Author Topic: Gensokyo Worker's Facepalm Mafia - Topic 2, Game Over, Man, Game Over  (Read 72616 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Old thread can be found here.

---

The call spread far and wide, and, across Gensokyo, one shadowy figure after another gathered at a mysterious undisclosed location deep within the Forest of Magic, sharing the same sentiment.

Now was the time to act. Now was the time to cease the oppression. Now was the time to rise up as one.

...Even if the mistress did not allow it.

Some were cold. Some were angry. Some were scared. One or two were even prepared to wet themselves. But all held one common goal.

To stand up for themselves. To cease being pushed around 24/7. To get some goddamn vacation time.

To unionize.

---

Game rules can be found here. PMs will be sent out momentarily. Please post in this thread confirming that you have received your role PM. I will announce when I have sent all of the PMs out. I will begin the game when I see everyone has confirmed their role.

(I feel fantastic and I'm) Still Alive:

4. u? - Reisen Udongein Inaba
7. wrathie - Sakuya Izayoi
11. Affinity - Utsuho Reiuzi
12. Alice Margatroid - Komachi Onozuka

They're Dead, Jim

13. SodiumPeroxide - Sanae Kotiya (Town Kevorkian Doc, Fainted Day 1)
9. pesco47 - Tewi Inaba/Remilia Scarlet (Mafia Framer, "Beheaded" Day 2)
8. Kiro - Momizi Inubashiri (Vanilla Townie, Dragged Off Night 2)
6. Nietz - Eirin Yagokoro/Kaguya Houraisan (Mafia Goon, Outsmarted Day 3)
2. Serpentarius - Ran Yakumo (Town Bug Cop, Sukima'd Away Night 3)
5. Zakeri - Hong Meiling (Vanilla Townie, Finally Remembered Day 4)
10. Roukanken - Youmu Konpaku (Town Scout, Hugged Half To Death Night 4)
3. UncertainKitten - Rin Kaenbyou (Vanilla Townie, Vanished Day 5)
1. Edible - Iku Nagae (Vanilla Townie, Draggin' Her Heels Night 5)

Convenient Link Depository

End of Day 1
End of Day 2
End of Day 3
End of Day 4
End of Day 5
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:58:16 AM by Edible »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Day 2
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:46:03 AM »
Ganking this post to repost the rules.

WTC GWU Mafia Rules

1. Day 1 will last 48 hours. All non-LYLO Days after 1 will last 72 hours. All LYLO days will last 168 hours (7 days for the lazy). All Night intervals will last 24 hours from a mod's End of Day post. All night actions sent into a mod after this 24 hour interval is over will not count.
1a. Do not try to time meta the mod by guessing who might have sent in a night action based on when a mod updates the thread. I reserve the right to mod kill for this.
2. The lack of mod presence in a thread at the time a day runs out does NOT mean the day is extended. Any votes and unvotes made after a day's time has run out will not count. I will use time stamps for this, which are accurate to the second.
3. If Town has not reached a majority by the end of a non-LYLO day, No Lynch will be had. If Town has not reached a majority by the end of a LYLO day, the person with the most votes will be lynched. This is to prevent four-way-LYLO No Lynch douchebaggery.
4. Scum must kill at night. If the night interval ends without the scum team sending in a kill, I will kill someone at random chosen from the entire pool of living players, including any and all living scum. Any other faction or role with a night kill may elect to forgo their night kill on any given night. This will happen by default if they fail to send in a kill before the night period runs out.
5. Upon a player's death, their card flip will contain their alignment and role. Any roles that are my original creation will have descriptions included upon their flip. This description will not reveal more than what the player knew about their role. Standard roles that can be found on the MS Wiki will not have descriptions attached.
6. Players will not be given any hints as to what roles may or may not exist in this setup beyond what they see in card flips. (The lone exceptions to this are made in Rules 12 and 13.)
7. Dead players are permitted one (1) postmortem post that does not reveal any information not contained in their flip. This includes opinions or directions to town, such as "Watch out for Kilga, guys!".
8. No one is to discuss the game in the thread during the night. You may play forum games or react positively or negatively to a card flip, but you are not allowed to publicly analyze other players. No player may talk to another living player in private unless explicitly stated in their PM.
9. Roles were distributed to characters at random. Do not try to metaguess someone's role based on their character. You will simply waste your time.
10. Any player that has not posted for 24 hours will be send a prodding PM. If the player does not post in the thread or request a replacement within 24 hours after said prodding PM is sent, they will be mod-killed. The day will proceed as normal, with the player's vote and any votes for the player removed from the vote chart entirely.
11. Any mod kills I dole out to a townie will carry an additional penalty of the day ending immediately. A mod kill of a factioned non-town player will carry the additional penalty of having the day's elapsed time reset to 0. Any mod kill given to a loner non-town player will carry no additional penalty. Do not piss me off - you and your team will regret it.

12. There does not exist any role in this game whose win condition is directly assisted by the death of the player with the role (such as a Jester). Players may choose to sacrifice themselves for the good of their team depending on the situation, but no role is inherently enhanced via death. There are also no roles with stupidly obscure win conditions (such as a Politician).
13. All deaths in this game are final. Dead players may talk amongst themselves without fear of reprisal. Living scum may also gloat at dead townies if they so wish. (If this happens, I ask the dead party to refrain from providing any of their own opinions/secrets to the living party.)
14. Any and all players that are allowed to speak to other players privately may do so at any time. This includes during the day.

-----

Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Vote Count:

Edible (1): wrathie, Affinity
pesco47 (4): Youmu, Youmu, Alice Margatroid, Roukanken, Edible
Roukanken (0): nintendonut888
Alice Margatroid (0): Roukanken
wrathie (1): pesco47
nintendonut888 (5): Edible, Affinity, Youmu, Roukanken, Kanako Yasaka, Kiro, Nietz, UncertainKitten
Youmu (0): Roukanken

Not voting: nintendonut888

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. You have >22 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:22:59 AM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:49:49 AM »
As I was saying before this forum change so RUDELY interrupted me, I suck, lol. Too much reading, lol. Especially since it's now far in the past...lol.

And holy crap this text box is bright.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 05:53:19 AM »
For easy reference, I figure I'm going to leave the old game thread in my sig for awhile so I don't always have to come back to Page 1 of this thread to reread.

So the Union won better working conditions, but Management forgot to forward the "We're Moving" memo to us eh? :P

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 07:04:09 AM »
RAEG @ trying to sign up via phone.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:07:35 AM »
Quote from: Kiro
Edible: You not wanting to leave Donut at L-1 overnight seems to indicate you are not wholly convinced he's Scum.

I was not aware I was required to be wholly convinced someone was scum to vote them, or wholly convinced someone was town to unvote them.

Quote from: Nietz
Are you forgetting Donut gave up last game soon after he found out he would be scum because he didn't want to take the pressure?
Quote from: Kiro
So why is Donut's Vanilla claim so special?

Providing a detailed answer here would probably prove insulting to donut.  I will therefore say that it's my personal belief, based off donut's overall personality, that his actions this game make sense for someone with no power role.  Thus, vanilla townie makes some sense. (This would probably also apply to mafia goon to a lesser extent, I suppose.)

Elaboration: I'm still okay with a donut lynch, especially if he doesn't come up with something worthwhile.  Until then, my vote has better things to do than waste time on him.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:25:10 AM »
Answering to Alice's 2 questions from the end of the last topic.
1) The initial pass was due to knowing your RL circumstances and that was null in determining you town. Your lurking at that time was insufficient to call scum and vote. The switch in my voting came after Edible's explanation post. It sounded reasonable enough to me then and that a SP lynch looked unlikely, I made my switch.

2) I didn't buy your doc claim. There was no doc in Kilga's last game (which I co-modded) and in my mod-fishing, I deemed it unlikely for there to be a doc at all in the game.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 09:07:16 AM »
Well, this makes my planned catchup a lot more complicated. :/

I'll try to produce something, but I only have half an hour to read/comment right now (and that's assuming no-one walks in and sees that I'm posting on a forum at school).

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 09:32:14 AM »
Well, I agree with Kiro that considering how you said my overlooking of pesco was scummy and how you questioned u?, it was strange that you voted him rather than me, since your main point on him seemed to be his stance on me. Not that'd like being voted, but that seemed like your reasoning changed midway.
In all honesty, I was tired after 2 hours of re-reading/analysis. I had reasons to suspect him and you and basically couldn't think enough to decide who was scummier, so I ended up tossing a coin to decide.
Likewise, I probably overstated the UK point by labelling her as likely scum immediately based on one point.

1) The initial pass was due to knowing your RL circumstances and that was null in determining you town. Your lurking at that time was insufficient to call scum and vote. The switch in my voting came after Edible's explanation post. It sounded reasonable enough to me then and that a SP lynch looked unlikely, I made my switch.
Except that Edible said nothing inbetween this post and your vote-switch. There was no sign your opinion had changed until suddenly you're saying 'hey, I'll vote for Alice if I have to'.

2) I didn't buy your doc claim. There was no doc in Kilga's last game (which I co-modded) and in my mod-fishing, I deemed it unlikely for there to be a doc at all in the game.
>_>
Why the hell are you trying to outguess the mod?

I'll also note that Pesco never bothered to put out that list of original content I asked for. His main defense against the accusations that've been put out against him seems to be simple ignorance.

Would like to hear from Wrathie, Affinity, and obviously Donut. Kanako is...yeah. :/

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 09:52:23 AM »
You asked for where people acknowledged my content, I gave the links that were broken then fixed them. Affinity noted the callout to KY for not asking questions and UK noted my determination of Wrathie having ulterior motives for not voting.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 11:05:09 AM »
hi!! I got my ava and sig back~~
yay! and this new forums is bad for the eyes man.

@pesco: I agree with the guys here, especially about the parts about not posting  useful stuff and such.
But you're pesco, gambit player so I gave you a pass on that.

Wrathie had my vote for his strange posting and ducking off without a vote down. He's still not communicating to us and there's no way I can believe in his sincerity like this. When I commented on Wrathie reacting strongly, it was about this post. If he was throwing a fit like that at L-1 or 2, fine. But he was only on 2 votes (L-5) at the time.

as many people has pointed out, i was out of character that day.. it was Real Life rearing it's head on me.

I can't find anything else asides from what you guys posted... but as he is still playing on setup subconsciously.. what with raising Lynchee and etc every other post when he is actually posting content, pesco is skirting around with the borders of speech.
I dislike it lots, ready for a pesco lynch.

You asked for where people acknowledged my content, I gave the links that were broken then fixed them. Affinity noted the callout to KY for not asking questions and UK noted my determination of Wrathie having ulterior motives for not voting.

i can't see the links now.. but no reason for me not to vote you thou.

I saw something about why was I able to post if my keyboard was busted.

Simple.
 my ###### key was busted and i fixed it the next day.
Happy? Real life stuff so I can't give any proof ^^

Answering to Alice's 2 questions from the end of the last topic.

So my real life's not even valid there? but the rest of it checks out... a Lynch IS better than No lynch at Day 1.

At least till i re-read Rou, was there no post between yours and Edible's?...
smell a scum. ^^

This is just stating past experience, i call it a gut vote then anything else.... which point comes first however?

##unvote
##vote pesco

My stand on this is that he's not posting as much as he can, and as it can only be on my pov, he's gunning me for a case that i know is weak and cannot be proved easily.

@Edible: ur post has more content now.. seems okay to me and straightforward... so nothing much to add on.

But Kiro brought up a good point on why did you unvote when it was after his claim, which i nearly skirted over due to his sob-party of sorts.

But your reply:

I was not aware I was required to be wholly convinced someone was scum to vote them, or wholly convinced someone was town to unvote them.

Providing a detailed answer here would probably prove insulting to donut.  I will therefore say that it's my personal belief, based off donut's overall personality, that his actions this game make sense for someone with no power role.  Thus, vanilla townie makes some sense. (This would probably also apply to mafia goon to a lesser extent, I suppose.)

Elaboration: I'm still okay with a donut lynch, especially if he doesn't come up with something worthwhile.  Until then, my vote has better things to do than waste time on him.

seems okay to me.
A few questions thou. it's loosely based on meta, again... but it probably is a null tell on that since you are willing to vote on donut if it comes to it.
Was thinking i should point that out.

@Kiro: Pro-town as usual. If you end up scum, I'd have to blame myself again...

@rou: i gotta ask something before i do another analysis..

Is it Edible's Link or pesco's link that is broken. in my knowledge Edible's was broken but was pesco's??

Confused.

but you check out okay ^^

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
Oh wow... this is going to take some getting used to.

This is mostly a "hi I'm here" post.  My stance on pesco has not changed.  I'd like to look into wrathie and Edible (finally) when I get time; for now I need to catch up on homework.  Sorry...

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 12:22:15 PM »
just a quick thought that I had.

From the two quotes in my previous post... Isn't Edible and pesco both clearing someone and scum hunting based on game set up?

and umu, i would appreciate that too ^^

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 12:26:20 PM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Vote Count:

Edible (0): wrathie, Affinity
pesco47 (5): Youmu, Youmu, Alice Margatroid, Roukanken, Edible, wrathie
Roukanken (0): nintendonut888
Alice Margatroid (0): Roukanken
wrathie (1): pesco47
nintendonut888 (5): Edible, Affinity, Youmu, Roukanken, Kanako Yasaka, Kiro, Nietz, UncertainKitten
Youmu (0): Roukanken

Not voting: nintendonut888

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. You have ~15.5hours remaining.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 12:55:00 PM »
wrathie's last post is very horrible, and jacks up my suspicion of him tenfold.  Firstly, he threw away his entire case on Edible with a snap of a finger when one post ago, he was all accusationary towards Edible and unreasonably so, and all of a sudden he just gives it up based on 'more content' which isn't sufficiently elaborated upon.  I don't view this in a very warm light.  Also, there is a fair number of selective quoting, especially the bewildering taking of Kiro's question and Edible's reply and deeming it to be 'okay to him' without any other reasons seems to be useless and trying to 'seem' like scumhunting. 

---

I don't really like the case against him; none of the points against donut are particularly hard to see and Rou's accusation of him is actually a null tell due to the fact that it's all a matter of sequence regarding 'original points'.  The lynchee-lyncher argument is no better nor worse than Rou's blind accusation of Alice in day two, and should not be factored against him.    pesco's reactions however, strike me as very egocentric; all instances of which are already pointed out above.  Also, the fact that he has been defending himself all day without attempting to continue his case on wrathie or even evluate his posts more than balances out the shortcomings of the case against him.

Would like a claim.

##Unvote
##Vote: pesco47

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 12:59:27 PM »
wrathie's last post is very horrible, and jacks up my suspicion of him tenfold.  Firstly, he threw away his entire case on Edible with a snap of a finger when one post ago, he was all accusationary towards Edible and unreasonably so, and all of a sudden he just gives it up based on 'more content' which isn't sufficiently elaborated upon.  I don't view this in a very warm light.  Also, there is a fair number of selective quoting, especially the bewildering taking of Kiro's question and Edible's reply and deeming it to be 'okay to him' without any other reasons seems to be useless and trying to 'seem' like scumhunting. 

---

I don't really like the case against him; none of the points against donut are particularly hard to see and Rou's accusation of him is actually a null tell due to the fact that it's all a matter of sequence regarding 'original points'.  The lynchee-lyncher argument is no better nor worse than Rou's blind accusation of Alice in day two, and should not be factored against him.    pesco's reactions however, strike me as very egocentric; all instances of which are already pointed out above.  Also, the fact that he has been defending himself all day without attempting to continue his case on wrathie or even evluate his posts more than balances out the shortcomings of the case against him.

Would like a claim.

##Unvote
##Vote: pesco47

@Affinity: I say Edible checked out okay on his post, not that he is not scum still.
Just that like he said, I dislike pesco more right now.

My accusations are based on him not replying me, focused solely on a few persons and selective meta.

as with my second post, i question pesco and Edible both using their knowledge on the mod, which i think is super silly, in clearing someone is still calls for concern.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »
pesco47 is at L-1.

If there's a hammer within the next few hours, I may not update right away, as I have an interview this morning.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 01:01:19 PM »
Would like to be able to send a PM to Kilga before I do anything.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 01:20:28 PM »
Sakuya! I command you to withdraw your knives from your mistress right now! Your insolence will be punished.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »
b-but... u're not remilia....

-sobs-

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 01:22:09 PM »
If you need to contact me and PMs aren't working, do so on IRC.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »
b-but... u're not remilia....

-sobs-

I just claimed as per the L-1 request and issued you an order.

Can't do IRC via phone.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 01:39:30 PM »
You're... Tewi!! You.. L-Liar... -runs away-

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 01:44:04 PM »
Tewi is the lie. Remilia is your mistress. You have no say in this, so point your knives elsewhere.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »
At the expense of sounding somewhat slow on the uptake, I'm going to have to ask the obvious question.

You're claiming Remilia Scarlet?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »
So what of it?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 01:59:25 PM »
b-but... that is a lie.. but i can't... Nooooooooo..

-wails-

umu... i getting into the character soon if Kilga won't stop this madness!!!

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 02:03:15 PM »
So what of it?
Sort of anticlimactic, but whatever.

Okay, people.  pesco claimed scum.  Get on with it.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 02:03:35 PM »
Posting in italics was playing around. Normal font is serious.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 02:04:18 PM »
Doubleposting to say that these new quote boxes are grotesque.

Normal font is serious.
Tewi is the lie. Remilia is your mistress.
k