Author Topic: Mystery Case Files: Hidden Object - Hakureiville  (Read 3613 times)

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
Mystery Case Files: Hidden Object - Hakureiville
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:13:04 AM »
It was another peaceful day in Gensokyo. The sun shone, flowers were blooming, youkais behaved, humans behaved, fairies did everything but behave, and a slight breeze was swaying the branches. Alas, as was the norm in Gensokyo, it did not last.

"IBUKI SUUUIIIIIIKAAAAAA!"

The voice resounded through the forest surrounding the Hakurei Shrine. The shrine maiden, dressed in all red and white was standing in the courtyard, fuming with anger apparently, looking for someone.

"I know you are around here, Suika, show yourself!"

The shrine maiden spun around, hearing a mild moan from behind the branch shrine on the corner of the courtyard, and moved over there, to investigate.

What appeared like a young girl, torn white shirt, blue skirt, orange hair, and a plethora of chains on her, was lying there, slowly regaining consciousness. The red and white dressed girl punched the girl on the top of her head, between two horns jutting out of it.

"Oowwww!" the small girl proclaimed.

"Where is it, Suika? What did you do this time?" The red-white was still visibly agitated.

"What are you talking about Reimu?" The young girl replied, rubbing her head.

A gohei cracked down on Suika's head as Reimu, the shrine maiden frantically pointed towards the shrine.

"It's gone! It's gone and you took it!" Reimu continued striking the oni Suika on the head with her staff, the latter not even attempting to defend herself.

"Give it back! Give me my donation box back!" Suika looked up when the striking finally stopped and saw Reimu sobbing to herself now.

"You didn't take it, did you?"

"Why would I want to take your donation box, Reimu?"

Reimu had converted to a fetal position, sucking her thumb and quietly crying now. The oni was shocked at seeing the shrine maiden, who usually was so composed, reduced to a slobbering fool. She patted Reimu on the head.

"I guess you have an incident to solve now, Maiden of the Hakurei Shrine." Suika said with an encouraging smile.

------------------------------------------------------

I post one story, I post two story. I post one whodunit, I post two whodunit. This idea I had cooking for a long time now (doesn't mean it's well refined) and I thought, let's throw it out there while I am at it. A whodunit without death, and rather lighthearted, as one expects from Gensokyo. Hope y'all enjoy.
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
Re: Mystery Case Files: Hidden Object - Hakureiville
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 09:36:47 PM »
"Birds fly, grass grows, the sun shines, and sisters, I hurt fairies! WHOOO!"

Marisa was flying at high speed over the treetops of the Magic Forest, in a more ecstatic mood than usual
A good training session of "Hunt the Fairy" was always amusing, but this time she actually got more than she bargained for, one of the fairies put up so much of a fight she had to withdraw. She was thrilled that there are even fairies that could put up a fight, apparently.

She twirled her light staff in her hand. It's what she used to demotivate fairies, a simple device that would shine a bright light when she pressed a button. For some reason she had to shake it to make it work though. She found herself lost in though for a moment. She always thought it housed the power of the sun in it, but in her battle with the Ice Fairy she could sense it actually was the power of lightning cursing through it.

She thought about this for a moment as her surroundings suddenly grew dark. The witch looked up, just in time to see that the sun was blocked out by a large square.

"Gotcha now, THIEF! ~Sincerely, Hakurei Reimu"

Those words shone in Marisa's mind as the charm hit her, wrapped itself around her, captured her, and send the message written on it, into her. Marisa had no clue what was going on.

"There you go Reimu, size does matter!" Suika snickered.

"Silence twerp, it's time to solve this incident!" Reimu was plenty steamed by now.

"But she's only the first boss!" Suika scratched her head.

"MmmmMMM! MM MM MMM!" The victimized witch was plenty steamed by now as well.

"Ah, the trapped thief wishes to say something."

Reimu opened the charm, and was greeted by blinding light as Marisa fired her Master Spark at the shrine maiden.
Sadly it was her flashlight Master Spark. Reimu was unamused. Marisa was unamused. Suika was getting drunk.

"Where is my donation box, Marisa, I am sure you stole it!" The red-white glared at the black-white.

"Why would I borrow your donation box, Reimu, that thing is more empty that the Void of that tree fellow?" The black-white glared back at the red-white.

"You don't have it either?" Reimu slumped over, discouraged.

Marisa tilted her head in surprise.

"What's the matter with you, Reimu? It's just a wooden box? We can have a new one build within minutes!"

"No, this donation box is part of the shrine, almost as important as the treasure of the shrine!" Reimu got a fire in her eyes again, just thinking about it got her mad.

"Oh you mean the Yin Yang Orb, right?" Marisa remembered the orb from the many adventures they were on.

"Nah, I think she means this little thingie~" Suika grinned as Reimu felt something poke her in the back of the head...Suika was using the Kappa's Arm to do just that.

"Gah! Give that back, that is priceless!" Reimu charged at Suika who flew off, the oni giggling as she ran off, continuing to prod Reimu on occasion, leaving a very confused Marisa behind.

"So there is a donation box missing, and she wants it back. I guess - " Marisa pulls a fedora from her apron and puts it on, putting her witch hat into the apron, then transforming said apron into a slick suit, " - this is a case for Ace Sleuth Kirisame."

For some reason it suddenly started raining.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I have no freaking clue what I had planned for this story, besides it supposed to being some sort of light hearted counter to Mad Magic...

However, I don't care, this is gonna be some sleuthing action now! Who dun it folks, who dun it?! Everybody from Shingyouku to Kasen Ibara is game. =p
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?