Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5  (Read 57578 times)

Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5
« on: February 08, 2014, 07:45:47 AM »
>You are Byakuren Hijiri, 18 years old, resident of the city of Mayoiga, caretaker (owner) of Rin Kaenbyou, resident of the Moonside apartments, and third year student of Mayoiga High. A few days ago, you were the most popular girl in school, one of the most well-known and liked girls around town. And then you touched a strange doll, and saw a world not your own. That was the day that everything changed, and you became Magical Lotus, the Hero of the Heart.

>After an eventful day at school, and more personally eventful evening in which Rin joined your cadre of heroes, you and your friend set off to investigate the other shrines of the city, to examine the sacred flames there, as well as, hopefully, making contact with the resident Gods, as you had with the Metal Tiger. The Black Tortoise shrine revealed no signs of the God himself, though there were a number of sensations you couldn't identify without transforming, which you felt you could not do at the time. You also made a number of your fans happy, and had a pleasant conversation with Sanae's mother Kanako. You also learned that your new powers can be used to help alleviate the symptoms of drunkenness from your run in with the unfortunate Elis.
>The Blue Dragon shrine, however, had a far more dramatic and otherworldly event. After witnessing a practice duel between your landlord Reimu and the head miko Tenshi, a somewhat bizarre meeting with a green haired shrine maiden involving a piece of jade, and a surprisingly nice conversation with one of Reimu's aides, you and Rin bore witness to the sacred flame turning blue, and a disembodied voice spoke to you in cryptic words, answering your questions in riddles and verse. And yet neither you nor Rin could sense whatever was speaking to you, and a conversation with Kiku came up with no conclusions on the matter.

>After a decent night's rest, you awoke to find your school cordoned off by the faculty and the police. To your dismay, you discovered a dark force within that was similar to that which you sensed from the demons and their youma. Disturbingly, you learned this dark force was your teacher Keine Kamishirasawa, or rather a dark power that had corrupted her and turned her lycanthropic form into something terrible, and dangerously feral. Alongside Rin and Lily, as well as Kaguya Houraisan, your classics teacher with a surprising array of both knowledge and magically empowered items, you entered the school and confronted the corrupted Keine. She put up a tenacious fight, but the light of your Violet Lotus expunged the darkness from her, restoring her mind and body to normal. Weirdly, your light appears to have left some residual energy within Keine's body, the extent and effect of which as yet unknown.
>You had no time to rest, however, nor investigate what caused this dark power to suffuse Keine's body, when a pair of newly arrived demons made their presence known, in force. You were obliged to do battle with the Champion of Ice, while the Fire Champion looked on. Ice was quite different than the other three demons you'd encountered. She seemed regretful for having to fight you, and you sensed within her an incredible sadness. After developing a new spell, you combined your powers with Lily and Rin and drove both demons off, but not before vowing to free Ice from Fire's domination.
>After a conversation with the school reporter Hatate on your way out of the school grounds, you met up with Kiku and learned that someone involved in this mess had access to Lunarian magic, a brand of magic very rare on this planet. As near as you can figure, this individual was Kaguya, though how she came to possess such power, you do not know.
>During this entire affair, you have also felt your ring react to the presence of Komachi Onozuka the police officer, as well as Hatate, in the same way it reacted to Chie days ago. Both of them seem to have the potential to wear one of your rings of Light.

>With the problems at school settled, you, Lily and Rin went to pay a visit to your captive demon, the Champion of Water, to have a little chat with it. You learned that she had a name, Louise, and that her people were residents of a world called Makai. This world, Louise claimed, was possessed of a kind of life, and was actively hostile towards the demons who lived on it, whom Louise referred to as 'Children', created and led by a being she called only 'Mother.' You got the impression that the demons had been fending off the assaults of Makai for ages, but that that this was changing. The reason for the incursion of the Demons into your world was the secure passage for the rest of their kind, so that they could escape Makai and survive in this world. But she maintained that coexistance between your kind and hers was impossible, not the least reason being the inevitable interference from a group she called Celestials, who you gathered were as adversarial towards the Demons as Makai itself is, though you are not entirely certain why.
>In between conversations about her world and her people, you found the time to introduce Louise to a treat unique to your world: ice cream. The demon seemed to enjoy the treat, and more, she enjoyed being able to have a meal without fearing for her life, for the first time in her life. Possibly the whole of her species' life since their arrival on Makai. And while the enormity of this idea may be a bit beyond your scope of understanding, you are more than a little pleased to have been able to bring some peace into Louise's life. Now, if you can have half as much success with the rest of her people...

>But the conflict can wait for a little. You are slated to attend a gathering of local city defenders in a couple of hours, but for right now, you are at home, awaiting a meal cooked by your faithful servant Rin, in the company of your close friend Marissa, and discussing an upcoming- potentially- concert at one of the local shrines.

>"No, I suppose there mightn't be, at that. I do wish you the best of luck."

>"Want me to grab one for you, too, if I can?" Marissa inquires.

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »
>Do we have any familiarity with Flandre's music?
>At least enough to have any idea if we like it?
>How are we for loud and noisy gatherings?

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »
>Do we have any familiarity with Flandre's music?
>At least enough to have any idea if we like it?
>How are we for loud and noisy gatherings?

>You definately do. You're actually a fan of hers. Not as big a fan as your brother is of hers, which is not entirely surprising since he was the one who introduced you to her music. You have a couple of her albums, and you attended a concert of hers last year, as a matter of fact, in the company of Marissa and a couple of her friends.

>You don't have any real problem with them, provided they're no so loud as to hurt your ears.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 06:40:07 AM »
>So, possibly a concert like this might actually be something we'd enjoy? Presuming no other untimely commitments?

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 07:22:40 AM »
>So, possibly a concert like this might actually be something we'd enjoy? Presuming no other untimely commitments?

>If indeed you have the freedom and the opportunity to attend such a concert, you believe very much you would enjoy it.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 07:24:45 AM »
>Do we know if Orin has an interest in that kind of thing?

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 07:40:22 AM »
>Do we know if Orin has an interest in that kind of thing?

>You've noticed that loud, high-frequency noises tend to hurt her ears, but she still enjoys music. And she enjoys spending time with friends, and of course yourself.
>As to whether or not she would enjoy a concert,  you've never actually asked her directly. Though you imagine she'd say she would enjoy this one.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 07:44:57 AM »
>"Oh, that might be nice. So long as they don't end up being too expensive, I suppose; it is a more exlcusive-than-normal venue, after all."

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »
>"Oh, that might be nice. So long as they don't end up being too expensive, I suppose; it is a more exlcusive-than-normal venue, after all."

>"Oh, says the woman who makes bank with Shameimaru Inc." Marissa teases.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 08:32:03 AM »
>"Well, I don't even know the price range we're talking about for sure, and neither do you, I imagine. I wouldn't want to assume prematurely."

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 08:36:46 AM »
>"Well, I don't even know the price range we're talking about for sure, and neither do you, I imagine. I wouldn't want to assume prematurely."

>"Aw, ain't you a doll." Marissa drawls as she flings her arm over your shoulder. "Watchin' my pocketbook like that."

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 08:42:26 AM »
>"Oh, I wouldn't expect you to pay my way, even if it were possible for you to get me a ticket."

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 08:50:36 AM »
>"Oh, I wouldn't expect you to pay my way, even if it were possible for you to get me a ticket."

>The blonde waves your sentiment away. "I been meaning to get a little gift for ya anyways. Perfect time fer it."

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 08:59:39 AM »
>"Oh, that's very kind of you."

>Rin, assuming it were possible to obtain one other ticket, would you have any interest in coming as well?

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 11:17:10 AM »
>"Oh, that's very kind of you."

>Rin, assuming it were possible to obtain one other ticket, would you have any interest in coming as well?

>"My absolute pleasure." Marissa says with a smile. Though you do wonder privately how she plans to cover the costs, if they're as expensive as you expect they'll be. Marissa's one of the best you've ever known at stretching a dollar, but she is never flushed with cash.

>Sure would. Rin replies promptly. If I don't havta work, of course.

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 09:19:26 AM »
>"If you can, do you think you might be able to try and get a third ticket? I would pay for that one, of course."

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 09:24:20 AM »
>"If you can, do you think you might be able to try and get a third ticket? I would pay for that one, of course."

>"Planned on it, sweetheart." Marissa tosses a wink in Rin's direction. "Nobody gets left out on my watch."

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 09:34:08 AM »
>"Well, thank you. I do very much appreciate the thought."

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 10:07:50 AM »
>"Well, thank you. I do very much appreciate the thought."

>"I aim ta please." Marissa chortles, giving you a quick friendly shake before disengaging from you, turning towards your veranda door. "I just hope Tenshi doesn't throw a big damper on the whole affair." she muses.
>"What makes ya say that?" Rin asks.
>"Trust me, kitty, that shrine maiden can be a real party-pooper when she wants to be. Probably could bring the Dragon Palace to a screeching halt if she wanted." Marissa sits heavily upon the floor. "Y'ever meet her, Byakuren?"

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 10:31:50 AM »
>"Yes, I have, if only briefly. She did seem like she could be a bit... brusk? She and Reimu actually had a duel with swords at the Dragon Shrine the other day - when I noticed them setting up booths there. Blunted ones, I should say; but it was still very spirited. Reimu won. I think the crowd thought Tenshi was a bit unsporting."

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 10:32:06 AM »
>"Yes, I have, if only briefly. She did seem like she could be a bit... brusk? She and Reimu actually had a duel with swords at the Dragon Shrine the other day - when I noticed them setting up booths there. Blunted ones, I should say; but it was still very spirited. Reimu won. I think the crowd thought Tenshi was a bit unsporting."

>Marissa snorts out a chuckle. "Wouldn't surprise me at all." Then she pauses. "Wait a sec, crowd?"
>"They were fighting outside." Rin puts in.
>The blonde whistles. "There's somethin' that don't happen every day."

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 10:46:08 AM »
>"It was something of a minor spectacle, I would say."

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »
>"It was something of a minor spectacle, I would say."

>"Wish I'da been there." Marissa says with a slight pout. "I love watchin' Reimu work."
>"You've seen her fight before?" Rin asks, which garners an emphatic nod from Marissa.
>"She might be a princess, but she can swing a mean sword. She can hold her own against most of her bodyguards, don'cha know."
>"Can you?"
>"Can I wha, go toe to toe with a Hakurei enforcer?"
>"No, no, with Reimu-san herself."
>Marissa laughs boisterously. "Aw man, don't I wish." She points lazily in your direction. "I'd lay better odds on your boss here in that scene. Tennis's closer than I've got to proper swordswork."

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 05:09:09 PM »
>"Tennis isn't really very much like what they were doing, I'm afraid; I would rather embarrass myself if I were to try, I'm sure."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:49:57 AM by DracoOmega »

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 08:15:44 AM »
>"Tennis isn't really very much like what they were doing, I'm afraid; I would rather embarrass myself if I were to try, I'm sure."

>"Bah!" Marissa blurts with a grin and a wave of her hand. "Just channel a bit of that inner hero of yours."

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 08:24:16 AM »
>Smile. If only she knew what she just said.
>"I am quite content to leave such matters to them."

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »
>Smile. If only she knew what she just said.
>"I am quite content to leave such matters to them."

>Never one to let a good idea go to waste, Marissa's grin only broadens as she launches into a grandiose description of "Byakuren the Lotus Fencer!", which you have to admit sounds a lot like a shoujou manga, complete with a pantomime sword fight with one of the four great generals of the shadow blade. You'd laugh a little harder at her antics, were they not striking closer to accurate than she has any idea. She carries on for the better part of a minute, before Rin interrupts her, "Uh, Marissa?"
>"Wha?"
>"You wanted me to listen for that car ear-"
>"It's back?!" Marissa shouts, making Rin flinch slightly.
>"I think so? I think it's comin', there's a car coming...." Rin trails off as Marissa darts past her, throwing the front door open and sticking her head outside. You can't hear anything right away, at least nothing specific beyond the ambient sounds of the city.
>"You sure, girl?" Marissa asks her after a moment.
>"I don't know what dat car sounds like, but I can guess a supercar when I hear one, and I'm pretty sure dere's one comin' dis way."
>"You REALLY su... Hold on." the blonde trails off, cupping her hand around her ear. Sure enough, you start to hear one car's engine above the other noises of the city, a verbose bass shout.
>Marissa beams. "That's her!" she exults as she bounces out the door like a schoolgirl.
>Rin pushes the door shut behind her. "Does she have a... a low gear?" she asks you after a moment's thought for the proper term.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 09:39:58 AM »
>"One doesn't see it often."

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »
>"One doesn't see it often."

>Rin chuckles quietly then gives her vegetables a stir. I was thinkin', she starts, switching to her mental comm line. You can sense magic and powers, better than me or Lily, right?

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 09:54:38 AM »
>That does seem to be the case so far, yes.