Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 12)  (Read 32828 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Reimu Quest (Part 12)
« on: June 19, 2014, 02:30:19 AM »

> Your name is Hakurei Reimu.

> You are one of the most notorious members of Gensokyo thanks to your status as the last Hakurei Shrine maiden and primary incident solver.  You are admired, hated, and loved all at once, and to be honest that can be kind of overwhelming and stressful for you sometimes.  You?re around people frequently but it can be very draining on you.  Sometimes you just want to be alone.  Although moments of silence are rare, you are comforted in the knowledge that when you let down your guard, no one will be able to take advantage of that.  Your status as the last Hakurei shrine maiden has made you untouchable.  This is because your life is intrinsically linked with the Great Barrier that surrounds Gensokyo.  If you die, then the entirety of Gensokyo will go down with you.  This fact is even more important because, as of right now, you don't have a successor.

> Lately, you haven?t been able to be as active in incident-solving as you used to be, but that?s to be expected.  Gensokyo's population has grown within the past few years, and incidents come and go--some even solved by youkai.  Although you still hold some resentment towards youkai, you?ve gotten closer to them and have even found love and friendship in their company.  It?s a bit complicated.  There will always be tension between youkai and humans, and although--or maybe because--you've got friends on both sides, you're in an awkward situation.

> You are a tea enthusiast and are fond of animals, although you?d rather not go through the hassle of keeping any pets.  You?re also quite thrifty and have taken advantage of the hot springs behind your house to earn your keep when you are not solving incidents, because let?s face it; a shrine is a difficult thing to take care of.  You?re one busy girl, but you?re not alone.  You share a room with Ibuki Suika, who you took in many years ago.  Also on the shrine grounds are the Three Faeries of Light, who you?ve recently won over and convinced to help out with shrine work.  Until the likes of them showed up, you've been alone for as long as you can remember.

--

> It is currently the summer of 128.  After spending an evening at home, you awoke the next morning to find that Gensokyo has been flooded and the Boundary has been damaged.  In the pond of your shrine, you have found a glowing bronze shard.  On top of solving all of this, you have also been trying to find out if something is wrong with your memory.
> You have flown to Kourindou and then to the Human Village to find that the humans have taken refuge on the Palaquin.  You have gone Underground to check on Satori, and found that water from the surface has leaked Underground.  You obtained a second shard from Koishi.
> You have then flown to Youkai Mountain to confront Kanako, only to find that she has disappeared due to a sudden drop in faith.  You also learn from Suwako that Sanae has been in a deep sleep.  You have found a dolphin, who is now named Mako.  You have since been able to bring Mako, Kasen, and Sanae to the Palace.  While there, you discovered Kasen unconscious in the same room as Sanae and emitting the bronze glow.
> You have stopped by Myouren to inform Mokou of various places to dock.  You have gone to the Forest of Magic, where you beat up a monster in Alice?s home and got another shard.  You found Kazami Yuuka causing trouble, and defeated her in a danmaku duel.  You?ve also reunited with Marisa and got another shard.  Finally, you and Meiling have plugged up the emergency exit of the nuclear reactor on the surface.
> You sought information from the occupants of the Palace about lucid dreams.  You then went to sleep and found yourself in the Dream World.  After much exploring, you found Sanae and Kikuri.  You revisited a shrine you had found in your previous dream, and found younger versions of Kasen and Konngara.  You have exorcised a room in the shrine and woke up Sanae.  After waking up, you?ve found that Sanae has gone missing, leaving a bloodied shard in her place.  You have since brought her back.
> After you settled that, you returned Underground to seek out Konngara.  She recognized the shards as previously belonging to Kikuri.  You went to her [Konngara?s] shrine in search of her [Kikuri].  Afterwards, you brought Koishi to the Scarlet Devil Mansion for a playdate with Flandre.
> You talked to Tojiko, who informed you of a place called Crater Lake.  You have visited Mayohiga in search of the Yakumos.  You have spoken to Suwako and Sanae, and recruited them to talk to Kikuri with you.
> Ran has provided you with a lot of information regarding the incident.  Afterwards, you went to Crater Lake and found a shard there.
> You have gone to Eientei and spoken with Eirin.  You have then talked to Reisen about Kikuri.  You have recruited Eirin and Reisen to talk to Kikuri with you.  You have then gone to the Moriya Shrine, where you ran into Rika.  You have accepted Rika?s request to find her friend Meira.
> You have met Layla Prismriver.  She knows nothing about the incident but has provided you with information about a woman who she saw passing through the east woods a few decades ago.  She pointed you in the right direction, and you went on ahead by yourself towards the Border.  However, exhaustion finally caught up to you, forcing you to turn back and go home.
> You have gone to sleep and re-entered Sanae?s dream world.  There, you found a tunnel leading to what looked like space.  You then encountered the younger version of Konngara.  She told you about a woman named Hakurei Tamiko.  However, she and her shrine have mysteriously vanished a few years ago in the dream world. 
> You and Nazrin have gone to look for the final shard, only to find that it is in the gap currently being created.  You have asked Nazrin to talk to Byakuren and/or Shou about coming to talk to Kikuri with you.  You then reunited Meira and Rika.
> After returning to the shrine, you interrogated Ran and Konngara about Hakurei Tamiko.  You finally visited the edge of the Boundary.  Finally, you and Ran went through the gap she constructed.
> Yukari has taken away your memories, and that the tear in the Boundary has been caused by Sanae?s dream world colliding with your universe.  This has misaligned Gensokyo from its proper timeline, and sent it thousands of years into the future, when the world is ending.  The Boundary is slowly deteriorating.
> Yukari told you about Tamiko?s past.  She told you that Tamiko left you with another predecessor, and then died after accumulating all her energy into the Yin Yang Orb and releasing it at once to fix the Boundary.  You then demanded she give back your memories.  The shock of nine years? worth of memories being returned to you, combined with your frustration with Yukari, led to you lashing out at her.
> Yukari, perhaps sensing your intentions on following Tamiko?s steps, confiscated the Yin Yang Orb, all your shards, disabled your hammerspace inventory, and dropped you back at the shrine.
> You and Sanae went to the Dream World, and then to the tunnel leading out to the void.  There were two spheres out there: the Dream World and Gensokyo.  After pushing Sanae to the point of a nervous breakdown, she went off to be by herself.  You then saw a mysterious mural.
> You returned to the road outside the tunnel, conjured up a crow with your imagination.  Then, continuing to use your imagination, you opened up a gap.  You have found Yukari, who is using the bronze shards you collected to drain the water from Gensokyo.  Yukari has also gotten her hands on Sanae, and has since used her to separate the Dream World and Gensokyo.
> After waking up, you returned to the SDM.  You had some tea, and started researching the Boundary.  After doing some reading, you have gathered a list of materials and started recruiting people to help you, with the SDM as the base of operations.  You have recruited most of the SDM, Alice, Miko and her group, the members of the Myouren Temple, Eirin and kaguya, Suwako and some youkai from the mountain, some people from the Underground, the Yakumos, and others.  You are all working to restore the Boundary.
> In the Dream World, you and Sanae found Sariel, whose purpose and intentions are unknown.  After much effort, you have left her with the Dream World version of Kikuri.
> You are currently at the Scarlet Devil Mansion, talking with Sakuya after waking up.

INVENTORY

> Modern shrine maiden robes [EQUIPPED]
   > Pretty much a highly stylized schoolgirl uniform.  Complete with cute little shoes, ankle socks, and hair decs.
> Detached sleeves
   > Part of your uniform.  They used to have a functioning hammerspace, until Yukari deactivated them.
> Gohei
   > Marisa jokes that it's like a magic wand, but you refuse to be associated with Gensokyo's magician population.
> Spellcards
   > Dream Sign "Evil Sealing Circle" (4 hits)
      > Used to overwhelm adversaries with ofuda.  +5 damage
   > Divine Spirit "Fantasy Seal" (4 hits)
      > Used to close in on adversaries with ofuda.  +5 damage
   > Holy Relic "Yin-Yang Demon God Orb" (3 hits)
      > Smite thy enemies with a giant orb.  Surprisingly light lifting.  +6 damage
   > Divine Arts "Omnidirectional Demon-Binding Circle" (5 hits)
      > Used to paralyze adveraries.  +7 damage
      > May also be used outside of battle to temporarily stun adversaries.
   *> Untitled "Flying Mysterious Shrine Maiden" (1 hit)
      > Powerful card that can only be used when you are close to unconsciousness or death.  +10 damage
   *> "Fantasy Nature" (1 hit)
      > Powerful card that can only be used when close to death.  +10 damage
> Ofuda x7
   > Multipurpose magic cards you keep for non-danmaku usage
> 1235μ
   > It's always a good idea to keep a some money on you.
> Water Charm
   > Given to you by Suwako.  Helps you breathe underwater.
> ☼300
     > Underground currency, left in your donation box by an unknown sender.

QUESTS

> Waterproof, foolproof
     > Paper isn't waterproof.  By extension, neither are spellcards.  You'd like to find some way to remedy this.

> "Have you found Jesus?"
   > Several important folks around Gensokyo are missing or out of commission. Find out what's what.
      > Yukari: Gone, last seen during the slumber party at the Hakurei Shrine.
      > Kanako: Went poof due to faith reasons.
      > Sanae: Awake from her coma after a lot of frustration and lucid dreaming.  You managed to find her and bring her back home.

> "Yukari kick a hole in the sky"
  > The sky is cracking and there's orbs of water floating about. The tears in the Border are a bit freaky, so we might want to prepare for something.

> "Insert witty name here involving bronze and shells and stuff"
  > Mysterious bronze fragments that impart the Glow are scattered across Gensokyo. Gather them and see what's what. All pieces currently collected.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 12)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:52:41 AM »
>So what did we see out the window?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:57:01 AM »
>So what did we see out the window?

> The only window besides the greenhouse, which is basically made of windows, is the big one at the top of the stairs.  You can only see the tops of the trees and the sky from here.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:58:20 AM »
>"Is there any breakfast left?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 03:02:20 AM »
>"Is there any breakfast left?"

> "Yes, if you don't mind eating with the maids," says Sakuya.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:15:13 AM »
>"Sure, no problem."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 03:23:40 AM »
>"Sure, no problem."

> "Alright."  Sakuya beckons to two faerie maids nearby.  "Would you two show her to the kitchen?"
> "Yeeees," they say in unison.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 03:32:54 AM »
>Follow dem maids.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 03:41:14 AM »
>Follow dem maids.

> You follow the faerie maids, who lead you out of the ballroom and down the hall.  They talk amongst themselves the entire way, paying you no mind at all as they take their time flying to the kitchen.  The closer you get, the more faeries you see in the halls.  When you finally reach the kitchen's front doors, you smell the sweet scent of brown sugar and maple.
> Inside the kitchen is more faeries than you know what to do with.  Almost all of the SDM's faerie population has to be gathered here.  Large tables used for cooking during the day are covered with bowls and silverware and surrounded by stools.  A vat, the source of the sweet smell, bubbles on the stove.  A quick glance at the bowls' contents reveal that the faerie maids are eating oatmeal.
> Towering among the faeries is Meiling, who has intruded upon the crowd to have breakfast as well.  She has gone through the trouble to make herself bacon and eggs with fresh fruit, and scarfs it down.  All faerie maids who attempt to steal from her plate are met with a swift slap on the wrist.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 03:43:13 AM »
>Let's grab some oats meal and have a seat near Meiling.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 03:47:56 AM »
>Let's grab some oats meal and have a seat near Meiling.

> You slog your way through the crowd of faeries, swipe a bowl of oatmeal, and wrestle your way over to Meiling.  There's hardly any room for you, so you end up squeezed between her and another faerie maid.
> "Hey, red-white!" Meiling says between mouthfuls of food.  "Thanks for gettin' between me an' that maid.  She had an eye on my blueberries."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 04:04:37 AM »
>Give the made a look, jerk a thumb back, and say: "Screw."
>Chuckle. "But now you have me eyeing them instead."
>"Anything happen last night?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 04:09:12 AM »
>Give the made a look, jerk a thumb back, and say: "Screw."
>Chuckle. "But now you have me eyeing them instead."
>"Anything happen last night?"

> The faerie maid looks offended!
> "Ehehehe."  Meiling chuckles.  "With the whole gathering thing?  I'm not sure.  In all the excitement going on yesterday everyone forgot about the little sister, so I stayed inside and kept her company."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 04:32:32 AM »
>"How'd she deal with the whole thing?"
>Shovel dat oatmeal. It can't be too bad if faeries like it.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »
>"How'd she deal with the whole thing?"
>Shovel dat oatmeal. It can't be too bad if faeries like it.

> You start eating.  This oatmeal is pretty good!
> As you eat, you as Meiling about Flandre.  She says, "She wanted to go outside and see what was going on, but I talked her out of it by taking her to one of the windows to watch instead.  I dunno how her powers would factor into what you guys are planning out there."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »
>"Yeah, it's not that I don't think her heart wouldn't be in the right place, but rather I'm not sure if she has the fine control we'd want."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »
>"Yeah, it's not that I don't think her heart wouldn't be in the right place, but rather I'm not sure if she has the fine control we'd want."

> "You got that right," says Meiling, and continues shoveling food into her mouth.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 06:08:49 PM »
>"Hopefully there was no trouble this morning?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »
>"Hopefully there was no trouble this morning?"

> "Mm-mm.  She's asleep right now," Meiling says, before continuing to eat.  There isn't much food left on her plate now, much to the dismay of the nearby faerie maids.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »
>"Anything else happen this morning?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
>"Anything else happen this morning?"

> "Not really," Meiling says, and reaches for a glass of orange juice you didn't notice between all the other bowls on the table.  "All those people staying at the mansion last night have moved on out already.  Did you oversleep or something?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 08:51:32 PM »
>"Effectively."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 08:59:05 PM »
>"Effectively."

> "Ahh.  You're involved in the whole Boundary-fixing thing, aren't you?  You know where to go?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »
>"Not precisely. I was going to check with the central planning after this."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 09:18:34 PM »
>"Not precisely. I was going to check with the central planning after this."

> "I won't be any help, then," Meiling says.  "I was too busy with Flan to get involved in all this, honestly."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 09:28:41 PM »
>"It's understandable. Someone has to keep things peaceful."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 09:33:59 PM »
>"It's understandable. Someone has to keep things peaceful."

> "As peaceful as things can get with these guys running around," Meiling jokes, looking around at the faerie maids.  She gets off her stool and takes her plate and cup to the sink.  "Good luck, yeah?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:57 PM »
>"Hope you have day that isn't too eventful."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 10:03:59 PM »
>"Hope you have day that isn't too eventful."

> "I'll make sure to do just that," Meiling says with a wide grin as she puts puts her dishes in the sink and turns on the faucet.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 10:16:20 PM »
>Polish off that Oatmeal, and then follow in Meiling's footsteps.