Author Topic: Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project  (Read 72470 times)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »
Now there are three endings to review, I didn't translated Marisa Team's Good Ending  because I wasn't happy with the result of my TL, it looks pretty hard for my actual Japanese skills. Also the other endings have a lot of Japanese words related with the Japanese story or mythology that I am not used with them, so if you are planning to review it, review it carefully :P
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2013, 07:53:24 PM »
Good job, thank you a lot!  :3 Taking into account all your translations, you did quite a lot.

So, 3 reviews and 1 translation (+1 review maybe), they're waiting for a kind person(s) to complete them :)
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2013, 06:46:59 PM »
One step closer. With combined powers and efforts, two endings more were reviewed. At this moment, only one review and one translation of endings is left.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:18:10 PM by Vectorfish »
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
Still looking for help with remaining two endings. Flan27 tries to do something about them but those two are quite difficult to do alone.

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »
Okay, I guess the time has come for first release of English translation patch for Mystical Power Plant.

Some notes:
  • Installation is quite simple. Just update the MPP script up to 1.00d (or get already patched MPP 1.00d from its official website) and then copy content of Th_mpp_patch folder to the root of the game (where th_dnh.exe is stored). The game is ready to play!
  • Everything is translated except of spellcard comments.

If you find something wrong with text, have a suggestion to improve something, or found some sneaky bug caused by this patch - you're welcome to post it here though I really hope I didn't add new bugs to the script. I'll try to add fixes as soon as possible which depends on my free time these days.

Anyway, feel free to try this translation. Thanks to everyone who helped this translation project to happen.

MPP English translation patch 0.90d
MPP English translation patch 0.90d (sources) (in case you'd want to take a look at them).

Upd: Deleted, no longer an issue.
Upd2: Patch was updated to 0.90a, fixing replays and having an option to use original version of Danmakufu or a newer one.
Upd3: Patch was updated to 0.90b, just minor fixes for Extra stage.
Upd4: Patch was updated to 0.90c, updated to work for MPP 1.00d and some changes to make patching easier.
Upd5: Patch was updated to 0.90d, fixed bug with replay naming screen.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:48:59 AM by Necrotek »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »
I got the patch, and followed all of your instructions, but if I go anywhere that is NOT the title or loading screens, Danmafuku gives me an error.

Code: [Select]
#include???u???????t?@?C??[C:\Users\_\Desktop\Games\TouHou Games\Fan Games\THMPP\script/Th_mpp/scene/././/system/Load_AllTexture.dnh]????????????????
C:\Users\_\Desktop\Games\TouHou Games\Fan Games\THMPP\script/Th_mpp/scene/././Package_PlayerSelectScene.dnh
Package_PlayerSelectScene.dnh 1?s??

??
#include"../system/Load_AllTexture.dnh"

let csd = GetCurrentScriptDirectory();

@Initialize{
SetAutoDeleteObject(tr
?`?`?`

The Unicode symbols are various Japanese characters.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2013, 09:22:01 PM »
Hm, that's strange. Did you update Danmakufu to pre20 after updating MPP to 1.00c (in a sense that you really use pre20 to run the game and not pre15 which was originally in MPP)? I get that error only if I try to use patch with older than pre20 version.
Actually, change from pre15 to newer version isn't that necessary, I just expect it to be more stable and it has 1-2 good little things which don't matter too much. I think I'll add a patch for pre15 too though it's more preferable to use the one for pre20.

And about replays. I think I found what part of my patch caused incompatibility of Japanese and English versions, I'll try to fix it though it will be yet another dirty hack (well, it's not like the first one to use in this patch so let it be).

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2013, 02:25:49 AM »
I used a completely new ZIP files. I extracted the pre20 to a folder, then extracted to MPP script folder (1.00c) into said folder.

Afterwards, I extracted the English patch into the correct folders, and received the error when attempting to start the game of go into the Music Room.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2013, 02:40:03 AM »
Hm, when you say "then extracted to MPP script folder (1.00c) into said folder", did MPP script included its own th_dnh.exe file? If it did, then you probably overwrote pre20 with older one which was included to MPP 1.00c. Can you temporarily rename th_dnh.def file and see which version of Danmakufu starts?
Btw, does anyone else have the same issue with this patch?

Anyway, I made a update for the patch, MPP English translation patch 0.90a, I'll update previous post about it. Try this patch for clean version of MPP without updating Danmakufu, just copy content of Th_mpp_patch folder. Now update for pre20 is separated, you can use original Danmakufu or update Danmakufu and apply additional patch for it.
Probably I really need to make a proper patcher...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:02:39 AM by Vectorfish »

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2013, 03:03:58 AM »
Hm, when you say "then extracted to MPP script folder (1.00c) into said folder", did MPP script included its own th_dnh.exe file? If it did, then you probably overwrote pre20 with older one which was included to MPP 1.00c. Can you temporarily rename th_dnh.def file and see which version of Danmakufu starts?

Yeah, I think I overwrote it.

Thanks!

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2013, 03:07:50 AM »
Phew, I was about to start thinking that I'm crazy ::)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2013, 01:08:10 AM »
The patch worked fine here using the danmakufuu .exe that comes with the script when you download it.

Also I saw a guy saying that he is happy because he could read Toone's story on wiki :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2013, 11:18:29 AM »
Nice. In that case, it seems the patch was done pretty fine not to cause problems to use it, there were only two people who had issues with it until now (or maybe it's just because there were only two people to try it :D). Anyway, I'll post a little fix of some text issues soon (probably today or tomorrow) and leave the translation as it is now until spellcard comments' translation is done or new issues are found.

Upd: done.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:55:16 PM by Vectorfish »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »
I'm having the same problem as has been described before and I'm hopeless confused. What version of the th_dnh.def file do I need and what th_dnh.exe file do I need?

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed. I did things backwards and applied the pre20 patch before the main patch instead of the other way around.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:14:05 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2013, 07:19:58 PM »
Pretty much all you need, in case if you don't have it yet, MPP 1.00a (which is a full game) and its update 1.00c from their website, and current translation patch 0.90b which you can find a little bit earlier. After extracting MPP 1.00a (btw, don't forget about Japanese locale during extracting), add content of game update 1.00c there and then the content of the translation patch. After that you can start the game and enjoy it.

Upd: that's... weird. And I don't have a lot of ideas why it's so. The only problem I can guess is that you tried to apply pre20 patch without updating Danmakufu. Or, probably, the way Danmakufu works in WinXp/Wine is different from the way it works in Windows 7/8. And I don't have access to Win7 so I can't test it there.
I'd provide a complete and translated version of the game if I'd know for sure that Th-JSS doesn't mind about it but it's complicated due to my zero skills in Japanese to ask them about it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:51:28 PM by Vectorfish »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2013, 07:37:32 PM »
Hmm... not sure. I mean, what happened was when I originally applied the patch, I applied the pre20 part of it first, then the rest of the patch. That was when the problem happened. I fixed it by applying the main patch first, THEN the pre20 part of it afterwards. It was a simple mixup that caused the problem, not necessarily the version of Danmakufu that I had, at least I don't think so.
Of course, if other people have this problem, remember to apply the main patch first before applying the pre20 patch, otherwise you'll have the same problems as me. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2013, 07:41:30 PM »
Well, yep, that's right, pre20 should be applied only if you updated Danmakufu (you don't have, it just helps to prevent one very annoying possible bug) and only after applying main patch. Probably I should rephrase the instructions in a more easy way but I fail to do it.

Upd: ok, I tried to improve installation notes a little bit in this topic and in readme file of the patch to make it easier to understand what to do.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:39:21 PM by Vectorfish »

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2014, 02:13:47 PM »
English patch was updated to 0.90c - now it works for MPP 1.00d.

At this point, patching is really simple now, you don't need to get the initial release of script and update to the latest version like before, official website has a up-to-date version of the game. And I removed additional patch for Danmakufu pre20 because I doubt that anyone used it so it only made things more complicated for some people to understand what they should do in order to just play this game.

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2014, 04:21:10 AM »
I used the patch and everything seems well translated besides a couple errors. The main thing I'd like to know, is why the speech bubbles aren't showing up for me. Only the distant bubble (The one used by the First Stage Boss's first sentence) works. Everything else is black text without the bubble.

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2014, 07:35:16 AM »
That's weird, it didn't happen not for me nor for other people who tried and recorded the game with this patch. Could you post screenshot of that distant bubble and screenshot of when there is no bubble at all?

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2014, 02:00:47 PM »
Included are both examples as requested. I should note that smaller bubbles, like the one Lily White uses, DO indeed show up perfectly fine. It is just the main dialogue between main characters and enemies.

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2014, 04:53:37 PM »
Hm, it seems the problem is only with remade balloons with arrow (I remade it to show dialogs in a nicer way), the gray one was intact. Could you check if you have folder with images at /script/Th_mpp/img/eff/balloons? The translated game supposed to use images from that folder. My guess is that the game can't find them for some reason, probably because they're not there. If they're there, could you please upload your copy of the game somewhere so I could investigate the issue?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:55:40 PM by Necrotek »

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »
Ah there we go! There was no balloons folder! Now it works perfectly, I think I only saw a couple spelling errors, but reasonable ones because the incorrect letter was beside the correct one.

Great work on it too, I like the humor in the dialogue. Now I have to go patch The Last Comer so I can better understand it. >.<

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »
Nice. I wonder why balloon folder wasn't there. If you find any mistakes/mistypes, it'd be nice if you make corresponding fixes on wiki (or mention them here or PM). Probably not now but later when more changes are required (or after some time) I'll post a fixed version of the patch.

All credits for the translation goes to those many people who are mentioned in the readme file :)

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2017, 02:46:50 PM »
This is a bit of a necro but bug report.

Tried to save a replay with the patch on, couldn't select the 'end' option to save the replay name.  Had to fill the name field to the end before it let me save the replay.

Not sure if there is a way to fix this or something went wrong on my end.
This Space For Rent

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2017, 03:08:35 PM »
Tried to save a replay with the patch on, couldn't select the 'end' option to save the replay name.  Had to fill the name field to the end before it let me save the replay.

Not sure if there is a way to fix this or something went wrong on my end.

Hm, interesting. I'll try to check what's the matter. Did it happen only once or every time?

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »
Hm, interesting. I'll try to check what's the matter. Did it happen only once or every time?

I need to try it more as this was the first time I ran it with the translation patch on.  I'll check again and report back after I play it later

Also is there anything with this having issues with desynchs as checking a replay for recording lead to a desynch. Or does the game naturally have issues with desynch on replays?

This Space For Rent

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2017, 03:33:43 PM »
Also is there anything with this having issues with desynchs as checking a replay for recording lead to a desynch. Or does the game naturally have issues with desynch on replays?

I was quite confident that the patch doesn't produce any desynchs and replays should be compatible between original Japanese and patched English versions. As far I remember, the game was more or less desync-resistant but I might be wrong, it was quite a long time ago. Does it desync on same places? Also, could you check if desyncs happens on Japanese version?

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »
I was quite confident that the patch doesn't produce any desynchs and replays should be compatible between original Japanese and patched English versions. As far I remember, the game was more or less desync-resistant but I might be wrong, it was quite a long time ago. Does it desync on same places? Also, could you check if desyncs happens on Japanese version?

I'll check again. I'm not sure if it's because the it just really dislikes my recording attempts or not.  It might be that. I'll run more tests later.

It REALLY hates MSI Afterburner's recorder.  But I think that might be tied to the game itself so the patch isn't to blame at all.  OBS recording seemed less angry when recording the replay but generated the desynch.

I'll run it without any recording next time to try and debug.
This Space For Rent

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2017, 03:48:00 PM »
It REALLY hates MSI Afterburner's recorder.

It sounds like a really possible culprit. I'll check if I still have some old replay (I think I still have one for lunatic run by Jaimers) so you could test it.