Author Topic: Touhou ::derp:: Thread (II)  (Read 145278 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Touhou ::derp:: Thread (II)
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »
Previous Thread.

Post here whatever ridiculously stupid mistakes that you've done. Do not confuse this thread with the RAEGing thread; this is for the outright stupid mistakes.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Touhou ::derp:: Thread (II)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »
I just died to Yukari's last nonspell.

While streaming it.

And not during the changing of directions either.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:57:52 PM »
I JUST found out that Parsee has no hitbox during G.E.M.

/headdesk

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

ark

• みょん
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:20:15 AM »
Fell into the spikes just before the Reisen battle in MegaMari. (I think it's the first time I've ever done that.)

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 02:22:25 PM »
I've been panic bombing Parasol Star Memories on Hard lately

With SanaeB

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »
I was suicided to get an UFO.  The sad thing was that it just switched colors and it was all for naught.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 03:59:10 PM »
I was on Kanako's last spell, trying to 1CC MoF.
I died because of underestimating the size of the amulet hitbox.
:V I was so close.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:02:18 AM »
I tried using Marisa B in UFO.

Game Overed on Flying Fantastica.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 12:51:28 AM »
My last 15 minutes' worth of PCB Hard attempts (where I can generally perfect up to Boss!Chen's first card):

1. Die twice in five seconds on Boss!Chen's opener.
2. Die on Midboss!Chen's opener.
3. Die to Lingering Cold (!).
4. Die to Letty's second noncard (after almost timing out Frost Columns)
5. Die to stage 2 trash, even though I can see the wall coming a mile away

..... yeah.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 01:53:50 AM »
After acing my first Hard 1cc (IN), I tried a run of PCB hard where I died numerous times in the stupidest situations (I haven't played PCB in a while, I've been focusing on IN and MoF for a few weeks), including two deaths on Alice Boss's first nonspell. Gameovered without reaching the Primsriver Sisters (and my stage 4 run wasn't THAT bad, I just started 0/2 and gameovered on the final fairy).

Then I tried a MoF hard run where I died on the second stage while rushing to keep my faith up (before reaching the midboss spellcard), ragequit, and spent the next 10 minutes making stupid mistakes in the first stage :V

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
Arrgh - el bugger!!! I game overed on Satori. In stage practice. How the fuck did that happen?

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 04:02:12 AM »
PCB normal, missed the 1up after stage 5 midboss Youmu. :V

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 07:05:46 PM »

No points for guessing what happens.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 08:00:37 PM »
Oh... my... godess...

I finished a Phantasm run. At 0/0. I died 7 times and used 11 bombs. I only barely finished it. I usually no-death or 1-death this battle.

derp big time.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »
I...got hit by Ichirin's second non-spell? It's been ages since that's happened.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »
I died on Hard Byakuren.

At her opener.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 07:16:36 PM »
Died running into Youmu during Delusion of Enlightenment. Thought it would be best to start streaming from the left side. She ran into me, and I died again trying to PoC. Then I died twice to her last spell. General "First 1cc shenanigans".

Started Kanako fight with 7 lives. Refused to bomb on Mountain of Faith. Lost 4 lives. The worst part is that that's the only time I've ever failed the card on ReimuB. My bonus score was shot to hell.

Also, when attempting MoF extra, i managed to fail Ex-Kanako's second spell three times in a row. WHAT.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:37:10 AM by omgrandomnumbers »

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 10:50:02 PM »
I just died to the blue manji in Butterfly in the Zen Temple.

By it moving into me, rather than the obvious.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 11:01:13 AM »
I managed to die to Rice Porridge in Tube Normal, I didn't even know that was possible. Also, got to Remilia with 7 lives, in the end I had 2 lives.

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 01:44:23 PM »
Tackling an amulet with my face on Nue's opener.
Twice.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 02:44:36 AM »
Stage 3, Reisen, Kaguya

I should not have failed this badly with Netherworld Team. They're even cheesier than Border Team, so the performance(on stage 3 at least) just pisses me off.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 11:27:44 AM »
I just realized why I was failing "Gray Test Tray Shure" and "Nirvana's Cloudy Way in Purple" so much and (only) had about a 20-30% capture rate for each even with ReimuA. My "dodging method" for each Spell Card was in essence, swapped; I was doing things in one Spell Card which works a lot better in the other Spell Card, and in the other Spell Card, I was doing things that worked better in the former as opposed to the latter.

Basically, I had a your doing it wrong hurf durf which I never picked up on for months.

brb seppuku
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:31:10 AM by Baity »
<>

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 03:37:57 PM »
Did a random run of UFO Extra with MarisaA. Perfected the stage and my UFO route, and captured the part at the very end with all the AB-bullets for the first time ever! Reached Nue 5/6.

I died on her first card, three times on Red UFOs, and game overed after two deaths on Blue UFOs :V

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 04:06:16 PM »
I just realized why I was failing "Gray Test Tray Shure" and "Nirvana's Cloudy Way in Purple" so much and (only) had about a 20-30% capture rate for each even with ReimuA. My "dodging method" for each Spell Card was in essence, swapped; I was doing things in one Spell Card which works a lot better in the other Spell Card, and in the other Spell Card, I was doing things that worked better in the former as opposed to the latter.

Basically, I had a your doing it wrong hurf durf which I never picked up on for months.

brb seppuku

There's a dodging method for Greatest Treasure other than "read dodge pray"?
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
Just lost the extra life dropped by midboss Meiling by going up to autocollect it, realizing too late that I wasn't at full power, and then being just too slow to be able to catch up with it before it fell offscreen.

Also completely forgetting which Prismriver sister is the easiest one on Normal mode after not having played the game in months, and ending up bombspamming Lyrica to oblivion.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 08:50:09 PM »
I ran into Alice in STB
EXTREEEM CLOSEUP *Pitchuu~n*
Wotters gonna' wot

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 10:12:49 PM »
(more than just) "read dodge pray"?
In a sense, yes. It's how I'm dodging that's important here. There isn't as much "pray" anymore now that I ironed out the mistake(s).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:21:29 PM by Baity »
<>

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 07:57:17 PM »
I did a playthrough of MoF Lunatic. Got my 1cc as usual this time with 4 deaths. 4 completely retarded deaths: 2 of the deaths were at Sanae's 2nd non-spell and 2nd spellcard. I capture those consistently without a bit of trouble. That also causes a huge drop in my faith. Meh. Then i proceed to fight Kanako and get to VoWG where i die twice. Both very stupid deaths. At one occasion i dodge an wave and is safely positioned in an open area. Then i seemingly decide to ram straight into the wave i just dodged... how bad can it possibly get? Then for some stupid reason i decide not to just bomb spam my way through the rest of the card and manage to get myself in a corner where i die again even though a bomb was obviously called for.

I did run away with over 900 million points which is way more than my previous high-score so i shouldn't complain. Its just the nature of those 4 deaths. This could easily have been a 1LC or 2LC if i didn't fuck up easy parts.

Now that is embarassing.

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 10:42:23 AM »

There is no reason in this world why 12-4 should take five-hundred and thirty-eight shots.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:44:22 AM by SenSageUn »