Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 4  (Read 53760 times)

Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 4
« on: September 12, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »
>You are Byakuren Hijiri, 18 years old, resident of the city of Mayoiga, caretaker (owner) of Rin Kaenbyou, resident of the Moonside apartments, and third year student of Mayoiga High. A few days ago, you were the most popular girl in school, one of the most well-known and liked girls around town. And then you touched a strange doll, and saw a world not your own. That was the day that everything changed, and you became Magical Lotus, the Hero of the Heart.

>After an eventful day at school, and more personally eventful evening in which Rin joined your cadre of heroes, you and your friend set off to investigate the other shrines of the city, to examine the sacred flames there, as well as, hopefully, making contact with the resident Gods, as you had with the Metal Tiger. The Black Tortoise shrine revealed no signs of the God himself, though there were a number of sensations you couldn't identify without transforming, which you felt you could not do at the time. You also made a number of your fans happy, and had a pleasant conversation with Sanae's mother Kanako. You also learned that your new powers can be used to help alleviate the symptoms of drunkenness from your run in with the unfortunate Elis.
>The Blue Dragon shrine, however, had a far more dramatic and otherworldly event. After witnessing a practice duel between your landlord Reimu and the head miko Tenshi, a somewhat bizarre meeting with a green haired shrine maiden involving a piece of jade, and a surprisingly nice conversation with one of Reimu's aides, you and Rin bore witness to the sacred flame turning blue, and a disembodied voice spoke to you in cryptic words, answering your questions in riddles and verse. And yet neither you nor Rin could sense whatever was speaking to you, and a conversation with Kiku came up with no conclusions on the matter.

>After a decent night's rest, you awoke to find your school cordoned off by the faculty and the police. To your dismay, you discovered a dark force within that was similar to that which you sensed from the demons and their youma. Disturbingly, you learned this dark force was your teacher Keine Kamishirasawa, or rather a dark power that had corrupted her and turned her lycanthropic form into something terrible, and dangerously feral. Alongside Rin and Lily, as well as Kaguya Houraisan, your classics teacher with a surprising array of both knowledge and magically empowered items, you entered the school and confronted the corrupted Keine. She put up a tenacious fight, but the light of your Violet Lotus expunged the darkness from her, restoring her mind and body to normal. Weirdly, your light appears to have left some residual energy within Keine's body, the extent and effect of which as yet unknown.
>You had no time to rest, however, nor investigate what caused this dark power to suffuse Keine's body, when a pair of newly arrived demons made their presence known, in force. You were obliged to do battle with the Champion of Ice, while the Fire Champion looked on. Ice was quite different than the other three demons you'd encountered. She seemed regretful for having to fight you, and you sensed within her an incredible sadness. After developing a new spell, you combined your powers with Lily and Rin and drove both demons off, but not before vowing to free Ice from Fire's domination.
>After a conversation with the school reporter Hatate on your way out of the school grounds, you met up with Kiku and learned that someone involved in this mess had access to Lunarian magic, a brand of magic very rare on this planet. As near as you can figure, this individual was Kaguya, though how she came to possess such power, you do not know.
>During this entire affair, you have also felt your ring react to the presence of Komachi Onozuka the police officer, as well as Hatate, in the same way it reacted to Chie days ago. Both of them seem to have the potential to wear one of your rings of Light.

>Having parted with Kiku to let her study how her now powers interact with her old magic, you, Rin and Lily are now speaking with the healed Keine, and Kaguya, as the two women head towards Kaguya's car.

>"Well, I can provide you an answer to at least that much: there was no gas leak. The affected students were attacked by a youma. Another demon had been present on the school grounds at that time as well, but retreated."
>"No lasting harm was done to any of the students, as far as I could tell, but the youma in question had been a creation of that demon and I wonder now if it might have done something elsewhere in the school that I had not observed. Can you recall anything else unusual you might have encountered or experienced that afternoon?"

>"Just a minute." Keine answers. "What happened to this youma?"
>"Magical Lotus took care of it." Lily says with a smile.
>"You destroyed it?"
>Lily shakes her head. "She fixed it. Turned it back into a ring."
>Keine gives you an appreciative smile. "You seem to have a genuine knack for fixing things, Lotus-san."

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 4
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 07:15:54 AM »
>Smile a little
>"I do what I can, where I am able."

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 07:24:02 AM »
>Smile a little
>"I do what I can, where I am able."

>"But in answer to your question, I don't...." Her eyes lower and she pauses in midstep. "Well, there WAS that doll fad that swept through the school, that was a bit different."
>"Hardly out of the ordinary, that." Kaguya says. "Fads like that simply come hand in hand with teenagers, especially in large numbers."

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 08:04:43 AM »
>To Keine: "Did something about it stand out to you, to mention in this context? Or are you just being thorough? Even if it's something small, that's okay."

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 08:15:18 AM »
>To Keine: "Did something about it stand out to you, to mention in this context? Or are you just being thorough? Even if it's something small, that's okay."

>"It is more of a case of being thorough." Keine confirms. "I try to be, whenever I can. Like Kaguya said, I wouldn't have thought it was anything out of the ordinary, but with the timing involved, it was worth mentioning."
>Wasn't it one of those dolls that made you fall off those stairs? Rin asks in your mind.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:30:31 AM »
>Well, I believe it was my own panic that truly caused me to tumble down the stairs, but touching that doll most definitely felt as though it transported me to some strange and hostile world for a moment. But no one else around seemed to have any unusual experiences with them, so I am uncertain what to make of what happened.
>Were there still an unusual number of dolls around on subsequent days we were at school?

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 08:33:56 AM »
>Well, I believe it was my own panic that truly caused me to tumble down the stairs, but touching that doll most definitely felt as though it transported me to some strange and hostile world for a moment. But no one else around seemed to have any unusual experiences with them, so I am uncertain what to make of what happened.
>Were there still an unusual number of dolls around on subsequent days we were at school?

>After a moment's thought, Rin answers, I have an idea. But I don't like it. Not one bit.
>When you returned to school, the little dolls were still pretty numerous, but not to the same extent as that first day. Most fads tend to last a bit longer than that, but the reduction is number isn't anything you'd call out of the ordinary.

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 08:36:33 AM »
>And what is that?

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 08:38:01 AM »
>And what is that?

>Rin swallows visibly. They were targeting you.

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 08:44:52 AM »
>Targeting me how? It is possible whatever it was reacted to whatever it is inside me that allowed me to accept this power, but it did not seem to do me any harm of its own. Though clearly what it was associated with was... disquieting.
>Did we notice anything supernaturally unusual with the dolls, later on when we returned to school?

>To Keine: "Hmmm... and is that it, then?"

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 06:17:50 AM »
>Targeting me how? It is possible whatever it was reacted to whatever it is inside me that allowed me to accept this power, but it did not seem to do me any harm of its own. Though clearly what it was associated with was... disquieting.
>Did we notice anything supernaturally unusual with the dolls, later on when we returned to school?

>To Keine: "Hmmm... and is that it, then?"

>After a moment's thought, Rin admits, Okay, maybe I was reaching. It just... Well it's weird, isn't it? That you're the only one that had somethin' bad happen after touching one of those dolls?
>Not that you could tell.

>"As far as I can remember."
>"You said there was a third demon." Kaguya interjects. "What happened to that one, the one that was here that day?"

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 06:31:12 AM »
>"It flew away. I dealt with another of its youma a couple days ago, but have not seen or sensed it since. It seems to be keeping a low profile."

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 02:42:32 AM »
>"It flew away. I dealt with another of its youma a couple days ago, but have not seen or sensed it since. It seems to be keeping a low profile."

>"You HAVE been busy." Kaguya says with some admiration.

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 02:55:44 AM »
>"Yes. It's been an eventful week, and I'm afraid I have no expectations of this changing soon."

>To Keine: "You said that the potion you took several days ago was not of the same recipe as usual. Is it possible that your feelings of heightened aggression up to that point could have been explainable as a normal phenomenon? Or do you feel that, even then, they was beyond this?"

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 11:12:30 PM »
>"Yes. It's been an eventful week, and I'm afraid I have no expectations of this changing soon."

>To Keine: "You said that the potion you took several days ago was not of the same recipe as usual. Is it possible that your feelings of heightened aggression up to that point could have been explainable as a normal phenomenon? Or do you feel that, even then, they was beyond this?"

>"I do think it was beyond normal." Keine says with a nod. "I have experienced, well, I suppose 'emotional disturbance' is the best way to put it, as a result of my curse, but not quite like this was. I'm sorry, it's rather hard to explain, but there were enough differences for me to think that this wasn't normal, now that I'm starting to think straight again."

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 11:22:47 PM »
>"Fair enough. I had wondered briefly if this different potion could somehow have been involved, if nothing else leading up to that stood out as overly strange, but perhaps not."
>"I do apologize; I had hoped the source of this would be more readily apparent. I am sure it must be disquieting for it to not be."

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 12:28:59 AM »
>"Fair enough. I had wondered briefly if this different potion could somehow have been involved, if nothing else leading up to that stood out as overly strange, but perhaps not."
>"I do apologize; I had hoped the source of this would be more readily apparent. I am sure it must be disquieting for it to not be."

>"Can I ask how ya managed to find a potion that could do that?" Rin asks the history teacher. "I don't know a lot about ly... y'know, your curse, but I didn't think you could fight it that way."
>Keine gives her a faint smile. "I have Kaguya here to thank for that." The raven haired teacher lowers her head. "And Mokou, as well."
>"Mokou and I have been around for longer than you might think." Kaguya adds with a mysterious look. "We've learned a thing or two about most things you can name. Including a method or two for combating lycanthropy."

>Keine shakes her head. "I'm not worried."
>"You're not?" Lily asks.
>"No. I would like to have a definitive answer, of course. But I'm certain that it's only a matter of time. It's funny, though." she adds with a thoughtful gaze at you. "There is a part of me that tells me that I should be worried. That if this happened once, it could happen again, since presumably the source of this... force is still active. But I am not. I know, somehow, that it won't happen again. That I'm safe. I don't know why..."

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 12:37:26 AM »
>"The energy I used to purify the darkness yet lingers upon you; perhaps this is what you're sensing? And it may well serve as a buffer against such a recurrence, should whoever was behind this act again."
>"You're certain you cannot think of anything else unusual that occurred Wednsday, particularly towards the after-school period?"

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 01:20:05 AM »
>"The energy I used to purify the darkness yet lingers upon you; perhaps this is what you're sensing? And it may well serve as a buffer against such a recurrence, should whoever was behind this act again."
>"You're certain you cannot think of anything else unusual that occurred Wednsday, particularly towards the after-school period?"

>Keine considers your words, and nods thoughtfully. "Yes... That makes sense. And maybe..."
>As Keine wonders aloud, Kaguya stops just short of her car, and gives you a rather curious look. "You neglected to mention that your power has that effect." she says, in a tone that isn't quite accusatory, but something close to it.

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 01:27:03 AM »
>Frown slightly
>"That was because I had not seen it do this before. But as I said, I had never used it directly upon a human like this. I am confident the effect will do her no harm, but I am afraid I cannot be specific with how long you should expect it to last, either; this is somewhat new ground I am treading. I imagine that does little to reassure, but I hope I have given you sufficient cause to trust. My apologies."
>Bow slightly in a deferential manner.

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 01:55:03 AM »
>Frown slightly
>"That was because I had not seen it do this before. But as I said, I had never used it directly upon a human like this. I am confident the effect will do her no harm, but I am afraid I cannot be specific with how long you should expect it to last, either; this is somewhat new ground I am treading. I imagine that does little to reassure, but I hope I have given you sufficient cause to trust. My apologies."
>Bow slightly in a deferential manner.

>"You don't need to apologize to us." Keine answers, giving Kaguya a reproving look. "And you're starting to sound like Mokou."
>Kaguya puffs up slightly, but doesn't seem to have a ready defense.
>"I realize you feel protective of me right now," Keine presses on, "but that's no reason to jump on the smallest thing. Now I admit, I don't fully understand what this means or what effect it will have on me in the long run either, but I am certain no harm will come from it."
>"But how can you know?" Kaguya counters, not sounding quite as sure of herself as she has been.
>"WHO, exactly, is this energy within?" Keine asks pointedly, folding her arms. Kaguya looks down and holds her tongue, only looking up again when Keine places her hand on her shoulder. "Do you trust me, Kaguya?"
>"You know I do." the raven haired woman answers automatically.
>"And I trust her." Keine answers. "And I trust her power."
>Kaguya lets out a breath, then nods, smiling sheepishly. After a moment, she turns this smile on you. "I apologize as well." she says quietly.

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 02:26:30 AM »
>Nod a little
>"That's quite alright. I understand the sentiment behind your words."

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 04:35:22 AM »
>Nod a little
>"That's quite alright. I understand the sentiment behind your words."

>"And now that I think about it, I haven't yet expressed my gratitude, have I?"

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 04:49:30 AM »
>Smile gently
>"I am happy enough simply to see both you and the others safe and healthy."

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 06:46:46 AM »
>Smile gently
>"I am happy enough simply to see both you and the others safe and healthy."

>"Same here." Lily chimes with a big smile. "We're heroes. Making things and people better is what we do!" Rin simply nods in agreement.
>Keine gives the blonde a warm chuckle. "While we're on the subject, how can we get in contact with you girls if the need arises? It's possible I might think of something important I've forgotten, after I've had some rest. Or that something might occur to one of my friends."

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 06:53:11 AM »
>This is where it would be nice to have a cell phone not in any of our names.
>Thoughtful expression. Let's stall a tiny bit.
>Any ideas?

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 11:28:47 PM »
>This is where it would be nice to have a cell phone not in any of our names.
>Thoughtful expression. Let's stall a tiny bit.
>Any ideas?

>Disposable phones? Rin suggests. Be cheaper than getting a second phone with contracts and cards and all that.
>What about, like, a Bat-signal? Lily offers.

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »
>I meant something we could suggest to them now.

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »
>I meant something we could suggest to them now.

>Oh. your two friends say in unison.
>Hey, here's an idea. Lily says after a moment. If she's still got some of your power inside her, maybe you could use that?

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 01:10:24 AM »
>How do you mean?