Author Topic: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 69880 times)

Ouja

• Ouja
Re: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Day 1: The Game Begins!
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2010, 12:05:47 AM »
Oh, so everyone is onboard the WIFOM train? Oh, Stone Mason isn't. He's pressure voting and hopping on a bandwagon.

Yeah, it's kind of overshadowed by Wifom, Wifom everywhere, John.

Also, not liking this "personal grudge" reason for voting Shoe. Vote for scum, not for people you can't get along with.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »
Now that that's out of the way, how OFTEN does a wagon turn around in 15 minutes? ESPECIALLY in a game where I think half the players haven't even posted this real life day? Where do you expect to get the votes? If we had more activity, I'd be more willing to drag things to the bleeding cutting edge of deadline. But we don't. I'd prefer a solid decision to a lukewarm one, since I think more scum can be ferreted out by competing bandwagons. But, hey, if another wagon gains enough support, and I like it, I'll vote with it. Stone Mason looks bad, I agree, but quite honestly, there are so many WORSE looking people that I basically think you've blinded yourself to anyone except those that are me or supporting me, even indirectly. I don't think that focus will catch "terrorists".

Addressing the supposed sentiment against my attitude, as I explained before, I'm not used to dealing with humans who refuse to use the brains they have. I get abrasive when people refuse to do that. I get more abrasive when they are blatantly voting because they don't like my attitude, rather than trying to catch scum. Cause you know what? There's a fair chance that comes from incredibly stupid town, who has decided their PRECIOUS emotions are far more important than finding the scum.

And you know what happens with that? Scum win because you can't get over yourself. I mean, fuck, I'm narcissistic but I'm at least trying to hunt scum rather than people who hate me. So, get over it, and I'll try to back off. Fair enough? But if I'm to back off, I would like in exchange for everyone who is voting me because of my "attitude", to reassess their case and analyze people who might not be pissing them off, but are the true scum. I don't think this is unreasonable. In fact, let's further extend the paw of reason here. I'm willing to accept amendments to my conditions if they're reasonable. I'm willing to talk this out. Now are you? Or are you so blinded that you will refuse?

tl;dr: I need to back the fuck off, since my attitude is obfuscating scumhunting. You all need to learn to fucking think with your heads, not your hearts, since that attitude is obfuscating scumhunting. I'm willing to back off, and will do so first. In exchange I want you to reassess things with your minds, not your emotions. Any reasonable amendments or objections to this assessment will be met with serious consideration. Got it?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2010, 12:12:48 AM »
Vote Chart

Shoe (4): Sailor Moon, Evangeline A.K. McDowell, John McClane, Gamzee Makara, Sandor Clegane, Steven Stone
Stone Mason (1): Stuff Man, John McClane, Miyako Miyamura, John McClane
Sailor Moon (0): Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Shoe, Gamzee Makara
Shannon (0): Roddy MacStew
Miyako Miyamura (1): Saki Marimi, Razeluxe Meitzen
Steven Stone (1): Shoe, Saki Marimi
Evangeline A.K. McDowell (0): Saki Marimi
Saki Marimi (1): Stuff Man, Roddy MacStew
Gamzee Makara (4): Roddy MacStew, Sailor Moon, Miyako Miyamura, Stone Mason
Sandor Clegane (2): Shannon, Shoe

No vote cast: Satoshi Hojo

8 votes will lynch, so Shoe and Gamzee are at L-4. About 5 hours to go in Day 1.

Satoshi has dropped out. If I do not find a replacement by the end of the day, he will be modkilled and have his card flipped. (Addendum: Given how late it is in the day, even if I do find a Satoshi replacement, they will still get modkilled unless they post something meaningful.)
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2010, 12:24:15 AM »
You say that like it means something.  If he's pressure voting, then why is he putting pressure on someone who has been talking a lot?  Why is he putting it one someone who is already under pressure and not on someone who has none?  It makes no sense and sounds like a token reason that people won't pay close attention to because it sounds legit on the surface.

As for the personal grudge thing, you'll notice that I've also voted for someone else.  So, it's very patently not my sole motivation here.

And, now that I've cooled off a bit, I'll explain why his abrasive style is actually a very anti-town, very pro-scum style.  The nature of the commentary, being highly insulting, highly based on ad homoneims, is generally very good at provoking emotional responses.  Done right, this also let's you try and claim to be innocent because you're still using reason and logic while those arrayed against you are being emotional and not making sense.  It also makes it more likely that they'll make mistakes, and may even doubt their own motives in going against you.  Either way, unless enough townies have a policy of auto-lynching this behavior, odds are you'll last surprisingly long like this.

However, let's assume the best case scenario.  In this case, you're still town, and not trying to make fellow townies look bad for bad lynches.  But you're still doing it.  Town is getting emotional, making mistakes, and getting focused on you instead of on scum like they should be.  You now not only spend your time dealing with false leads and bad attacks, but your fellow townies are now playing worse.

And that's not even getting into the toxic nature of the playstyle.  Creating drama, driving people away from the game, and causing it to wither and rot.

So, yeah.  My beef with Shoe's playstyle is a very strong one, and it's one with plenty of objective reasoning as to why it's a scumtell.  And why I have zero issue with Sangor for wanting to vote Shoe based on that alone.

« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2010, 12:30:54 AM »
Shoe, as much as I like your offer to scale back, I've got to honestly say, a huge amount of the flak you're getting is because you seem to equate "Not thinking" with "Voting for you", and as such, have absolutely no grounds to claim that other people are the ones only going after the folk who are hounding them.  I also note that your voting record, and arguments, seem pretty firmly rooted in the folks who have either voted for you, or commented on you first.

Fifteen minutes, I wouldn't try.  But hey, it's as you said.  The lynch will happen anyways, and if the one I'm pushing for doesn't happen, plenty of time to get on board the case I agree with the most.  But until then, why sit back and just accept the way things are flowing.  If you see something that looks like scum, then push.  And Mason looks a hell of a lot like lurking scum, which is a lot more solid than any other case presented today, including yours.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2010, 12:33:50 AM »
Based on her latest outburst, I didn't make my point clearly enough here.

who has decided their PRECIOUS emotions are far more important than finding the scum.
OK, moggie, this is where you go too far. You appear to have forgotten that at the end of the day this is a game. It's not serious business, and it's not worth getting so aggravated about. I'm not saying this as an accusation of scuminess like some people are, but I will say this: tone it the crud down, and treat other players like human crudding beings rather than insisting that everyone is somehow inferior to you. It doesn't make you sound more convincing, it just harbours grudges.

##Mods, confirmation as to whether Shoe's overemotional gaming is within the realms of not being lame? By this point she's simply starting to be rather insulting to other players.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2010, 12:36:23 AM »
I'm going to do this post without any fancy roleplay or anything.

I'm well aware that being antagonistic isn't helpful at best, and does cause problems with logic/reason at worst. It's a risk I took playing as Shoe, and not one that paid off too well. The information on my wagon SHOULD be fairly decent, but it'll be harder to prove that because of the emotional thing. But, Shoe is for all intents and purposes a self centered bitch. I've been playing her as such. Doesn't justify the playstyle, merely explains I was doing it less for mafia advantage and more for roleplay advantage. I am sure there are some people who can corrobate that if you know who they are. Not sure how much I should say since lol anonymafia, though it's pretty obvious who I am anyway. Either way, we should still pretend we don't know for the integrity of the game.

All that said, I do not see a vote based on that playstyle as particularly wise, especially given how obvious it was as roleplay. Regardless, I will back off that aspect of her personality in the future, since, in the end, the mafia game supercedes playing a character true to form. I invite you to call me out if I'm backsliding into antagonism, and such. I also think there are indeed two scum on my wagon. To be honest, John's honest reactions make me lean town on him at this time, despite some derp plays I'd more expect from scum.

So, as I said before, I'll back off. Can you all find it within yourselves to reassess and look for scumtells as opposed to someone who pisses you off?

@Roddy: Mea culpa, we're covering it. Honestly, that was just roleplay, and the tl;dr was basically my true proposal. But hopefully I've made it clearer here.  Either way, I agree that was a little out of line, so I'll apologize.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2010, 12:39:22 AM »
@Roddy: I have been talking to various people that have come to me in private about the happenings in this topic. I believe things will be dialed down for the future.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2010, 12:40:58 AM »
Actually, it's been a coincidence, that the scummiest people have been the one's voting me. Most of the town has noticed that the reasons for voting me are VERY lackluster. If that weren't the case, I'd be dead by now, or at least at L-1. You've even directly admitted it's mostly playstyle. You'd supposedly justified it, but I refuse to accept that. I think others refuse to accept it as well. Honestly, I'm not even sure you believe it so much as you just want my head.

I expect the townier amongst those on my wagon to at least have better justification at this point.

Let me try this. If you knew, without a doubt, I was town, how scummy would those on my wagon look to you? I realize it's a silly thought exercise that assumes an axiom only I have. But I hope it helps you see where I'm coming from at this point.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2010, 12:42:13 AM »
I'm going to assume that any action I'll take will only serve to implicate me further, so I guess there's really nothing to worry about anymore.

Mr. McClane (and others): Here's the truth: I guess I'm taking the "Easy Bandwagon Hop" route like Ms. Marimi said. I'm not too experienced at spotting liars or deceit, and at this point I can't see anything definitively wrong with anyone. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I'm allowed to not vote without being accused of scum intent, and at this point, the argument against Shoe was the best one.

##Unvote

Shoe's made an apology (or the closest thing to one) so I will admit that I had some personal bias against her. Apologies.

What can I say now? There's not much to say, really, considering that we're nearing the deadline. It looks like Mr. Makara is getting the lynch today unless everyone suddenly decides to change their votes, so I'll express my gratitude for his defending me, even though it didn't really end up benefiting either of us. I can't say for a fact that you aren't scum, but thanks anyway.

There's approximately three hours four hours left and I'm at a loss as to what I can do.

(I totally failed to understand the deadline here)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:08:53 AM by Steven Stone »

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2010, 12:43:48 AM »
There's a good kitty. Now restate your cases in a coherent manner without miring it in roleplay and ad hominem so even people with the attention span of Emiya Shirou can ken what you're saying.

Still no Gamzee, which has me very concerned that he's expecting Shoe's dramatics to dig her grave for her. Definitely sticking with him.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2010, 12:52:24 AM »
Oh, I forgot one thing. As a player, I do apologize for the abuse I've heaped on everyone so far. (Shoe...um...probably wouldn't get it, but hopefully you can accept my non Shoe apology).

(I'd also like to state that I actually asked Suwako whether I was causing issues AFTER I offered to back off,  so it wasn't purely just moderator action forcing me to capitulate, though it will necessitate I stick more to it)

Anyway, basically, the case on Sandor is that he wagon hops me to L-3 basically because he didn't like my attitude. This is first very weak for L-3, but also he doesn't really consider anyone else as a possibility. Why is he tunneling on me when there's been a wealth of information? This wouldn't matter as much if my wagon weren't so huge as is, but it was. So it was a thinly veiled wagon hop while there was no counterwagon. It reeks of following public sentiment and not actually scumhunting. Further, his suspicious disappearance is, well, suspicious.

Gamzee, well, I did actually mean most of what I said in the big post implicating him. He's caught squarely in the middle of some scummy hypocrisy. He's applying a tell to me that applies more strongly to him. Not all hypocrisy is scummy, but I believe that particular brand is. Further, his disappearance act after my implication says a LOT of bad things about him. The trouble is I just canNOT shake the noob feeling I'm getting from him. I'll push his lynch, since I feel logic is on my side but...I'm not happy with it, to be honest.

Evangeline has quite honestly just been shit stirring and changing events every time she posts something against me so she can be right. She's not trying to scumhunt, she's trying to get me to discredit myself. I realize I didn't say this before but I actually didn't realize it til now. Beyond that she hasn't expressed any other strong opinions.

Can I hold off on Stone until people have reacted to his latest post? I have a strong opinion on him now but I'd like to see what others say.

Anyway, I'm reasonably sure at least one, if not two out of the three I mentioned do not have the town's best interests at heart, and need to be thrown into the nearest fireball :3c.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2010, 12:57:13 AM »
Right, read up on John... not too concerned with him just yet. Main WIFOM fools remain Steven, Evangeline, SANDOR, and now Steven has me at a loss.

Steven. You can't just assume everyone's speaking the truth. Mafia is a game of lying and bluffing. You must pierce through that, and there's plenty. Put question marks when someone does something you don't agree with.

There's a bunch of allegations out there you can push. Look at others' cases. Do you agree? Do you disagree? If you view the cases, is there something they overlooked, or exaggerate? Are there people who haven't spoken up (enough)? How about Gamzee? Do you think he should be lynched?

Do you think Shoe should be lynched because his actions are scummy (i.e. lying, deceiving, trying to lead town by the nose and attacking an innocent lad) or do you think they're just plain aggressive? There's just... a lot of stuff on-going at the moment.

Heck, I'd love for someone to take StuffMan's tunnel vision under a loop but what can you do. (ps: this doesn't mean you should lol)

Just read the thread a little, skim some. Look at people who say something that make you think, "Wait... I don't follow". I can guarantee at least one person is going around lying their arse off trying to get someone lynched not because they think he's scum, but because they just want that person lynched. And that's scum. Find that person, hammer him down and get him lynched.

Get to it, soldier.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2010, 01:00:53 AM »
@McCLane: Sounds like a perfect ruse to get two clean people up?  Excuse me, only one person can be lynched per day, and scum is more likely to get caught up in two bandwagons instead of just one.  And defending someone is not a subjective thing, it is a very very active scumtell to me for reasons already explained.  Might as well say that he's scum.... or he's not.

===

In other words, all this schizophrenia about Steven, Stone and Sandor is bothering me quite a bit.  And it's affecting me too.  Why Sandor especially when it can be merely seen as noobish play?  Her lynch for today has a lesser chance of telling us anything, given her limited interactions with people.   McClane and Evengeline need to state their cases again in this latest development on Shoe, since Sandor's and Steven's seem to have melted down to nothing.  As much as I do not like the insulting Shoe has done, I do not like how everyone's cases seem to be have a less-than-subtle emotional tinge on them, and I want this to be weeded out.

Gamzee's absence in the Shoe back and forth is a little conspicuous as Roddy says.  I still think that that he is to be a better man for the lynch, but I am also fine with Shoe if needed.  Stone, Steven and Clangor are just too distant from the main action for me to care about for today by virtue of their inexperience or absence, and I think either Shoe's or Gamzee's flip will tell us more about them in D2.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2010, 01:02:25 AM »
Vote Chart

Shoe (3): Sailor Moon, Evangeline A.K. McDowell, John McClane, Gamzee Makara, Sandor Clegane, Steven Stone
Gamzee Makara (4): Roddy MacStew, Sailor Moon, Miyako Miyamura, Stone Mason
Sandor Clegane (2): Shannon, Shoe

No vote cast: Satoshi Hojo, Steven Stone

8 votes will lynch, so Gamzee is at L-4. About 4 1/2 hours to go in Day 1.

Satoshi has dropped out. If I do not find a replacement by the end of the day, he will be modkilled and have his card flipped. (Addendum: Given how late it is in the day, even if I do find a Satoshi replacement, they will still get modkilled unless they post something meaningful.)

Side note: Avatar change not a result of anything happening in the topic, but a result of someone telling me the other one was over the forum's size limit.

« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2010, 01:40:13 AM »
Shoe, you'd be surprised.  I've had a stupid good success rate using that aggressive play tell, and it's a scum tell I like to look for.  You've actually been pushing a lot of my scum buttons, from using random trains to try and push for attention away from people, to the aggressive play.  The RP may or may not have been a cover.

As for if I were assuming you were town, still doesn't mean that the people on you are necessarily scum, even if they are weak.  It is Day 1 after all.  From where I'm sitting, the votes on Gamzee are looking a lot weaker, in that one of them seems to have no reason (everyone on you barring Steve had a reason) and is from the scummiest looking person on the field.  And another, while I suspect  Miyako's vote is entirely sincere, regardless of which team she is on, is for reasons that I fundamentally disagree with.

Also, having read your posts, well.  If you're uneasy about Gamzee, join me on Mason.  I think the dirt on him is as hard as we're going to get today.  Sangor, reads less like a lurker and more like a guy who hates day 1, so I'm really watching for what he does Day 2 to make up my mind on him.

Steven, all I can tell is he's new.  And he still hasn't given me any whys.  I think I could be persuaded there now.

Now, Miyako.

You say that scum is more likely to get caught in two bandwagons than one.  I agree, but they're also more likely to be caught in three, or four even.  Whereas if scum gets lucky and two townies grab suspicion early, then if they promote two trains, then people are more likely to get caught up in the decision between which of those two looks worse, and forgets to look for the possibility that they may have missed someone else.

And I disagree with your views on defending people.  There is a great deal of things to look for when someone does that that can be scum tells, or town tells.  And may help expose a scum trying to attack someone.  And this doesn't rely on someone either failing to defend themselves through either a mistake or failing to catch something that someone else did, nor on having to wait for the person involved to show up.  As a final point, it's active.  When you defend, you promote discussion, and give people information about yourself, as well as about the person who attacked.

Finally, one thing I did notice thanks to Miyako there is that Mason was the tying vote until Steve came along.  And at a time when Shoe's momentum was dropping, and Gamzee's was going strong.  That is not something you should be doing as a "pressure vote" in the second half of the day with no ETA.

« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2010, 01:40:48 AM »
Sigh...and by ETA, I mean expected time of return.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2010, 01:44:46 AM »
Ugh, I want to stab Firefox. All the work of making a post lost because of a stupid misclick.

@Stone: Go with who you think is the most scummy, or who you feel has the best argument against them. From your post, it sounds like you still think Shoe stands out the most, and don't put much faith into Gamzee being scum ("I can't say for a fact that you aren't scum")

Evangeline: gets on bandwagon with DERP, stays on it with DERPFOM.

How does being the first non-joke vote (and the second vote on Shoe) count as getting on a bandwagon? ???

If you were so worried about 'terrorists' focusing the game on two people, why did it take you so long to stop tunneling on me to look at others? Why did you wait til there was less than 12.5% of the day left to effectively try to start a new wagon? This disorganization is REALLY bugging me at this point.

Your hypocrisy bugs me. Or do you not count your vote against Sandor as "starting a new wagon", especially after just getting done making a case against Gamzee?

McClane and Evengeline need to state their cases again in this latest development on Shoe, since Sandor's and Steven's seem to have melted down to nothing.  As much as I do not like the insulting Shoe has done, I do not like how everyone's cases seem to be have a less-than-subtle emotional tinge on them, and I want this to be weeded out.

My case against Shoe didn't build up because she was getting under my skin, but because of her actions. She batted around a weak case against Stone, then went full-force with a weak case against Gamzee, which... culminated in a vote against Sandor and an admittance that her attack on Gamzee was a clever ruse to root out real scum? What the hell? Nevermind that she's been guilty of the same thing she's been accusing other people of, holding back her D1 vote and calling her exchanges 'scumhunting', along with getting on Saki's case for late non-bandwagoning when that's exactly what she did with Sandor.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2010, 01:53:36 AM »
Oh, it looks like I left out this bit when I had to reconstruct my last post:

Evangeline has quite honestly just been shit stirring and changing events every time she posts something against me so she can be right. She's not trying to scumhunt, she's trying to get me to discredit myself. I realize I didn't say this before but I actually didn't realize it til now.

Give me some examples of the 'shit stirring' and 'changing events'. Please, i'm all ears.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2010, 01:59:58 AM »
YAY! More Evangeline trying to discredit me. Folks, if you need any more evidence, that last post was pretty damn good :3c. It's quite enjoyable how she completely ignores the fact my vote came with at least 25% of the day left, whereas the later votes came with close to 10% of the day. I'd say this is quite a difference. So, your hypocrisy holds no water. As for "holding back my D1 vote", it's more like my scum group has been so ridiculously scummy it was hard to choose.

How does my "clever ruse" further the goal of scum, may I ask? Why would I want to back off of the counterwagon that will likely save my life and instead go after someone who is harder to wagon? How does this help Shoe-scum? You're still not thinking this through.

If you sincerely have the town's interest at heart, I hope you're willing to look outside of me and find scum. So far you haven't demonstrated such a trait. Tunneling isn't necessarily scummy, but it is anti-town.

Face it. Your reasoning does not make sense if you are hunting scum.

@John: Trouble is in my experience aggression has tended to be a null tell. Rather, the direction of the aggression determined intent. I have nothing to hide, and feel my aggression, while overly hostile, has still been pointed in a townie direction. The only problem is the emotional noise I cultivated with my hyperaggression, which should hopefully dissipate now that I've decided to kinda stop that.

I feel that voting Stone would not be optimal at this point. Given the direction of my posts thus far, I'd effectively be almost capriciously switching to Stone and abandoning several cases, two of which are more likely to reach a solid majority lynch. Well...maybe one. I'd like to think the anti-Sandor sentiment will actually show in votes, but as we approach deadline that doesn't seem likely. Stone doesn't register as bad to me, I guess. I also am convinced that my wagon has at least one scum, as I've said, so voting outside my wagon would also be counterproductive at this juncture.

Anyway, at this point Evangaline stands out as scummier than Sandor. She's not trying to lynch scum, she's trying to lynch Shoe. Her entire game has been spent on a mad discreditation mission, rather than actual casing. We're also about...two hours? from deadline. Which means I have to surrender my Sandor vote if I want a chance at a majority lynch.

##Unvote, ##Vote Gamzee

I'm fully aware despite my sentiments the vote is what matters, and I'm fully responsible for it. I'll take that responsibility.

Oh, Evangeline ninja: Well, what's funny is, you haven't provided any examples of what you accuse me of yourself. Despite me asking for them earlier. So how about I propose a trade, my dear. You post yours and I'll post mine :3c. It'll take me a bit to collate it anyway.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2010, 02:02:54 AM »
From your post, it sounds like you still think Shoe stands out the most, and don't put much faith into Gamzee being scum ("I can't say for a fact that you aren't scum")
I don't like how you're trying to lead Steven into agreeing with you rather than letting him speak for himself. Something to look over D2, but I'm catching a hint of crud here.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2010, 02:50:06 AM »
Vote Chart

Shoe (3): Sailor Moon, Evangeline A.K. McDowell, John McClane, Gamzee Makara, Sandor Clegane, Steven Stone
Gamzee Makara (5): Roddy MacStew, Sailor Moon, Miyako Miyamura, Stone Mason, Shoe
Sandor Clegane (1): Shannon, Shoe

8 votes will lynch, so Gamzee is at L-5. About 2 1/2 hours to go in Day 1.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2010, 02:51:20 AM »
How does my "clever ruse" further the goal of scum, may I ask? Why would I want to back off of the counterwagon that will likely save my life and instead go after someone who is harder to wagon? How does this help Shoe-scum? You're still not thinking this through.

You never backed off the counterwagon, since you said you "prefer a Sandor lynch, but will easily support a Gamzee lynch". And backing off helps Shoe-scum because it lets you avoid having a vote stuck on a townie, yet still gives you an excuse if you have to move your vote later. You and Gamzee at L-4 looks bad, but less so when you still have a vote up your sleeve. And here's proof of your hypocrisy, along with pointing out how poor your defense of that hypocrisy was.

We don't have a lot of time, but at this point I prefer a Sandor lynch, but will easily support a Gamzee lynch, since it would be foolish to completely ignore everything I dug up in favor of a gut feeling.

##Unvote, ##Vote Sandor

(Keep in mind that this vote occurred 4.5 hours before the Saki vote, At T-11 and T-6.5)

YAY! More Evangeline trying to discredit me. Folks, if you need any more evidence, that last post was pretty damn good :3c. It's quite enjoyable how she completely ignores the fact my vote came with at least 25% of the day left, whereas the later votes came with close to 10% of the day. I'd say this is quite a difference. So, your hypocrisy holds no water.

'T-6.5 vs T-11' don't seem as 'quite the difference' when you put it that way, does it? And for someone who spouts probabilities, you seem to be terrible at proportions. T-11 = 22.9% of the day left, and T-6.5 = 13.5%. So indeed, it does seem less if you don't break it down into vague percentages (of which your 'at least 25% of the day' comment being just plain wrong') Hell, you commented yourself when you voted Sandor that "We don't have a lot of time".

Oh, Evangeline ninja: Well, what's funny is, you haven't provided any examples of what you accuse me of yourself. Despite me asking for them earlier. So how about I propose a trade, my dear. You post yours and I'll post mine :3c. It'll take me a bit to collate it anyway.

This *really* feels like you're trying to dodge around answering me. I gave you some proof above, so explain the "'shit stirring' and 'changing events'". I mean, after all:

We don't have a lot of time

:3

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2010, 03:00:03 AM »
I backed off long enough to try to get a Sandor lynch. That's what counts. Since, you know, my vote was on Sandor. Also, turns out my deadline calculations were off by an hour, but that doesn't really matter if you actually pay attention to the game. The 11 or 12 hours I had were still a lot more than the 6 Saki had. At 11/12 hours the manifest inactivity wasn't completely apparent. But keep trying, I might have some green stars :3c.

And, nah, you show your work first. You never answered my question from awhile ago. You know

However, I am not an unreasonable kitty. I want you to prove me wrong. Link me to EVERY allegation you level against me, rather, to every point where I've committed it. It's highly doubtful you even CAN, given your propensity towards bullshit, to use a vulgar term, but on the off chance you come up with something, I'd very much like to fire a few magic missiles at it and reveal it's inaccuracy explicitly.

This one. The one you've conveniently ignored. Because you can't back up anything.

You have to give to get, and I asked first. As it happens, I do have a post ready I'll probably post before the end of D1, but I'd rather get something useful from you before you try to distract the issue at hand again.

« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2010, 03:14:16 AM »
Looks like I'm also going to have to back off.  Reviewed the Gamzee case, and it seems to be "Last person on a weak case" which I just can't stand behind.  So, it'll be going back to Shoe for me.

##Unvote: Mason, ##Vote: Shoe

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2010, 03:39:52 AM »
Give me a break, Miyako. You really think I'd vote someone for such a flimsy reason as that? Why don't you take a quick look back to when I voted you; it's all there.

As for the rest of you headaches... *sigh* Where do I even begin?

I think... that today has been mostly fluff. Also that I haven't actually had time to comb through it all, nor will I before day's end. As such, in the first 3 pages (90 posts) I haven't seen anything worth changing my mind. So, I won't. If somebody wants to try and change my mind, go ahead, but I'm not swimming through any more crud before the end of the day, so you'll have to be a little more direct than what I've seen so far.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2010, 03:48:17 AM »
I HATE IT WHEN SHIT COMES UP AND STOPS ME FROM POSTING IN MAFIA!

Anyway, had to skim the topic to get this post in, know there's not much time left in the day, figured I'd at least clarify my position on the off chance it sways anyone.  It's not that I thought Shoe's abrasiveness made her scum, 'cause I'm full aware of who she is.  It's that I think she knew full well that she was being more abrasive than acceptable, given her history, and that she was using her transparent identity as an excuse to be that way and call it harmless meta.  Posting huge insulting walls of text and then sitting back and waiting to see who makes enough of an ass of himself to get lynched is a scummy tactic.  I'm keeping my vote where it is.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2010, 03:51:48 AM »
* Shoe sighs.

Was hoping for better than that. Then again, I guess since that appears to be the party line for those voting me, I can't expect a whole lot. Have fun trying to lynch (temporarily) annoying town rather than actual scum. And pretty much outright admitting that's what you're doing, no matter how you try to pretty it up. It will bite you in the ass QUITE hard in the future if this lynch somehow goes through. VERY friggen hard. You're already getting a ton of flack for your crappy vote. Acting like it's justifiable is just diggin the hole deeper guy.

Evangaline has nine minutes to respond before I go to bed. I'll post my stuff, but her delayed response heavily implies she was doing exactly what I said she would, i.e. attempting to distract from the issue so she can get away with it.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2010, 04:05:11 AM »
Vote Chart

Shoe (4): Sailor Moon, Evangeline A.K. McDowell, John McClane, Gamzee Makara, Sandor Clegane, Steven Stone, John McClane
Stone Mason (0): Stuff Man, John McClane, Miyako Miyamura, John McClane
Gamzee Makara (5): Roddy MacStew, Sailor Moon, Miyako Miyamura, Stone Mason, Shoe
Sandor Clegane (1): Shannon, Shoe

8 votes will lynch, so Gamzee is at L-3 and Shoe is at L-4. About 75 minutes to go in Day 1.

Satoshi will be modkilled at the end of the day.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:08:50 AM by Suwako Moriya »

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2010, 04:14:01 AM »
The post I'll be sending Evangeline once she puts up.

Your first lolwut reasoning. Obviously the implication is you think that I'm scum for attacking Steven. But further, the implication is that my walls of text are scummy. You don't out right say this though, which is interesting. Either way, it's the first attempt in a long series of events to discredit me.

And Boom, subtle shift. It's no longer about the WoTs or speculation, it's now "How far will Shoe go with an early D1 case on Steven Stone, because early D1 cases have to have AIRTIGHT LOGIC >=[!" Then you basically attack me for some roleplay reasons, and try to draw reasoning for a town read out of me. That's actually a mild scumtell, since towntells are the kind of thing scum want to know so as to emulate them. But, mild, anyway.

Oh manz, it's another shift. Bear in mind this is around 12ish hours before deadline. The time for weak reasoning has passed. Your second paragraph is blatantly false, as I believe my "guns" turned to those jumping on my case later in the bandwagon for weak reasons.

Quote from: Evangeline
Also, where's your vote on Gamzee anyway? Does the idea of being third on this bandwagon worry you if he flips town?

And here's the shitstirring. I shouldn't have capitulated to it actually, since you drew out my trap before it could be sprung. A miscalculation on my part. It feels very much as if you were trying to coax that out of me so that you could fling more shit at me on your discreditation campaign.

Moar misrep. You completely ignore the fact Sandor, Gamzee, AND you were lurking your way out of explaining yourselves. And that Sandor and Gamzee both STILL lack replies. I provided solid reasoning for why I wasn't voting a solid suspect yet. You just ignore it because it's inconvenient.

And, of course, your latest two posts are another blatantly false discrediation mission.

You've spent the entire game telling everyone I'm scum and...not a whole lot else. You also never explained my scum intent in my actions. Your case is fail, and the way you are pushing it reads as scum intent to get a polarizing mislynch, since, hey, it was pretty obvious I was going to be an annoying figure, and get votes on me to shut me the hell up. (Actually, debatable, for some reason this didn't occur to me til later :V)

And, finally, there's the fact Evangaline CONVENIENTLY failed to post what I asked for before I posted this, because, once again, she doesn't have anything. Hope you all make the right choice in the next hour and a half. Even if I'm lynched, I really hope you take time to look at the arguments against me and realize how ludicrously scummy most of them are.

I'll also reveal that Steven's unvote heavily implies Newb town to me, but I'd like him to make a vote before the day is over, since it is kinda bad to be without a vote at this juncture. I held back because I was hoping someone would attack him for it and we could get some information.

So, parting shot.

Evangaline and Sandor. At least one is scum. If I'm lynched I advise a second look at Gamzee as well, since at least then you'll have my flip information. Look at someone who's been defending me as well. I'm not sure who, since I've admittedly been focusing on my attackers. And, of course, remember vote analysis should be a solid weapon no matter who gets lynched.

Oh, also, swing vote is gonna be critical. If I'm lynched, the swing vote is more likely to be scum.

Honestly, I can't think of anything to add. Make the right choice. I'd like to have faith in you all, you know.

(Sorry about the delay, was waiting for a civility test on a couple things)