Author Topic: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 69154 times)

Ouja

• Ouja
Re: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Day 4
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2010, 12:18:25 AM »
4 scum, then. It'd be so nice if Evangeline and McClane were scum, so we'd have all four scum on Shoe in D1. >_>

3 scum would clear McClane to me, but as it stands with a 4 scum idea in my head, I'm curious how he'll explain never getting on Clegane the other day, and being so hesitant to vote Clegane despite mentioning suspicions of Clegane all game long! It's a major contradiction in your behaviour and I'd like to see the clarifications.

So yeah, the people I want to hear from today are StuffMan on who he thinks is scum and some active scumhunting, Sailor Moon on why she so readily believed what I said and triumphantly pranced about with the picture, McClane on his apparent hesitation for voting Clegane yesterday. Re-reading the entiriety of D1 now with the new Clegane info.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2010, 01:33:46 AM »
The drought of words later in Day 3 would arise from my cleaning out the quarry and toolshed, and coming back to find people tied up the loose ends without me (which isn't surprising considering I was gone for more than 24 hours).

Again, I was elbowing in on you to re-dress the Steven issue, but your thought process was much more evident than Sandor's, who picked up your words quick-like, but didn't show any of his own work when I prodded him. Furthermore, his clear of not only himself, but of three other people here really isn't something cautious town should say to clear yourself. It was more than just Saki's gambit that had me believing Sandor was scum.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2010, 02:08:45 AM »
Eh, that's reasonable. Can't say I contributed that much Day 3 either for similar reasons. Not feeling incredibly confident about my scumhunting skills with my first two big pushes both flipping town (though I guess D1 is still D1, but still.). Switching my vote to reinforce Saki's prod then.

##Unvote
##Vote: StuffMan

One thing that caught my eye when skimming D1 is John McClane's defense of Sandor here, specifically how strong it seems when Sandor had only posted one time before then.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2010, 02:28:06 AM »
Vote Chart

Evangeline A.K. McDowell (1): Silver Medal
Shannon (1): Sunny Milk
Stuff Man (2): Saki Marimi, Evangeline A.K. McDowell
Stone Mason (0): Evangeline A.K. McDowell

No vote placed: Everyone else

With 8 players alive, 5 votes will lynch. There are about 48 hours left in Day 4. (Previous vote chart time count was incorrect.)
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2010, 05:04:19 AM »
It's 12:20 AM by the time I start making a post, what the hell is wrong with me.

Stone Mason I'll let pass for the moment because of being the swing vote, looks like lots of people are looking at Evangeline (or I'm being schizophrenic but whatever, any target works I suppose) so I'll analyze her next. Although since her post count is larger, I'm not going to be going post-by-post big comprehensiveness.

First, @Saki:Your case was incredibly convincing, was it not? I didn't like Sandor already, and you brought information that, in my eyes, labeled him as practically confirmed scum. And on the offchance he flipped town, well, you would suddenly look very scummy yourself instead! Win/win, although with less win on the latter and far less likely possibility.

Lying about his role is a major scumtell, and he looked scummy already. Need I say more?

The "quote post, respond with gtfo.jpg" may have been a bit uncalled for, but, I'd kind of been waiting for a chance to do that since I signed up :V I simply couldn't resist such a golden opportunity. I want to have my own little Shoe moment, too! You should try it, it's fun no

Mmk, Evangeline readings.

D1, I can definitely see where her reasoning is coming from, it looks fine to me; the problem is only lies in that she said Gamzee's wagon was bad and unappealing, and stayed on the Shoe wagon, the flips of whom we both have, and, well... yeah. At this point, she could certainly just be scum that got a nice case on Shoe (Most of the other shoe cases, with knowledge of who her player is, kind of suxed, IMO. Oh well.) As with Shannon, though, there isn't anything that strikingly makes her scum either. How vexing, I don't want to get multiple reads of that.

D2 time. Oh my, here we go into the case on Steven, which largely gets going because of Evangeline's case. I'm biased here, because nooblynches are not my favorite lynches unless they've done something REALLY damning, so actively driving a case on a newbie just seems like a scummy action to me. She puts a lot into a Gamzee/Steven link due to Gamzee knowing Steven is new; I can assume Evangeline just didn't know about the irc stuff revealing Steven being... yeah, so, I guess that can pass even though being a little stretchy, and as I've said, it wasn't too bad for a newbie case. But I still don't like people who actively drive newbie cases. Newbies are too easy of a target for scum to go for.

After refreshing my mind on D2... yeah, not liking Evangeline much. D3 now.  Eh, nothing of much interest to note here, or afterwards; her D4 posts so far don't help me read her without flips on them. I feel worse about Evangeline then Shkannon, and bad enough to feel fine about voting her, at least for now; interesting points are being brought up on McClane, so I want to look at him when I get the chance tomorrow...

##Vote:Evangeline

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #335 on: August 18, 2010, 05:00:10 PM »
I've mentioned before that I would be busy and in fact don't have the time to be paying my full attention to the game. Finding a replacement is a hassle that I'll never put on the mod unless the circumstance is unavoidable.

First off, we are not in LyLo so why did it take everyone this long to put down a vote anywhere? There's 2 flipped scum already so I doubt there's any chance of a quickhammer, on myself even.

My Day 1 case wasn't good, but you know it yourself that there was nothing scummy about it. I didn't agree with the case on Steven for Day 2. Sailor Moon has already put what I had in mind on Day 2 about Evangeline's case in better words.

To continue the case on Evangeline from yesterday: Sandor started the wagon on Steven. Evangeline came in with the Gamzee-coaching theory that I called a poor stretch to paint Steven scummy. Sandor was at 4 votes when the Steven wagon began. Evangeline took her vote off Sandor to give Steven momentum. That's Sandor 3 and Steven 2, with the call of attention to make Steven look even worse, it wasn't hard to get Steven to hang for Sandor that day.

Today, what good is your prodvote going to do? If you want someone to post, ask the mod to send them a reminder and use your vote for lynching.

##Vote Evangeline

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »
@SM/Stuff: I didn't push the case on Steven because of his noob status, I pushed it despite his noob status. What bothered me the most about Steven was everyone's general willingness to dismiss him as noob mistakes, when it's perfectly reasonable for a noob to be on the scum team as well. Let me find some examples (bolds mine):

@Steven: The problem with your posting is you contradict yourself every paragraph. Even when you vote, you're saying it in such a way that hedges your bets. I'd prefer you to take more solid stances and own your positions. It makes you seem less shifty. Only reason I'm not jumping on you for it is I read you as newb town at this time.

Shoe is obvtown, and Steven is derp. Sandor is lurky, I'd like to see more from him so I could get a better read.

I'd also like to hear Steven Stone's thoughts of the previous day and everything up to here so we can at least take him into consideration. Honestly all he is to me right now is a bunch of newbie mistakes, and I want to see that change into "more analysis", or at least "more participation". We won't lynch you for being stupid at this stage, that's reserved for D1.

Steven, Steven Steven, can you grace us with your presence and talk about the previous day. Who do you think is scum. I recall Gamzee attacked Shoe after she attacked you on your roleguessing excuse, I want enough out of you to determine if Gamzee was pulling chainsaw defence or attempting to get a mislynch on Shoe. (given how rubbish I think the case on Shoe was/is I am not entirely convinced you're town, after some consideration! Derp only goes so far and I definitely don't feel it's a free pass!)

That shouldn't be the only thing keeping you from pursuing a case on somebody, especially when scum could use it to their advantage no problem.  When I was looking for a case to pursue on D2, Steven stood out to me. His actions coupled by other's comments, and that something that caught my eye when going over Gamzee's speech, made me decide to go with it. And yeah, I bought Sandor's explanation for his actions in D1 and turned my focus elsewhere to what caught my eye. Which was Steven.

And if you notice, I didn't even focus on noobtells, but the scumtells that stood out despite them. Namely, being chainsaw defended by Gamzee early on + his voting patterns. Steven was an early target that got defended by scum, dropped off the radar until coming back later to throw a bandwagon swinging vote on Shoe, then hopping off the bandwagon once John McClane jumps off putting Gamzee in the lead. It was dumb of me to assume that this was completely anonymous, but I figured since Steven Stone was new to Mafia then most people here wouldn't be familiar with him, and thus his 'new' status wouldn't be known to everyone from the getgo.

And I'm not even sure if i'm using the term correctly here, but Steven's deal seemed like WIFOM to me. "If he's town, then his noobiness might explain his scumtells. But then again, that's exactly what scum would WANT you to think." So I chose to focus on the scumtells I saw (voting patterns and lurking), and ignoring the noobiness as enhancing or destroying credibility while laying out a viable scenario for Scum!Steven. Which is important, since one of the first questions you ask when considering a person's alignment is "Well how do you explain why they did ____?", or basically, their scum intent. There was nothing I saw out of Steven that confirmed him as obvTown, except for the noobiness which I already explained why it's a bad tell either way.

So... yeah. I think that's all I have to say, but i'm still open for inquiry. I have nothing to hide.

@Stuff: I'm not going to have the mod send a reminder to someone when they just posted the other day, y'know. Of the remaining players you stick out most to me, thus vote on you.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #337 on: August 18, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: McClane

Only one more of my trio needs to answer!

Evangeline, when did your suspicions re: Steven take root? More specifically, why did you vote Sandor first in the day, but later switched to Steven? You first post on August 9th, at 8 PM, give or take minutes. Then you vote Sandor on August 10th at 6 PM for reasons related to his lurking. You unvote him and consequently vote Steven August 11th, 1 AM. That's two days nearly that passed since your very first post, and it's only then that a case surfaces.

... ##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Evangeline

What's worse, you vote Steven here "after being tipped off"... and the only mention of Steven between you voting Sandor and you posting again is by Sandor and Shoe: the former to indicate Steven as a target, the latter to dismiss it.

We've got evidence that Gamzee and Sandor were both pushing for a Shoe lynch D1, indicating scum works together on lynchtrains. You were on that same train. We now see Sandor and you were also on Steven on D2. On D3, your vote did not come until under 20.5 hours remained in the day as per the mod's votecounts.

Explanations. When did your suspicion of Steven arise on D2?

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2010, 07:25:17 PM »
EBWOP: also, what or who tipped you off?

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2010, 07:26:03 PM »
Above, implied, StuffMan's participation satisfies me and it made me look at Evangeline and, yes, my reread shows that she has a lot of agreeing synergy with Sandor and even defended him D1. This confuses me. A lot. Like, a lot.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »
EBWOP: Wait, no, she didn't defend him, that was someone else? Uh, there's a lot of referencing to Sandor in her D1 posts with one mention of "he feels scummy but you feel scummier" to Shoe. Yeah I don't know how I came up with a Sandor defence for her. Consider that point dropped.

Also, just because I'm not voting McClane does not an excuse for silence make. :V

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2010, 07:30:53 PM »
John McClane has been prodded for inactivity.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

« Reply #342 on: August 18, 2010, 08:29:08 PM »
Sorry about the silence.  Was a busy day yesterday.

Anyways, why I didn't vote Sandor.  I'll be honest, I read too much into what he said Day 1 and gave him a clean gut check, and so he got by when I did consider him until Day 3 when Saki's case came out.  At that point, the guy was sitting at L-2, which means that at both points I had two reasons for not voting him.  One reason was consistent.  Namely, Clegane was the only real contender all day, which meant that my vote was better used being left on myself (something I only realised at the end of Day 3.  Shoulda happened sooner, like Day 1, but I've got a pretty ingrained instinct to never vote for myself) as it wouldn't change anything.  The second reason, at first was simply not wanting to go to L-1 with so much day left, and later on, was to avoid giving StuffMan the double which is starting to get stronger and because I knew I was going to be around for the rest of the day, so if there was a stalemate, then I could switch with an hour left, and help ensure the lynch.

As for cases I'm looking at.  I'll be honest, I'm currently trying to re-order my thoughts since every single conclusion I've come to this game has been wrong, so I'm not trusting my past judgements.  So, in progress.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #343 on: August 18, 2010, 08:45:47 PM »
Evangeline, when did your suspicions re: Steven take root? More specifically, why did you vote Sandor first in the day, but later switched to Steven? You first post on August 9th, at 8 PM, give or take minutes. Then you vote Sandor on August 10th at 6 PM for reasons related to his lurking. You unvote him and consequently vote Steven August 11th, 1 AM. That's two days nearly that passed since your very first post, and it's only then that a case surfaces.

Well, my first post I did say that I wasn't going to be around for a while and was saving a thorough lookover for later, mainly posting to respond to Shoe from D1 and putting a vote down, and then popping in to respond to inquiries and keep up with recent posts. When I voted Sandor later, I still hadn't had the time to make my own thorough analysis, and was just going off of what was said so far D2. My next post was after Shannon had made her case, so I turned my attention to Sandor who was still being silent, and added a pressure vote. It was actually Sandor's post that tipped me off to read into Steven more thoroughly ( I quoted him in my third post where I voted Steven even), and I didn't like what I saw. I wasn't feeling too great about people's eagerness to dismiss his scum potential out of noobiness already, and so I made a case.

Hell, I even asked at the end of the post if there was anything that cleared Steven in their eyes aside from the noobiness, because I was drawing a blank. I was trying to keep myself open after the debacle that was the Shoe case, but no one gave me a good counter-argument. Except for StuffMan saying "Well a lot of people already knew Steven was a noob from the beginning" in response to the Gamzee quote, but that wasn't the lynch pin of my case anyway.

And uh, that's only 29 hours from first post to Steven vote post (9th at 8PM to 11th at 1AM). Er wait, I think you got the times wrong, because looking at timestamps from my end puts it closer to two days. My first post was posting before bed Sunday night when D2 opened, and the next day was a full day at work and things to do after, followed by work again Tuesday until late. It wasn't until Tuesday night that I could actually sit down at my leisure and look into things, instead of just reading what's current and responding to people.

What's worse, you vote Steven here "after being tipped off"... and the only mention of Steven between you voting Sandor and you posting again is by Sandor and Shoe: the former to indicate Steven as a target, the latter to dismiss it.

Well, like I said above, I already didn't feel comfortable about others dismissing Steven on noobiness alone. Sandor's post made me look at Steven's bandwagon-swingy nature of his voting pattern D1, and Shoe's post had the "Only reason I'm not jumping on you for it is I read you as newb town at this time." that irked me further.

We've got evidence that Gamzee and Sandor were both pushing for a Shoe lynch D1, indicating scum works together on lynchtrains. You were on that same train. We now see Sandor and you were also on Steven on D2. On D3, your vote did not come until under 20.5 hours remained in the day as per the mod's votecounts.

D3 I was already feeling pretty shitty for having been a major player on two town lynches, and that discouraged me from being more ambitious with scumhunting. I did have one piece of information that became relevant once you started pressing Sandor: I had used my night ability on Steven D1, and it got redirected to Sandor. I had no idea how to interpret that aside from guessing it was a bus driver of some sort, so I just kept that information tucked in the back of my head until D3, where it came out that Sandor was the bus driver.

I was planning on voting Sandor well before I actually voted, but I didn't want to end the day prematurely if he actually had a good answer to my question of why he used his night ability on himself and Steven. I was at the border of "beyond a reasonable doubt", and his lack of a response to my repeated questioning sealed the deal for me. That's also why I asked you for clarification on his bus driver role, to make sure he was the one responsible for redirecting my ability from Steven to himself.

EBWOP: also, what or who tipped you off?

I guess 'tip me off' was a bad way to put it because it implies someone actually passed me a message, but I meant it more like 'caught my eye'. And to answer your question, the quote I made of Sandor's post that I mentioned above.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #344 on: August 18, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »
According to my investigation you targeted Steven without fail. How do you know it got redirected to Sandor?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #345 on: August 18, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »
Because what I got back from the mod after targeting Steven was 'bla bla bla information about Sandor' followed by a 'I realize you targeted Steven Stone and this response is not a mistake'.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »
Oh, and I should add: Since you say you investigated me Saki, that means you probably know what my power is then, right? The reason I investigated Stone is because I wanted to see if his claim of being new was credible, or just a huge act.

Eh, I might as well roleclaim since I don't think it makes a big difference either way to be dodgy about my role. I can investigate the actual identity behind a player (which is pretty useless for me i'll admit since i'm not really familiar with people's playstyles here). N1 I target Steven for reasons stated, targeted Shannon N2 on a whim and got back no result, and then targeted Shannon again N3 to confirm that her protection was persistent and not a one time deal.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #347 on: August 18, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »
That checks out. I need to consider this more closely then; I think your response is reasonable within limits, but I haven't yet decided if I'll accept that as a non-scum train-of-thought.

Right now order of preference for lynch seems to indicate I want to keep on Evangeline. but I'm going to start prying into the others. I keep having to check the first post to remind me who all are playing and it's difficult forming much opinions when there's just lurkers, lurkers everywhere.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #348 on: August 19, 2010, 12:25:22 AM »
McClane, would you be kind enough to inform the rest of us whom you targeted the other nights?
I'd like ter believe you're fightin' the terrorists, like ye have before.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #349 on: August 19, 2010, 02:41:39 AM »
Okay, I'm back. And I have... no real idea where to put a vote. I'm not seeing the Evangeline case too much (though I'll admit that's mostly because it reminds me of the Steven case via stretching a bit for it, and I'm much more wary of those now), though I'm not keen on McClane for reasons I have clearly stated previously, of which he has not done a single thing to convince me otherwise. Also, WTF at Stone Mason for the post of pure, blatant rolefishing. Nothing but rolefishing. Also at the wrong target, since I would assume it's for Saki, because McClane never actually claimed a role with night actions, nor has he given us a single target.

##Vote: John McClane
Because I find him consistently worse, though Stone Mason is coming as a close second.

Evangeline: Who did you target N0?

Also, as a warning, might or might not be out of it for a few RL days; getting work done on my teeth, and I may be out of it via pain or the drugs necessary to get rid of them. Hopefully will have clear enough thought to play, but no promises.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #350 on: August 19, 2010, 05:04:50 AM »
Evangeline: Who did you target N0?

I investigated StuffMan on N0. Was wondering who the heck would play as Stuffman, though it made sense once I found out who it was. Though I don't feel 100% comfortable breaking someone's veil of anonymity, the information might help Town that are familiar with his playstyle (Then again if you are familiar with it then you probably could have guessed already..). StuffMan is Pesco.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #351 on: August 19, 2010, 05:25:40 AM »
Vote Chart

Evangeline A.K. McDowell (4): Silver Medal, Sailor Moon, Stuff Man, Saki Marimi
Shannon (1): Sunny Milk
Stuff Man (1): Saki Marimi, Evangeline A.K. McDowell
Stone Mason (0): Evangeline A.K. McDowell
John McClane (1): Saki Marimi, Razeluxe Meitzen

No vote placed: Stone Mason, Shannon, John McClane

With 8 players alive, 5 votes will lynch. There are about 21 hours left in Day 4.

Evangeline A.K. McDowell is at L-1!

Shannon has been prodded for inactivity.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2010, 06:57:11 AM »
The question was who you targetted. Why you have to go and out me >_>

@Stuff: I'm not going to have the mod send a reminder to someone when they just posted the other day, y'know. Of the remaining players you stick out most to me, thus vote on you.

You were backing a prod vote. So why am I scum according to you?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2010, 07:49:31 AM »
The question was who you targetted. Why you have to go and out me >_>

Though I don't feel 100% comfortable breaking someone's veil of anonymity, the information might help Town that are familiar with his playstyle

And it's not like anyone else but you would lay claim to having originated minhax y'know. :P

I lead a failed mislynch D1 and a successful mislynch D2, didn't do much D3, so i'm not holding out a ton of hope that I'm going to escape lynching at this point. But if what information I *do* have can help Town win still, i'll give it up. (Actually surprised Saki didn't jump down my throat sooner than now, but she saw bigger fish to fry D3 after all).

Also,

So why am I scum according to you?

Right now I really don't know who to go after. Of the people currently on my bandwagon, i'm going to take a stab and guess that one of you must be scum. It's not Saki, at least. Sailor Moon is... eh, i'm not sure what I think of her yet. But for you, one thing that strikes me was your eagerness to get the double vote by hammering and not chiming in until after his lynch was basically secured, also you acting like we'd go along with it without question like you were obvTown. That and your bad cases coupled with active lurking make me feel strongest about you.

Then again, I've been wrong twice before so I don't have much confidence in my feelings at this point. The only difference here is that I *know* that people are currently bandwagoning on a townie, so there's a good chance at least one of you is scum. If I get hammered before I wake up in the morning, someone *please* be careful with StuffMan and take a second look at Sailor Moon while you're at it. Don't let Stuffman get that double vote either unless he somehow comes up as obvTown, because we're fucked otherwise. Also, post more, peoples.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #354 on: August 19, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »
Hey, i'm not dead yet. :toot: I'll throw down a couple more thoughts on my mind before work then and comment on who I haven't commented on. Stream of consciousness more or less soo.... here I go.

John McClane, I don't know how I feel about. We were pretty much side by side on bandwagons D1 and D2. While I can definitely understand the sentiment of feeling like you made a lot of bad judgements, I feel like multiple people espousing the same defense is a bit fishy.

Shannon, I have no idea. She used to have a compelling case on her, but that seemed to crumble and attention focused off her. Still would have to look at her old and new posts in more depth before saying anything useful about her.

Raxeluxe, i'm guessing has some sort of role restriction where he has to speak in a lot of bolds? I was so close to saying something about excessive bolding before I realize that might have been the case. Is the bolding just random or is there a pattern based on the content of the bolded/unbolded stuff? Makes me wonder.

Stone Mason: I... don't know. He hasn't stood out too incredibly much, and it's hard for me to get a bead on him.

Saki: With how slow things are going, if the Sandor v Saki from yesterday isn't any indication, then the way she's trying to drive the game forward is the last thing to cement in my eyes that she's Town. Hell, at this rate scum could just hide amongst all the lurkers and be good if there weren't people to try fishing them out.

And one last thing about StuffMan: If I go by meta + gut instincts, I *really* don't feel good about the way he's been acting this game. Though I don't know his actual mafia playstyle, i'm pretty familiar with him as a person. His previous activity seems more distraction than anything, and the latest bid for the last vote and just stating flat out "I can get double vote by hammering" reeks of something mindhax-ey.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »
I'll put my hat into the ring. My suspicions on John are the fact that he has a perfect track record for being pro-scum. I was not attempting to rolefish, so much as role activation fish. I think John's power is activated by someone voting for him, which would explain why he voted himself D3 and said he wanted to D1. My suspicions are not eased by a claim of being roleblocked. I cannot be certain that having a bad record is due to being scum, as it could be bad choices in good faith, and if he is scum, always being right about being wrong seems like it would be poor scum play. However, I no longer have enough time to have anymore reservations. Either this vote will just be another clip to John's gun, or we stop it completely by lynching him.

##Vote: McClane

I am not feeling the case on school girl, she shows her work, and seems concerned about being lynched, as opposed to the hiding we have seen thus far. If she is scum, she's pulled the wool over ma' eyes good. If someone wants to lynch her, that is their business.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2010, 07:58:43 PM »
H'okay, on a reread of Stone Mason and McClane, I got the following.

McClane first. Defence of Sandor at the bottom, which is curious since he claims he can't see our reasons for attacking Sandor because "he's out hard, and saying things that can be tied to him". Of course, we were tying things to him namely that he was scummy. Hindsight, and all, but this goes into "don't defend people whose allegiance you don't know", and there's a difference between "Your reasoning is bogus" and "He's actually pretty good".

Here, the thing that gets me is both his repeat mention at how Sandor is better, and then his stint on Miyako, specifically accusing her of turning all eyes to the two popular trains. However, here, he talks about two targets to pick from (i.e. he's pretending there's two choices, ymmv), and here he complains of Stone Mason giving commentary on Not The Leading Trains... after his D1 talk to Shoe about how he'd seen people swing about in the last moments, and accusing Miyako of tunneling town, it's weird he'd try to get Stone Mason's focus on the two leading trains.

Both trains, to note, are Shannon and Steven. One of these is a proven townie.

Backtracking a bit, I recall being asked why I thought Sandor was bad. McClane was the one asking, and he iterated that Stone Mason was worse. I also recall this post, which complements a preceding post, on where he validates people's cases on Shoe based on Shoe's playstyle.

Back up a bit. He doesn't like voting people based on bad play, which is exactly what Shoe's case boils down to: bad play because he pissed off people.

Day 2 more solidly, more Sandor defence. Oh, well, that's pretty much it.

I don't think I need to go over Day 3 much because it's obvious his little stunt to stall for time on Sandor and try to undermine me by suggesting my investigative results were erroneous did not earn him a lot of Good Credit in my book. Attacking my credibility to defend Sandor... what's it called, Chainsaw?

Anyway, this post is getting too long, so I'm getting to Stone Mason in the next. I might review Evangeline again if I have time.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2010, 08:07:25 PM »
As for Stone Mason, he's a lot less wordy. The first thing I can find immediate fault with is his OMGUS - voting for the one who voted him.

[rul=http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,6785.msg407108.html#msg407108]end of Day 2[/url] isn't much better, as he first talks about Steve as derptown, and then agreeing to vote for Steven even though Evangeline is suspicious for starting the train. I don't like lynching for information, but that's playstyle.

His final post just now is a bit odd, considering his vote on Evangeline and continuous hounding her over the Steven case, but now suddenly she's "nothing wrong".

Not too fond on his supreme lack of participation so far. I'm not against LAL as an alternative to a valid scumwagon, and I do count lurking as a highly offensive count to scummitude. Town is served by posts, scum are more likely to be caught if they post enough.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #358 on: August 19, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »
end of Day 2 isn't much better, as he first talks about Steve as derptown, and then agreeing to vote for Steven even though Evangeline is suspicious for starting the train. I don't like lynching for information, but that's playstyle.

^ Correcting the above, heh.

For Evangeline, we'll start with her bizarre reason to jump on Shoe, which was "I felt like it, and I wanted to see how far she'd run with her case on Steven", the latter which I doubt has any effect unless you point out flaws. Granted that she ameliorates the situation by finally giving a clear explanation. Please don't use RP in your reasons to vote someone.

A good thing is her challenge for Shoe to vote Gamzee, which I can't rhyme as scum intent much. Of course, the strong ties with Sandor and Gamzee dont'help her a lot. But I am willing to give that that is circumstantial. I can buy that Shoe's behaviour was confusing, but don't opt to call it scummy per definition.

This is also a bit weird, given that if Shoe'd voted Gamzee later on accounts of "Not Me Instead Of Me", it'd be no issue. I'm not sure how I feel about the accusation here - one side of me thinks it's really confusing, and the other thinks it's just plain weird reasoning to propose he'd need a reason to jump back on Gamzee if it'd save his life.

The sentiment here, that one of Shoe and Gamzee was scum, is weird. Because a D1 case seldom ends as Scum VS Town train, it's a bit weird to call Scum on one of the two in the D1 train. Much less certainly. I'd be more wont to say "You seemed scummy, but Gamzee didn't", rather than boldly claim I suspected one of the two being scum. "Pretty sure", huh?

I don't think the rest needs highlighting. It's the entire Steven case we KNOW is a trainwreck. I do like the honesty in explaining where she came from, and I can buy some of the arguments used to excuse herself.

In spite of what bad stuff I can find on her, and my reluctance to rhyme her sudden suspicion of StuffMan who she knew to be who he is since D2 as not-paranoia, I'm... pretty much willing to think that for now, Evangeline errs on the wrong side of paranoia. Against her, I find her behaviour to be a lot of "This person is scum" and then stack up and interpret actions in a negative way, which occurs to me to be pretty scum-like as that's basically how scum try to manipulate the lynches.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #359 on: August 19, 2010, 08:36:59 PM »
So, yeah, the above simply demands I move my vote to McClane, who looks worse than Evangeline. I can only rhyme a scum!Evangeline based on my gut, which tells me there's something distinctly suspicious about Evangeline. I also feel her playstyle complements scum because of how she tried to interpret all of Steven's actions as scum when they could be interpreted both ways... but I admit I'd considered the possibility myself. Who'd lynch the one who has no idea of what he's doing when you don't know who he is?

Alright.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: McClane

I'll also admit Stone Mason's got some pretty bad participation, but for now he's got the right calls on McClane, and his posts do have frequent linking back - a trait I like to see in people who lurk. It shows that they do some elbow work when they do provide content. Still, want to see more scumhunting and activity, less prodding and careful questioning.