Author Topic: Wyl or that one butler's other short stories.  (Read 3826 times)

Wylfred

• The Black Knight.
  • The Eternally Bored Butler
Wyl or that one butler's other short stories.
« on: April 05, 2010, 11:00:42 PM »
    Hello again my readers, This time I am trying something that I haven't done before so bare with me. I want to become a better writer by the time this thread fills up. This story takes place in a universe where gensokyo is just another part of japan.  Without farther ado, please enjoy this story that I wrote. Please if you have any criticism make sure that you address them. I'll accept then equally.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hurry up Myschi! Were going to be late to miss Keine's class!", Said an energetic green haired boy. "Jeeze Wriggle, slow down will ya?", replied the exhausted pink haired girl. This was what Mystia Lorelei had to deal with every morning. It's not because she wanted to; it was because she didn't have it in her to tell her childhood friend to calm the hell down. Wriggle Nightbug stopped when he reach the end of the street and waited for Mystia to catch up. Mystia sluggishly walked towards Wriggle dragging out each step. Wriggle grinned at her as she made her way to him. "Sure is a beautiful bright morning today ain't it Myschi?", said the energetic Wriggle. "A little too damn bright.", said the tired Mystia. "Today my basketball team will be playing against another school's basketball team.", said Wriggle as he walked besides Mystia. "Why would I care about sweaty boys and their sports?" Mystia nonchalantly replied. "Well I thought maybe you'd like to come see me play." Wriggle said with less energy then before. "Sorry, I have to work at my family's restaurant after school.", Said Mystia as the two of them entered the building. "Oh, I see well here's a ticket in case you change your mind." said the slightly disheartened wriggle handing Mystia a ticket. Suddenly wriggle was knocked down by a blue blur and a yellow haired girl approached Mystia. "Glad to see you guys doing well." said the yellow haired loli. This was Rumia; Mystia's other best friend besides wriggle. On the ground; a headlock given to Wriggle by a short blue haired girl with a big grin. This was Cirno; Rumia's best friend. Cirno wrestled with wriggle a bit more until a teacher came and separated the two of them. They stared at each other with a fire in both of their eyes and Mystia couldn't help but plant her face into her palm.

The rest of the day came by really quickly and Mystia was already in her last class. The bell rang and the shuffling of chairs filled Mystia's ears. Mystia waited a bit and copied down the last pieces of notes on the board before packing up her stuff. A large book bag fell on Mystia's desk and she looked up to she whose it was. It was her friend Wriggle smiling that same grin on his face. Mystia and Wriggle often walked home together since they lived close by and their houses were literally on opposite sides of a street. Wriggle walked with Mystia in the direction of her family's restaurant. On their way there Wriggle decided to ask a question. "Are you sure you don't want to come to my basketball game?" Wriggle said slightly furrowing his brows. "I'm sorry wriggle, I can't. My dad wouldn't let me even if I asked." said Mystia frowning. "Alright... Maybe next time I guess." said Wriggle slumping his shoulders slightly. They arrived at the restaurant and bid each other adieu.

Wriggle hurried back to school hoping he wasn't late for the game. He entered through the double doors of the gym and was greeted with the sight of hundreds of people in the stands. His team waved at him as he went to the locker room to change out. Wriggle came back out dressed in his gym shorts and shirt. Cirno patted his back as he went to the center of the court. The referee blew the whistle and the ball was tossed into the air. Wriggle being much taller then the other person slapped the ball to his team. Cirno caught the ball and passed it to another member of their team. Then he passed it back to Wriggle in a corner and Wriggle shot the ball. It went in and everybody on wriggle's team cheered. The ball was in the middle again but this time someone else was at the center with Wriggle. It was a tall caucasian boy with a nasty grin. The whistle blew again and the ball was tossed up on the air. When Wriggle tried to get the ball to his team the other guy slapped his hand away and stole the ball. After a series of passes the other team scored on their team. The game went on like this for a bit with neither teams backing down.

There was only 60 seconds left on the clock and both teams had a score of 19-19. Wriggle was tired from running up and down the gym so much but he didn't allow himself to show it and neither did the guy opposite of him. The whistle blew for the last time and wriggle slapped the ball to the side hoping one of his teammates would get it. Cirno caught the ball and passed it to one member of their team. He passed it to another member of the team and so did that person. The last person passed it to Wriggle to make the last shot. 15 seconds left on the clock and Wriggle braced himself for the shot. Just before Wriggle threw it the double door of the gym slammed open and Wriggle heard someone shouting his name.

"WRIGGLE!!! COME PLEASE, MYSTIA NEEDS YOU!!!"

The ball was slapped from Wriggles hands as he turned his head towards Rumia who was half crying. Wriggle ran towards Rumia to find out what was wrong and Cirno followed. Wriggle knelt down at the crying Rumia and asked her what had happen. Rumia through her choked sobs said, "Mystia... She... She was in an... accident..." Wriggle didn't need to hear much more before bolting down the street to the hospital. Cirno got Rumia to the nurse's office to calm her down along with the rest of her basketball team.  The other team had scored and the crowd booed at them. Wriggle ran as fast as his legs could take him. He didn't care how much his lungs screamed for air. Nor did he care how it felt like his legs were on fire. All he cared about was his childhood friend Mystia. Wriggle finally reach the hospital and slammed the door open. He then slammed his palm down on the receptionist's counter and said, "I'm here to see Mystia Lorelei! Please tell me where she is!" The receptionist was taken back at the young man's abruptness but obeyed nonetheless. The receptionist told him room 214 and he dashed through the halls shouting a thank you to her.

Wriggle finally got to room 214 and saw through the window his friend who was covered with bandages. Her parents were sitting outside the room sobbing to themselves. Wriggle opened the door and sat down on a chair near the bed. A doctor came in and checked some stuff before going back out again. It felt like forever in that room before another doctor came in. This time he put a hand on Wriggle's shoulder and said, "She'll be alright son. This young girl was very lucky but it'll be awhile before she can walk again. We did the best that we could now she needs someone to be by her side as she recovers." Wriggle suddenly felt a sigh of relief. Wriggle replied to the doctor, "I promise I'll always be there for her whenever she needs it. Always..." The doctor smiled at him and said, " I know you will son. Just be sure to keep yourself healthy. You wouldn't want her to be worrying over you now would you?" Wriggle nodded and the doctor exited the room. Wriggle stared at Mystia's bandaged head and started feeling guilty again.

"If only I had been there to save her... If only I hadn't abandoned her for my stupid basketball game... I am such a horrible friend..."

Those kinds of thoughts plagued Wriggle's mind as he fell asleep leaning his arm against the bed.

(TO BE CONTINUED SOMEWHERE IN THIS THREAD.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:19:34 PM by Wylfred »

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Re: Wyl or that one butler's other short stories.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:39:21 AM »
Hmmm, I like the premise of a high schooler 4 idiots team, it makes it seem so normal in a world of unlikely fantasies.

He? Wriggle is... well, whatever, it is still enjoyable.
(though some may have to stab you for doing this)

please bare with me

* Alstroemeria-F strips naked.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 06:26:10 AM »
This is quite a well-written story, and I applaud that.

I personally do not like this story much due to male Wriggle, but other than my personal preference affecting my opinion, this story is quite objectively good.

Wylfred

• The Black Knight.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 10:54:18 PM »
Hello again my re-

* Alstroemeria-F strips naked.

Oh bby.  8)

On a more serious note I want to thank all who replied.

This is quite a well-written story, and I applaud that.

I personally do not like this story much due to male Wriggle, but other than my personal preference affecting my opinion, this story is quite objectively good.

I am sorry you feel that way Thatsonnn but I felt that Wriggle would've been much better suited as a male. I know a lot of people will hate me for that and I accept their hate.

Hmmm, I like the premise of a high schooler 4 idiots team, it makes it seem so normal in a world of unlikely fantasies.

I always wanted to see what it would be like seeing the 9 team in a high school setting. But since I fail at searching I decided to write about it myself.  It was surprising since I didn't even know what would happen next as I typed that story.

Forgive me but there is something that I would like to address before you read on. The stories that I post in Patchouli's Scarlet Library are stories that I do not proofread. This means that what ever your going to read now will likely be mostly an unedited version. I know that this is a bit risky but I want to improve as a writer and this is going to help me improve.

Wait! before you read on allow me to pester you with another tidbit. There was suppose to be another story with this post but due to time constraints I wasn't able to finish it. I'll be posting it tomorrow.

Again forgive me for lying to you when I said that I will continue the story somewhere in this thread but I want to continue it with this post. So ending gigantic monster of a author's note I present to you a continuation of where we left off last time. Please enjoy the read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wriggle kept nodding his head while leaning forward in his chair trying to keep from falling asleep. He had been in the hospital besides Mystia's bed for about three days now and it was taking it's toll on his body. Today was a particularly slow dry day. Wriggle finally decided to let his body have the rest it deserve and lean his back against the chair. When he woke up a camera was in his face and on the other side of the camera was his upperclassman. Aya Shameimaru grinned at him and took a picture. Wriggle stumbled his chair over as the flash of white light hit his face. Wriggle got up from the ground and set the chair where it originally was. He turned around and saw that the entire news club was there. They formed a line and when it was their turn they each clasped their hand together and prayed and exited the room. "Glad you could make it miss Shameimaru.", said Wriggle as he stood besides Aya looking down at Mystia. Wriggle looked up at his upperclassman's face and saw that it had a solemn smile as she looked down at Mystia. "There isn't any other place I would want to be then here at this moment.", replied Aya still not adverting her gaze towards the bed.

Wriggle knew how his upperclassman miss Shameimaru felt about Mystia. Miss Shameimaru looked at Mystia as if she was her own little sister. She was deeply pained at the new of what had happen to her little sister and brought the entire new club over to pray that Mystia gets better. After the last member of the new club had prayed Aya place a hand on Wriggle's shoulder and said, "I have some business to take care of. Can I count on you to watch over her for me?" Wriggle nodded to his upperclassman and said, "Of course I will, She's an important friend to me too." Aya smiled at him and replied, "Then I will leave it to you for now." Aya then walked over to the table on the other side of the bed and placed a flower there before leaving. Wriggle sat back down again and watch the bed where Mystia lay. She looked so peaceful to him and Wriggle started to go into his bout of self pity again. After he was done beating himself over what had happen to Mystia he thought.

"She has such nice and kind people in her life... I want her to be able to see those people again... I want her to be able to see me again... More importantly I want her to know that I care..."

A loud slam on the door brought him out of his musings. Through the door came the entire freaking basketball team along with Cirno in the front. As with the news club they all formed a line and payed their respects before leaving. Rumia came through the door a short moment after the basketball team did. Cirno grinned that stupid grin of hers as she placed her fist in front of Wriggle awaiting a brofist. Wriggle smiled an equally stupid grin and returned the brofist. Rumia stood there smiling at the two of them as they wrestled each other. Finally they stopped and Cirno said in a loud obnoxious voice, "Just wanted to make sure that princess Myschi was alright!" Wriggle winced a bit as he heard her voice. "Mystia is much more resilient then you think!", said Wriggle in an equally loud voice. After the last member of the basketball team had payed his respects; Cirno said as she looked at Mystia, "Be sure you don't forget to tell her that me and Rumia stopped by ok?" Wriggle nodded at her and replied, "Like I could forget your obnoxious voice." Cirno give him one last grin before exiting the room. Rumia walked over to the table where miss Shameimaru placed the flower and placed her own flower next to hers. Rumia then bowed to Wriggle as she exited the room.

Besides from the occasional doctor and nurse the room felt pretty empty when their classmates left. Wriggle was sitting down in the chair again still staring at Mystia's bandaged face. For some reason Wriggle felt really restless and physical exhaustion. He kept nodding his head again until the door opened for the umpteenth time today. Through the door came Mystia's mother and father. Her mother was leaning on her father still crying. Her father looked at Wriggle with a meek smile and said, "Thank you for watching over our daughter when we couldn't. We thought you'd might be hungry so we brought some lunch with us. We still have to take care of the family business. We hope you can forgive us. The pink box is for when Mystia wakes up." Mystia's father held up two boxes wrapped in green  and pink cloth. Wriggle took both of them from him and nodded before replying, "Thank you mister. I'll make sure she eats healthy." The father smiled at Wriggle and placed a hand on Wriggle's shoulder before saying, "I'm glad that our daughter has such good friends like you." Wriggle smiled at him and nodded. Mystia's parents then exited the room. Wriggle placed the box with pink cloth on the table to the right of the bed. He then placed the box with green cloth on his lap.

Wriggle slowly unwrapped the green cloth from the box and saw that it was in sections. The largest section of the box held rice with a piece of fish meat in the middle. In a slightly smaller section of the box there was a two pieces of grilled lamprey. In an even smaller section there was soy sauce. The last two identical spots held chopped mushrooms with fried shrimp and corn. All in all it was a fairly appetizing meal. Wriggle broke apart the two chopsticks that lay to the side of the box and dug into the rice. Wriggle noticed that he was even hungrier then he had thought. Tearing into the lamprey meal with his teeth felt very salty but the gooey rice was also very sweet. It was not long before he finished everything inside the lunch box. He let out a burp and placed the box on the table to the right of Mystia's bed. Wriggle then stared at Mystia leaning backwards against his chair. He thought about how wonderful Mystia's parents were and how she was lucky to have such caring parents as them.

The long silence had filled the room again and Wriggle felt himself choking on it. He was relieved when somebody finally came in again to break the silence. It was their teacher, miss Keine Kamishirasawa. Wriggle waved at her as she went over to place another flower where the other two flowers lay. She noticed you waved at her and smiled back. She then said, "Remember to give yourself a chance to sleep too. It won't do you any good if she wakes up and your half sleepy now will it?" Wriggle frowned at her but still nodded nonetheless. She patted his head and then said while pulling out a stack of paper, "You also missed three days of homework. Please give Mystia hers when she wakes up." Wriggle took the stack of paper with much reluctance. "Do you really have to be this cruel? Couldn't you have waited till we were out of this hospital to give us these?" said Wriggle obviously irritated. "But if I do that then my students will develop bad habits~.", miss Keine said winking at him before exiting. Wriggle sighed to himself as he started on the first assignment that he needed to do. Actually Wriggle was relieved that miss Keine had given him something to do. It took his mind off of the silence that filled the room.

It was late into the night and Wriggle had finished all the assignments that he had missed. He glanced over at where Mystia laid and thought to himself.

"Mystia... Please open your eyes... Your parents misses you. Your friends misses you. I miss you..."

Wriggle allowed himself to fall asleep again against the edge of the bed.

Wylfred

• The Black Knight.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:53:38 PM »
Alright, welcome back readers and it is time to post that other story that I didn't get around to finishing. Please enjoy.

"Papa... Want mama... Where mama go...?"

Whined a short silver haired toddler with bright gold eyes as she on the leggings of a silver haired man in a blue robe with a black sash around the middle. The man averted his gaze from the kid not wanting to show the tears in his eyes.

"Mama... Went with auntie Reimu somewhere... She'll be back sometime..."

The kid on the other side of the man said nothing as he stared at what lay beyond. The kid held an empty look in his eyes because he knew the truth. The truth that their mothers had long since passed over. The man knelt down to his daughter and stammered with tears in his eyes.

"You'll see mama in a little bit... We are going to visit her right now..." The man fought the urge to break down crying as he carried the two kids through the forest. They came to the entrance of a valley hidden with the last powerful barrier of Hakurei just over a mountain. The man walked through the barrier feeling an uneasy feeling. As he walked farther and farther into the valley he could see a village. The man breathed a sigh of relief as his eyes laid upon it.

Images started to blur now and the pictures started to fade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WAKE UP HARUKI!!!"

The annoyed black haired teenager as he rubbed his ears as he looked to see who it was that awoke him. It was Anabel Morichika in all her energetic glory. "Jeeze, can't you just let me sleep in for once?" mumbled the annoyed teenager. "But what fun would it be if you just sleep all day~? Besides, my father said he needed to talk with you about something important~." Just once did the Hakurei wish he could finish his dreams. It seemed like an impossible wish as long as Anabel was still here. "So Haruki... What kind of dream were you having~?" said the Anabel smiling at him. "Nothing. It's nothing..." replied Haruki. He didn't have the heart to remind her of such painful memories. "Its alright Haruki... You can tell me..." she mumbled softly. The teenage Hakurei sighed. "I had a dream about a giant teddy bear and it wouldn't stop hugging me." said Haruki while rolling his eyes with his head turned. Just then Anabel latched onto his back and let out a loud squee. "That's so cute Ruki!!!" she squealed as she rubbed her cheek against his back. Ruki was the nickname that he had gotten called whenever he allowed Anabel to see his soft side. "Ugh, can you let go of me now?" grunted Haruki obviously not happy at the moment. "But that's just so cute Ruki! Your always so uptight about things~." replied Anabel continued to latch onto his back. Haruki was taller and stronger then Anabel but he didn't want to hurt her. He sigh to himself as he waited until Anabel stopped on her own.

Haruki sat on his bed and stared outside the window. It was a cold gray sky like yesterday. There hasn't been a sunny sky in many years. The last one had been when humans still ruled the world. The world was now dominated by an army of youkais led by the King of Youkais, Ryuichi Sakamoto. Who was the very same youkai that helped create the first Hakurei Barrier. Haruki had been studying History in the local library for quite some time now. Not all the youkais were aligned with Ryuichi. Some like the tengu and the kappas allied with Lord Tenma, King of the Sky. Humans like us escaped into areas of hiding. Anabel handed a cup of tea to Haruki as he sat there staring through the window and then left the room. Haruki finished his tea and decided to get dressed. He wore a thin black leather shirt with a white coat lined with red on the edge. On his lower body he wore pants and sandals. On his right leg a dagger in a crimson red sheath lay. It wasn't the most fashionable choice but he didn't care.

He opened the door that led outside and was instantly met with a cold brisk wind. There were some kids playing outside in the middle of the street. An old man was pulling a cart full of food to the local market. Haruki walked outside in the middle of the village and started towards the direction of Anabel's father's shop. Rinnosuke Morichika was an young and hardened man. Although technically half youkai he still sided with the humans when Ryuichi decided to go to war with the humans. Haruki smiled and wave at the kids who would look his way. The parents were all tending to the village's crops in the field. Haruki's village shared the burden of farming with each other so that they ensure that this year's harvest of crops were bountiful. One kid on the street came up to him and said in a high voice, "Hey ruki! You promised you'd play with us today! You better not be lying!" Haruki knelt down to him and patted his head while saying, "I'll be back in a bit. When I come back, then we'll play." The kid nodded at Haruki and returned to his friends. Finally Haruki arrived at a shop with a large sign over it. The sign read 'Kourindo' in big brown letters. Haruki entered through the door and was greeted with the sight of antiques stacked up upon antiques.

A man with mid length silver hair in a blue robe with a black sash in the middle came walking towards Haruki. "Haruki... What ever I tell you today must be kept a secret between us alright?" Haruki nodded and Rinnosuke continued, "As you may have known, your the last living descendant of the Hakurei Bloodline." True, Haruki had already known that he was a of Hakurei Heritage. "As such only you and only you are able to use Hakurei Artifacts." Haruki nodded. Rinnosuke then pulls out a long cloth wrapped around what appears to be a sword. "This is a sword that was made out of the yin yang ball that your mother used to fight the angel of death Sariel. It holds tremendous sealing powers." Rinnosuke handed the sword to Haruki. "This sword is yours now and yours alone." Haruki bowed towards Rinnosuke. Rinnosuke let out a sigh and said, "Your mother wanted me to teach you how to fight. She wanted me to prepare you for your ultimate destiny. That is to seal the King Of Youkais inside the blade. We will start training at tomorrow morning." Haruki contemplated for a second before replying, "What about Anabel?" Rinnosuke cupped his chin with his hand and furrowed his brows. He then sighed, "She doesn't need to know about this. I wouldn't forgive myself if I let her get involved." Haruki nodded for the final time before leaving. He sighed to himself as he headed straight for home. He didn't feel like doing anything at the moment and just wanted a place to get a piece of mind. Haruki felt like a huge weight was dumped on his shoulder as he leaned against his bed post.

"My ultimate destiny... huh?"

He was lost in his own stream of thoughts and didn't even noticed that someone came in. He was awaken from his musings when Anabel poked him. Anabel stood there pouting at him holding a bowl of soup and a spoon in the right hand. "You should really take better care of yourself Ruki. I won't always be around you know." she said frowning at him. The thought of her not being around felt strangely bitter to him. Haruki accepted the bowl of soup from Anabel and she took a seat in a chair by his bed. She stared at him with worried eyes as he downed the soup with the spoon. "Haruki... Is there something that's been bothering you...? You can talk to me about it..." offered Anabel with pleading eyes. 'No was what he wanted to say but all that came out was, "I rather not talk about it." She was really making it difficult on him with the stares but he persisted. He had to. Anabel already had enough things to worry about. Why make her life more difficult? She then said in a soft tone, "I really wish you would tell me what is wrong... Sometimes I feel like there's a brick wall between us and it gets bigger every day." Haruki quickly got up and hugged her tightly while saying, "I'm sorry Anabel. I am truly sorry to hear you say that. I just don't want you to get involved. Please understand." Anabel hugged back and replied, "Alright... I trust that you will tell me when your ready Ruki." Anabel then got up and left the room again.

Haruki now laid in bed with his arms crossed behind his head. He tried to recall memories of his mother's warmth. Images start playing in his head again and slowly lulls him to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Remember to be a good boy to uncle Rinnosuke alright Haruki?"

A tall blacked hair woman with a shrine maiden's garb patted his head as she turned towards the approaching army standing besides a blond haired woman in a witch's costume. Little Haruki clinged onto uncle Rinnosuke's leg as he watched his mother go fight the army of youkais with the blond haired woman.