Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 296687 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #690 on: August 19, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »
Yep, easy fix.

One of the level down messages had a note saying that you weren't sure of the context. Here's a screenshot.  http://i.imgur.com/IylUUmn.png

Menu options for bestiary and achievements aren't translated. The help message for both is also untranslated.  (It's possible I just missed these. If so, give me the address and I'll fix it)

0084AD8C: Maximum HP Increased

This is used in the level up screen for max HP. It doesn't fit with the rest (should be "HP Up"). Is it used anywhere else, i.e. where "Maximum HP increased" would be more appropriate?

And, of course, a ton of stuff doesn't fit. But I'll worry about that later.

Sahgren

« Reply #691 on: August 19, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
Spoiler:
The Alice fight on 7F seems to have changed. She didn't summon any vines to heal herself when I fought her, and instead summoned nothing but dolls to attack.

Edit: She also seemed to prioritize getting attacks out rather than replacing her dolls after she hit 50% health.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #692 on: August 19, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
Spoiler:
The Alice fight on 7F seems to have changed. She didn't summon any vines to heal herself when I fought her, and instead summoned nothing but dolls to attack.

Edit: She also seemed to prioritize getting attacks out rather than replacing her dolls after she hit 50% health.

Spoiler:
Well, I fought Alice before the patch 1.120, and she never summoned vines, only dolls, so the wiki fight overview may be wrong.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #693 on: August 19, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
Yep, easy fix.

One of the level down messages had a note saying that you weren't sure of the context. Here's a screenshot.  http://i.imgur.com/IylUUmn.png

Menu options for bestiary and achievements aren't translated. The help message for both is also untranslated.  (It's possible I just missed these. If so, give me the address and I'll fix it)

This is used in the level up screen for max HP. It doesn't fit with the rest (should be "HP Up"). Is it used anywhere else, i.e. where "Maximum HP increased" would be more appropriate?

I'll try looking for the beastiary and achievements stuff and get back to you on it. Also, for the Maximum HP Increased, if we went with ** UP for the rest of the Lvl UP menu, we can also just go with HP Up or Maximum HP Up (since the string itself was 最大HP上昇). I don't think it's used anywhere else, since the Magic Library one is HP強化 and the skill HP Boost description is HP基本値が増加する. So, yea, it would be better to change it to make it fit with the rest of the options.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #694 on: August 19, 2013, 09:49:39 PM »
Yep, easy fix.

OK, with the whole message it's easy to figure out what it meant. The whole phrase means "Already learned skills and already distributed level-up bonus will be retained, but an appropriate amount of skill points and level-up bonus will be taken away, leaving the current skill point and level-up bonus count in negatives if necessary."

By the way, expect item descriptions to take a very, very long while. I'm going to try and go through with items that reference things I know about (stuff like Nosferatu Tome, booster v0.8), but there are a ton more that I have absolutely no idea about, so I will 1) have to wait until the japanese wiki get its "original NETA" page up to actually know what they are, and 2) find people knowledgeable about the original works for those (if possible). There still seem to be some item names untranslated though, and I'll try to get that done as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:53:24 PM by RegalStar »

« Reply #695 on: August 19, 2013, 10:10:38 PM »
OK, with the whole message it's easy to figure out what it meant. The whole phrase means "Already learned skills and already distributed level-up bonus will be retained, but an appropriate amount of skill points and level-up bonus will be taken away, leaving the current skill point and level-up bonus count in negatives if necessary."

Uh, could you point out the addresses for that, and split it up accordingly? Thanks.

There's no rush on item descriptions. I'm not planning on including them in this menu patch.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #696 on: August 19, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
Uh, could you point out the addresses for that, and split it up accordingly? Thanks.

There's no rush on item descriptions. I'm not planning on including them in this menu patch.

That's the thing. I can't find the second and third line anywhere in the string dump of either 1.00 or 1.20. Maybe the string rump didn't include it for some reason.

Try searching それにより to find the second line, and ることがあります to find the third line.

« Reply #697 on: August 19, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
That's the thing. I can't find the second and third line anywhere in the string dump of either 1.00 or 1.20. Maybe the string rump didn't include it for some reason.

Try searching それにより to find the second line, and ることがあります to find the third line.

Oh. Hmm. Well that's no good. That's the end of the string, right? Found "場合によってはスキルポイントとLvUPボーナスストックが負の値を採ることがあります。" at 0084ADA0. Couldn't find anything for line 2. I'll try and figure out why that one line didn't show up, at least.

Anyway, dialogue:

http://i.imgur.com/51IIuDu.jpg

Some things to note:
@ is a newline, not a pause like I thought. Oops. This means there is no automatic word wrapping, which is probably actually a good thing.
Absolutely maximum line length is 58 characters. Any more than that will fall off the end.
Looks like 5 lines can appear in a single window.
Also, @ signs must appear on an even byte. This can be fixed easily by padding with a single space in front, so don't worry too much about it. I can just make something do that automatically.
On a related note, please do not ever put a space after an @ sign. This will appear as indentation on the next line. If you want a space for readability, please put it in front of the @ sign.

Finally, I think I can get a complete dump of the dialogue. It looks like it's a really simple function call. I can get the speaker easily, but finding out who else is on screen on that time is probably going to be more trouble than it's worth, so I won't bother. Either way, first thing is to apply the existing translations to the new patch.

« Reply #698 on: August 19, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »
Spoiler:
Well, not exactly 2 hours. Half of those time were spent navigating through 13F and 14F. AFAIK, Cirno is needed for 13F and Nazrin+Nitori for 14F. Those were the only one left.
If you know the BPs required for the boss behind the 60 achivements rock on 12F (the one that appears after you meet Flan) , let me know too.
Spoiler:
Late reply, but from the Japanese wiki, you need 500BP for the SDM group+Marisa, then the rock(on point B-7) will be gone. It's probably cumulative though.
Also, am I reading it wrong or did Byakuren really buffs all her stats and recover 20% EVERY turn? Slap some quick moves, then. Haven't got that far but that would be awesome, especially since she can copy it to other members.

Also, sorry  to bother but did the TL patch works for ver.1130? I don't understand how to use it since it's drowned in so many posts.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:24:47 PM by monhan »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #699 on: August 19, 2013, 11:27:19 PM »
Try searching this then: スキルポイントとLvUPボーナスストック. Line 3 should also turn up from this, but see if you can get another match.

« Reply #700 on: August 19, 2013, 11:33:45 PM »
No results. Bah. I'll figure it out later.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #701 on: August 19, 2013, 11:43:07 PM »
Also, sorry  to bother but did the TL patch works for ver.1130? I don't understand how to use it since it's drowned in so many posts.

There is no TL patch yet.

All characters are now up on the wiki
Spoiler:
Just missing one part on Yuuka's skill "Flowers do not Wither in Gensokyo", この際、自身の現MPが低ければ低いほどHPが回復し、自身の現HPが低ければ低いほどMPが回復する。HPが全快の場合、MPは回復しない。
The rest of the stuff should be pretty good.
I'm also missing Yuuka and Flandre's image because they weren't in the most recent chara folder.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:10:57 AM by kuilfrayt »

Minako The Maid

• Lady Remilia's Servant
  • Living in Scarlet Mansion
« Reply #702 on: August 19, 2013, 11:55:38 PM »
I can confirm that
Spoiler:
Flandre
fight does indeed appear in Floor 12.
And as someone mentioned, it indeed needs
Spoiler:
Battle Points to fight against.
It needs that required amount of BP on every character involved (
Spoiler:
SDM and Marisa
)
I also have images on location and fight itself if needed but as a new person in the forums, replies need approval from moderator and I'm not expecting to be able to link anything either...
Kinda sad I'm running around with characters of Lv+130... and yeah I have beaten the game few days ago, though wondering how to access
Spoiler:
Floors 21 and 22, along with Strengthened Bosses
But man... that
Spoiler:
Flandre is so adorable and so destructive like her THL1 counterpart...
Also, is
Spoiler:
Yuuka
Physical or Magic attacker, for some reason she has higher Atk than Magic and how do people give stat raises to composite characters like
Spoiler:
Cirno and Byakuren
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:22:03 AM by Minako The Maid »

« Reply #703 on: August 20, 2013, 01:18:22 AM »

Spoiler:
Just missing one part on Yuuka's skill "Flowers do not Wither in Gensokyo", この際、自身の現MPが低ければ低いほどHPが回復し、自身の現HPが低ければ低いほどMPが回復する。HPが全快の場合、MPは回復しない。
I'm also missing Yuuka and Flandre's image because they weren't in the most recent chara folder.
I see. I'll just keep playing like always then.

For that skill, I think it goes like "When Yuuka takes a turn, the lower her current MP, the more she will recover her HP and the lower her current HP, the more she will recover her MP. She won't recover MP when she has full health."
Will she still recover both when she has half or less of them? Scratch it, she'll recover both HP and MP, only she'll recover more the lower the other is. So you basically burn her MP when she's low on health and she'll charge fast when low on health. Undying Flower, indeed. Whether it's good or not depends on how much will she recover.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:28:37 AM by monhan »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #704 on: August 20, 2013, 01:37:55 AM »
Spoiler:
Btw, how did you guys deal with the 2 bosses on 20F? The sort of rock crystal thingy. I got them, but I feel like I was A: Lucky, B: Used the most bullshit technique I could find.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #705 on: August 20, 2013, 01:40:49 AM »

Spoiler:

Actually, it looks like "The lower current MP is, the less HP recovered, and the lower current HP is, the lower MP is". Maybe I'm misunderstanding the first part of "lower", or something. Please try actually testing it out in battle.

« Reply #706 on: August 20, 2013, 02:16:48 AM »
Python is awesome. Just letting everyone know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q5ul571cp0yoxr3

This is a preliminary menu patch for 1.130. It has a lot of text in for character names, Gensokyo menus, and battle text, but I'm sure not everything. The final menu patch will probably just include all of the item names in addition to this.

Let me know if there's important battle/gensokyo stuff that isn't included, or any inconsistencies (e.g. I just noticed that Aya can raise "AGI"). I want the translation to be consistent with LoT1 whenever possible, with regards to things like stat/status names.

http://www.mediafire.com/?eu9y4afaditmy2d

Here's a text dump of 1.130 and some translation files. It makes things a lot easier if they're split into separate files, so please do so from now on. The entries do not need to be sorted, so feel free to just tack stuff on to the end or to create entirely new files.  It's a lot easier than trying to pick out the new text from two different sets of changes to the full string dump.

Regarding the images, I've found someone to clean them. Hopefully he'll get the new set to me soon. I'll put out a new img1.dxa when everything is set. I also got a bunch of feedback on the image translations from a guy on IRC, so there will be text changes as well. For example, "Money" instead of "Yen". He made it quite clear that the word was not yen or gold or anything else.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #707 on: August 20, 2013, 02:34:46 AM »
One of the quick stuff I can already see, if you look at the Change Member option in the Human Village, some names still appear as japanese. I can kinda already see why it's like that, but I don't know if you would have a fix for it.
The current party formation and register party formation is a bit too big in the favorite menus, we'll probably have to find a smaller translation to fix it.
Probably better to change -Distribution Completed- to just -Completed-, so it's read more easily and doesn't take up too much space outside.
Stuff in the parameter distribution of the Magic Library isn't there.
Since we went with Main Gear/Sub Gear on the image.dxa, we probably want to do that on the translation too, since it's smaller and will fit better most of the time (it's changed on the text file I put up recently, but you probably didn't have it at the time)
Like you said earlier, bestiary and achievements aren't there.
We'll need to reduce the text for the Escape option, can't read it completly.
I'll post more as I go through it

Missing the last thing in the option menu http://i.imgur.com/yALnY4W.png (but I think they added this in the new patch)
In combat, there's AGI instead SPD for the buff/debuff
Also for debuffs/buffs, we'll need to remove the "-/+" because the game automatically puts it, so now we have 2 of them appearing. Correction: Only the "-" appears 2 times
Can't really anything else right now, other than most special buffs and abilities in battle not fitting on the screen, but that's not the concern right now.

I don't know what they did with patch 1.130, but removing 2000ish lines has to make quite a difference
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:55:12 AM by kuilfrayt »

Sahgren

« Reply #708 on: August 20, 2013, 02:43:42 AM »
Are we entirely certain that
Spoiler:
Ran's shikigami have 7.3k HP? Cause I've had to deal around 14k damage to kill them. Kinda ruins just locking Ran down by repeatedly murdering the shikigami.

« Reply #709 on: August 20, 2013, 03:00:06 AM »
One of the quick stuff I can already see, if you look at the Change Member option in the Human Village, some names still appear as japanese. I can kinda already see why it's like that, but I don't know if you would have a fix for it.
The current party formation and register party formation is a bit too big in the favorite menus, we'll probably have to find a smaller translation to fix it.
Probably better to change -Distribution Completed- to just -Completed-, so it's read more easily and doesn't take up too much space outside.
Stuff in the parameter distribution of the Magic Library isn't there.
Since we went with Main Gear/Sub Gear on the image.dxa, we probably want to do that on the translation too, since it's smaller and will fit better most of the time (it's changed on the text file I put up recently, but you probably didn't have it at the time)
Like you said earlier, bestiary and achievements aren't there.
We'll need to reduce the text for the Escape option, can't read it completly.
I'll post more as I go through it

Missing the last thing in the option menu http://i.imgur.com/yALnY4W.png (but I think they added this in the new patch)
In combat, there's AGI instead SPD for the buff/debuff
Also for debuffs/buffs, we'll need to remove the "-/+" because the game automatically puts it, so now we have 2 of them appearing. Correction: Only the "-" appears 2 times

I'm aware of the overflowing text; I'll deal with that later.
For gear/equipment, I would rather use "Equipment". That's what it is in the first game.
Noticed the AGI thing.
Good catch on the double -.

I might as well post the stuff my friend pointed out with the images. I trust him and his abilities, so if he says something should change it probably should change. It's a fairly rough transcript with some of my own notes/commens mixed in on following lines.

http://pastebin.com/U56CNGRi

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #710 on: August 20, 2013, 03:38:41 AM »

You're welcome. =P
thanks alot! finally dem bushes no more

Are we entirely certain that
Spoiler:
Ran's shikigami have 7.3k HP? Cause I've had to deal around 14k damage to kill them. Kinda ruins just locking Ran down by repeatedly murdering the shikigami.
Spoiler:
bestiary says 7,8k, then again it hardly matters because they are really weak anyway
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:42:35 AM by AkurouNyan~ »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Sahgren

« Reply #711 on: August 20, 2013, 04:17:22 AM »
All I know is that I smack
Spoiler:
the shikigamis for 5k twice in a row and they still have a little less than a third health less. Did they change it in the 1.3 patch and forget to change the bestiary or something?

Spoiler:
And I really appreciate the second Tenshi fight. I was expecting things to go a lot better when Byakuren and Shikieiki showed up.

« Reply #712 on: August 20, 2013, 04:48:14 AM »
http://gyazo.com/9e63662358ba8f2ed2e70d609ecc3f9d

Anyone know how to get through this event? It's a conversation between Yukari, Reimu, and Marisa.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #713 on: August 20, 2013, 04:57:57 AM »
All I know is that I smack
Spoiler:
the shikigamis for 5k twice in a row and they still have a little less than a third health less. Did they change it in the 1.3 patch and forget to change the bestiary or something?

Spoiler:
And I really appreciate the second Tenshi fight. I was expecting things to go a lot better when Byakuren and Shikieiki showed up.
Spoiler:
dunno for anyone else, i don't mean to dissapoint you but maybe that second Tenshi fight is the hardest boss fight in the game. Past that either cakewalk or just takes 2-4 tries. I blame things like broken komachi  and overheal h4x

also for anyone who wants to recruit
Spoiler:
Flandre
(from /jp/) the requirements are
Spoiler:
加入条件:紅魔組+魔理沙 各戦闘ポイント500以上で12F B-7にいく (Marisa, Remilia, Sakuya, Patchouli and Meiling all 500 BP each)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:53:00 AM by AkurouNyan~ »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #714 on: August 20, 2013, 05:13:03 AM »
Regarding the images, I've found someone to clean them. Hopefully he'll get the new set to me soon. I'll put out a new img1.dxa when everything is set. I also got a bunch of feedback on the image translations from a guy on IRC, so there will be text changes as well. For example, "Money" instead of "Yen". He made it quite clear that the word was not yen or gold or anything else.
Excellent. Hopefully I can learn something from that guy from his saving of the clusterfuck that is my images.
Reading your notes, do I tweak the images too or your editor can handle it all?

« Reply #715 on: August 20, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »
Excellent. Hopefully I can learn something from that guy from his saving of the clusterfuck that is my images.
Reading your notes, do I tweak the images too or your editor can handle it all?

Don't do anything for now. I'll see what happens after I get the images.

« Reply #716 on: August 20, 2013, 12:32:46 PM »
Spoiler:
also for anyone who wants to recruit
Spoiler:
Flandre
(from /jp/) the requirements are
Spoiler:
加入条件:紅魔組+魔理沙 各戦闘ポイント500以上で12F B-7にいく (Marisa, Remilia, Sakuya, Patchouli and Meiling all 500 BP each)
Spoiler:
And you have to put the SDM family in front line to fight her, I was stuck for that thing.

Spoiler:
I have already explored all floor entirely (I mean 1F-20F), I just need to pass these 2 rock in 12F (dunno how), 1 rock in 20F (88 achievements) and the Yukari event 16F.
If anyone can help me, I will appreciate it. :'

(I don't get the two FOEs thing, no FOEs in 12F. One of my friend tell me that it's about three " person " or something.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:48:20 PM by MiniTokki »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #717 on: August 20, 2013, 12:35:41 PM »
A few questions about Rinnosuke:
1.Does he have the HP High Boost skill from the start, or does he get it from somewhere? I'm asking because of the "?" in the "available when" portion of the skills that are listed(a section that doesn't seem to appear on anyone else, oddly. An error, perhaps?)  2. What stats does his First Aid spell run on: MAG, ATK, or both? Because it would really help out if that info was known, for the sake of knowing which High Boost skills will strengthen it. 3. I noticed that out of the four starting characters, his stats are the only ones whose growth rate(the number that shows up in a set of parenthesis, I presume) are not listed. Since you are listing such numbers in general, I would like to ask why his hasn't been listed as of yet.

Finally, a thought about stats themselves: what would be considered the most important stat for all characters? My opinion on this is that SPD is the best stat, because it's much easier to win fights if you end up having about five or more turns before the enemy even gets one. SPD is also good because it determines how quickly you recover HP and MP while in reserve, meaning that less time is spent waiting for them to be able to be ready to hit enemies with a high power, high cost attack(Master Spark in particular comes to mind).

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:14:38 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #718 on: August 20, 2013, 01:07:03 PM »
Spoiler:
And you have to put the SDM family in front line to fight her, I was stuck for that thing.

Spoiler:
I have already explored all floor entirely (I mean 1F-20F), I just need to pass these 2 rock in 12F (dunno how), 1 rock in 20F (88 achievements) and the Yukari event 16F.
If anyone can help me, I will appreciate it. :'

(I don't get the two FOEs thing, no FOEs in 12F. One of my friend tell me that it's about three " person " or something.)
Sorry about that. It was a misinformation.
Spoiler:
I think those 2 rocks on 12F are unsolvable as of now, but I think they are related to post-game contents.

« Reply #719 on: August 20, 2013, 02:50:05 PM »
Sorry about that. It was a misinformation.
Spoiler:
I think those 2 rocks on 12F are unsolvable as of now, but I think they are related to post-game contents.
Np. Thanks anyway.

Seems like some achievements are not working, like 62, 87 and 88.