Author Topic: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Game Over, Town Win  (Read 48572 times)

DiEnd

• DiEnd
Re: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Game Over, Town Win
« Reply #510 on: October 26, 2010, 01:01:02 AM »
neo you suck XD

Decade

• Decade
Re: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Game Over, Flavor and Everything Else Pending
« Reply #511 on: October 26, 2010, 01:02:18 AM »
I assure you it was my greatest pleasure to torment you, Kilga, by taking the praise aimed at your name, and make it my own.

As well, I insisted that either I be Kilga, Trance or myself when I signed up. I signed up primarily to get that last member in, and because I figured if I really WAS Kilga, some might WIFOM it and think it too obvious to be me. Of course, my lack of knowledge of player names made it abundantly clear that I could not possibly be a regular.

My first thoughts when the game started were, "Damnit, what did I begin?!", and after that it was mostly, "DOn't post don't post kilga wouldn't post so don't post don't post AAAH YOU POSTED".

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #512 on: October 26, 2010, 01:03:39 AM »
@notKilga:  Again, I can't blame you.  I'm many things to many people, but I don't think I've been a Master of the Obvious for a long time.  But fwiw, it's somewhat harder to find scum when you don't already know who they are and half the players don't make logical sense.

Also, my identity should have been incredibly obvious.  Even the Kogasa avatar is a halfghost (look at the legs).

-----

"I used to like Donut. But...
then he betrayed me for HER.
He must be dealt with accordingly."

You are Donut, MotK's edible buttmonkey* in no way related to Edible! You've recieved a sudden invitation to a game of mafia in an old mansion. You usually just replace out, buuut... maybe you'll give this one a try. Maybe you'll get a nice role?

Your role is Delicious Pastry. Each night you may go to one person's room, and sleep there for the night. Anyone who comes to visit will be unable to resist taking a bite out of you, and depending on what they came to do, their intended action may fail (Nightkills will fail, for example). You can only take so many nibblings, though, before there's nothing left...

PM the host ##Pastry:-target- with your intended target during night phases.

You have also been given a mystical item upon the start of the mafia game. With this item, you are Death Resistant. If you die (from getting eaten too much, or nk'd, for example), then for the next game day you shall be a Chicago Voter; unable to talk, except to vote/unvote once per post, and only able to do even this after at least two other people have spoken since your last vote. Hopefully you won't lose this useful item.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated, at which time the mansion's doors will open for you to leave.

If you have any questions, ask me through PMs on either the forum or #touhou-meido IRC.

*Donut told me it was totally fine to call him a buttmonkey in this role pm. Just in case you were wondering >:

Also, innuendo-laced result PMs.

You were nibbled five times during the night while cuddling with Purvis in his sleep. Goddamn.

You have experience with being nibbled though, and you can tell that three of the nibbles were by the same person! Huh.

"Maybe someone just really likes donuts... ;_;..."
You snuggled with Drake during the night!

But nothing happened.

You still kind of liked it, though.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #513 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:10 AM »
@russiansigns: Oh, I definitely agree with that. Again, I meant no ill will. I know full well that we had Perfect Knowledge at the time of who were scum, so perhaps it was more obvious to us. I do maintain that Mode provided almost no real game input at all past my death, and I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't have made things easier for you guys had you noticed that.

Of course, lynching Valentia was completely understandable.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #514 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:39 AM »
ROLE PM LIST. Typed up copies of all the puushes from the pregame image I had.

Kilga: http://puu.sh/gLw
Sana: http://puu.sh/gLy
Donut: http://puu.sh/gLz
Drake: http://puu.sh/gLA
Purvis: http://puu.sh/gLC
wrathie: http://puu.sh/gLD
Valentia: http://puu.sh/gLE
Alice: http://puu.sh/gLF
Slaves: http://puu.sh/gLG
Mode: http://puu.sh/gLH
Trance: http://puu.sh/gLJ
Pesco: http://puu.sh/gLK

And I was Eve L. Duehr Day 1. Each night I would target someone to possess and take over their account (and posting in whatever quicktopic they may have). Mode was unpossessable as a rolepower. My goal was to get the four godmothers, Donut, and Valentia killed, as revenge/an attempt to get a godmother position without anyone knowing I had killed them all! This is purely flavor-wise, of course.

If I had actually bothered to play and fulfill my role condition, I would have disappeared during the night, probably causing more confusion the next day as people try to find out who the new possession target was when nobody was possessed.

For those who didn't read all the pms, Mode and Slaves were a Scum/Town third party team that would combine into MODESLAVES and win the game if there was 4 or less total people left. That's why it was Pseudo-Mylo! They would have been very strong during the night after the Mystery Bomb, with everyone fullclaimed and having a NK, Roleblock, and Hijack at their disposal.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #515 on: October 26, 2010, 01:09:53 AM »
OH, and about that Trance targetting Purvis (and therefore nibbling Donut) 3 times Night 1.

If you've read the scumtopic, you'll see Trance sent in ##CopAFeel on Purvis three times night 1, just to make sure I got it. Well, ah...

You cop a feel on Purvis successfully during the night, and discover that he is a Governor!

A Governor has a one-shot ability to stop any lynch that is not on himself.

And then you go back to do it twice more, just for good measure. Or something.

I couldn't resist :V And yes, Donut's result pms were awesome too.

I have three pages of pms in my Inbox and Sent Box just from this stuff x_X

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #516 on: October 26, 2010, 01:11:34 AM »
If they fused, who would have won?  :/

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #517 on: October 26, 2010, 01:13:18 AM »
ModeSlabes third party win! Plus Sana (who was originally a third party). Imagine if I had won too; triple third party win :V

As I recall... "A game so HORRIBLY UNBALANCED against both town AND scum that you shall CRY tears of BLOOD". That's what Bardiche said about his game, but it would have applied  :3

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #518 on: October 26, 2010, 01:13:38 AM »
Code: [Select]
<Polaris> can you give an elaborate riddle that I'll never be able to solve due to the fact that it involves a hidden clue that possibly neither of us know
<MafiaSerela> ...
<MafiaSerela> I don't have the time for that, Sana! D:
<Polaris> D:
<Polaris> but but but you can say something vague like
<Polaris> "Valentia is a cookie!"
<MafiaSerela> I gotta start in 29 minutes and I have more results to send and flavor to write ;_;
<MafiaSerela> also whut
<Polaris> and then I'll have to decipher it to uncover the true meaning
<MafiaSerela> okay
<MafiaSerela> Valentia is a cookie!
<MafiaSerela> happy? :D
<Polaris> D: of course not because that's incredibly vague and it'll probably be too hard to decipher D:
<MafiaSerela> That's the point, silly!
<Polaris> D:

<Polaris> is valentia a cookie
<MafiaSerela> that depends
<MafiaSerela> is purvis a robot?
<Polaris> purvis is a hoboverlord
<Polaris> 8(
<MafiaSerela> ARE YOU SURE?
<Polaris> ....are YOU sure?
<Polaris> B|
<MafiaSerela> Only I know the answer to that.
<Polaris> then only I know the answer to your question
<Polaris> >:V

<Polaris> Neo, is Trance a cookie?
<MafiaSerela> are you going to ask if everyone is a cookie
<Polaris> no
<Polaris> I only asked for confirmation on Val's cookieship and Trance is the second person I'm asking on
<MafiaSerela> =|
<Polaris> Serela is it a bad thing if I'm responding to Wrathie's post with a continuation of the lyrics
<MafiaSerela> No
<MafiaSerela> well
<MafiaSerela> idk
<Polaris> :D
<MafiaSerela> :V

<Polaris> is trance a cookie?
<MafiaSerela> what kind of question is that anyway ;_;
<MafiaSerela> okay
<MafiaSerela> ym
<MafiaSerela> um*
<MafiaSerela> no
<Polaris> !?!?!?!!!
<Polaris> DOES THIS MEAN I'VE FOUND SCUM?!?! 8D
<MafiaSerela> what?
<Polaris> 8D
<MafiaSerela> I'm
<MafiaSerela> so confused

<Polaris> Serela are Trance and Mode cookies
<Polaris> are you going to answer this with a coherent answer
<MafiaSerela> yes
<MafiaSerela> they are cookies
<MafiaSerela> except mode is only half a cookie
<MafiaSerela> the other half got eaten
<Polaris> by slaves? D:
<MafiaSerela> no
<MafiaSerela> slaves baked her c:
<Polaris> D:
<Polaris> who ate her then
<MafiaSerela> idk everything!
<Polaris> D:

THEY'RE ALL COOKIES. ALL OF THEM.
I was using cookie as a term for "not particularly experienced-at-Mafia people" but I think Serela interpreted it as being "scum" by the very last conversation, which is why Trance is a cookie and Mode is a half-cookie. :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #519 on: October 26, 2010, 01:14:45 AM »
SPECIAL ACTIONS YEAH

Confirmation Phase
Slaves - ##Draw:Eve L. Duehr (Result:Mod PM power, which he declines to use)

Day 1
Alice: ##Identificate:Mode (Result: Clock Cloak of Invisibility; Track+Command Name)

Night 1
Donut: ##Pastry:Purvis (Result:Nibbled 5 times)
Trance: ##CopAFeel:Purvis (Result:Success)
Slabes: ##Draw:Kilgajesus (Result:Roleblocked)
Purvis: Asked for Sana (Result:Planeteer)
Drake: ##Disable:Slabes (Result:Success)
Kilga: ##ComeToJesus:Sana (Result:Success)
Kilga:Lie Detect Post 83 (Result:Not Lying)
Sana: ##PS:Donut and Valentia (Result:Success)
Trance wants to cop two more feels on purvis (Result:Fine, if you REALLY want to)
Drake: ##PS:Valentia and TranceHime (Result:Success)
Alice: ##Watch:Purvis (Result:Nibble Donut, see Trance and Donut and Trance and Trance and Mode target Purvis)
Wrathie: ##Logicify:Sana (Result:Scum)
Mode: ##Stalk:Purvis (See Purvis ask for Sana)
EveSerela: Possess Drake

Day 2
Trance: ##Kneecap: Kilgajesus

Night 2
Slabes: ##Draw: Donut (Gain ##Pastry)
Donut: ##Pastry: Purvis (Roleblocked)
Drake: ##Disable: Donut
Mode: ##Stalk: Donut (Targetted Purvis w/##Pastry and failed)
Wrathie: ##Logicify: Donut (Scum)
Purvis: ##Ask: Donut (##Pastry)
Drake: ##PS: Trance and Drake (Trance gets ##PS ##Disable, Drake gets RoleSteal ##Kneecap)
Val: ##CopAFeel: Easy Modo
Trance: Nightkill Wrathie

Day 3
BOMB GOES BOOM, POWER SHIFT

Slaves gets Hijack
Mode gets Disabler
Donut gets Death-Resistant
Purvis gets Cloak of Invisibility
Valentia gets Power Item Identifier
Drake gets Draw
Trance gets Lie Detector

Night 3
Purvis: ##Stalk Slaves (Nothing happened)
Donut: ##Pastry Drake (Nothing happened)
Drake: ##Pastry Donut (One nibble)
Drake: ##Draw Purvis (Governor power)
Val: ##CopAFeel Purvis (Governor)
Mode: Kill Donut (Fail)

Day 4
Val: ##Identificate: Mode (Result: Roleblocker gun)

Night 3 was Drake on Donut pastryxpastry snuggling action :3

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #520 on: October 26, 2010, 01:17:22 AM »
Phew. I was about ready to pull my hair out if the game lasted for much longer. My head was starting to hurt from all the speculation this last day.

And oh god there's so much to read through even though the game is over already ;_;

>Forgot to put in role pms that Powerswitching was compulsive (I received some "You Bastard" pms on night 1 due to this)

Fun fact: I actually was considering ##Disable-ing myself so I wouldn't have to use my Powerswitcher role. :V I don't remember if I asked you about it or decided otherwise in the end.

Thanks for only almost strangling me.

Sorry if I sounded a little bit abrasive. No hard feelings though. :x

Nobu broke the game open a good deal with his role analysis but he started saying a whole load of wrong things on the final day and I'm 95% sure he would have been my Day 5 vote had the game continued after a Mode scumflip. Really a tossup between any of them.

A whole load of wrong things? Like what? :/
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #521 on: October 26, 2010, 01:17:31 AM »
Here's my own take on things, because I clearly haven't made enough postgame posts already.
This game was fairly fun to co-mod and watch unfold at first, but unfortunately, D4 turned out incredibly dull for me because it was all role speculation, and I feel that if people had actually looked past roles for a bit (not saying the role speculation was entirely BAD) then maybe Furienimode would have been caught much easier, but then again I was reading this game from the goggles of somebody who already knew who was scum.

I actually liked seeing a lot of the roles in action (planeteer etc), but was a bit irritated because Serela had only given me vague info about a lot of them (there some roles that were to be used during the day that I assumed were night roles, etc). Then again maybe I just should have read the PMs more thoroughly? I dunno. I probably wasn't very good for reviewing the setup either (I did not raise nearly enough complaints as I should have towards a few roles, notably Eve), so I probably deserve a bit of rage over that too.

Additionally, people, when the mod tells you to send your actions to both the mod and the co-mod, it's nice to actually listen to them. I felt left out of the loop by both Serela and the players, honestly.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #522 on: October 26, 2010, 01:18:55 AM »
Why did you follow my directions for game balance, NeoSerela.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #523 on: October 26, 2010, 01:20:16 AM »
I do maintain that Mode provided almost no real game input at all past my death, and I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't have made things easier for you guys had you noticed that.
It was noticed.  Valentia wasn't doing anything either though.  Nor was Slaves, really.  For two of them, there was a reason for it.

The last Day's wagons came down to Slaves and Mode on one side and Purvis and Drake on the other.  All other things being equal, it was an easy decision.

Incidentally, with the exception of clearing Mode midway through D2 I insist that my Town reads were not wrong at any point.  Now consider that of the people left D2, there was:
*Sana - third party wannabe
*Trance - scum
*Mode - scum(ish)
*Slaves - scum(ish)
*Valentia - Valentia
*Drake - recently unpersoned into scum
And you wonder why I had a hard time choosing one.

For those who didn't read all the pms, Mode and Slaves were a Scum/Town third party team that would combine into MODESLAVES and win the game if there was 4 or less total people left. That's why it was Pseudo-Mylo! They would have been very strong during the night after the Mystery Bomb, with everyone fullclaimed and having a NK, Roleblock, and Hijack at their disposal.
Never again in a 13-player game will you put in two scumteams, a Townie who can ditch everyone else, and a third party who doesn't count as being in the game to begin with.

I'm being serious.  It's not fun to play a game that you don't have a chance to win.  (See earlier in the post for an idea of who THREE and a half TOWNIES were up against D2.)

I'm assuming Wrathie was Mod Note Insane?  Flavorful, but *>.>

Sorry if I sounded a little bit abrasive. No hard feelings though. :x
Any abuse you gave me, I gave back.  Don't worry about it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #524 on: October 26, 2010, 01:21:34 AM »
Poor huhwhat ;_;

Also, I almost forgot! Time for more HUHWHAT ABUSE!

Game start flavor, Huhwhat comes stomping into the mansion to complain. Eve L. Duehr (Me in disguise using a transformation potion with hair of Eve L. Duehr's twin sister I kidnapped and then killed N1 to provide a dead body) attacks Huhwhat and ties him up and throws him in the basement to be the captive comod.

The first letter of every votecount spelled "Huhwhat basement!" and then there was Hungry Votecount Thirsty Votecount etc. But no one mentioned huhwhat at all, or even payed attention to him by sending him their action pms!

So, everyone ended up leaving the mansion at the end (if they were alive), not realizing huhwhat was still tied up in the basement after 4 days without food and only a pail of stale water. Poor huhwhat.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #525 on: October 26, 2010, 01:23:02 AM »
Quote from: Omega Wrathie
Never again in a 13-player game will you put in two scumteams etc
Yeah I definitely shouldn't have removed two townies mid-signup to speed up signup phase.

« Reply #526 on: October 26, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »
Slaves really lucked out D4, honestly. The only way he could have lost at that point was by getting lynched himself, and then he got confirmed by Purvis' tracker.

« Reply #527 on: October 26, 2010, 01:24:07 AM »
It's surprising how little I have to add to this conversation.

It's been forever since I've played a mafia game.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #528 on: October 26, 2010, 01:24:24 AM »
I think of all people, Serela received most yelling this game, ha ha.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #529 on: October 26, 2010, 01:24:56 AM »
It's surprising how little I have to add to this conversation.

It's been forever since I've played a mafia game.
You were really good at being Alice @_@ You didn't have to take your role restriction THAT far... :V

Kilgabardicheninja:Well I deserved it :V

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #530 on: October 26, 2010, 01:26:44 AM »
Completely, utterly and with full devotion. Lovingly and scornfully.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #531 on: October 26, 2010, 01:27:14 AM »
Anyway, thanks everyone for being my experimental guinea pigs! I'm reworking several roles and rebalancing and swapping out different gimmicks and changing flavor to prepare for ~*~THE SEQUEL~*~ now  ;)

Mwahahahaahaha >:D

It totally won't have me playing in it this time okay ;_;

« Reply #532 on: October 26, 2010, 01:27:24 AM »
You were really good at being Alice @_@ You didn't have to take your role restriction THAT far... :V

Kilgabardicheninja:Well I deserved it :V

Nobody ever said anything about having to. :3

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #533 on: October 26, 2010, 01:29:42 AM »
Nobody ever said anything about having to. :3
I'll give you credit, your singular post could definitely have passed off as an Alicepost.

Just remember that Alice draws fire as soon as the village idiots are all dead or cleared, and has a hard time shaking it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #534 on: October 26, 2010, 01:34:33 AM »
Just remember that Alice draws fire as soon as the village idiots are all dead or cleared, and has a hard time shaking it.
Alice usually gets nightkilled by then though, right?

There's a good reason why Alice is (supposed to be, at least) a lylo policy lynch :P

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #535 on: October 26, 2010, 01:38:38 AM »
Oh, about my last post at the end of D1 when I voted for Pesco, and Bard commented as being the 'bad part of my post'. That was honest frustration at the amount of lurking on D1. ;;

It was nice to see this game all the way to the end though. :3 I did have fun, all things considered. I feel like I hid my relative nubbiness well this game, though I felt like it was obvious who I was after my WoT posts. Did anyone end up guessing who I was this game?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #536 on: October 26, 2010, 01:39:29 AM »
Polly and Baity did. But you told them, apparently :P

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #537 on: October 26, 2010, 01:42:20 AM »
The only thing I'll miss is being Kilga. I have no regrets, this was the only path.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #538 on: October 26, 2010, 01:43:14 AM »
Nobu: I tried to point them out as I went along. The "Purvis is scummy because he's never been suspected!" to open the day (complete with quickvote) made me щ(゚Д゚щ)  so hard I sprained both wrists. And then there were several instances where it looked like you were just slinging mud at people and things in an attempt to bully suspicion on them instead of actually trying to hunt for what was scummy.

Calling me scummy for avoiding claiming while you had spent so long avoiding claiming wasn't cool either. :<
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #539 on: October 26, 2010, 01:52:34 AM »
The only thing I'll miss is being Alice. I have no regrets, this was the only path.