Author Topic: (URGENT WARNING PLEASE READ) Dear Scarlet Library  (Read 7160 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
(URGENT WARNING PLEASE READ) Dear Scarlet Library
« on: April 01, 2010, 02:21:50 AM »
As I'm sure visitors to MotK have noticed in the past hour, the forums are being taken down with extreme prejudice by our PMSing admin, TSO/Yagami Hayate. There are many thing I can say about this, but I will not bother you with them, as there is very little time before the forums go down for good.

Still, it is my duty as your former Global Moderator who has put so much work into this site to warn you all. When the forums go down, so will the fanart, the codes and the scripts, the games and the stories. Therefore, I urge you all to backup your stories to your personal space as quick as possible. When it's gone, it's gone. I'll try to save as much as I can, but I can't save everything.

.... I'm sorry, Librarians. All the work we've done has been for nothing.

Oh well. Now's not the time to dwell on it. There's work to be done.

I can be contacted here. When the forums go down, poke me there and I may have your stuff. For now, there is frantic archiving to be done. Please, save everything before it's too late.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Re: (URGENT WARNING PLEASE READ) Dear Scarlet Library
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 02:43:20 AM »
Bumping this for Ruro to keep it at the top.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 02:53:44 AM »
Similarly, I have most of everyone's stories, from the last reboot to now.  You can find me at my own place here.  I don't think I have all the oneshots, but I have nearly everything else.  If pressed, I might archive the Art Atelier too, so you could ask about them too.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:58:45 AM »

Everything is fine. Nothing is lost. Enjoy your good ol' PSL.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 04:00:02 AM »
this topic broke my heart

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 04:00:58 AM »
These threads are the main reason why I thought this was real

Oh gullible gullble me

I guess I can start deleting my backups :V

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 04:07:26 AM »
*sigh*

I suppose it could have been worse.  Now the question remains - should I keep on with the backups, or just leave it at that?
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Vicks

• Hurr Durr
  • WRYYYY
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 04:47:56 AM »
Well, I recommend you keep those backups, since well, another April Fool's joke may happen on a day which is not April 1st?
I am a thinker. I cast light on various concepts. I can unveil the world's dark secrets if I so please. And yet, there is a single enigma that even I cannot clarify.  - Renko Usami

I am a dreamer. I wander through countless dreams. If I will, I can even walk the roads of the land of illusion. And yet, there is a single vision that even I cannot grasp. - Maribel Han

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 06:29:51 AM »
*sigh*

I suppose it could have been worse.  Now the question remains - should I keep on with the backups, or just leave it at that?

It would be pretty cool if you could tell me how you made the backups. I'd love to make some myselves.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 07:55:21 AM »
I just save them wholesale, page by page. :V

Make sure you save them as Web Page, complete; otherwise you'll have trouble figuring out where everything goes should the server die out (since Web Page, HTML only still uses the site's resources and it'll be a jumble should you save it as a .txt file).  Firefox defaults the save name of these as index.php.html; rename them.

If you're going for long-term storage, it may help to just outright transcribe the story to a word processor.  Just cut out all the  replies.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:57:22 AM by I.P.D. »

Move eternally forward,

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 08:03:05 AM »
If you're going for long-term storage, it may help to just outright transcribe the story to a word processor.  Just cut out all the  replies.
Yeah, I was thinking about something like this. Thanks for the tips~

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 11:02:32 AM »
ohgodyesit'sstillhereiwasscarediwouldn'thaveanywheretoputrisingstarbutit'sbackyesssssssss

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
ohgodyesit'sstillhereiwasscarediwouldn'thaveanywheretoputrisingstarbutit'sbackyesssssssss

Psst, need a space key? I got some good stuff, just come over here into that alley  :D

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »
I wasn't really all THAT concerned with losing EverWander - I had enough of it saved on my laptop to rebuild it elsewhere (but that doesn't mean I still wasn't concerned just a little). I was more worried about losing all the other fics that I was keeping track of.

WHAT THE HELL MAN ;~;

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
Since the show is over, I guess this thread here can be locked, so I'll do that. I'll leave the decision to probably delete it to Ruro.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »
Librarians can lock threads?

Oh my goddddddddddddddddd :o

Though, I will keep this around for lulz. >:D

<Sakana> Well, in that case I'll add it to the Fanworks Listing as well, under Misc threads   :D

[ruro]Truly, no one can escape from the Librarian Squad \o/[/ruro]