Author Topic: Burning Obsession/Gensokyo Life  (Read 3168 times)

Shanghai Alice

• Border of Fail
  • Mo, Mosou Machine (Disillusionment Machine)
Burning Obsession/Gensokyo Life
« on: June 10, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »
There's a new writer on FanFiction.Net, and he may or may not be the same person as KuroKonata.

One-Week Wizard has already published a full story, a poem, and half a story.

Burning Obsession, the first story, is about Mokou's quest to finally end the feud with Kaguya (and her life) for good. Along the way, she gets into a fight with several people  from PCB and IN.

Gensokyo Life, the second story, is Exactly What It Says On the Tin. It's a series of several short stories about one day from the life of various characters in Gensokyo. Currently in-progress.

Alice is a short poem about the feelings and fears of Alice Margatroid.

Burning Obsession- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5933196/1/bBurning_b_bObsession_b

Gensokyo Life- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6032959/1/Gensokyo_Life

Alice- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6035748/1/Alice

Fixed the link to Alice for you. :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:54:30 PM by Roukanken »
...you know that what I said was one giant lie, right?

Disillusionment with Touhou... fun...

Shanghai Alice

• Border of Fail
Re: Burning Obsession/Gensokyo Life
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 05:18:44 PM »
Ehh, I need a place to continue writing fanfiction. I always work on it on a forum or something. I just can't write in Word, for some reason.

Chapter 4: The Ordinary Day of the Black Magician
-------------------------------------------
Ze...

Every day is the same for me. And that day was no different.

It began with the usual routine. Wake up, make sure my hair isn't a tangled mess (Maybe I should get this cut?), put on my signature hat, and step outside.

That's it. No breakfast (It'll only slow me down), teeth brushing, morning prayers, none of that. I don't have time for all that in the morning. I have things to do, people to see, and places to go. After all, unlike that shrine maiden, I don't have time to just sit around all day on my fat butt. Some people actually have to get by.

Oh, right. So I step outside, and mount my broom.

I love my broom, though it's really Reimu's, I think. It's a nice, sturdy broom, that's seen more than its fair share of repairs. Not the best in the world, probably, but it looks properly mystical whenever I fly from place to place. Of course, it IS me flying. I don't need a broom to do that, and, if I couldn't fly, I doubt a broom would help in the slightest.

So, I mount my broom, and, under my own steam, I remind you, hover upwards, above the trees. As always, the view is actually pretty nice. I can almost understand what Reimu is talking about when she mumbles about the beauty of nature and whatnot.

However, nature can wait, because I've spotted my first target: Alice's house.

I zoom across the two hundred yards separating us, and touch down on the ground. As always, Alice has kept her house so clean that it's unbelievably creepy. Then again, Alice herself is creepy.

Rather than waiting for her to notice me hanging around, I quietly hover up to her roof, and quickly get a foothold in it. Being extremely stealthy, I creep over to her chimney, and, just to avoid a stupid mistake, stick my head in it.

No fire, no smoke, no traps, it's all good. I carefully reach over for the broom, drop it in the chimney, and-

It catches fire as it falls. Dammit, Alice, that's just cold...

Prying a shingle from her roof, I want to be doubly sure that her chimney is clear, after my comrade in arms just lost its life.

Saying a quick prayer to whatever god happened to inhabit the Hakurei shrine, I dropped the shingle down the chimney, and waited with bated breath.

The sound of stone smashing against  stone was music to my ears. All clear. I waited a moment longer.

Absolute silence. Alice was none the wiser.

I grabbed a spell card, just in case, and jumped down the chimney, sliding down noiselessly.

The soot, combined with my shoes and natural catlike agility muffled my fall, giving me a perfect entrance into the house of-

"Oh, this is lucky..." a cheerful voice greeted my ears. "Has Marisa come over to play with me? Or maybe she wanted to borrow one of my books?" Alice, of course. And she was mad. As in both insane and angry.

I grinned nervously, and rubbed the back of my head, after adjusting my hat. "The latter, actually, so I'll just-"

"No!" Alice shouted back at me, not even letting me finish. "You're going to play with me, okay?"

Shanghai Alice

• Border of Fail
Re: Burning Obsession/Gensokyo Life
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 09:37:09 PM »
"Alice, I don't-" I started to say, quickly deciding that 'playing' with Alice would be a bad idea.

"Shut up!" Alice retorted, stomping her foot. She turned to a nearby bookshelf (With so many bookshelves in her house, is it any wonder why I constantly raid it?), and started pulling something off of it..

I recognized it immediately, her large, nasty looking spell book, the one she always carried around. I gulped slightly, tightening my guard. Normally, I would have ended it with a quick Master Spark, but, as much as I hated Alice, she posed no danger to Gensokyo itself. Killing her so quickly wouldn't be justified. After all, I am more than a being of destruction.

"We're going to play THAT game again?" I asked, forcing a yawn. "Surely you're tired of playing Shoot Magic at Marisa, aren't you?"

"Huh?" Alice asked, my plan working. "What do you mean? Do you have a better idea?"

"Well, for starters, hows about we play Marisa Shoots Magic at Alice this time?"

Alice looked like she had just eaten something sour. "Are you an idiot? Why would I do that?"

I forced a slight laugh, and scratched my head. "It was a joke, you know..." Anything to keep her distracted.

"It wasn't a very funny one. And besides, I like attacking you, you're a great target!" Alice responded, her face brightening up again. "Now shut up, I'm looking for what I'm gonna use first..."

I could feel my head start to lighten a bit. Was that because of Alice...? Or the mushrooms I ate earlier?