Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now V - "Ah ha ha...I have killed a lot of people."  (Read 175554 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
(I'm not even sure Overdrive is worth it outside of specifically using it as a rapid cancel/to pull out the extra Distortion Carl gets access to during it, because I notice very little difference in Nirvana during it except for a slight enhancement in recovery time, which'd be great if Overdrive lasted longer than, like, one action from her to begin with)

Overdrive essentially brings your character to Unlimited Mode for its duration, with all of the benefits and none of the (potential) detriments, if they haven't changed Unlimited Carl since CT (And I don't remember them making very particular changes to Unlimited Characters as a whole) then Nirvana should be noticeably faster by all intents and purposes.

Of course, I never touched any of the Continuum Shift games despite really wanting to so my information is probably outdated.

Another Metroid 2 Remake released demo version 1.3 recently, and if you're a fan of the 2D Metroids, I'd highly recommend you give it a go.  It's got about 2-3 hours of content, and I feel it's shaping up to be better than Zero Mission.

The other thing I'm playing is Hydorah which is a horizontal sh'mup which is very polished, and reminds me a lot of Gradius.  Anyway, they're both freeware.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Wow, Iffy, Purple Heart, I just watched the tenth episode of the Hyper. Neptunia anime.

Images speak a lot bloody louder than words.
Wow, if the game is as good as the anime, then it has the distinct possilbility of going into my Top 50, sharing it's place with games like Call Of Duty 4, Half Life 2, Virtua Fighter, SPEC OPS THE GODDAMN LINE, Super Mario World, and other majestic games.

Oh, I almost forgot, my progress in Black Ops 2: My KD is now .97, AKA REALLY close to neutral. I got the Gold Camo for the MSMC, so of course I bragged about it to everyone on my Facebook. It's not like getting Gold is hard or anything except 150 kills without perks, that thing is un-fucking-bearable it's just time consuming. But I'm still really happy that I got it. It's my first golden weapon after all. (Not couting my MW3 Local Multiplayer's M4A1 which levels up seperately from MP. Even then, my actual M4 on MP is really close to gold anyway)
I also can't wait to get a neutral KD just so I can brag it to Driftor, horray!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:45:54 AM by FamilyTeam »

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Episode 10

The games don't get quite that level of feels, but something like this does happen in Victory, which is why I mentioned spoilers.

Anyway, it's crazy how the Grand Cup: Hard field is. Chapter 5 mobs mixed in with total trash mobs like a Flan Rojo and a Tindalos, a fucking Mega Tonberry, and Via Infinito (super)bosses. Black Elemental paired with a Mushroom Cloud? Say hello to double Ultima if you can't kill off two sets of 9999 HP quickly enough. If nothing else, though, the presence of the Tonberry the Ripper team means you can get Cry in the Night insanely easily, compared to risking game overs.

Also, if you manage to get a special team to show up in it, you're guaranteed to fight them in the finals. That means a single chocobo can beat out said Mega fucking Tonberry.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Me and my friend played a mix of different Call Of Duty games yesterday. Yes, I know some of you are like "OH, IMPLYING THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM!" Shut up, if you played them you'd know

We played Black Ops 2, a few Team Deathmatches on the DLC maps I just downloaded. He asked how does the Peacekeeper perform, and I said that you basically pay 15 quid to get an M27 except without what makes it good.
     We moved on to Modern Warfare 2, we played a bit of Spec Ops, but we didn't play it for long and we switched to Modern Warfare 3.
     In MW3, we decided to play a few of the more interesting Spec Ops missions, two of the DLCs and one of the defaults. My friend died three times on the first mission, we were about to finish the second mission but my friend blew up the objective with his Osprey, and we tried the third one twice, the first time something went horribly wrong and we broke stealth almost immediatly, and the second one we coordinated ourselves a lot better and actually finished it (even if we broke stealth AGAIN, but this time both we and the hostages survived, because I dunno, Purple Heart decided to bless me with a miracle or something) Hell, we even said stuff like "Four by the right, 3 'o clock. I'll line up the shot and get the collateral, you kill the dog and the guard armed with the G36."
      We proceded to play Infected on MP, and we laughed our arses off plenty of times. Shortly after, another friend decided to challenged us both to a 2v2. He got a guy from his clan to go against us. We accepted, and boy that was a Team Deathmatch I'll remember to my grave. I'm not even gonna dwell on what happened during the match or else this post is going to turn into a huge wall of text. Let's just say that, in the end, we won, and my score was 39-37, while my friends was 69-63. We went equally as good, it's just that my friend ram into them much more often, while for whatever reason I was often shot in the back. I still manage to learn their "strategy" camping and turn around, tough.

Now, on to the Hyper Neptunia anime. I finished it now, so I promise this is the last one. Overall, I'll give it a 7 out of 10. I was going to give it an 8, but frankly it could've ended a lot better than it did. Episode 11 and the beggining of 12 were actually really exciting and had succesfully built a really awesome atmosphere for the inevitable battle that was to come, even to the point of making my heart pound faster, really, that's how well it did. But if only the battle and the conclusion were as good as that. I wouldn't say I'm disapointed with the ending, but it could (and SHOULD) have been a lot better, considering how well they did episode 10 and the build up to 12.
If you guys want, I could also voice my opinion on the characters, because bloody hell they were interesting.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:34:22 AM by FamilyTeam »

Mostly playing Luftrausers (is anyone interested in a doing a monthly scoreboard versus for luftrausers? Let me know)
Also Rayman legends and Metal Slug Anthology (which makes me almost cry sometimes when the game stutters or those loading screens pop up). I am almost exclusively on vita these days (no PC) might pick up guacamullee whenever the next psn sale hits and maybe alpha mission 2.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
"Ah, Bloody Hell, Match's over. I HATE Nuketown 2025. Why the hell people like it so much?"
"Okay, lobby. I'l just go ahead and check my KD."
"Barracks, Combat Record....... 1? 1? 1?!? HOLY SHIT, TIME TO BRAG ABOUT IT TO DRIFTOR! *Runs to computer*"

Bloody fucking hell, guys, I did it! I fixed my KD! It's EXACT AND PRECISELY at 1. 3895 Kills to 3895 deaths.
Bloody hell, guys, I'll admit that I never tought I'd do it, I'd figured that I would just give up everything before I went Neutral or Positive again but I surpassed my expectations and now here we are! My WL is still negative, but I'm still working on it, I'm sure my KD is going to be at around 1.1 when it gets fixed.
Also, curiously enough, my KD with every weapon that I decided to try during this whole recovering process was above 1.6. That's crazy, back when I started playing Black Ops 2 MP, a week after it was released, I could only dream of having a KD that high, let alone a KD that high with so many weapons. I think a better way to measure my KD would be with those weapons.
But yeah, time to go and fix my WL, and that'll be extra hard because winning doesn't really depend on me but me and the rest of the team. And bloody hell, it's almost like I always get matched up with idiots on my team or tryhards on the other team! Either that, or when I'm searching for a match, the game just puts me into one that's unwinnable, like 15-68, or something like that.
Either way, let us celebrate with this music. BTW there's a Gentooer in the comments, and then there are those people that say they don't exist, eh?

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Amidst the flurry of things I tried and put down, the things I bought but only have so much interest in, and the things whose translation projects have received their third revival (LOOKIN' AT YOU, DoD!), I finally settled on Sleeping Dogs. Despite being so much like a GTA game, I like it more than GTA4. The car controls herald back to the old GTA3 era games moreso than they do GTA4, which felt slow and clunky in comparison. MC Wei's pretty likable, real, and charismatic. Gunplay is sound, kung-fu fights are worthy of a Carl Douglas tune, and there's plenty of other things to keep you busy outside of the standard story missions. It's real solid all around. The sense of humor may come up a little short and Wei seems to be the draw so far as characters go, but I've had a hard time putting it down when it comes to everything else.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Wow. A Mega Tonberry's attack is so obscenely high it still dealt around 800 damage to a creature at level 56 with maxed out Defense AND Protect. According to the beastiary, it has 255 attack at level 90. That would explain it.

Also, Angra Mainyu? DIE IN A FIRE, YOU STALLING BITCH.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:16:58 AM by Purple Heart »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Razzi Zadhna

• bye chagen
Amidst the flurry of things I tried and put down, the things I bought but only have so much interest in, and the things whose translation projects have received their third revival (LOOKIN' AT YOU, DoD!), I finally settled on Sleeping Dogs. Despite being so much like a GTA game, I like it more than GTA4. The car controls herald back to the old GTA3 era games moreso than they do GTA4, which felt slow and clunky in comparison. MC Wei's pretty likable, real, and charismatic. Gunplay is sound, kung-fu fights are worthy of a Carl Douglas tune, and there's plenty of other things to keep you busy outside of the standard story missions. It's real solid all around. The sense of humor may come up a little short and Wei seems to be the draw so far as characters go, but I've had a hard time putting it down when it comes to everything else.

Personally, a fan of racing games and especially racing simulators, I vastly preferred GTA IV's vehicular physics to anything else in the Open-World market.

It's the only OW-game that made a point to try to actually replicate real vehicular dynamics, and while it faltered in a few points I love the shit out of it and regularly spend hours doing nothing but driving in it.

As for the topic, I've been playing Sonic Before The Sequel and Sonic After The Sequel. Despite being fangames they are amazing, really harkening back to the original Sonic games. Also, they both OST's made specifically for them and they are so godlike I can't even describe it. Seriously. Go look them up, it doesn't matter what song you pick, you'll get something amazing.

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
You all play some awesome games while I just derp around with a Guitar Hero clone with option to play music from SD card. Also it's laggy for me so I can't get 100% on any track on easy mode. Yeah, I suck.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
You all play some awesome games while I just derp around with a Guitar Hero clone with option to play music from SD card. Also it's laggy for me so I can't get 100% on any track on easy mode. Yeah, I suck.
Is there a sound and/or video offset option?  Try tweaking things there.  I have issues playing Project Diva F if I dont make sure to calibrate it first, so I can relate.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
Is there a sound and/or video offset option?  Try tweaking things there.  I have issues playing Project Diva F if I dont make sure to calibrate it first, so I can relate.
I tried. Overall is good, but at the beggining few notes really love to spasm. Hard.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
'Kay, on my recent Hyperdimension Neptunia addiction I'm currently having, I found this.
I'm sorry. but just look at that lip synching! No wait, you can't, because there isn't any! And bloody hell, even I could do a better Vert impression! AND I'M A MAN! THAT DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH AS A FIRST LANGUAGE!
Really, this is The House of The Dead 2 type of voice acting, too. Vert kind of sounds like Goldman. I was expecting her to do his iconic throat laugh. Jesus Christ on a Bicycle, someone was paid to do this.

Oh God, I don't want to double post, so i'll just edit this one, but bloody hell, suddenly out of nowhere, I randomly remembered that, almost 5 years ago, a friend of mine once used hacks on Mario Kart Wii with MY MII. (Named "Roberto") And years later, he was playing Team Fortress 2 on MY account and decided to act like a 12 year old. fair enough, he was 12 at the time
After remembering that, I daydreamed that there was a Mario Kart forum calling me a hacker and various bad names. Holy shit, can you guys remember to never let this guy use my account on anything ever again?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 04:34:02 PM by FamilyTeam »

I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls lately. I just arrived to Blighttown, looks like it gonna be fun...
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

Ionasal kkll Solciel

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I picked up Conception II. Persona 3 combined with a bit of Bliss Stage probably wasn't anywhere near that. Transformation sequences and nekkid glowy pseudo-sex sequence (called Classmating; emphasis on the mating part) definitely wasn't there.

Hm. How is that VN going, I wonder? I heard about it a long time ago, but never bothered keeping up with it.

Also playing Resonance of Fate. That Tesla bug thing in the electrical station is really annoying when you're still kind of learning the controls - since it has a crapton of shield bars, jumping with Zephyr is ideal, but since it burns right through the bezels and the bastard has a paralyzing attack, you kind of have to do a two-one formation and hope it focuses on the solo pistoleer. And that you can kill it before it breaks the barriers.

Move eternally forward,

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I bought another copy of Spec Ops The line recently, because my Cousin had the courtesy to scratch my old one to the point that it is unreadable. And the 360's reader is really powerful and can read almost anything.
Yep, and my mum still wants this guy on my birthday party!
But on to the game: this is, in my opinion, the game of the bloody decade. I'm replaying it so I can try to get all of the achievements, because they're all relatively simple to get. Oh, and simple =/= easy. It's simple like "Get X amount of kills with A gun", "Kill Y amount of people with B gun in Z seconds" or "Finish the game on Suicide Mission difficulty".
I'm currently playing it on said "Suicide Mission" difficutly so I can unlock both the achievements related to it and the FUBAR dificulty. As if this game wasn't hard enough on Combat Op. On Suicide mission, you pretty much die after 3-5 hits, and your teamates die a lot faster so you'll need to revive them a lot more. I heard FUBAR is even worse, because every weapon in the game will kill in 2 hits TOPS.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
Back in Skyrim, doing the Dawnguard expansion.  I like Vampire Princess Serana, she's snarky and pretty handy in a fight to boot.  Also kind of funny, I'm using the Mace of Molag Mar to fight the vampires and he's the one who made vampires.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Bloody Hell, Only 6 achievements to finish Spec Ops The Line! And out of those six, one of them just involves making a different decision on a mission and the other one is finishing the game on the difficulty I'm currently playing.
...Too bad the other four are complete hell:
 - The "All You Can Be" achievement involves finishing a mission without dying AND with 60%+ accuracy, but THANK GOD you can do this one by simply starting a new save, loading the first mission on easy, fire and HIT one bullet with any one of your guns and let your teammates do the work for the rest of the mission, then pray to Purple Heart your teammates don't die or you get in a situation that requires you to fire again.

- "Sierra Hotel" is so evil it's downright demonic. It requires you to finish three missions in a row without dying, and none of the references I found were consistent if you can get this achievement on easy or not. The trick here is firing a new game on normal, then play the first three chapters with the same mentality as if you were trying to get the achievement above, i.e.: letting your teammates do all the work, except now you can actually use your gun more liberally. It sounds simple, so why is this one so evil? Is because of the game's difficulty. On Normal, you can only afford getting hit by a few bullets before you die (ALL difficulties in the game are like this, even easy) and the enemies are all really accurate (AGAIN, no exceptions, even on easy)
so if you pretty much expose yourself for a milisecond longer than you should have, you'll die and lose this achievement. I'll need some luck on this one.

- "Intel Operative" requires you to find all of the intel pieces in the game. OKAY, this one isn't that evil. And besides, every intel piece comes with a bit of dialogue explaining in detail the horrible things that happened in Dubai before the game setting took place, and ANYTHING that'll make this game storyline even better is very much welcome for me.

- And finally, "MFWIC". Dunno what's that even supposed to mean. Finish the game on the hardest difficulty, unlocked only for those who finshed the game on hard, and this achievement is yours. BECAUSE HARD WASN'T ENOUGH, WAS IT. Even tough the game's storyline is amazing, it's not something that you'd play back-to-back, and to further add to make the game feel even more droning is the fact that you now pretty much die in 3 bullets maximum, and some enemies need half of an M4 mag to die. Juggernauts pretty much require all ammo that you have on both weapons, so you'll have to go on a melee frenzy to get your ammo back (assuming you don't get sniped by an incredibly powerful 9mm pistol).
I'll dread the moment that I'll have to work to get this one. But it sure as hell will feel satisfying when I get it.

Don't blame me, I'm having to scavenge games before Hyper Neptunia Rebirth 1 gets localized, but it's not like the localizers even give you the courtesy to say when it'll be released, they only said that it'll be released "this summer". The only way to be more vague than that is to say that the game will be released in the 21st century. And I do hope that Noire gets more characterized on the games, because frankly, on the anime, she had as much personality as a piece of bread. I liked Uni a lot better, funnily enough, and somehow it feels as if she had more screentime. I'll watch the anime again with my friend to see if I missed something.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
The Last Federation is a pretty interesting game and perspective on things. You don't change the entire galaxy, you merely 'persuade' or 'nudge' events.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

So I picked back up Technika Tune in hopes of getting the grinding done to get 1k plays and level 99. So I can delete it for other games. For not having played it in ages, I'm still pretty good at it; though the fact that I play on Hard in (unfounded, probably false) hope that it increases XP gain tends to kill me or nearly kill me a lot. Seriously, Silent Clarity [Club] needs to die in a fire, Oblivion [Club] reminds me that I still can't follow multiple beat sets at a time, and holy fuck Feel Ma Beat [Club] moves fast. I'm still not sure how I can manage to clear that and Angel [Club] considering how bleedin' fast they go.

Also, I managed to find the Prince of Persia reboot for three bucks over at Gamestop. Not sure if that means crappy game, old game, or both, but got it anyway, along with the Infamous pack, Bayonetta, and the Devil May Cry HD remake.

Also also, if you haven't been following along with Neptunia stuff in JP recently, there's been an announcement for two more games in the Ultradimension universe - Victory II and Neptune U (ironically for the Vita).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:55:08 AM by Purple Heart »

Move eternally forward,

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Also also, if you haven't been following along with Neptunia stuff in JP recently, there's been an announcement for two more games in the Ultradimension universe - Victory II and Neptune U (ironically for the Vita).
I've been following quite a few Neptunia pages on Facebook and Tumblr, so it is almost impossible not to know. But for now, I'm trying to focus on the next Call of Duty that'll be revealed soon, just so I can criticize it on my CoD thread.

...Okay, but as of now, I haven't been playing much of stuff that I haven't posted already in this thread. I've been playing some Black ops, and it seems that whenever I'm not being matched against tryhards and/or hackers I'm getting matched against complete idiots that play almost as incoherently as the bots on Recruit, so it's no fun at all. MW3 is almost the same case, except I seem to run into the former much more often. When I'm playing Team Deathmatch anyway, I played an Infected FMG9 vs Knife recently were the entirety of the other team were morons, and I managed to go on a 17 streak easy-peasy :V Dammit, I was only stopped because of the sheer amount of opponents, and had I killed seven more people I would've gotten a MOAB. I'm too scared to play Black ops 2, I know I still got to fix my WL, but I'm horrified to go negative on my KD again, even if it is highly unlikely since I needed to have quite a bit of skill to get it to neutral, and naturaly that means I'm not bad.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Final Fantasy XIV

I took a break for a few months, but since coming back (and finding out the Free Company I was in has become super active), I've been having a nonstop blast and several friends have bought the game to join me.  My main class though is coming up on gear-readiness to tackle the Binding Coil of Bahamut and Extreme Primals though, aka "oh god this is both exciting and terrifying levels of difficulty"

I can't wait +_+

Been messing around with Cities in Motion 2 lately since it was in my Steam library and it seemed interesting. Game has a bit of a learning curve; trying to plan routes to turn a profit is a bit difficult, but once you manage to pull it off it's so satisfying to see transit lines that bring in twice their operating costs in revenue.

Also been picking up Civ V again due to the recent Beyond Earth hype; think I'm gonna stick with King difficulty since the AI does a lot better job of keeping pace with you than on the "normal" difficulty.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

So apparently there's a thirteenth episode of the Nep anime. Did not know this. Gonna watch as soon as I have time tomorrow. (By the way, Nep Victory is on sale on PSN for Golden Week!)

Anyway, why are colored Hexes so annoying to farm? I have craptons of reds and blues, pretty much nothing of every other color. Yellow I can understand, given I've spammed the crap out of them on Level 5 to get the item drop up stations; but I really need more greens.

Also kind of tired of labyrinths and battles that take twice as long as they should because enemy elemental types are set up so that if you're strong to one, you're weak to the other.

Also also, for you PS4 owners, the new update includes something extremely useful for video recorders aka Let's Players - the ability to disable the HDCP which prevented HDMI recording.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:59:07 AM by Purple Heart »

Move eternally forward,

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
So apparently there's a thirteenth episode of the Nep anime. Did not know this. Gonna watch as soon as I have time tomorrow. (By the way, Nep Victory is on sale on PSN for Golden Week!)
It's full of fanservice, let me tell ya :V I liked it, but it sort of felt like a copout in case you wanted to see everything bad that happened with the characters solved within an episode.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
I downloaded Muramasa Rebirth for my Vita.  I'm playing on with Momohime on Chaos Difficulty.  I love the Aerial Slash combos, it's so much fun.  Hell the combo system in a whole is very fun.  Unless you're fighting kappa, they don't like getting combo'd.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
So something I noticed on the Kirby Pinball Land High Score screen? They were (on this order): Zephyra(ntes), Physali(s), Dendrob(ium), Gerbera. :getdown:

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Neptunia news:

"Hyperdimension Npetunia Re;Birth 1 will be available in both physical and digital forms when it launches in North America in the late summer, Idea Factory announced. In Europe, the game will be available only in digital form.

Additionally, the company released a slew of English screenshots and launched the game?s official website." [sic] Yes, a blog that I follow on Tumblr did mispell something, and I'm proud to be a Grammar Nazi to have noticed it, and I'm even more proud to have used [sic]. :V
Well, "Late Summer" is atleast much more specific than just "this summer". But it still is pretty far away, I'll have to find something to do 'til "late summer", whenever that is.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
ye gods just make a Neptunia thread already :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson