Author Topic: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 67917 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Game Over!
« Reply #510 on: August 31, 2010, 06:46:20 AM »
Oh yeah, a couple of fun mysteries for the night owl players to mull over.

- Neither John McClane's roleblocker nor Evangeline's killer were alive on Day 6! Have fun thinking that one out.
- Some players were obvious, others were not. I will say that I can practically guarantee no one guessed Miyako Miyamura, either to themselves or to me, and that only McClane would have been able to guess Razeluxe (which he did immediately).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:49:02 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #511 on: August 31, 2010, 08:00:40 AM »
scum quicktopic Six pages of Serela talking to himself

I probably could have saved myself from a lot of trouble and one of the accusations against me by choosing a character whose posts I'd be able to thoroughly proofread without bashing my head into a wall. Or just by not being a lazy idiot and trying harder. Hopefully learning from this. Though had I survived to D2 I wouldn't have been around anyway, so... :x

That said I actually really enjoyed seeing everybody's write-ins even if I didn't recognize like half of them. Anonymafia with write-ins is interesting and I like it.

Polly, did you ever realize I lied to you? (You totally deserved that response either way for being nosey, but I'm curious.)

« Reply #512 on: August 31, 2010, 08:05:20 AM »
That said I actually really enjoyed seeing everybody's write-ins even if I didn't recognize like half of them. Anonymafia with write-ins is interesting and I like it.

Speaking of, whoever were John McClane and Roddy MacStew, I think I love you both. (Also I love UK but I think she knew that already. =P)

« Reply #513 on: August 31, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »
Hoo boy. Thank you EVERY one for making my first mafia game very enjoyable. I did slightly better than I thought, and never gave into the urge to claim new player status. I felt out matched almost the entire game, and learned a lot. Thank you.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #514 on: August 31, 2010, 08:30:30 AM »
Who the hell are all you people ??? The only names I could guess are the ones that derp-posted and the really obvious ones.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #515 on: August 31, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »
Sailor Moon, Scum German Suplex, was lynched by majority!
FUCK YES TOWN WI-

Shannon, Third Party Moriyavatar, has won the game!
...;_;

Aye, Roddy MacStew here. Of course, that's just a facade, because I'm really Sunny Milk in an ingenious disguise. (Read - got permission from Wacko to put up a vote count given the Fairy Wars release, can't look at my earlier posts the same way now because Sunny pretending to be an angry Scottish man is too entertaining.)

Didn't honestly expect to be the N1 death, but considering my role was a one-shot global roleblock I figured it was better to get hit early than be made to explain why a Townie had a role like that later on. It worked, I guess, so I say that I scored a 100% scumhunting record in this game. (Ignore the fact that I was probably going to follow Steven D2 because JESUS Zakeri is good at acting like scum.)

First two scum were eh and deserved the quick lynchings they got. Sailor Serela for definite scum MVP, because there were plenty of people I'd have lynched ahead of her (Evangeline/Miyako/Razeluxe). Shannon, ironically, probably won thanks to RL circumstances - she was on the verge of being the D2 lynch until her hospital admission saved her, and by then she just narrowly avoided the lynch more or less every day. Besides that I admittedly stopped reading intently around Day 4 when it became clear there were no resurrection powers.

Also, Town being dead lost on Lylo was painful. :<

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #516 on: August 31, 2010, 10:44:25 AM »
Darn, I never got to hammer in LyLo and post my... whatever it's called.

I am Sailor Germany, champion of nazis, princess of the communist kingdom, and your worst nightmare! On behalf of Mother Russia, I will kill all heretics and triumph over jewish scum; and you people are the worst kind of heretics! Lead blindly by the whims of goddesses!

In the name of mein fuhrer, I shall send you all to a concentration camp!

w/e

have to go to school RIGHT NOW so can't say more

except that I had no second kill and I nk'd Stone Mason D6 ;P

I really did know Evangeline was Nobu though. Only time I got to use that power, aww.

EDIT:Missed my bus. lul. That thing I typed up was made by copy-pasying Sailor Moon heroine monologue and editing it into THE GLORY OF SOVIET RUSSIA by the way, so it's HALF-WAY AUTHENTIC :V

Ignore the fact that I was probably going to follow Steven D2 because JESUS Zakeri is good at acting like scum
That was Polaris, actually :3c

So, since Evangeline's killer wasn't alive on D6, either it was a delay kill for some reason or Stone Mason had a deathvig sorta like I claimed :V I guess?

Also, this is the first time I've been killed by any way other then "The game ended bb" ;_;
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:31:01 AM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #517 on: August 31, 2010, 12:31:07 PM »
I signed up for this game deliberately so that I could throw you guys off.  Ohohoho.  Other than that, I found that I had a little time on my hands due to the nature of my job, so i decided to join in the fun.  It was lucky I got killed on N3 though, because soon after that it would have been rather tough for me to keep up.  Also rather thankful for the nightalk; without it, timings would have been somewhat tough for me (and I decided that it would only be WIFOM to scum anyway if they were to take advantage

As for the game, the lack of meta was quite refreshing, I suppose.  Didn't really play my best, but I suppose I nabbed Shannon and Sailor, which was alright (though I completely missed Sandor)  I also thought Roddy was Carthrat or something like that; and that Evangeline was Roukanken (which only goes to show how much the latter has improved, I think),   Lots of new faces I don't recognize too.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #518 on: August 31, 2010, 12:44:39 PM »
Well, now that Miyako has outed herself, I suppose the time has come for this.

And now, the moment everyone's been waiting for, role and player reveals!

First, Team Town.

Stuff Man, played by Pesco:

Role - Pete Seeger
Role Description - For every hammer you drop on a lynch train, you get an extra Anonymous vote to be used however you like. This vote charge will disappear after it is used. You may not use Anonymous votes during LYLO.

Shoe, played by UncertainKitten:

Role - Machi Man
Role Description - After death, you may choose (at night) to come back for one more day, equipped with a vote (and thus counting toward the vote count). You may only post votes and unvotes, however, and you may not do multiple votes and unvotes in a single post. In addition, you must wait for at least three other posts before you may post again. (They do not need to be from three different players.) You may not make your return after a LYLO mislynch.

Satoshi Houjou, (not) played by Demonbman:

Role - Rebound Striker
Role Description - If you are targeted with a night kill, the attack will bounce off of you and hit another random player instead.

Evangeline A.K. McDowell, played by Nobu:

Role - Metaknight
Role Description - Each night, you may target one other player and learn who the person is behind the anonymous mask.

Stone Mason, played by Mr. Bob:

Role - Psych Whore
Role Description - For every day where every other living player in the game says your name, you gain one Night Kill shot. Players quoting you count, as do players that use RP nicknames for you. You may collect as many shots as you wish, but you may only use one per night.
RESTRICTION - If you suggest the nature of your power's activation in any way to the rest of the game, you power will be removed and you will receive a mod vote for the day. If you are unsure about something, let me see it first and I will tell you.

Miyako Miyamura, played by Affinity (!):

Role - Streetlife Serenader
Role Description - You are allowed to discuss the game at night. It is not particularly recommended you do this Night 0, but if you really want to, you may.
Posting Restriction - Once per day, you must intelligibly incorporate song lyrics into one of your posts. Failure to do so will result in a mod vote the following day. (Be sure to link me when you do it, just to be safe.)

Saki Marimi, played by Bardiche:

Role - Universal Backup
Role Description - As a Universal Backup, you...are actually not sure what you can do! But you're pretty sure you'll be ready when you're needed. Hang in there!

Role notes: The Universal Backup starts the game as vanilla and gains an exact copy of the powers of the Day 1 lynchee. This ended up being the best (luckiest?) role town had, as you'll see later.

Roddy MacStew, played by Roukanken:

Role - Chess Game
Role Description - Once per game, you may activate a Mass Roleblock at night. This will stop all active abilities except the scum NK.

Steven Stone, played by Polaris:

Role - Oh Shi- Moment
Role Description - If you are the fourth vote on a lynch train, you gain the lynchee's power. You will retain this until the next time you are the fourth vote on a lynch train, at which point you will gain a new power.

John McClane, played by Excal:

Role - Sansei
Role Description - You are a chargeable Doctor with 0 shots. For every three end-of-day votes you accrue (cumulative across the game), you gain an additional shot. You may not use more than one shot per night.

Role notes: Yes, the protective power this game was given to a massive trap/asshole role. I'm actually glad Excal drew it because I figured he'd have the best shot of making something of it. A shame his game went the way it did, but sometimes that just happens.

And Razeluxe Meitzen, played by Magetastic:

Role: Wonder Twin
Role Description: You are wielding a Wand of Wonder! Once a night, you may target another player with it. What will it do? Will it do something good or bad? Will it do anything at all? Who knows? Certainly not you! That's the fun of a Wand of Wonder!

Role notes: The wand had 16 possible outcomes (which were slightly altered at the last minute out of kindness because both Sane and Insane Cop were in there): Sane Cop, Role Cop, Doctor, Tracker, Watcher, Vigilante Kill, Jailer, Roleblocker, Doublevote Granter, Mod Vote Granter, Mobile Vote Object, Voteless, Framer, Constrictor (player may post no more than 100 consecutive words), Silencer, and Nothing. All possibilities were weighted equally. I left myself leeway in my mod notes to weight Nothing higher if I wanted to, but I never actually did. I actually rolled for this role twice on N0, as the first roll would have vig'd Satoshi, which, while amusing from a flavor standpoint, would have been lame because Night 0 kills are lame in general. Then things worked out that way anyway, so. This role really ended up repeatedly kicking Mage in the teeth, as you'll see later.

Now, Team Scum.

Gamzee Makara, played by huh what:

Role - Swiss Army Knife
Role Description - You have one shot each of rolecop, roleblocker, tracker and watcher. Once you have used all four of these shots, they will all refill. You may not use a shot if you are going on the NK.

Mod Notes: Universal Backup grabbing this role was the worst possible D1 outcome for scum team, because it gave town a useful investigative role it lacked otherwise.

Sandor Clegane, played by Serpentarius:

Role - Crazy Taxi
Role Description - You have both the powers of a Bus Driver and a Hijacker at your disposal! Each night, you may either choose two players and have all night actions targeting those two players switched to the other player, or you may choose one player and redirect their night action to another target of your choice.
In addition, you are allowed to speak about the game at night. It is not particularly recommended you do this Night 0, but it's up to you.
Restriction: Every post you make must have at least one sentence IN ALL CAPS THAT ENDS IN AN EXCLAMATION POINT! This includes both day and night posts, and it includes EBWOPs, so be careful. If you fail to do this, you will be given a mod vote for the rest of the day (or for the entire upcoming day, if the restriction is broken at night).

And Sailor Moon, played by NeoSerela:

Role - German Suplex
Role Description - Each night, you may target one other player and learn the real person behind the anonymous mask. You may not use this ability if you are going on the kill.
In addition, you have single shots of both Hitman and Janitor. A Hitman shot will pierce protective guards. A Janitor shot will obscure the dead player's alignment and role name to town, but scum will still learn it.

Role notes: A second player cop, designed to give the player a fakeclaim more than anything else, as I figured scum team would want to hide the presence of a redirectional role unless they had good reason to use it.

And finally, the stars of the show: Shannon, played by Kitten4u, and Kanon, played by bofh:

Alignment - Third Party
Role - Moriyavatar
Role Description - This needs its own bulleted list.

* You are allowed to speak about the game at night.
* You are Bulletproof, though you don't know how long it will last.
* You are Night Action Immune outside of NK attempts. Abilities that target you will fizzle.
* You are a constant Self-Watcher. You will see anyone that targets you during the night.
* You have a single Night Vig shot. You may use it in any night interval you like, but you will lose both BP and Night Action Immunity for the night if you do.
* You have a one-shot Anonymous vote. You may deploy it anywhere you choose at any time you choose, though it is disabled for LYLO. Once used, it cannot be reused (i.e. you don't get one every day).
* You have a posting restriction: At least half of your posts each day (rounded up) must revere me in some capacity. This will be calculated at the end of each day, so you may fall behind and catch up and still save yourself. If you fail to meet this, you will get a mod vote the next day.
* You win when no more than one player other than you is still alive.

Role notes: The BP was one-shot and got used up on N2.

This role was my pride and joy of this game. I only entertained the idea of using a wacky third party role due to Role Madness (Bastard Mod), but I knew that, in order to make an enjoyable lone gunman, I needed to create a role that could both survive to endgame without getting offed by dumb luck and could get caught and lynched by means other than dumb luck. The result is what you see above. It has the firepower to go deep in the game, and it has drawbacks that can get it caught despite not being tied to scum, such as night kills stopping after a certain number of scum lynches or having a night action performed on them while they're busy NKing someone else (or Town simply derping the game up and losing on parity).

Ranmilia raised several eyebrows at this role and Cirno asked me if I had it in mind for someone I hated, but given how far it got without too many lucky/unlucky environmental factors surrounding it, I would like to think it did its job.

The more observant among you will notice that three separate roles has night-talk abilities and role restrictions with similar penalties - and all three were different alignments. That was very intentional, and I was very disappointed in Sandor and Shannon for never using that aspect of their role. (Not that they could have safely after Night 1 anyway, when Miyako was the only one to speak up.)

Ah, but there is one more role PM to display! Say thanks to my (somewhat flaky) co-mod, Cirno, played by Kefit:

Alignment: Mod
Role: Stupid Ice Fairy
Role Description: You are a stupid ice fairy. There is little more to be said. You win if you entertain me enough throughout the game that I do not feed you to an amphibian in the end-of-game flavor.

Sadly, Cirno lost as well.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #519 on: August 31, 2010, 12:52:54 PM »
Steven Stone, played by Polaris
GDIT

I had you down as Obv!Zak.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #520 on: August 31, 2010, 12:55:27 PM »
This game was amazing, by the way.

Role Madness is so fucking fun.

...I think I might powerup my set up a little more in that department again. After the 4 MASSIVE NERF SESSIONS, it's starting to look boring in comparison to this :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #521 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »
Night actions! The formatting on these is inconsistent, but whatever.

Night 0

K4U/Shannon/Moriyavatar: Watch self (Result: Nothing)

Nobu/Evangeline/Metaknight: Check Stuff Man (Result: Pesco)
Mage/Razeluxe/Wonder Twin: Target Satoshi (Wand of Wonder effect: Watcher) (Result: Nothing)

NeoSerela/SMoon/German Suplex: Check Evangeline (Result: Nobu)
huh what/Gamzee/SAK: Rolecop Stuff Man (Result: Pete Seeger)
Serp/Sandor/Crazy Taxi: Swap Gamzee and Shoe (Result: Nothing happens)

Night 1

Shannon: Watch Self (Result: Nothing)

Sandor Clegane: Bus Drive Sandor Clegane and Steven Stone
Sailor Moon: NK Roddy MacStew

Evangeline's Metaknight Reveal: Steven Stone -> Bus Driven! -> Sandor Clegane (Result: Serpentarius)
Razeluxe Meitzen's Wand of Wonder: Mobile Vote Object -> Miyako Miyamura (Success)
Saki Marimi's Universal SAK: Track Evangeline (Result: Targeted Steven Stone)

Night 2

Shannon: Watch Self (Result: Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Miyako Miyamura, Stone Mason) (Attacked!)

Sandor Clegane: Bus drive Saki and Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon: Hitman Kill Shoe (Success)

Evangeline's Metaknight Reveal: Shannon (Result: Fizzle!)
Razeluxe Meitzen's Wand of Wonder: Mod Vote Granter -> Sailor Moon - > Bus driven! -> Saki (Success)
Saki Marimi's Universal SAK: Rolecop Sandor (Result: Crazy Taxi)
Miyako Miyamura's Silver Medal: Pass to Shannon (Result: Fizzle!)
Stone Mason: Vig kill Shannon (Result: BP Block)

Night 3

Shannon: Watch self (Result: Razeluxe Meitzen, Evangeline A.K. McDowell)

Sailor Moon: Kill Miyako (Success!)

Saki Marimi: Roleblock John McClane (Success!)
Razeluxe Meitzen: Target Shannon (Wand of Wonder: Nothing) (Result: Fizzle!)
Shoe: Do not revive
Evangeline A.K. McDowell: Unmask Shannon (Result: Fizzle!)
Miyako Miyamura: Pass Medal to Evangeline (Success!)

Watching everyone try to puzzle out McClane's roleblocker through the rest of the game was pretty amusing, and in the end, it was town's lead hunter.

Night 4

Shannon: Watch self (Result: Nothing)

Sailor Moon: Kill Saki Marimi

Shoe: Reanimate
Evangeline: Investigate Stone Mason (Result: Mr. Bob), Pass medal to Stuff Man
Saki: Watch self (Result: Sailor Moon) (Killed!)
Razeluxe: Cast at Stone Mason (Result: Jailer -> Success)

Night 5

Shannon: Watch Self (Nothing), Kill Stone Mason (Success!)

Sailor Moon: Kill Stone Mason (Success!), Medalize Evangeline (Success!)

Razeluxe: Target Evangeline (Action: Sane Cop -> Result: Town)
Mason:
Kill Evangeline A.K. McDowell (Success!) (Killed!)
Evangeline: Unmask Razeluxe Meitzen (Result: Magetastic) (Killed!)

---

Since it happened twice in-game, I did it to Kefit and it's not completely unknown anyway, I will complete the Anonymafia tradition by demasking myself, with my own mod thoughts QT. There is admittedly a lot of Shkannon love going on in that topic, but I assure everyone that this did not get in the way of maintaining a fair and balanced game: I rode their asses all game to post with modkill threats, just as I would have anyone else that was that lurky, and bofh ran several things by me in LYLO that referenced me and I did not let him post them. They were given no help beyond the info they asked for, which went the same for everyone else (such as Nobu and Mr. Bob).

I've since settled on Bard as my Town MVP, though I guess if the people would rather see someone else they can "vote" for that person. Sympathies to Mage, again, for his terrible luck with his role. He was a last minute fill-in to boot, which made me feel twice as bad about how much the RNG hated him.

Credit to Serela for several ballsy plays throughout the game, you earned your spot in that 3-way.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #522 on: August 31, 2010, 01:05:03 PM »
Saki Marimi: Roleblock John McClane (Success!)
I died.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #523 on: August 31, 2010, 01:11:17 PM »
Credit to Serela for several ballsy plays throughout the game, you earned your spot in that 3-way.
<3

Been watching the scum QT, and I'm kinda disapointed that Serela hasn't tried to really think through *why* this is potential LYLO with 7 votes in play when he's the only scum left, but I guess it's because he's still relatively new so I can't really hold it against him. Still, this should be leading him to hunt for third parties, and the number of people that have claimed inability to target Shkannon should be setting off all sorts of sirens.
I was thinking "well it might be a third-party but there could be ALL kinds of shizzaz going on with that so I won't even bother". Since it was role madness, Shkannon's immunity didn't surprise me a lot. I guess I still need more practice!

I was looking a little too schizophrenic with my alignment calling ;_; I shouldn't get them ALL right! I went a little overboard.

Also, GOD DAMN SAKI COPIED HUHWHAT'S POWERS. That explains things. That was lucky.

Still loling over claiming Evangeline's death and then the killer wasn't alive so everyone thought I was telling the truth :V

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2010, 01:24:14 PM »
*passes out*

I had a lot of fun being that role (seriously, how could I NOT love being Suwako's avatar? <3), but holy shit, playing Mafia on braindeadness is extremely painful.  Thanks for being awesome bofh. :P

I suppose I can answer this now.  What was I fishing for on Saki?  Nothing!  I misread my night results and thought she targeted me N2!  We never really did find a good way to explain that away, so we just never talked about it. :V   This is why you shouldn't play Mafia with health problems kids!  That was the same reason I never used the "talk at night" ability.  I wasn't feeling up to it N1 and I was afraid it would look bad if I used it on any other night. :/

And rofl, I died a little on the inside when Saki ended up being the roleblocker since that was my whole reason for clearing Razeluxe D6.   

Anyway, I did have a lot of fun despite only half being able to play.  I am surprised no one called me out for lurking, especially considering I'm me. :P  So Suwako, did we break the record for the most prods in a single MotK game? :V To be fair to me, the reason for my lurking had less to do with me having an anti-town role and more with me having brain problems (seriously, my D2 WoT is just painful to look at.  I apologize for that).

Quote from: [s]Lying Scum[/s] NeoSerela
Still loling over claiming Evangeline's death and then the killer wasn't alive so everyone thought I was telling the truth
I am too actually. :P

GG
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #525 on: August 31, 2010, 02:22:06 PM »
I was raging so hard when Razeluxe said he wanted to vote Sailor Moon because I knew she was the last remaining scum. So much rage, so incredibly hard.

So yeah, I'm happy my bluff with Sandor worked out okay, and as you can see I never actually knew anyone else's role, hence my secrecy. I knew that if scum knew my role, they'd definitely want to end me immediately and I liked stalling for time. Shame I brought about the downfall of the one person who could've saved me, but hey, that's how life goes.

I was extremely displeased with all the lurking going on, but it permitted LAL strategies and that was fun. I think this was one of the funnest games I've yet played, and there wasn't that much rage.

I actually never figured out Shoe was Uncertain. I thought they were just pretending to be her for jokes, due to being a cat! Still, Shoe was actually on the ball this time, so yeah. Pretty funny. I almost wish she'd also predicted Sailor Moon!

Actually, I had Sailor Moon settled as Town-ish on the night I watched myself: I'd predicted a scum kill on me or her, so I submitted an action to self-watch, or if not possible then watch Sailor Moon. I guess my death was inevitable but at least I knew my killer!

Kind of going hrnnggg at losing the game to a third-party, but I think as town we can safely say we gone done well. If Shkannon was just a town vig, then the game'd probably gone the same way and all in all, I am quite satisfied with everything presently. Victory to me is eliminating all scum, and we succeeded!

Next game I'd like to be less of a high inquisitor though. :V I worried over my targets and my lynching objects so much every time. I actually worried about lynching Gamzee and thought throwing my chips in with Shoe wasn't the greatest idea, but thankfully it worked out and permitted me to get rid of Sandor eventually.

I intentionally held back I was the roleblocker because it struck me as amusing how people were trying to figure it out. Also, I wanted scum to not know I had multiple powers to my role in the way Gamzee did, but my survival was not to be.

If I was in Raze's position, though? Definitely would've voted Sailor Moon. Shkannon looked good the entire game; I think third-parties have it easy in Mafier anyway, because as long as they scumhunt they'll likely be on the safe side! Oh well. As I said, I'm satisfied.

Heh, I planned to be succinct, but imagine me being succinct! (lol won't happen)

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #526 on: August 31, 2010, 02:23:54 PM »
Lynching McClane was my major derp moment, by the way. The moment the lynch became unstoppable I realised I was HERP IDORT because I had already ruled out McClane as scum by virtue of my roleblock. Whoops.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #527 on: August 31, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »
SerpPerson was signed in when posted     70
08-13-2010 09:46 PM ET (US)

Argh. Good game Saki. Odds are they'll realize by tomorrow that I was most likely switching scum and town tomorrow, and then lynch you. Going to make a token effort to survive here, but it's probably a waste of effort.
NeoSerela     69
08-13-2010 09:45 PM ET (US)

...this will probably serve as a very good reason for everyone to lynch me tomorrow once someone realizes "Hey Sandor probably targeted Moon to protect from investigation! Couldn't be Saki since she's the one who got Sandor killed and all."

So hopefully they won't realize that tomorrow. Er, or for the next several days...

Oh god I'm doomed. And things were looking really nice for me before this... ;_;
NeoSerela     68
08-13-2010 09:22 PM ET (US)

wait what

Did Saki get targets other then the ones you said, or is she playing it up? Hmm. It's possible other crazy roles are interfering.
SerpPerson was signed in when posted     67
08-13-2010 09:22 PM ET (US)

Fuck, violated my post restriction in the heat of things. Oh well, if I end this day with any votes at all on me, it'll probably mean that Saki's decided to get me lynched anyway and I'm screwed regardless.
NeoSerela     66
08-13-2010 09:07 PM ET (US)

Oh yeah that makes sense. Yay role madness.
SerpPerson was signed in when posted     65
08-13-2010 08:53 PM ET (US)

Roleclaiming compulsory bus driver.
NeoSerela     64
08-13-2010 08:20 PM ET (US)

Oh boy Saki knows who you targetted?

Given you have TWO targets, that might be hard to explain yourself out of :\ Are there any non-wtf roles other then Bus Drive with two targets, anyway? Off the top of my head I think of none.

I CONSIDER THIS A PERSONAL VICTORY.

huhwhatPerson was signed in when posted     28
08-06-2010 04:36 PM ET (US)

Edited by author 08-06-2010 04:41 PM
Saki: "I explained my reason. FPMH, best reason ever. "

Saki is Bardiche attempting to mock the concept of fpmh. I'm calling it, based on stuff he said during dwarf fortress postgame.

This, too! (Forgot, I can edit posts now! ... I should probably let go of this account...)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:30:32 PM by Saki Marimi »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #528 on: August 31, 2010, 02:32:19 PM »
Quote from: BardicheSaki
-quote of Huhwhat identifying Bardiche in ED1-
This, too! (Forgot, I can edit posts now! ... I should probably let go of this account...)
Ahaha, I totally forgot about that!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:39:47 PM by NeoSerela »

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #529 on: August 31, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »
But yeah, this was my most fun game yet.

Apologies to Pesco, belatedly, for ridiculing FPMH, but I really thought it was a great idea at the time. I had no intention to become Town High Inquisitor and lead the Scum Hunt but things happened. I actually intended to derp it up hard and generally lollygag around until my role started doing things... which was on N1. I actually thought I'd become a Cop if the Cop died or a Doc if the Doc did... but not complaining.

Words words words. God, I need to learn to shut up.

Also why am I an idiot princess. What is this malarkey.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #530 on: August 31, 2010, 02:37:29 PM »
Pesco's birthday request was to give the victors + top players colored names. bofh already has Godmother, so IP went out to you, Serela and K4U. There's a whole Idiot ______ Hierarchy system for the main social subforum here, but considering you don't ever post there, you can just treat it as a badge of honor.

EDIT: Also it looked like Mage was bluffing the entire time about considering voting Shannon over Sailor Moon, so no rage in his direction necessary. It's not like the guy needs any more stress from this game anyway.

EDIT 2: I also imagine most of town will take your stance on losing to the third-party, so.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:43:39 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #531 on: August 31, 2010, 02:44:13 PM »
But yeah, this was my most fun game yet.

Apologies to Pesco, belatedly, for ridiculing FPMH, but I really thought it was a great idea at the time. I had no intention to become Town High Inquisitor and lead the Scum Hunt but things happened. I actually intended to derp it up hard and generally lollygag around until my role started doing things... which was on N1. I actually thought I'd become a Cop if the Cop died or a Doc if the Doc did... but not complaining.

Words words words. God, I need to learn to shut up.

Also why am I an idiot princess. What is this malarkey.

Don't worry about it, I know how much people want to lynch me for it whenever I use it :V

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #532 on: August 31, 2010, 02:50:16 PM »
Suwako's account avatar takes a whole new meaning now that the game is over. An amusing if slightly ill fitting one.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #533 on: August 31, 2010, 03:37:52 PM »
Pesco's birthday request was to give the victors + top players colored names. bofh already has Godmother, so IP went out to you, Serela and K4U. There's a whole Idiot ______ Hierarchy system for the main social subforum here, but considering you don't ever post there, you can just treat it as a badge of honor.

EDIT: Also it looked like Mage was bluffing the entire time about considering voting Shannon over Sailor Moon, so no rage in his direction necessary. It's not like the guy needs any more stress from this game anyway.

EDIT 2: I also imagine most of town will take your stance on losing to the third-party, so.

I'll wear my Idiot crown as a badge of honour then. :V :V :ohdear:

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #534 on: August 31, 2010, 04:00:06 PM »
Hey! Hey Listen? Remember this?

Yeah.

OK, I know, that doesn't count. To be fair, I did catch her on D5, if for the wrong reasons (My logic boiled down to the fact she was having a love affair with Shkannon for no apparent reason. Her posts literally made no sense as town, while with Razel and StuffMan, they did)

Oh God, even better
Quote from: Serela in the QT
"Now that I have elegantly solved the first scum for you, just wake me up when she's lynched and flipped"

She sounds awfully confident for what would presumably be a jokevote. Maybe a cop or a bulletproof trying to lure or both? Hmm. Or just rvs shenanigans that I'm overreacting to. I'll keep an eye on her to see how things develop.

If she can make herself look suspicious today, she'd be a good target for the Janitor one-shot of mine, considering that I highly doubt there will be only one death tonight. Possibly killing a cop and having town wonder if it was scum or not would be nice.

Ah, good, so I WAS tossed around for N1 kill. I was telling Kilga that the N1 kill would be either me or Roddy. And actually leaned on Roddy because I still seemed to be scattered enough to be misguided at the least.

Anyway, magical QT of thoughts: here

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #535 on: August 31, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
Quote from: Kilga
Kilgamayan    6

08-23-2010 01:59 PM ET (US)
I may have to change my mind on assessing still-alive players for value, Nobu's actually doing a good job of taking over the lead townie role that Bard left. I had written him off as a possibility after his first three days but he's coming along very well, especially for a new guy.

:blush:

My first game of Mafia was a lot of fun, so I'll have to give a big thanks to all involved. I've been wanting to try out Mafia for a while now, and saw the MSR anon setup as a good opportunity to do so without new player and identity-based preconceptions. Of course I derped it up a bit D1 and D2, but it was a learning experience I guess. :V

Tbh, I was secretly hoping to get lynched/killed D3 and on because I was so bogged down with life and was feeling discouraged about my play, but I didn't want the game to degenerate into lurk-city in Bardiche's absence and took his advice to heart about not giving up. I really had a hard time synthesizing all the details to make good cases on people later on, and was suffering due to a lack of notes and probably also my lack of experience. Eech.

I had a feeling earlier that Neo knew who I was before he outed it in game, when he made this post over in CPMC. Did anyone else guess who I was? :3
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #536 on: August 31, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
You and Pesco were the easiest players to guess, though.  (I somehow guessed that Sutff Man was Pesco before D1 even began and Serela can vouch for me on this. )

That said I did find your posts about FPMH amusing.

Props to Rou for his character choice, btw. Also props to Suwako for naming Nobu's role "Metaknight", I got a chuckle out of that.

Edit: Oh wow Bard's role. ;_;
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:13:14 PM by huh what »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #537 on: August 31, 2010, 06:13:58 PM »
I already had a strong feeling that Sandor Clegane was Serp since he had mentioned A Song of Ice and Fire to me a few times before, so I was facepalming when it got busdriven. Though, finding out that Stone Mason was Mr. Bob was a surprise.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #538 on: August 31, 2010, 07:15:23 PM »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #539 on: August 31, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »
I considered posting in the thread at one point to see if anyone would catch that it was the real me.