Author Topic: The Sound of the City: Final Chapter Is Up!  (Read 28919 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
The Sound of the City: Final Chapter Is Up!
« on: September 20, 2010, 03:16:17 PM »
http://tengukami.blogspot.com/2010/09/sound-of-city-chapter-1.html

Been working on this off and on during the summer. Ruro's the only one who's seen the whole story - she did such an excellent job editing Permission that I asked her to go over this one, too. A new chapter will be posted every couple of days or so.

I do hope you enjoy this. Feel free to discuss, speculate, groan or rage as the mood strikes you. Thanks!

Links to the chapters in this thread:
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Final Chapter
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:52:42 PM by Tsukiko »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: The Sound of the City
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »
This is so cool. :* I find Aya's annoyance at being considered "not very bright" adorable, once her centuries of life are taken into context.

And it looks like she has her DS-edition pointy ears, too. No wonder she has to keep those hidden.

Matsuri

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
I find this really intriguing! I'm jealous that you've already got to read it all, Ruro. :P

Can't wait for more, Ammy.

okay I seriously need to get to work aaaaa

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 05:14:09 PM »
Oh, this intrigues me.  There are so many places it could go....  I wonder where Aya's journalism will take her?

I'll be warmly waiting for the rest.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »
Very intriguing! I'll probably hafta keep track of this one.

Tengukami

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 2 Is Up
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 03:52:27 PM »
I really like this. The feel of the people is fascinating, makes me care about each one.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Tengukami

The Sound of the City: Chapter 2 Is Up
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 12:04:01 AM »
Glad you all are enjoying it so far! Forgot to mention: if you notice there's a red thread running through the names of the characters here, it's not by accident.

Dan-Heron

• Evil Chibi-Dan -doesn't bite-
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 02:16:45 AM »
ah, that was pretty good. I like this look on Aya, pretty refreshing from the usual paparazzi. Great job showing the world through Aya's eyes
so much evil it's poisonously healthy!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Matsuri

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 05:50:20 AM »
Ah, I finally got a chance to read.

I like where this is going! I want to read moooore~ :*

Tengukami

Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 3 Is Up!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »
http://tengukami.blogspot.com/2010/09/sound-of-city-chapter-3.html

A bit shorter than the previous two, namely because the chapter that comes after it is a bit involved. Enjoy!

Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 3 Is Up!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »
Man this makes me care about her.

I feel like shes a relative or something whose just gone out on a job interview or a big test or something.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Tengukami

Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 4 Is Up!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 08:53:50 PM »
http://tengukami.blogspot.com/2010/09/sound-of-city-chapter-4.html

Just in time for the weekend: Aya goes on her first real assignment, which takes an unexpected turn. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:14:02 PM by Tsukiko »

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 05:37:52 AM »
?I'm sorry, you reminded me of someone for a moment. Don't worry, she was one of my best friends.?
*~*suspicions abound*~*

I like Koji, did I mention that? He's so refreshingly free-spirited. Hitomi too.

Tengukami

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 03:42:39 PM »
Koji is based on my best friend from high school - similarly anarchistic and bad with women. I'm surprised you liked him.

Tengukami

Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 5 Is Up!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 03:10:37 PM »
http://tengukami.blogspot.com/2010/09/sound-of-city-chapter-5.html

Aya makes some friends, and discovers the downside of journalism as a job. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:14:24 PM by Tsukiko »

Alfred F. Jones

Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 5 Is Up!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »
Hitomi's choice of asking Aya why she went to Japan instead of "Mongolia, Bhutan, Algeria or Guyana" and not a more conventional "United States, Russia, England, or Australia" (or something along those lines) is telling, I think. I have always liked characters whose thinking is not exactly linear. :3

Tengukami

Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 6 Is Up!
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 01:38:59 PM »
http://tengukami.blogspot.com/2010/09/sound-of-city-chapter-6.html

Aya covers a press conference, and is hit by an unexpected reaction. Fortunately, a co-worker is there to stick up for her.

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 05:10:42 PM »
Ow.

Tengukami

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 09:05:20 PM »
Don't worry. Aya gets better. Physically, anyway.

Dan-Heron

• Evil Chibi-Dan -doesn't bite-
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 05:38:58 AM »
oooh, this is getting interesting. Quite liked everything so far, it has a very refreshing feel from most fiction
so much evil it's poisonously healthy!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 05:43:26 AM »
Bird Flu?  :flamingv:

But yeah.  Interesting to see Aya being forced to do things as work instead of as a hobby.  And interesting to see her reacting to humanity as well.

Tengukami

Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 7 Is Up!
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »
http://tengukami.blogspot.com/2010/09/sound-of-city-chapter-7.html

Aya has a guest over, and she tries special secret soup for the first time.

Bird Flu?  :flamingv:

But yeah.  Interesting to see Aya being forced to do things as work instead of as a hobby.  And interesting to see her reacting to humanity as well.

I admit it, I chuckled heartily on the bus when I read this. And thanks.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 04:16:51 PM »
Aaaaaaah slow down, I haven't set aside enough time to read this through all the way yet ;-; And you just keep on truckin'!

Actually no, don't slow down. I like long stories. Keep goin.

Tengukami

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »
For you, I'll wait for your mark. No rush.

I want to gauge how long I should leave each chapter up, so it's good I get feedback like that.

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 07:26:16 PM »
I really liked this.

Especially how there was a miscommunication that wasn't a big deal, that doesn't often happen in fiction.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 08:15:22 PM »
Well the closer I catch up, the more likely I'll run out of story if something should happen IRL for you that causes a slight hiatus.

That being said, I have nothing but free time lately, so it's really nobodies' fault but my own if I end up reading all the way up to the end of a story while it's still in progress.

THAT being said, next chapter plz :3 I'm catchin' up.

{Edit}
Oops, I caught up
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:46:08 PM by SRSifex »

Paul Debrion

• Highroller
  • Back again for more!
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 02:24:45 AM »
Ok, I'm hooked.

Maybe I shouldn't have read all of these in one sitting.
I'll come up with an evil scheme later. First, it's time to build a giant robot!

You can't have a good evil scheme without a giant robot!

Tengukami

Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 8 Is Up!
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 11:54:05 AM »
http://tengukami.blogspot.com/2010/10/sound-of-city-chapter-8.html

Aya visits one of mankind's crowning achievements, and accepts a mysterious invitation.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
Re: The Sound of the City: Chapter 8 Is Up!
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 04:12:34 PM »
Hm...  Is Aya suffering from Banality?  Figured Yukari would have mentioned that though.

And I somehow see this zoo trip ending oddly.  Which should probably be expected given the participants.