Author Topic: Justice Juice Mafia Thread I (NIGHT 3)  (Read 102882 times)

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
Re: Justice Juice Mafia (DAY 1)
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »
Hummmm. Somehow i'm not sure if we're playing the same mafia game. Shadoweh posts.
You're not suposed to count the words yourselves guys, just let the pain flow naturally.
Also I was asleep, my blankets were sooooooo comfy!
##Vote: Dormio For being delicious.
First post.
You are so precious.
Dormio: You called me a vile fruit. But the fruit are the townies, not the scum. Scumslip much? I rest my case. Lynch the venomous vegan!
Answer to Sky_Paladin post. Who actually voted no_lynch.

So either you confused her quote for her actual post or :derp:
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2013, 03:25:09 PM »
oy, potatoes aren't juicy

And I gave you a reason, Darkie. The way I interpreted Shadoweh's post is different than the way you did, and frankly I'm having trouble managing to interpret it the way you claim it's meant. (Of course, that could just be my unfamiliarity showing. Doubtful though.) I read her statement more as a comment on Paladin's character rather than his decision to not vote for someone. Nothing about that seems scummy to me at all.

While I understand D1 is the most acceptable time to accidentally lynch a townie, that doesn't mean we should jump on the first wagon that pops up. You said earlier that D1 is the best time for scumhunting because it forces everyone to swap gears on demand. Even if I disagree as to why, I still agree that people's actions and decisions on D1 are pretty important in the long run for figuring out who's with who. If that's the case, what reason would you have for wanting to end D1 as quickly as possible? I'm serious here. That only gives the town less info to work with.

I haven't used logic much because I haven't been making real cases so far, and I didn't use it in my response because it was too simple: I thought you were mistaken. Not much more to explain there, though I've tried my best here.

Essentially, I fail to see how Shadoweh's post supports a no-lynch, and it looks like I'm not alone. And I have thought about this, thank you.

Anyway, I think I'm going to really be suspicious of you for the time being.

aagh and now CF7 posts, I'm just going to post this first and reply to that afterwards. Sheesh, I take too long.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »
Oh yeah that's right, Shadoweh isn't going the no lynch route anyway. Another mark against her supporting a no lynch attitude, as far as I'm concerned.

This certainly doesn't mean she's town or anything, of course, but what you're seeing is really just a null tell and you're misreading it something fierce.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2013, 03:39:13 PM »
another thing
Basically shadoweh told us was that''you guys shouldn't jump on wagons''.
As far as I'm concerned this is the correct attitude to have. Thinking is better than jumping on a wagon without thinking. Jumping on one AFTER thinking about it is different, but after thinking about it, I see no reason to jump on the Shadoweh wagon.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2013, 03:43:45 PM »
Thanks for your swifr response on demand.

I guess i will digest that properly and further elaborate tomorrow.
Reread imminent.

But meanwhile i must clarify that i am not pushing day end. Through speculation and accusation one reveals information of the one being. And theres that you are taking everything i said at face value.
They are not.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
Moreover speculating who the scum are is radically different from ending the day. Arey you actually aruging for that we should all keep our reads to ourselves?

I would also point out that i have cancelled my vote against shadow. So that was an empty accusation on your part

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2013, 04:00:22 PM »
But meanwhile i must clarify that i am not pushing day end. Through speculation and accusation one reveals information of the one being. And theres that you are taking everything i said at face value.
They are not.
Understood, I'll reconsider as well. Sorry to say I'm still going to keep my eye on you for a bit, since I still have a bit of suspicion towards you. It's nothing I'm willing to act on yet though.

Moreover speculating who the scum are is radically different from ending the day. Arey you actually aruging for that we should all keep our reads to ourselves?
Haha, no. That would be dumb. I'd question where the heck you got that idea but unless you're not convinced I don't see a reason to make a debate out of something we agree on.

I would also point out that i have cancelled my vote against shadow. So that was an empty accusation on your part
True, but you did say you're still suspicious of her and mostly want to avoid quick hammers.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
(although yes I did entirely forget you cancelled that vote, whoops)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »
Btw i dont know how to put this but your arguments are weird. But atm i am too sleepy to wall nor think.

Getting sleep

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »
CF7,  if you think that Dormio is scummy for spamposting, why are you not voting him for it? Same with Cheez on Dark. You should really get an avatar btw.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dark

Why are you taking Shadoweh's early posts so seriously? It seemed pretty obvious that she was just joking around. I'm also not sure why you want people to consolidate on RVS wagons when they're not particularly threatening since none of the votes mean anything. You're not really gonna get a reaction out of anyone with them.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2013, 06:40:42 PM »
I don't actually appreciate no-lynches at all. Most experienced players here don't! Hence why Sky Paladin suggesting one is a good idea is adorable.

##Unvote
##Vote: Darkninja

I also didn't tell anyone not to jump on wagons. I clearly attacked onto a wagon myself, so I find your misrepresentation to be scummy.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »
CF7,  if you think that Dormio is scummy for spamposting, why are you not voting him for it? Same with Cheez on Dark. You should really get an avatar btw.

Mostly because I haven't had it in mind yet to go through his posts again and the things that I had noticed in his posts weren't really that scummy. Honestly though, what he said at the end about taking his posts at face value when I wasn't even going to vote for him did make me a little bit suspicious about why he felt the need to defend himself.

I feel bad about voting on such a whim, but... well, it is Day 1, isn't it? Might as well.
##Unvote
##Vote: Darkninja

Anyway, righto, avatar time. Soon. ish.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2013, 07:08:44 PM »
Well I looked through the thread on my offtime at school (although I avoided posting because holy crap TOR is the slowest thing ever, the only real use it has is to read the thread periodically so that I don't get overwhelmed by content when I get home), and I'm getting irked at a few people, although to be honest really none of them have been too irksome to really cause me to go for them. Dormio is being overly loquacious without saying much of anything, probably to avoid the problems associated with the effort bar. It would be better if those 400 words were made up of actual content, not wordy slapfights with Shadoweh over flavor (which, by the way, BT mentioned doesn't really matter because again, the flavor just gives a theme, it doesn't always imply alignment). Sky_Paladin irks me a lot with his decision to go no lynch over merely unvoting. It might just be a rookie mistake or something like that, but voting no lynch on D1 is a super bad idea. Information is gathered better in D2 onwards if at least there is one lynch so that there is a flip. I'll be paying attention to you, Sky. Dark also troubles me somewhat because he implied something about Shadoweh that she never really said regarding supporting a no lynch. Town or scum, I never have really known Shadoweh for NOT pursuing some sort of lynch D1. You're being tryhard again, Dark. That said, I don't think Cheez's arguments necessarily make him town, but they certainly don't make him scummy either. So null.
Of course, I'm not ready to vote on any of these. D1 has always been a "take things with a grain of salt" thing for me, seeing as it always seems we manage to lynch town instead of scum D1 over something silly or that appears to be scummy but really isn't.

##Unvote

Until there's more content to parse that's preferably not RVS-related stuff, I won't vote for anyone.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »
SB, I must ask that you partake in explaining why it is so that taking early posts so seriously is such a bad manner? Because as far as I see it, early posts can be an important aspect of moving on with the game so that we stop dilly dallying forever.

As for the mister... cheez... why are you partaking in this silly little wagon on dark?

And for Validon, I would parse that nice little block of  :wikipedia: you have, but that ugly little thing does quite some damage to my eyes.

Vote SB

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2013, 07:42:39 PM »
Votecount 1.3

Shadoweh (1): Dormio
PX (1): CF7
Dormio (0): Serela
Darkninjaabc (3): SB, Shadoweh, Cheez8
SB (1): PX
No Lynch (1): Sky_Paladin

Not Voting: (4)  Kilgamayan, Polaris; Darkninjaabc, Validon98

Day 1 lasts 72 hours and requires a majority of 7 votes to lynch.
(Countdown)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:58:47 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2013, 08:23:14 PM »
I have outed the vile and foul Shadoweh and exposed her true rotten core. You, and any others that may or may not be somewhat confused so as to regarding the current state of affairs, should simply believe in the one that shall be heralded as a champion for decades to come and assist me in my endeavour to slay the poorly fermented Shadoweh.
You are so precious.
Dormio: You called me a vile fruit. But the fruit are the townies, not the scum. Scumslip much? I rest my case. Lynch the venomous vegan!

Because posts like these don't contribute anything at all as far as indicating alignment goes. Commenting on early stuff is important, but spamposts in RVS are pretty much a nulltell and voting someone for pretty obvious jokeposts is bad imo.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2013, 08:27:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Shadoweh is laughing as hard as I am right now about people taking my posts seriously. That does, however, lead me to a couple of interesting responses. In particular, Darkninjaabc's response is one that reeks of somebody trying too hard. Like, you know, trying to tack on reasons that aren't there. However, since a bunch of other people are already voting him for it, I don't think that there's really much need for me to add to that for now.
I'll read more once I'm back from classes.

Anyway, waiting for a couple of people to do that thing where they actually post. People like Serela, Kilga, and Polly-kun.

Dormio's still talking far too much for what he's saying though.
Also, Cheez8 is clearly unfamiliar with Meiya.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »
You know, I want to start calling Sky_Paladin "Sky_Palladium" and Cheez8 "Cheezoid".

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2013, 08:51:55 PM »
Something the new people might need to know:Day 1 usually starts by everyone jokevoting everyone else with no real reasoning and everyone just kind of messes around. Somehow this consistently turns into actual half-reasonable discussion within 12 or so hours. Or at least less then 24 >_>

My reaction upon coming back from work and seeing the posts from the recently-joined-mafia-here people was just "oh god why?!" XD

Anyway I'll reread some of the less silly posts from here so I can make a vote that isn't a complete joke, since there should be enough for a somewhat-not-baseless accusation now :D
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »
##vote dormio again for being meiya

okay no

But yeah all the things I can see are either A.Making a vote that I can explain but seriously do not believe in at all (Example:Dark taking obvious jokeposts seriously and doing silly stuff as a result) or B.In addition to being A, it relies on useless and easily-circular logic (Voting SB for saying Dark's posts are bad, voting PX for voting SB for saying Dark's posts are bad)

I'M JUST GOING TO KEEP VOTING MEIYA
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
Noting Serela's refusal to make any real opinion of his own.
Also noting that I might be late for class.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »
all the half-decent opinions I could see are the ones I pointed out and I super don't care about any of them

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2013, 09:30:57 PM »
Also, Cheez8 is clearly unfamiliar with Meiya.
Somehow I get the feeling I don't need to be familiar.

As for the mister... cheez... why are you partaking in this silly little wagon on dark?
I have a very weak reason to be slightly suspicious of Dark. So far, I have less reason to be suspicious of anybody else. Far as I can tell it doesn't really matter, though I guess it's a little bit inconvenient that between the time I realized I wanted to vote for him and the time I actually did vote for him two other people did the same. I wouldn't call it a wagon though, and if it does become a wagon before I'm convinced enough you can bet I'm taking my vote back.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »
...Okay yeah, never mind. As much as there is to make me suspicious of Darkie, I really can't shake the feeling I get of a person who's just trying way too hard. Mostly in his earlier posts. Still not too sure what to think of him suddenly dropping the subject and making amends at the end, but that's really not enough to keep me convinced about my vote.

##Unvote

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2013, 10:02:07 PM »
Of course, I'm not ready to vote on any of these. D1 has always been a "take things with a grain of salt" thing for me, seeing as it always seems we manage to lynch town instead of scum D1 over something silly or that appears to be scummy but really isn't.

##Unvote

Until there's more content to parse that's preferably not RVS-related stuff, I won't vote for anyone.

I don't get this mentality. Things change quickly on day 1, so why are you so unwilling to vote? And why is the italics even relevant. Serela's post is essentially "I'M GOING TO CONTINUE TO NOT CONTRIBUTE".

100% accurate RVS Scumteam: Dark, Serela, Validon

Now watch me die night 1. I'd be in stitches if I did.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2013, 10:14:44 PM »
Everything always happens while I'm asleep, zzz.  I guess it's my fault for living in the wrong hemisphere. 

Ah now, let's see.  So about me voting no lynch - this was just because I thought, if I voted for anybody, maybe there'd be a lynch on that person, and I didn't have any strong reads at the time.  After reading the rest of the thread, I realise my mistake - 'no lynch' can be hammered too!  I should totally have just voted no vote.  Sorry for my mistake.

SO LETS GO WITH THE JOKE VOTES! 

I missed out on lynching CF7 last game so I want to get a shot this time. 
##unvote
## vote CF7

On a related note, I totally pushed for Shadoweh's death and I never got to kill them last game :/  Life is full of missed opportunities.  Maybe I should vote for Shadoweh instead.  Choices, choices.  But in my deepest darkest heart of hearts, I have to admit I don't have a reading either way and I'm just screwing around.  Sigh. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2013, 10:18:35 PM »
So why is it that you're insisting on attempting to extend the RVS by jokevoting when there is actual discussion starting?

Still in class, proper read when I get home, etc.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2013, 10:24:50 PM »
Well I saw Dark and CF7 starting again and I was worried we were going to see a Day1 explode like last game, which wound up distracting more than helping.  I'm glad to see that's apparently defused. 

There's a few people that haven't posted much/yet.  There's plenty of time until the end of the phase.  Also, seeing as I've been in a grand total of 1 game here where we managed to lynch zero mafia, I'm dubious of the so called 'best course of action' right now. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2013, 10:26:54 PM »
Then shouldn't you be, like, doing that thing where you, you know, look for the scum yourself if you don't agree with the thoughts that other people are posting?

Still in class etc.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »
As opposed to voting for reasons specified to be nothing more than a joke at this stage, that is.