Author Topic: Subterranean Animism Mafia - GOOD END  (Read 37782 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Subterranean Animism Mafia - GOOD END
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2010, 11:08:56 PM »
laffo

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2010, 11:09:03 PM »
I feel kinda bad for scum team since Satori's posting record was largely due to health concerns.

Then again, Reimu and Yuugi shouldn't have tied themselves to her so blatantly, so. >_>
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2010, 11:11:54 PM »
So how many people saw me post on the wrong account 5 times

Seriously, for the last few days I've been looking up at my account numerous times in a row to make sure it's not the wrong one, and STILL feel worried it'll be the wrong one when I post ;_;

<Kitten4u>I make my rules sound worse then they really are, so people will be less likely to break them >_>
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2010, 11:14:20 PM »
It's Zak's last game here for probably quite a while too. I'm sorry it wasn't better, bro :qq:

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2010, 11:14:40 PM »
Scum roles:

Quote from: Reimu Hakurei
... why am I always surrounded by people like this?

Why does no one ever seem to donate to your shrine even when you work really hard to save their useless asses on a regular basis?  You even let them have mooch off of the resources your little bit of money can buy and you let them have parties that almost always trash the shrine!  Have they ever once thanked you for this?  Have they ever once given you even a small amount of Yen?  NO!  You?ve  practically spent the last few month living on leaves!  Forget solving any more incidents, let?s see how they like it when YOU are the one causing it and YOU won?t be there to stop it for them!

You are Reimu Hakurei Scum Grumpy, Underappreciated Shrine Maiden and you have the following abilities:

Border World "Hakurei Danmaku Bounded Field": You are a member of the scum team with Yuugi Hoshiguma and Satori Komeiji.  You may communicate at any time in this QT

Dream Sign "Evil Sealing Circle": You have the ability to seal someone?s ability every night!  Select whose power you want to seal and any night action they have will fail.

Dream Sign "Fantasy Dimensional Rift": You are able to make someone lose their playable status!  By creating this dimensional rift you are able to force them to have tea in the morning.  This may be overkill, but it?s really entertaining.  You cannot send both the mafia factional kill and role block someone unless Yuugi Hoshiguma is drinking tea with the moderators.

You win when the Mafia outnumbers the town or when nothing can prevent the same from happening.  Confirm in the thread.  Good luck!

Quote from: Satori Komeiji
Now, arm your heart, and do battle against your own feelings!

Things get pretty boring underground sometimes, and you have to do SOMETHING to keep yourself amused.  What better way than to freak everyone out by causing some incident that sounds really scary, but won?t actually hurt anyone?  Things certainly did get interesting.  Instead of a 1 on 1 spell card battle like you were expecting a whole bunch of people gathered to play this Mafia thing.  That means you can read the danmaku in the hearts of nine people instead of just one~

You are Satori Komeiji Scum Troll and you have the following abilities:

Recollection "Terrible Souvenir": You  are a member of the scum team with Yuugi Hoshiguma and Reimu Hakurei.  You may communicate at any time in this QT.

Recollection "Terrifying Hypnotism" : Every night you can silently watch someone and read their mind.  This will let you discover what that person?s role is. 

Recollection "Vague Recollection of Kinkaku-ji": You have the ability to make someone give up their playable status through sheer irritation!  Seriously, people were cursing ZUN when Kaguya had this card in the first Shoot the Bullet, just imagine what they thought when he gave it to you!  You may not perform the Mafia factional kill and role cop someone unless Yuugi Hoshiguma is drinking tea with the moderators.

You win when the Mafia outnumbers the town or nothing can prevent the same.  Confirm in thread.  Good luck!

Quote from: Yuugi Hoshiguma
I only forgive the strong and the brave!

Yeah, so some people said something about doing something fun that would make people want to fight and stuff.  You don?t really remember the conversation very well because you were really drunk at the time.  Did they mention this weird ?Mafia? thing in that conversation?  Because this isn?t fighting at all.  Ah well, seeing how smart they are could be interesting too?

You are Yuugi Hoshiguma Scum Drunken Oni and you have the following abilities:

Oni Sign "Mysterious Powers and Disrupting Spirits": You are a member of the scum team with Reimu Hakurei and Satori Komeiji.  You may communicate at any time in this QT

Four Devas Arcanum "Knock Out In Three Steps": This let?s you force someone to give up their playable status!  Let?s face it, they?ll be way too unconscious after dealing with your drunken fist to be able to keep playing.  Unfortunately, you spent so long perfecting this ability that you can?t really do anything else, so you?re basically a Mafia Goon.

You win when the mafia outnumbers the town or nothing can prevent the same.  Confirm in the thread.  Good luck!

Notes: Both of the scum PRs were important to game balance, so I didn't want them to have to decide between using their ability and sending the NK.  I also didn't want to be unfair to the town tracker, so I thought this compromise worked well.

Town PRs:

Quote from: Yamame Kurodani
You're pretty interesting.
I like you, let's play!

Geez, how do you keep getting into all these weird situations?  First, you just invited some weird humans to a party and they randomly attacked you, and this time you were just sleeping and people starting yelling at you saying that you could have caused this weird incident they were babbling about!  People can be so rude sometimes.  But evil spirits coming out of the real hell is pretty bad news, so you should probably help anyway.  Something like that could actually make someone lose their playable status!  Good thing you?ve been preparing a ?disease? that prevents that?

You are Yamame Kurodani Totally Kind and Loving Townie Doctor and you have the following ability:

Miasma Sign "Filled Miasma": You can fill the area near one person with this weird, invisible miasma.  But this isn?t bad for them!  They will be protected from all harm!  No one will be drinking any tea with the moderators on your watch!  Let?s just hope you protect the right person?

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.  Confirm in the thread.  Good luck!

Quote from: Parsee Mizuhashi
I don't have anything against you, but I can make up lots of reasons to attack you.

You were picked?LAST?  What blasphemy is this?!  You?re so jealous of the people that got picked before you that you just want to beat them up!  But, before you went and did something stupid like that this weird ?Mafia? game thing was proposed.  There was a much better way to channel your jealous rage.  YOU WILL BE THE BEST TOWNIE EVER AND THEY WILL ALL BE JEALOUS OF YOUR AWESOME TOWNIENESS!

You are Parsee Mizuhashi Townie Jealous Stalker and you have the following ability:

Envy "Green-Eyed Invisible Monster": Every night you can channel you jealousy and create an invisible, physical manifestation of it.  This monster will follow anyone you want and will report who they target back to you.  After all, the bad guys are surely going to act again right?  It would be totally anti-climactic if they didn?t.  And once they do YOU WILL BE READY.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.  Confirm in the thread.  Good luck!

Quote from: Suwako Moriya
i]You need something from me? Well, that's unusual.[/i]

Geez, Kanako never tells you anything!  Was she planning something with hell this time?  Well, whatever, she?s out shopping, so you can?t ask her until she gets back.  You might as well try to figure out the culprit yourself.  Besides, you?re kind of bored and when gods get bored they play!

You are Suwako Moriya Townie Moe, Upbeat, Immortal Goddess and you have the following ability:

Native God "Froggy Braves the Elements": You can survive anything!  Seriously, there?s no way Kitten4u will let you give up your playable status; she likes you way too much!  So, whenever you?re forced to drink tea and lose your playable status you can continue to make cameo appearances.  You can?t talk, but you can still vote and your vote will always count!

Vanillas

Quote from: Marisa Kirisame
See, all we've done is beat up someone completely unrelated.

Incidents? *yawn*  You?ve only been solving them for like ever.  But this Mafia thing really is an interesting twist.  Good thing you have all these magic--Wait, who stole your magical items?  Well, isn?t THAT ironic?

You are Marisa Kirisame Townie Ordinary Magician.  You have your voice and your vote, but no special powers.

Quote from: Kisume
?

So some bad thing happened underground again?  Well, this time you?re going to be more prepared because being a stage 1 midboss kind of sucks.  You?ve got this really cool plan lined up and no one will be able to stop it!  Eh?  Mafia?  What?s that?  EH?!  You can?t use your really cool plan in that way!  What a drag?

You are Kisume Townie Bucket Loli.  You have your voice and your vote, but no special abilities.

Quote from: Orin
Tada~

Carrying around corpses is so much fun~  You were so excited when you heard about this Mafia thing because it involved lynching people!  Your cart will be getting pretty full by the end of the week huh?  Eh?  What?s that?  The people that we ?lynch? only have to have a tea party with the moderators?  They don?t actually DIE?  This is really sad, but maybe you can convince them to let you have the bad guy?s corpses later?

You are Orin Townie Heroic Sociopath.  You have your voice and your vote but no special powers.

Quote from: Utsuho Reiuji
The ultimate energy is nuclear fusion power!
Won't you fuse with me?

Well, you?re not supposed to use your nuclear power to blow stuff up anymore, so you?re not really sure what to do with this whole Mafia thing since you can?t just incinerate all the bad guys.  Well, you do have that one thing in your head?that one thing that lets you think.  What was it called again?

You are Utsuho Reiuji Townie Nuclear Birdbrain.  You have your voice and your vote, but no special abilities.

Quote from: Koishi Komeiji
I can't read minds like my sister.
Please talk to me with words I can hear.

This is great, you get to help solve an incident yourself!  You have this really neat, ultimate power that will catch all the scum, save all the townies, and make delicious tea and cookies at the same time!  Unfortunately, it was sealed away when you closed your third eye.  Way to go hero.

You are Koishi Komeiji Love-obsessed Townie.  You have you voice and your vote, but no special powers. 

Quote from: Sanae Kochiya
You can't let yourself be trapped by common sense in Gensokyo, right?

You?re pretty sure that Kanako didn?t do anything with Hell, so you don?t really get what?s going on right now.  It doesn?t really matter though right?  It?s your duty as a shrine maiden to solve these incidents to get more worshipers for Kanako!  Besides, Youkai hunting is pretty fun.  Though, not all the people here are youkai are they?

You are Sanae Kochiya Townie Good Girl.  You have your voice and your vote, but no special powers.

My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2010, 11:15:50 PM »
Also, player list!

1.) Reimu Hakurei - Edible
2.) Marisa Kirisame - Demonbman
3.) Kisume - ventuswings
4.) Yamame Kurodani - Choja/Sodium
5.) Parsee Mizuhashi - Yoshiken (Guy's never played here before and had all of three D1 posts even he wasn't happy with and still drew the N1 NK. Nice job, duder.)
6.) Yuugi Hoshiguma - Pesco
7.) Satori Komeiji - Zakeri
8.) Orin - Kefit/Alice (bofh why did you give yourself away immediately by linking to some obscure chemical's Wikipedia page in your only post)
9.) Utsuho Reiuji - huh what
10.) Koishi Komeiji - NeoSerela
11.) Sanae Kochiya - VgameT
12.) Suwako Moriya - Serpentarius

Seriously, for the last few days I've been looking up at my account numerous times in a row to make sure it's not the wrong one, and STILL feel worried it'll be the wrong one when I post ;_;

Yeah, I think going without the "post with wrong account = modkill" rule in the future would be wise. I know pesco was mildly upset that it wasn't getting enforced, but by the time he brought it up no less than five people would have been hit by it, and that's a lot to ask of any mod.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:18:51 PM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2010, 11:22:47 PM »
So, it's over. Suppose I should ask the obvious question - is this game any less rage inducing than ordinary mafia? >_>

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »
Night actions

N1:
Yamame protects Sanae
Reimu blocks Yamame
Yuugi kills Parsee
Satori rolecops Sanae
Parsee tracks Satori

N2:
Yuugi kills Suwako
Reimu blocks Orin
Yamame protects Sanae

N3:
Yamame protects Sanae
Yuugi kills Sanae

Real players:

Er, cut by Kilga with the list. :P

Notes:

Yeeeah, I'll probably ax the "post with the wrong account = modkill" rule in the future.  This was just how I had always seen it done.

And next time I mod I'll make sure I have more than "oh hey, running a game based on my favorite Touhou game sounds fun!" before adding myself to the queue.  My brain was totally fried after writing that many role PMs at once.  I'm surprised that Suwako's (the one I wrote last) is even readable.

I'm still a total pansy admin/mod.  I really should have just modkilled Orin even if she was barely dodging prods. >__>
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2010, 11:25:19 PM »
I would like to thank the players of this mafia game for making my first time so, interesting.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »
Reading through this topic is like having an out-of-body experience.

At least Snake Man did me proud.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2010, 11:27:36 PM »
So, it's over. Suppose I should ask the obvious question - is this game any less rage inducing than ordinary mafia? >_>

Seems like it was fairly calm to me.

Edible

« Reply #221 on: July 16, 2010, 11:32:41 PM »
No excuses for scum losing, I played really poorly.  Pretty hilarious that Utsuho hammered me before I could convince the doc to counterclaim more than he already had.

Also, anonymafia is awesome, but I guessed more players than I didn't.  Still awesome though, just require extra setup.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2010, 11:37:18 PM »
oh man brofist to sodium for watching my back all game :>>

e: also, bummed that I never used sanaerollyeyes.jpg
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:41:38 PM by VgameT »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2010, 11:37:47 PM »
Yeah, this was a pretty calm game. Except for maybe that one post where I beat my head against a desk and declared that I was giving up :derp:

Okay, now I can find scum, I just need to learn not to look like fucking crap while I do it. Or waffle so consistently it becomes meta, like Kefit/Alice lurkiness and Pesco's mindhax. Because I'm a waffler in RL too, I cave in to other people's desires so easily and willingly ;_; I don't know if I could make myself temporarily stop for Mafia posting...

also, lol self voting, every single game where I've been town I do something that I KNOW is going to make me look bad, yet knowing this, I do it anyway. At least this time I had some degree of justification, even though it's still stupid >_>
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2010, 11:38:58 PM »
Wow I suck at guessing :V Well, Koishi WAS my second choice for Serela, but hurf.

Anyway I've been really stupid all game so uh. Sorry to scum for the derphammer.

VGameT: You do realize Sodium replaced him, right? Choja never actually posted.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #225 on: July 16, 2010, 11:39:23 PM »

Why should any game have to be rage inducing?

oh man brofist to choja for watching my back all game :>>

Choja ditched after one post. It was all Sodium.

« Reply #226 on: July 16, 2010, 11:42:03 PM »
Also, out of curiosity, did anybody guess me right? :x

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #227 on: July 16, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »
The only guess I did was guessing that Suwako was Orin. There was a reason for this that I forgot.

This was done before confirmation started, of course. Wow, derpaderp.

I have a crack theory I made up on d2 to justify it, though. Gtg for now, I'll write it up on a few hours :V

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #228 on: July 16, 2010, 11:45:31 PM »
Quote from: Pesco
Choja ditched after one post. It was all Sodium.
Every Yamame post was Sodium.  Choja never even confirmed.  I think he said he was having internet issues though, so I wouldn't hold that against him.

Quote from: huh what
Also, out of curiosity, did anybody guess me right? :x
I didn't get that many guesses actually. :(  I don't think anyone guessed you right.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Edible

« Reply #229 on: July 16, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »
I didn't guess for Utsuho at all.  My other guesses were all correct except Sanae, who I thought was Rou.

« Reply #230 on: July 16, 2010, 11:49:59 PM »
Also, Sodium was really easy to guess. Next time we play anonymafia somebody should imitate him the whole game. They could probably get away with it.

I just read the scumtopic. Sadface at people thinking I'm Serela :< Serela himself should have been able to guess who I was based on my first vote, hurrdurr.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #231 on: July 16, 2010, 11:51:29 PM »
I almost never post here in general and the last game of mafia I was in was during september 09 so I didn't even try to guess anyone :G

« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2010, 12:20:59 AM »
I was really hoping I could link myself to Koishi and Orin near the end of day 2. I tried my hardest.

Yeah, I wasn't reading any of Reimu's posts at all, which is why I said "I was the only one going after Yamame". I truly thought I was. I probably would have backed down if I had known Reimu was helping me. I didn't want to admit that I wasn't reading Reimu's posts because since I was about to flip scum, I didn't want to link myself more than I already had. We just had a REALLY poorly co-ordinated day one.

I really was pretty much out of it completely until just before the end of day 2. my teeth are feeling a lot better now, though.

Congratulations town on rooting out Reimu and Yuugi even though we were so close to the Koishi lynch. You guys pretty much deserved it after Reimu was lynched, even if it was an accidental quicklynch. The lynch on me sort of pisses me off, though, since the logical thing to do on day 2 with a town flip is to analyze the people on the wagon, rather than continue to pursue your day one cases. But Congratulations none the less.

I just wish the last game before my Hiatus I could have played a lot better than I was able to. Sorry everyone.

Edible

« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2010, 12:25:43 AM »
Also, dunno if anyone has made the connection yet but not a single person on Kisume's lynch was scum.  Haha! :derp:

« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2010, 12:27:16 AM »
Also, dunno if anyone has made the connection yet but not a single person on Kisume's lynch was scum.  Haha! :derp:
I did say something along the lines of "If Reimu and Yuugi are scum then Reimu's ignorance of everybody off the Kisume wagon worked out nicely for her since she was less obligated to take a stance on her buddies" in my accidentalhammerpost, but it was in a ball of tldr and hurrdurr.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2010, 12:28:25 AM »
Just remembered to read the scum quicktopic!

Oh wow, Pesco actually thought I was a cop :] I feel warm and fuzzy inside~

So awesome  :V

« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2010, 12:37:52 AM »
Quote from: Kilgamayan
8.) Orin - Heavy Lurker/Heavier Lurker
Oh, that makes sense.

Quote from: Neo Serela
So awesome :V
I know, right?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2010, 12:41:01 AM »
When I told Kefit that Rin was available he immediately forgot that he was on a strict eight-hours-a-day schedule in studying for his bar exams. Then he played for a couple of real-life days and remembered. >_>

Don't know why bofh subbed in, to be honest, since he's been on the study clock for some time now and he knows it.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2010, 01:10:18 AM »
Yeah, I didn't really bother hiding my identity. It was the reason I didn't want the replacement to be announced, but too much effort to try and write in another way.

VGT: I thought you were Kiro or something. Too Townie. Oh well, Third time was the charm, so yeah.

HW: See above, except minus the doctoring stuff, and add lolHammer, making counterclaims pointless.

Zak: Sorry about all the crap you're going through in real life. =|

demonbman: >_>

bofh: Complain about replacement announcement in Anonymafia, Give self away in first post :Advice Momiji:

Utsuho = Sanae, Reimu = Yuugi. Thus, VGT = HW, Edible = Pesco.

All my guesses were wrong except bofh, and he didn't even bother hiding it. Even then I wasn't sure it was him because on #sm, he was apparently busy doing something.

It's like that time where Suwako was lynched D1, but this time town actually caught on to the fact that everyone on it was town.

Well, anonymafia was fun. Could've used more modkills, especially Orin, but it was a nice learning experience for future games. I'd say there should be a one post warning, then modkill, but NS broke that 3 times, so yeah. >_>

« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2010, 01:20:50 AM »
REPLACE INACTIVE PLAYERS, MAKE ADVICE DOGS OF EVERYBODY ELSE :AdviceYamame:

Utsuho = Sanae, Reimu = Yuugi. Thus, VGT = HW, Edible = Pesco.
I have no idea what you're saying here