Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 150688 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:11:58 PM »
<_<

>_>

._.

V_V

I am in despair! This never-ending series of pain has left me in despair!

Post about times when you are in despair thanks to Touhou.

Last thread.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:56:59 PM by Vita »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

Re: Touhou Despair Thread Mk. 8
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:19:28 PM »
oh yes

Last night I fought for a few hours attempting to unlock stage 6 UFO for practice.

After 23840723 tries, hit LFS.

[00:45] <Drake> LFS 0/0
[00:45] <Drake> tasing this
[00:45] <Drake> fuck it
[00:45] <PurvisHasLeftThisTimestream> *GO GO GO!*
[00:46] <Drake> aaaaand ufo crashed because UAC
[00:46] <Drake> i hate everything
[00:46] <PurvisHasLeftThisTimestream> *Oh god*
[00:46] <Herasy> eh?
[00:46] <Drake>  nb nb bn nb nb
[00:46] <Drake> this is my head hitting my keyboard
[00:46] <Drake>  b b b b b b njmjmnjjmhnjmhunnhujmjhumnnhuj

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:22:33 PM »
Other thread has not reached 1k; what are you doing.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »
Youmu. That is all.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 01:16:41 AM »
Why do I have so much trouble beating SA Hard with MarisaB? I've done it with everyone else, but after 15 attempts (+ several stage 1 retrys) I still haven't been able to do it with her. Somewhere between those attempts I decided to skip to MarisaC and cleared the game in 3 tries even if she's supposed to be worse shot type, so it's not just about me having bad days.

I feel like I should do this before moving on to other games, but I also feel that this mentality will lead to many many failed attempts. Some months ago I had similiar streak in UFO Normal with MarisaB that took something like 30 tries to finally beat the game.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 01:26:13 AM »
and I was THIS CLOSE to beating Koishi
WHYWHYWHY do I have to derp death multiple times in Subterranean Rose instead of bombing?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 01:51:05 AM »
Donut is cheater >:O

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

ebarrett

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 02:19:40 AM »
Completely random "hey let's have some fun instead of failing horribly at UFO" moment, played some PCB. First time I played anything PCB in a few months.

After a couple of false starts for each, 2DNBNBB stage 3 (died near the end of the stage, which I simply didn't remember at all, and at Alice's first boss nonspell - DERP) and 2DNBNBB stage 6 (deaths at the pre-Youmu spam, and near the end of Resurrection Butterfly). I'm not mad at failing to perfect the stages, by the way - I'm mad at UFO, why am I so inept at it when I can probably steamroll over most of the other games.  :(

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 02:27:15 AM »
Ran. Ran Yakumo. RAN F***ING YAKUMO! Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser, 12 General Gods and Charming Seige. Damn it. *wanders off to the rant thread while cursing Ran to Makai*

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 02:41:43 AM »
Post about times when you are in despair thanks to Touhou.
Right now.

Everything. Absolutely everything. Add to that, no part of even trying to get something decent felt fun. For the third time in a row.

Please don't tell me that I'm starting to grow tired of Touhou again. I don't want this to happen. :(
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 03:27:43 AM »
Can't play EoSD Extra at all today. ;_;

On the other hand, I was getting tired of U.N. Owen, so I shut off the music and put my iTunes on shuffle. As soon as I got to Flandre, iTunes started playing U.N. Owen :V

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 04:55:20 AM »
Ran. Ran Yakumo. RAN F***ING YAKUMO! Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser, 12 General Gods and Charming Seige. Damn it. *wanders off to the rant thread while cursing Ran to Makai*

Those first two spells are pretty easy if you know what you're doing.  Charming Siege does blow though.

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 07:25:48 AM »
why am I so inept at it when I can probably steamroll over most of the other games.  :(

Welcome to my world.

EDIT:

Nggghh.... fuck you Youmu. Why can't you just let me get that blasted timeout?!!!
I think i have more 1DNB timeouts of Hell God Sword than the amount of bullets present in said spellcard.
Constantly getting screwed over just once every time i attempt the attack is getting very annoying because i always get so fucking close!

Two times! Two times i got the timer down to 1 or 0 seconds and getting hit just before the card ended. Damn it!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:56:37 AM by Zengeku the Viking »

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 09:07:54 AM »
Woo, I tried UFO Normal with SanaeB with a controller, got to Shou, "Haha I'm at 5/2 Shou! I'll beat you" Game Over her openner.....[XXXXXX]

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 09:39:10 AM »
Eh... make that 6 instances of getting HGS to 0 seconds. Its getting dreadfully annoying but looking at the bright side, considering how i'm getting more of those last second failures at a faster rate must mean that i'm getting close!

Woo, I tried UFO Normal with SanaeB with a controller, got to Shou, "Haha I'm at 5/2 Shou! I'll beat you" Game Over her openner.....[XXXXXX]

I'm not trying to be elitist here but... how did that happen :o

You lost 5 lives without bombing? And without killing the attack before? How is that even possible? Did you attempt facifism or something?

In any case though, fuck that must be horrible. Losing a 1cc because of dying 5 times to the same attack when you could have bombed. Yuck.

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 09:51:50 AM »
The problem is that I kinda mapped the Bomb key to the Y button on the controller (its an 360 Wired), so the time it took to get my finger up there I was already dead, that made me die about 3 times, the other times I just soared into the red lasers  :derp:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 11:57:22 AM »
Nobody told me that just NOT SHOOTING ANYTHING makes PoDD loleasy. ):

brb seeing how this works out for Chiyuri and Yumemi
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 12:29:08 PM »
Sort of Touhou-related.

anonymousxxxxxx. Damn troll. Typical touhou vs. cave rant. This guy called Touhou garbage because it wasn't like arcade shmups. Tried to make him realize that those two kinds of games can't be compared because of how different they are. Gets a response that says that Cave is for those who like good games and Touhou is for those who likes crappy games, get's labelled a weeaboo and gets blocked because he couldn't convince me that his opinion is truth. That's not how you discuss something. You talk about it and then you get to an agreement or accept that the other one disagrees and end a discussion the proper way.

I don't care about this but he is still a fucking idiot.

Rant over.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »
Donut is cheater >:O
Thanks for reminding me:

The original work is here, which was posted quite some time ago.
Spoiler:
I got prompted to add the FPS a few minutes after posting said image on IRC; I ended up forgetting until just then
Spoiler:
The above image is used in the form of light humor, etc. etc.

I'm not trying to be elitist here but... how did that happen :o
I don't even see how anybody can interpret this and end up branding you as an elitist.

Those of you who I visit on IRC often know that I've been out for most of the day on a number of occasions. See replay for more information.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:42:24 PM by Baitikkuri »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Formless God

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 12:52:11 PM »
Having played Ketsui and Deathsmiles I can sort of agree with that Anon, except with calling direct-to-PC games "weak". Isn't eXceed 3rd also a PC STG ? :V

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »
Having played Ketsui and Deathsmiles I can sort of agree with that Anon, except with calling direct-to-PC games "weak". Isn't eXceed 3rd also a PC STG ? :V

I'd like to try Deathsmiles but as things are, i can't right now. Its not his opinion i'm pissed about though. Hate Touhou? Fine with me. What makes me angry is how he just goes "stop defending Touhou, weaaboo fanboy, biased Touhou-fan and then block me. Touhou lacks challenge. Says one who can't beat Mokou. I point out some things that are odd in his rant, we discuss:

Mainly me arguing about how they are different kinds of games, how Touhou is good for "this" and how Cave appeals to people who likes "that" while he just strikes down everything with "BUT ARCADE IS HARDER". Wtf. i played through the IN EX stage, didn't die on the stage, died on mid-boss and lost rest of lives on Mokou. I want a challenge.

Am i the only one who finds that odd?

I don't even see how anybody can interpret this and end up branding you as an elitist.

Precaution.

nintendonut888

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 08:25:53 PM »
Hating Touhou because it isn't balls to the wall hard during stages is like hating Kirby because it's not IWBTG. I like it even though most stage portions between EoSD and MoF are easy peasy now.

donutgraze.jpg

ilu baity

Anyway, I think that Kaguya perfect burned me out on Touhou for now. Hard to top a final boss perfect.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 09:55:38 PM »
Anyway, I think that Kaguya perfect burned me out on Touhou for now. Hard to top a final boss semi-perfect.

Fixed. :V *Goofy laughter.*

nintendonut888

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »
Fixed. :V *Goofy laughter.*

See, that's another thing. Whenever I'm satisfied with an accomplishment people always go out of their way to disparage it. :|

Bananamatic

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
See, that's another thing. Whenever I'm satisfied with an accomplishment people always go out of their way to disparage it. :|
nobody means this seriously
not even me :V

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2010, 10:43:28 PM »
Well, how can you seriously call a NDNB of Kaguya a perfect fight when you failed the Last Spell rush considering you can't avoid the 5 last spells. I would get your argument if you somehow didn't have the time points for the other bosses, but Kaguya's last spells are always a part of the fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2010, 10:55:54 PM »
I never count last spells as anything other than bonuses. You don't lose lives if you get hit, so I don't like to count them. Seriously, you wonder why I'm rarely excited over accomplishments. :/

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »

If you've seen how I treat Formless, there is a lot of things i say you don't have to take too seriously. Usually indicated by the  :V

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2010, 11:13:34 PM »
If I got a NDNB of Kaguya and failed any of the Last Spells, it would be going into this thread and not the accomplishments thread.

Really, if I didn't suck at Brilliant Dragon Bullet, Second noncard, Buddhist Diamond, and the third noncard, I probably would have an NDNB of the stage by now.

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 11:53:23 PM »
If i didn't suck at LSI and Hourai Jewel i would probably have a NDNB of the stage. Maybe we should team up.  :]