Author Topic: [Music+Art] Awesome Atelier Album Project DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 55680 times)

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
[Music+Art] Awesome Atelier Album Project DISCUSSION THREAD
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »
Greetings, Sercan here.

Me and some others in Alice's Art Atelier had the idea of making a collaboration CD and selling it at Comiket for charity.
Since there are currently only 3 musicians in this project, we need some help.

please note that it's not neccesary to make NEW stuff for this project. You may also submit your older works if you think they are decent enough.

What we need:
Musicians,
CD cover and booklet artists,
People willing to produce the CDs and Sell at a booth,
People to judge the content.

Anyone willing to help, post here, or drop by the IRC at
 #atelier-magna on irc.ppirc.net.
Any ideas on this subject are highly welcome!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:48:24 AM by Lenin White »

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Re: [Music+Art] Awesome Atelier Album Project
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 08:17:27 PM »
This project has my full support. Artists, Musicians, let's get in on this and get our names out in comiket!

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 11:24:03 PM »
You know, I wanna help too. I'm only good at drawing, though, and I know a lot about designing .If I can help with anything, just let me know.
Also, I was thinking... If we are going to make remixes, it would be good to pick  one song from each game we choose and then we'd judge it alltogether.

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »
You know, I wanna help too. I'm only good at drawing, though, and I know a lot about designing .If I can help with anything, just let me know.

Thats awesome Amiga. As far as the artists are concerned, we will need an album cover, and an art booklet. Would be a neat excuse for a contest. The winners piece can be the cover, and if ya lose, your art will still go in the booklet.

Also, I was thinking... If we are going to make remixes, it would be good to pick  one song from each game we choose and then we'd judge it alltogether.

That sounds interesting, but I dont quite understand. Can ya elaborate a bit?

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 12:23:53 AM »
Thats awesome Amiga. As far as the artists are concerned, we will need an album cover, and an art booklet. Would be a neat excuse for a contest. The winners piece can be the cover, and if ya lose, your art will still go in the booklet.

I like that idea. Nice excuse for a contest.

I think it would be best if we didn't have multiple arranges for the same song in this album. One Septette for a Dead Princess, one Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye, etc. Maybe two if we can't choose one. Could be another contest idea.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Marin The Magus

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 02:12:06 AM »
One Septette for a Dead Princess, one Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye

You had to mention the two songs I love, right?

That sounds interesting, but I dont quite understand. Can ya elaborate a bit?

I meant, let's not put the whole EoSD soundtrack with PCB (or anything else, thos two are just examples) remixed together. Let's pick the ones we most like and then we remix them. And after that, as they are the ones that the majority wants, we'd be able to judge them better.
And another thing. We need a theme (source of inspiration, whatever) if we want to make this thing right (Like, I once saw a CD of remixes were the tittles of the song had a baseball theme...-Okay, I don't know how to explain things xD) Well, that's just my opinion...

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 02:31:54 AM »
Seems to me like the "theme" is the work of the Atelier people. I dunno, I don't think a theme is necessary.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Marin The Magus

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 02:33:45 AM »
Seems to me like the "theme" is the work of the Atelier people. I dunno, I don't think a theme is necessary.

Well, I dunno. It is just one of the first things I think when I'm going to do something. it was just an advice (should've clarified that, I know)

Edit: I had the best idea I've had in weeks, and when you hear it, you'll know how pathetic I am xD: There is a thread called "touhou musicians" and, well, almost everyone agreed with the instruments, so, I was thinking if we can get guided by it, or I dunno...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:58:34 AM by Mary The Magician »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 04:10:46 AM »
I wanna help with the art :3
I very much want to :3
Like, seriously :3
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 04:30:23 AM »
I'd be glad to help, but at best, I can remix themes with MIDI-based sounds, and the best MIDI-based sounds I have are the default MIDI-based sounds that Windows Vista comes with. And even then, I'd much rather have sheet music on the piece before I even try at it.

If I had a good recording device, I'd record a piano or acoustic guitar piece. Sadly, the best I have is a camera, which lacks in the audio department, but is beautiful for video.

Unless there's some sort of visual art I could do for the CD, I can't say I can get any high-quality involvement. Sorry. :<

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 08:43:24 AM »
Mostly in the same shoes as Patorikku for the MIDI, and I haven't started remixing long Touhou melodies yet?

? but like I had expressed before, I'd be oh-so-veeeerry glad to participate!! For Music, that is >////////////////////<

Besides the remixes we musicians we'll do individually, I've thought for some time about making one remix we musicians could collab on to? It's a little more involved, but I think it'd be fun, too >w<
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:48:47 AM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
I'd like ta help but have like, no experience with remixing, just composing. :/

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 07:20:27 PM »
i'd like to notify that for those who have no time to make new stuff for this project they can always put their existing songs on it!
and of course, if you got good recording equipment, you can make acoustic arranges too.

Formless God

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »
So all the art we need is cover art ? I'd like to give a try (my coloring is like shit though :/)

Also this

Marin The Magus

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 12:50:13 AM »
So all the art we need is cover art ? I'd like to give a try (my coloring is like shit though :/)

hey, you are not alone :)

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 01:05:32 AM »

Well no, im sure we can fit plenty into the booklet. Maybe turn it into a full blown book. Draw away~

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 02:56:42 AM »
What, we're supposed to have started already? :ohdear:
                                                                                   .

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 02:58:32 AM »
You're supposed to start three weeks ago.

But seriously, you can just start doing whatever. That's what the musicians are doing, anyway.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 03:09:06 AM »
Ffff brb doodling
                                                                                   .

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 04:37:01 PM »
i think we got enough artists by now, but we still need musicians.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 07:45:06 PM »
i think we got enough artists by now, but we still need musicians.

Never enough artists~

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 07:57:55 PM »
Never enough artists~

Well said!  To be honest, I think that anyone who wants in on this should be allowed in.  The only upper limit to artists/musicians should be the amount of people who want to actually take part.  Of course, that's only my view on the subject, but...

'Course, not saying I want in, ahah~  My stuff's not quite good enough to be included, but I'm sure there's plenty more people out there who'd want in.  Probably, anyways. >.>
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 08:30:15 PM »
100% contributing to this as a chiptune musician.
spellcheck lol

Marin The Magus

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 08:33:17 PM »
You're supposed to start three weeks ago.

But seriously, you can just start doing whatever. That's what the musicians are doing, anyway.

Kanako dammit! All i've done is to sketch my ideas. Well, all I need to do is draw...then ink...then paint...This is going to take me a while xD (Anyway, I draw in 15 minutes or less, I ink fast enough, the only thing that takes my whole time is the painting -.-)

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »
100% contributing to this as a chiptune musician.

Kommi! I was totally hopin to work with ya amigo. I thought your stuff would sound awesome with an electric guitar laid on top XD

Kanako dammit! All i've done is to sketch my ideas. Well, all I need to do is draw...then ink...then paint...This is going to take me a while xD (Anyway, I draw in 15 minutes or less, I ink fast enough, the only thing that takes my whole time is the painting -.-)

Take it easy~  We dont have anything really prepared yet on the music side either, as far as new content goes. So ya got plenty of time =p

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 09:05:56 PM »
metal chiptunes needs more love. where do we start  :3
spellcheck lol

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 09:14:45 PM »
Now~ I'll PM ya

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 10:07:42 PM »
I was thinking something

I think it's important

What's gonna be our album's name? :3c

Also ideas ideas gimmie ideas D:
                                                                                   .

Marin The Magus

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 10:30:07 PM »
I was thinking something

I think it's important

What's gonna be our album's name? :3c

Also ideas ideas gimmie ideas D:

Yeah, like, we are gonna need that for the cover xD

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 11:06:43 PM »
Haha... (my face when we forgot to title the album)  :X

Well, again since its a compilation of efforts from the board, lets just vote on it. Start firin off suggestions.