Author Topic: Contest #5 Submission, Division: Lunatic ★★★★  (Read 8298 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Contest #5 Submission, Division: Lunatic ★★★★
« on: March 13, 2010, 07:02:40 PM »
This is the submission thread for Division Lunatic. Do NOT post multiple times, edit your post fully.

Contestants (14)
DgBarca
Drake
Furu
Karanum
Kylesky
Johnny Walker
Onthenet
Nanoha Takamachi
Naut
Nimble
Ravenlock
Stuffman
Suikama
VideoGameCrack

Use this format for posting your submission (copy/paste):
Code: [Select]
[b]Url:[/b]
[b]Game type:[/b]
[b]Boss:[/b]
[b]Title:[/b]
[b]Plot:[/b]

[b]Spell card #1:[/b]
< description/note >

[b]Spell card #2:[/b]
< description/note >

Deadline: 11th of april 2010 at 23:59 GMT+1
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 08:48:26 PM by Helepolis »

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
Re: Contest #5 Submission, Division: Lunatic ★★★★
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 09:55:28 AM »
I guess I should start the posting... I've been done with this for a long time already anyway... Might still change some things though... :V

Url: Bulletforge
Game type: Stage
Boss: Koakuma
Title: Koakuma Defends the Library!
Plot: Reimu/Marisa/Sanae has wondered into Patchouli's library. Patchouli is angry at them for trespassing, but she's sick today, so she sends Koakuma, who has been studying magic usage under her, to drive them away.

Spell card #1:
Apprentice Sign "Tri-elemental Cascade"
Koakuma tries learning magic like Patchouli, but she's not powerful enough, so she can only use 3 of the 4 elements (fire, wind, water and earth) at a time.

Spell card #2:
Magic Sign "Tome of Elements"
Patchouli lends Koakuma her favorite elemental book. That said, prepare for a major beating.

WARNING: SCRIPT MAY CAUSE SLIGHT LAGGING DURING NONSPELLS AND DIALOGUES DUE TO BACKGROUND
WARNING2: SCRIPT USES SHINY BULLETS   Refrain from using Reimu A if it blinds you...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:19:06 AM by Kylesky »
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 06:54:19 PM »
Now with playable & possible!

Url: Ver1.1 (4.93MB) BulletForge
Title: Koa's Quest
Plot: When Patchouli absent the library for a whole day. Koa take
responsibility to defence the library!

Spell card #1: Librarian Devil "The Book of Four Fold"
Why most of set must be 4? These books are summon to protect Koa and
assault her enemy...
Wait, you have to protect the book are you?

Spell card #2: Librarian Devil "The Devil Who Possesses Books"
With the devil power, Koa able to move any book in the library to her master hand
instantly instead of have her to wait for a long time. Library size really be problem.
(I get this plot from "A Devil's Desire" doujin (Circle - Memoria) :p)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:35:31 PM by Nimble »

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:01:58 AM »
Url: BulletForge (4.6 MB)
Boss: Hieda no Akyu
Title: Akyu's Daily Pray
Plot: After a visit to the human village, our favourite girl finds Akyu. It's pray time, and she want to pray with us.

Spell card #1:   Memory of Gensokyo "A pray to Akasagarbha"

* Akyu seems to be a kind person. She looks like a child... but she doesn't think like one.
   She daily prays for her memory, and now, I am praying with her.
   Coins, petals, flowers, butterflies and even ghosts... This is a very beautiful view.

Spell card #2:   Memory of Gensokyo "Recording the history"

* Now, She will probably write down this encounter into her chronicles. But every time
   she finish a sentence, she writes the next one more quickly.
   It becomes harder to read her movements as time passes.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:28:02 AM by Johnny Walker »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 09:28:06 AM »
URL: http://bulletforge.org/u/videogamecrack/p/contest-entry-lily-white/v/101
Game type: One spell card
Boss: Lily White
Title: It's time to celebrate spring!
Plot: Lily wants to make sure everyone knows it's SPRING again and invites you to a danmaku match!

Spell card #1: Awakening "It's time to celebrate spring"

I didn't know Lily had this much energy.
And not only that... her danmaku actually has structure!
To be fair, it's pretty hypnotizing...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:20:41 AM by Patrick Alexander »

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »
Url: On BulletForge
Game type: Plural
Title: Stolen books, spell books
Plot: Reimu or Marisa are still stealing books in the library. Yes, Reimu too ! She can't find her usual recipes book.
 It has been some years that Koakuma is able to use spell books, but her magic level is not that great. So she can still defend the library, but against such humans...This time, she will use some different books !

Spell card #1: Devil Sign - "Artificial Power"
It is a very surprising spell. Koakuma normally have a low magic level, it's impossible for her to throw so much bouncing fire while doing other attacks. But in fact, this is not fire, it's flaming kunais. It proves that this little devil has a hard-working brain after all. So sad that these kunais are turning into dust after some time, I know someone that would like to "borrow" some.

Spell card #2: Wrong Book - "Golden God Flare"
This one is just a tragic, unexpected, and horrible error. Koakuma wanted to use one of Patchouli's spell book to defend the library. But it was a mess on her table, and putting all in order would have waken her up and make her mad, so she took the nearest book and ran. However, she took one of Patchy's most powerful book, the "Golden God Flare". It was very dangerous for Koakuma to read this book, because her magic level don't permit to use so powerful magic, and you saw it, right ? She lost control, and BOOM ! This explosion will get Patchouli mad, poor devil.

WARNING => It have curvy lasors, many of them. On my computer fps did go down to 48 fps. But it might lag more on others.
WARNING => On the first spell, RUN!
WARNING => On the second spell, CAUTION!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:33:05 PM by DgBarca »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

RavenEngie

• Now how'm I supposed to stop those mean ol' Mother Hubbards from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer, use a gun. If that don't work...
  • Gaming-Obsessed Illusionist
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 07:14:24 PM »
Url: BullatForge (8.54MB, blame the music for being so large)
Boss: Lily White
Title: The Lily Fairies' Secret Garden
Plot: The player stumbles onto the secret (squared-off) place of Lily White and Lily Black. They don't seem happy to see her, though.

Spell card #1: Plant Growth : Climber Vines
Flower vines produce more flowers than bushes. So Lily Black plants lots of vine-y plants in the garden. They also wilt quicker, though....

Slight warning : Runs slightly slow (about 1-3 FPS slower than full), due to the large 3D-ness of the background. And the other effects. Runs fine on the spellcard, though.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:16:11 PM by RavenDevilin »
WALUIGI BACK! NOW THIS SIG IS FUNNY AGAIN!
Mah arts! :3

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
Url: BulletForge
Boss: Tokiko
Title: Breeze of an Ancient Ruin
Plot: On their way back from Kourindou, the heroines find an ancient ruin in the middle of the Forest of Magic. Who lurks in this dark cave?

Spell card #1: Wind Sign "Pinwheel Storm"
Apparently, this little Youkai can craft some nice little toys. She uses them as her weapons, spreading it's deadly wind and homing towards it's target.

Spell card #2: Windmill "Horizontal Cyclone"
A windmill she built with the help of a blueprint from one of her books. There got to be some flaw with this windmill because it moves the air in the opposite direction.

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 07:40:45 PM »
Url: http://www.mediafire.com/?ymar2exnmim (Sorry Blargel, no BulletForge)
Game type: Plural
Title: The Grimoire and the Devil Librarian
Plot: Marisa dragged Reimu and Sanae to Voile in order to get an interesting grimoire she had seen the day before. The problem is, Koakuma has found that same book and was planning to use it against all intruders! With this magic artifact she could become an actual threat to the youkai hunters!

Spell card #1: Magic Tome "Danmaku Encyclopedia"
The mysterious grimoire lists the entire history of danmaku and all known patterns. With this knowledge Koakuma can piece together the perfect danmaku! Or is this book flawed after all?

Spell card #2: Magic Tome "Grimoire of Patchouli"
The grimoire also has information on the spellcards of all inhabitants of Gensokyo. Koakuma decided it's time to unleash her master's power! Her danmaku changes when you use different characters.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 02:46:02 PM »
Url: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5128007/3mf_stuffman.zip (Dropbox)
Game type: Stage (also includes a Plural version with only the judging spellcards, and a Stage version without the intro)
Boss: Three Mischievous Fairies
Title: Calamitous Exodus of Strange and Bright Nature Deity
Plot: Stuffman and the 3MF try to produce an epic story to make them more popular.

Consists of a complete stage. The actual judging portion is the last four spellcards (starting with the first spellcard the 3MF declare).

Dialogue is different for Reimu, Marisa, and Sanae. However, because I couldn't find a way to universally identify if the player is using Sanae, any player that is not Reimu or Marisa will get Sanae's dialogue.

(NOTE: due to my failure to read the rules my entry consists of four spellcards, and I can't just convert two of them to attacks because that would mess up the pairing gimmick I went with. Hopefully this isn't grounds for disqualification?)

Spell card #1: Sunny Luna [Eclipse Corona]
Sunny Milk and Luna Child's combination. They say you shouldn't look at an eclipse because it can damage your eyes. Although the moon only reflects the sun's light, apparently the sun and the moon together are brighter than just the sun. Sunny uses her ability to produce a blackout zone where you can't see the bullets.

Spell card #2: Luna Star [Sparkling Black Ocean]
Luna Child and Star Sapphire's combination. Obviously, the title refers to the night sky, but the stars behave like water anyway. It's unclear whether it's safer to run from the crashing waves or to dodge through them.

Spell card #3: Star Sunny [Daybreak Horizon]
Star Sapphire and Sunny Milk's combination. It's the edge between the sun and the stars. The sun will suddenly break the horizon, so be careful.

Spell card #4: Sunny Luna Star [All the Sky's Light]
The full Three Mischievous Fairies' combination. Sun, moon, and stars; each provides a different challenge to deal with. It may be easier if you stay at the bottom between Sunny and Luna, but watch out for Star's special attack.

Side note: Sleep!? Who the fuck needs sleep!? AhahahAHhahaaAAhahaa
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:47:37 PM by Stuffman »

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »
Url: BulletForge
Game Type: Single (lol)
Boss: Tokiko
Title: Tokiko (Nake! Wameke!! Tokiko!!)
Plot: Tokiko wants your bum.

Noncard 1: ??
Tokiko throws whatever she has in her arsenal at you, periodically switching up the pattern to keep you on your toes! Purple and yellow reign supreme!

Spellcard 1: Spellbind "Blinding Labyrinth"
Tokiko throws huge ass lasers at you, blinding you with her additively blended bullets of gayness.

Two difficulties. If you kids don't play this at 60fps I will come to your house and cut you. Fullscreen puts you in 60fps if you have that 57fps glitch, by the way. Bombing will screw up the music timing, so if you can, don't bomb.

Procrastination left this sadly incomplete, but I did what I could on what I had.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:53:44 PM by Naut »

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »
Url: BFF
Game type: Single
Boss: Akyu
Title: Advent of Akyu
Plot: Player challenges Akyu to a match, but then something unexpected happens

Spell card #1: ??
We were waiting in anticipation for something extravagant, worthy of the Heida name...
However, something went wrong and well...