Author Topic: Titanic Ancients in Sealed Eden  (Read 7192 times)

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
Titanic Ancients in Sealed Eden
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:44:59 PM »
Prologue

It is said that somewhere in Hakugyokurou, there is a door that must never be openned. Why such a door is there in the first place, no one really knows. Yukari probably forgot to move it or something.

Despite her 1000 some years of residence in Hakugyokurou, Yuyuko never really explored all of Hakugyokurou. There was this one hallway she never wandered down, mainly because she never got around to it, what with everything that has been happening.

"Well, I guess I could explore this place a bit more. Youmu is still cooking, so I guess I should kill some time." Yuyuko chuckled at what she just said. Kill some time, what a riot.

After exploring a good part of the hallway, Yuyuko found a number of objects, including where she left the sparrow baster. Another find was an unusual sword, western made, probably. It wasn't a katana, and the blade seemed to be dulled from time. Yuyuko also found a bow and arrow set. Odd, considering that there were no archers in the netherworld. The smell of delicious food wafted down the hallways, reaching Yuyuko's nose. Yuyuko began drifting over to the kitchen when something unusual caught her eye.

It was a that was different from all the other doors. For starters, it had hinges, so it wasn't a sliding door. The door was much bigger than normal ones, much like one that would be in a mansion of sorts. It was made of solid metal, so it would considerably heavier, thus harder to open. The door's biggest feature, however, was the array of chains and padlocks, covered by a paper sign that said "do not open".

Such an out-of-place door was enough to actually distract Yuyuko from the smell of the food. Yuyuko placed her hand on the great door. This shouldn't be too hard to open Yuyuko thought to herself. Energy gathered in Yuyuko's hands as she gripped the padlock.

Youmu rushed to the source of the explosion. Of all times for someone to be attacking. Her foot kicked something hard and heavy. Looking down at it, Youmu recognized it to be part of a chain. Winds started to blow inside the hallways, pulling Myon towards the source. Holding onto Myon, Youmu rushed to the source.

A massive doorway was openned, as air rushed inside it.  Youmu clutched her Myon tightly as she was slowly being sucked into the doorway. Looking up, she saw Yuyuko, or what was left of her, being sucked into the doorway. With one desperate glance at Youmu, Yuyuko dissappeared beyond the doorway.

"Lady Yuyuko!" Youmu went cold as she could no longer fell Yuyuko's presence.

Youmu suddenly lost her footing when a sword, sheathed of course, knocked her feet from the back. Youmu gripped to the metal door with all her might, but then the Myon started to slip away. Not only that, but her fingers were also beginning to slip.

Youmu gritted her teeth as she tried to pull herself away from the door, but the Myon was still slipping away. She was only gripping its tail now.

Her thoughts raced as she tried to figure out how to get out of this mess and how to save Yuyuko. She didn't have much time to think about that as the Myon slipped from her hands.

Images began flashing before her eyes. Memories flooded to Youmu, letting her  remember all the people she had met.

slip...

Everything went white as she lost her grip and flew inside.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Re: Titanic Ancients in Sealed Eden
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:35:09 PM »
Vurry naas.

Please continue.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 11:40:48 PM »
Ch 1

Youmu woke to the gentle sound of the birds. Gripping the grass, she pulled herself up and rubbed her eyes. Her head was spinning and her body ached all over. Holding her head, she looked around the area.

The sun shone down through the trees in patches of light. The trees themselves rose modestly from the ground, considering how high trees normally grow. From the looks of things so far, it was a forest. A dirt path ran through, one way led deeper in while the other way led to stone ruins.

"Where in the world..." Youmu stood up and continued looking around. Looking around, she saw a sword lying in the grass. It looked like the one that hit her feet when everything was getting sucked in. A little further off was a bow and a small number of arrows scattered about. A bit odd, since no one in the netherworld used a bow.

What was most eye catching was the white horse the was standing by the dirt path. It seemed rather familiar though. However, that wasn;t very pressing as there was someone nearby the horse that was certainly familiar.

"Lady Yuyuko!" Youmu rushed to the side of her lady. Yuyuko laid motionless, the calm breeze slightly disturbing her hair. Yuyuko''s body seemed to be real, as in human real. What most concerned Youmu was that she could not sense spiritual energy from Yuyuko. In fact, she couldn't feel and spiritual energy from anywhere, save a faint feeling from herself and her Myo--

There was a noticable lack of Myon in the area. Looking around, Youmu couldn't find her incorporeal companion. She could feel the myon coming from somewhere by the dirt path. Her eyes turned to the white horse...

"Myon?" The white horse looked up at Youmu and walked towards her. As it turns out, the horse was her Myon, given a mortal form.

Sitting back down, Youmu thought about what to do. Her instinct told her to take the stuff that came and look for a way out of here. Another feeling came from the path to the ruins... almost as if the way out was there. She tore part of her skirt and hung the sword and the bow and arrows from her back. Placing Yuyuko's limp body onto Myon, she began to walk down the dirt path...

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 06:23:21 AM »
Myare? Myorse? Hyon?

Hehe. Don't stop now, you're just getting started.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 03:49:11 AM »
Ch 2

The journey through the forest ruins was a lonely one, considering that Myon and Yuyuko weren't much for conversation. The treetops seemes to grow taller and thicker, casting their dark shadows on the ground below. The ruins themselves seemed to become a more and more dominant feature of the area.

Spotting a stream, Youmu and Myon took a short break to drink. The cool water was a refreshing and welcome feeling to Youmu. Being part human, Youmu was still susceptible to such things as hunger. Speaking of which, Youmu's stomach growled sadly. Myon, on the other hand, was content munching on grass. Looking up towards the trees, Youmu spotted an unusual fruit. Better this than nothing, I guess thought Youmu.

Roukanken drawn, Youmu focused intently on the tree. With one deft motion, she slashed at the trunk, felling it. Her body ached once more as the sword seemed to grow heavy in her hands. It took a lot of effort to chop down something that is normally easy to deal with. Whatever this place was, it was not a good place to be.

Youmu picked up the fruit and examined it. It looked like some sort of fusion between an apple and an orange. She bit into the fruit, unsure of what the taste would be. The light sweetness made her tongue tingle with delight. Yuyuko-sama would enjoy this greatly.

Yuyuko-sama...

Looking back at myon, Youmu noticed something interesting in the corner of her eye. It was a large crack in a stone cliff. With the ruins around it, it seemed more like a gateway of sorts. Light poured out of it, as though salvation was just beyond. Youmu and Myon tentativly walked through the crack.

What laid beyond was something Youmu didn't really expect. Before her lay an enormous stone bridge. Down below streched a vst plain of sand, giving way to rolling hills of grass. Off in the distance, a huge stone structure rose to the sky as if it were a beacon for the lost.

Youmu's gut instinct kicked in, telling her to go there.

------

Maribel Han waited patiently by the door, eager for something to come. At any moment now, the doorbell would ring, signaling the arrival of something precious to her.

The moment the doorbell rang, Maribel threw open the door. It was Renko Usami, lifelong friend of Maribel.

"Oh, hi Renko" Maribel sat back down glumly on the steps near the door.

"Eh? What's the mat-- oh, right. 'That' is supposed to come in today." Renko sat down with Maribel. "I still don't understand what your fascination with those things is anyways."

The doorbell rang again, propting Maribel to jump up and open the door.

"Package for a Ms. Han." A man with a large box stood in the doorway

"That's me!" Maribel quickly signed the clipboard, took the box and slammed the door behind her. "They're here! The're finally here!"

You see, Maribel is an avid collector of figurines. Her latest aquisition was a bunch of figurines from a series called Touhou. What made these special is that they were made by a famous artist who went by the name Slaves. These figurines even had the approval of Zun himself, so these were pretty rare.

"Hey," Renko started, "those look like the people we met in Gensokyo!"

"Uh huh! I was suprised when I saw this for sale over the internet." Maribel went to work placing the figurines along the shelves in her room. Seeing as how there was nothing to do, Renko decided to help out.

------

After crossing that god-awful long bridge and a spiraling ramp, Youmu and Myon entered an enormous hallway. Along the walls stood giant statues made of stone, each one different from the last. Youmu walked past the sentinels of stone and stood in a large circle of light, which came down from a large hole in the ceiling.

Up a wide set of stairs was a large pedistal. Not wanting to burden Myon any longer, Youmu to Yuyuko's body and walked up the steps. As she laid her master's body on the pedistal, something began to awaken.

Dark figures began to rise from the ground. Spooked, Myon ran up the steps to Youmu. Sensing danger, Youmu instinctivly drew Roukanken, or at least she thought it was, judging from the feel ofg the hilt. The sword from the forest shone magnificently at the dark figures, dispersing them. The air became heavy as a voice boomed from the heavens.

"Thou hast the blessed sword? Curious, thou art mortal, yet detatched from the world of life."

"Wh-who are you?" Youmu asked to the voice in the heavens.

"We are Dormin, the one that dwells in the border of life and death, darkness and light..."

"Wait..." Youmu knew from the word border that it had to be Yukari. "Yukari-san, is that you?"

"Ah..." The voice continued, "so you know of the god of the boundaries? Thou is becoming more curious..."

"Well, if you are really a being that live on the boundary of life and death, maybe you can help Yuyuko-sama!"

"This maiden? She is dead, her soul gone to the world beyond."

"I know she's dead, but she isn't moving! She's no longer a ghost!"

"When the spirit has left the body, it must go to the world beyond. Should a ghost venture into this world, they are returned to that world beyond."

"Please! There must be some way!"

"Your loyalty to your master is appaudable. However, is it not the way of the world that when one has died, they cannot go back to mortality?" Youmu fell to her knees. Her promise protect Yuyuko seemed like it would have to be broken as the chances of saving her closed.

"However, there is a way to restore your master's soul." Youmu looked up, having been shown the silver lining in the cloud.

"Tell me, how?"

"Along these walls are stone idols to the gods of this world. You must remove these idols. However, there is no means to destroy them directly."

Youmu recalled how much effort it took to cut down a tree. The effort needed to cut a stone statue might kill her.

"Then, how do I destroy them?"

"Withing these lands exist the living incarnations of these idols. Fell these beasts, and the idols shall fall too."

"How do I find these things?" Youmu asked, a fire rekindled in her heart.

"Thou must raise the blessed sword, and go to where the light becomes strongest. Now, raise thy blade to the light!"

Youmu raised the sword in her hand to the light, looking towards a cliff, where the light became strongest...

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 03:27:25 AM »
(short, I know. But all things will come around in due time)

Ch 3.

North of the shrine was the cliff that the light had shown to Youmu as the place where she had to go. The distance was great, the cliff seemed like but a step in a flight of stairs. Youmu looked at her mistress's motionless face. Her resolve steeled, she began walking towards the cliff-face. As she walked down the stone steps of the shrine, she heard music. An instrument was being played, but who else was here in this desolate land.

Not far from her was a lonely tree. A girl dressing red and white clothes was leaning against the tree, playing an Erhu. She was singing something....

The vassal and her lady, flung to a land so strange.
The beasts here could be of gods derange
in a land once thought to be
inhabited only by me.

The gods have a hatched scheme
So that the one's soul may be redeemed
The key to salvation lays in friends
But how many must, for salvation, meet their ends?

The song ended abruptly as the girl vanished before Youmu's eyes. She could tell that the girl was singing about her, but what did she mean about "salvation lays in friends"? Her eyes turned back towards the cliff-face as she hear a low roar.

"Guess I'll find out soon enough..."

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 03:33:06 AM »
Whoa! Been a while.

* Esuprisefex waits warmly.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »
shadow of the colossus + touhou?

why.

WHY did nobody think of this before?

Vicks

• Hurr Durr
  • WRYYYY
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 12:52:13 PM »

The vassal and her lady, flung to a land so strange.
The beasts here could be of gods derange
in a land once thought to be
inhabited only by me.

The gods have a hatched scheme
So that the one's soul may be redeemed
The key to salvation lays in friends
But how many must, for salvation, meet their ends?

Oh noes. I think I know what's gonna happen...

Clue: Last two lines of the song.
I am a thinker. I cast light on various concepts. I can unveil the world's dark secrets if I so please. And yet, there is a single enigma that even I cannot clarify.  - Renko Usami

I am a dreamer. I wander through countless dreams. If I will, I can even walk the roads of the land of illusion. And yet, there is a single vision that even I cannot grasp. - Maribel Han

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 02:51:05 AM »
Ch 4.

Youmu and myon stood at the base of the cliff. Damn, it was a long ways up, but if Youmu was going to save Lady Yuyuko, then it had to be done. But... how do you climb a cliff, a geological feature conviniently NOT located anywhere in Gensokyo, a place where almost everyone can fly?

Youmu sat down, thinking carefully. This was a place where the laws of nature are governed by different rules, so how does one get up the cliff. Thinking back on the training she recieved climbing up the giant stairway in the netherworld. The answer was clear in her head, the first step. grasping the face of the cliff with one hand, Youmu began pulling herself upwards. One hand over the other, she climbed up and up towards her goal.

Youmu pulled herself up onto a flat surface, giving her time to rest. Laying on her back, she looked towards the sky. It had gotten kinda cloudy, the light of the afternoon sun coloring the sky with a very light shade of orange. Time was passing by as Youmu caught her breath. She wondered how life was going on back in Gensokyo was going...

----------------------------------------------

The corridors of Hakugyokurou were silent. The spirits of the dead floated around lazily as if nothing had happened. In fact, some of them were floating lazily out of the netherworld. It wouldn't take long before people took notice of the stray ghosts. While Komachi did her part in trying to return the souls, the realm of the dead technically still in her domain, there were still some roaming around, spooking some of the people in the Human village.

"Hey Reimu?" Marisa asked, waving away a stray spirit.

"Yeah?" Reimu sipped her tea calmly.

"Think something happened in Hakugyokurou?"

"Probably" She sipped her tea again, spirits sticking to her clothes.

"Think we should go investigate?"

"Yeah, but not now" Ah, the sleepy days of summer...

---------------------------------------------

Youmu sat back up, feeling as ready as she was going to be. The top of the cliff was a short distance away. Whatever this living idol was, it was time for it to fall. Youmu grabbed the ledge and flung herself up, looking around to see an empty plateau. Just then, she heard a low roar. The earth shook slightly, the shaking getting more intense with each dull thud of stone hitting the ground. Just then, it appeared.

This is it...

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 05:53:43 AM »
Ch 4.

The lumbering figure of the beast appeared beyond the the rocks. A massive being of flesh and stone, it shook the earth with each step it took. The stone was neither embedded into the be beast, nor did it look like it was wearing it. It's face was a near emotionless mask, ornate in design, its eyes burned a calm blue. In it's hand, a massive hammer. Around it's neck hung a pendant of an unusual design.

It's size was indeed daunting, but she would not fear. Youmu gripped the hilt of her sword and started running towards the beast, still walking about and not noticing her, or so Youmu had thought. The giant turned towards Youmu, it's blue eyes flaring into a violent orange color. The beast lifted the hammer high into the air and roared, bringing it down to the earth with a violent crash. Youmu had rolled out the way just in time, but the force of the hammer smashing down on the ground was enough to throw her off her feet.

This thing is huge... how am I going to take it down??

Youmu quickly examined the beast, trying to find a weakness, dodging again as the monstorosity tried to stomp on her. Looking up at the monster's head, she noticed the beast only had a mask on it's head, not a helmet.

Of course! The way to stop the serpent it to cut off it's head!

Youmu saw the hair that grew on the giant, which dangle down far enough to grab, if only for a second when it attacked again. She tensed up, waiting as the monster smashed the hammer into the ground again. Dodging just in time, Youmu grabbed a hold of a tuft of the monster's hair on it's forearm and held on tight as the monster pulled back.

The monster looked at Youmu with blazing orange eyes and shook it's arm, trying to throw Youmu off. Youmu held on for dear life as the monster shook about wildly. Finding an opportunity, she began climbing up the great stone monster. The monster roared as it tried to shake off the tiny attacker. The monster whipped it's head back desperatly as Youmu made her way to the top of its head.

Drawing Roukanen, she cried out, stabbing straight into the beast's head. Black miasma spewed out of the wound as the beast roared in pain. It whipped its head back once more, this time sending Youmu flying. Her hands flailed about in the air wildly, franitcally trying to grab hold of something and not hit the ground really hard. Managing to grab hold of a stone structure jutting out of the beast, Youmu tried to pull herself onto to more solid surface of the stone as the beast shook and squirmed it's back, trying to throw its assailant off.

With its free hand, the beast twisted around, trying to swat Youmu off it's back. Drawing Roukanken, she slashed at the monster's hand, letting loose more of the dark miasma as the beast roared once more, dropping it's hammer and clutching it's wounded appendage. Seizing this chance, Youmu scrambled her way up the beast and, raising Roukanken high, she stabbed the monster's head once more.

The monster let out a final roar, which gave way to a woeful cry as it collapsed. Youmu kept her grip as the great beast fell, its eyes dark with lifelessness. Seeing the beast had become motionless on the ground, she released her grip on its hair, her clothes stained black by the monster's blood, or whatever it was.

That was a bit too close... but now I'm one step closer to saving Lady Yuyuko. I should start heading back now...

Cleaning Roukanken, she began walking back to towards the cliffedge when she felt a sharp pain in her chest.

Everything went dark slowly as her conciousness slipped away...

-------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in Gensokyo, at the moment the beast was slain, a girl collapsed.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »
Ch 5

Eirin was taking care of a girl who had collapsed in the bamboo forest. It was fortunate that Reisen had spotted her and brought her in for care, but rumors had begn spearding like wildfire, some of them being about shady drugs being used, or some sort of soul eating Youkai roaming the forest.

Eirin was temporarily interupted by the arrival of Reisen the moon rabbit.

"How is she doing?" Reisen asked, her voice heavy with concern

"her vital signs are doing ok, but something seems off. According to the results, she appears to be in a deep sleep?"

"You mean... a coma?"

"Not exactly. More like a state of hibernation. When she wakes up, she'll be very hungry. other than that, she'll be perfectly fine. Still, I'm going to have to watch her to see if anything new develops."

Reisen walked away to let Eirin continue her work. She gazed up at the waxing moon.

Damn it, Tewi...

-----------------------------------------------

The crumbling of stone brought about the conciousness of the white haired girl. Youmu got up from the cold, stone floor.

Night had come, and the dim light of a single torch lighted the area around her. From the light, she could tell her clothes were still stained with the blood of the monster she had slain.

A young girl, dressed in red and white clothes, was petting a resting myon.

Wasn't that the girl from before?

The girl turned around and smiled. "I'm glad to see that you are up. You know, you are actually pretty light."

"H-huh? What are you talking about?"

"I thought it was going to be hard to get you down from that cliff, but you turned out to be much lighter than I thought."

"I thank you for helping me, but who in the world are you?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Where are my manners. I'm Rin Satsuki, medic and musician with a lot of time to spare." The girl called Rin stood up "Well, I would love to chat, but I must be off."

"Wait, off?? Isn't it kinda rude just leave abruptly?"

Rin thinks for a second. "I don't know. It's been to long since I've talked with anyone." The girl jumped up to the top of one of the stone idols. "Before I go, I leave this with you." She pulled out her erhu and once again played a tune, all the while singing...

She has gained a victory, This youth of half life
She has defeated the odds and passed her first strife
One colossus slain, but how many are to fall
to the youth who, for her master, gives her all

Her skill with sword unmatched
And foe before her is rendered dispatched.
But without any magic shows or performances
She cannot deal with beasts of great distances

Soon, she'll find the playful child
Whose senses are still keen
Take care to not get her riled
Or her master shall be seen

Take care to not make it cry
Your quest may not progress anymore
Take care to not let it cry
Or you shall hear the guardian's roar

The music stopped once again as Rin vanished into thin air once more.

What a weird person...

Youmu decided to just lay down on the floor of the shrine and sleep, resting her head against Myon. The next beast shall fall by tommorows end...

------------------------------------------------

Renko openned the door to a very dark apartment. Something was not right, for there was the sounds of crying in Maribel's room. Rushing over, Renko found Maribel crying on a bed.

"Wh-what happened? Did you see something again?" Renko asked with concern.

You see, Maribel had the power to view supernatural things, some of those things being particularly frightening. Chances are she had seen some sort of monster.

"Th-the *hic* child... she...she's broken..."

Renko pulled Maribel into her arms, trying to calm her down. As she looked up from her roommate, she saw one of the Figurines that she got the other day was broken. The poor girl did a mental facepalm.

You really need to take better care of your things...

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 09:29:03 PM »
Ch 6

(kinda short methinks, but eh)

The morning had come, bringing about the conciousness of Youmu once again. The sun was barely coming over the mountain ranges, shining into the Shrine. She shielded her eyes from the light as she stood up again.

The air grew heavy once more as the Dormin's voice echoed throughout the room

"Thou hath done well to slay the first of the colossi. However, thou may find it to be harder from now on..."

I figured as much.

"Thy next foe.... A child frolics in the hallowed grounds. Playful yet destructive. Be wary of the one watching from beyond."

The voice died away as Youmu thought...

Hallowed Grounds... given the nature of this place, that could be anywhere. That's right! That sword could lead the way...

She rose the blade to the sun and followed the point of light to the next colossus...

---------------------------------------------------------

The journey was much longer than last time, taking Youmu into a forest. She sat down by a tree, resting for a bit as she looked up at the trees around her. The calming breeze rustled the leaves and Youmu took off her shoes, rubbing her feet and wondering just how much further the colossus was.

"There has to be a faster way of travelling... It'll be very tiring if every mosnter is so far away..." Youmu sighed, her stomach also voicing an opinion. Youmu frowned, recalling that she hasn't seen anything to eat in a while, and to eat Myon would be a bit cruel and possibly canniblistic.

Just then, she spotted a rabbit, nibbling on some herbs. All that went through her mind was FOOD. Drawing Roukanken, she crept up on the rabbit silently...

Youmu was flat on her face, her jumping stab at the rabbit not successful. It was laughing at her, she just knew it, the rabbit taunting her with it's suculent flesh....

She pursued the rabbit, falling flat on her face several times. Eventually, the rabbit made it's way into a hole that poor, hungry Youmu couldn't fit in. She rested against a stone wall, spotting berries. She nibbled at the berries when she realized she was next to a stone building rising out of the Forest floor.

Huh... Guess this is it She swallowed another mouthful of berries and walked in...