Author Topic: Justice Juice Mafia Thread I (NIGHT 3)  (Read 104702 times)

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
Re: Justice Juice Mafia (DAY 1)
« Reply #450 on: November 03, 2013, 02:45:44 AM »
Yell at people not voting for her to vote for her over you, maybe?

This^^

It feels more and more like Serela and Shadoweh are scumbuddies. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #451 on: November 03, 2013, 02:49:53 AM »
I don't really see how that's supposed to work in this case, and I'm used to yelling at people while they ignore me on a regular basis (kaori/uesugi in swordgirls, rawr in whichever mafia game he was scum that did literally nothing and somehow EVERYONE QUICKLYNCHED ME D4 OR SO BEFORE I POSTED A SINGLE TIME because saying rawr was scum was so terrible apparently, oh yes welcome to nhk)

I could keep going but no point etc

I could ask why PX is voting me over Shadoweh, but when it comes down to it, Shadoweh is a lurker lynch and I've actually done things people can point at and complain about and I can't really defend against them any more then I already have. It's kind of a "decide what you want to lynch" point. I've run out of extra things I can do to try to prove I'm townie through providing content AFAIK

The reluctance of Serela and Shadoweh to contest each other is really a big red flag for me, especially as they are, now, both up for lynch. 
ugh

I am so unreluctant to go after shadoweh
I was voting her before I gave up and only stopped because all interest in her seemed to go down the toilet and numerous people declared a non-serela lynch a lost cause and left.

And it's so annoying how many people saying "serela's not even trying to stop it" when I've been trying like mad the past several hours.

Anyway, there's enough votes for me to hammer myself now, and even after the recent boost of willingness to lynch shadoweh, the two voteswitches onto me seem to have pretty cemented the deal here. >_> There's no way it's not ending like this.

##Vote Serela
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #452 on: November 03, 2013, 02:51:32 AM »
Lol jk. I feel like they'll both flip town so back to voting scum.

vote SB

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #453 on: November 03, 2013, 02:54:14 AM »
I'm wrong no matter what.  Either he's a towny and I should have gone with my gut feeling from the start of the day, or he's scum and I was wrong about my meta reasoning.  I don't feel good either way. 
I do a lot of being wrong about things anyway so you don't really have to worry about that.

oh yeah and
It's entirely possible they're scum together and are trying distancing tactics. I would be 0% surprised if they were scumbuddies, Gensokyo Holy War jokes aside.
I do realize this now, but I had completely failed to notice what I was saying earlier in the first place and so once I noticed it I posted it like it was some sort of important and meaningful revelation when in reality it was probably what people could observe if their brains functioned properly for about half a minute.

Cut...
wait isn't that it for the day though
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #454 on: November 03, 2013, 02:57:17 AM »
You're allowed to keep talking until the flips and night is announced according to the rules, but yes, the day should be over now.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #455 on: November 03, 2013, 02:57:55 AM »
welp
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #456 on: November 03, 2013, 02:58:20 AM »
don't regret it because px not voting me wouldn't have done anything but slightly delayed the inevitable >_> There was nowhere near enough support for a shadoweh lynch over me, at least not from people ACTUALLY PRESENT

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #457 on: November 03, 2013, 02:59:29 AM »
Serela/Shadowy/SB STotY 2013 see you all in the graveyard probably

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #458 on: November 03, 2013, 03:02:18 AM »
Oh, cool. And uh... hm.

I probably won't know how to feel about this outcome until the flip comes, honestly. And then I still won't for a while.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #459 on: November 03, 2013, 03:04:46 AM »
For what my totally unreliable word is worth, I really am town!

Wish I could have hammered myself before Paladin unvoted the first time because the rest of the day practically felt like me getting prodded with a stick to conform to expectations that there was no way for me to actually live up to.

BUT I DIGRESS

I AM OUT OF THIS GAME

YESSSSSSS GOODBYE

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #460 on: November 03, 2013, 03:05:13 AM »
I don't really see how that's supposed to work in this case, and I'm used to yelling at people while they ignore me on a regular basis (kaori/uesugi in swordgirls, rawr in whichever mafia game he was scum that did literally nothing and somehow EVERYONE QUICKLYNCHED ME D4 OR SO BEFORE I POSTED A SINGLE TIME because saying rawr was scum was so terrible apparently, oh yes welcome to nhk)

I could keep going but no point etc

I could ask why PX is voting me over Shadoweh, but when it comes down to it, Shadoweh is a lurker lynch and I've actually done things people can point at and complain about and I can't really defend against them any more then I already have. It's kind of a "decide what you want to lynch" point. I've run out of extra things I can do to try to prove I'm townie through providing content AFAIK
ugh

I am so unreluctant to go after shadoweh
I was voting her before I gave up and only stopped because all interest in her seemed to go down the toilet and numerous people declared a non-serela lynch a lost cause and left.

And it's so annoying how many people saying "serela's not even trying to stop it" when I've been trying like mad the past several hours.

Anyway, there's enough votes for me to hammer myself now, and even after the recent boost of willingness to lynch shadoweh, the two voteswitches onto me seem to have pretty cemented the deal here. >_> There's no way it's not ending like this.

##Vote Serela

HAMMER SHUT UP STOP VOTING

Votecount at this point:

Votecount 1.9 recurring

Serela (7): Dormio, Validon98, Polaris, Darkninjaabc, PX, Serela, Sky_Paladin

Darkninjaabc (2): CF7, SB
Shadoweh (2): Kilgamayan, Cheez8,
CF7 (1): Shadoweh

It's 7 votes to lynch.

Twilight will be until BT posts the flip. [Gotta align phases to timezones for mods.]

No Flip till BT gets on for the above reason.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:07:32 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #461 on: November 03, 2013, 03:16:46 AM »
If I lived to day 2 I likely would have requested a replacement anyway.

Unless maybe if the real lynch flipped scum, because then everyone (except darkie) would probably leave me alone, and since after a day or two (irl time) I probably would have gotten over it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #462 on: November 03, 2013, 03:20:20 AM »
Unless maybe if the real lynch flipped scum, because then everyone (except darkie) would probably leave me alone
actually no because everyone is talking about shadoweh+serela scumbuddies ^_______________________________________^

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #463 on: November 03, 2013, 05:12:51 AM »
Six pages? Good thing I don't have to read any of them.

This flip is sponsored by the above message.

Welcome to Justice Juice Mafia, Serela! You're Bushido Banana. You're the best fighter of your kind, combining tactics, strength and appeal. You also have a thing against those smartasses with the hi-tech machinery, though you plan on pulling your weight here whatever happens. It's obvious that stopping the scumbags comes first.

Your role is Town Best Pal. Having been an acquaitance of [snipped] for a long time, you've decided to crack this case together. For as long as both of you are alive, you must vote the same person for your votes to count. [snipped] is played by Polaris.

You win when all evildoers are eliminated.

It is now Night 1. Uh it's going to be a problem updating in exactly 24 hours so send all actions in 23 hours.
(Countdown)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #464 on: November 03, 2013, 05:54:50 AM »
Quote from: bars
CF7 - 982
Darkninjaabc - 582
PX - 468
Validon98 - 443
Everyone else - 400

(This is for the start of D2.)

Public service announcement: Second post is updated with all VCs for convenience.

BT

• I never talk to you
Re: Justice Juice Mafia (NIGHT 1)
« Reply #465 on: November 03, 2013, 06:46:07 PM »
NekoNekoRex replaces CF7. Deadline in 9 hours and 15 minutes.

BT

• I never talk to you
Re: Justice Juice Mafia (NIGHT 1)
« Reply #466 on: November 04, 2013, 04:18:06 AM »
You're awake, but barely - the alarm clock had issues. Unfortunately, one resident seems to be missing.

(It's SB.)

Welcome to Justice Juice Mafia, SB! You're Omnipresent Onion. You're a potent medium whose power transcends dimensions. Though you may not eavesdrop on conversations, you can communicate with distant others effortlessly. You can basically act like a big transmitter for your own sound waves, but you don't like to think of yourself that way.

Your role is Town Restless Spirit. Should you be sent to the next dimension in the sky by an evil kill, you will still be able to project your votes to the thread normally. (and only votes - don't abuse the system!) As death is kind of a big deal, this will last one full day, after which you'll finally rest in peace.

You win when all evildoers are eliminated.

Votecount 2.1

Not Voting: (11) Sky_Paladin, Darkninjaabc, SB, NekoNekoRex, Cheez8, Validon98, Dormio, PX, Kilgamayan, Shadoweh, Polaris

Day 2 lasts 73 hours and requires a majority of 6 votes to lynch.
(Countdown)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:24:01 AM by BT »

Re: Justice Juice Mafia (DAY 2)
« Reply #467 on: November 04, 2013, 04:20:24 AM »
It's night phase and though I would really like to sit around and listen to Kyoukai no Kanata OP/ED while wallowing in despair until the day phase starts, I guess I'm obligated to prepare some sort of opening wall post to start off at the beginning of the day phase as is the accepted standard these days.

Opening

First off I suppose I should apologize to Serela because I know being mislynched feels bad so I promised myself to show sympathy to all those who I end up mislynching. Hopefully things will go better for you next time! (Of course, hammering yourself is 100% scum no matter the circumstances so I am tempted to say that BT is a bastard mod for including a Scum Best Pal Death Godmother in the game.)

Let's proceed forward to some inconsequential setup discussion/speculation before we get to the anything important, but the Best Pal role was kind of a handicap for town so it sure would've been an interesting plot twist if one of the pals was a scumbag who had some control over the votes made but I guess that wasn't the case. Perhaps it was just worse than it could have been because the supposed Best Pals were at odds with each other from the very beginning. At least I have control over my own vote now. ^_^V

If you're reading for content then you've probably skipped the entire section above which is totally ok because now it's time for the important stuff to happen.

Shadoweh

I get the feeling I don't even need to explain the matter regarding Shadoweh, but I suppose I should do so because a higher power is telling me that it's a good idea. First of all, Shadoweh parks her vote on CF7 with no reasoning other than her own intuition, which shouldn't even need to be said is untrustworthy, because I'm sure that Shadoweh is also not a clairvoyant. Unless Shadoweh would like to tell us about her newfound psychic powers, which would be pretty cool.

The end of day pseudoclimax shows that Shadoweh does not seem very concerned about lynching scum or even her own survival. I hope it isn't exaggerating to say that Shadoweh was the counterwagon to Serela, and yet Shadoweh has little to say other than she could see her own wagon happening, implying that she would let it happen if it did. I also don't like how she uses meta arguments and WIFOM as excuses. Her general disinterest in scumhunting feels very untowny in general and, as much as I would like to be lenient for extenuating circumstances, I feel that Shadoweh could show a better effort as town even in spite of whatever is happening.

##Vote Shadoweh

(removed an entire section on SB because he ended up being the NK but if not for that I would've had THREE people for scum ok)

PX

Another person who has something going on in Real Life that I have to account for, but what bothers me is PX's attempt to switch off Serela after contributing to the wagon, saying that he didn't think Serela was scum in the first place. What's the deal with that? Could PX be scum with knowledge of alignments who decided to jump off the Serela wagon to avoid the repercussions of voting town with no real reason? What are PX's true intentions? And most importantly, what is the meaning behind this picture of PX holding hands with a girl in front of Disney World? Find out the answers to these questions in next week's episode of... Justice Juice Mafia!

Honorable mentions

CF7 could be scum but it is fairly impossible to tell since he is MIA and all that. Hopefully NNR can pick things up for him.

Validon is unremarkable and needs to start Posting More Things. I can't give bonus points for "being on Serela" anymore because he ended up flipping town, so do your best, Validon.

I dunno what to say about Cheez, Sky Palladium, and Dormio but I figure I should mention them for posterity. It really depends on where things go from here for them. Kilga and Darkninja can also fall under this category. I shouldn't need to say Post More Things but do so anyway so that there's more to look at.

Closing

I didn't plan anything for a proper closing so I'll just say some platitudinal stuff for the sake of ending things on a positive note. Don't lose hope, everyone. You must not give into despair. If we all work together, we can pull through this with the power of friendship. You can do it if you believe in yourself. Don't give up.

« Reply #468 on: November 04, 2013, 04:22:06 AM »
Actually NK analysis might be feasible here. SB is kind of a weird choice for the kill so I might have to rethink my overnight Shadoweh vote.

« Reply #469 on: November 04, 2013, 04:23:09 AM »
Rather I might have to rethink my entire scum picks.

« Reply #470 on: November 04, 2013, 04:24:23 AM »
i regret even bothering to prepare a post beforehand i hate you all

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #471 on: November 04, 2013, 04:27:04 AM »
Yeah I want to bludgeon Shadowy in the face for her D1 but I think she'd be beyond stupid to kill SB.

I'm back to thinking Validon right now, he and PX stuck out the most to me in terms of the people on the Serela wagon. I might have to rethink Dormio too. Gimme a moment to compare them again before casting my pre-bed vote. Shadowy and SB were actually my top two day-opening choices and seeing SB die kind of throws a wrench into that.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #472 on: November 04, 2013, 04:32:23 AM »
SB was a prime suspect for being scum.  Therefore killing him was probably a vig-hit.  Then, where was the night kill from scum?  I don't get it.  Maybe it went on somebody bulletproof or they were afk (*cough* CF7). 

I am going to Kobe in about 5 minutes so I don't have time to put up anything; I'll be back in about six hours and say stuff then. 

About Serela - My scum picks were Shadoweh, SB and CF7.  SB is dead.  CF7 got subbed for NekoNekoRex so that's kind of oh well.  The reason I voted for Serela in the end was because he had posted something like fifty times without any meaningful content other than "dont vote for me, wait until (some other people have put up a reason to vote for them instead)" and was basically just...posting...over and over and over.  The water had become so muddy it was basically impossible to do any kind of good read on other players.  I think if Serela had actually stopped posting it would have allowed people to focus on other suspects like Shadoweh.  In the end I feel Serela basically got killed because they posted so many times nobody else could get a word in, and Serela ignored good suggestions from other players about how they could get out of it.  I want to feel bad because I was involved in a mislynch but I feel relief instead for 'thank God that noise is out of the way.'  So that's bad. 

Anyway. 

I'm voting for Shadoweh for now; I'll be back in a few hours to do another read. 

##Vote Shadoweh

Also, about SB - note that in his role ability it says 'by an evil kill'.  Maybe he can't vote if killed by town?

Well SB, try and put in a vote and see if you can - if you can't do it, then we know it was a teamkill, and CF7/Neko is now suspicious. 
If you CAN vote, then town needs to think why on earth scum would have gone for SB over the many other obvious candidates, eg, half of town who thought SB was scum...
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #473 on: November 04, 2013, 04:33:56 AM »
Then again I don't know why PX would kill SB when attacking SB was like 90% of his activity yesterday and it wouldn't have been hard to make a continued SB case today.

Lemme tentatively throw a ##Vote: Validon down right now while I do that quick review.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #474 on: November 04, 2013, 04:36:38 AM »
So I am here

I like brownies

In fact I ate so many that I am currently experencing  a sugar buss the liked of which no man has ever experiencedc

I had gut on kilga but to be honest I only skimmed like half the thread, I do better when I'm actually in the muck of things

I will be back when I am done being the hyperest thing on te plante
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #475 on: November 04, 2013, 04:38:25 AM »
Honestly Dormio still sticks out to me as one of the biggest offenders out of the Serela votes (and town in general but especially in light of Serela's flip.) Maybe Validon or PX too but it's not like either of them have really posted enough so far.

I'm also secretly hoping Darkie says something incriminating beyond a doubt because he really does not inspire confidence as a townie. It'd be really convenient for him to slip up but sadly he can only really slip up and prove he's scum if he's scum and that's kind of a long shot.

Geez what was with SB being on everybody's scumpicks yesterday? I mean he seemed vaguely suspect to me but that was it.

« Reply #476 on: November 04, 2013, 04:40:35 AM »
^ Sky Palladium brings up a pretty good point. If SB was not, in fact, the NK then that would change things.

From pure NK analysis (with the assumption that SB is the NK), though, I'd agree with Kilga that Validon looks bad and PX is probably not scum.

##Unvote
##Vote Validon

Was also thinking Cheez and Darkninja, and CF7/NNR is basically a black hole in terms of alignment so there's that.
aaragharrgahgarhga i hate everything

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #477 on: November 04, 2013, 04:44:33 AM »
SB was a prime suspect for being scum.  Therefore killing him was probably a vig-hit.  Then, where was the night kill from scum?  I don't get it.  Maybe it went on somebody bulletproof or they were afk (*cough* CF7).
...Are you implying that CF7 counted for the entirety of the scum team?

Well SB, try and put in a vote and see if you can - if you can't do it, then we know it was a teamkill, and CF7/Neko is now suspicious. 
If you CAN vote, then town needs to think why on earth scum would have gone for SB over the many other obvious candidates, eg, half of town who thought SB was scum...
Yeah, SB is kind of a boggling nightkill. Personally, I kind of have to wonder if a bus driver is around (not sure how common they are but I'm too used to them.) If it was the intended scum kill, I dunno. Maybe they realized that SB is pretty smart and figured with so many people suspecting him for some reason they could take him out without running the risk of interference before he becomes a greater threat.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #478 on: November 04, 2013, 04:47:11 AM »
That really just leaves Serela. To be honest I was thinking him as null at the start, but I'm worried about his lack of content that is relevant. Plus I still can't shake the potential of him and Polaris being ITP. Of course, if they were, it would be too obvious, and between the two of the Polaris seems definitely more town. Unless something else comes up with someone else:

##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

Yeah I'm okay with calling Validon scum-on-the-townie-wagon in light of this. The mentioning of the lack of content is nothing special at that point, and it's the only actual legitimate argument (the whole third party/Polaris thing is part-third-party-nonsense and part-filler). There is also this:

My vote is still on Serela for now because I'm not overly convinced by his recent efforts, but I'm willing to change to SB, maybe Shadoweh although I'm not entirely sure about her.

Which does nothing to explain further why Serela is scummy and also leaves Validon open to switch to two other possible wagons with similarly little reasoning for doing so.

Basically Validon spent nearly all of his posts trying to look more active and helpful than he actually did, and he was notably absent for most of the second half of the day, which, while possibly for outside circumstances, does not give him anything anyone can point at as late-in-the-day decisive action of any kind.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #479 on: November 04, 2013, 04:47:58 AM »
Am here expect dogpile you'll have to wait at least a few more hours for things that are more important then all ya'll sorry.
SB as a kill is mind-boggling.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia