Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 64813 times)

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2013, 12:07:00 AM »
It would be nice if I could stop wavering all the time but at least I'm fairly confident with Dan it isn't going to make a difference anyway since nobody trusts him.

It's nice to see IHNN finally posting but I can't make sense of what he's saying either and this time I can't even be confident that it's not just me being dumb. Sometime when my head is clearer I need to go back and give the game a good reread because I don't seem to recall half of what he's talking about.

Right there's this thing.  BBM didn't even have a bad vote though and Cheez defended Serela's logic to make a vote on BBM which included him having to have more than 1 opinion ed1.  fucking word?
I am certain I already covered why this is wrong. You like reusing your arguments, don't you?
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #391 on: November 21, 2013, 12:11:01 AM »
I'm stupid as fuck say it again for NNR and I

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #392 on: November 21, 2013, 12:24:07 AM »
I feel supremely sick

Not sure if I'll be able to keep up for a bit. I have a pounding headache.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #393 on: November 21, 2013, 01:06:45 AM »
I'm back and tired

but I'm reading IHNN's posts and he's still avoiding saying anything even remotely useful and delegating his important stances to using other people's stances for him

deffo preferred lynch whose name isn't ActionDan (whom I'm still waffle city on but for numerous obvious-but-cop-out-tier-reasons pretty much has to be lynched at this point, not that 2/3rds of the game aren't saying he's their preferred lynch anyway so)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #394 on: November 21, 2013, 02:28:21 AM »
I didn't mean to say that you having one opinion was a scumtell. I meant to say that your one opinion being (what I thought was) entirely devoid of good reasons was a scumtell. Saying it was your only opinion so far was just a step along getting to the topic, and it was never the actual point.

I still don't think BBM's vote was all that great but I certainly am not going to say that he needed more than one to not be scum.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #395 on: November 21, 2013, 07:50:53 AM »
I shouldn't still be awake. Tonight has been hard, even given the happy resolution. Apologies to everyone that I'm not participating more than I am.

Neither Dan's ragequit nor Zakeri's posts make me change my mind on them. IHNN is confusing to read, particularly at quarter to 3 in the morning when I have a headache. I need to take a closer look at the stuff with him and NNR and Schezo and Cheez to a lesser extent. No one else comes to mind as a concern, though DNA can still get vigged for all that third party nonsense.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #396 on: November 21, 2013, 07:56:10 AM »
Also I don't think I ever properly answered this.

I guess Kilga's post is supposed to be the answer to the wagon analysis thing he asked about because I'm stupid as fuck about interpreting those things.

My D2 opener was a joke based on last game and BT's joke from D1 this game. I would have added pretty rainbow colors to it but Prims did that already.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #397 on: November 21, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »
I wrestled with this all day. 

##unvote

I've decided I buy Dan's story, because he claimed Miller.  There's a couple of other roles that Dan could have claimed that would have had the same effect.  Remember, Dan didn't kill BT.  Unfortunately, BT was killed by his own ability. 

What else could Dan have claimed?

Paranoid - or some form of paranoid.  This would have been the ideal scum role cover, I think, because it would immediately rule out any further detective/tracking checks on Dan.  Second, if he was really town, claiming Paranoid might prevent the scum from targetting him. But Dan did not pick Paranoid. 

"zomg bus driver" Dan didn't say somebody must have bussed BT from him into a known scum in an attempt to make him look scummy.  It's not implausible.  If I was a scum bus driver and I could see a player who was acting differently to other players, I might assume town would want to check on him.  If I had some kind of ability to change somebody who targetted Dan to target I nominated, it could work.  The main problem with this is that it's not how a traditional bus driver works, and secondly, I expect that if there a 'deflect' type role in play, it would already have been used on a higher profile character - Kilga - on night 1, to make him appear as scum.  (or town I guess).  But Dan did not pick some kind of bus driver shenanigans. 

Dan also did not claim some whacky third party role like serial killer or clockmaker or bombsmith or whatever weird thing you could come up with that would a) would meet BT's requirements for explode death and b) would give us some kind of reason not to lynch him.  Instead he straight up said he is miller. 

The question is, do we buy it?  At this stage, I do.  There was an easy out for Dan.  It's possible that the town may have accepted 'miller' better than paranoid or some other crazy role but coming out and saying he was a miller without declaring on day 1 was basically suicide.  And he has a self-vote.  It looks scummy.  It really does.  However, there's no way out for Dan other than finding a better target than himself. 

If I ignore the role business, my picks for scum at the moment are IHNN and Zakeri.  IHNN chiefly because he didn't contribute anything, his posts have always been 'lets look at the situation, I will do a better analysis later' which never appears, and he popped up in the thread immediately after I first mentioned him on day 1.  I don't think he mentioned anything about having to be afk for a big chunk of day 1 like Dormio did, for example.  I guess it's not required, but the reason he's a scum pick for me is that.  1 - Not contributing.  2 - Pretending to contribute.  3 - Strange chronological behavior.  Scumpick number 2 is Zakeri.  Dormio made a good post about it at the start of day 1, and then there's the hand-holding...thing.  It was just one post.  But it felt contrived or fake.

So, to recap - I am unvoting Dan because I believe he is a miller. 

Let's talk about IHNN. 

IHNN started off ok in RVS voting for ActionDan.  Here is his first actual post in the game.  I actually noticed a bit of banter between Dan and I Have No Name here, starting with 'hey this D1 is hard' and Dan agreeing.  IHNN says he is going to review the day.  Great.  Here's the review

Look closely.  It's not a list of leads.  It's more like cut and paste responses. 
#1 - It talks about Cheez, Serela, and Sky, and Dan's interactions with us.  It doesn't have a feeling either way.  It's just a commentary on what ActionDan has done. 
#2 - Schezo, just...words.  "I see what he did, not sure I understand."  So, ask a question.  It's just too passive.  He is hoping Schezo will read it and deign to answer specifically something fairly vague. 
#3 - Voting Sky for lining up lynches - yes, that is fine.  Mentioning Serela as a way to reinforce it is not.  He could have just said "I am voting Sky for lining up lynches".  That would have achieved the point of his post succinctly. 
#4 - Finally gets around to me. 
#68 reads like commentating, not actually drawing conclusions. 
That's what IHNN says about my post. Strange.  Isn't that...exactly what IHNN's entire post is? 

In the end, IHNN votes for me, but then says "Between Schezo and ActionDan I think I'd rather have Dan lynched, but forming stronger opinions will likely happen D2.".  Hey look, we're at day 2 now.  Let's see what IHNN has to say. 

Post 1

"I don't like ActionDan being 'cleared' (or given a pass) by roles because that's exactly what he did in Idolm@ster mafia, and that turned out to result in him winning as ITP."  This is true. 
"From there, still not liking Sky Paladin that much, likewise with Schezo.  I guess I should look at Zakeri and Cheez some more too, though I wouldn't say it's a guarantee that there's a scum on the Raikaria wagon (I remember a game here, TD Mafia, where I was lynched D1...by 8 town)."  Point 2:  Dislikes Sky, Schezo.  Wants to look at Zakeri and Cheez.  Guess we'll look forward to that analysis later in the day. 
Point 3 - correctly indicated I'd screwed up my vote tallies.  This at least shows he is paying attention to the game - just not the contents of the thread. 

Then there's this -

#1 - What's your reason for saying Cheez8 is town?  Is it just your gut?  You said you were going to look at Zakeri, and Cheez8.  Did you do this?  In that same post, you said you agreed with Dormio's analysis.  Did you do your own analysis also? 

And then, vote on Zakeri. 

Next is this post where IHNN complains that nothing is happening so he can't get reads.  Then he picks the same few people to talk about.  Cheez.  Schezo.  Sky.  Dormio.  Zak.  What about Dan? 
wrt ActionDan: I like how he voted me for saying it was the same as last game, but then Dormio said it was the same thing.  Schezo IIRC agreed with him on that...maybe I'm misinterpreting?  Looks like ActionDan is the likely lynch for the day and if I'm interpreting right it seems pretty damning for Schezo.

Then why are you voting Zakeri at this time, IHNN?  You should be voting for Action Dan if you think you are right! 

And that's essentially the last we hear of IHNN.  He promises that he is going to be around more often now that some other things are out of the way. 

Maybe he's going to show up and surprise me with a great analysis.  If so, I'll be happy to change my vote.  But for now, I'm not satisfied. 

I am now voting IHNN because he was my pick for day 1 scummy behavior.  I --goddamn cut by Kilga, twice. 

##Vote IHNN

I guess I just have one question for Dan - Dan keeps ignoring when I ask about the 'how many scums do you think there are' question he gave explicitly to Cheez8. I want to know what it was about. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #398 on: November 21, 2013, 08:25:42 AM »
Dan, if you turn out to be scum, I will never ever ever ever ever ever believe another word out of your mouth, written or any other form of communication.  Dead to me!!! /rageshakefist

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2013, 08:30:45 AM »
One last thing.  If we do lynch Dan and he turns out to be a real miller, that doesn't automatically make Dormio scum because he was the one who first discovered BT crumb and pushed for it.  Lynching Dan because he claimed miller after the fact is a totally valid reasoning.  If BT hadn't died to this ability, I'm sure he would be in the thread right now asking why we haven't strung him up yet. 

There's some other people who I want to look at - Zakeri and DNA - but I don't want to distract people by posting too many walls.  This will do for now. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #400 on: November 21, 2013, 09:01:35 AM »
>Can't sleep at 3:30 AM
>Decide to check mafia
oh, fun.
I don't think he mentioned anything about having to be afk for a big chunk of day 1 like Dormio did
I didn't know I was going to be AFK for a majority of D1 until it had already happened and I had been AFK.  I even gave my reasons as to why i was away, am I supposed to detail every little thing I do that isn't mafia so that you know when I will and will not be around?
noticed a bit of banter between Dan and I Have No Name
I said something, he agreed.  I didn't respond.  How is this banter?
#1 - What's your reason for saying Cheez8 is town?  Is it just your gut?  You said you were going to look at Zakeri, and Cheez8.  Did you do this?  In that same post, you said you agreed with Dormio's analysis.  Did you do your own analysis also? 
On Cheez yes, it's gut ( I said as much, didn't I?).  I looked at Zakeri, saw nothing that Dormio didn't already cover with more detail and with better explanations than I could.
It's more like cut and paste responses.
This...is not too inaccurate, honestly.  But your complaints on each part of it...it's goal was not to be a list of reads, but to say what I thought of the people likely to be lynched on D1.
#1 - It talks about Cheez, Serela, and Sky, and Dan's interactions with us.  It doesn't have a feeling either way.  It's just a commentary on what ActionDan has done. 
#2 - Schezo, just...words.  "I see what he did, not sure I understand."  So, ask a question.  It's just too passive.  He is hoping Schezo will read it and deign to answer specifically something fairly vague. 
#3 - Voting Sky for lining up lynches - yes, that is fine.  Mentioning Serela as a way to reinforce it is not.  He could have just said "I am voting Sky for lining up lynches".  That would have achieved the point of his post succinctly. 
#4 - Finally gets around to me.
#1: Due to how I made the post (ISOing+reading relevant sections) it's a rather disjointed thought process behind it.  I was stating things that I thought were worth mentioning for being possible anti-town entities-if I were to have proofread it more carefully, I would have added conclusions to it.
#2: I'm a more passive person by nature.  Again-getting what I think out there, thinking about consequences later.
#3: You're misunderstanding me there.  Serela was voting you for that.  He was being attacked for that.  I was not reading Serela as scum.
#4: What's this part then?
Quote from: post you linked
It's...strange, the play overall.  Trying to be different to avoid being pegged scum because scum would want to blend in?

Next is this post where IHNN complains that nothing is happening so he can't get reads.  Then he picks the same few people to talk about.  Cheez.  Schezo.  Sky.  Dormio.  Zak.  What about Dan?
Nothing was happening at the times I was online.  Talking about my scumreads is a bad thing...why?

Then why are you voting Zakeri at this time, IHNN?  You should be voting for Action Dan if you think you are right! 
This is pretty lol though.  It's my vote, I'll put it where I want it and at the time I wanted it on Zakeri over ActionDan.  ActionDan was also very close to a lynch and if he's scum (which I believe), he would have been able to selfhammer and cut off discussion.  Voting Zakeri would also give better results (potentially) than voting for ActionDan-since votes=pressure for content, and ActionDan was already under pressure.  FURTHERMORE, competing wagons make for potential wagon analysis later, which can help catch scum later.  So this point in your case is pretty much just opinion that my vote placement was on the wrong scumread.

Anyways, what makes you think that because he claimed Miller over other roles it's a true claim?  It's the simplest claim he could have done to allay the suspicions of town.  I dislike that he essentially attacked the intelligence of the playerbase by asking "do you know how to play miller?", it's a scummy AtE to get attention off of him.  At this point in time: ##Unvote
##Vote: ActionDan [L-1]
(he's already selfvoting)

I wasn't 100% convinced then.  I am now.  (the selfvote&following posts feel like scum caught in a lie, it could be indignant town but I'm doubtful with how Dan's played in other games).

Has DNA even been here at all today?  It's never good when you forget a player is playing and that's 2 this game (DNA&SB).

Serela, I don't see a reason for voting me anywhere.
Anyway on my way out the door but I realized I'm fairly sure I'm at least informed enough to safely so I'm good with
##Vote IHNN
Any reason why other than 'uninspired sheeping' (noting a case on someone I have an outside reason to suspect with nothing I can add to it)?

oh and Dormio is scum faking his stream of shit.
What makes you believe this?  If you're actually town you'd want to give reasons for it, right?  (disclaimer: even when I didn't have reasons I at least said something to the effect of "I don't have a solid reason, this is gut").  Dan simply states that people are scum or town with 0 explanation-and gets away with it because it's not a listpost but several posts.

Finally, I'd like to note this-still very mentally drained from dealing with 2 massive debates simultaneously.  Should be more mentally capable on D3.

Well, looks like making a huge mafia post is a good way to get from  :getdown: to tired.  Night people.

« Reply #401 on: November 21, 2013, 01:43:44 PM »
Uhh, I looked again, and I don't think Dormio can be scum with Dan, so I'm fully convinced of two scum on Raikaria's wagon, which narrows it back down to SB, Kilgamayan, Sky Paladin, Schezo, and Cheez8 (And I also noticed I forgot to mention Cheez8's existence on the list last time I pointed it out, so uhh, sorry).

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #402 on: November 21, 2013, 01:44:07 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: IHNN

Perhaps the reason I think Dormio is scum is because I went about explicitly addressing his bogus case on why he thinks I am scum.  I mean if you care to read posts by me that should have been obvious.

@Sky: the reason I was questioning Cheez was because I could.  There's no motive beyond asking a question to get a response.  It helped that I had my vote on him at the time.  people are more pliable to demands when that is the case. 

Also #SMH at Kilga.  Do you really think that I should take things calmly when the entire rest of everybody has either been screaming for my head or otherwise are ambivalent?  That's pretty rough.  I can expect doubt, but I'm not going to expect absolutely no one to even believe me.  I am a town miller afterall. 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #403 on: November 21, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »
also it's ironic kilga you want to vig Dark when he claimed vig

Don't lynch me.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #404 on: November 21, 2013, 03:06:11 PM »
If you think it's that hopeless I think you should be spending your time pointing out as much as you see as possible and not saying things that can get townies riled up and focused on yelling at you in anger instead of doing scumhunting of their own.

I completely missed DNA's claim. I haven't been in a good position to read things that are not immediately important for pretty much the entire day. <_<; Lemme go back and check his posts for that claim.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #405 on: November 21, 2013, 03:12:18 PM »
Ah, so he did claim a two-shot vig. Guess that's enough to remove him entirely from my Persons of Interest list for the time being.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #406 on: November 21, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »
It occurs to me that I should spend my lunch break looking back for people voting for Dan that haven't expressed much interest in pursuing anyone else. That should be in about 2.5 hours.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #407 on: November 21, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »
Zakeri: are you crumbing what I think you're crumbing?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #408 on: November 21, 2013, 06:03:24 PM »
In the little rereaing I got in I noticed that DNA has very few posts today and they're all vitriol in Dan's direction. There's an assertion that Dormio is scum as well but not nearly the amount of effort as would be necessary to propose a Dormio/Dan scum team was put into that assertion so it might as weol not exist, and I have no idea who else DNA thinks is scum. This fits the profile of scummy behaviour surrounding a generally-agreed-upon target perfectly and suddenly makes me a lot more irritated with that vig claim because it's a pretty publicly provable claim. I don't really want to call DNA scum until he starts not making good on his claim but I kinda really do want to call him scum otherwise.

Back to work! ._.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #409 on: November 21, 2013, 09:10:17 PM »
I was about to ISO schezo but he has none of the text things around his avatar nor a nickname bar so I can't ctrl+f his posts :c I guess I'll do Zakeri in a minute instead
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #410 on: November 21, 2013, 09:41:34 PM »
Someone said something about me assuming 3 scum and that there could be an SK; yeah, there could be, but it wouldn't apply to trying to find scum in VCA- an SK still isn't scum and in VCA is effectively another townie. Also, it's not unimaginable that there'd be 4 scum, but IMO that's unlikely in a game this size? In any case even if I said 4 scum my point would still stand :V

IHNN I'm not sure why you're questioning my vote on you. I voted you because you were doing next to nothing. You had scumspects but admitted to having literally no reasons why they were scum. Your vote was a sheep. You said a few other things but they had pretty much no impact on anything that mattered. So yes, I had more reasons then "because sheeping"!

You just made a big post but it's more or less completely defense, so you still haven't done anything remotely townie-looking :V Vote stays!

and posting this for the sake of posting before I actually do that zakeri reread thing

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #411 on: November 21, 2013, 09:47:52 PM »
Either way, are you going to say that you're of the opinion that millers shouldn't claim immediately? That they should forever hold their tongue (until they get copped) about giving bad investigative results.
I'm just going to put i tout there that this was never addressed. :derp:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #412 on: November 21, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »
in terms of my number thing; 4 scum meaning 4v11 means town only gets 3 mislynches, even if there's, say, a successful doc/jail preventing one nightkill. 3 mislynches with those kind of numbers sounds terrible, and ontop of that the weak tracker means town could get ONLY TWO MISLYNCHES. And there's the 2-shot vig ontop of that, if he shot wrong twice town could literally get endgamed n2 :V Yes, that's an extenuating circumstance, but more or less 4 scum in this setup would be ridiculous IMO.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #413 on: November 21, 2013, 09:50:33 PM »
Minor Votals
ActionDan (5) - Schezo, Dormio, Darkninjaabc, Cheez8, I have no name
Zakeri (2) - Kilgamayan, Serious Bananas
I have no name (3) - , Serela, Sky_Paladin, ActionDan
Not Voting (2): , Zakeri, NekoNekoRex

27 hours.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #414 on: November 21, 2013, 10:22:58 PM »
Oh wow Zak's d1 feels hilariously backwards. He starts the day using reasoning for his votes and then does less and less as he goes through the day until there isn't any. At the end of the day he asks me some questions but it doesn't really lead to anything, so it doesn't count for much.

And he hasn't done anything today but "well, looking at the votecounts, two of the people voting raikaria are scum" so >_>

It's pretty similar to why I'm voting IHNN. Would totes also lynch.

This is depressing for a reason I'll tell you all later.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #415 on: November 21, 2013, 11:23:09 PM »
Slept 15 hours today, hope to sleep more soon. Still sick. Will catch up or something, hopefully
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #416 on: November 21, 2013, 11:38:23 PM »
Got a little bit of time to read D2 from a place that is not work with a device that is not a phone with a tinyass screen. Random musings:

- If Dan does somehow turn out to be town I'll be looking at IHNN first and foremost for that incredibly non-committal stance on the role shens in #321. His assessment of the situation left him wide open to go in either direction depending on how the day progressed.

- I don't know who NNR thinks is scum outside of Dan and that worries me. Doubly so because he wishes death pretty hard on DNA in #333, but posts several times in a row after DNA's vig claim without acknowledging the claim or even that DNA exists. I realize I'm not in a position to be pointing fingers over missing DNA's claim but DNA was apparently really high up on NNR's scumread list so I can't imagine why he'd just gloss over DNA's claim post if he legitimately suspects DNA. There's also the matter of the unvote of Dan that isn't followed by a vote for anyone else.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #417 on: November 21, 2013, 11:48:30 PM »
To be fair on NNR, I missed the vig claim too >.>

irl stuff made me feel like shit so sorry for not really doing anything today

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #418 on: November 21, 2013, 11:53:41 PM »
I'm in the missed the claim party yeah.

I never actually found the post, I'm just assuming that you all aren't having a mass hallucination and that he really did >_>

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #419 on: November 21, 2013, 11:54:21 PM »
Well, yeah, and I missed it too, but neither you nor I proclaimed a desire for DNA's head like NNR did. I'd think he'd be paying more attention to the posts of the people he wants dead if he was town.

Cut by see above.