Author Topic: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Game Over, Town Win  (Read 49722 times)

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
Re: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Day 2 starts now.
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2010, 06:36:25 AM »
@Purvis: Sana's defense of pesco?  That's old hat and pretty much the unspoken reason everyone was going after Trance anyway; Sana's wagon swing pretty much renders that point irrelevant since it's this 'defense' exaggerated to the highest degree.  And wrathie also chipped in something, what about the wagon swing which was quite obvious.  Anyway, there wasn't even much to Trance's post anyway other than that and the Alice thing.  As for your other points, you're free to make do with them, though I'm not sure how they fit into an overall scheme of things now.

Furthermore, your post strikes me as a defense of Trance; defense that Trance himself should have given.  No, I would not have been any happier whether he admitted it or not; non-existent justification on why pesco instead of Kilga was the more dominant factor here, and you providing a false choice between him providing 'no opinions' or 'parroting opinions' makes me feel a bit iffy about you.  The thing is that all the points he put towards Sana could be applied to himself as well in that D2 post, which was contradictory and pointed towards an artificial renewal of the same old points without considering what implications they had for him. 

Reading the case on donut now.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2010, 06:48:15 AM »
Dear Blog,

I have no idea what Slabes just said in #180. Literally, nothing. It's more confusing than any of my posts or my alter-ego posts. Am I going out of my mind?  I didn't even drink that much just now. Maybe it's the want for gravy causing delusions. I think I'm going to lie down and try to take that nap again. Still not sure what to make of Slabes, but all I see are WITCHES WITCHES WITCHES... BURN BURN BURN... FIRE FIRE FIRE... WIND... WATER... HEART... GO PLANET! ..........Fuck me.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2010, 07:40:24 AM »
DIE THE DEATH!  SENTENCED TO DEATH!  GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2010, 11:17:55 AM »
Well this had to happen eventually.

The scum team is more likely nubbie because they evidently considered not killing last Night (why?) and because frankly I have Town reads on almost everyone else.  The fact that there were pro-Town reasons for killing Alice doesn't mean that's why it happened - there were far better kills IMO.

Re: Alleged indecision between Kilga and Drake:  I don't see how this is scummy.  I found people I thought were scummy, I pursued them, I stopped when someone better came up.  My goal is to get as much done D1 as possible.
That's why I'm the king of the Koopas!  I GET THINGS DONE!

Going to Nutty's #83, now that I read it, his responses to Mode aren't really that adequate. A call to bandwagon from both you and Drake is still what it is and yea, you did go vote Drake for it. So you never really refute the point, just brush it aside. Also:
"They're the same thing"
"No they aren't"
"Yes they are"
...Guess what my response would have to be.

Whoa, pot and kettle! From #37-#75, you pretty much don't acknowledge Pesco at all despite spending the time to be extremely talkative about most everyone else and their responses. Kilga noticably questions Pesco while talking to you and I find it odd you don't. Only after there are already 2 votes on Pesco, you bring up an analysis of Pesco and at the same time a simple one-liner temporary clear of Kilga in your big #83. By this point, you can reasonably say that Pesco had done himself in by then as he never posts in the game again and the various votes fall into place. So yes, after the lone non-Pesco vote was proven to be Town moments ago, Pesco was bus worthy after his post #82. Picking on the late newb or the nub voting Kilga in Day 1 seems short sighted.
I was engaging Kilga and didn't want to move on until I was done with him.  Saying I had a "simple one-liner clear of Kilga" shows that you didn't read it or what I was doing.  And while we're on this subject, I was the one who pointed out that Pesco tried to get away with calling me and whoever possible newbscum partners, probably the strongest part of the case IMO.

And in regards to your reason to vote Slaves:

Pot and kettle again! You give me bad vibes all around and I want this train of thought to be discussed more. Therefore, I don't trust going on the Valentia wagon right now with 3 quick votes on it and the Trance wagon is a bit inconclusive. Those 2 definitely need to speak up and vote.
At the end of yesterday and before Today, my suspect list looked like this (in order):
--SCUM--
Mode
Sana
|
Slaves
Trance
Alice
Valentia
Eve
Kilga
|
Drake
Wrathie
Purvis
--TOWN--
While looking over the game I noticed that while I remembered good things about Slaves, he hadn't posted anything for the important half of the Day, so he went up the suspectometer.  When the chance came to squeeze info out of him, I jumped for it.

@Purvis:  If you want me to be more clear about the "lynch pool".
You are Town.  If there is any dispute about this let me know.
Wrathie is probably Town and has been almost all game.
Drake was Townish enough the last time I checked.
Kilga is/was Town.
I'm Town.  If you can't see that after I threw away the ability for scum to let SUPER STEALTH LYLO go by - AND allowed my hypopartner to throw away my SUPER STEALTH LYLO MAKER one-shot vig - please learn to play Mafia.

So at that point, there were five people remaining, all of whom had votes except for Mode.  Thus they were the only people getting lynched.

A page or two later, that pool of Townies is reduced to you, Wrathie, Drake, me, and Mode.  Five out of eight.  If you want to include Drake as a side option (I haven't reread him so I don't know if that's a good idea or not), that's still half the Town who shouldn't get lynched.  Again, we can't miss.

----

What I was going to say when I said I would let Wrathie speak first was that based on the same crackpot logic that brought you newbscum - specifically, looking at who had posted between Sana's escape and the following vote count (thus they had the chance to submit the Kilgakill between then and didn't), the kill was more likely to have been submitted by one of {Trance, Valentia, Wrathie, Purvis}.  I'm not going back on my Purvis read, but I wanted to see what Wrathie had to say since he conveniently showed up afterward.  The other two look familiar.  IN ADDITION, the only one who had not posted after it was declared that Kilga was obvious Town was Trance, so if Trance had been AFK all day, that was literally the first chance he had to submit the kill.

##Unvote: Valentia
##Vote: Trance

---

Quote from: Purvis
As for your other points, you're free to make do with them, though I'm not sure how they fit into an overall scheme of things now.
Is this an underhanded way of saying "lol I'm not scum with Donut"?  ::)

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2010, 05:11:55 PM »
The scum team is more likely nubbie because they evidently considered not killing last Night (why?) and because frankly I have Town reads on almost everyone else.  The fact that there were pro-Town reasons for killing Alice doesn't mean that's why it happened - there were far better kills IMO.

First point is inconclusive. Scum considering to not kill at Night is likely something more experienced Scum players would suggest rather than nubscum. "Far better kills over Alice" is your opinion, but may not reflect the Scumteam's opinion.

You clearing Kilga has no bearing on your alignment. Anybody can engage in conversation with someone and then make an opinion of it. It's easier for Scum to do because they actually know who's not on their team. So you focusing on Kilga till you were done with him and clearing him doesn't really make you more Townie in the long run, just more active. And I figured that Pesco not voting after his jokevote disappeared, his bystanderism then delayed and shoddy jump onto Kilga were stronger factors against him, not that he called 2 people scumpartners. That latter mistake has been made by Townies before, at least more so than the other points, so I don't find your efforts against Pesco satisfying.

And frankly, I never saw your supposed extra vote in effect. You and Mode ran through some dialogue of voting and unvoting, but I actually never saw it on a mod's votecount. Please link where it's supposed to be. I also wondered why you would bother to reveal such a power proactively. If you're worried about it making you look scummy, you don't really have to use it.

Thinking about people as a pool of Townies is bad bad bad. This ain't a clique thing. Frankly, we're almost out of time; it boggles my mind that we lynched correctly on Day 1, but could potentially be in LYLO if we mislynch on Day 2 in a 13 player game. The game situation has degraded to the point that we have to look at everybody now.

Trying to guess who submitted the Kilgakill is a futile exercise and another dangerous assumption. You cannot eliminate anybody from this list nor place anybody higher on it. And you're not going to get any definitive answer from anybody. For me, I was at work and not active on the forum. That's it. Also wait wait wait. Why the change from Valentia to Trance? Just because for some inconclusive reason, you think Trance submitted the Kilgakill? I'd like you to re-summarize your case against Valentia, Trance, and Slaves so I can make more sense of all your jumps.

None of what you said has convinced me to drop the case on you so my vote stays. You had more opportunities to get onto Pesco's case due to your activity then either Valentia or Trance, but failed to do so adequately until Pesco had already dug his own grave. I'm pursuing the actively scummy case over the passively scummy case here.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2010, 06:00:11 PM »
"Far better kills over Alice" is your opinion, but may not reflect the Scumteam's opinion.
But if I'm ON the scumteam, and likely paired with a newbie, wouldn't I have, y'know, not killed Alice?

And I figured that Pesco not voting after his jokevote disappeared, his bystanderism then delayed and shoddy jump onto Kilga were stronger factors against him, not that he called 2 people scumpartners.
Bolded ignores that Pesco also implied that both me and Drake (or was it Kilga, whoever) were newbies as well as scumpartners, which was obviously not true.  But whatever.

And frankly, I never saw your supposed extra vote in effect. You and Mode ran through some dialogue of voting and unvoting, but I actually never saw it on a mod's votecount. Please link where it's supposed to be. I also wondered why you would bother to reveal such a power proactively. If you're worried about it making you look scummy, you don't really have to use it.
Ctrl-F "Basement Dweller".  I even acknowledged it publicly afterward.  I don't have time or the right browser to link to it.

As for why I would bother to reveal that kind of power proactively, that's a really bloody good question!  As scum it would be stupid to not avoid mention of the power, sit on it until LyLo, and INSTA-WIN.  As Town, I want it burned to prevent precisely that, as there's virtually no decent reason to have it (emergency lynch-getter with five minutes to LyLo and nobody else online, maybe).  This isn't WIFOM, this is someone deliberately shooting themself in the foot if they're scum.

Also wait wait wait. Why the change from Valentia to Trance? Just because for some inconclusive reason, you think Trance submitted the Kilgakill? I'd like you to re-summarize your case against Valentia, Trance, and Slaves so I can make more sense of all your jumps.
Trance is at most slightly more scummy than Valentia for the reason given.  I wouldn't mind if either of them got lynched Today.

The "case" such as it is is on each of them is that they aren't obviously Town.  When half the game is probTown you can afford to lynch who's left.  Do you have any qualms with my Town list?  I suppose I could detail each one's relatively lackluster participation, fluffposts, and general avoidance of attention (from what I remember Slaves has a milder case of all of these--rushposting here), but all of that is relatively unenlightening old news and I can only assume you've forgotten it if you're asking about it.

Last - Have you ever played as scum against this kind of Town?  If I really wanted to avoid getting lynched and coast by I would be lurking much more and causing disturbances much less.  I mean really, as scum I would be going SO FAR OUT OF MY WAY to make a spectacle of myself that it's virtually suicidal.

I can respect that I haven't played the most orthodox of games here, but calling me scum implies that I've been playing outrightly stupid.  Not WIFOMscum, but plainly stupid.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »
Between Wrathie and Slaves' posts, I realize I do need to pull off of Slaves. I'm not a fan of this "unspoken word" qualifying as the "everyone else" but the rest of the post is sound: it made me go back and read the exact wording of Trance's posts. I had initially assumed this to mean "I'm not talking more because everyone else has already said what I was going to say" but upon second reading I realize that probably isn't the case, as it really reads as "I'm not talking because enough people have talked". Wrathie brings up a good point in that Slaves and Donut likely aren't a scumpair, too.

That being said, in the general case, I'm not going to not point out something I think is wrong with someone's case just because they think the person that case is on should respond to it first.

Donut, I did not want you to be "more clear" about the lynch pool. I knew exactly what you were getting at. What you're doing with those lynch pools is herding the town by trying to subtly convince them toward only looking at a handful of suspects with ignoring all others. Focusing in on a small set of players is not a good thing, especially not this early. I will want a cop claim at the very least before I even start considering throwing out players as suspects. There are people I think are townier than others, sure, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to consider them. For example, both Drake and yourself have plummeted down my townie list despite being near the top at the very beginning of today.

"Dangerous assumptions", as Wrathie put it, are not pro-town, and misdirection via those assumptions is certainly not a townie action.

I was engaging Kilga and didn't want to move on until I was done with him.  Saying I had a "simple one-liner clear of Kilga" shows that you didn't read it or what I was doing.

And yet Kilga had no problem discussing things with both yourself and Pesco at the same time. What made it impossible for you to discuss Kilga and Pesco at the same time, especially when Pesco's response to your question was so incredibly lackluster? Not "wanting to" is hardly a good reason - town should always want to grill people they find scummy.

this an underhanded way of saying "lol I'm not scum with Donut"?  ::)

I'm going to asume you meant Slaves and not myself with that quote.

This latest post is a lot of "if I were scum" and a bit of snapping back at Wrathie for not taking you at your word about your opinion of Alice as an NK choice. The crucial thing you appear to be holding onto, however, is the use of the hidden vote. It is true that scum would want to keep it hidden more than town - but the vote wasn't hidden, was it? You admit you "came into possession of it" here, meaning whoever had it on Day 1 would know of its existence. I say this because I know of this mechanic; I have a secret item of my own. Based on what I know about my secret item and the game mechanics surrounding it, you didn't just happen into a second vote overnight, it came from someone else who had it first. Suddenly the hidden vote isn't so hidden, since whoever had it Day 1 knows it's floating around. You also know you could later lose it anyway, which would make hanging onto it in silence pointless for scum. Given all that, I see using it today as a reasonable move for scum to make, just so you could try to look townie about it (and point back at it later, just as you are doing now).

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »
And before anyone calls "dangerous assumptions" on my secret item speculation, I admit it's possible Donut just happened into a secret vote by whim of mod, but based on what I have seen myself in regards to secret items and how their mechanics work, it is certainly not at all a sure thing that the vote was hidden, which really hurts that defense.

(And no, I'm obviously not going to say what my secret item does.)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »
Aaah, Votecount!

Violentia (2): Easy Modo, GODrake
TranceTheHime (2): Slabes, Kuruminut
Kuruminut (2): Omega Wrathie, HoboverlordPurvis

Not Voting:Violentia, TranceTheHime

TranceTheHime and Violentia are being prodded.

With 8 players, it takes 5 to lynch.
There are 28 hours left in the day.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 08:51:07 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »
*is prodded*

fine fine.

##vote trance

Since there is a case on him at the moment.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
Could you please try actually playing the game?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2010, 10:30:22 PM »
But if I'm ON the scumteam, and likely paired with a newbie, wouldn't I have, y'know, not killed Alice?

I just got back from the DMV but I want to poke this first:

Given Alice's level of play, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone decided to off him first, be they SK or Vig or Scum.

Unrelatedly; I can't tell if Violentia is being bad or obfuscatingly bad. :|

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
To hit on my Valentia point again, Purvis made this statement back in post 173

As bad as Valentia is, there's something here telling me I don't want to vote for her. Not yet. Part of it is the mad dash to her right after Sana's flip, and part of it is looking back at that post and going "that post is just bad". Bad bad. Unhelpful bad. Anti-town bad. But...I don't know if I see it as scummy. I look at it and think "What would make scum more likely to post this than town? What advantage does scum hope to gain by being this unhelpful?" And I have no answer to these questions. When I do, I'll be ready to vote for her.

I've thought about it and there's one situation I can come up with:

Pesco was bad. Really - how does scum get themselves lynched on day one, short of falling into the '3rd/4th on the train is scum' trap? A statistical fluke. I agree with Wrathie - it boggles the mind how it happened, but there you go.

One way to help ride out the storm: be bad, too. Obfuscatingly bad. Pesco screwed up not in the same sense Valentia is; he lurked and his defense for it was bad and he paid the price for it. Yet, going back to the '3rd/4th on the train' trap - Valentia fell into this too. So she's either being obfuscatingly bad on purpose or is a newbie scum. Or a clueless townie. I can't verify it either way, but the outcomes are 2:1 for scum. (Which probably doesn't mean anything analysis-wise.)

WRT to Donut's vote: He claims to have deployed it and we didn't see any notification of it. At least, going back to check on the mod votecounts there was no indication of it being used. Can we prove that it's even gone or that it was even used? Lots of Variables, here.

He also mentioned in #183:

I'm Town.  If you can't see that after I threw away the ability for scum to let SUPER STEALTH LYLO go by - AND allowed my hypopartner to throw away my SUPER STEALTH LYLO MAKER one-shot vig - please learn to play Mafia.

I'm guessing 'hypopartner' is a hypothetical partner - ie a supposed scum buddy of Donut's. But here I'm disquieted. How do we know that scum had the one-shot vig - I don't know where this idea came into play. It's also been bugging me for awhile that the dayvig was used on Kilga in the middle of a train on Trance. Maybe this is just leading into a bad train of circular logic, but isn't there two reasons one would do this - either to incriminate Trance or take the fire off him? Wrathie suggested earlier that this was a dangerous train of thought so I'm not enthusiastic about following it despite its bothering me.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2010, 11:15:23 PM »
Look down. Back up. What's that in Post #141? It's a votecount, with a vote from "Basement Dweller" attached to Sana. Look again. Post #141 is now Post #142, where Donut claims the extra vote to be his! Anything is possible with the power of checking the vote counts. I'm on a roll.

You'll have to pardon me for not really wanting to base my case on Refuge in Audacity, especially in a role madness game. There's no way of knowing the prevaling town opinion won't ultimately swing toward Valentia anyway, and there's no way to be sure Valentia would survive whatever role madness throws at us.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »
orz

My bad, and alright, I can see your point.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2010, 11:47:54 PM »
Alright, Violentia's style of enigmatic posting is getting on my nerves.  I hardly want such a player to be present during LyLO, if deciding whether he is scum or noobtown can only be akin to gambling.  Even if we play wonderfully in the next two days, we are not going anywhere with this shadow of a newbie haunting us day and night.  At the very least, Trance had some content to him, and donut has some connections but since Violentia is not and is throwing votes left and right to avoid modkill, I think it might be best to lynch Violentia today.

##Unvote
##Vote: Violentia

---

I'm not sure if I agree with wrathie's case about  the potential bus and the awkward shifting from Kilga to pesco, but I really do not like donut's scumhunting.  Just making a blanket statement that most people are pro-town and voting those not in that list just for that reason is very very lazy, especially if there are little to no reasons.  It also releases the pressure and allows you to miss out on a whole lot of people in order to get some easy lynches.  And this attitude rather fits scum's ideal way of playing; to look as townie as possible while merely trying to get the easy lynches through impressive pieces of faux reasoning.  Seeing that most of your post is dedicated to stalwart defense and self-justification rather than hunting scum, it's also fair to say that your actual content isn't very huge.

And of course, saying I would have killed that and this if I were scum is meaningless, because anyone could have said that... but I'll take a closer look on him the next day.  Right now, I feel that Violentia should be lynched first.  Perhaps donut will pump out  more content once the newbies are gone.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2010, 11:56:34 PM »
Many thanks to Purvis for finding the vote.  There's disputing my motives and then there's disputing what's actually on the page.

I'm actually curious as to who or what is running the item swap.  I liked my first item better (though in scum hands it could also cause stealth LyLo), and scum shouldn't have picked up that Vig for obvious reasons.  I doubt anyone will be forthcoming with that information though.

Donut, I did not want you to be "more clear" about the lynch pool. I knew exactly what you were getting at. What you're doing with those lynch pools is herding the town by trying to subtly convince them toward only looking at a handful of suspects with ignoring all others. Focusing in on a small set of players is not a good thing, especially not this early. I will want a cop claim at the very least before I even start considering throwing out players as suspects. There are people I think are townier than others, sure, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to consider them. For example, both Drake and yourself have plummeted down my townie list despite being near the top at the very beginning of today.
It's entirely possible to be completely fooled by scum acting Town, sure.  It's happened before to all of us.  But one, it's not early.  Assuming two scum left, tomorrow is LyLo if we mislynch today and we've already had plenty of revealing discussion up to this point.  And two, simply because I don't think a large group of people are scum doesn't mean I ignore them completely.  I wondered about Wrathie after the kill-ga, and after reconsideration I still think he's Town.  Process of elimination is a wonderful thing, and to say that you're not willing to consider people Town without a Cop investigation is to take out what's arguably the easier approach of finding scum.

As I said before, I expected to get grilled for my play sooner or later.  The fact that this push is soaking up a real-time day is discouraging.  It's not impossible for me to get lynched over obvious scum.  But what really frustrates me is that the people who are pushing me as scum are my top Town reads and no doubt everyone else's.  It's a waste.

"Dangerous assumptions", as Wrathie put it, are not pro-town, and misdirection via those assumptions is certainly not a townie action.
I have explained over the course of at least three posts why I think these assumptions are at least IMO are likely to be accurate.  If you don't buy into them, consider that I'm wrong but working with the best information I have instead of SCUM SEKRETLY TRYING TO MISLEAD TOWN TO ITS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

And yet Kilga had no problem discussing things with both yourself and Pesco at the same time. What made it impossible for you to discuss Kilga and Pesco at the same time, especially when Pesco's response to your question was so incredibly lackluster? Not "wanting to" is hardly a good reason - town should always want to grill people they find scummy.
The theory was that I wanted to stay primarily on Kilga's case so the pressure didn't come out like "I'm pressuring you now but if you give a good answer I can hop onto this next person and you can skate by".  Believe it if you wish.

---

Given Alice's level of play, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone decided to off him first, be they SK or Vig or Scum.
Anonymafia.  Alice does not necessarily mean Alice, in spite of the similarity in posting style.  Come on now.
And really, I doubt the mod was screwing with us when he chided the scum on not wanting to make a kill (or not being present to submit one, more likely).

Quote from: Mode
How do we know that scum had the one-shot vig - I don't know where this idea came into play.
Kilga was the one person people have been willing to call obvious town.  Who on EARTH would vig the golden townie?  OH THAT'S RIGHT.

Stuff like this is why I wanted to lynch you in the first place.

---

Quote from: Slaves
Just making a blanket statement that most people are pro-town and voting those not in that list just for that reason is very very lazy, especially if there are little to no reasons.  It also releases the pressure and allows you to miss out on a whole lot of people in order to get some easy lynches.
The people getting voted today, minus myself and plus Mode, all just happen to be the people who have been off my Town list since the beginning of the day.   Are you suggesting that I should be digging up dirt on people I think are Town for the sake of "scumhunting"?

Nice "easy" vote btw. 
Even if we play wonderfully in the next two days, we are not going anywhere with this shadow of a newbie haunting us day and night.
Hey Mode, that's more what a policy vote looks like :P

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2010, 12:08:47 AM »
Actually now I'm curious.

Slaves, am I scum?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2010, 12:29:25 AM »
And really, I doubt the mod was screwing with us when he chided the scum on not wanting to make a kill (or not being present to submit one, more likely).
Just gonna throw out there, that was flavor related to like, how in flavor people actually died so flavorscum might not want to use their nk and etc

So yeah. :X

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2010, 12:42:02 AM »
And thus, I have returned from real life into the world of the internet!

About me being so called "under the radar" and being scum for being so under the radar, i generally do not have much to add to other peoples statements as is.

The case behind Sana at the moment could possibly lead her to be lynched, still not sure on it and i rather not vote on it as of yet.

The first half of this quote, I said at the end of day one. This brings me under fire from... plenty of people. The second half, however, I did the opposite and lead the charge, which brought me under attack from the other half of the board. At this point, it's pretty much a coin toss between you and me for the lynch.

I see no point in the,"Lynch anything" tatic, seems like a pull out a machine gun and spray option which isnt the smartest idea ever

Unless a bigger spark of evidence appears Sana is off my scum list.

But there were reasons pointed at Sana, making the votes somewhat reasonable. You just decide not to jump on it, and the escape from Sana flips up town. I'm not sure who is more deserving of this day's lynch, but it is clear that neither of us are wanted for the final phase of the game. However, I will refrain from voting on you currently....

*is prodded*

fine fine.

##vote trance

Since there is a case on him at the moment.

What the hell?

Also, Kilga just died. Somebody is either seeking attention, avoiding it, or just wanted a random kill in the middle of the day.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2010, 01:07:16 AM »
Quote from: NeoSerela
Just gonna throw out there, that was flavor related to like, how in flavor people actually died so flavorscum might not want to use their nk and etc

So yeah. :X
I actually don't buy that. ##Vote: NeoSereI'll have to take your word for it anyway.

---

Quote from: Trance
I'm not sure who is more deserving of this day's lynch, but it is clear that neither of us are wanted for the final phase of the game. However, I will refrain from voting on you currently....
Could you explain what you mean by deserving of this day's lynch, and why you want to refrain from voting Valentia?

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2010, 03:54:18 AM »
No seriously Donut, why are Valentia and/or Trance obvious scum? I will entertain the notion that you could be Townie just pushing this reckless train of newbscum thought, but I want another summarization. You brushed me off last time and I interpreted it as not wanting to say something that would incriminate yourself. Your votes have been too fluid between them through the Day, and it smacks of indifference as to which one is the "more correct lynch" which is how Scum like to roll. But they are 2 different people with 2 potentially different alignments. Differentiate them and explain why one is better than the other for today.

And where's your suspicion of virtually every player piling onto either of them EXCEPT the supposed 2 who look the most Townie right now. That means there's scum on one or both of those wagons and with LYLO so damn close now, chances are damn high at least one of them is incorrect and actually a Townie.

I just decided to look into this a different way. At the start of Day 2, everyone checked in at least once before Sana's escape. Here's the votecount (yes, I see the hidden vote now):

Sana Spice (4): HoboverlordPurvis, Omega Wrathie, TranceTheHime, Basement Dweller
TranceTheHime (2): Sana Spice, Slabes
Slabes (2): Kilgajesus, Kuruminut
Violentia (1): GODrake

Not Voting: Violentia, Easy Modo

Addendum 1: Modo voted Valentia first, then Slaves, then unvoted due to the hidden vote thing.
Addendum 2: Nut votes Violentia the post after this votecount. #142
Addendum 3: Sana summons in #143.

So, from a Scum point of view, before #143, they could count on Sana probably being mislynched. Thus, they could either stay on Sana (being lazy), or push an alternative case. Unless Scum explicitly stayed on the Sana wagon, they were pushing someone else for mislynch. If we assume 2 scum left, that means at least 2 of the above have to be mislynches anyways. Let's ignore which one of these they are for the moment. Here is something I am disturbed by. As of the current time, Donut has now voted Trance. In essence, he has voted all 4 of the above people during the day! There is so much wrong with this kind of scumhunting I can't even put it into words. Seriously, I want this damn point to be looked at and his explanation for all the switches.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2010, 03:59:09 AM »
EBWOP: Addendum #1: Mode voted Valentia, then Sana then unvoted.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2010, 04:08:47 AM »
I'm giving Violentia a chance to say something before I place my vote down.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2010, 04:48:45 AM »
I have explained over the course of at least three posts why I think these assumptions are at least IMO are likely to be accurate.  If you don't buy into them, consider that I'm wrong but working with the best information I have instead of SCUM SEKRETLY TRYING TO MISLEAD TOWN TO ITS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

So suddenly we've gone from broad lynch pool statements to ones shrunk down to apply only to you. This doesn't do a whole lot of good.

The theory was that I wanted to stay primarily on Kilga's case so the pressure didn't come out like "I'm pressuring you now but if you give a good answer I can hop onto this next person and you can skate by".  Believe it if you wish.

So the "I'm pressuring you now but if you give a good answer I can hop onto this next person and you can skate by" ended up applying to Pesco instead, since you gave up questioning him after one shot (that had a pretty bad answer) and went over to Kilga. This doesn't do you a whole lot of good either.

Trance, who do you think is scum?

Valentia, who do you think is scum, and why? Don't just say "other people think they're scum". Why do you think they're scum? If you need to parrot, do so. Find the specific points already made and explain why you put the most stock in them.

Drake, where the hell are you?

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2010, 05:33:51 AM »
List of people who are most likely scum.
1)TranceTheHime
2)Kuruminut
3)Violentia
4)GODrake
5)Easy Modo
6)Slabes
7)Omega Wrathie
8)HoboverlordPurvis

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2010, 05:35:11 AM »
I would seriously like a Drake and Viol post, so I can decide on where to cast my vote before the day ends.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2010, 05:42:52 AM »
Did you seriously have to put yourself at #1 just to add WIFOM to this?

Well, at least by your list, you plan to vote Donut unless you self vote. Small comfort if any. Anything specific about Donut that could perhaps drive him into the #1 spot over yourself?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2010, 07:31:10 AM »
It just occurred to me that Donut has now admitted he knows of the item swap mechanic as well. He thus would have known from his Day 1 item that items were losable - and that his secret vote item must have come from someone else. And he still tried to pass off using it now in his defense because scum would want to keep it hidden even though it wasn't hidden the instant he got it and he knew it.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2010, 11:09:09 AM »
No seriously Donut, why are Valentia and/or Trance obvious scum? I will entertain the notion that you could be Townie just pushing this reckless train of newbscum thought, but I want another summarization. You brushed me off last time and I interpreted it as not wanting to say something that would incriminate yourself. Your votes have been too fluid between them through the Day, and it smacks of indifference as to which one is the "more correct lynch" which is how Scum like to roll. But they are 2 different people with 2 potentially different alignments. Differentiate them and explain why one is better than the other for today.
I never actually said Valentia and Trance were obvious scum.  I don't know which of the two is better and with no further decentposting it's hard to tell or really care.  It would be a bit easier if Slaves or Trance would answer the questions I've posed to them but y'know.

And where's your suspicion of virtually every player piling onto either of them EXCEPT the supposed 2 who look the most Townie right now. That means there's scum on one or both of those wagons and with LYLO so damn close now, chances are damn high at least one of them is incorrect and actually a Townie.
Chances are very high that one of the three wagons is on a Townie, yes.  It's also likely that one of the two not-me wagons is also on a Townie.  And if you read my recent post - this is becoming a familiar theme in my responses - I've expressed that Slaves' vote was actually quite dubious and Trance isn't making any sense from any PoV.

But let's take a look at the vote count.
Violentia (2): Easy Modo, GODrake
TranceTheHime (2): Slabes, Kuruminut
Kuruminut (2): Omega Wrathie, HoboverlordPurvis
In spite of what I said in my previous post (oh look! suspicion!) I'm sticking with Mode-town for today at least.
I haven't had time to pay attention to Drake all day; I can do that the next time I get a chance.
Slaves is on my scumlist.
I'm not on my scumlist.
You're not on my scumlist.
Purvis is also not on my scumlist.
The two people not shown here ARE on my scumlist.

Here is something I am disturbed by. As of the current time, Donut has now voted Trance. In essence, he has voted all 4 of the above people during the day! There is so much wrong with this kind of scumhunting I can't even put it into words. Seriously, I want this damn point to be looked at and his explanation for all the switches.
Okay.  Small words time.
I find more than one person scummy.
I vote to pressure them.
When I find someone I want lynched I'll stay there.

Vote-hopping is not scummy.  Repeat.  Vote-hopping is not scummy.

----

So the "I'm pressuring you now but if you give a good answer I can hop onto this next person and you can skate by" ended up applying to Pesco instead, since you gave up questioning him after one shot (that had a pretty bad answer) and went over to Kilga. This doesn't do you a whole lot of good either.
I was looking at Kilga first and wanted to finish up.

It just occurred to me that Donut has now admitted he knows of the item swap mechanic as well. He thus would have known from his Day 1 item that items were losable - and that his secret vote item must have come from someone else. And he still tried to pass off using it now in his defense because scum would want to keep it hidden even though it wasn't hidden the instant he got it and he knew it.
I don't know how the vote swap works.  Scum passing to scum -> awesome.
And I still prevented it from going to scum.

---

Trance just broke his alleged post restriction.  I would like an explanation.

If it weren't for that I would vote Slaves for essentially lining up my lynch after Valentia.

Actually I may still do that. 
##Unvote: Trance
##Vote: Slaves

I'll place a bet on Trance being an emo newbtownie.