Author Topic: Player Scripts for Danmakufu (Old wiki dump, 01/26/2014)  (Read 108898 times)

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
Hey, anyone liked how Alice played in IN? :V

Welp, hope you weren't expcecting that for Danmakufu, because's here's something different!

Instead of having an annoyingly straight laser, she now has a simply annoyingly straight pair of shots, similar to what most Touhou games start you out with, just a bit stronger.

Here's where the difference comes in: instead of a standard bomb, you get dolls that you can place to increase your firepower. And their shots change depending on your focus, too!

Not happy where you placed them? Just press the bomb button when you lack a bomb to cause them to laser and destroy themselves. After a while, your bombs will be returned.

Also, since just setting a doll down to avoid bullet damage doesn't make much since. there's GraceArtful Sacrifice for a counterbomb, which is much more like a standard bomb. And more like Royal Flare than Artful Sacrifice, but eh. :V

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
that poe script is AWESOME~!
seriously, the bombs, the special stuff, this is revolutionary. I especially loved the unfocused bomb... You could've made the sound effect louder.
some homing bullets remain onscreen and the character select image is too big, but besides that this is my new favourite danmakufu character. (besides jin :3)

You could've made the sound effect louder.

B. . But it already ear raping :derp:  I'm glad you like it.

Jin : Hmm I wonder what the fuss is all about, OH GOD WHY WOULD I WANT TO SWITCH PLACE THERE , AND THE BULLET ANGLE IS ALL WEIRD AND THE BULLET'S IS LIKE EVERYWHERE AND THERE'S LASER ZOMGGGGGGGG THE LASERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
The player always points to the center of the screen and so do its shots.
There's a mirror image of the character at the other side of the screen. Double-tapping Z while the counter is full makes this mirror character deal big time damage to its area.
When pressing c, you switch locations with the mirror character. Useful for quickly gathering items, and survival spellcards.

:colonveeplusalpha:

Hmm, I can't wait for Chie's complete auto pilot function  :V

Alice : Oh look, you can place 3 dolls anywhere and they'll help you shoot   :] and you can reset where they go, that's kinda nice, and they shoot laser when you reset them  :V Remind's me of Parsee's clone thingy. The bullets are so pretty  :*

Wa . . . Wait, no bombs ?  how am I gona save my ass when I get danmakufued ? those dolls ain't gona die for alice how selfish of them for their owner, Alice without a bomb is like Alice with no gender FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU eh ?
there's GraceArtful Sacrifice for a counterbomb
how do I do that ?

*attempts

OH GOD WHAT  :o *ear raped[/size]

Hey There !

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
as for the alice player, if you constantly keep tapping X you can abuse the laser to do extra damage while the boss moves.
flawed concept, but i've seen it used correctly for that nhimor player, so it's possible you could make something better out of this. havent managed to get a deathbomb yet but i'll try now.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
Once the lotus on the frame turns green, you can press C (or whatever your user key is set to) to activate Lotus Mode, which greatly powers her up and increases her bomb damage. Probably my prettiest and most complex script. Enjoy~"

Great, but most of the bullets in Burst Lotus Mode go off in irrelevant directions. Not so good for bosses.

Mr. Blue

• Blue Heart of Gloom
Wow. It's a little complicated, but once you actually figure out how to use it, it's pretty cool :]. Though if you DID make an Alice based of IN, you could give her the laser (I think it's called Spectrum Illusion or something) from IN and use her Shanghai doll as a familiar and have it shoot bullets with a wide range. Just a suggestion ;)

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
Instead of having an annoyingly straight laser, she now has a simply annoyingly straight pair of shots, similar to what most Touhou games start you out with, just a bit stronger.
Alice In IN has an annoyingly tiny pair of shots hidden below her lazer too.
Try spazzing around with solo alice at 0 power.
Just posting to be a jerk.

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
Like I said, similar to what most games starts you out with.

:P

Also, there's going to be an update to the Alice player soon. It's just on another computer.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: Player Scripts for Danmakufu (Marisa A and Kanako for ph3 added, 08/22/2011)
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2010, 02:44:25 AM »
Im'ma just point out that Alice has recharging deathbombs.

Infinite deathbombs plus doll lasers that aren't affected by bomb shields...

Re: Player Scripts for Danmakufu (Marisa A and Kanako for ph3 added, 08/22/2011)
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2010, 05:38:18 PM »
Im'ma just point out that Alice has recharging deathbombs.

Infinite deathbombs plus doll lasers that aren't affected by bomb shields...
...versus crappy DPS, time limit on counterbombs, and difficult maneuvering, amirite?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »
The DPS seems very high if you just tap X for doll lasers. And if you just tap it and get hit, chances are you'll deathbomb.

And when your dolls refill, so does that deathbomb stock. :/

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2010, 10:11:22 PM »
On the other hand, that's not gonna do you much good against something like "Border of Life and Death;" you can't counterbomb multiple times in a row.

Hm, the laser DPS is annoyingly high, though. Maybe to make up for their immobility? Still, if you use 'em properly, you can pretty much cover the screen, so that's gonna need to change. >.>

(Also, if the boss is standing still...)

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2010, 03:36:12 AM »
Dark Sanae. (Mirror)

Tryin' to get back in the groove of things, so here's full power Sanae A and B for y'all.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:36:10 AM by Naut »

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2010, 11:47:47 AM »
Nice job using walker's scripts for screenshots :V
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Sejha

• I think Im a game dev. And Musician.
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2010, 09:42:04 PM »
Sanae is stronger, so that's a plus.
Sanae B still makes Sanae A seem completely worthless.
I've evolved a lot. When did I make this account again?

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2010, 10:15:41 PM »
Sanae B still makes Sanae A seem completely worthless.

I prefer Sanae A  :derp:

GenericTouhouFailure

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2010, 11:43:38 PM »
Sanae B is missing 2 Frogs under her regular shots
(remember that the 2 familiars below her ass fire 1 frog upward too)
I'm picky  :dealwithit:

GenericTouhouFailure

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2010, 01:49:26 AM »
Just downloaded it and...
OMG
WTF
LOL

Ok you win.

Oops I broke your Remi. (Either that or Mitori DId)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:38:05 AM by GenericPeerlessWindGod »

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2010, 12:31:53 AM »
woah woah what the hell

Took me forever, but here's the second version of my Alice player! And boy, has it grown.

First off, the original Alice player is a much better balancedand coded; she's been heavily nerfed, but now she had six dolls to place (or blow up) for more stradegy. Yay, tacticoolness!

Also, there's now two more shot types.

Alice-B has a ring of circling dolls around her. These dolls -really- like to shoot. You don't have to really focus on aiming while unfocused. However, they start aiming to a spot infront of you if you focus. Useful for damage, unless you're on the other side of the screen and you're just trying to avoid stuff. Her bomb is "Grande Doll Performance"; several spiralling dolls that...are really hard to use. Still, it clears most of the screen.

Alice-C has only two dolls, but they're the decendents of the Shanghai she used in IN. In English, that means, yaaaay lasers! Trailing lasers, even; they're split when unfocused and fired normally while focused. Bomb is Color Sign "Rainbow Wave", which clears the whole screen with pretty colors.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:22:53 AM by XutaWoo »

GenericTouhouFailure

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2010, 02:46:04 AM »
First off, the original Alice player is a much better balanced[size=50]and coded[/size]; she's been heavily nerfed, but now she had six
cough
Code: [Select]
[size=50pt][/size]not
Code: [Select]
[size=50][/size]cough

GenericTouhouFailure

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2010, 03:38:47 AM »
quote is not edit
Oh god I am enlightened that the quote button does not edit the user's post Oops that was probably drake's line :V

Well, I was just trying to point out you're size tag is not working
also this is already 36.
i don't see a need for  50

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 04:23:18 AM »
It was meant to be something much, much smaller.

Different forums softwares, I guess. :V

Mr. Blue

• Blue Heart of Gloom
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2010, 07:59:01 PM »

Sanae ate Fawful? :V

Mr. Blue

• Blue Heart of Gloom
I am proud to present: Reimu A from Undefined Fantastic Object

<-- I wish I could've gotten Wild Exorcism Dance to come out better. The problem is you can't shake the screen in Dmf...
Please forgive me for necrobumping :ohdear:
I tried to make it as close to full power Reimu in UFO as possible
You'll notice it even comes with a UFO style hitbox :o(pops up, one rotates, the other doesn't)
The Persuasion needles even fade away :]
Critique is welcome
Enjoy!

Download Here
Mirror
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:40:20 PM by Mr. Blue »

Schezo

• en-counse
Wow that is awesome.  I like the small details you put into it like the orb familiars moving in and out with your focus along with the needle fading.  The bomb also looks more natural and not blocky like some character bombs do.  Although it is possible to shake the screen in Danmakufu, it messes up replays and other problems so that was for the best.  Great job.

Mr. Blue

• Blue Heart of Gloom
lol Thanks! I'm glad you like it! Did you notice I had to use the "Spell Card Circle" effect for Wild Exorcism Dance? I think it came out okay  ;)

Just finished a Battler character for use with the Beatrice set of scripts that's floating around. I was surprised nobody'd done this before me, as far as I could tell...

Shots:
Blue Truth Refusal - a more or less standard spread shot
Incontestible Red Truth - half straight shot and half Sakuya A-style homing shot

Spellcards:
Denial of Magic "Endless Nine" - More or less inspired by the shield in Samidare. It's not toggled like that one is, but a shield appears around you for a short time. After the shield breaks, it does damage proportional to the number of bullets you canceled, so when you use it be sure to run around with your increased speed and hit large amounts of bullets. Quite fun, I must say.

Game Master's Perogative "Golden Truth" - A sword. A very large sword.

It can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?7sbb3shet536hw7

(Sorry about the earlier size, I couldn't figure out how to thumbnail it. So here's this then.)

Let me know what you think!
(also am I supposed to be able to spell Yuyuko's last name correctly in the verification? I don't know that!)

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention big thanks to Stuffman's player script tutorial, it was a huge help in making this. (The homing method for Battler's focused shot is still named JackTheRipper... heh.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 01:50:18 AM by UnfortunateRamen »

Drake

hello there /jp/ anon

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
Oh god battler
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry