Author Topic: RPG Mafia Thread IV (Current Game: NSP Mafia)  (Read 141991 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
RPG Mafia Thread IV (Current Game: NSP Mafia)
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:44:50 AM »
General thread for mafia signups. Whether to play or mod, do it here.
Any old games can be found here

Rules for players intending to sign up:
New players we've never seen before: Link a game completed somewhere. Discretion up to the mod of the game.
People who've been lurking: Probably take a look at your general activity and conduct, link to prior experience is also preferable.
People with a bad history: Subject to approval from Godmothers, the current mod and any other management.

Quote from: games in the queue
Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia: CF7 (Co:?)
Rhythm Heaven Mafia: Zakeri (Co:?)
Magical Mahjong Mafia: PX (Co:?)
Build Your Own Setup Mafia: Serious Bananas (Co:?)
Ace Attorney Mafia: BT (Co:?)
Volcanic Mafia: huhwhat (Co:?)
Nightmare on Sesame Street Mafia: Sky Paladin (Co:?)
Vigilante Mafia: BigBangMeteor (Co:?)
Pok?mafia: Explorers of Sky: Cheez8 (Co:?)
Great Tricity Celery Hunt Mafia: DNA??(Co:?)
Mystery of the Setup Mafia: Raikaria (Co:?)
FTL: Faster Then Light - Advanced Mafia: NNR (Co:?)
Bard's Game of Mafia: Bardiche (Co:?)
Ys Mafia: Dormio (Co: Kitten4u)
My Dear Penpal Mafia: Serela (Co:?)
Mafia Of Twelve Swords Or Pyramid Mafia: O4rfish (Co:?)

Quote from: games on hold
A Scummy Game of Mafia: Kitten4u (Co:?)
Grandmaster: ActionDan (Co:?)
Phantom: Omba (Co:?)
Tsukihime Mafia: Affinity (Co:?)
Welcome to Planet Mafiavoter: Edible (Co: Edible)
TBD Mafia 2- the revengence: Raitaki (Co:?)
Speedrunner Mafia: IHNN (Co:?)
Dangan Ronpa Mafia: Conqueror (Co:?)
Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia: Schezo (Co:?)

Quote from: cards
None. For now.

-Links-
#motktown - Our IRC channel
IHNN's votecount tool
Polaris' votecount tool

Current game
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 09:32:03 PM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: RPG Mafia Thread IV (Current Game: Omerta - Town of Mafia)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:29 AM »
Dorian's mafia is still 6/13, at a non-holiday time of year, when lately there hasn't really been issues getting signups, and this is a semi-open setup guaranteed to not be ridiculous but still have a decent amount of fun PRs?

I'm surprised.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:51:17 AM »
Leaving the other thread unlocked until Dorian posts his signups again so that he can retrieve it more easily.
Don't post there.

[11:46:54] <Kazuko_Dormakami> @later tell Dorian repost your signups thread soon
[11:46:56] <Keine-tan> Kazuko_Dormakami: Okay! ^_^
[11:54:19] <Inaba_Tewi> no dormio
[11:54:22] <Inaba_Tewi> i lox thread
[11:54:24] <Inaba_Tewi> :<
[11:54:40] <Kazuko_Dormakami> wat
[11:54:46] <Inaba_Tewi> :V
[11:54:52] <Kazuko_Dormakami> why pescar
[11:55:09] <Inaba_Tewi> because ~*~mod abuse~*~
[11:55:11] <Kazuko_Dormakami> This was locked by an administrator. You cannot unlock it.
[11:55:13] <Kazuko_Dormakami> fffffff
[11:55:23] <Serela> Bwahahahahhaa
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:57:04 AM by Pesco »

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:57:33 AM »
Omerta ? Town of Mafia
Wellkome in the 20s, where the booze is prohibited, the dresses shameless and charleston a thing.

Rules:*
-I am the Secondo Capo. Shadoweh is my Co-mod. Decisions by either one should be trusted and to question those decisions is the best way to end up floating face down in the river.
-Don't break the Omerta. You aren't supposed to discuss the game outside the thread to anyone but the game mod, or in a mod-sanctioned quicktopic. Personal quicktopics are an exception, I'm not that strict about none-player/dead-player discussions as long as I can still insure that it wouldn't get out of hand.
-The twilight is often the best time for business.
So you are allowed to make one post between hammer and flip, everything beyond that and posts at night will be deleted, no exception.
-If you are dead, then you can't post. There is a reason why they call it ?silenced?.
-Don't edit posts. We are all guilty of something, so there's no reason to hide the evidence.
-Votes should be structured as "##Vote: Player". If I didn't saw it, then it didn't happened.
-Try to post actual, useful content at least once, preferably twice, every 24 hours. If you can't for some reason, tell me in advance. Otherwise I'll be forced to remind you of your duties.
-Quoting Mod PMs is a gross violation of the Omerta. Don't quote the mod from outside discussion without permission.
-We all know that we want to see each other dead for the lowest motives one could thing of but at least try to keep it polite.
-Play to your wincon but also for the fun.

Setup notes:
This is a C9++ setup, so I assume that you know what you can expect.
-72 hour days, 24 hour nights.
-LYLO and variants (such as MYLO) will be announced.
-Town has to lynch. If there is no majority at the end of the day then to one with the most votes will get lynched, a tie will result in a random lynch of one of them.
-Scum has to kill. If I don't get a kill target then I'll randomly pick one.

Invitation list: (13/13)
Serela
Sky_Paladin
NekoNekoRex
O4rfish
Zakeri
ActionDan
Raikaria
PX
CF7
Cheez8
Bardiche
Mitsuki
Schezo

*(Still subject to alterations)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:01:13 AM by Doriano "The Rat" Grigio »
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:28:55 AM »
@NNR: don't blame the players over speculation mostly brought on by your mod mistake (LYLO fuckery) wtf
@Raikaria: I figured you were Raikaria because you were posting exactly like him but never made the Tim Curry connection

I agree with Bard that this was a good game other than roleshens and especially like the part where I won.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:32:45 AM »
GLaDOS was the best

I'm sad I wasn't alive at the end like I usually am, so I couldn't (livingly) yell at everyone repeatedly, even if we still had lost in the end anyway. ~*~serela lylo curse~*~

But yeah I'm pretty hype for mafiatimes.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 01:36:23 AM »
you had the most open and shut case on norman so basically the one time town would've benefited from you surviving you didn't

RIP

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 02:11:20 AM »
Man, when I see HW as the latest post when I'm just browsing the main page, I'm like all "wait, I didn't post recently has there really been no posts".

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 02:24:25 AM »
Man, when I see HW as the latest post when I'm just browsing the main page, I'm like all "wait, I didn't post recently has there really been no posts".
I literally went "wait if I'm the recent poster why does it say there's been a new post" before clicking on this thread

Dorian White

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 02:38:44 AM »
Wait, is it just me or was that an /in?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 02:48:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure it was not, but it certainly wasn't the best choice of words in this situation :V

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 02:56:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure it wasn't :V It's not like Bard plays mafia anymore!
Look, I'll make you all a deal, first person to get three people to sign up gets to be the BPV Jailkeeping Serial Bombmaker!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 03:23:52 AM »
<PX> Anyways
<PX> @chooce /in or kill myself
<PX> @choose /in or kill myself
<Keine-tan> PX: I choose.../in! ^_^V
<Liquid> swooce right in
* Macaiah (~PX@qq-ABF6F27.lv.lv.cox.net) has joined #motktown
* You have been killed by Kooh ((GHOST command used by Macaiah (aew manow (lol)(cell))))

/in

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 05:30:40 AM »
Wait, is it just me or was that an /in?

I was referring to me playing in NNR's game. Which came at a bad time for me, honestly, since family circumstances happened and caring about the game became hard. But I still like to play Mafia on occasion these days. Is Omerta Mafia a good occasion?

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 09:38:42 AM »
I'll hammer signups If You Absolutely Need Another Player, but not before then (so I'm not caught off guard by game-start).

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 10:57:01 AM »
Actually i'll /in too.
Due to mod's mistake on my native forum i was killed, and then revived since he forgot i had 1 time BP vest. But my role became known as a result. Which is not fun. Since my alignment is red.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 12:44:44 PM »
Actually i'll /in too.
Due to mod's mistake on my native forum i was killed, and then revived since he forgot i had 1 time BP vest. But my role became known as a result. Which is not fun. Since my alignment is red.

This makes me feel a lot better about Urist Fortress Mafia. At least I didn't do that.

@NNR: don't blame the players over speculation mostly brought on by your mod mistake (LYLO fuckery) wtf
@Raikaria: I figured you were Raikaria because you were posting exactly like him but never made the Tim Curry connection

I agree with Bard that this was a good game other than roleshens and especially like the part where I won.

Lies!

I held back on the semicolons Q_Q

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 02:37:04 PM »
Is Omerta Mafia a good occasion?
Aren't you the one who's supposed to answer that kind of question!? D:

Although, for what it's worth, in this case we can be guaranteed to have a not-ridiculous setup, so that helps.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »
I am going to in if Bardiche is in. For the lulz. Otherwise count me out, exams forbid. :V
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 05:44:03 PM »
Oh man, I totally forgot about this site! Sorry! (and /in!)

Lies!

I held back on the semicolons Q_Q
I'm a human. Well; technically I'm like; 10% tree; but that's another story; yarrr!
...Yeah, sorry, but I knew who you were right when I saw this. And I was trying to avoid knowing who anyone was.

Also, regarding anybody being unhappy about their own setups, I feel I should mention the time I included a paranoid gun owner, a town bomb, a mafia bomb, and a serial killer whose victims also turned into bombs in a small 19-player game where most players could visit other players (which would set off bombs in this setup.) If you have made mistakes, I guarantee they are not as bad as you think they are.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 05:55:36 PM »
If you ever need to think "Wow, at least I didn't mess up my setup THAT badly", go read my first setup Psycho Plot that I hosted only a few months after first starting to play mafia. It's in the archives somewhere.

Except please don't read it ;_;

also unfortunately it would be hard to read due to the mafiadummy accounts we used to handle anonymafia- they're probably all Riders now instead of who was actually playing my game

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 07:02:25 PM »
Also, regarding anybody being unhappy about their own setups, I feel I should mention the time I included a paranoid gun owner, a town bomb, a mafia bomb, and a serial killer whose victims also turned into bombs in a small 19-player game where most players could visit other players (which would set off bombs in this setup.) If you have made mistakes, I guarantee they are not as bad as you think they are.
This is glorious.
Also on bad setups. It was HoMM III setup. Solmyr (SK). Chain Lightning. Kills target with 100%. If targeted player was visited during the nihgt, lightning jumps to each guest and kills each with accuracy decreasing like this 50% -> 25% -> 12,5% -> 6,25%. One night. 4 corpses. Just from one role
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »
percentage based roles are stupid though

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 08:51:18 PM »
...Yeah, sorry, but I knew who you were right when I saw this. And I was trying to avoid knowing who anyone was.

That was before I realized 'oh wait I can probobly mask myself with a lack of semicolons!'

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »
If you care that much, you might also want to change when you post and how you do it - early, long-ish posts are another easy tell. I'm here all week for your stealth needs.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 09:07:01 PM »
BT give me advice

Before I give up on disguising myself I avoid things like EMPHASIS WORDS or -dash enclosed emphasis- and some of the faces (like >_>; or `-` or `______________` or :C) and I can try to look sane for a little while until I decide it's too late and at least half the game already knows.

I usually give up when my... uh, unique playstyle becomes unable to mask further without actively hurting my play, actually >>

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 09:09:41 PM »
Also Serela I am dissapointed you were Le Blanc. I was sure that was Actiondan since he wanted a LeBlanc avatar in my birthday thread :/

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »
BT give me advice
I usually don't try concealing my identity. My writing style doesn't seem to be distinctive enough so I end up fooling people anyway.

Uh, dunno, I think you did fine at first. A general rule of thumb is to strip your posts to the bare necessities. Hell, that's pretty much ideal town play right there. Do that, or go full retard roleplay, provided you're good at it.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 11:53:26 PM »
I usually give up when my... uh, unique playstyle becomes unable to mask further without actively hurting my play, actually >>
I dunno, I mean, the less you're playing like Serela, the better your play becomes, probably?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dorian White

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 12:09:44 AM »
I was referring to me playing in NNR's game. Which came at a bad time for me, honestly, since family circumstances happened and caring about the game became hard. But I still like to play Mafia on occasion these days. Is Omerta Mafia a good occasion?
I guess it depends on what you would call a ?good occasion?. It will be at least a opportunity to play a more vanilla game and less roles means more focus on play, doesn?t it?