Author Topic: Fiction by KimikoMuffin  (Read 34633 times)

Fiction by KimikoMuffin
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »
This thing again. First of all, the main fiction section of my site, which contains:

Second of all, shorts, and not-quite-so-shorts but which don't have any other place. They are too numerous and varied to list here, that's what the index page is for to begin with.

Finally, Articles on Gensokyo, providing more in-character and out-of-character stuff, ranging from a list of romantic pairings in my stories in order of plausability with respect to canon to a Gensokyo Chronicle article on the inaccurately-named "Pride of Youkai". Oh, also, reviews.

I was, of course, waiting until I had something new to release before I made this thread. So here's a short titled Alice Illness. Funny coincidence, I seem to have come down with something when I was finishing this up ...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:00:53 AM by KimikoMuffin »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Fiction by KimikoMuffin
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »
Alice hogtied naked to a bed is one ... evokative image. That was a sweet story. Liked the Simpsons reference in there, too.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:13:50 PM »
Spreadeagled, not hogtied. Hogtied would be her wrists and ankles all bound to each other. But yeah. |3

Tengukami

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:22:45 PM »
Spreadeagled, not hogtied. Hogtied would be her wrists and ankles all bound to each other. But yeah. |3

Whoops! Freudian slip on my part there, heh. Hm.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 01:08:40 PM »
Nice story, Kimiko.

I loved it.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 08:00:26 AM »
Okay, so, uh, *cough* I didn't realize/remember that Renko could also tell time by looking at the sky, so I added references to that in A Different Story of an Eastern Wonderland, and a couple of other minor cleanup-thingies as well. After much deliberation, I have also given it a Japanese name: 東方夢境界 (Touhou Yumekyoukai), or "Oriental Dream Boundary"); as well as Perfect Square, which gets 東方古帰国 (Touhou Kokikoku, or "Oriental Old Home").

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »
And now I have started adding logos for the stories. Last night I finished the logo for:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 03:52:16 AM by KimikoMuffin »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 04:29:55 PM »
i like ur font.. sauce, muffin?

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 04:47:51 PM »
That'd be from the Epson collection. The English text uses EPSON-FUTO-GYOSHO, and the kanji is EPSON-KAISHO.

I was going for a similar look to the PCB logo. I would've used the exact same fonts ZUN used, but they turned out to be only for sale.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »
right, right...
in process of reading this..

Manipulation of destruction is kinda hax

and i see you're trying to add Bamboo Forest being having some Time Hax. more details required muffin or it won't stack, as it is not canon nor really explained, yo!

EDIT:
Done with it, reasonable short but okay.
I like the way you phrased how they got funny colored hair.

and.. Everyone is gay in Gensokyo.

Although, Keine being like that makes me irk.
but still..

good job muffin
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 02:00:48 PM by wrathie »

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
Actually, it is canon. (The hax, however, is presumably on Maribel's part, not that of the Bamboo Forest.)

And no, everyone's bi in Gensokyo, it's just Mokou who's gay.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 04:03:46 PM »
ah right, i'll read that when ... i have the time to.. work soon.

Mokou's been gay is fine, i mean... goodness knows i pair her with Keine half the time

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 07:20:08 PM »
Here's a short titled Curse of the Heavens. I pretty much just banged it all out at once, with a break in between. I was, like, driven, man.

I've also done a little bit of cleanup work on Perfect Square; the most major changes are that the flashback to SoEW now has the last two stages taking place in Makai (like they do in, y'know, the game), and Byakuren gets mentioned.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »
You know, I don't exactly frequent your site (I'm not one for Walfas comics, just a preference)-- but that was quite good for a short piece. Everything was set up nicely for the events of IN, and all the little references made me giggle. And it had Yoriyori in it. Well done.

And now I remember that I read Enlightened Mind's Eye a while ago and would like to see it continue... hmm, let's see what else is here.

Subterranean Dolls... rofl Marisa got owned
Yuka's Love...
Spoiler:
Yay! Selfcest!
Seihou4koma is the best thing on the site. /Hiranofag
I see a Koishi fic. I'll have to come back to this later~

These are why Muffin is the Puntasm stage boss.

... :V

Gpop

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »
I see a Koishi fic. I'll have to come back to this later~

Oh god that fic was win because of Flan x Koishi, especially in the end.

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 03:44:14 AM »
Another short. Admittedly, it's a bit late. The Great Fairy Caper: Catness Side-Story.

Tengukami

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 06:16:30 AM »
Another short. Admittedly, it's a bit late. The Great Fairy Caper: Catness Side-Story.

Your fiction is really good, Muffin. Everything new thing I read is better than the last. This one really came to life for me. Thanks.

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 04:44:20 AM »
Enlightened Mind's Eye: Aboveground Incursion 1

I admit I'm a bit hesitant about this, insofar as it's pretty much basically just one long action sequence ...

*glances towards Shrine of Gensokyo* ... um, y'know what, never mind.

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 04:14:46 PM »
Curse of the Heavens, part 2.

I thought it would be somewhat apropos. (Interesting fact: this is the first story I've made which takes place at the same time it was written.)

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 06:58:57 AM »
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 03:51:58 AM by KimikoMuffin »

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 07:16:11 AM »
What the hell does the pic mean?

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 07:36:27 AM »
Perhaps it's saying something about Makai...maybe asking if anything has changed there since the events of MS?

I only say this because of the background itself...whatever.

Even so, said pic still gives me this weird feeling inside, the good kind instead of the usual grimdark bad.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 07:40:13 PM »
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 03:50:58 AM by KimikoMuffin »

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 04:07:38 AM »

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »
Okay, I know it's been ages, but I am still, believe it or not, Doing Stuff. Now let's try an experiemnt!

A Different Story of an Eastern Wonderland: Chapter 4

Interlude: The Previous Night

Sakuya led Flandre down the stairs and into the basement. The younger of the two Scarlet sisters was allowed to do whatever and go wherever she liked in the basement, and nobody would bother her or indeed even visit very much, provided that she stayed down there and didn't try to bother anyone outside of the basement.

Flandre wasn't stupid. She knew perfectly well that the reason for this was to protect the world at large from her. Ironically, she had come to this realization relatively recently, now that her psychotically destructive tendencies were dying down.

First, Remilia had hired Kaguya and Mokou as tutors, since they could survive ... things. They'd gotten as far as teaching her that it was better to use non-lethal danmaku, and to at least consider "other people" as a concept. Then Koishi had shown up, used her control over the subconscious to prevent Flandre from vaporizing her, and then ...

... well, and then stole Flandre's heart, really, insofar as someone with the mentality of a twelve-year-old girl (with "five-hundred-year-old vampire" modifiers) could seriously be said to be "in love," and the reverse was true as well. Koishi had sealed her Third Eye shut in order to escape the fear and hatred most people had of the satori species, and this had closed her heart away. Her encounter with Flandre had opened it again.1

more ...

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 12:05:22 AM »
Yay Muffinfiction~
Always worth the wait.

I'm enjoying this story in particular.
Time for a Mari danmaku training montage

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 02:52:10 AM »
Hey, it's only been four months this time. (Also, as I said there, I made some slight changes to the previous chapters; in particular, I changed "Han" to "Hearn" because it's just been bugging me.)

A Different Story of an Eastern Wonderland: Chapter 5

"What?" said Maribel.

Yukari Yakumo smiled. "Hmm, yes," she said. "I suppose you could say it's a timeframe which resides on the border of 'long enough' and 'quick enough.' It will certainly be an interesting duel, regardless."

Marisa grumbled under her breath. "Why?" she exclaimed.

Yukari glanced at Marisa, then turned back to Maribel. "Voluntarily opening a hole in the Hakurei Border separating our two worlds? Accidentally dropping in is one thing, but making your own hole in it is no mean feat," she said.

Renko furrowed her brow. "But ... you show up on our side all the time."

"Well, yes, I can do it easily," said Yukari, mock-impatiently. "My power is the manipulation of any kind of boundary. But for two girls fooling around with crystals? One might say it should be nearly impossible."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:54:30 AM by KimikoHomuffin »

Nosebleed

• Boisterous Imagist
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 03:26:48 AM »
Bookmarked your website.  It's pretty nice!  I enjoyed the YuyukoXYoumu short.

Plus, were you the one who wrote that CYOA on DS?