Author Topic: Weekly Writing Challenge Thread the First  (Read 476837 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Isn't the deadline today?

Aw, hell, there goes my sanity some more. Y'all sure you want one of the administrators, of all people, to be exposed to this? Yes? Oh, okay...

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
Have "fun" writing, folks! >:D
For tis great sport to have the engineer
hoist with his own petard

And I'm so sorry I couldn't pull together the vampire Aya/ werewolf Kisume slashfic.  I've been preoccupied with other projects.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Y'all sure you want one of the administrators, of all people, to be exposed to this? Yes? Oh, okay...
Hehe, you should have done it like me and sacrificed a small part of your sanity to get out of the mind-destroying judging that is about to take place >:D

Alfred F. Jones

Okay, I've read as much of these as I can handle. I've made sure to read something out of each submitted piece of shit work, but I can honestly stand before everyone here and declare that no, I did not manage to finish even a single one.

I hate you all.
I was reading this post, and I intended to reply with a "hahaha sissy" remark.

And then Ayuka posted. Dear god. Somehow it was the strawberry that broke the camel's back. I need healing now. ;__;

In any case, I've read 'em all now. Barring last-minute entries, I have my vote, and am waiting on Esifex's vote (and Chao's vote, if he was able to get some new medication to deal with the rest).

And I'm so sorry I couldn't pull together the vampire Aya/ werewolf Kisume slashfic.
Then we're just going to have to have a weekly writing challenge in the future that would suit that theme perfectly, hmmmm? >:D Vampires and werewolves, where have I heard that combination before...?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
(and Chao's vote, if he was able to get some new medication to deal with the rest).

oh right. i was being a sissy about this.

...Well hell, You guys braved this, as a MAN it is my duty to as well.

If I die, bury me with Nasu's next work so I can read it while dead.

Then we're just going to have to have a weekly writing challenge in the future that would suit that theme perfectly, hmmmm? >:D Vampires and werewolves, where have I heard that combination before...?

...this does not bode well.

Alfred F. Jones

Re: Weekly Writing Challenge! - Current: "Wild West Touhou!"
« Reply #305 on: August 09, 2010, 08:20:57 AM »
Like OMG mai b*tchezz (a/n its a Mai Hime reference geddit) this topic was super kawaii desu wa ne ^________^;; It was really kakkoi (a/n that means cool 4 all you ppl who havent lrned Japaneese from anime u suk) 2 read ur stuff and like it was totally hot I rly liked da stry about Patcholli making every1 her b*tch (a/n this is an anime fansite soz we should be nice 2 da kids) and bykak... byuak... bekcy and kasen having hawt sexx togehter and I also rly like d Cinro and Mimijo beating Sakowu it was 2tally kawaii.

But just like in Pokeman (they all had 2 fite each toher to be the best and tran them is mai cause) we had 2 chooze beteen all da entries and we finally chose da winnrar. k pppl u redy? kk here goez.

Erebys, you get a special menshun from Esifexx! (a/n Esifexx because he is da sexx geddit) 4 being da one who caused him da least trouble readin. And Skanacka gets honnorbale nmnetion! Chao-chan (a/n not da 1 from negmina tho she gots sexxy boobs) said dis about da fic:

oky so lke, ther where al rlly gr8 storees and that stff, but i hve to chse ne so

skaner or wtf his tag is (god wtf, chose a bttr name) cse hse is ttly rihgt bout the ptchy consprcy, and becky is a wy coller naem. we need moar skaners or ppl liek himherwhatever.

yhis waz liek, bestest ide -ever- gj rawor.

a/n Chao-chan u sexxy b*tch you ^__^ wanna go out 2 a movie or someting and then go to a hotel 2gether if u know what I mean ^__~ Ehehehe Chao-chan is sexxy I can't resist ^___^;;;

NEway! We haz a suprise wiinner! On da first entry 2 the writin contest, the winner iz...

Ayuka! Ayuka, u da bomb grrrrl (r u a dude? ur probably bi neway cuz bi guys are all sexxy and sensitive and listen to Good Charlotte) like totally. srsly, dat was aesome, omedeto de gozaimasu (a/n dat means congrantulatons like at da end of eva SPOLERZ) u get Spechul Membah n I totally spelled dat correctly!! I'm so kawaii ^____^

... did I really just write all that?

Excuse me while I purge myself of the filth. Violently.

many many minutes later

Okay. I feel more or less collected enough to continue.

Seeking out something a bit more conventional, but still with an equal potential for drama and fun, this judge here finally came up with a lil' somethin' somethin' for y'all. And here it is, folks!

August 8, 2010: "Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya, miko?"

A completely unaltered screenshot of Sakura Taisen V Act 0.

That's right, folks, this here is WILD WEST TOUHOU! Cattle drives, stagecoach robberies, and wanted posters abound 'round these here parts. Sheriffs keep bonnet-wearin' maidens from outlaws an' challenge 'em to quickdraw out behind the saloon, an' the railroad tracks gonna be comin' by here soon, so we'd best get the town proper presentable so's we can get a good mention in the papers!

Apart from the western settin', which includes cattle and period dress, there ain't no restrictions on your fics. You're as free as a horse on the range to do what you dad gum wanna do, be it comedy or drama or poker championship or just plain ol' everyday life.

Sound right proper reasonable? Good, I thought so. Have fun writin', folks!

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #306 on: August 09, 2010, 08:33:48 AM »
Omedetou Ayuka. Sugoi desu wa ne~ ^_______________^

Alright, no, not doing that any more. Congrats Ayuka, hope we'll see more of you here in the Library~

And I salute you, judges, for subjecting yourself to all those stories. Hope nothing left any irreparable damage  :getdown:

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Weekly writing challenge
« Reply #307 on: August 09, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »
Dang. Knew I should've raped my spelling. Well, congrats, Ayuka!

And Ruro, what inspired the Wild West theme? I've seen a bunch of classic westerns, so this could be lots of fun.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Vicks

• Hurr Durr
  • WRYYYY
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2010, 11:33:57 AM »
If only I remember where I left that gangster lord marisa/alice pic.
I am a thinker. I cast light on various concepts. I can unveil the world's dark secrets if I so please. And yet, there is a single enigma that even I cannot clarify.  - Renko Usami

I am a dreamer. I wander through countless dreams. If I will, I can even walk the roads of the land of illusion. And yet, there is a single vision that even I cannot grasp. - Maribel Han

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »
And I salute you, judges, for subjecting yourself to all those stories. Hope nothing left any irreparable damage  :getdown:

Die in a fire.

Tengukami

Weekly writing challenge
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »
:tengukami:

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ayuka

• Pursuer of cute things
  • Not obsessive in the slightest.
    • Neko Arrange
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »
the winner iz...

Ayuka!
Huhwha...?
I am horribly, horribly ashamed. And yet strangely proud... But mostly ashamed.
For the record, Sailor Wriggle's was my favorite
Thanks for the congrats and welcome, everyone! I will strive to make my future work not require eyebleach.

So, Wild West, huh? Ha ha, piece of cake being from Texas and all.
...Okay, so my only real exposure to the Wild West is Blazing Saddles. This will be a challenge.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #312 on: August 09, 2010, 07:32:01 PM »
Dang. Knew I should've raped my spelling. Well, congrats, Ayuka!

And Ruro, what inspired the Wild West theme? I've seen a bunch of classic westerns, so this could be lots of fun.
Don't feel bad, man. Marisa's Master Sparking of Hatsune Miku had me in tears of laughter.

As for what inspired the Wild West theme, it was partly a fixation on Gemini Sunrise, and it was partly a result of me returning to my old haunts-- the Mai-Hime fanbase, namely the excellent NazShiz artist Lone Wolf. This comic in particular finally gave me the driving force to choose the theme-- even though the comic in question never got very far. Naturally, I wanted to see it continue, hence this contest. :3

Oh, and to clarify, same two-week rule applies, since it's still summer.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2010, 08:55:12 PM »
It's good to know I can't make shit fics even IF I put on my "don't give a fuck how it looks" cap.

* Erebus shake hips
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2010, 04:03:57 AM »
...Okay, so my only real exposure to the Wild West is Blazing Saddles. This will be a challenge awesome.

Fixed that for ya.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2010, 04:15:42 AM »
Reading all of these well-written and enjoyable fanfics make me want to write my own. And then I realize that would mean I'd have to do work, so then I change my mind. :V

But seriously, I'm liking all the fanfics. I had no reason to post beyond saying "hey guys these fics are awesome keep it up"

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2010, 04:20:43 AM »
Reading all of these well-written and enjoyable fanfics make me want to write my own. And then I realize that would mean I'd have to do work, so then I change my mind. :V

But seriously, I'm liking all the fanfics. I had no reason to post beyond saying "hey guys these fics are awesome keep it up"

That you came in to say this after the last topic makes me wonder...
What's the best way to crush your mind?

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2010, 07:53:09 PM »
That you came in to say this after the last topic makes me wonder...
What's the best way to crush your mind?
That already happened to me a while back.

Also what exactly is the usual inspiration for the topics?

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #318 on: August 10, 2010, 09:48:14 PM »
Also what exactly is the usual inspiration for the topics?
Whatever finds its way through the screwed up minds of us judges, mostly. :V
Though everyone can shoot us ideas via PM, we will gladly accept.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2010, 12:06:41 AM »
Or, in my case with the Mecha crossover one, I just kinda jumped in all obnoxious like and loudly declared it while the judges were busy grading the previous entries.

That's frowned upon, though; the PM system works much better.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »
My entry for isn't complete yet but this may be relevant to some interests. (danbooru blah blah blah etc)

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Tengukami

« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2010, 11:46:25 PM »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #322 on: August 14, 2010, 12:57:17 AM »
Yippee-kai-yay!
I enjoyed Trigger-Happy Alice and the Shanghai Bandits, that was cool.

Ayuka

• Pursuer of cute things
  • Not obsessive in the slightest.
    • Neko Arrange
« Reply #323 on: August 14, 2010, 01:30:29 AM »
Yippee-kai-yay!
Absolutelly epic.
Particularly loved Cirno as the town kid.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2010, 02:07:19 AM »
Yippee-kai-yay!

That was great.  Loved Red's line about vermin having large litters.

Vicks

• Hurr Durr
  • WRYYYY
« Reply #325 on: August 15, 2010, 09:36:01 AM »
Damnit, it seems everyone has ideas for throwing Marisa and Alice into a gang =/
I am a thinker. I cast light on various concepts. I can unveil the world's dark secrets if I so please. And yet, there is a single enigma that even I cannot clarify.  - Renko Usami

I am a dreamer. I wander through countless dreams. If I will, I can even walk the roads of the land of illusion. And yet, there is a single vision that even I cannot grasp. - Maribel Han

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #326 on: August 15, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »
Damnit, it seems everyone has ideas for throwing Marisa and Alice into a gang =/

It's in their team name, dude. Malice!
Break the mold blaze a new path forge your own trail PIERCE THE HEAVENS

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #327 on: August 15, 2010, 07:06:23 PM »
Don't know what you're talking about partner.  Alice is one of them transplanted city folk.

Ah right, the contest.

(Gimme a mountain tempo in A minor)

Sidown partner and I'll tell you the story.  Don't feel like sitting?  Alright, that's okay.  I'll stay right here.

You see them there black marks on the table?  The ones that look like they were hands burned into the wood itself?  Well they are partner.  If you stare real close you can see the lines in the hands and fingers.  And those hand prints come from the devil herself.

What?  Don't believe me?  Well let me tell you how it all began...

T'was a gambler that went by the name Marisa Kirisame.  Gal used to be in Mima's band in General Lee's army, back when that meant something.  Well after the War between the States she found herself without a home, and with no money to boot, so she headed out west.  Tried a bit of cattle herding, and a bit of cattle rustling, and a fair bit of banditry, but that didn't suit her mind.

So she took up life as a gambler, and she was a damn sight better gambler then she was a bandit.  Not because she was bad at shooting mind you.  Just that Lady Luck seemed to take a fancy to her.  She always had the right cards at the right time, and not always 'cause of cheating neither.

'Course Lady Luck wasn't the only lady who'd she'd caught the eye of.  Add to that a whole list of fancy  marks she'd taken for all they were worth, and she ended up a girl with a whole lotta enemies.

But the biggest trouble she had was with with the '98 gang.  See, she'd ran with them for a bit before going her separate ways, and they always thought that her bailing out on them was kinda backstabing the gang and the memory of old General Mima.  When she started making more money gambling then they did robbing people?  Well they got real fired up.  She'd had to run from them more then once, and she'd had a couple of shootouts as well.

Then one day she heard that Marshal Reimu had put the whole lot of them six feet under, somewhere 'round Tombstone.  Marisa figured that was as good a cause to start celebrating as any, so she rode on out to her favorite bar to celebrate proper.  Just so happens to be this bar here.  The Hanged Doll

Now you might ask why the Hanged Doll was her favorite?  Well the answer for that was plain simple.  Marisa might have caught the eye of many a lady, but her eye had only been caught by one.  Alice Margatroid, with hair the color of gold, eyes as blue as the sky, and wit as barbed as a injun arrow.  The only dame to catch Marisa cheating at cards, but that's another story.

So Marisa rides into town, hops off her horse, and sits herself down at the bar.  ?Hey!  A round for the house on my tab.?

Fair headed Alice just gave the gambler a look.  ?You don't got a tab here Marisa.  You owe me too much money for that.?

Marisa just laughed at that 'course.  What kinda hot-shot gambler would she be if she paid her bar tab on time?  So she just pulled out a deck of cards.  ?What say you and me wager on the tab.  Double or nothing??

Now I see you looking at me funny, wondering how the devil gets into this story.  Well you see, there's actually two devils at work here.  And the first one came walking through the doors right then.

You see Marshal Reimu had planted a number of the '98 gang in boot hill, but there was one ornery cuss she didn't put down.  That ultimate sadist, Yuka Kanazuki.  I see your eyes a widenin'.  Yep, she was one of the '98 gang before she became the terror of the West.

Right then she'd just escaped that brutal ambush that'd killed the rest of the gang.  And what should she see next but that gal Marisa, flirting with the barkeep without a care in the world.  It made her a might bit angry it did.  So she yelled out Marisa's name and reached for her six shooter.

Marisa shot out of her chair like a dart, reaching for her own Colt as she fell to the ground.  Both of them blazed away with all their might, guns thunderin' fast as they could fan the hammer.

Well Marisa punched two bullets into Yuka, but as you know that wasn't enough to put down that monster.  Yuka just jumped on her ride and headed out of town fast as she could.  Started her little campaign against the Army.  But that's another story.

As for the that devil's shots?  Well she didn't manage to tag Marisa at all.  But dear, sweet, Alice?  She lay behind the bar, her pretty blue dress slowly turnin' red.

The other patrons finally woke outta their stupor and ran to get ol' doc Eirin.  And the doc did her best to patch up young Alice.  But with a bullet like that there tweren't much the sawbones could do, sides from easing the girls pain. 

In the end doc Eirin had done all she could.  She said her apologies and headed home.  It was just Marisa and the bargirls left around.  The girls tried to get Marisa to go to bed, but the gambler just ignored them.  She sat at Alice's side and drank.

She sat there drinkin' until the church bell started tolling midnight.  Now maybe it was the time of night, or maybe it was the whiskey, but something started rattling around in Marisa's head.  And she shouted out, ?Damn it all!  I don't care if it's God or the Devil, but I'll bargain with any man who can save this woman's life!?

At first it seemed like nothing happened.  The bell just kept ringing, but after the last stroke of midnight the door swung open, and a tall man walked in.

He was dressed up like one of them ?Eastern Cowboys.?  All fine suit and elegant hat. He had no gun, but he was sportin' a silver headed cane, and his boots were far too fine for anything but riding trains.  But his eyes smoldered red, and his swagger was the match of any cowpoke.

?Bar's closed, partner,? Marisa said to the man.

The man just tipped his hat.  ?Pardon me ma'am, but I belive I was invited here.  By you in fact.  I heard you got business with me, and I'm happy to listen to your offer.?

?You sayin you're the devil?? Marisa asked.

The devil smiled.  ?You know I am, Marisa Kirisame.?  And the whole town felt their soul a 'quaking at the devil's proclamation.

But Marisa ain't the type to scare easy, no sir.  She looked the devil straight in the eye.  ?Well ain't I lucky.  I do got business with you.?

?I'm listening.?

?I wanna make a bet.  My soul for her life.  Poker.  Five hundred chips sounds 'bout right.?

The devil laughed at her.  ?Gambling?  I think I just about got your soul wrapped up already Ms Kirisame.  If you wanted to make a deal that'd be fine, but a wager?  Why should I let you bet something that's almost mine to begin with??

?Ain't yours yet devil.?  The gambler sneered.  ?Seems to me you're trying to back down.  Always knew you were a snake, but I didn't know you were yellow bellied too.?

A fire broke out in the devils eyes and he let out a eerie hiss.  ?Alright gambler, you said your piece.  I'll match your bet, but when you lose your last chip I'll be taking both your souls?

Marisa nodded and sat down at this table.  She showed the devil the deck then began to shuffle, her hands movin' almost to fast to see.  ?I reckon I'm the house now, so we play with jokers here.  Red joker's high.?

The devil snorted, and two plumes of smoke rose from his nostrils.  Then sat down across from the gambler.  ?Sound's fair to me.  Let's start the dealing.?

Marisa dealt out the cards, then the game began. 

Now you might think that with those two people at the table there'd be a whole lotta cheatin.  But Marisa knew the devil'd see through her cheats, and the devil didn't wanna have to deal with some fancy pants lawyer like Webster poppin up again and stealing his prize.  So it was a clean game all the way through.

Marisa's first hand was a pair of aces.  She was sure it was a sign lady luck was with her, but when her hand hit the table the devil only smiled.

?Aces are mighty fine, but you only got 2.  That won't beat my three Jacks.?

Marisa's heart sank as the devil pulled in his chips.  ?You may have been blessed by Lady Luck Ms. Kirisame, but she's always smiled on me the most.?

It looked like Marisa and Alice were done fer sure, but Marisa just straightened her hat and dealt again. 

As the night went on she pulled out all her tricks.  Every bluff, fake tell and read she knew.  But the devil knew he had the upper hand, so she just ended up losing and losing.  Finally she ended up with only half her chips left, staring at a five, six, seven, nine and king.

Now you're never supposed to draw into an inside straight, but Marisa was losing bad.  She needed some way to get Lady Luck's attention back, and this might be the way to do it.  She tossed the King and drew.  And as luck would have it the Joker found its way into her hand.  One might say it twas because the Joker loves to put the more powerful in their place.  Either way Marisa knew it was time to play hard.

?All in,? she said.

The devil smiled, figuring he'd finally won those souls.  ?Call.  Two pair.?

Marisa tipped her hat and laughed in the devils face.  ?Straight.?

Now the devil grew mighty angry at the loss.  But he was just back to start.  He'd just have to keep winning in the long run is all.

Marisa there now, she knew she couldn't go the long haul.  So when she picked up an ace and a pair she started betting like a wild woman.  But the devil matched her, raise for raise.  She'd bet all the chips she'd won back when they finally called and redealt.

Still it looked like Lady Luck was with her still.  She picked up an ace and a Jack of hearts.  Now she had two pair, with aces high.  And Marisa pounced like a rattler.  ?All in.?

The devil looked at the gambler with his fiery eyes.  He thought long and hard about his move, but in the end he simply said, ?Call.?

Marisa's heart was ready to burst.  She grabbed her whiskey, took a big swallow, (perhaps the last she'd ever get mind you) then put her cards on the table.  ?Two pair, aces and eights.?

The devil whistled.  ?Dead mans hand.  How peculiar.?  The devils cards hit the table.  ?I got it too.?

Marisa couldn't believe her eyes.  The hands were matched, except for one tiny detail.  The devil had the Jack of Spades.

?High card decides.  And I do believe spades beats hearts Ms Kirisame.?  The devil said while reaching his greedy hands for the pile of chips.

Now Marisa's gut had pretty much dropped out from her and started running away, but as the devil's hands fell on those chips an idea flashed through her head like lightning.  ?Nope.?

The devil looked up at Marisa as she started to grin as wide as the Pecos.  ?What do you mean??

?Hearts are high here.  House rules.?

The devil sat shocked for a moment.  Then he let off a powerful screech, 'cause he knew he'd been beat.  He slammed his firey hands into the table, leaving them marks that you see right there, then he grabbed Marisa by the neck.  ?You win today little gambler, but hear this!  I get to set the house rules for everywhere else.  And that's the last game you'll win, so long as you walk the earth!?

Then the devil was gone.

Marisa almost thought she'd been dreamin' the whole thing when a voice came from where sweet Alice had been lying.  ?What time is it?  And why's my gambling table smoking?? 

There standing and looking mighty confused was Alice.  But all that was left of the killing wound was the stains on her dress and a bit of a scar.  The devil had been forced to keep his wager.

Marisa of course just answered the questions with a mighty kiss.

What happened after?  Well, with the devil after her, Marisa done gave up gambling and settled down here.  But still, ever since that day hearts have beat spades at the Hanged Doll.

There was a long silence.  Finally Tewi said the woman, ?So that's why I won the hand.  Now could you put your gun down??

Reisen thought for a moment.  ?Nope.?

There was a polite cough then the sound of a pistol being cocked.  ?Excuse me miss, but you really should put the gun down.?  Reisen turned to find Alice pointing a derringer at her head.  ?I understand you're riled by this liar, but we try to keep things civilized in this establishment.?

Reisen decided to slowly lower her pistol.  ?No troubles ma'am.  I just plan to take my money and leave.?

Alice nodded.  ?Of course.?  She turned and pointed the gun at Tewi as she began sneaking off.  ?And you can put that money back before leaving yourself.  And make it permanent like!  I told you not to give that spiel to any more travelers.?

Tewi nodded frantically before tossing the money on the table and hurrying out.  Reisen took her time collecting the cash, then nodded politely to Alice as she left.

When the two were gone Alice holstered the little gun.  ?Sunny, Luna, get back to serving drinks.  Just cause the customers are distracted doesn't mean you don't have to work!?

The bar began bustling again as the girls returned to their work and the customers returned to their drinking and gambling.  A couple moments later a broad hatted figure stepped into the room then moseyed on up to Alice.  ?Looks like I missed a good scrap, from the way that little varmint Tewi was running.?

Alice shrugged.  ?Wasn't anything.  Just a bit of a game.?

Marisa gave a look over her shoulder towards the exit.  ?Bit of a game eh?  It's been a while since I had a game like that.?

Alice frowned ?You aren't going anywhere 'partner.'  Not while you still owe me money!?

?Hrm... Then how about a game.?  Marisa pulled out a deck.  ?Double or nothing.  Jokers, hearts high.?

Marisa never won a game again.  But then, she found she could live with losing.

Vicks

• Hurr Durr
  • WRYYYY
« Reply #328 on: August 15, 2010, 10:04:50 PM »
That was an awesome story, iced.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #329 on: August 15, 2010, 11:54:13 PM »
BLATANT MUSICAL PANDERING :derp:

Whoa-ho-ho whoa no-oh~
Hmma nuh huh huh hmm huh huh~

Well this is how starts, two partners in the dark
On the run from the one they called Sheriff Master Spark

Six bombs by their sides, bullets 'round their waist
Two shots to sky sing the song for the chase

The vault was nearly empty, they were nearly free,
But they were seen by the good eye of the mean Shiki Eiki

And she screamed at the top of her lungs "They're on the run!
It's the two border-siders, grab your faeries and your bombs!"

'I said, I wish we could stay here, but I fear our tunnels' come.
We could ride out in the darkness, chasing the Rum - i - a~
We gotta pack our bags this instant, we're headed southbound to the next town
And if we arrive there safely, baby you can lay ~ me ~ down~
Lay me do-ho-own~ Lay me down~ Lay ~ me ~ down!'

Well it's the story of the two always on the move
They got nothin left to do 'cept to troll and whine their shrine

Now they crossin borders with the faeries on their tail
They'd rather deathbomb together than be stuck up in a spell

They drank up all the sake and partied every night
Like it could be last 'cause the lives are set to one

The chasing in the summer, though it came with Lily White
They couldn't stop running till they found Paradise

But the Sheriff finally found with stars in her eyes
So the partners had to shoot her down and fill her full of dead

They were finally free to find a place to lay their head
And when they finally did it Sukima turned to her and she said

'I think we can build a shrine here
I feel the faith will come
And we can walk down to the valley
And sit with the cryin' Youkai

So unpack your bags this instant
No more runnin' from shrine to shrine!
And now that we've arrived so safely, you can
Lay me doooown~ lay me do-ho-own~
Lay me down ~ !'

'Well you're my violet-eyed girl, been runnin' 'round witchoo,
It's the afternoon, we ain't got nothin' left to do

So wipe the smirk off
Or take your shirt off
And we should go hit the cantina we got work off'

'I said,

we don't work at all."

And Reimu shot Yukari with a yin-yang orb.

If you missed it, scroll back up and click the :derp: , then read it.