Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 277145 times)

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #330 on: September 05, 2013, 09:49:07 AM »
Just for the record, bosses don't actually drop skillpoints do they. Because if they don't, I'll go fix their entries on the wiki.
No they don't. It's "money".
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

« Reply #331 on: September 05, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »
Wow.
Spoiler:
was so close to getting its first turn. Chen launched 10 "Flights of Idaten" and
Spoiler:
Yukari did the rest of the damage with Shikigami "Ran Yakumo+"
Heck, I wasn't even expecting to win since I didn't prepare for this fight at all.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #332 on: September 05, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »
Seriously? I'm stuck on the stupid demon/giant on 15F? Of course when he moves blindingly fast, debuffs refuse to proc, spams his stupid Great Roar thing that does over 2K, and
Spoiler:
Mokou's maxed out Resurrection refuses to actually work 4 5 battles in a row
, I guess it's understandable.

Got it down to 1HP with Wriggle once. But alas, Wriggle's attacks only do 0. His Rasetsu Fist does 5K.  >:(
I found that
Spoiler:
Reisen using Discarder
could land her Debuff every time. Maybe part of it would miss, but I always got at least 3 stats with it o_o I didn't think that the roar/burp could even cause damage when I fought it, it always dealt 0... weird :o

Murakumo

« Reply #333 on: September 05, 2013, 04:08:40 PM »
I decided to do a random run and beat every boss while being 1-lvl lower. Here is my team:
Marisa
Momiji
Minoriko
Parsee
Mistia
Hina
Spoiler:
Yuugi
Alice
Patchouli
Sakuya
Flandre
Yuuka

Already stuck at
Spoiler:
Komachi
but at least I got 4 characters in my party. Fight with
Spoiler:
Kaguya
was most challenging/annoying so far.

Can't unsee those bomber grape monsters
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:40:21 PM by Murakumo »

Murakumo

« Reply #334 on: September 05, 2013, 04:09:59 PM »
double post, sorry

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #335 on: September 05, 2013, 04:34:53 PM »
Murakumo, please edit your post to spoiler mark the character names x.x General rule: If they join on 6F or later, give it the spoiler tag thing please >.>

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #336 on: September 05, 2013, 10:54:14 PM »
for those who know what abilities boost from attack/magic/both would you mind putting that on the wiki?  think it would be fine temporarily putting it under damage formula untill we figure the actual formulas out.

Unless someone disagrees with this, then maybe under notes, but then it would be next to the abilities actual notes
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #337 on: September 05, 2013, 11:04:38 PM »
The
Spoiler:
Alice
fight gave me a lot more trouble than I thought it would. Still after getting a few levels and coming back, she wasn't as bad.

Spoiler:
  Iku 
also gave me a scare when she wiped out everyone except
Spoiler:
Eirin
and Marisa. Stalling for Marisa to use Master Spark wasn't too hard though.

Spoiler:
Ran and Tenshi both were a lot easier than I remember, Ran especially since I actually went to the events that lowered the Shikigami's HP. Tenshi was just all kinds of disappointment when I fought her.

Links will be coming later for each of these fights. I have each of them recorded just not uploaded yet.
Already stuck at
Spoiler:
Komachi
but at least I got 4 characters in my party. Fight with
Spoiler:
Kaguya
was most challenging/annoying so far.
Don't need a spoiler for either of them since they appear before 6F.
Yeah Komachi is just a lot of luck, though I never had trouble with Kaguya.
for those who know what abilities boost from attack/magic/both would you mind putting that on the wiki?  think it would be fine temporarily putting it under damage formula untill we figure the actual formulas out.

Unless someone disagrees with this, then maybe under notes, but then it would be next to the abilities actual notes
I honestly think this is unnecessary as its almost always obvious which attacking stat should be raised on a given character just by looking at their stat growths, with one exception. I guess it's still helpful to have though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:36:13 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #338 on: September 05, 2013, 11:23:00 PM »
Why aren't you guys doing synergy playthroughs using
Spoiler:
The Yakumo Family? They wrecked every trash mob on the 16-18 floor and made the 3 golden orb fight a walk in the park after getting rid of the mage orb first of course with other characters

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #339 on: September 05, 2013, 11:33:58 PM »

Just did this. I put Attack if it uses attack, Magic if it uses magic and Composite if it uses both. Some surprising finds...
Spoiler:
Komachi's Narrow Confines uses Magic
Suika's Gathering and Dissipating uses Magic
Only Flandre's Leavatain is composite. Starbow Break uses Attack and Forbidden Fruit uses Magic.

Only ones I was missing are
Spoiler:
Ran and Yuuka
because I haven't recruited them. And I couldn't read what
Spoiler:
Eiki's
Wandering Sin used. I think it's magic, but I don't know for sure.
E: I'm pretty sure, looking at it, that Wandering Sin uses composite, but it's just...spelled...weird.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:51:34 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

Sahgren

« Reply #340 on: September 05, 2013, 11:59:58 PM »
Spoiler:
The Yakumo Family? They wrecked every trash mob on the 16-18 floor and made the 3 golden orb fight a walk in the park after getting rid of the mage orb first of course with other characters

I am. I just haven't been playing much this week, so I'm still on 12F.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #341 on: September 06, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »
can this be full screened? i feel like i'm missing something
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #342 on: September 06, 2013, 02:00:11 AM »
For now, the game can't be fullscreened. Might or might not be added on a later patch.

So the mandatory characters are, if I'm not mistaken,

Reimu
Marisa
Rinnosuke
Keine
Momiji
Youmu
Minoriko
Komachi
Hina
Rin
Spoiler:
Utsuho
Satori
Sanae
Iku
Remilia
Sakuya
Kanako
Suwako
Tenshi
Yuyuko
Yukari

Which is a bit less than half of all the characters.

Where do I report errors in the English wiki?
Signature

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #343 on: September 06, 2013, 02:11:06 AM »
Where do I report errors in the English wiki?
If it's translation related, here. Check out the references and translation document in the first post to see if your problem has already been addressed, and if not, you can put it on.

If it's anything else, right here will do.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #344 on: September 06, 2013, 02:20:05 AM »
Not to intrude, but can anyone tell me what Rinnosuke's First Aid spell scales from? I actually asked this before, and no one answered, so I'l simply ask if it's Magic, Attack, or Composite, ok?
Also, what ailments does it cure when it's at max level? Something tells me that it won't cure debuffs, no matter what, and it would be nice if I was wrong about that.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2013, 02:30:27 AM »
Not to intrude, but can anyone tell me what Rinnosuke's First Aid spell scales from? I actually asked this before, and no one answered, so I'l simply ask if it's Magic, Attack, or Composite, ok?
Also, what ailments does it cure when it's at max level? Something tells me that it won't cure debuffs, no matter what, and it would be nice if I was wrong about that.

It scales to both his magic and his attack, and cures heavy and silence in addition to the poison and terror.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:36:55 AM by ViciousYukkuri »

« Reply #346 on: September 06, 2013, 02:46:34 AM »
Spoiler:
Oh Yuuka. Your stats almost tricked me when I noticed you have a higher attack than magic. Thank you wiki for telling me she's a mage before I put everything into attack

jaxter0987

« Reply #347 on: September 06, 2013, 03:40:15 AM »
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Because I don't like speedsters and grabbing the Yakumo Family would mean getting a speedster and two supports. No amount of telling me how good Ran / Yukari's spellcards are will convince me to build them any other way. I kept Aya on my main initial run through because Aya > Sakuya in terms of buffing the teams Speed. Passive Speed buff, two free turns at the start of the battle plus making a character instantly able to act is just too good to pass up.
can this be full screened? i feel like i'm missing something
Can't be put in full screen though you can enlarge the gaming window by clicking and dragging.
Spoiler:
Oh Yuuka. Your stats almost tricked me when I noticed you have a higher attack than magic. Thank you wiki for telling me she's a mage before I put everything into attack
I honestly think this is unnecessary as its almost always obvious which attacking stat should be raised on a given character just by looking at their stat growths, with one exception. I guess it's still helpful to have though.
And
Spoiler:
Yuuka
is that exception. Its the same in LoT1 apparently though I never noticed.
It scales to both his magic and his attack, and cures heavy and silence in addition to the poison and terror.
Why can't people just say that when they discover how leveling up effects the spell? The Healer's Prayer of Good Health is another example of this. Why tell us it heals more ailments when its leveled up without telling us what new ailments it heals?
I'd also complain about the ambiguous does "X things" when leveled up but I can forgive those because those generally involve percentages that might not be easy to find out.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:48:54 AM by jaxter0987 »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #348 on: September 06, 2013, 04:07:46 AM »
Why can't people just say that when they discover how leveling up effects the spell? The Healer's Prayer of Good Health is another example of this. Why tell us it heals more ailments when its leveled up without telling us what new ailments it heals?
I'd also complain about the ambiguous does "X things" when leveled up but I can forgive those because those generally involve percentages that might not be easy to find out.

Keep in mind that this particular part of the articles haven't really been touched since they were first put up, and then they put the ambiguous statements as placeholders, or because that's what the in-game description said. Not to mention its a pain in the ass to test some of this stuff. I.E. for this particular issue I respeced Rinnosuke several times, had
Spoiler:
Remilia
do her thing to ailment herself and went around looking for something that silences to test that ailment. A lot of times, these things haven't been discovered yet, so it's up to us (people working on the wiki) to find and test these things on our own.

Sahgren

« Reply #349 on: September 06, 2013, 04:23:03 AM »
Warning: Character spoilers.

Completed my team! For now at least, I still need to recruit
Spoiler:
Yukari
to replace Keine. My team is so freakin' support heavy that I'm just building them all as glass cannons with support abilities to make up for my lack of damage dealers.

Spoiler:
12F Tenshi
actually took me a couple tries, largely because I forgot that she flips and spams
Spoiler:
Violent Motherland if you buff up too much and makes a point of targetting buffed characters
. Just when I was pondering if the run in general would be going better if I replaced
Spoiler:
Hell Crew
with
Spoiler:
MAlice
Spoiler:
Okuu
ended up being the only other character besides Kaguya and
Spoiler:
Reisen
to deal noticeable damage. Doesn't quite make up for the fact that the group doesn't really add anything to the run that I can't get elsewhere, but it was still amusing.

Edit: Ended up resetting Mokou into an attacker now that I have
Spoiler:
Tenshi
to tank. I should probably keep Mokou as a back up tank regardless, but I'll wait and see if
Spoiler:
Tenshi
can handle everything by herself first.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:57:38 AM by Sahgren »

jaxter0987

« Reply #350 on: September 06, 2013, 05:27:14 AM »
Warning: Character spoilers.

Completed my team! For now at least, I still need to recruit
Spoiler:
Yukari
to replace Keine. My team is so freakin' support heavy that I'm just building them all as glass cannons with support abilities to make up for my lack of damage dealers.

Spoiler:
12F Tenshi
actually took me a couple tries, largely because I forgot that she flips and spams
Spoiler:
Violent Motherland if you buff up too much and makes a point of targetting buffed characters
. Just when I was pondering if the run in general would be going better if I replaced
Spoiler:
Hell Crew
with
Spoiler:
MAlice
Spoiler:
Okuu
ended up being the only other character besides Kaguya and
Spoiler:
Reisen
to deal noticeable damage. Doesn't quite make up for the fact that the group doesn't really add anything to the run that I can't get elsewhere, but it was still amusing.

Edit: Ended up resetting Mokou into an attacker now that I have
Spoiler:
Tenshi
to tank. I should probably keep Mokou as a back up tank regardless, but I'll wait and see if
Spoiler:
Tenshi
can handle everything by herself first.
Hmm, when I look at your team, I see 6 damage dealers and 6 tank/ support characters. Unless you built
Spoiler:
Satori
as a support for some reason. Everyone else is easily classified in my opinion. Sure, you're lacking Cold, Wind and Dark damage dealers but you have enough of the others.
Spoiler:
Derp, Rin has a Dark attack. Reisen also has a Dark attack in Discarder, but I'm guessing due to its effects, it probably doesn't do much damage. I'll find out soon enough when I finally get her.

I don't think she can handle everything by herself.
Spoiler:
Spoiler'd because it'd be easy to figure out who it is when I say this: I'm pretty sure there's bunch of defense ignoring attacks towards the end of the game, as well as the two HP manipulation attacks (Half HP and HP reduced to 1). Tenshi would be a poor choice against those unless you pumped her HP enough. It's easily fixable with Voile but that was always the problem with Tenshi as a tank.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:33:48 AM by jaxter0987 »

Sahgren

« Reply #351 on: September 06, 2013, 06:40:22 AM »
Hmm, when I look at your team, I see 6 damage dealers and 6 tank/ support characters. Unless you built
Spoiler:
Satori
as a support for some reason. Everyone else is easily classified in my opinion. Sure, you're lacking Cold, Wind and Dark damage dealers but you have enough of the others.
Spoiler:
Derp, Rin has a Dark attack. Reisen also has a Dark attack in Discarder, but I'm guessing due to its effects, it probably doesn't do much damage. I'll find out soon enough when I finally get her.

Spoiler:
Iku
has the Wind covered, and if I felt like it,
Spoiler:
Eirin
actually has a Cold spell. Of course, that's using two support characters for offense, but when I have three other members with the ability to buff (counting
Spoiler:
Satori
), I'm not losing all that much using the former to attack. I'm not suicidal enough to use the latter for anything other than supporting though.
Spoiler:
Reisen
hits surprisingly hard if you focus on her magic given how much utility she brings to the team. It still isn't dedicated damage dealer level, but it can build up thanks to how much she'll be spamming.

Edit: Ok yeah, this team doesn't deal with the fire stratum very well. Chen suddenly went from MVP for trash clearing to approaching useless.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:59:29 AM by Sahgren »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2013, 06:43:00 AM »

Thank you for the answer to that question, Yukkuri-san. That was very good to actually know(since it means that one is not limited to ATK or MAG in trying to make good use of that spell).

Keep in mind that this particular part of the articles haven't really been touched since they were first put up, and then they put the ambiguous statements as placeholders, or because that's what the in-game description said. Not to mention its a pain in the ass to test some of this stuff. I.E. for this particular issue I respeced Rinnosuke several times, had
Spoiler:
Remilia
do her thing to ailment herself and went around looking for something that silences to test that ailment. A lot of times, these things haven't been discovered yet, so it's up to us (people working on the wiki) to find and test these things on our own.

And I'm glad that you did. Good job. I even checked the wiki after seeing the answer here, and found it there, too. I'm glad that I actually asked the question in the first place now, since it helped to ultimately contribute to the wiki, if indirectly.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

jaxter0987

« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2013, 07:35:43 AM »
Edit: Ok yeah, this team doesn't deal with the fire stratum very well. Chen suddenly went from MVP for trash clearing to approaching useless.
What? Kaguya rips things apart with Buddha's Stone Bowl / Hourai Barrage (I guess this would be a question for the translators, but are we going with the wiki name for this spell of hers?)

Spoiler:
And Okuu should be doing just fine with Giga Flare. Granted, all those spells are rather expensive, but you just need to have a battle where you stall while they recover MP in reserve every once in awhile and you're good to go.
Thank you for the answer to that question, Yukkuri-san. That was very good to actually know(since it means that one is not limited to ATK or MAG in trying to make good use of that spell).

And I'm glad that you did. Good job. I even checked the wiki after seeing the answer here, and found it there, too. I'm glad that I actually asked the question in the first place now, since it helped to ultimately contribute to the wiki, if indirectly.
There's still a lot of testing to be done so questions are good, though quite honestly I'm too lazy do anything about it. I'll probably start doing some tests after I finish this synergy run though, unless the rest of the content is somehow released by then.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:02:26 PM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »
Just did this. I put Attack if it uses attack, Magic if it uses magic and Composite if it uses both. Some surprising finds...
Spoiler:
Komachi's Narrow Confines uses Magic
Suika's Gathering and Dissipating uses Magic
Only Flandre's Leavatain is composite. Starbow Break uses Attack and Forbidden Fruit uses Magic.

Only ones I was missing are
Spoiler:
Ran and Yuuka

Spoiler:
Ran's
first 2 spells use magic stat only and 3rd spell is attack + magic - T.Def

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2013, 11:20:16 AM »
Since there appears to be no NG+ save files for the second game in the OP (not that there's an actual NG+, but I figure people might want to play with all characters unlocked at the beginning at some point), I guess I'll just attach one here.

Contents of the files are:
  • All characters unlocked
    Spoiler:
    except for Maribel and Renko because bluh
    . Level 1, no exp, 3 SP as usual.
  • No achievements unlocked (except for those related to character recruitment). All achievements visible.
  • No items (except for those received from the achievements).
  • No play time, no dungeon progress, and all areas in Gensokyo visited so you don't have to go through the tedious dialogues.

Just unzip, rename  the folder if you're already using your fifth slot and copy it into the game's save folder.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:51:39 PM by Wymar »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #356 on: September 06, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »
Decided to grind up some BP for the
Spoiler:
Ran, Yuuka, Eiki, and other events, except Flan since I don't have the members yet, and never have I loved the Subclass system as much as I do now
. I remember someone in the previous thread saying BP is only calculated at the end of battle, so you only gain 1 for your front line. Not sure if someone mentioned it but that is false and it's still the same as LoT1.

Murakumo

« Reply #357 on: September 06, 2013, 11:36:44 AM »
Slightly messed up with my old saves and try to figure out damage formulas. I don't know how to measure DEF and MND of mobs though.

For Reimu it seems like:
Yin-Yang Orb LVL1 - 105%PA+105%MA - ?%T.DEF/T.MND?
Yin-Yang Orb LVL5 - 125%PA+125%MA - ?%T.DEF/T.MND?

Fantasy Seal LVL1 - 125%PA+125%MA - ?%T.DEF/T.MND?
Fantasy Seal LVL5 - 150%PA+150%MA - ?%T.DEF/T.MND?

For Marisa it hard to say since damage variance is too big (even without "Sudden Impulse" skill), but in general:
Magic Missile LVL1 190-200%MA - ?T.MND
Magic Missile LVL5 230-240%MA - ?T.MND

Asteroid Belt has ridiculous damage variance. Formula pretty much the same as Magic Missile or maybe slightly lower. Around 175-185 to 200-220.

Master Spark LVL1 ~650%MA + ~ 8% per MP
Master Spark LVL5 ~800%MA + ~ 12% per MP

Concentration gets +3% per level

"Magic Training" skill add around 20% to damage per level (up to +40%)

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #358 on: September 06, 2013, 11:43:03 AM »
Decided to grind up some BP for the
Spoiler:
Ran, Yuuka, Eiki, and other events, except Flan since I don't have the members yet, and never have I loved the Subclass system as much as I do now
. I remember someone in the previous thread saying BP is only calculated at the end of battle, so you only gain 1 for your front line. Not sure if someone mentioned it but that is false and it's still the same as LoT1.
That's been known for a while, but I put it on the wiki nevertheless for good measure.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2013, 12:00:10 PM »
You gain 1 BP for your front row at the beginning of battle, and 1 BP for your front row at the end of battle.  So, 2 per battle if you keep the same formation.  Someone came up with different results in the past, but cited the trial version as his source.  If you're on v1.130, this is how it works.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.