Author Topic: Rou's Random Shorts  (Read 180994 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: Rou's Random Shorts *Under New Management!*
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2010, 05:16:18 AM »
I smiled. So hard.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »
I smiled. So hard.
With (joyful) tears in my eyes ;_;
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2010, 04:27:05 AM »
Judge Eiki by Roukanken

"I know for a fact that the book is missing."

What started as borrowing from a library...

"Aw, come on. She's just jealous 'cause she's found out it's worth a fortune."

...turned into theft of a priceless tome.

"She doesn't have anythin' saying that she lent it to me, you can't do a thing."

"Maybe you need to learn a little about authority, girl."

---

You are about to enter the courtroom of Judge Shikieiki Yamaxanadu.

The people are REAL.

The cases are REAL.

The rulings are FINAL.

This is her courtroom.

This...is Judge Eiki.

---

The courtroom was filled with a bustle of murmurs, the spectators and jurors muttering to each other. Silence only arose after the bailiff's declaration echoed throughout the room.

"All parties in the matter of Knowledge vs. Kirisame, step forward."

Komachi always hated this part. It took so much effort to shout loud enough to get everyone's attention, but at least she got to sit at the side for most of the trial. The two parties involved got the point, at least, and walked toward their respective positions.

574-year-old librarian Patchouli Knowledge is suing former lover, 16(?)-year-old Marisa Kirisame, for theft of a valuable book from her possession. Marisa claims that the book was a gift to her.

Both the plaintiff, a tired-looking girl in what seemed to be pyjamas, and the defendant, a cheery-looking witch in black and white, stood at attention behind their benches. Komachi turned to the judge's chair, waiting for her superior to emerge.

In a few seconds, the door next to the chair opened, and another woman entered. Her mostly civil clothing seemed befitting of a judge, but for some reason she had decided to come to court wearing a particularly short blue skirt. The entire court froze, staring at the exposed legs of the judge with various feelings - some with disgust, others with surprise, others still with amusement. Strangely, one woman responded by bleeding profusely from the nose and collapsing on the floor. The body was removed from the court for the sake of decency as the judge took her place behind the chair.

Komachi placed a small pile of papers in front of her boss.

"Case of Knowledge vs. Kirisame. They're sworn in, blah blah blah, sit the hell down."

She clasped her hand into a fist momentarily, threatening all present into their seats, before taking her own seat in the corner and falling asleep in a matter of seconds. Shikieiki frowned at her for an instant before turning back to the case.

"Alright then, Miss Knowledge," she said, turning to the plaintiff. "You claim that Miss Kirisame has taken a highly valuable book from you?

Patchouli nodded.

"Correct."

"What was the name of this book, exactly?"

"A History Of Charisma: The Autobiography of Remilia Scarlet."

Shikieiki blinked.

"Right. Well that's a little long, so I'll just call it Charisma for now."

She scribbled something down on the notes Komachi had handed her.

"You're sure it's missing? Totally?"

Patchouli gave the judge a condescending glare.

"I know for a fact that the book is missing. I keep regular notes of current stock. I lent it to her several weeks ago, and cleared it off the-"

"Okay, okay, I've seen these notes already, now shut up. I'm the one doing the lecturing around here."

"You can't say that, I have a right to make my voice he-"

Patchouli cut off mid-sentence, clutching her throat. She let off a small coughing fit, spluttering over the plaintiff's desk. The irony was not lost on either of them.

"S-Sorry. Continue, Your Honour."

"Thank you. Now, you there...Miss Kirisame."

Marisa was now leaning totally on her desk, making shapes in the dust with her finger as she looked into the distance.

"Sup, Lady? She's wrong, y'know."

Was she even aware that she was in a court? Shikieiki hit her judging rod against the desk to attract her attention. It worked, barely.

"Okay, okay, you want the whole formal thing. Gimme a minute to get in character."

She stood straight, taking deep breaths and performing dramatic hand motions. There was silence as the entire courtroom looked at her with expressions of bewilderment. Eventually she started on her testimony, overacting every little tidbit.

"Oh, it's terrible, Your Honour! I got that book as a gift from my lovely Patchy, and now she's trying to take it back from me just because she found out it'd make her a fortune! I'm being oppressed here, oppressed! It's an outrage, a sham! It's-"

The rod left a considerable dent in the desk as Shikieiki slammed it down again, much harder this time. Marisa's soliloquy was silenced.

"Cut the drama, woman. You're fooling no-one."

Marisa froze in place for an instant, caught in the middle of a swooping hand gesture. Then she pouted as the hand decided instead to clean out her ear.

"Meh. Thought it was worth a try, at least."

Judge Eiki's eyes grew smaller, as scorn started to run across her face.

"...so you hold to your earlier story, I assume."

"Aw, come on. She's just jealous 'cause she's found out it's worth a fortune."

Marisa gave a cheeky smirk to Patchouli, standing a few feet away. The librarian, furious, slammed her hand against the desk.

There was an audible crack across the courtroom.

Patchouli's head dipped down as she held back the urge to scream. She pulled her arm back, her hand hanging limp at her side.

Shikieiki took a short moment to place her head on the desk. It was moments like this that made her wonder what the point was in maintaining this job.

"Well..." she pulled her head up as she readdressed the court.

"No offense, Miss Kirisame, but your story is paper-thin. No-one has any reason to believe you're being genuine here."

Marisa seemed unfazed by this, now turning her smirk to the judge whose sentence could easily put an end to her.

"She doesn't have anythin' saying that she lent it to me, you can't do a thing."

It was the most pathetic work around possible. Because it had never been outright said that the book was lent in Patchouli's notes, she was clinging to the possibility that it was borrowed. Shikieiki's blood boiled.

"...Maybe you need to learn a little about authority, girl."

It was clearly a threat. Marisa looked up at the judge, puzzled.

"Eh? What're you-"

"Guilty."

A moment of silence.

"...Huh?"

"You're guilty. I've declared it officially."

Marisa seemed confused, bewildered by this verdict.

"B-But there's no outright evidence, right? There's reasonable doubt and all tha-"

"Quiet!"

Shikieiki's voice boomed through the room, magically amplified. Marisa's hat blew clean off of her head, leaving her clinging at her straw-like blonde hair.

"You are talking to Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, highest of the Judges of the Dead! If I say you're guilty, you're guilty, and you've got no right to complain! Do I make myself clear, mortal?!"

Marisa was cowering behind the desk now, looking up at the judge with fearful eyes.

"C-Clear as crystal, ma'am."

Her anger vented, Shikieiki returned calmly to her normal severe posture.

"Excellent. Now, since you've compounded your crime of grand theft with an additional charge of opposing a divine order, I'm going to have to invoke the death penalty."

"...Whuh?"

Shikieiki clicked her fingers. A panel above Marisa's head opened. Startled, the witch looked up to see a human shaped projectile coming at her at high speed, holding some sort of jewelled pagoda in her face.

"The hell-"

"ABSOLUTE JUSTICE, BITCH!"

Shou shouted at the top of her lungs as the pagoda's light expanded, exploding into a pillar of light that engulfed both the tiger youkai and the defendant. In a few seconds the light had dissipated, and Shou was standing behind the defendant's stand, saluting. Marisa was nowhere to be seen.

"Mission accomplished, Your Honour. Justice has been served."

Shikieiki nodded reluctantly. She missed the days of judges performing the sentences themselves, but apparently employing people like Shou raised efficiency by almost 1% so there wasn't much she could say in her defense.

"...Much appreciated, Miss Toramaru. You are dismissed. As for you, Miss Knowledge, we'll search the residence of the deceased and look for this Charisma book of yours."

Patchouli nodded quietly, still in pain from the self-inflicted fracture of her hand.

"Whuh...? Oh, it's over."

Komachi looked up at the court from her seat, slowly waking up. Given Shou's position behind the defendant's stand she was relatively sure about how the case had ended. She grinned.

"Well, it looks like Marisa Kirisame..."

She pulled out a pair of sunglasses and slipped them on.

"...just checked out."

Shikieiki leapt on top of the desk, pulling a guitar from YamaHammerSpace.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH~"
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2010, 05:34:40 AM »
"ABSOLUTE JUSTICE, BITCH!"

This was so unexpected but so appropriate.
This has to be one of my favorite shorts written by Rou ;D

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2010, 05:56:20 AM »
I lol'd a bit.
But damn, Rou. Stop killing people =D
                                                                                   .

Drake

« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2010, 06:14:54 AM »
<Drake> oh god rou's new story
<Drake> i literally burst out laughing

No seriously, people are asking me what's so funny.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2010, 06:23:42 AM »
I'm not sure what to take it. 'Huzzah something lighter hearted from Rou!, Huzzah victory is nearer to my grasp!, Huzzah Komachi Shades!, Huzzah Patchy!, Huzzah Eiki making an absolute mockery of the law system...? Huzzah killing Marisa...huzzah mixing the two?...huzzah patchy fr- I can't do this.'

I may not be meant to take this seriously, But it just ends up being. 'Oh, Ahahaha...? I guess its funny?'

Its... Jesus, How the hell to put it. 'What if Eiki had a bloodlust streak!' 'What if everything that keeps Eiki from being a tyrant judge disapeared!' 'What if Gensokyo of all places tried to have a law system!' 'What the fuck Eiki?'

It may just be me, But it seems like a good joke ruined by the actual fact its kind of not funny.

Drake

« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2010, 06:44:27 AM »

Chaore

« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2010, 06:57:38 AM »

nevermind guys drake picked up my slack, s'all funny.

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2010, 08:04:53 PM »
-- why have I been missing these updates.

I kinda giggled at that last one. And d'awwed at the New Years one.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2010, 04:08:11 AM »
Highway Robbery by Roukanken

There was something comforting about that little bridge in the middle of nowhere.

After a few miles of long, painful walking, fending off strong and devious youkai to boot, anyone would be glad to see an environment that wasn't cold hard rock. The bridge was rickety, old and practically unusable, but it was a break from the norm and that was all that would have mattered. A small stream ran beneath the bridge, water seeping in through some vein between the rocks. It added a serene, calming feel to the entire scene.

It didn't have the majesty you'd expect from the border between two worlds, and neither did its sole guardian.

"Seriously, no-one even uses this damn thing anymore. Why can't I get a useful job like other people?"

There was a sizable dent in the ground from where Parsee Mizuhashi had always tapped her foot. It wasn't because she was notably strong, but simply because even stone can't stand being worn at for several centuries. A pair of blonde ponytails hung behind her head, and a multi-coloured but drab dress covered her slim figure. Her arms were folded in resignation as her bright green eyes glared down one end of the tunnel which she'd guarded for as long as she could remember.

"The surface, huh...wonder if the rumours are true and they really don't have a ceiling. Must be pretty nice to not have to worry 'bout banging your head on anything."

The scorn and malice in her voice made it clear that her words were far from sincere. She spoke of things she had never seen, that her duty had stopped her from ever having a chance to see. If there was one emotion that Parsee had garnered during her time as the bridge's guardian, it was envy.

She had been cheerful when she started, warning the unprepared that they were on the verge of stepping into hell itself. They would smile, heed her warning, and pass by her a little more cautious about their surroundings. She was proud of herself, proud that she'd done her duty as a guardian.

Then people stopped coming back.

She couldn't afford to leave her post - she was busy then, and tending for new guests left her no time to worry about the fate of old ones. She always watched with concern, fearing for their fates, mentally considering all the ways the hell beneath her could have killed them.

And because no-one ever told her, she had nothing but her fears to work with. She became consumed by her worry, and eventually something inside her gave way. Whatever happened, she couldn't let people take the risk of passing into the underworld. She made her warnings stronger, more severe, but still wannabe adventurers were slipping past her and meeting whatever painful ends Parsee could think of.

Eventually she retreated into total desperation, threatening and even attacking travellers for their own sake. She hid behind a facade of jealousy, inventing excuses to attack everyone she came across. She became obsessed with poking holes in her own psyche, telling herself that she was working solely for the safety of others.

She got what she wanted - people were so scared of her that no-one wanted to risk taking the journey down to the netherworld. But there was no satisfaction in the deed for Parsee. She had convinced herself that she was worse off than everyone around her, and over time the facade became a reality.

Of course, this was all so long ago that even Parsee couldn't recall why she'd started. All she had left of those days was the scorn with which she freely mocked anyone who came to mind. She talked to herself a lot, mainly because there was no-one around to hear her. It was soothing, in a strange sort of way.

"...And apparently they all talk to each other, all friendly. Damn, it really sucks not having anyone to talk to."

There was a mild echo as Parsee spoke. It would only travel a few hundred feet, so odds were no-one would hear it-

"Aw, come on, Paruuuuuuu~ That's a mean thing ta say about me."

Or at least, so she'd thought. A coarse voice from behind Parsee informed her otherwise. She turned toward her still unseen guest, coming from the old hell outwards to the surface. She didn't need to see her to know who it was, though - it was one of the oni from the ancient city, one who had some strange intention to visit her more than anyone else. She wished she had that sort of random urge once in a while.

"You don't count, Yuugi. Are you even sober enough to engage in real conversation?"

Slowly, a young woman entered Parsee's view. Long blonde hair hung unkept around her head as she stared somewhere in the bridge guardian's general direction. One of her hands held a bowl filled with sake, and seemed to be the only part of her body that had any sense of balance. Her white shirt and blue skirt bounced around freely as she stumbled, giving Parsee an occasional chance to make out her impressive cleavage. She looked down at her own flat chest for an instant before glaring back.

"That's mean, y'know. See? I'm fine! Left foot, right foot..."

Yuugi stepped harder into the ground, leaving heavy dents where her feet touched the ground. They were thrown across the rock almost randomly thanks to her shaky stance.

"...left foot, right foot, right foo-damn."

A single misstep was more than enough to send Yuugi crashing into the ground, the red horn on her head lodging cleanly into the rock. Apparently her priorities were messed up, because the only object to survive the fall unscathed was the sake bowl, still standing upright in her now outstretched hand.

"Okay, okay. Maybe I'm a little drunk."

A muffled admission ran through the stone to Parsee's ears. She facepalmed.

"Really, I wish I could get away with being as reckless as you sometimes. No job, no duty...you just get yourself wasted every waking moment."

Yuugi heaved herself out, pulling out a few pebbles with her. She took care to avoid letting any of it land in her sake as she stuck to one side of the cavern for support.

"Not every wakin' moment, Paru. There's a little time in the mornin' where I'm kinda almost nearly sober. Sometimes."

"Look, can you quit calling me Paru? It's a stupid nickname."

Yuugi stepped closer and closer to the bridge. Parsee started to smell her breath for an instant before wisely deciding to start breathing through her mouth. She slid back slightly, her feet slipping onto the first plank behind her.

"What's wrong with it? I ain't good with names, Parzy."

"Parsee."

"See what I mean?"

She was only a few feet away now, not showing any sign of stopping. Parsee started to step backwards across the bridge as Yuugi stepped on, maintaining as much distance as she could.

"S-So. Guess you're travelling up to the surface, right? Bet you'll have tons of fun up there with all the people and the air and all that other crap that people like me never get to experience."

There was a stutter. Not out of embarrasment, but because Yuugi's approaching form was imposing to a measly guardian like her. She was strong enough to keep humans out - not to keep oni in. One good punch from Yuugi would be enough to leave Parsee picking up pieces of herself for the next decade.

"Eh, I had other ideas. Somethin' I wanted to getta hold of."

The end of the bridge. About time.

Parsee was relieved to step off the bridge and move to the side, no longer impeding the demon's path. Yuugi's last statement was still uncomforting, though.

"Something to get hold of? There's nothing here other than the path upwards. You really are drunk, aren't you..."

Yuugi's footsteps continued to shake the bridge until she reached the other side. Parsee had expected her to keep going down the tunnel, but much to her surprise Yuugi stood still.

And grinned.

"I dunno, I can see somethin' to grab onto right here."

It took a second for Parsee to realise what Yuugi was talking about.

Then her ears pricked up slightly.

"...You're kidding, ri-"

Before Parsee could even declare her surprise, Yuugi had stretched out an arm towards her, grabbing her dress with her one free hand.

"Ah!?"

She found herself unable to fight the oni's grip, and before she knew it Yuugi had her safely tucked under her free arm. The oni looked down with a smirk.

"Comfortable?"

Parsee's constant squirming and struggling suggested otherwise.

"T-The hell are you doing?! J-Just because you're stronger than me and all...! Put me down, put me down!"

Parsee's resistance quickly collapsed into childish complaints. Yuugi squeezed her lightly to quieten her.

"Geez, quit being so arguable. I'm sure your boss'll understand if you get kidnapped for a while by an oni, right?"

"K-Kidnapped?!"

That was enough to revive Parsee's futile thrashing. Yuugi bounced over the bridge, letting it rock with every step she took. Her earlier clumsiness seemed forgotten entirely.

"Well, that's the technical term. That's what I need to do to get ya to have fun, right? Do the sorta crazy stuff you always complain that you can't do. Y'know, things like drinkin' and fightin' and seein' people..."

Parsee froze for a moment.

"L-Look, I do complain about them a lot, but that doesn't mean I want to do them! I wish I was still you enough to jump to conclusions like that, dammit!"

"So you're jealous of me for no real reason?"

Silence. No sound other than Yuugi's feet stamping off the bridge and down the long road to the ancient city with a speed that could make a lesser tengu blush.

"...I...I guess not."

It was something she hadn't stopped to consider in a while. In fact, when was the last time she'd genuinely wanted something that she complained about? She thought to herself, and for a moment a fragment of the old Parsee shone through. She resigned herself to the oni's grip.

"...Fine. Kidnap me if you want. Enjoy abusing your power."

Yuugi's strong grip of Parsee at her hip metamorphosed into a one-armed hug, holding the bridge guardian against her chest like a mother.

"See, Paru? First step's admitting you have a problem~"

Parsee would have given a witty reply, but the boob her face was being slammed into posed another problem.

"C...Can't...breathe..."

Yuugi saw the slightly-green tinge of Parsee's skin turn blue before she realised that she was in the process of smothering her hostage. She eased up slightly as Parsee gasped for air.

"Hah...quit showing off. J-Just because your chest is bigger than mine..."

Parsee retreated back to envy, but now she lacked the killer edge that her words previously held. Something about Yuugi's actions had made it to her.

"B-But...why are you doing this? Taking all this time to kidnap some pointless bridge guardian?"

Yuugi looked down at Parsee. Her eyes, previously murky and hazy, now seemed to show a genuine emotion of concern.

"Well, let's just say I gotta do this. For a girl that I kinda like but don't have the nerve to tell."

Yuugi went a little redder than usual. Parsee was silent, apparently uncertain about who 'the girl' in question was.

"Hmph. Lucky girl. I wish there was someone out there who cared as much for me."

Yuugi brushed off the sentiment as the ancient city came into view. She watched Parsee's eyes widen as she experienced its glory for the first time. Any thoughts of complaining vanished from her mind completely as Yuugi murmured to herself.

"...Don't worry, Paru. There is."

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2010, 04:58:44 AM »
Hee. Splendid. |3

I was planning on doing a story with a similar premise ("Yuugi approaches romance, in typical oni fashion, with brute force") for the Mizuhashi Parsee Anthology Project, except it was entirely willing on Parsee's part. Maybe I should finish it up sometime when I'm not bogged down with other projects ...

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »
Bah, Parsee's just being tsundere. :V
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2010, 07:25:23 PM »
That works, too! I mean ... considering she's being a non-stereotyped variety (i.e. not the kind where the author doesn't have any way of characterizing a tsundere other than going "Hmph!" and glaring and saying "It's n-not like I like you or anything!"). Though Parsee's one of the few characters who I can stand being the stereotyped variety.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »
This was uh... cute.
                                                                                   .

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2010, 01:21:43 AM »
Bah, Parsee's just being tsundere. :V

I'd be interested seeing how you'd manage to make a non-Tsundere Parsee. Well, I suppose you could just make her a major heartless bitch, but yeah. :<

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »
Seems like Rou is on a Rou-ll! *is shot*

Anyway, without further ado!

Wait for it... by Roukanken

The temple was quiet and empty. Just the way Shou liked it.

With no intruders to worry about, the disciple of Vaisravana had decided to take the time to practice her meditation. The journey into Hokkai had taken up a good deal of her time lately, and she'd had no chance to contemplate like she was expected to. She sat straight in her typical orange dress, her spear resting on her lap as she emptied her mind.

A quiet breeze slid through the door, rocking her blonde-streaked hair slightly. She heard, but did not listen. She was aware of every sensation she experienced, but she responded to none of them with a thought. Her mind was blank, formless, relaxed.

At least, until someone decided to poke her in the forehead.

"Hey, Shou-sama~."

"Uwah!"

Going from no sensations all the way back into reality wasn't a very fluent transition for Shou, and that single tap was enough to send her falling backwards, slamming her head into the floor. The culprit, a young-looking mouse youkai, looked over the fallen tiger curiously. One of her two dowsing rods hung where Shou's head had been, and her black ears twitched in puzzlement.

"Man, I still don't get you monk types. So jittery when you're doing your whole mehdeetayshun thing."

Shou rubbed her head as she sat back up, biting her lip.

"Maybe you should try it some time. It'd teach you a lot."

"Can't, sorry. Got work to do and all~"

Nazrin held her hands behind her head, whistling innocently and ruffling her grey hair. The crystal pendant around her neck shimmered as the light bounced off it, contrasting the bleak colour of her dark brown dress.
Shou smirked. Nazrin was technically her underling, but in truth she'd served Vaisravana far longer than she herself had. Nazrin had been a teacher of sorts to her in her early days, and even now that the master was apparently the student there was a good deal of respect between the two. And, of course, there had been the entire pagoda scandal where Nazrin had pulled Shou's ass out of the fire, so she definitely owed her a favour at the very least.
At least...that was the image they wanted to give to the outside world. It was the sort of relationship they couldn't make public for the sake of image, but the pair were closer than sisters. No-one, not even Byakuren herself, knew of their secret, and with any luck no-one ever would.

"Well...actually, there was something I wanted to do here."

Nazrin looked away, blushing a little. Her tail ran along the floor nervously. Shou tilted her head, confused.

"Hm? What, did you find something?"

Nazrin swayed around, impatient. Her hand reached into a pocket, rummaging for something. Nazrin's duty was to search for treasures on the part of Vaisravana, so Shou simply assumed she'd come across some artifact. Maybe a trinket she was offering as a gift...

"Um...h...here."

Nazrin jerked her arm out in front of Shou, holding her open palm in front of her superior. Much to the tiger's surprise, what she was holding was no relic.

It was a small, perfectly formed diamond ring.

"N...Nazrin..."

Shou stuttered as the diamond shone beautifully, her eyes unable to turn away. It was more than a present - more than a flower, more than a box of chocolates. It was a declaration, the ultimate step.

It was a proposal.

"Shou-sama...you make me happier than anyone I know. W-Will you..."

Nazrin shook where she stood, calling upon all of her courage to keep her from running out of the temple in fear. Shou's eyes started to move from the ring, to Nazrin's ruby eyes, then back to the ring.

"I...Can we get away with this?"

Nazrin nodded.

"It'll be our own little secret. No-one has to know. You can just say you found it right?"

Shou was still uncertain, torn between her duty as a disciple of Vaisravana and the emotions that were seeping freely from her heart. For a few seconds, her emotions held her in total equilibrium.

Then, finally, her heart won out, and she started on the words that would make Nazrin the happiest girl in Gensokyo.

"...Nazrin, I accept your-"

"STOP RIGHT THERE!"

The door to the inner sanctum slammed open, cutting short Shou's declaration. A furious Byakuren stomped out from within, her eyes immediately falling on the pair. Nazrin had quickly slipped the ring back into her pocket, hopefully before it had been seen.

"A-Ah, Hijiri! H-How are you today?"

Shou was sweating bullets, but she managed to slip out her words with some effort. With any luck, Byakuren would just think she was hot and move on-

"Shou! Nazrin! I trusted both of you! How could you do this?!"

No such luck.

"H-Huh? Byakuren-sama, what are you talking about?"

Nazrin tried to make a saving throw, but from the look on Byakuren's eyes her chances were pretty much non-existent anyway.

"What, you say?! Obvious I mean this relationship of yours! What sort of god would smile upon its followers engaging in carnal pleasure with one another when they're meant to be working?!"

For a moment, Nazrin and Shou looked at each other in amazement. It was true that one night the pair had decided to...enjoy each other, but Byakuren had been nowhere near the temple at the time. How had she...?

"I'll bet you're wondering how I found out, aren't you? Well, you miscreants didn't take account for these!"

Byakuren held out a single picture, barely the size of her palm. Nazrin and Shou looked at it in shock, then horror. Then fear. It very clearly showed the two of them embracing, naked, with looks of passion on their faces.

"A passing-by tengu journalist happened on your little adventure and decided to inform me about your disgraceful actions. I have to find some time to thank her."

Byakuren dropped the photo on the floor, stepping on it with one foot. Magical energy passed through her leg, giving her the strength to separate it into its respective atoms.

She cracked her knuckles.

"And as for you two...I think a little punishment is in order."

She took slow, careful steps towards the paralysed pair.

"Hi-Hi-Hijiri, maybe you should reconsider thi-uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~"

The two were still clinging to each other as a single punch sent them flying into the distance...

-----

"Everything went as you intended, ma'am. The pair was left too beaten and bruised to consider risking being together."

Aya bowed as she reported her success. Her employer sat across from her, a mysterious hooded figure, obviously intended to hide her identity.

"Excellent. I'm hoping this payment will suffice?"

She pulled out a leather-bound book, on which the words 'JOURNAL OF BYAKUREN HIJIRI' were carefully printed. Aya picked the tome up, skimming the content curiously.

"You'll find that I've highlighted the entries that may be of...particular interest to you."

Aya's eyes lit up as she read over her new acquisition. She gave the woman in the hood one last nod.

"Well, this'll sell papers like nobody's business! Pleasure working with you."

"And you, Miss Shameimaru. I'll keep in touch."

Aya bowed again, already imagining her next scandalous headline as she slipped out of the room. The girl in the hood sighed, realising she was alone.

"Ach, I hate talking so high and mighty like that. And Ichirin's gonna be looking for this thing pretty soon..."

She pulled the hood off her head, revealing that beneath it was a girl with short black hair and blue eyes. She reached into a nearby drawer and wore the sailor's hat she had hidden within.

"Nothing pisses me off more than seeing people get together. Especially when they leave it ambiguous enough for anyone watching to draw their own goddamn conclusions..."

She smirked to herself.

"Well, at least that's one more pairing nobody will even think of considering."

Murasa Minamitsu, Ship-Wrecker, had struck again.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2010, 01:28:38 AM »
XD

That was priceless.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2010, 01:33:03 AM »
I'm not sure who's pun was worse.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2010, 02:45:56 AM »
..........Haaaaa... haaaaahahaa haaaa

Oh, good lord. Excellent, these are. XD

Shorts are fun to read; quick, simple, and to the point. These're all very good and worth the read.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2010, 03:38:53 AM »
Holy skies.
                                                                                   .

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2010, 03:59:44 AM »
ship-wrecker

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2010, 11:58:53 PM »
Okay, I've put off respondin' to these long enough.

The New Years' one is what I would have written had tragedy decided not to rear its ugly head in my life around that time. Thanks for writing the sweet stuff that I wasn't capable of.

Strangely, one woman responded by bleeding profusely from the nose and collapsing on the floor.

I'm with this girl. Fuck yes, Shou-Shiki JUSTICE team go. Also,

Also, I prefer dominant Parsee by far, but sad and lonely and angry Parsee is good too. (Parsee never struck me as being particularly tsundere, just... sad and angry.)

Murasa Minamitsu, Ship-Wrecker, had struck again.

Ow. Also, Byakuren how can you destroy their happiness like tha-- ... I wonder how much her journal would sell for.

Keep up the good work, Rou. Writing is a wonderful self-therapy. Hope to see you in twenty days when the ban I placed on you expires. o/

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2010, 04:54:49 AM »
                                                                                   .

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2010, 03:31:21 AM »
Perfect Cherry Blossom in 60 Seconds by Roukanken

Haha, the funniest bit that drove it all home was at the 1:00 mark - when Rou just goes '...ow.'

That was pretty awesome, too - I liked the Prismriver Sisters bit, too.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2010, 06:28:44 AM »
From the very start I knew that the "the ghosts of some jazz trio or something" line was the best part of the original text. But I'm not sure if implementing the Prismrivers' closeness to the "What is Love" meme improved it or not.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Alright, Nobu, gimme my thread back.
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2010, 01:36:58 AM »
In the dark, dank caves of the underground, it is nothing special to see a little overhang where potentially people could hide themselves before leaping down on you. Every traveller is cautious of the first one or two, but after you realise they line the entire path your attentiveness tends to weaken.

This was a benefit for the pair, as it was in one of these overhangs that the two were holding their secret meeting. It had to be secret, otherwise it pretty much defeated the entire point.

"B-But...couldn't we have found one that was a little bigger?"

The complainer was the larger of the two, a girl in a light blue vest and skirt with oddly coloured eyes. She clung to an overgrown umbrella, the eye on it closed for fear of bumping into a stalactite.

"Stop whining. If someone passes by when we're moving between spots, we're done. Goddamn amateur."

Her companion took up a much smaller space, poking her head out of a small wooden bucket. Still, they were at such proximity that a turn of her head nearly sent a short green pigtail into the other girl's face.

"Uuu...I'm not good with closed spaces. I want to get out of here again, back into the sky, flying through the clouds before swooping down on people and-"

"Kogasa?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

Kisume grouched at the karakasa as she lit a cigarette which she'd apparently pulled out from inside the bucket. Kogasa thought the idea through for a few seconds, and stopped when her brain began to hurt. At least it explained why her voice was so raspy.

And why Kogasa was coughing so much.

"Alright. Here's the plan. When some poor sap walks past, you'll be sitting down there distracting them with your retarded beauty model face so I can get the drop on 'em."

Kogasa pouted.

"Yeah, that face right there. Good to see we're on the same page for once."

"Um, b-but...I thought I was going to be the surprise? I mean, that's what I do, and-"

"Look, who's the pro here? You or me?"

For a girl of such short stature, Kisume's green eyes were pretty scary. Kogasa squeezed a little harder into the wall.

"R-Right, ma'am! S-Sorry for disagreeing with you!"

"That's better. Now that we're clear, get down there and start moaning."

As a consolation prize, Kogasa had made it out of the cramped overhang at least, swooping down onto the ground below her with her umbrella for support. She skipped over to one of the walls, taking a seat besides one of them and taking a deep breath.

Before collapsing into a flailing mess.

"Owwie! Owwie! Someone, please! I, um, tripped and broke my leg!"

She rolled around the ground with amazing dexterity for a girl with a broken bone. Kisume facepalmed, then slammed her forehead into the edge of the bucket for good measure as she murmured to herself.

"I swear, I would kick you SO HARD if I had legs."

She watched the wannabe shock-trooper for a short while, her expression slowly shifting from anger, to realisation, to a thorough satisfaction.

"Oh well. Looks like I'll have to resort to Plan B."

Kogasa was still kicking wildly, covering herself in dust and pebbles. It was like a child's tantrum, except coming from a grown teenager.

"Help me, someone! I have a really nasty booboo! It's really so-"

"KOGASA!"

A roar from the bucket-dweller brought Kogasa's distraction to a sudden halt.

"Uu? Am I doing good?"

"You look like you need to be freaking exorcised."

Getting on her knees, Kogasa stuck her tongue out and giggled a little.

"Hehe...sorry, I'm not really very good at being subtle. Going all out is more fun, right?"

She stuck her tongue out, still laughing and not really paying any attention to Kisume's inevitable lecture.

Which is probably why it took her so long to notice the fireball.

"Eh-"

The fire didn't hurt her specifically - her power as a youkai was enough to at least protect her from a surprise attack.

Not so lucky, however, were her clothes.

"Uwaaaa!?"

Kogasa immediately jumped to her feet, running in a circle mindlessly as she tried to pat at the flames quickly burning away her shirt. This time, the expression of distress on her face seemed a hell of a lot more genuine.

"Ah, what is it I'm meant to do again!? Stop, drop and...ah, what's the third one?! I'mburningI'mburningI'mburningI'mburningaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~"

Her panicking collapsed into mindless cries as her struggling only fanned the flames, sending them billowing onto her skirt. Kisume couldn't help but take some pleasure in the sight as her 'companion' fell to the floor.

"...Eh? Someone down there?"

And better yet, it killed two birds with one stone. The karakasa's call had managed to attract someone's attention - a youkai with one of the most poofy dresses physically possible, practically bulging out beneath her waist. It was one of the underground's better-known residents - Yamame Kurodani, youkai of illness.

"P-Please, help! I'm burning up!"

Realising help was at hand, Kogasa managed to produce a pair of coherent sentences. Yamame, unable to make her out from this distance, tilted her head.

"Hm? Burning up? I don't remember giving anyone around here a fever-"

It was around then she made out the slowly burning figure in the distance.

"Oh, you meant literally. My bad."

Silence.

"...Wait, what?"

Yamame's response was stunted, but as soon as she'd come to grips with the situation she was running down the cavern at full-speed. She knelt down beneath the blazing youkai, flapping her dress at the fire in an attempt to calm it down. The flames slowly died, and Kogasa breathed an audible sigh of relief. It was cool, relaxing, like a calm breeze over her chest.

"Uuu...that was scary..."

She looked down on herself to inspect the damage.

She then quickly realised that the calm breeze on her chest wasn't a simile after all.

"Uwaaa?!"

She pulled a hand over to cover her bare chest, her shirt practically burnt away by the fire. Her skirt had been luckier, only losing a few inches in length.

Yamame got to her feet, crossing her arms in order to enter her lecture pose.

"You must have run into one of the tsurube-otoshi. They're local youkai, ones that like to drop on you and fling fire your way. You can't be too careful when you-"

That was as far as the good samaritan got before the bottom of a wooden bucket slammed into her skull.

"Direct hit."

Yamame crumpled to the floor instantly, out cold. Kisume bounced off, taking care to keep the bucket upright as she came to a landing. She looked at her fallen prey, smiling wryly.

"That's for scaring people away, jerkass. No-one spoils my fun and gets away with it."

Kogasa sat stunned for a moment, unable to comprehend exactly what had just happened. Kisume turned to her with a wink.

"Well, whaddaya know? Guess you were useful for something after all. Thanks and all that crap."

Kogasa's eyes started to water, as she raised her free hand to point at the bucket-dweller.

"You...you meanie! That was really, really, really...mean!"

The stress had apparently burnt away her vocabulary along with most of her clothing. Kisume raised her hands in faux horror.

"Oh no, some loser karakasa thinks I'm mean! My heart, I think it's snapping in two."

By now Kogasa had made it to her feet and started stamping out of the cave in a huff. Her umbrella had survived the blaze, and turned around to stick its tongue out at Kisume as its owner departed, still moaning in embarrassment.

"Uuu...uuu..."

Kisume sneered as her supposed partner walked into the distance.

"Sure, leave it to the freaking little girl to move the body around. Real polite of ya."

She decided the best cure for her irritation was another shot of nicotine. She reached into the bucket, pulling out another cigarette and taking a long, satisfying puff.

"...This is why I hating working with amateurs."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:42:09 AM by Roukanken »

Drake

Re: Rou's Random Shorts (RECLAIMED!)
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2010, 01:56:04 AM »
best kisume

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Re: Rou's Random Shorts (RECLAIMED!)
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2010, 02:59:56 AM »
What is this I don't even

Killer bucketloli.

I'm picturing her with shades, a cross scar on her cheek, and a stupid ridiculous hairdo - possibly a ragged buzzcut - while smoking her cigarettes.