Author Topic: Danmagine [Danmaku creator] - 08/04/12: v1.2 - Alpha2  (Read 28266 times)

Danmagine [Danmaku creator] - 16/02/11: v0.2 (full) released!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 06:10:43 PM »
Hi ReimuHakurei, if hope you find my answer since your topic has been merged here :)

It looks like you're using an old release of Danmagine which does not provide some of the functions you're using. You can find the latest releases here. The one you want is Danmagine v0.2 - Windows executable (or the same with pre-made scripts from the tutorial). Install your script on this new version, it should work much better.

The old version you were using (0.2b) is online just for reference. I guess I'll hide it if it confuses people :)

Thanks for trying my engine, and don't hesitate if you've got any more problem or remarks, I'll be around for support ;)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:12:22 PM by Mjonir »

Re: Danmagine [Danmaku creator] - 16/02/11: v0.2 (full) released!
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »
Hi everyone,

After much hard work, I think we might have a Linux build working!

Download link

Could a Linux user test this? Thanks? :)

PS: Don't forget to download a full package here and putting the linux build in place of the ".exe", otherwise the engine won't work anyway :P

Re: Danmagine [Danmaku creator] - 16/02/11: v0.2 (full) released!
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »
Hi everyone.

This topic is getting old, but I'll only make a new one when I'll consider Danmagine to be over and complete :P

Anyway I just wanted to tell you that the project is still alive and going pretty well, it's in constant progress and I think I'm nearly done. I uploaded a small demo (actually copy/pasted the content of my testing directory :D) just so you can see the project in action: http://mjonir.gantzotaku.com/danmagine/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Previews

Hope people are still interested in this, as I'm now going to suffer to write now documentation and tutorials :)

Re: Danmagine [Danmaku creator] - 22/02/12: v1.2 - Alpha1
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »
Hi,

This marks the 2-year anniversary of the inception of the Danmagine concept.

Thus, just a little update of the topic to tell that I've released an Alpha 2 a little while ago. It includes final configuration file, useful debug reports & debug tools for scripters and most importantly the new library structure which should really interest this community if Danmagine eventually takes off. The library system allows to modify nearly anything in the behavior of the engine and scripting just by plugging in a script. Libraries are versioned, can work together via dependencies and can even work on top of each other without knowing it (if correctly written), allowing the community to create code that can be directly reused by everyone.

There is only 1 change left before I consider Danmagine to be final, but it's a very interesting one that I absolutely must include. I wanted to do that before the 2nd anniversary of the project (coding started 15th April), but I won't be able to make it as I'm buried in my work. Next update will definitely be news of the final version! :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:14:10 PM by Mjonir »

Re: Danmagine [Danmaku creator] - 22/02/12: v1.2 - Alpha1
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 09:37:32 AM »
Hi,

This marks the 2-year anniversary of the inception of the Danmagine concept.

Thus, just a little update of the topic to tell that I've released an Alpha 2 a little while ago. It includes final configuration file, useful debug reports & debug tools for scripters and most importantly the new library structure which should really interest this community if Danmagine eventually takes off. The library system allows to modify nearly anything in the behavior of the engine and scripting just by plugging in a script. Libraries are versioned, can work together via dependencies and can even work on top of each other without knowing it (if correctly written), allowing the community to create code that can be directly reused by everyone.

There is only 1 change left before I consider Danmagine to be final, but it's a very interesting one that I absolutely must include. I wanted to do that before the 2nd anniversary of the project (coding started 15th April), but I won't be able to make it as I'm buried in my work. Next update will definitely be news of the final version! :)

I recently had this strange idea for wanting to create a game like Touhou games, to put it simple at least. But a lot of the programs I've tried and invested in have lead me to steep ledges in the path towards making one. But after tons of searching I found this, and well, it looks way more promising than a lot of other stuff I've tried. Congrats on your 2nd anniversary, btw.

stands2reason

• I'm a perfectly normal shrine maiden.
Re: Danmagine [Danmaku creator] - 08/04/12: v1.2 - Alpha2
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »
A danmaku game engine with a Lua scripting interface. I started a project like this before but didn't get very far. Can you tell me what libraries you are using and where I can get the source code? I would love to play around with it and maybe help develop it.

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »
I use SFML 2 to manage the window, display sprites and play sound. boost::filesystem to explore directories, and luabind to easily expose C++ classes to Lua.

You can get a readable and up to date version of the sources on the Sourceforge repository: http://danmagine.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/danmagine/danmagine/

I suggest you try the v1.2.a2 available here. You can just copy/paste the demo from v1.2.a1 if you want.

Moreover, most of the interesting part of the engine is exposed in the "/lua" and "/libs" directories if you're interested in the workings :)

Play with it and tell me if you like it. I'm always available for questions on the forum, especially considering that documentation is not yet up to date.

Any help would be of course most welcome :)

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 10:19:38 AM »
when i download it,it didnt work only blank and it says there's error and cannot be opened.. to bad   :(