Author Topic: Sana☆Jana Adventure (Intermission: JANAQUEST)  (Read 119556 times)

Jana

• mrgrgr
Sana☆Jana Adventure (Intermission: JANAQUEST)
« on: May 06, 2010, 03:48:15 PM »
(Jana's Note: This adventure does NOT take place in the same continuity as Sana Quest. Anything that happens here and what happens there are completely separate, so make no assumptions based on what you've learned in one thread in the other.)

>Thou art I, and I art thou You are Jan Coppola, primary enchanter and manufacturer of musical instruments in the land of Ijiyatsu!
>You are highly skilled in magic that can both enhance and weaken physical properties, and put it to use in your work by making enchanted instruments. The intruments you make are widely known for being wonderful makers of music, great magical catalysts for the musically-inclined, and even as nigh-unbreakable melee weaponry. You are also well known for your fighting prowess, and those foolish or strong enough to challenge you can attest to your ferocity in battle.
>While you live and work alone for the most part, you can always count on your next-door neighbor, Sana, for a helping hand, unless she is working. While you do have some regular costumers and other acquaintances, Sana is the only person you can count on seeing on an everyday basis.
>It is currently a windy spring morning. While it had rained last night, the skies seem to be clear for the most part.
>You are currently in the bedroom of your two-story home, the first story of which serves as your place of business. The floor you are currently on is divided by a thin hallway, with your bedroom and personal lavatory to the front of the house, and your kitchen and dining area in the rear. Downstairs, the front of the building is occupied by a storefront display and the lobby of the shop. Divided by your clerk's counter, the back of this floor serves as an isolated workshop and storing area for your instruments.

>Today is shaping up to be another ordinary day, but your sense of magic is somehow telling you that something special could happen! How will you begin your day?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:40:00 PM by Jana »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Re: Sana☆Jana Adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 03:50:03 PM »
>Invite Sana around for breakfast~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 03:51:22 PM »
>Make SanaXJana canon

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 03:52:53 PM »
> Check active quests.
> Check inventory.
> Check who else you know in this world.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:03:27 PM »
>Invite Sana around for breakfast~

>Usually, you and Sana eat your midday meal together, but you decide to go do something special for your good friend this morning. After making some scrambled eggs in your kitchen, you pack them up with a loaf of bread. Grabbing your hat from its rack on your way down the stairs, you make your way outside. After knocking on the front door of Sana's Fancy Hats and Tours, you wait for a response.

>Make SanaXJana canon

You are suddenly blushing~

> Check active quests.
> Check inventory.
> Check who else you know in this world.

>Active Quests
>Invite Sana to Breakfast: You have already prepared breakfast and made your way to Sana's front door. Now share it!
>My Magic Sense is Tingling: Investigate the strange magic in the air this morning to determine if something special is really going to happen!
>Inventory
>Cool Pajamas (Worn as clothing): A set of pajamas you wear all the time (except not really; you just have a lot of the same set!). You tend to fall asleep during boring times,s o you like to be ready for it!
>Awesome Gift Hat (Worn as headgear): A nice hat Sana made for you some time ago, when you first became friends. It is in a similar style to her own, but is colored to match your usual pajamas. "Jan<3" is embroidered on it, and you always let it show!
>Brodacious Breakfast of Eggs and Bread: Sana's favorite eggs and your favorite bread! It doesn't get any better!
>Relationships
>Sana, as explained before, is your best friend in the entire world forever and ever. You do have some regular customers, and you remember that you owe N-Forza a shipment of recorders for his import-export shop later today. Other regulars include Solais, who usually buys small instruments for the shrine at which she is employed, and Dragoshi, who likes buying sheet music to be played at her restaurant. You studied magic with the infamous Moerin many years ago, and had lost touch with her until the recent incident. You are aware of many other residents of this world, but these are those with whom you are more intimately familiar with.
>Quest Added: Recorder Delivery
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:43:57 PM by Jana Coppola »

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »
>Might as well go and get those recorders, then.

>...And maybe practice your guitar skills while you're at it?
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »
>Might as well go and get those recorders, then.

>...And maybe practice your guitar skills while you're at it?

>You wouldn't want to stand up Sana, would you? You make a mental note to do so after breakfast.

>After a minute, Sana answers the door. "Oh, Jan. You're early today! And... Is that eggs I smell? Eggs are delicious!" She lets you in with a smile.
>Passing through the front of the store, you know that the layout of Sana's building is the same as yours. However, the merchandise is very different. Instead of various musical instruments, racks of hats occupy the floor, and shelves of hats sit against both walls. You cannot see the back room from here, but you are sure that even more hats are within. The counter has the usual items, such as a cash register, etc. but alos a small rack of tour pamphlets. Ever since she decided to give guided tours of the business district, Sana seems to have made herself even more successful!
>Going upstairs tot he dining area, Sana quickly sets the table for two. Sitting to eat, Sana asks, "So, what's going on today, Jan?"

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 04:15:13 PM »
> "Sana." Gaze into her eyes steadily and reach out to hold onto her wrist. Take a deep breath, then say "Will you marry me?"
> "...or would you at least go out with me on a date today?"

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 04:17:37 PM »
> "Sana." Gaze into her eyes steadily and reach out to hold onto her wrist. Take a deep breath, then say "Will you marry me?"
> "...or would you at least go out with me on a date today?"

>Sana chuckles. "Really, again? You do this all the time, you big silly!"
>"Well, I have to work today, but we could go somewhere later. How about we meet in the square at lunchtime?"

>Out of the corner of your eye, you spy a flute you gave Sana on the counter. So, she's been practicing... How nice~

Dragoshi

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 04:19:18 PM »
>Nod in agreement, then head off to deliver those recorders to Forza.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 04:21:37 PM »
This Sana isn't the Sana I know!

> "Ah, my pure, unconditional love was rejected again. Now I shall languish in...oh yes, lunchtime, the square, great."

> Bid Sana goodbye and set about getting those recorders for N-Forza.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »
This Sana isn't the Sana I know!

> "Ah, my pure, unconditional love was rejected again. Now I shall languish in...oh yes, lunchtime, the square, great."

>Somehow, you suspect that Sana knows you'll always see things her way! Her knowing smile almost seems to confirm this.

>Nod in agreement, then head off to deliver those recorders to Forza.

>"It's a date~<3" you say to Sana.
>Quest Added: Lunchtime with Sana.

>After breakfast, you head back to your own store to let Sana open shop. you still have a half-hour before opening time, so you decide to get your chore out of the way first. After getting a box marked "Exports" from your back room, you make your way outside.

>The Town of Gapland
>Gapland is a small commercial and trading town at the base of a small mountain, The town got its name from the deity of the shrine in the mountain, and the residents often hold festivals in her honor. While you are not really one for such things, Sana seems to enjoy them, so you usually go along.
>Your home is on the outskirts of town, with Sana's tour business usually being one of the first things people see as they enter. Sana's home is to the west of yours, and further west is a forest trail leading to the next town over. Traveling east takes you to the main town center, which houses many businesses. N-Forza's import and export shop is on the south side of town, which you can reach in one of two ways.
>The first method is through the town center, which means traveling east and then south. While it may take longer, you could run into someone!
>The second method would be along the outskirts of town, taking a small road southeast and directly to N-Forza's shop. It would be faster, given that you have to open shop.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:16:44 PM by Jana Coppola »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »
>Go through the town center~!
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Dragoshi

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 04:32:09 PM »
>Go Southeast. We can always go to through the center later. It's not like it'll just up and fly off into the sky or somethin'.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 04:34:44 PM »
>Go through the town center~!

> And hurry!

>Go Southeast. We can always go to through the center later. It's not like it'll just up and fly off into the sky or somethin'.

> Or this, but hurry anyway!

(and please don't ignore Sana Quest! T_T)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:36:19 PM by 天使 »

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 04:35:52 PM »
>No need to hurry. Just take it easy!

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 04:38:27 PM »
>Town Center: 2 Side Road: 1

>You decide to go through the town center. There's usually something interesting going on in there! Besides, that shady road is pretty dangerous, and you've left your home unarmed.

>Making your way east, you eventually reach the beautiful town center. A fountain with a sculpture of the goddess sits in the middle, and ducs paddle about the water to eat the bread crumbs tossed to them by schoolchildren on their way to the school. Around the fountain are several restaurants and tourist traps in a circle, with the four main roads, each corresponding to a cardinal direction, leading outwards. The road to the west leads back to your home and the forest beyond it. To the west is the beatnik-y artist district, and tot he south are more "serious" businesses, like N-Forza's.
>On a bench in the square, you see your friend Dragoshi, famed baker and restaurateur, chatting with someone you do not recognize. This woman seems to be wearing a crown, so perhaps she is a visitor?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:46:52 PM by Jana Coppola »

Dragoshi

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 04:39:57 PM »
>Might as well go and see what Dragoshingles is up to. you still have some time.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »
> Greet Dragoshi and TranceHime. "Hey Dragoshi. And good day to you, Lady TranceHime." Greet her in that manner, even if you don't know her name.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »
>Might as well go and see what Dragoshingles is up to. you still have some time.

>You decide to chat with your friend for a bit, seeing that you still have some time.
>Dragoshi looks up and waves when she sees you coming over. "Hey, Jana! Come meet my friend here!" You put down your box to fist bunp Dragoshi while she introduces you to the crowned individual. "This is my friend Trance. She's a wanderer like you used to be, so when I heard she was coming this way, I thought I'd greet her." Smiling widely, Dragoshi introduces you to Trance. "...And this is Jana. She used to be a traveling musician..."
>You take a trip through memory lane! Before opening your shop, you used to be a wandering bard, playing music in the towns you passed through. However, after the recent incident involving your former contemporary, Moerin, you were convinced by Sana to settle down. After some thought, you figured out how to set up a business of your own, and with Sana's help, became prosperous.
>You come back to the square in time to hear the end of Dragoshi's introduction. The quiet woman is giving you a little bow, threatening to drop the little crown on her head. "Um... I'm Trance."

> Greet Dragoshi and TranceHime. "Hey Dragoshi. And good day to you, Lady TranceHime." Greet her in that manner, even if you don't know her name.

>You make an educated guess and assume that Trance is actually a princess. You seem to be correct, judging by the pleased expression on her face!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:48:09 PM by Jana Coppola »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 05:13:39 PM »
> "I run a musical instrument store in Gapland. Come along whenever you're feeling musical." Bid them good day and run along with your errand.

Dragoshi

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »
>Yeah, we gotta get business done first. I mean, as nice as it'd be to acquaint yourself with Trance, you've got work to do.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »
>Contemplate declaring the music store an independent fiefdom.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 05:19:45 PM »

> And making Sana the queen of this new fiefdom, worshipping and serving her as her most loyal knight.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 05:46:43 PM »
> "I run a musical instrument store in Gapland. Come along whenever you're feeling musical." Bid them good day and run along with your errand.
>Yeah, we gotta get business done first. I mean, as nice as it'd be to acquaint yourself with Trance, you've got work to do.

>The Princess nods. She seems to be standing a lot straighter ever since you addressed her by rank. You wave a farewell as you head south to N-Forza's place.

>While you walk south, you are gripped by a wonderful fantasy of ruling your own kingdom! You could be the queen, and Sana could be your queen, and... Wait, two queens?

> And making Sana the queen of this new fiefdom, worshipping and serving her as her most loyal knight.

>Oh, that would make more sense! Yes, you could certainly live to serve Sana, forever and ever and ever! You don't think Sana would like it very much, though.

>Eventually, you reach N-Forza's shop. It is still closed, but having made these deliveries before, you knock on the front door. A confident-looking girl with a large bow in her hair answers the door. "Ah, Jan. Good to have these ready. I'll be right back with the payment."
>As N-Forza writes you a credit check, you recall the purpose of her business. While the world of Ijiyatsu is not too large, not everyone is magical enough to traverse it as quickly as the rest. N-Forza uses her magic to transport valuables throughout the world, using space magic to move both herself and her shipments from one store in her chain to another. While she is not always in this particular store of her chain, she usually remembers who is selling her exports and when they are to be received.
>N-Forza returns to you with a check good for 150 strawberries, the currency of this world. These strawberries are not literal like the fruit, but because the fruit is so valuable for its size and weight in the world of Ijiyatsu, one strawberry will buy you exactly one strawberry! it is a very convenient form of currency in that its value changes with the results of the harvest.

>Bidding your customer farewell, you check the time using a simple form of time magic. You have about 15 minutes before you must open the store, so you could theoretically go back through the square or take the shortcut.

>Introduction to the Magic System
>You are skilled in many forms of magic, with enchantments as your specialty! When a new form of magic is encountered in the course of the story, it will beitalicized. You knowledge in this form of magic will be displayed at the bottom of the post introducing it. This list will be updated when you gain skill in a form of magic or encounter a new one. Because you are a formerly-human magician, you are not as limited in your abilities as many youkai are. Use the versatility of these abilities wisely!

>Current Magical Skills
>Enchantment: 7/10 Your specialty in magic! You can cast temporary enchantments on the fly with precision. Your enchantments can either boost or decrease your target's physical properties, or in the case of a person, physical and magical aptitudes. A permanent enchantment, such as the ones you use in the construction of your instruments, require certain materials to be cast. However, permanent enchantments cannot be cast on the living. Ever.
>Curative: 5/10 Your skill in enchantments, however, went a long way to your current level of curative magic. You can quickly use small healing spells on yourself or another person, but you cannot do so while in combat. More complicated procedures, such as mending bone or stopping internal bleeding, will take longer, but are still within your realm of mastery.
>Space Magic: 1/10 You can move small objects from place to place with a short incantation, similarly to the psychic power of psychokinesis.
>Time Magic: 1/10 You can tell the time without a watch. Magical convenience at its finest!

>Elemental Magic
>Fire Magic: 2/10 You can shoot simple fireballs or heat a room with some effort.
>Water magic: 1/10 You are able to purify dirty water, but cannot conjure any of your own.
>Nature Magic: 2/10 You can kick up a little breeze, and maybe throw in some pine needles to hurt someone.
>Earth Magic: 0/10 You can stamp your feet and kick up some dirt, maybe.
>Metal Magic: 3/10 You can bend or strengthen steel, but this comes mostly as a result of your skill in enchantment. You can also conjure a razor blade on the fly!
>Light Magic: 3/10 You can use light to form bullets. Essential for your style of danmaku, since enchantments cannot conjure bullets!
>Dark Magic: 1/10 You can dim a bright room.

Dragoshi

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »
>Just quickly head back through the square. You should be able to move quickly enough to make it on time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 05:57:25 PM »
>Don't be so hasty in tossing aside a two-queen system. Oligarchies can work out!
>Consider the relative value of the strawberry in terms of goods.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »
>Just quickly head back through the square. You should be able to move quickly enough to make it on time.

>You beat your feet back through the square. Dragoshi and TranceHime wave to you as you pass by, and you wave back. Some ducs are flying around them; it seems that Dragoshi is feeding them some old bread from her bakery.

>Don't be so hasty in tossing aside a two-queen system. Oligarchies can work out!

>As you make your way home, you think about various styles of government, and decide that for your purposes, a two-ruler system could work best.

>Government and Law in the World of Ijiyatsu
>While there are such things as government and law in this world, they don't very often come into play. Each area is usually ruled by its presiding goddess, making her priestesses her officers and enforcers. Most goddesses are just in their divine rule, but there are stories of revolution and overthrowing scattered throughout the history of this world. Because of this system of rule, each goddess can be seen to preside over a city-state, each with its own laws and punishments. Gapland is fortunate to have a just goddess with laws to serve its inhabitants, but other city-states are not so fortunate...
>The laws of Gapland are many, but these laws usually boil down to common sense. Many regulations, such as regulations on flight magic or Danmaku, are common to almost all city states. The most everyday of these include:
>Flight is not to be used within the city's perimeter by those who do not hold a state occupation. If one without the proper papers flies in case of emergency, this can be cleared up in a court of law.
>Danmaku duels are to take place either outside of the town or above the town center at pre-determined times. Once a week, on Saturday nights, the air above the city square is enveloped by a divine barrier to allow combatants to freely duel within. The statue of the goddess in the center of the square channels the divine power for this barrier, as well as for other festivals or whatever other uses the goddess comes up with, so harming it in any way is one of the worst crimes that can be committed in Gapland. During this weekly festival, known as Saturday Night Lightning, the above regulation on flight are suspended to allow spectators to view the battle at any angle. However, previous violators of either regulation or any other law will not be allowed to fly or duel.

>You have a few misdemeanors on record, usually involving brawling in the city, but these have been cleared up as self-defense. You are allowed to fly in emergencies and participate in Saturday Night Lightning. Today is Thursday morning, meaning that the danmaku festival is still a few days away.

>Consider the relative value of the strawberry in terms of goods.

There were ten recorders in that box you delivered, making each worth fifteen strawberries. This is a relatively low price given the enchantments you have placed on them; they will likely be sold for about twenty or twenty-five strawberries to other cities via N-Forza's shop. Larger instruments or those with more intricate enchantments can net anywhere from eighty to one-hundred and fifty strawberries.
>Food products, like simple eggs and bread, usually cost under five strawberries each. Fancier food, such as Dragoshi's best bread, can go up to about ten strawberries, and the best of the best, like Dragosihi's finest pastries and cakes, can even reach twenty strawberries!
>Ordinary clothing usually costs anywhere from ten to thirty strawberries per item. Designer label clothing, such as Sana's Sweet Hats, always have magical enchantments placed upon them, making them about double the cost of an ordinary item. Fraudulent designer clothes are a rarity due to the ease of determining whether an item has had magic placed on it or not, and this is not a problem for businesses like Sana's!

>Eventually, you reach your store without incident. As you unlock your door and flip the sign to "Open," you decide to see your other tasks for the day. You could either work on new instruments, research new magic, practice playing music, or practice a form of magic you already know of. What will you do until someone comes into the store?

>Magic information added!
>Flight Magic: 5/10 You're a fairly capable flier, and can control your speed reasonably well.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
>Are there any instrument orders to be filled? If so, work on that.
>If there are no instrument orders to be filled, and the current stock feels sufficient, practice music and compose a national anthem for our fledgling nation nation, which what be temporarily named JanSanheim, in the style of Marvin Gaye.
>Idly consider the proper wording for a writ of Independence establishing JanSanheim

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 06:39:58 PM »
> Consider getting more involved with the locals. There might be interesting business opportunities to do in between selling instruments.
> Consider what we know about Gapland and its inhabitants. Identify possibilities to offer your services for cash.
> Work on new instruments in the mean time. If nothing happens, time-skip till lunchtime and don't forget to meet  up with Sana.