Author Topic: Weekly Writing Challenge Thread the First  (Read 477765 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Weekly Writing Challenge Thread!
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2010, 05:03:21 PM »
Three Entries. Mus made one too.

I am very disappointed in the quantity over quality bias being displayed here =[

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2010, 05:16:57 PM »
Yep. Even if only one person enters, there should be a judging. And if the story sucks, there are no winners.

I missed deadline. I'm out. I can deal with it, and post the story when it's done.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:57 PM »
The point isn't really that there are only three of four entries, which is a good number, the point is us judges messing up completely.  :ohdear:

And I still haven't heard from Ruro, but, since this is obviously the Will of the People here...

HAMMERTIME!
Judging will begin shortly.
Please watch warmly while we try to get back to doing what we should be doing  :3

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2010, 03:12:43 AM »
I need some verdicts from judges before anything can get done.

That means you, you lazy Librarians. >:<

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2010, 06:57:19 AM »
JUDGEMENT!

As the theme of this challenge was Death, who else would be fit to deliver judgement on this case than me, the Judge of Paradise?

As such, I have been called forward to lay upon you the decision of the Heavens.

And the one that has been judged as White here is.... IcedFairy

Congratulations.
That was a wonderful piece of writing that moved even me. Do not worry, Sanae shall receive a positive verdict from my hands when she appears before me.

Now then, let me get back to work, there's things that need my attention, hehehehe- what?

That thing in my hand?

Okay, you got me... *BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

It is that time again, the time when all of Gensokyo forms into teams and challenges each other on the fields of honor, in a battle of sports.
Of course, watching as the fair rules of the game get violated by the powers of Gensokyo's inhabitants is quite hard on me as a judge.
In a world where stopping time, manipulating borders, controlling fate, creating illusions and shooting danmaku are common things, fairness barely has a place.

But I shall not let that stop me from enjoying the events, in fact, I might eventually participate myself. As soon as I find out where Komachi is hiding, that is.

Because right now, it is time for.....

Touhou Soccer - Gensokyo Cup

Since we are already delayed, Deadline is June 27th

Have fun writing everyone~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2010, 03:03:49 PM »
The game comes to a halt. Sanae glares at Yuyuko. "Goalies aren't allowed to eat the ball, you know!"

"Then don't kick it at me when I'm yawning!" replies the ghost princess. "I think you chipped a tooth!"

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2010, 03:27:17 PM »
Purvis gets an award already for making me laugh in a way that would have ended bad had I been drinking something at the time. Well done :V

IBakaChan

« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »
"STOP THE GAME." A stern womans voice sounded over what seemed like the whole arena.
The cheering crowd got muffled down to a quiet mumble, and finally becoming completly quiet.

The players on the field stood still. No one dared move when it was that terrifying Judge who had stopped them.

"Nether World team." The border youkai turned her eyes towards the other woman.

"Yes, Judge?" The Judge almost shook with anger.

"GET SOME CONTROL OVER YOUR TEAM AND TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!!" Everyones gazes were turned towards the Nether Worlds team.

And yes, they certainly needed to get some control. Chen was just bouncing around, not really doing anything to be helpful, which made Ran quite upset, thus making her attention stray from the game. The border youkai were practically just lying around on the field, using her gaps to make the ball go into the goal when she thought the judge wasn't looking. Youmu had already sliced a number of balls because "They were attacking the princess!", while this "princess" were sitting on the side lines, peacefully enjoying a meal.

"Sheesh, calm down. It's just a game~" Yukari said with a pout, waving nonchallantly with her hand.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:41:07 PM by Yaoi Fangirl Known As Jawsi »

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2010, 07:58:17 PM »
Hooray I can see again!
Hooray I won!
Hooray new topic!

Soccer?  Hm...  This will be a challenge.  To wikipedia....

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2010, 08:03:32 PM »
Soccer? I can only bet World Cup has something to do with this.

Well shit in a frying pan, there goes my Touhou Super Dodgeball short.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Tengukami

Weekly Writing Challenge
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »
I'll pass.

GET IT? Pass?

Seriously, had my fill of soccer, vuvujgamj and bzzzz, thanks. Best of luck to the participants!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2010, 08:13:05 PM »
Well shit in a frying pan, there goes my Touhou Super Dodgeball short.

Holy fuck. Do this.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2010, 08:22:13 PM »
To clarify, it doesn't necessarily have to be soccer. Any kind of sport will do, as far as I am concerned.

EDIT: Well, let's make it a ball-sport at least. But within this, anything goes. So do that Dodgeball thing, Erebus~
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:27:43 PM by Moe Moe Sakanespierre »

Tengukami

« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2010, 08:22:35 PM »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »
To clarify, it doesn't necessarily have to be soccer. Any kind of sport will do, as far as I am concerned.

EDIT: Well, let's make it a ball-sport at least. But within this, anything goes. So do that Dodgeball thing, Erebus~
k

Let's hope I don't fuck this up.

« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2010, 03:28:46 AM »
C'mon, it's easy to write something about the World Cu-BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

-_-

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2010, 03:53:56 AM »
Dear Rawro. Will prolly need be replaced.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2010, 05:49:25 AM »
In hindsight, asking a bunch of internet trawlers to write about sports was probably destined to fail regardless of the coinciding timing of the World Cup.

Also SAKANA YOUR AVATAR LOOKS LIKE UTSUHO HAS HER HAND UP A FISHES BUTT
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:05:31 PM by Tactician Esifex »

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2010, 10:55:02 PM »
Pah, you don't think not knowing the RULES would stop me Esifex! 

I should have probably done another ball game, but this one had already infected my brain.  Anyway.....

----------------

?I imagine you're both wondering why I brought you here.?  The ancient gap youkai said in a sinister voice.

Reimu shook her head.  ?No.  Can I go home now??

?No, you can't.?  Yukari coughed then continued.  ?Gensoukyo has become too stable.  There is conflict, but no change.  In order to advance, one of the great houses must fall.?

Sanae shivered at those words.  ?Wait!  You mean we're going to have to engage in some kind of Battle Royal?  That's too cruel!?

?We should be so lucky,? Reimu muttered.  ?What horrible idea do you have this time Sukima.?

Yukari smiled grimly.  ?You two shrines shall gather your allies and compete in a brutal contest of the outside world.  The winners shall absorb the losers, spreading the needed chaos across the land.  And this sport shall be....? Yukari raised a black and white ball into the air.  ?FOOTBALL!?

Sanae blinked.  ?What??

Reimu grabbed the gap youkai by the throat.  ?I'll do it, because I have no choice.  But I swear, if you bring a crowd of fairies armed with those damned buzzing things I'll break the Hakurei Barrier myself!?

---

Thus the two shrines began hunting down their teams.  It was a long and difficult process, mainly because no one really took this seriously at all, but in the end two full teams met at the field that Yukari had summoned from who knows where.

In the makeshift locker room Reimu looked over the strange crew that had assembled at her request.  She was a little worried about being underpowered for a soccer match, but she knew that her team had an impressive trick on their side.  Hopefully that would be enough to turn the balance.

Suddenly a Suika ran into the room.  ?Mission Success!?  She gave the other Suika in the room a high five before turning to Reimu.  ?I've got their roster.  Looks like your guesses were right.  It's the goddesses, the three tengu, and a batch from the underground.  Looks like they got that Nue girl too, so they only needed one Zombie fairy to round out their ranks.

Alice gave Marisa a dry look.  ?You shouldn't have sold her out to the papers, Marisa.?

Marisa shrugged.  ?She should blame the tengu for printing it.  It's not my fault she showed her true form to me.?

Meiling looked up from where she had been doing stretches.  ?So who's the goalie??

?That wolf tengu.? the scout Suika replied.

?Who cares!? added the other Suika.  ?I get to punch a god!  In a major sporting event!?

Reimu sighed.  ?Yuugi, I'm counting on you to hold the line after Suika get's herself kicked out.?

?Hey,? the Suikas cried out.  ?Only one of us is going to get kicked out.  You'll still have the other.?

Yuugi rolled her eyes.  ?Unless they kick you out at the start for being on the field in two places at once.?

Suika gave her fellow oni a questioning glace.  ?By the way, how the heck did Reimu talk you into this??

At that moment Parsee walked out from behind the lockers.  ?Alice!  What's with this cheerleader's outfit?  You got this skirt too short!  And the top covers even less then my old undershirt did!.?

?That's intentional,? Alice replied.

Yuugi smiled.  ?I think you look great in it.?

Suika looked at the now brightly blushing bridgekeeper then back at her fellow Oni.  ?I'm jealous...?

?Hey, you look like you're hot cheerleader girl!  Let me cool you down!?  Parsee jumped away from the blue ice fairy, but the green fairy behind her grabbed the young girls arm.

?That's not necessary Cirno!? Daiyousei said as she hustled the other fairy away.

Marisa shook her head.  ?You sure about them Reimu?  Somehow I don't see them taking out Okuu or Orin.?

Reimu smiled.  ?Trust me.  This games going to be won by speed and technique.  We've got you and Youmu for speed.  Those two and Koakuma help give us the technique.?

?Pah.  If you had just let me destroy the sun so me and Flandre could play, you wouldn't need to worry about such things.?  Remilia stood with the rest of the scarlet devil mansion, for once helping fix Sakuya's clothes as opposed to Sakuya fixing hers.  ?I suppose that Sakuya, Meiling and that other devil will suffice though.?

There was a crackle of static as the stolen speaker systems came to life.  Yukari's voice echoed through the room.  ?Will all players please come to the pitch for the opening ceremony and official rules announcements.?

Reimu tossed her gohei over her shoulder.  ?Just watch vampire.  Player 2 miko will be serving us tea before dinner.?

The two teams faced off on the field, a crowd of overly excited fairies cheering them on.  On one side Parsee and a couple of fairy maids turned cheerleader were rallying Reimu's crowd, while on the other side Satori and a crew of Zombie fairies formed Moriya's cheer squad.

Yukari Yakumo stood at the center of the pitch, waving over Reimu and Sanae, the respective team captains.  ?Alright, I'm looking for a good interesting fight.  We're both clear on what happens when each side wins, right??

?No!  You haven't told us anything at all,? Sanae muttered.

?It's always like this,? Reimu replied.

Yukari smiled.  ?Whoops.  Okay.  The winning shrine absorbs the other.  In addition if Sanae wins, the Scarlet Devil Mansion has to open up a shrine on their grounds.?

?What!?? screamed Remilia from the sides.  ?Dammit!  You better not screw this up Reimu!?

?Tell that to Meiling.  She better guard the goal better then she guards your gate!? Reimu yelled back.

Yukari continued on, ?And if Reimu wins, I get Aya as a Shikigami!?

?What!?? Aya sputtered.  Hatate began laughing uproariously.

?And she gets Hatate as her shikigami,? Yukari added with a grin.

Hatate's face froze.  ?Oh no you didn't.?

Momiji shook her head.  ?What kind of pictures do you have on the Head Tengu??

Yukari laughed.  ?Oh it's not about the pictures I have.  It's the pictures I promised.  Two birds and a fox.?

Hatate pulled out her cellphone.  ?'Yukari Yakumo.  Old hag, or perverted old hag?  We report, you decide.'?

Yukari smiled.  ?And now....?

?Hold it right there!?

The crowd turned to see Shikieiki step onto the field, followed by Komachi, Byakuren, Shou and Nazarin.  ?You don't think I can allow such blatant favoritism in a referee do you?  You actively gain if the Moriya lose, and the Scarlet Devil Mansion is your most dependable ally, even if that's only because you easily manipulate their boredom.  I'll be taking charge of this event.  With the aid of the group most harmed by either sides victory of course.?  Shikieiki nodded at the representatives of Gensoukyo's biggest temple.  She waved Yukari off.  ?You go to the commentators box or something.?

To many people's surprise Yukari just smiled and walked away.  Reimu and Sanae breathed a sigh of relief.  ?All right,? said the yama.  ?I shall inform you of the unique rules to this event.  First, I will NOT be rescinding the ban on weapons.  All swords, knives, magical reactors, cameras and control rods are to be left off the field.?  Shikieiki gave the two goddesses a look.  ?And no summoning weapons either.  No iron rings or sacred logs.?

Momiji raised her shield.  ?Since I'm the goalie protective equipment is okay, right??

The yama paused a moment.  ?Only if it's securely strapped to your arm.?

Reimu swore and Marisa groaned.  ?Dammit, it looks like we got nerfed again.?

Alice nodded grimly.  ?Without the hakkero Marisa's too slow.  It's going to be just Youmu against the Tengu, and she doesn't have her swords.  We're in trouble.?

Youmu looked determined as she put down her blades.  ?Don't worry about me.  I'll handle the tengu, you guys just stick to the plan.?

Once the groups had been disarmed the yama continued.  ?Unless, splitting consumes personal energy no more then 11 people on the field at a time.?  She pointed at the Suikas.  ?I'll allow it, but no more of you.  Youmu's ghost half doesn't count.?

?Thirdly, the ball will be treated to resist the impacts it will assuredly receive.  It's still a ball however, so cutting techniques will pop it!?  The players all nodded.  This they had expected.

?Lastly, this being Gensoukyo I fully expect the play to become physical.  However!? The yama slammed down her placard.  ?I will not have this event marred by death.  Komachi here will keep any ghosts from passing on, and Eirin will fix any injuries inflicted.  Those killing another player, even by accident, will be red carded immediately!?

Kanako frowned.  ?You realize you just made getting people killed a strategy, right??

Shikieiki shook her head.  ?Only for people with questionable morals.  In any case, you have twenty minutes to talk and set up.  Then the match will begin!?

?And it looks like the two teams are lining up for the kickoff as we speak!? Yukari yelled through the PA system.  ?It seems Yuugi and Kanako are facing off in the middle, while the Suikas have paired off against Utsuho and Suwako.  Both sides also seem to be using the yama's rules as a defensive screen, placing their more fragile members in the background to keep shooters from using any kick that could 'kill' them.  However, while team Moriya is using Rin, Nue and one of the Zombie fairies, team Hakurei seems to be fielding Alice, Marisa and Cirno back there.  I can understand Reimu sacrificing her friends, but is Koakuma really more important then your old friend Marisa??

Yukari paused to duck an orb before continuing.  ?Rounding out the field are both team leaders.  Sanae is flanked by the two tengu, Hatate and Aya, meaning the wind will not be in Hakurei's favor this game, while Reimu is backed by Sakuya, Youmu and Koakuma.?

?And now it looks like the Moriya team has won the toss.  The kickoff is about to begin!?

Yuugi cracked her knuckles and smiled at the war god.  ?You think you're still in good enough shape to take me on??

Kanako smiled and stretched.  ?Any day oni.  Though you should be worried more about Suwako's earth powers.?

?Well it's a good thing we've got a plan for that,? Yuugi said.

There was an earth shattering crash, followed by whistles.  Kanako sighed before looking over to see one of the Suika's and Suwako being pushed apart by Shou and Byakuren.

?Alright that's it!? Shou pulled out a red card on both the players.  ?Both of you.  Out!?

Suika wiped the blood dribbling from her nose.  ?Ah, it was just a little accident ref.  Nothing major.?

Suwako dabbed at the cut on her forhead.  ?Yeah.  There's nothing keeping that twerp from taking another punch or seven.?

Shou shook her head.  ?Blood means a foul.  A foul before the game officially has started means a red card!  Out!?

Kanako sighed.  ?That idiot.  War gods learn how to plan...?

Yuugi laughed.  ?So, have you planned for the kickoff??

Kanako smiled, ?You'll see.?

Yukari couldn't help but tap her fingers on the desk in excitement.  Everything was going according to plan.  And the best part was all she had to do now was act as a sports commentator!

?And so now the kickoff commences.  Yugi goes for the ball, but it looks like Sanae's using her wind powers to halve the distance Kanako needs!?  Yukari carefully covered her ears to shield them from the resulting sonic boom.  ?And it's a beeline right for Meiling.  Meiling seems to have adopted some kind of stance though.  Yes!  It's the fabled Tai Chi redirection technique!  She's caught the ball, but cover your ears again folks because...?  The air was torn asunder again.  ?It's going back towards Momiji with equal and opposite force!?

Suddenly Yukari's eyes grew wide.  She ducked as the ball smashed through the announcement booth and went out into low earth orbit.  After taking a moment to make sure nothing else dangerous was coming her way she moved back to the microphone.  ?And... um it seems that Momiji's fancy sheild work makes direct shots at her a poor idea as well.  A skilled angling deflection from the Moriya goalkeeper.  It looks like these teams can't rely on power alone to score.?

Momiji took a moment to growl at the two crow tengu.  ?Next time follow up properly!?

Hatate shrugged.  ?That was Aya's ball.?

Aya snarled ?It doesn't matter who's ball it was, someone needs to field it.  I was guarding Youmu, whats your excuse??

?Unless you two want to spend the rest of your days a Shikigami I'd suggest you give up your rivalry and start working together!? Momiji barked.  The two other tengu shrugged, but moved into position.  Momiji looked at where Marisa was preparing to throw the ball in to Suika, then motioned to Sanae to alter the wind a bit.

Sure enough the oni tried to power the ball through her.  This time however there was a little spin on it.

Not enough though.

Momiji carefully adjusted her shield then leaped towards the ball.  It ricocheted off into the sky.  ?Now!?

Hatate rushed up into the air and kicked the ball away from where Youmu was moving.  Aya quickly moved to intercept then shot it back to Hatate who'd flown high above midfield.  ?Alright!? Aya yelled.  ?Jet stream attack!?

Sanae jumped up and down on the field.  ?Yes!  This is going to be sooo cool!?

The two tengu fired the ball between them, keeping Youmu on pure defense and picking up speed.  Then just as it seemed Aya was about to throw out another pass Okuu swooped in from the side and slammed the ball down towards the goal.  Meiling desperately tried to guess the angle of attack, but she was too slow.

The net snapped and an airhorn sounded.  ?GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL? Yelled Yukari into the mike.

Reimu cursed.

Marisa turned to the ice fairy in the backfield.  ?Alright Cirno.  It's time to implement the plan!?

Cirno looked at the magician crossly.  ?What plan?  Why am I taking orders from you??

Alice sighed.  ?The plan to show off for the newspapers.?

Cirno brightened up.  ?Oh!  Right!?  After a moment she said.  ?What was the plan again??

Alice and Marisa looked at eachother.  ?I don't know.?  The black white witch said with a sigh.  ?Reimu didn't tell the rest of the team.  Just stop the ball, okay!?

Cirno looked pleased.  ?I can do that!?

?Well you better do it fast, because it looks like Aya's stolen the ball,? Alice stated calmly.

The three watched the areal dance begin again as the two tengu swooped about while Okuu moved between shooting places.  ?You going to do something?? Marisa asked nervously.

?It's about timing!? Cirno replied.

This time Okuu dashed in from behind Hatate.  ?Now would be a good time!? yelled Marisa.

Cirno smirked and held up her hands.

The hell raven's grin turned into a look of confusion as her kick shattered the now frozen ball.  ?Unyuu??

The earth trembled as Kanako stomped her foot.  ?What the hell was that!?

The yama considered the technique for a moment.  ?I'll allow it!?

Sanae sighed.

The Moriya teams huddle was in a panic.  ?When did that ice fairy get pinpoint accuracy?? wondered Sanae.

Aya frowned.  ?She's just terrible at danmaku.  When it comes to freezing things she's actually really good.  Well, unless you want the item to thaw later.?

Hatate reached for her phone, then frowned when she remembered it had been kept off the field.  ?The info you gained from being a lolicon won't help us here.  We need to know what to do now!  We can't defend against that technique.?

Kanako sighed.  ?Utsuho, you're going to have to foul her out.?

?Unyuu??

Orin's tails twitched.  ?Are you saying our BEST option is to get our best striker ejected in order to kick out CIRNO?  Let me do it.  It's not like I'm useful for anything besides that and Zombie fairy replacements in this mess.?

?You could take her out, but she'd be back next half after she respawned.  Only Okuu here has the firepower to keep her off field for the whole match.? Kanako stated.

Utsuho smiled.  ?Don't worry about it Rin!  I'll just vaporize the whole backfield!  Three for the price of one.?

Rin buried her face in her hands.  ?I can't believe this is our best plan.?

Sanae looked at the rest of her team in horror.  ?I can't believe this is our plan!  We're going to kill Alice and Marisa too!??

?Meiling too, if we're lucky,? Nue added.

?Don't worry.  They'll get better.?  Momiji said calmly.  ?Oh.  It looks like Eirin's got a new ball for us.  Time to go.?

Alice looked up at the three circling crows.  ?They're up to something.?

?Of course they are,? Marisa said.  ?There's no way they can just let us keep freezing the ball every time they're about to score.  They want to finish this fast.?

Cirno ignored the two, carefully watching the ball for the most amusing time to freeze it.  This was way better then freezing frogs.  She'd almost figured out the two tengu's pattern when she saw Okuu charging up something.  ?Hey.  What's that big crow doing.?

Alice and Marisa looked up at the brightening sky.  ?RUN!? the two witches yelled as Okuu launched her fireball.

Alice  was briefly tempted to look behind her as the fusion blast went off, but the heat from the explosion rapidly dissuaded her.  Then the shockwave bowled her over giving her a terrifying view on her immanent incineration.  Just before the flames consumed her she found herself on the opposite end of the field, next to a rather dazed Marisa and Meiling.  Sakuya was standing behind her.

Sakuya shook her head at the explosion.  ?Well that's a red card for sure.?  Sure enough several whistles followed that statement.

Meiling looked at the vaporized goal.  ?Thanks Sakuya, but wouldn't it have been a better idea to leave one of us and saved Cirno?  That way they'd have lost Okuu for nothing.?

?Oh!?  Sakuya looked startled at the thought.  ?You're right.  I guess I didn't think that through.?

Marisa stood up shakily.  ?Don't think things through more often, Sakuya.?

Reimu shrugged.  ?Doesn't matter.  With Okuu out our plan's back in action.  We're short of defense of course, but we might be able to win on offense.  Let Aya and Hatate run themselves ragged.  They'll get some goals of course, but after halftime we'll teach them.?

As the clock struck 00:00 Yukari called out through the mike.  ?And that's the first half!  Team Moriya has a strong lead at 3-0, thanks to the speed of their tengu players.  Can team Hakurei grab some replacements to help fix this debacle, or have they already scraped the bottom of the barrel?  The Yama's given both teams the right to recruit from the crowd, so it's still anyone's game folks!?

On the sidelines Reimu looked down at the small green fairy.  ?Cirno still hasn't reformed??

?No.?  Daiyousei shook her head.  ?That hell crow blasted her too hard.  She'll be out for another hour.?

?Damn.?  Reimu looked around the stands.  ?Okay, you're filling in for Suika as planned.  But with the yama's ruling we can't just toss in another Suika.  Who can we get??

Marisa patted her friend on the arm.  ?Don't worry.  I've got a backup already.?

?Can she play worth a damn??

Marisa smiled brightly.  ?I think Youmu's going to get some help.?

Shikieiki looked over the two new team.  ?So team Moriya will be replacing Reiuji and Moriya with Hinanai and another fairy eh??

?That's right!? Kanako looked back at the celestial and the fairy slave.  Tenshi gave a thumbs up.  The zombie fairy bobbed it's head.

Shikieiki saw that the two were not being coerced (more then usual) and looked to the other side.  ?And the Hakurei team is fielding Daiyousei and Tatara??

The small fairy nodded while Kogasa smiled brightly.  ?Urashimiya!?

?Very well.  Of course you'll have to leave the sword of the heavens and that umbrella on the sidelines.?  The yama said.

Marisa shook her head.  ?Actually Yamada-san, the umbrella's part of her body.  Karakasa ya know.?

?That's right.  In fact, the umbrella's the real me!? Kogasa said with a smile.

Her umbrella tongue attempted to lick Shikieiki, but the judge of paradise dodged.  ?Surprising.  Hm...  Very well, since that is your body you can enter with it.  But remember my rules on split forms.?

?What!? Sanae looked over at the youkai.  ?Oh man.  And you can hit the ball with a tongue legally.  At least, I think you can anyway....?

Aya and Hatate looked at each other.  This would be an annoying obstacle to their normal passing style.

Reimu watched the aerial battle commence.  Sure enough Kogasa's umbrella form was a serious thorn in the tengu's side.  Every time they got too far apart in their passing patterns Kogasa's tongue would lash out and send the ball back to the ground, where Reimu's team had the advantage.  Unfortunately the addition of Tenshi was tying up Suika, so they couldn't get any goals in.  Reimu checked the clock again.  It was earlier then she planned, but with the score as it was she didn't really have a choice.  ?Alright!  Time to start the plan, team!?

Youmu was the first to act, summoning her ghost half into quasi reality, she moved to intercept both the tengu at full speed.  Hatate passed to Kanako to help stall.

Except the ball never made it.  Daiyousei blinked into existence halfway between the two and kicked the ball towards the goal.  Momiji got ready for an easy catch, only to find Koakuma had appeared and kicked the ball back into the air.  Reimu smiled, then used her own powers to shift next to the ball, catching it with a powerful bicycle kick.

Landing on the ground Reimu watched Momiji dive to catch the ball on her shield.  Only to watch in shock as the ball changed directions suddenly, before flying into the goal.  Only Sakuya's smug expression, and an ace of spades floating to the ground explained what had just happened to those who couldn't stop time.

Reimu smiled and covered her ears as the crowd went wild.  As the celebrations died down a bit she yelled to Sanae.  ?Speed is nice, but I've got four teleporters.  Do you think you can match that wind priestess??

Sanae, surprisingly, smiled in return.  ?That's great Reimu.  I was afraid this was going to be a blowout game.  Now we can start to use our fun strategies. 

Kanako laughed.  ?You didn't think we only had the one trick did you??

Reimu shook her head slowly.  ?You know, for a moment there... I kinda did.?  Her grin twisted.  ?Let's see what you've got!?

Meiling watched the match with a close eye.  Reimu's attack had gotten them three goals, but the Tengu weren't giving up, and Reimu's style of play was bringing the ball closer to the ground.  That made it harder to determine where people were and where the ball was.  At least it was also giving the weaker players a chance to actually interact with the ball.

Let's see, pass to Rin, pass to Aya, Intercept Kogasa.  Back to Suika.  Now let's check for...

Meiling blinked as the ball sped past her head into the goal.  ?What the hell was that? she yelled at the Oni.  ?This is OUR goal!?

Nue removed her paper Suika mask.  ?Yes.  Yes it is.?

Meiling sighed deeply.  ?I should have known that somehow Marisa would be responsible for my suffering.?

?Don't worry about it Meiling.?  Sakuya said as she appeared next to the gatekeeper.  ?That trick will only work once, from what I've heard about the seeds of unknown form.  Keep an eye out for the other tricks.?

Meiling gave the field a once over.  ?I'll do my best, but I think I may need some help there.  I can't do more then react.?

?I'd help, but I'm busy with the offense.  When we take the lead, I'll have Reimu reassign me to defense,? Sakuya nodded, then  disappeared again.

The next ten minutes were a hectic mess.  The tengu managed to get one goal past her by ricocheting the ball off one of a zombie fairies, but Reimu's teleportation attacks racked up another two goals for her team, leaving the match at 5-5.  Marisa checked the clock.  Time was running out.  She really didn't know what would happen with a tie.

Still over at the goal line it looked like Sakuya was going to make that moot with her kick.  Momiji dove one way, Daiyousei knocked the ball the other way.

Then a keystone flew out of the ground and knocked the ball flying.  Aya caught it, and passed it back to Kanako who fired it right across the field.  Marisa started running after the ball, but slowed when she realized it was off target and no one was nearby.

Which made it all the more surprising when Koishi kicked the ball in the net.

There was a long silence.

Finally Yukari's voice came on over the speakers.  ?It seems that the powers that led to her mahjong finals win can serve well in football as well!  'Stealth' Koishi has once again come out of nowhere to put her team in the lead.  The Yama is confirming that yes, she was on the field legally and yes the Moriya team does only have eleven players on the grounds.  She's also declared the use of keystones legal, but only so long as they keep moving.  With only seconds on the clock, can team Hakurei pull off the tie!??

Reimu looked grim as they moved to put the ball back into play.  ?Anyone have a plan??

?I got one Reimu.?  Everyone turned to look at Marisa.  ?Well you know how I like to steal techniques?  I grabbed the perfect one for this.?

Alice shook her head.  ?Marisa, even if you can escape the tengu swarm and get a shot off, there's no way you can power it through those keystones, much less Momiji.?

Marisa smiled.  ?Trust me.  It's not like we've got any other plan, right??

Reimu paused.  ?Did you bet for or against our team??

?For our team of course!?  Marisa frowned at her old friend.  ?Do you really think I'd bet against myself!??

?That doesn't sound like Marisa at all,? Youmu agreed.

Reimu sighed.  ?All right.  It's our only chance.  Get Marisa the ball.?

?You won't regret this Reimu.?  Marisa jogged off to her starting point.

The match resumed.  There was a brief scuffle over possession, decided by Sakuya's time hax, then Marisa found herself with the ball.  Unfortunately there was also a wind priestess and two tengu there as well.

Which actually made the whole exercise easier.

Marisa smiled.  ?Hey Sanae.  Ever seen a Jecht Shot??

Sanae blinked.  ?What??

Any further commentary was cut short by the sound of Aya gettting hit in the face with the ball.  Marisa elbowed the ball back into Hatate, then headbutted the ball at Sanae, who had just started to jump to stop the technique.  As the wind priestess crashed to the floor, Marisa sent the ball up into the air, then jumped after it while spinning.  With the final spin she let off both a thundering kick, and the spell she'd been saving all day.

The ball zoomed through the air, then suddenly disappeared.

Tenshi just stood there confused.  Momiji tried a blind catch but it was too late.  The ball entered the goal just as the buzzer went off.  And Marisa found herself lifted into the air by her teammates.

When the cheers had died down the two team leaders once again stood before the Yama.  Reimu looked exhausted, while Sanae was on crutches to deal with the broken ankle she'd received from her fall during Marisa's final shot.  ?While I personally believe this to be a good ending spot for the game, it seems that those that organized the match are demanding a tiebreaker.?  The Yama looked at the two.  ?Do you need more time to find more members??

Reimu looked over at Sanae.  ?Not unless you're planning on replacing someone other then you.?

?No.?  Sanae shook her head.  ?In fact I really don't want to keep going either.  Both of our players have shown so much spirit and drive.  It would be terrible to force one side to lose.

?And I think of you as a friend Reimu, not someone who needs to be conquered.  You, Marisa, Aya, Momiji, Alice.  All of you are my friends, and either team winning would cause you pain.?

Reimu looked embarrassed.  ?Well...  Thanks.  Maybe we could....?

?Which is why I'm doing this Reimu.? Sanae said with a smile as she swung one of her crutches at the other shrine maiden.  Reimu's neck broke with a sickening crack.

?So after that Shikieiki smacked Sanae over the head with her judgment stick and called the game.  Then the riot started.?  Marisa put her tea down on the Hakurei shrine's back porch.  ?So while Eirin patched you up there was a big fight and the Yama declared the whole contest null and void.?

Sanae smiled as she sipped her own tea.  ?See.  Everything worked out for the best!?

Reimu clenched her fists, wishing she could choke the wind priestess.  ?'Worked out for the best!?'  You broke my neck!  Even with Eirin's help I have to spend a week in this neck brace!?

Reimlia sipped her own tea before saying calmly, ?I told you, Reimu.  None of this would have happened if you just let me destroy the sun.?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:10:11 PM by IcedFairy »

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2010, 11:03:52 PM »
Pah, you don't think not knowing the RULES would stop me Esifex! 
That's the right attitude and exactly the way this challenge is intended  :D

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2010, 04:11:39 AM »
I don't care if I'm not a judge. IcedFairy wins again, on grounds of Sanae snapping Reimu's neck with a crutch.

BECAUSE I SAID SO

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2010, 10:21:25 PM »
Two large red dishes slammed onto the stone ground of that stood in front of the Hakurei Shrine, the both of them belonging to the heavy drinking Oni; Suika Ibuki and Yuugi Hoshiguma respectively. The both of them had just finished a round of sake as per the usual of their meetings together, however this time they both had engaged in a drinking contest of sorts. A rather common past time to the oni race, that and physical contest. Reimu Hakurei, the shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine, clearly voiced her adament disapproval of participating in the drinking contest, despite Suika claiming it would be fun for all of them. Even so, the two oni had went on with their drinking game regardless if they had a thrid player or not. However, as they continued on as normal, the two of them realized one detail about their little game that seemed to ellude them before...

"Ready to...givesh up...?" Suika asked to her taller opponent who looked just as intoxicated as she sounded.

"Notta chansh..." Yuugi hiccuped leaning over to Suika, nearly toppling over into her dish before catching her own body's reaction with what little reflexes her drunken mind could realize at the moment. "Lesh...haave anotha go...c'mon..." Yuugi held her dish up to Suika the shorter oni smirking at her challenge and readying the gourd before a distinct shout put an end to the battle that was just as nigh infinite as the very gourd that held limitless booze.

"Enough you two!" The Hakurei miko demanded, her hands akimbo and glaring at the drunken youkai who looked around to meet her gaze...well Yuugi did, Suika sorta...fell over in a fit of drunk laughter. She has seen just about enough of these two slug it out with beer, before she knew it, she'd have TWO oni to deal with at her shrine instead of the usual one. In all honesty, she didn't mind Suika when she drank, it's only when she started breaking things is when it becomes a problem...and since Suika makes it a habit of breaking stuff when ever she gets smashed, Reimu usually saw it as her duty to make sure she didn't drink too much. "Isn't there some other way for oni to settle things, you know...without drinking?"

Reimu's question was only answered in silence, the once drunk chuckling Suika now clamming up to find an answer to the question that had the both of them stumped...that is until Yuugi said something.

"You jush made cush you di'nt drink wit ush." Yuugi remarked smuggly.

Reimu sighed in exasperation, and pretended not to hear what Yuugi just said. She has forgotten how drunks can be hard to deal with sometimes. "You two have been going at this little contest for hours now...you started early this morning and now look at what time it is!"

The Oni looked to the sky and back to Reimu.

"That's right it's, 1 in the afternoon (I think)." Reimu added as she stepped down to Suika and Yuugi. It's true the both of them had been going at this for hours and hours with no determined end in sight. Reimu at first wondered why the both of them hadn't passed out in a pool of their own regurgitated liquor but, then remembered that Oni can take far FAR more booze than any human can...or rather any living thing could. Suika being almost perpetually drunk being a great testament to this notion. "The thing is, I don't see any end to this nonsense in sight. I know you both like your sake but come ON, there has to be one other way you can settle this?"

Suika and Yuugi looked to one another in silence, the lack of words between slowing wearing away at Reimu's already tathered patience. However, before the miko could throw in the towel, Suika spoke up with an interesting note...

"Well, there ish one thing...we could do..." She slurred in a drunken haze, casting her eyes to Yuugi as if saying 'you know what I mean'. Coincidentally, Yuugi did know of what Suika meant.

"Ah, you shure? I dun wanna whoop yo assh too hard so yush can't drink no mo'." Yuugi said learning closer to Suika who met her face with an intoxicated smirk.

"What exactly is it you're going to do?" Reimu asked the oni, with a raised eyebrow of curiosity. "If you're going to danmaku here, then you can forget it. I already had to replace the front end of my shrine twice this week and I'm not about doing that again."

"We ain't gonna danmakkoo, Raymoo." Suika said. "We'sh gonna play a lil some'in differant."

Huh, this was new, something that quipped Reimu's curiosity even more. Although, what exactly they were gonna play besides danmaku seemed to worry her a little. "Oh, why am I worried?" Reimu thought to herself. "There's plenty of other ways to settle stuff without danmaku, but still...why do I have this odd feeling of impending pain and anguish...?"

=====

"Dodgeball?" Reimu said as she stared at a flyer created by the tengu reporter, Aya Shameimaru. Apparently it didn't take long for her to catch wind of the oni's upcoming contest and before they knew it flyers were posted in most of the populated areas of Gensokyo. "You and Yuugi are going ot play Dodgeball over this?"

"Yep~" Suika nodded on a cheery note. "Although it's more like Oni Dodgeball now than anything else. The humans showed us the sport long ago and we oni sorta adapted our own version to spice things up a bit." Something about the words, Oni and Dodgeball coinciding in once phrase did not sit well with Reimu at all.

"Even so, don't you think you should be looking for team players for the upcoming match?" Reimu pointed out, pushing aside her repressed doubts to further look into this game Suika and Yuugi were having. The oni paused and looked up from her lazy posture as if she had seen or heard something absolutely jarring. Suika then scampered over to Reimu's table and looked at the flyer to find the words;

SPECIAL YOUKAI EVENT! ~ FANTASTIC DODGEBALL GAME

-A special game is going to be held at the near the Mountain of Youkai> Team captains; Suika Ibuki and Yuugi Hoshiguma are looking for 8 strong and competitive players to compete in one of the first ever Dodgeball matches ever to be held in Gensokyo!

Any youkai or human interested in participating should speak with Ran Yakumo about entering the contest. Be sure to state which team you are playing for~

Register now before the empty rosters fill up~!

"Ah Fudge, that stupid Aya got it all wrong!" Suika exclaimed, her palms meeting the sides of her head. Natrually, Reimu asked further into this, perhaps to see why Suika seemed to think Aya got this entire event wrong. Even though Dodgeball IS a team sport...like so many like it.

"So it's supposed to be one on one?" Reimu asked, thinking back to what she knew on the original sport...since she knew next to nothing on the Oni variant of Dodgeball. "Don't you think that would end a little too fast? From what I hear about Dodgeball, the games over once the other player has been hit by the ball or the thrower's ball has been caught by the opposer."

"You don't get it, Oni Dodgeball is different than that..." Suika shook her head in disagreement. "You see in Oni Dodgeball we-"

"Oi! Suika!" Came the shout of Marisa's voice from outside. Both Suika and Reimu stepping out of the shrine to see the witch standing in front of the donation box holding the flyer in one hand and her broom in the other. The witch was not alone; Yuuka, Kurumi, Meiling, Youmu and...a monkey youkai. "I heard you're holdin' a dodgeball game. You can count me-er, us in too!"

"What, you mean you all are entering?" Reimu asked to the group, a little surprised on not only how fast people responded to the flyers, but also on how many reacted at once. She could only begin to wonder what motives they had for signing up for all of this...

"Yep, signed up for Team Ibuki as soon as I heard...these guys sorta just tagged along with me afterward." Marisa replied, thumbing to Yuuka who only seemed to huff at the witch's words.

"You give way too much credit to yourself." Yuuka said bluntly as she glanced off elsewhere. "I signed up, because well...let's just say I know how game works~"

"I came, when I found out Yuuka was coming." Kurumi said before she shrunk a bit, her expression sinking as she recalled Yuuka's gatekeeper wasn't present. "...Too bad, Elly couldn't come though..."

"Someone needs to watch over the mansion while I'm gone." Yuuka stated to the vampire as she turned to face her. "It was either you or her who was coming...I thought we made that clear before we left?"

"Lady Yuyuko believed it would be fun for me to enter this Dodgeball game." Youmu said. "Of course, this is also good training for me as well, so I wouldn't pass up this oppurtunity so easily."

"What about you, Meiling?" Reimu asked the chinese gatekeeper whom she rarely saw leave her post at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

"I'm playing to represent the Scarlet Devil Mansion." Meiling nodded before there was a pause. "...Although, I don't see any reason why Sakuya or Koakuma couldn't come with me either...

"And...who the hell're you?" Reimu said turning to the monkey youkai.

"Sarushi. I'm just hear for the sport." The monkey stated with a scratch behind his head, his efforts producing a small tick to which he happily ate seconds later.

Suika looked at the lot of folks gathered at the shrine, unsure on if she should tell them of what was really going to go down during the game. If she knew anything, she knew that half of them...were going to die. Well maybe Marisa, Youmu and Sarushi...but Yuuka, Meiling and Kurumi might make it. "Listen, I like how you all came here lookin to play and all, but you have to understand, Oni Dodgeball was meant for ONI to play." Suika said. "The rules and everything are alot different, and the odds of one of you dieing out there is...well, pretty high."

"Dieing from Dodgeball?" Marisa spoke up a bit of laugh chasing into her response to the news.. "I know you can get hurt playin' Dodgeball but you can be serious about the dieing part...right?"

"No. I'm serious." Suika replied with a look to mirror her response. "This sport...is vicious. The only reason us Oni can play it is because we have the physical fortitude to actually live through it. Do you know what one of those balls can do to the body? You will be torn apart, rip to shreds, and outright mutilated. Some of you may even will lose control of your bowels from the mind wrenching pain that you'll have to endure just to get through the first round. By the end of the match, I gaurentee that everyone of you will be pissing and shitting on yourselves in front of hundreds of people, it will be an outright miracle if just one of you manages to make it out of this alive...let alone without any lasting mental scars of what happened to you, your team mates or the other guys."

There is an ominous silence that begins to flood the shrine grounds, everyone looking to each other as they realized that the game they thought was going to be fun...turned out to be some form of brutal deathmatch only meant for Oni to play. Of course, this silence did not last for very long as Yuuka stepped forward once more, showing that she was going to remain in the roster. Marisa, Youmu, Kurumi, Sarushi and Meiling were next in line to follow behind Yuuka.

"You all are still willing to play, even after I said all that stuff...?" Suika asked, everyone nodding to her question. The oni simply shook her head and laughed to herself. "I don't know if what you all are doing is either retarded or brave, but...if you insist~"

=====

Step into game...gotta play to win...

Time marched on and before anyone knew it, the awaited dodgeball event was underway. Many youkai and humans alike were congregating in a specially made...or should I say, specially gapped stadium, prepared by Yukari to accomidate the event. It was quite literally, one of the most lively events in Gensokyo's history; Mystia and her four friends used the large gathering to sell yakitori and other snacks to make loads of money. The Moriya Shrine residents...or rather just Kanako, took advantage of the large crowd to try and invite others to support Yuugi's team and in the process give their faith to the Moriya Shrine. It was a wonder people never seemed to question where such a thing was for Suika's team...

Meanwhile in Team Ibuki's locker room, things were slowly gearing up for the upcoming match against Team Hoshiguma. After changing into their sports uniforms, something Kurumi complained about seeing as to how she had to wear the tight buruma instead of the shorts everyone else got to wear, Reimu gathered everyone to discuss something rather important with the team captain herself; a plan to use against the opponents as well as the easiest way to see to it that no body actually dies from this match. "Alright everyone, we're about to go up against Yuugi and her team...as you know, this is a dangerous sport and one or more of us may still be badly hurt by the time this is all done. For that reason, we need to come up with a plan so we can beat Team Hoshiguma and get through this without any needless casualties." Reimu said to her fellow team mates who fell silent as they began contemplating on any possible plans they could come up with to use in the game.

"Do we know anything about Team Hoshiguma's roster?" Youmu asked to anyone who would give her an answer. "If we know how her team's set up, we can come up with an effective strategy to exploit any weakness it might have."

"Well, I think they have alot of youkai if that counts for something." Sarushi said, most of his attention focused on combing through Kurumi's blond hair for external parasites. "But I think that green haired shrine lady from that Moriya place is playing for her team too. She ain't human is she?"

"You mean Sanae? She's human alright." Reimu said with a nod, with a narrow of her eyes. "Kanako must have plugged her into this game for some reason, sports like this don't seem like Sanae's bag at all."

"Even so, if Sanae's the only human on the team, we know that she may also be the weakest link." Yuuka noted, shooting a murderous glare at the monkey youkai that set to groom her green hair. "Although I still think, we need to know if Yuugi has any weaker YOUKAI on her team as well...if we do. then we'll know which ones to target last."

"Yuugi Hoshiguma, Kanako Yasaka, Yamame Kurodani, Utsuho Reiuji, Sanae Kochiya, Parsee Mizuhashi, Rin Kaenbyou, and... Koishi Komeiji." Everyone turned to see Kurumi reading from a flyer. "What? It's on the flyer."

"Okay with that, the weakest of that team is Yamame and Parsee." Yuuka said. "If we take out the stronger players first the rest will fall into place rather easily."

"In that case, you can count on me to take out the stronger ones," Suika said with a grin. "Especially Yuugi, she's mine~!"

"Me too," Meiling rose her hand, volunteering to shoot for the stronger players. "They won't know what hit'em!"

"Marisa, Youmu, Kurumi Sarushi; what're you all gonna do?"

"Leave the speed and dodgin' to us." Sarushi spoke up, the other three nodding in agreement to his words.

"Alright then, if everyone's straight on our plan then let's go kick some ass!" Suika yelled throwing her fist out, as her team placed their own against hers.

Back outside, the crowd's roars had came to a hushed murmur as the sound of Aya's (obnoxious) voice rang throughout the stadium in the microphone that whined a bit at the sound of her voice. "Welcome, youkai and humans to the first ever Gensokyo Dodgeball Game, where Team Ibuki squares off with Team Hoshiguma in a fight for glory!" The tengu shouted in an over the topish announcer like tone. "I'm your host for this event, Aya Shameimaru and this is your co host...Hatate Himekaidou."

There was a distinct softness in volume when it came to speak Hatate's name. No one seemed to notice.

"So Hatate, how does it feel to witness Gensokoy history, to see this exciting sport finally play out before our eyes?"

"I gotta say, even though I know about Dodgeball, this version everyone's going to play sounds quite interesting." Hatate replied. "To think, a Dodgeball game created by the oni, who knew such a sport existed right here in Gensokyo this whole time?"

"You got that right, now then let us welcome our teams to the field and get this game started!!" Aya shouted as the crowd's uproarous cheers rose in volume as the players from both Team Ibuki and Team Hoshiguma stepped onto the field from their respective locker rooms. This wasn't a one on one deal anymore...this was now a team thing...and if they all wished to experience what Oni Dodgeball was all about, then they were going to witness first hand just why it's never been discovered until now. Reimu walked closer to The shorter oni, leaning down somewhat to whisper something into her ear.

"Do you think Aya and everyone else knows how this is really going to play out?" The miko asked to Suika who merely shrugged.

"And to your left you have Team Ibuki of the Hakurei Shrine; their leader Suika her team of Reimu, Marisa, Meiling, Youmu, Yuuka, Kurumi and...Sarushi." Aya announced, Suika's team standing on the field and taking their positions for the match ahead. "And their opponentes are Team Hoshiguma of the Ancient City; their leader Yuugi and her team of Yamame, Utsuho, Sanae, Parsee, Rin, Koishi, and Kanako!" The crowd cheered even louder at the calling of Yuugi's roster, a clear indication that alot of people were supporting Yuugi's team rather than Suika's.

"Now the rules of Oni Dodgeball are very similar to the orignial game; players work together with their teams mates to eliminate the opposing teams players." Hatate explained as the opposing teams stared each other down, a few taunts being thrown across the boundary line of the playing field. "A player is out when they just can't continue playing and the game ends when one team's players are all pass out from their injuries or simply die~"

There's a short pause, followed by confused murmurs from the crowd who weren't really expecting to hear such a thing.

"Wait, what?" Hatate said in confusion.

"Haha! You're such a kidder, Hatate." Aya said with a staged laughter. "There's no way this game could be so cruel and brutal to our players."

"Well then you read it! It says so right there!" Hatate said a sudden thump and screech of the microphone echoing across the stadium as the tengu forced her papers into Aya's line of sight. "See, right there under the part where the teams are listed."

... ... ...

"Oh my..." Aya gasped, her eyes having now gazed upon the truth of Oni Dodgeball and perhaps the reason why no one knew about it. Because those who play it, usually either have brain damage from the event or have died from just playing one game. "Ahaha, well then I suppose it's good that we have Eirin and her squad of nurse bunnies on the scene to treat any injuries, be they minor or life threatening~"

"Yeah, one thing's for sure...I do NOT envy those playing this game. Although..." Hatate paused as she directed everyone's attention to the two teams below. "They all look as if they're willing to go through with this even with the aspect of Death looming over them...I must say, for a collected group determined to balance their very lives on a dodgeball game, they sure are stupid..." Not too far away, Komachi looked up from eating a chili dog, almost as if someone called her name for something.

"Got that right, Hatate." Aya agreed. "Anyway...let's get this game started, Referee Byakuren Hijiri is above the playing field ready to begin the game."

"Players, are you ready?" Byakuren called from above the field, the lot of them nodding eagerly in response. "Okay...Ready~?"

The crowd leaned in somewhat awaiting the coming violence like an oh so sweet release to one's mastabatory pleasure.

"Fuck'em up!" Byakuren blew the whistle ushering in a burst of activity below as both teams scrambled to the center to grab a ball for the opening offensive. Meiling was first to get her hands on a ball and immedieatly launched it into the oncoming group. The ball curved past a screaming Yamame and slammed into the side of Parsee, a sickening echo of her bones cracking resonating from her tumbling body.

"Ooooh and Mizuhashi goes down hard already. That's gonna leave a mark~!" Hatate said, the crowd practically recoiling in pain at the sight of Parsee getting hit by such a vicious hit this early in the game.

"Dang it, Meiling!" Marisa exclaimed. "Remember the plan!"

"S-Sorry, it curved..."

"Aaagh! I'm s-s-so jealous of you all...not..h-having to experience this paaaaaiAAAH! OH GOD IT HURTS!" As Parsee lay on the field, screaming in agony at the broken bones in her side, her surrounding team began to realize that...this game was fucking insane!

"Can you still play, Parsee!" Yuugi called out to the bridge princess as she ducked several throws from the opponents. Slowly, Parsee began to push her self to her feet, clutching her aching side as she came to a wobbly stand. The crowd roared at the mere sight of Parsee managing find the strength to stand on two legs despite the crippling pain that ravaged her side.

"Ah, but it looks like Parsee's not gonna give in just yet. This goes to show the amazing fortitude from the Hoshiguma side!" Aya shouted, Suika and her team collectively clicking their teeth at the second wind of the bridge princess and for good reason...they thought she was one of the weakest.

"No way, she managed to stand up after a hit like that!?" Meiling said in disbelief, not paying attention to the paniced cries of her team mates. The moment Meiling's mind realized she was in danger, it was all too late, she felt an unbelievable force crash into her stomach, the sheer force of the impact burning through her like a hot razor through butter. Meiling planted her feet firmly on the ground, the earth cracking under her soles as she was pushed back by the full brunt of the ball's might. When the ball finally stopped spinning and fell dead to the ground...so did Meiling, her body curled up in pain before her stomach rejected a pool of pre-digested chinese food and blood.

"Owch! Looks like the chinese buffet's on Meiling tonight, look at that spew!" Aya announced to the audience, the crowd moaning in disgust while others shouted in excitement.

"Is the gatekeeper even getting up?" Youmu asked, as she caught a ball that was aimed for her chest and returned fire to the other side, the agonized cry of Koishi piercing the sky and the sound of her colliding with what sounded like Sanae...

"No, she's still laying down!" Kurumi shouted back narrowly dodging getting hit in the face by a flaming ball. "I don't know if she can get back up..."

"Dammit! We need her for this game; Kurumi go get her up. Sarushi cover her!" Suika barked to the two players.

"You got-Ookyarf!" Sarushi's response died in his mouth as a speeding ball nailed him in the face and sent him sprawling across the field a trail of blood following behind him in a spetacular crimson stream.

"Nooo! Not the monkey!" Marisa yelled watching as the monkey youkai's body came to rest a little ways from Meiling's, his leg twitching about several times. Eirin ordered two bunnies onto the field, the rabbits cautiously ran to the field to check on the two downed players. One of the rabbits confirmed that Sarushi had lost concsiousness upon impact and was thus Out. Meiling however...

"And Meiling's getting back up folks! Yuugi's team isn't the only one with tough players on it!" Hatate said, as the crowd laid witness to the gatekeeper getting back to her feet, albeit barely. Sarushi however, was carried away on a stretcher, carried by two rabbits one of them donning a cap that had a makeshift light on it's top...perhaps to mimic that of an ambulance.

"Sarushi's out, which means we're already at a disadvantage in the speed department." Reimu pointed out as she managed to duck a speeding ball. "Damn what are those things made off steel!"

"We're not down yet!" Suika said catching a ball and dashing toward the front line. As she drew closer, she reeled back and with everything launched a, now glowing, dodgeball to wreck havoc on Yuugi's side of the playing field. The ball bagan to grow larger and larger, taking on a menacing orange color as it beared down on the Hoshiguma team.

"Wha...What the hell is that!" shouted Parsee, crinigng from the pain that still gripped her. "Is that...even allowed in this game!?"

"Giganto Shot, one of Suika's Superthrows...looks like she's playing for keeps now." Yuugi replied grimly as the giant ball continued to barrel down toward them like a speeding meteorite. Knowing what destruction this Supertrhow could unleash, Yuugi rocketed toward the ball and held her hands out, her palms colliding with the dominating force of the immense glowing dodgeball. However even with Yuugi's strength to match the ball's size, it was clear that it was no easy task just keeping it at bay...

"Yuugi's going to take on that giant ball by herself!" Hatate gasped. "Hope she has health insurance for this."

"Well she's gonna have to start looking because there isn't any in Gensokyo, but that doesn't seem to be stopping her from trying to stop that ball!" Aya added.

"Tch, should have known she'd try to pull something like that. Suika how did you pull that stuff off?" Yuuka asked to the oni ahead of her, knowing that now was as good a chance as any to

"Huh, the Special just now?"

"Yeah that."

"I sorta run for a while and threw it really hard, but you have to time it right though or it won't come out." Suika explained to the flower youkai who nodded and grabbed on of the dead balls on the ground, dashing forth and launching her own Super shot into the fray, this one taking forming on a collection of smaller orbs closely encircling the original one, taking on the shape of glowing sunflower. The crowd gasped as they witnessed the shot that screamed toward Yuugi's still body, the oni too preoccupied with pushing back the Giganto Shot to react to the oncoming attack.

"Oh no, here comes the dreaded Hinawa Shot and Yuugi's wide open!" Hatate said as she turned to Aya. "Yuuka doesn't play around in these sort of games does she?"

"You said it, Hatate. Yuugi may be strong, but she'll be in serious trouble if she's hit with that full force!" Aya replied.

"Damn...can't...move...!" Yuugi grunted clenching her teeth for the inevitable impact of the fast approaching Hinawa Shot, however...

BAM!

"Look at this folks, Yamame has just bravely sacrificed herself for her captain's sake!" Hatate shouted into the microphone, Yuugi looking up to see the tsuchigumo take the shot for her only to be mowed down and sent hurtling to the back of the playing field, her body slamming into the wall so hard that it actually managed ot penetrate it. As the dust cleared, Yamame lay motionless in the wall, her eyes blank and blood dribbling from her maw...

Woo-Woo-Woo-Woo-Woo~

The bunnies came onto the field once more and carried of Yamame, her mouth dripping with blood the entire trip back to Eirin's medical tent.

"And Yamame goes down, which makes our teams even now!" Hatate announced the obvious to the crowd who was enveloped in a cacophony of cheers for Yuuka and a collection of 'Boo's of those who supported Yuugi's team.

"Yuuka you idiot, we're supposed save those guys for last!" Marisa said to the flower master who didn't take kindly to her words.

"Shut your hole, I can't help the fact that the spider chose to sacrifice herself." Yuuka retorted sharply before noticing the others taking up arms with balls and the Giganto Shot burst and shrink back to size in a spectacular flare of orange energy. Their time was up, and now Team Hoshiguma was ready to bring the heat...

"Uhhhh....do we have any balls on our side...?" Kurumi asked, her voice beginning to tremble along with her body. Sadly there were no balls on their side to fight back with...they had thrown them all to the other side just now and Yuuka exhausted the last one with her Hinawa Shot. As everyone prepared for one merciless counter attack, Suika's drifted to the back of the group, seeing Kanako and Koishi being the only ones not on the front lines.

"Wait a minute..." Suika muttered. "This isn't over...we can still win this!"

"What?" Meiling said. "We're about to creamed!"

"Try to catch whatever you can!" Suika ordered, seeing Yuugi's team now coming at them at running speed. "Aim for Kanako first, then Koishi. I'll try to cover who ever I can."

And with those words, the onslaught began.

Utsuho was the first to attack, leaping into the sky and throwing down a ball that enveloped itself in an aura of nuclear fire. Suika's team sprang into action not long after this to dodge the attack that slammed into their field with increadible force, Kurumi picked up the still scorching ball and passed it to an airborne Yuuka who launched it back into the opposing field. Yuugi's team set to do the same, unfortunately, Koishi was much too slow and found the ball crash into her vulnerable craniam. Her neck snapped back and her body slammed onto the ground motionless. 

Woo-Woo-Woo-Woo-Woo~

The rabbits dragged the satori back off the field on the stretcher one of them barely managing to escape a stray ball.

"Looks like that closed third eye did Koishi no good in this game, folks. She's outta there which puts Team Ibuki in the lead!" Aya said before a piercing scream caught brought her eyes down back to the field to see Sanae on the ground missing an arm, a steaming ball laying behind her as tendrils of smoke rose from the seered off nub that used to hold her left arm. Kanako rushed to her aide, Rin and Utsuho covering the wind goddess as they caught two balls that were aimed for her. "Whoa! and Sanea-!"

"GYAAAAAAH!" came the agnozing scream of Meiling, several balls slamming into her body before one more nailed her in the head, the impact sending her toppling over on the ground and blood beginning to pool under her face.

"Meiling-!"

"GROOORGH!" Parsee fell to the ground having vomited a torrent of blood, the ball that hit her still lodged in her upper abdominal region. Utsuho soon followed as she fell onto Parsee's downed body, a fountain of blood spurtting from her chest.

"Pa-!"

"KYAAAAAH!" Youmu went flying back, her arms having been completely broken in an attempt to catch one of Kanako's throws to her. The half ghost tried to get up only to have a blue flamed ball slam into her torso and send her rolling back into the ground below. The Myon following her pitifully curling onto her crumbled frame. Suddenly, Kurumi slammed into the wall behind Youmu, the vampire pinned into the wall by a ball that was lodged into her stomach as she tried to pull herself out but gave in and fell into unconiciousness.

"I-" Aya was yet again interrupted by the crowd cheering as Orin wet her self in fear as she tried to escape a fast moving ball only to have it slam into her spine and practically snap it in half, the kasha letting out a blood curdling yowl of agony as she flipped over her self several times and came to rest on her face, legs in the air...

"Dammit! Slow down, I can't give commentary to all this at once!" Aya shouted in frustration as Hatate chuckled and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hehe, you just missed Marisa going down~" The tengu said as she held up her cellphone and snapped a photot of Marisa's twisted and bloody form, laying on the sidelines. "Guess your not THE fastest in Gensokyo after all~"

"You know what, F(bleeep) you, Hatate!"

====

The match carried on well into sunset, both teams having lost each and every one of their team mates. Well...save for Suika of Team Ibuki and Yuugi of Team Hoshiguma. However, both were not without their gruesome injuries; Suika's uniform had torn along the side, a bloody gash to show on her bare side. Suika's right arm was mangled to the point where the bone of her elbow was peeking out of the flesh, her right arm was dripping with blood and her face was bruised and swollen. Yuugi was no better, the side of her blond hair tainted crimson from a bloody head injury that she had shrugged off hours ago, half of her shirt was burned off from the waist on up, a piece of her horn was missing, one of her eyes had swollen shut.

"Looks like...it really did come down to just you and me in the end...huh Yuugi?" Suika breathed, her vision beginning to falter and blur in and out. Even though she was the last one standing...she wouldn't remain that way for long...

"Heh...yeah...but with this..." Yuugi holds up a blood soaked ball. "...We'll see who wins..."

"...get ready to let me to treat me to a round...after this..." Suika grinned, readying her own ball, the surface just as stained with dried blood as Yuugi's.

"I...I don't believe it..." Hatate said as she, Aya and the entire studio audiance looked on in awe at the Oni that were squaring off for one final blow. "Even after the gruesome and gut wrenching punishment everyone else went through...both captains are still standing..."

"But with this next hit, one of this IS going down...both of them showed superhuman endurance, but they're both at their limits...who will be the one to walk away from this? Suika or Yuugi?"

The question that they both asked themselves for a while now...was going to answered right here on this field.

"Let's go, Suika!" Yuugi roared as she charged forward, reeling back to throw.

"Bring it on!" Suika screamed back as she met Yuugi's charge with her own. The oni reeled her arm back and flung the ball forward just as Yuugi threw hers, the bloody dodgeballs screaming across the boundary line and slamming into the faces of both of the oni captains, giving birth to a picturesque scene of the famous "cross counter". However this image did not last long, for the two oni went flying back from the sheer force of their throws, a thunderous boom echoed from the center of the field as Suika and Yuugi violently crashed into the walls on their side of the playing field.

"Oh man, a cross counter! And just when we thought things couldn't get any more epic than this!"

"But which one is going to stand, this game isn't over until one of them is standing!"

The crowd anxiously talked amongst themselves as they watch the dust clear from the walls to see which oni was going to stand up. To their astonishment, both of them were on their feet and were even walking back to the center field. Yuugi picking up the smoldering remains of the ball that practically exploded upon hitting her face, while Suika did the same. As the oni walked to the center, they reeled back for one final throw and...

THUD!

Yuugi's body fell to the ground, Suika dropping the tathered remains of her ball onto her bloodied head.

"Heh...Y-you're...out..." Suika said before she hacked up blood and collapsed.

====

"Are you ready?" Eirin asked to Marisa as she held her arm above her body. The witch nodded silently before  Eirin forcefully wrenched her bone back into place, a sickening snap echoing through the room and Marisa yowling in pain. "Oh hush, you're a big girl." Eirin chided as she let Marisa's arm down and left the room. After the game had ended, everyone who participated in the Dodgeball match was shipped to Eientei for extensive medical treatment. Thankfully, no one was going to see Komachi as a result of an early death, but there were still some lasting battle scars from the game...scars that were either staying around for a while...or just outright permanent.

"Man...I can't...believe we...won..." Meiling chocked out from her bed, her vision barely focused. "Even though every part of my body is aching, I can't eat solid food for a month and I have this weird stuff that drips out of my ears...it feels d-darn...good to win at this..." Meiling brought her crippled fist to the air.

"G-go...Team...Ibuki...Ow-owowow!"

"Yeah, we...really...rocked the house, right Youmu?" Marisa turned to the half ghosts who was still unconcious, the only means to break the silence being the constant "beep" of the life support system that did it's duty of keeping little Youmu alive. "Yeah, everyone...had a good time~!" Marisa added, pretending those very blips from the life support system was actually Youmu's response to her. How odd...

"Ashthough, I wonder..." Yuuka began, sitting across from her bed ridden team mates, her arm in a sling, her left eye bandadged shut and her right leg in a cast. Her voice is barely legible given her teeth were missing. "Whath wath it thath you and Yuugi foughth ovah?"

Reimu wondered on the same thing, the visage of the two oni locked in a drinking contest ringing back into her mind. "Yeah, come to think of it...I don't really remember why you two had that drinking contest this morning..."

"Oh, yeah that..." Suika chuckled a bit as she scratched behind her head. "We sorta just did it for the hell of it."

Everyone fell silent...

"You mean...we risked our lives...suffered nearly life threatening injuries...just because you two fought for the hell of it?" Kurumi said as she rose up from her bed only to grow increadibly dizzy and flop onto her face. She forgot she had sustained something of a concussion in that game...

"I'm sorry! I sorta...forgot to tell everyone." Suika said with an anxious chuckle. "You all got me so psyched for the game I guess it slipped my mind." Unfortunately, Suika's apology did not excuse her from the death glares of her injured team memebers, every single one of them, even Youmu's Myon, was thirsting for payback against the oni.

"Can I get any of you anything?" Reisen said, peeping into the room to check on the lot of them.

"Yes, as a matter of fact you can." Yuuka said. "A box that can hold an oni corpse is fine, thank you~"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:23:23 AM by Minotaur IV Erebus »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2010, 02:40:51 AM »
Oh God yes

I came

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2010, 02:36:41 PM »
HAMMER! SHUT U-Nah, just kidding.

By decision of Supreme Court Member Ruro, you get the usual ~One Week Deadline Extension~

Everyone who's surprised please raise their hand  :3

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2010, 02:40:43 PM »
Everyone who's surprised please raise their hand  :3

Can I raise someone elses hand? After removing it from them, first?

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2010, 04:42:26 PM »
*Raises hand.*

I was expecting a duel off between me and Erebus.  Via death tennis or something.  A match that brutally ends when Purvis takes us both out via orbital bombardment.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2010, 04:44:47 PM »
Oh don't worry, it could still turn out to be a duel. Actually, I almost expect it to :V

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2010, 09:05:18 PM »
HAMMERTIME!

Judges are preparing, please watch warmly.

Sorry, real life prevented me from judging today  :ohdear:

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »
Hammer time and stuff, as Sakana said~

Okey-doke, one judge (I won't name who it is, but his name starts with C and ends with haore) did not send in his judgment, but Sakana and I agreed on our choices, making a majority, so YAY FOR TYRANNY BY THE MASSES!

This week's winner was remarkably close between our two competitors-- their quality was about equal, but there had to be a winner. As such, this week's winner is Erebus, since being on par with Iced Fairy is quite the achievement. Erebus, you've been improving. Congratulations!

If this announcement is half-assed, it's because I just got dragged out of my nap in my hammock and I don't really want to be here right now when I could be dozing in the sunshine. Or watching The Twelve Kingdoms. Or Nanoha Abridged. Or something.

As such, instead of a competition this week (and partially because our judges need more ideas for the next contest), I declare at least a one-week moratorium to the contests. We will resume next week. Maybe. It's summertime, damnit, you folks should be outside and having fun at the beach! Unless you live on the gulf coast or in the southern hemisphere, in which case, SUCKS TO BE YOU ROFL

So yeah. Go outside and have fun, no contest for this week. It's summer break, after all!

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2010, 01:40:59 AM »
Unless you live on the gulf coast or in the southern hemisphere, in which case, SUCKS TO BE YOU ROFL

:ohdear:

But but but

My beautiful Pensacola Beach that I've never actually been to but still LOW BLOW MAN LOW BLOW