Author Topic: Sakuracon 2014, Is anyone here going?  (Read 5986 times)

Fenarth

• I can't beat normal
  • And I barely beat easy
Sakuracon 2014, Is anyone here going?
« on: April 06, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »
Haven't posted on this website in 4 years, wowee

I most visit /jp/ but I feel motk might be a nicer environment to be around in person; especially considering the sarcastic and elitist attitudes of most jpsies

I don't see a Sakuracon thread up so I'm assuming there isn't one, which is strange considering the convention is quite literally less than 2 weeks away

I also noticed the disconcerting lack of a Touhou Panel in the Sakuracon schedule(even though there was one last year); Curiously however there is Soku tourney (which Magister will win irregardless) and a ~Sky Arena~ tournament(seriously?)
A tournament for a game that ~3 in the entire state could probably play at a somewhat competitive level seems redundant; especially considering the lack of a Panel

Will there be a photoshoot/meetup anywhere?

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
Re: Sakuracon 2014, Is anyone here going?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 02:26:59 AM »
I was wondering when this thread would appear.

For the second year in a row, I'll be at Sakura-Con with the San Francisco-based fan works publisher, Doujin Press. Our table this year is SP13 in the exhibition hall. Feel free to stop by and check out our assortment of fan works from our affiliated authors around the world, including myself.

If this turns out anything like last year, I'll be stuck at the table the whole time, unable to attend any panels. But I'll get to meet Toho fans from the Seattle area, which should be fun. Maybe I'll see Maullar, Overcoat, Teezan, and others again.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 02:32:46 AM »
I'll be going! I'll probably be wearing my Alice Margatroid cosplay. If there is a photoshoot, I'll probably be able to attend because my dad is letting me stay later this year!
But not late enough for the KanColle panel, sadly. :(

Hey Sixten, I think I saw you last year. Do you remember seeing a SWR Reisen with glasses and her wig cap sticking through?
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 02:59:51 AM »
I won't be there, but my partner Carrot will be there doing the Mahjong panels.  You'll be able to tell it's him because he looks like a young Hoenheim on a normal day

Drake

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 03:10:51 AM »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
@LadyScarlet: You were the child dressed as Reisen with glasses?  (See the last section of the post.) I was the tall guy with glasses and a Green Bay Packers shirt. I remember you were looking for Reisen books and were surprised at my Shizuha book because of the Aki Sisters' lack of popularity. Anyway, I do have a Reisen book now. If you're not opposed to the (fairly common) Youmu x Reisen romance, why don't you stop by and pick up a copy?

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 02:56:18 PM »
@LadyScarlet: You were the child dressed as Reisen with glasses?
Yep, that was me. And I regret nothing.  :getdown:
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 04:21:17 AM »
Yes! I'll be there with my spanking new 50mm prime lens. Looking forward to taking some cool pictures.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

danyun

• Accomplished Lurker
  • Hey
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 07:32:00 AM »
Am I blind or are there no Touhou panels this year? I was just looking through the schedule and didn't see any.
I like rain. Do you like rain?

Quad City QBs

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 06:01:47 PM »
The Touhou panel fell through this year--the guy who was supposed to sign up for panel space had a sudden work engagement. Instead, there'll be a photo meetup in area 3 at 4 p.m. Saturday.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

danyun

• Accomplished Lurker
  • Hey
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 12:15:41 AM »
Aw. Now I have to finish my Helix costume as well as figure out what I'm wearing for the meetup instead of memorizing Touhou trivia. Which I would then proceed to forget the day of the trivia panel. =P
I think talked briefly with you Lady Scarlet. I was either dressed as Link or PC-98 Alice, don't remember which...
I like rain. Do you like rain?

Quad City QBs

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 02:37:41 AM »
Should clarify, the cosplay areas map has been released...

Quad City QBs

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 04:00:46 AM »
Damnit Maullar now I wanna do FE:A cosplay sometime.

(Though really I'm quite pleased with my cosplay from Tekko/my Otakon plans which require entirely clothing I can rewear. Plus a wig.)

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 04:15:47 AM »
@Maullar: Thanks for the pictures. They look amazing. Thank you for reminding me about the Toho photo shoot.

@Freeze: Thank you for the "Scarlet Daydream" CD. Thank you for lending me your art materials and teaching me some of your techniques. Of course, using Freeze's art materials doesn't make someone able to draw as well as Freeze...

@Freeze's boss at Chinanime: Thank you for the 77gl art book and the Reimu/Marisa bag. You had some amazing stuff in stock.

@Overcoat: Thank you for letting me be on your show before the convention. I think you were responsible for at least 3 sales of "Use Your Illusion".

@LadyScarlet: Strangely, after looking for Reisen books last year and being surprised by the existence of my Shizuha book because of the Aki Sisters' lack of popularity, you passed up the Reisen book for the Shizuha book. But a purchase is a purchase, and I'm not complaining.

And thank you to everyone else who stopped by the Doujin Press booth. I had a great time, even if I was bound to the table for most of it.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 07:00:25 AM »
...Is there a story behind the pictures of vanity underwear? Or were you just asked if you wanted to see, maybe take a photo?

Quad City QBs

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
The story is that my friends are glorious

Quad City QBs

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 05:56:28 AM »
Oh, and post-con depression is a hell of a thing

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 06:04:23 AM »
I am quite amused they are called "Crown".

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 05:23:39 PM »
Sakura-con saw so far so good
 rly wish I could be in the photoshoot but I broke my wings (RIP
Good thing I get see other awesome artist in the con (Sixten, Maullar, other artist in the Medial Whiskey
I also play the soku tourney and playing Magister in the final is rly fun
I will see if I can post a edit video of Anime Boston and Sakura Con