Author Topic: The worlds are One  (Read 4742 times)

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
The worlds are One
« on: March 13, 2010, 01:03:17 PM »
This is not a long fic, instead, it's a bunch of short stories about Touhou when they interact with the outside world. Not sure if it's acceptable or not, just comment out :D I'm still training so "Touhou Dark War" has to stall, and this is born. The stories is connected with each others somehow, and is NOT following the canon (read: completely made-up). Thank you for all the comments and advise!

=====================================
Isn't it beautiful?

"Is that so?"
A group of female students gather to a corner of the class, right after the teacher took his leave. Girls, they're always like that. Even though this is just the beginning of the year, and all of them may not know each others' face, but when there is a topic to gossip, they're best friends. Not to mention, the topic at hand is no daily event.

A ghost in the school. Or at least that's what they believe it to be. Rumor has it that people saw a cute girl who runs around, then disappear to thin air. Many had seen her, yet the name cannot be confirmed, nor can she be recognized by any teacher. The ghost is already the talk of the town, but there was no harm, and she didn't seem to scare anyone either. Nevertheless, for such active, healthy and smart students in class A-2, they will not just let it slip by.

"What do you think, Kochiya?"

"Eh?" The girl with green hair surprises a bit. Then she avoids looking in her friend's eyes. "I am... er... not sure. It's just a girl, right? Not like anything is wrong."

"What was that? Aren't you a priestess? It's your job, Kochiya, not to mention..." The girl leans towards Sanae, with a big grin on her face. "... that girl is cute! I want to see if she is cuter than me!"

"Ha ha ha, you're pretty confident there."

The group bursts to laugh. Well, it's not that Kochiya Sanae doesn't concern of the story. However, she is merely a priestess, and her job is not going around finding ghosts. Additionally, there is already someone doing that.

"Kawasumi-san, Kurata-san, you don't seem caring about this."

Sanae reaches her voice to the duo sitting separately from the group. They're pretty well-known for their differences, one is quiet and passive, and one is stand-out, talkative with an all-time smile on her face. Despite all that, the duo is very close, they have an ideal friendship that many yearned for from a high school like this.

By the way, the quiet one is a ghost-hunter. No one knows it of course. Sanae just happened to find out since she herself obtains a similar power, therefore she didn't talk to anyone about it, nor she tried to get close to her. How to put it... Sanae is just shy.

"Oh? I think it's real, the ghost. But I don't think she's bad, if she's a cute girl like everyone said, she must be a nice child. Right, Ma~i?"

The ghost-hunter looks at her friend, then quietly nods. She looks like a doll, as in "refined and cute".

"Anyway, I think I have to go now. And I agree with Kurata-san, even if the ghost is actual, she's harmless. But if you meet her, don't do anything strange okay? Take it as a priestess' advice."

"Eh~ That's boring~"

Sanae smiles and packs her belongings. She then quickly leaves the classroom, unforgettably waves to her friends. Let's see... today she'll cook curry, her gods just love curry don't they. Believe it or not, Sanae can talk and interact with the "gods" in her shrine just fine. She doesn't need any ritual, or magic circle often seen in movies or manga. It's not like it's unreal, just that Sanae is a special case.

"Kochiya."

A soft voice calls to her, as Sanae's walking down the stair. It's Kawasumi Mai, the ghost-hunter. She's alone, standing on the top of the staircase. It appears Kawasumi didn't tell her best friend about her job. No one question her, though, it's obivious.

"There is two ghosts in the city. But they aren't what I need to kill. So please help them."

"Two? I see. And it's kind of you, Kawasumi-san."

"Not really. Just that they are not really ghost."

"What do you mean?"

Kawasumi then walks down, and hands Sanae a piece of paper. There are names on it, like she just wrote it down.

Tsukimiya Ayu - room 205
Ibuki Fuuko - room 311

"They're in the city hospital, their spirits go out because their wishes aren't fulfilled. I can't do anything so, it's up to you." She quietly places her hand on Sanae's shoulder, and raise her other hand's thumb.

"Right... I'll try my best. Thank you for the information."

"Yes, just do it the fastest you can. Before the rumor flies too far." Kawasumi turns around and walks away. Leaving Sanae with questions in her head. What would happen if the rumors fly? She recalls Kanako-sama told her something similar.

Try not to have rumor about us, Sanae.

For some reason, Sanae thinks there is something hideous happening, causing Kanako-sama to be so cautious. But, life is being perfectly normal from her point of view.

"Well, guess you can never be too careful."

No matter what, curry comes first.

"You won't do anything."

"Eh?"

They're sitting around the table, having dinner like a happy normal family. The only thing is the other figures, Yasaka Kanako and Moriya Suwako, are goddesses. The native gods that exist for people, live on faith and acquired such power that can change the face of the town whenever they want to, sitting there, eating curry and chatting with their priestess like mothers with their daughter.

"It's nothing special, the case will solve itself. Sanae, another bow please." Suwako, the goddess that has the body of a little girl, lively demand a second, or third.

"Yes, by the way I don't understand, what do you mean it'll solve itself? If this is a wandering spirit, isn't it bad for the original body? When the soul's absence reach a date, she will be as dead."

"Precisely, however at the moment there is nothing we can do to fulfill their wishes. Rather, when specific events meet, the solution will happen. As a god, I can say both of them will be saved very soon."

"However, we have another problem that I'd like to tell you, Sanae, and another bow please." The mother-looking figure, the divine Yasaka Kanako, suddenly wears a serious face.

"Yes. What is it, Kanako-sama?"

"We're moving to Gensokyo." Both gods say in sync.

"What?"

"The sage said it's good for you to have education, but the residents in Gensokyo miss us. And I'd be lying if I say we're gathering more faith here."

Sanae is surprised. Yes, she loves Gensokyo too, but no matter how you look at it, it's much more comfortable here in the modern world than there. And Kanako-sama was the one suddenly brought Moriya shrine outside after a party, then said Let's do our best gathering faith here again!. So why now they have to move back? Sanae can't help but doubt.

"Is there something bad, Kanako-sama?"

Replies her is a complete silence from both gods. Suwako is trying to avoid answering by eating her curry like a starving girl, while Kanako casts her eyes away from Sanae.

"Kanako-sama, Suwako-sama. Even I can sense it, we didn't have any ghost, nor you cared about rumors flying around. And I absolutely not understand why we left Gensokyo at the first place. So tell me what's wrong."

The gods look at each others, then they sigh. "Yes, you have the right to know."

"Sanae, we were out here to investigate the world. This was a request from Yakumo Yukari. Tell me, Sanae, do you believe in paralleled worlds?"

"After going to Gensokyo, I can't say no to anything anymore." She quickly responds.

"Very good, then I'll get this straight: we have paralleled worlds, and they're merging to our world. We don't know how, but the reason is here. Not only us, almost everyone in Gensokyo is going to be outside for this."

Such news! For the residents withing Gensokyo to come out to investigate, no matter what that is, it must be huge. Sanae shrugs, but not from fear, from excitement. She wants to take part. So, why are they moving in Gensokyo again? That night, Kanako and Suwako explain everything. The gods already had a grasp of the situation, so now, they will move in Gensokyo and guide everyone there to the outside world. Additionally, they wanted to secure Sanae's safety, therefore they tried to convince her to stay in Gensokyo.

"No. I will help!"

Mighty as they are, the gods cannot refuse their beloved priestess when she has that face. Isn't it a miracle? Who knows, but the incident is rated as neutral. Whether it's a miracle, or a disaster, it's the job of the people from Gensokyo to make sure.

"Sanae, do you know anyone named Suzumiya Haruhi?"

================================================

This chapter looks really like the 1st chap of a long fic, but no, just a summary why is this happened. The next stories should be like a 4-koma about random event.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:48:21 PM by Fortevn »

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
Re: The worlds are One
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »
Forever

The night of nights, when the Moon is at its brightest, gently pouring down the calm, blessing light. In such time, it just have to have an event. This night, friends are met. To be honest, people tends to be over-dramatic in the scene where nature shows off her beauty, the same goes for creatures who claimed to be noble, as if the refinement is already in their blood.

They stand side by side, in a dark, dirty alley. Despite the filth surrounding them, the Moon still casts its light upon two beauties who are smiling at each others. One of them, without a doubt, is the famous Remilia Scarlet. Her bat wings though big, is fold neatly, making themselves almost invisible if you just take a glance. The other, sparklingly gorgeous in a smooth, white clothes. She herself shines the whole alley and leaves the Moon ashamed. Both are looking at the sky, like they're recalling a far, far memories that was already forgotten.

"My words, how long has it been? You are still as powerful as ever, princess." Remilia starts the conversation as turning to look at her company.

"Around 400 years, I suppose? You seem alright, I thought you were killed in that raid." The 'princess' smiles, and looks back at Remilia.

It was long ago, when human blamed every disaster to evil, and thus yearned to wipe out the dark. Vampire was recognized as one of the strongest evil races, so obviously they were the first to be eliminated. The dark age. They threw away their souls, their loves, and their pride. All to record was blood. When the witches were hunt, the vampires used this opportunity to escape Europe, but yes, human were everywhere. The only made it to Asia was the Scarlet family's daughters, Remilia and Flandre. Here, wounded and starving, they met the successor of the Yakumo, Yukari, and accepted to rest in the land of Illusions. From that time on, they didn't have any news and sadly believed their race has gone.

"But you're here, princess, I am glad. And from your words it seems there is still vampires around, thought they're just Apostles."

"Well, they're my enemy now, Remi. If you want, I'll be happy to have you by my side."

"That is an honor. But I thought you already have a powerful companion?"

"Ahaha, of course I do. And he is not just a companion, he is my prince."

Remilia startles. The princess was lied to and betrayed by a man, then spent 400 years to hunt him down, everyone thought she had lost her heart for love, yet... The Scarlet eldest daughter bursts to laugh, out of pleasant.

"Sorry, I'm happy to see you happy. That's good, princess." She takes a breath and regains her manner. "I'd like to meet him sometimes, maybe he can play with my sister, even."

"Oh, no no. He's just a human, Flan-chan will definitely kill him by accident." Now the princess laughs, waving her hand to refuse.

The conversation goes on with the laughs and surprises. Remilia tells her princess about Gensokyo and its residents, then listened to how the world has changed. Though it's long, but both are satisfied. They then fly to the sky, mix into the night and become one with the wind.

"So you died, eh? That's not very good."

Sitting beside the kotatsu, Patchouli Knowledge is staring at a lady whom she once knew. The lady seems doesn't care though, calmly takes a sip of tea and passes Patchouli a book.

"This is the grimmoire you wanted." She says. "I'm glad the worlds are merging as they are now, or else I won't ever be able to keep my promise."

"It is fine, I can wait."

They talk about the past, the present and plan to enjoy their future. Why, they both are absolute aware of such chaotic situation it is, yet they are still acting so carefree and relaxing.

"So you are taking part in a fight? I have heard of the Holy Grail War, but this is the first time I know it's actually existed."

"Hah, I myself didn't believe it, but I am here, so there is no point to doubt. Additionally, thanks to it I found myself a treasure." The heroic spirit joyfully talks, she was in love, and got ditched for her husband's selfish sake. She had one tragic life, done many things for her beloved and got herself sacrificed.

That's why she looks so happy now, loving one and being loved. Patchouli can't help but smile, feel happy for her.

"So, do you need my help in this war? I don't mind having fun, you know."

"I'm grateful, but with the world as it is now, I think we will cease fire for a while. I heard your friend already met her long-lost princess?"

"Yes, more vampire, I don't know if it's a good thing. Anyway, I'm more curious about your opponents, Medea."

The servant Caster pauses a bit, as she's regathering her thoughts. Then she takes out a piece of paper and gives it to Patchouli.

"Arturia, Cu Chulainn, Heracles and Gilgamesh? Wow you are really pushing your luck here." the youkai witch utters in a low voice. With Medea's power, the hero of Ireland and the King of Knights maybe not so difficult, but the God of Strength and the King of Kings are other story.

"I have vast network to collect information in this city. It seems we are getting more and more companies. Like you and your friends, Patchouli, they are just as powerful. I would love to have a peaceful life now, but just in case, if a war breaks out, let's not be in each other's way."

"I agree, we in Gensokyo don't like unnecessary bloodshed either. However, who are the companies you were talking about? I know that the shinso, Arcueid Brunestud is here, and you with other legendary heroes. I'm not trying to be over-confident, but they're still no match for some I know."

"I know, I got information about them. Kazami Yuuka, the master of flowers, Yakumo Yukari, the sage of boundaries, Hoshiguma Yuugi, the oni deva, Saigyouji Yuyuko, the princess of Death, and Okazaki Yumemi, the abandoned scientist. Am I correct?" Medea winks. Patchouli now wears a blank face, amazed.

As expected from Caster, her work is simply amazing. Not even she discover the elite, she also learnt their background, and power. Maybe with such network, they can find the reason why worlds are merging together.

"Say, Medea, can you find the location of someone named Suzumiya Haruhi? She is causing this incident."

"No." Caster quickly replies. "I tried, but there is someone stopping me to locate it. That's the problem right now. I don't know who that is, but he or she must be very powerful. Though the person is doing nothing, we cannot rest assured."

Someone stops Medea's spying network... which even Yakumo and Kazami couldn't do? Patchouli feels kind of excited. If now, for instance, she happens to meet that person, a spar would be inevitable. Maybe living in Gensokyo for too long gave her such a hot blood.

The sun now begins to wake up, dawn is coming quietly from the east, filling the horizon with a deep orange light. Patchouli says goodbye to her friend, Medea, and quickly walks home. She is an inside type of person, doesn't want to be in a crowd, not to mention most of the time she's found deep in thoughts. As Patchouli steps through the silent road, she spots some people are already awaken, prepare for another beautiful day of their life. One of them, a small girl in a school uniform, is looking at her.

The girl whose face is calm, but somehow emotionless, her hair is the same color as Patchouli, but much shorter. She is cute, but not outstanding, rather, her presence is so weak no one would ever notice her. And just like that, Patchouli simply ignores the girl and keep walking. After all, she has works to do, and that is finding the person who's protecting Suzumiya Haruhi.

================================================
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:48:37 PM by Fortevn »

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:36:13 PM »
Andante

This city is beautiful, no? It's active, yet not crowded like Tokyo. It's modern, yet the tradition is still in-sight. Below the skyscrapers, trees and flowers are plant in an artistic way, so lovely that gives the pedestrians a calm feeling, helping them out of daily work-stress. Or at least, that's what Reimu thinks.

The Hakurei miko is wearing casual clothes, a red dress. She isn't having her ribbons, instead a simple ponytail to prevent the heat of the summer. Walking alongside her is a girl with curious eyes, looking at everything around. The girl in a white T-shirt and jeans, maybe already known, Kirisame Marisa.

"Hey Reimu, let's go eat something!" She excitedly pulls Reimu's arm, pointing at a Taiyaki stand.

"No, Marisa, let's finish our job first. After we see everywhere in the city, I'll let you eat."

"Heh~ You're acting cool aren't you. I know you want some tai~ya~ki~." Marisa teases her friend, purposely put some strength in the last three words.

"... Okay, I give up, do what you like." Reimu sighs, then gets herself dragged by Marisa to the stand.

The duo is strolling around, studying the terrain of the city. They have a map from Kochiya Sanae, and insisted to do this alone. Nevertheless, they're both young girls who never have been in a city. It's easy to understand how Reimu and Marisa unconsciously start to enjoy themselves, discovering a new world.

"Ha ha, did you see it? Outside world is amazing, eh?"

"Indeed. I will ask the kappa if they can make a TV."

The girls happily chat while enjoying their ice cream. They stop at a park and relax. The sun is beginning to set, melts the sky to a deep red color. If you look at the sky, everywhere is the same. However, it also casts into you a feeling of nostalgia, the memory from childhood time, where you were looking at the sky of red. It is sad, or more exact, heartrending. Maybe, just maybe, without an artificial fountain and stoned-road, it will be Gensokyo, where Reimu and Marisa just lay down on the grass and give away their worries.

The harmony of the gentle wind melts in my heart,
As if it's spinning my memories together...

From thin air, a quiet, yet cute voice flows to their ears. Someone is singing as they walk. The voice is so sweet it grabs both Marisa and Reimu's attention, yet still also manages to let their mind fly with nature.

When I close my eyes, I see a sunny scenery.
Because I've met you.

Overflowing gently, my droplets of love,
They turn into warmth in my heart.

There is a girl. She is tall, and outstanding with her long, pink hair. She walks around the fountain, joyfully singing as if none is around. Or should I say, even if there is, she would just sing for them.

I want to let you hear my wish dyed with happiness.
I want to stay by your smile forever.
The flowers of light blooming in the sky chase away the darkness,
And let me sing with joy.

Do I know the real me?
With the pain of doubt and uncertainty,
The two of us spread our wings towards the unknown future.
Will we cuddle together in the wintry wind?

Reimu and Marisa just sit there, listen to the girl's voice as if it's the most beautiful thing in the world. Love, love fills the air, love fills the earth. The girl's song gives out the love that cannot be comprehended by the duo from Gensokyo. They know friendship, communication, fighting and parties, but they didn't know of love. But, they can feel it, it's from this girl's voice, an one-sided, unconditional love is pouring from her soul, making the powerful duo feel so weak. They want to raise voice, but can't, they just sit there looking at the singer who seems to be at their age, yet so beautiful, and lovely.

"Oh, sorry, did I disturb you?"

The girl asks. Reimu and Marisa startles, as they just get back to earth. For some reason, they blush. Maybe because they made such a face that stopped her from singing? It's so regrettable.

"No, no! Actually I was enjoying it! Your voice is so beautiful."

"Oh? Really? You flattered me." The girl smiles, it looks like she already gets used to being praised. No one can't see why, though.

"No, it really is..." Reimu stands up, scratching the back of her head like a kid that found a toy, then lost it.

"It's really rare for students to be here at this time, though. Do you love the park?"

"Yes, kinda... you know, it's calm here, and everything."

"My, it indeed is." The girl happily claps her hands. "My name is Shirakawa Nanaka, can I know yours?"

"Sure, mine is Hakurei Reimu and this girl is Kirisame Marisa."

"Marisa, ze!" Marisa quickly stands up and waves at Nanaka. "That song was very nice, ze!"

"Thank you, it's a song of my grandma. She was a great singer, I heard she sang it once when she was 17. It's very romantic, right? I wish I can have that kind of love, too."

"When I heard you sing, I thought you already are in a relationship?" Reimu tilts her head, curiously.

Nanaka's face then begins to turn to the color of the setting sun. She instantly tries to change the topic but Marisa busts it and the duo capture the poor girl.

"Geez, okay, I admit. I'm in love with a boy. But you see... he is dating with my best friend now, I was too slow, and too shy..."

"OBJECTION! ZE!" Marisa shouts. "If you love him, you have to tell him! It's better than keep it a secret. Additionally, you will tell your friend, too."

"Eh? No I can't, she is my friend, yet I'm loving her boyfriend..."

"No but, ze!" Marisa is all heat up, she stands in front of Nanaka and starts making composure to support her speech. "She will understand when you tell her, because you are best friends, ze. It's very bad for you to keep it a secret, because if anything happens... NICE BOAT, ze!"

"Eh... what does nice boat have anything to do with this..."

"No question, ze!" Marisa points at Nanaka, startles the already-confused girl. Reimu then push the witch away, holds Nanaka's hand and encourages her with (imaginary) experience. Yes, it just is a random conversation of a group of girls, but they met, they be friends and that alone is worth a thousand jewels. The chat goes on as they walking side by side, singing short, funny songs and eat some awesome-looking bread from a store named "Furukawa". Nanaka tells Reimu alot about this city, like how big it is and many places to visit. They then part when the stars start twinkling. Marisa wants to go to the pub but Reimu drags her back to Moriya shrine.

After all, tonight they'll have a dinner with their friends.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 02:14:23 AM »
You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read 'NICE BOAT, ZE!'

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »
What I want is what I've got

Is it really impossible for a girl to fight? She was tough, she was strong, but no matter how hard she tried, she still couldn't get what she wanted. To be honest, she just want to give up, and run away from reality. Love, it's not just something between a boy and a girl, it's something between everything that has a heart, and a soul. Love is vast, love is everywhere, yet it cannot be obtained so easily. Her family now is broken. Fights happened between her parents who used to love each others a lot. Why is it?

She doesn't understand, she doesn't even want to. She turned her back to herself and began to follow her instinct to live. She ran to the street, she fought like a beast, she kicked everyone's sorry ass if they dared standing in her way. She then ignored her parents, her brother and trashed away their talks, her life gradually became meaningless.

That was a dark night. She was in a turf war against a bunch of gangster, all by herself. Of course, she was strong, but she is still a girl. So she got beaten up. Fortunately enough, she escaped just when they tried to push her down. No matter, win some, ya lose some. But then she heard some noise, a random boy was trying to jump down the bridge. Normally, she would just walk away or go kick that lame excuse of the life to his end. But she realized it was her little brother.

"Takafumi!" She screamed. But it was too late, the boy cast a blank look at his sister and let himself go. That sounds like a tragic end, heh. I said, the girl was tough, she instantly jumped along and saved her brother. The ambulance came not as quick, though.

"He has serious injuries, please prepare for the worst."

That was the doctor said. The tough girl was just standing there like a statue, coldly. Beside her was a couple hugging each others, crying loudly to their son. She didn't look at them, she ran out again and bumped to a gang. What to expect? She fought them like crazy, and of course, she lost. This time she didn't run away, she didn't care. But before the thugs could do something everyone will say that they don't want to see, two girls appeared.

They are as young as her, but within them she saw a light of life. Hope, that mysterious duo brought. They easily chased away the gang and dragged the girl back to their house, literally. Or it's not really a house, it's a shrine. The duo talked as the walked, something about curry and what to do with the girl who was slowly regaining her consciousness.

"Can you help her?"

"Well, she has bruises all over but it's nothing serious."

Who are talking? It's dark. The girl tries to open eyes, and first thing she sees is a giant frog.

Kyaaaa!... she shouts, and quickly jumps back, in stance.

"Oh, she can see me!" The frog shouts joyfully, or not, take a closer look it's a short girl, she's wearing a big strange hat with two eyes as decoration. Really, if she gets too close you will be scared too.

"Really? Hey girl, can you hear me here?"

She turns around, the voice came from a mature lady who is sitting divinely on the floor. Wait, why does she use "divine"? She doesn't know. But something really strange about these two, as if she is seeing...

"Hello, we are the gods of this shrine, nice to meet you." The short girl waves her hand happily.

... This is getting stupid.

"Er... hi, I thank you for helping me, but I have to go..." She tries to walks away. The mature lady quickly grabs her arm, and pull her down. It's no technique, nor it's strong, but the girl obediently sits down, which surprises herself.

"You're going nowhere, girl. You see us, which means you have potential. Mind telling us what's troubling you? Or before that, you want some cheese cake?" The lady sees through her. Maybe they're really gods? The life taught her to not believe in gods, it screams the cake is a lie within, but again, her arms obediently accepts it, and her head slightly bows.

"Haha, what a cute girl, I like her." The frog girl leans on the lady's shoulder, like what best friends do. Well, they're both gods after all.

"Thank you, my name is Sakagami Tomoyo. I... my family has some issue, but I rather not bother your kindness with it."

"I see, if you wish, it can't be helped. But Suwako is right, you are a good girl, I like you too. Therefore I'll grant you something." The lady places her hand on Tomoyo's head, and gently pet her. A warm, comfortable feeling flows down her body, as if she's sleeping on the best bed, while listening to the most beautiful melody in the world.

"Hey I want pet her too!" the frog girl also pets her. It feels so nice, Tomoyo doesn't know if it because she's being pet by gods, or simply no one had pat her head for years, ever since her parents had a fight.

"So... that's how it is, huh? Listen, my girl, you are a weak one. But you want to settle things by yourself. That's great. I bless you health, and strength, and an advice: Go up hills, that's where your life will bloom. Don't take it too seriously, even as a god's words. Be flexible, dear, and you will be fine."

"Bloom like a Sakura in spring,Tomoyo-chan. I wish your family happiness too." The frog goddess smiles. And before she knows it, Tomoyo finds herself in the hospital's hallway, in front of the doctor who's taking care of her brother.

"He has passed the crucial situation, now you can relax. It was a miracle."

She rushes into the room, where her brother is there, sleeping peacefully. A couple are sitting beside his bed, hands in hands. They then notice their daughter and run to hug her, saying sorry for what they had done. For the first time in years, tears start to roll down Tomoyo's face.

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 09:10:40 PM »
One more time, one more chance

Yamaxanadu Shiki Eiki sits behind the bench, casting her eyes upon the defendant who was escorted by shinigami Onozuka Komachi. The guy, holding his head and trembling like a mouse in front of a cat, murmuring something cannot be heard. He is obviously desperate, and having strength to stand can already be an effort.

"Court is now in session for the trial of Yagami Raito." Shiki Eiki slams her gavel. She takes a look at the courtroom. It's spacious as always. Even though she is a Judge from Japan, but the higher-ups decided to adapt the design from the Far East, they say it looks better. However, they don't have many people here, so it is quite... empty.

"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor." says the beautiful blonde youkai, Yakumo Yukari.

"The defense is ready, Your Honor." replies the sage of the Moon, Yagokoro Eirin.

Shiki: "Very well, this case is a serious one. Therefore I'd like to take it as clear as possible. Your opening statement, Ms.Yakumo."

Yukari: "Yes, Your Honor. I believe everyone in this courtroom is well aware of the incident which happened roughly a year ago in the outside world. A human, who somehow had his hand on the Death Note, an item which belongs to the Shinigami. He then throned himself as God Kira, and vowed to purify the Earth with the Note."

Shiki: "I need further details on the purify part."

Yukari: "He used the Note to kill off every criminal he found on the news, regardless their situation. Some didn't even have to die for their sin, some were waiting for their punishment, however, he just murdered them all."

OBJECTION from the defense.

Eirin: "I don't see any problem with that. People will die eventually, so it's better to wipe the sinners. Additionally, mister Raito here did help punishing the criminal who were hiding themselves."

OBJECTION from the prosecution.

Yukari: "That may be true, but they already have a law system. Yet he was still killing the under-arrested and people who was trying to find him, I may add, who were completely innocent!"

OBJECTION from the defense, with a slam on the table.

Eirin: "Hah! I don't think there is anyone in the world who can be completely innocent!"

Shiki lowers her gavel and asks for order. Indeed, it was a huge mess last year, the amount of soul coming to Hell was ridiculous that gave Shiki a headache. She also remember how many had their vain for the injustice that befall upon. So, the trial may not be as long as expected.

Shiki: "I can see the situation now. Miss Yakumo, please enlighten us with any evidence you have."

Yukari: "Certainly, Your Honor. The prosecution would like to summon a witness. Please bring shinigami Ryuk to the stand."

Komachi quickly goes out, and in a blink of an eye, she comes back with a tall, skinny and black creature. His face looks like that of a human, but has much wider mouth. Though they're both shinigami, but Komachi and this guy are completely different.

Yukari: "Witness, please state your name and occupation."

Ryuk: "My name is Ryuk, I'm a Shinigami whose job is killing people when their lives come to an end." He looks amusing, tilting his head to look at Yagami Raito who's trembling after the bar. "Are you alright there, Light?" He asks politely, but still has a big grin on his face.

"RYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!!!!" The infamous Kira screams, he suddenly regained his strength and jumps onto the shinigami. Komachi has to knock him back with her scythe and brutally pushes him back to the bar. Despite that, Raito still screaming at Ryuk for letting him die.

Yukari: "I think we pretty much know the relationship between the two. Ryuk here can be considered the closest person to the defendant."

Shiki: "That's good. Now, let's hear the story out."

Ryuk's Testimony 1: Why I gave him the Note
You see, the Death Realm was boring. At that pace we're all going to die.
So I was like, um, 'How bout giving some human the Note and see what he'll do with it?'.
That's all, really. I gave it out twice, the first time was just a kid, but he was too scared and trashed the Note. Next, Raito here found it and claimed to change the world.
I found it very interesting, so I let him use it.

Shiki: "...You are not a very hard worker, aren't you? I can say I will have a word with King Shinigami about this later. But for now, the defense can have her cross-examination."

Eirin: "Yes, Your Honor. But now I don't have any question, so I'd like Ryuk moving on."

It is quite an event. Everyone in the just stand there staring at the Lunarian. Everyone, except Yakumo Yukari. She doesn't seem surprised or impressed. Maybe the gap youkai already knew there was no flaw in Ryuk's testimony? Or even if there is, it still is unrelated to the case at hand?

Eirin: "Ryuk, I'd like to have your testimony about a specific topic... your eyes."

Ryuk didn't expect to be asked this question, he pauses a bit and scratches his head. Well, in front of such individual as Shiki Eiki, he better be honest and answer all the question.

Ryuk: "...Okay, tho I don't see anything related to this trial..."

Ryuk's Testimony 2: MY EYES!!!!!!!!!11

As every other shinigami, my eyes can see the person's name and age. I can also know when they will die.
This is how us shinigami chose the victim to kill, in the past.

Shiki: "I see, quite a handy ability that is. Miss Yagokoro, your cross-examination."

Eirin: "Yes, Your Honor. Ryuk, you were the closest to Yagami Raito, so I assume you had known his time. Then I ask you, did it change during the time he was being Kira?"

Ryuk: "No, of course not. The time of death of a human can't change."

Eirin: "Are you sure?"

Ryuk: "...Yes."

Eirin: "I see, very well. Your Honor, the defense would like to have another testimony from another person."

Shiki knits the brows, why, what is Yagokoro trying to do? The defense having another witness is nothing uncommon. But since she didn't say "witness", should it be someone unrelated? However, the brain of the Lunar capital isn't just a baseless title, the Enma actually quite curious to see what Yagokoro can do to defend Yagami Raito, the serial murderer?

Eirin: "The defense would like to summon Remilia Scarlet."

A surprising feeling fills the court. Remilia? She is the vampire of fate, and all of thing, that devil has nothing to do with this case. Faster than one can drink a tea, Komachi brought the vampire in, she also has her maid coming along, refined and noble as ever.

Eirin: "Miss Scarlet, please tell me about a fate of a human. Details in how it changes, if it can."

Remilia: "My, calling me here just for that? You're really annoying... But well, since it's an order from the Enma, I can't refuse."

Remilia Scarlet's Testimony: Fate/Stay ZERO

Fate itself is something vague, most unstable and can't be predicted.
Of course, everything once born had its fate bond to themselves. But they can never, ever know of their destiny.
Why? Because if you know the result, you can change the process to obtain a brand new aftermath. This, is what made everything changed.
That is why future is never told, people can guess all they want, but even if they predicted their fate, it is just a coincidence.

Eirin: "So, you're saying people cannot know when they die, or in what manner?"

Remilia: "Precisely, there is only a few race that obtain the ability to read fate, and they have to keep it a secret until death. I am an example."

Eirin: "Thank you very much."

Remilia elegantly turns back and walks away, not forget to bow at Shiki. The vampire was quite a pain to deal with, since she has control over fate. However, Shiki heard that the ability is so hard to use Remilia almost never touch it. According to her testimony just now, that seems to be obvious.

Eirin: "The defense has a statement: Ryuk knew when the defendant would die, as everyone who got killed by him."

Yukari: "And? Does that change anything?"

Eirin: "It does, indeed. As Miss Remilia just said, the fate of a person can't be changed unless they're aware of it. So, Ryuk knew how the game would go all-"

OBJECTION from the prosecution.

Yukari: "Shinigami used to kill people before their time, so they will gain the difference for their own life! Which means, Raito's work was the same, it's just that he didn't gain any-"

GOT CHA! from the defense.

Eirin: "Human can't know their fates! That's why Yagami didn't gain anything! He simply killed people who fated to die in his hand!"

The courtroom bursts out. Even the Bailiff are whispering to each others. This is a marvelous comeback, this Court, isn't like any of the outside world's, Master Shiki Eiki judges people due to their sin, which includes Lie and Denial. One who refused their life, and pursued the way that wasn't given to them, will be punished. If somehow, Yagokoro Eirin can prove that being Kira was Yagami Raito's fate, he will certainly escape Hell.

Shiki: "Order, I demand Order! Ms. Yagokoro, your statement is most impressive. However, in this room, as in every other court, evidence is everything. Please backup your conclusion well, or else I will have to give you a penalty."

Eirin: "Definitely, Your Honor. This is my evidence."

She then shows everyone an apple. No, it's a half-eaten apple to be exact. Yukari bursts to laugh, sarcastically denies Eirin's evidence, as it can't prove anything.

Eirin: "Ryuk loves apples, doesn't he? Then, let me ask you, how can he eat his favourite food, since the Death Realm has nothing but dust?"

Yukari: "He has to go to the outside world... ah!"

Eirin: "It seems you figured it out. Of course, he can go to the outside world as much as he wants, but he can't just grab any apple as a shinigami, who can't be seen by people."

Yukari: "So he had to find an acquaintance who would happily buy him apples, is it your point?"

Yukari now doesn't look confident as she did, sweats are dripping on her forehead and she is leaning on the table. She just found out something important, that seemed to be so trivial to pay attention to.

Eirin: "Precisely. He had to find a person to befriend with, who is not afraid of killing, and is capable to survive long enough to supply him apples. And who, in the world, fits all the requirement?"

Yukari: "Yagami Raito..."

Eirin: "Yes! Yagami Raito, an excellent student, who was bored to death with the filthy world, who has real talents to be a detective that can outwit almost everyone in the world. Yagami Raito didn't randomly pick up the Death Note, he was chosen!"

The courtroom explodes. As matter of fact, the defendant, Raito, is standing blankly behind the bar, while Ryuk starts sweating bullets. The turnabout was so fast, everyone chatting to others and giving thoughts loudly, some surprised at Eirin's speech, some tries to wait for Yukari's comeback. Shiki slams her gavel many many time that the bench now has a hole on its face. "ORDER! I WANT THE CENSORED ORDER!" she shouts.

Shiki: "Prosecutor, what do you say?"

Yukari: "..."

Shiki: "Miss Yakumo?"

Yukari: "Sorry, Your Honor, I want to have another testimony."

Shiki: "Alright, is it from Ryuk you want to hear?"

Yukari: "No, Your Honor, the prosecution calls defendant Yagami Raito to the stand."

===================To be continued hopefully==================

Yeah... I said I won't do a long fic but man I just played Ace Attorney, couldn't help it. And Death Note had its flame war for years already. I thought this may be fun to do, especially it has so many dialogue. I love dialogues.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:25:40 PM by Fortevn »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 01:00:20 AM »
This was a fun read. I don't get all of the crossovers (I only got Kanon because Mai and swords <3), but the story didn't lose much, even then. Nice job.

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 01:33:42 AM »
Ah yes, sorry I should have put the reference for them.

Chap 1:
Kawasumi Mai - Kurata Sayuri - Tsukimiya Ayu from Kanon
Ibuki Fuuko from CLANNAD
Suzumiya Haruhi from The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Chap 2:
Arcueid Brunestud from Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Caster/Medea - Arturia/Saber - Cu Chulainn/Lancer - Hecrales/Berserker - Gilgamesh/Archer from Fate/Stay Night
Nagato Yuki from The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Chap 3:
Shirakawa Nanaka from Da Capo II

Chap 4:
Sakagami Tomoyo - Sakagami Takafumi from CLANNAD

Chap 5:
Yagami Raito - Ryuk from Death Note

The story started as people from Gensokyo went outside to find Haruhi, but I'm trying to make them gradually accept the world and live happily forever :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:37:10 AM by Fortevn »

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 09:44:39 PM »
Beh I'll come back to that trial later
Kan Guo Lai

Today, he takes a walk again. Well, it may appears so, but he actually runs around aimlessly in the city. Haha, why, you ask? In summer, the coolest place must be outside, where lovely girls wear as less cloth as possible. They're doing it not only for them to prevent the heat, but also to refresh people's souls whom they pass by. Oh my, how kind of them.

He tries talking with the girls on the street, of course, just some normal greetings. But meh, they ignore him and walk away. Maybe because he's short? Dammit, if he was only 20 years younger!

Lonely boy's sadness
Say it aloud, who understands?
Please send over a charming glance
Humor me, flirt until my heart is ecstatic

He whistles a Chinese song, joggling around the street, window-shopping you may say. But no, he is actually staring at the reflection in the glass, which's showing the thighs of cute girls joyfully walking around. People wasn't kidding when they said Tokyo is heaven of some kind, you know.

"Excuse me, are you master Kensei?"

A clear, Chinese-accent voice reaches his ears. Standing behind, is a beautiful girl who wears a Chinese clothing and outstanding with her red hair. The short man looks like he finally found the meaning of his life in her breasts. He quickly jumps on the girl, but she instantly turns to a side, pushes him away with her palm and stand in stance.

"Oh, that's pretty impressive."

"As expected of Ma Kensei, I'd be happy to have a spar with you!"

Meiling puts her weight into the back leg, then stomps the ground. She literally jumps horizontally with her punch stretched, aim on the man's face.

"Wait, let's not fight here!"

He turns around and starts walking. Even though he looks exactly like a middle-age man who's walking normally, but his speed is incredible. Not only he leaves behind Meiling's Spiral Light Step, he also creates a great distance before the fist lands at where it was supposed to. The gatekeeper of the SDM, most impressed by this, quickly retakes her manner and follows him with her fastest Step skill.

They then arrive at a quiet alley, where people just randomly throw away the trash. These alleys are very famous for witnessing turf wars, some of them had gone to the legend. Yes, the deaths of many from the underworld, unrecorded, can only be told by such alley. Hong Meiling, who is a youkai, can feel nothing but excitement. She took a holiday from work to come all the way to Tokyo, hoping to find the master of all Chinese kempo, Ma Kensei. Having a spar with him here, is more helpful than killing a thousand youkai.

"My name is Hong Meiling, I am a youkai who yearns for the techniques of 4000 years. Please, let me study from you with this spar, sifu Ma Kensei!"

He looks left, right, up, down, it seems that every girl is very complex. Such a beauty ran into him, and the first thing she said she is a youkai. Man, girl's thoughts are very strange! Nevertheless, this girl does have a great potential as a martial artist, she may be even as strong as Kensei himself. If she really is a youkai, it still isn't bad. After all, this will be the first time he fight against a youkai.

Kensei slightly bends his body, while raising up his arm. His hands fold down, and index, middle fingers make a hook. Tiang Lang Quan, or Mantis Fist in English, this is quite a good combat style, regardless the user's body, fat or thin, tall or short, they can all use Mantis Fist as a deadly martial art. The back of the hands are used for blocking attacks, while the fingers are used to hit the vital spots of the body. Not only stabbing, thrusting, the fingertips can pretty much slash off the skin or hook the joints.

Meiling stands in her normal stand, the Tiger Outs. Quite an ordinary one, but allows her to advance with great speed, thus increases the damage from her direct attacks. And as approving, Meiling jumps at Kensei, shoots a fist at the short man.

Kensei is as calm as ever, he smoothly swerves, places his foot behind Meiling's front leg, while leaning forwards as his front arm lowers. And in a flash, the back of his hand whips at Meiling's face, at the same time, his leg sweeps Meiling's.

Getting stunned, but with the strength of a youkai, she isn't wasted just yet. Meiling twists her elbow as trying to thrust it into Kensei's temple. However, the short guy quickly hooks her arm with his other hand, and pulls her toward. With that, he easily advances to behind, where he uses a Ba Gua Zhang on her spine.

Meiling falls down like a doll. The impact isn't too much but his Ki almost destroyed her internal strength. For now, she can't use Ki anymore, even moving recklessly is a bad idea for her back.

"You are good. I had to finish this quickly before I get killed, haha. Nothing personal."

Kensei takes a breath, he didn't do anything dangerous to the girl, simply restricts her from fighting in an hour or two. Maybe even less, consider her power. She really is a youkai.

"Ugh... as expected of sifu Kensei, you're strong."

"Ho ho, of course, I'm the strongest in all China!"

He pats her bottom unconsciously, thus earns himself a boot to the head. "Wh- wh- wh- wh- what are you doing?" Meiling cries embarrassingly, quickly turns around and sits down on her butt. She heard that Ma Kensei was a great martial artist, and some said he is now a pervert, but she didn't actually take it seriously. Say, who would think the Bunbunmaru really told the truth?

"Oh sorry sorry, you have such a nice ass I unconsciously..."

"...You touch girls just because they have good figure?"

"Yes, I mean, who wouldn't? Ha ha ha..." Kensei scratches his head, laughing off with a shameful face. "Anyway, you have great potential, youkai or not, why don't you start learning to control your Ki? Like Tai Chi?"

"I know some of it, but right now I'm more focusing on the offensive. Just that I have someone to surpass."

Surpass, she says. In his life, Kensei had seen many that learned martial arts for their own goods, such as "being the strongest" or "revenge". And when it comes to "surpass someone", most of the time they just want a new technique to beat their rival up. However, in this girl's eyes, it's more like she's trying to surpass herself. As if somewhere, she's considered weak. Of course, in that case something like Wudang won't help. If you are called weak, that is a wall, and you have to break through it to be strong.

"So, if you want, I can teach you."

"Eh?"

"I can teach you how to break a tank, miss. Of course, the fee isn't cheap..."

"Ah, no it's fine. I came here to have a spar with sifu, now even though I'm defeated, I obtained what I wanted to. My apologies, I'll train myself and come back. Next time, I hope I can learn more from you."

She then stands up and make a clasped fist salute, slightly bows. Kensei also does the same. He was somehow serious about teaching her. As a sifu, a supervisor of more than 100.000 talented martial artists in Mainland, he still hasn't seen anyone has this much potential. Perverted jokes aside, he really wants to be her sifu. Meiling can be a good partner with his current disciple too. But anyway, the beauty walks away, calmly and steadily as nothing happened.

"Ah.. Suan le, hui jia ba. (Ah... forget it, let's go home)" The man sighs.

This featured Ma Kensei from The History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
Kan Guo Lai is a Chinese song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hgvzj1l4wE

Well all the chapter's titles were names of some songs I'm fond of anyway :D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:46:47 PM by Fortevn »