Author Topic: Rise of Circuiturgy: Beginnings  (Read 20980 times)

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
Rise of Circuiturgy: Beginnings
« on: June 11, 2013, 04:25:55 AM »
>You find yourself awakening on what feels like jagged rock. Your head is pounding like mad as you try to process where you are or what is going on.
>
> First and foremost, you cannot see a thing. The location is in utter darkness. You scrounge around at the ground, trying to feel your way around the location. You have utterly no idea how you ended up in such a strange place. Struggling to your feet, you notice how sore your whole body is.
>
>After some testing steps ahead in the blackness, you feel a small sack at your waist. You dig inside for something that might help. You locate a small stick which glows with a miniscule green light. You shrug it off, as any light is better than nothing.
>
>With your newfound vision, you wander forward blindly, struggling to find your way around with the pitiful light of the glowing stick. You smack headfirst into a wall, and notice a shiny surface. Peering into it, you make out your reflection.

(How does this character appear in the mirror? Are they male, or female? What are some notable features they have?)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Rise of Circuiturgy: Beginnings
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 04:29:21 AM »
>We have to look down to see this mirror, because our hugeness is off the chain.  Or rather, we're hella giant.
>Also, female. And an rather handsome one at that, with nice green hair.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48:02 AM »
Purvis, I do not quite comprehend your tendency towards gigantification.

>We have to look down to see this mirror, because our hugeness is off the chain.  Or rather, we're hella giant.

> On the contrary, we are dwarfed by the mirror. Our stature is disappointingly diminutive.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »
> We are a male of above average height with a beard and a mustache. In spite of our Scottish accent, we are known as "the Spaniard".
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:08:59 AM by capt. h »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 12:15:10 PM »
>We have to look up at the mirror because we are located on the ceiling, as always. We never really got the hang of gravity.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Spidere

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »
> On the contrary, we are dwarfed by the mirror. Our stature is disappointingly diminutive.
>Also, female. And an rather handsome one at that, with nice green hair.

>You fluff up some attractive green hair. At least, you're fairly sure it's green hair. It might just be the glowing stick, after all.
>
>You try to discern your height, but no matter how much you try, you can't seem to get anything concrete. The mirror-surface is about eye-level, and there's nothing to base your height on otherwise. You still, however, take the time to muse on the fantasy of being a giant.

>We have to look up at the mirror because we are located on the ceiling, as always. We never really got the hang of gravity.

>What if you aren't even on the floor at all?! The sudden realization makes you gasp.
>You shake your head and try to get the terrifying thought away. There's no time for paranoia!

> We are a male of above average height with a beard and a mustache. In spite of our Scottish accent, we are known as "the Spaniard".

>What on earth is Scottish? Or Spaniard? The words that pop into your head make no sense to you.
>
>After discovering your hair, you find yourself at another crossroads: You are still unsure as to the details of your gender. You'd rather not have to grab your crotch, as it'd be very rude.  But it appears to be your only option.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 08:10:09 PM »
>Make sure nobody is around, then stealthily look down your pants.
>You are wearing pants, right?
>...right?

EDIT:
>Well if we aren't a guy for some reason, we should shave off this facial hair before people start mistaking us for one
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:21:38 PM by LaserTurtle »
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »
>Check chest for the usual growths.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »
> We're allowed to decide our gender regardless of our sex! Are we not part of an enlightened society? Are we not entitled to the comfort of our own body? People of the world!
> We are a dude, by the way.

Spidere

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 11:50:30 PM »
>Make sure nobody is around, then stealthily look down your pants.
>You are wearing pants, right?
>...right?
>Well if we aren't a guy for some reason, we should shave off this facial hair before people start mistaking us for one
> We're allowed to decide our gender regardless of our sex! Are we not part of an enlightened society? Are we not entitled to the comfort of our own body? People of the world!
> We are a dude, by the way.

> You carefully peer down your pants, as stealthily as possible.
> Yes, definitely of the male variety.
>
> It strikes you to check what you're actually wearing. You note the well-made cloth trousers of a dark blue, and a coat that drops down to above your knees. You feel the undershirt you have on underneath, noting it's material as a fine cotton, likely pre-shrunk. There continues to be a small sack on your belt.
> ...You kinda look a bit like a bum, honestly.

>Check chest for the usual growths.

> You grab your chest. You discover two finely crafted nipples underneath your clothes.

> After discovering your slightly homely appearance, you realize you should look for some sort of exit. Your stomach growls a bit at you.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 12:03:37 AM »
> Is there anything behind the mirror, or is it affixed to a wall?
> If there is a wall, follow it. It should curve to an exit eventually. Probably. Maybe.

Spidere

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 01:18:47 AM »
> Is there anything behind the mirror, or is it affixed to a wall?
> If there is a wall, follow it. It should curve to an exit eventually. Probably. Maybe.

> The "mirror" is actually just a very reflective surface on the wall. It doesn't even seem to be glass...
>
> You follow the wall, and, as expected, it curves into a black door. You slide a finger along it to discern if it's made of metal, and find it a very odd feeling material. It's very warm to the touch.
> Upon closer inspection, you find there's no way to look through it, nor is there light coming through any of it's edges.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 02:48:36 AM »
>Knock on the door. Three times.
>Then kick the door open and dive roll into action!

Spidere

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 04:40:11 AM »
>Knock on the door. Three times.
>Then kick the door open and dive roll into action!

> You gently knock exactly three times before kicking the door with all of your might! It flies open and you dive roll in.
> You tumble into a well-lit room, sliding slightly on the smooth rock underneath you as you finish.
>
> Your slide throws you off an edge. You turn yourself around and grab the edge with one hand, not missing a beat.
> You are now afflicted with HANGING FOR POTENTIALLY DEAR LIFE.

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 04:53:52 AM »
>Look straight down below us.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 07:41:30 AM »
> If this reveals that we are hanging for dear life, then PULL UP PULL UP PULL UP

Spidere

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 01:41:07 AM »
> If this reveals that we are hanging for dear life, then PULL UP PULL UP PULL UP

> You look down below you, finding magma and flaming rocks a far distance below.
> You scramble back up onto the ledge.
>
> While catching your breath, you look around the room. There are torches hung on the walls, with additional light being provided by the flames below. You look around the room.
> The area itself is structured out of rock, with a thin, dangerous pathway leading across the chasm you nearly hurled yourself into. The rest of the room is uneventful. There is a door identical to the one you entered the room in at the end of the pathway.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:43:32 AM by Spidere »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 01:55:36 AM »
>cross the chasm as carefully and quickly as you can without getting to know flaming rocks and magma through close contact

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 02:11:45 AM »
>Scratch our nose.

Spidere

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 02:55:48 AM »
>cross the chasm as carefully and quickly as you can without getting to know flaming rocks and magma through close contact

> You run across the chasm, managing to make it to the other side safely.

>Scratch our nose.

> You scratch your nose. Every great feat deserves a reward, after all.

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 03:17:32 AM »
>Kick down the door with our foot.

Spidere

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
>Kick down the door with our foot.

> You hammer the door with your foot. It holds fast and you almost fall backwards to your death.
> Thankfully, you manage to restore your balance in time.
>
> You note a tiny latch on the door.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 01:14:24 AM »
>knock. Two times.
>Use the latch to open the door, if possible.

Spidere

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 02:57:49 AM »
>knock. Two times.
>Use the latch to open the door, if possible.

> You knock twice, putting a tiny bit of sass in your stance.
>
> After confirming no one is going to answer, you gently pull open the door using it's latch. You waltz on through.
> You find yourself on a massive rock cliffside, still (presumably) underground. Below, you find a village filled with tiny huts made of bones, stones, and other indecipherable materials. Hundreds of people rush to and from a grand castle, the ones going carrying chests and bags, and the ones coming back being empty-handed. There are fires scattered around the entire area.
> The ceiling of the area is at least four stories high.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 05:53:02 AM »
>is there anything noteworthy about the insignificant peasants people below?
>Come to think of it, is there anything noteworthy about ourself?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:44 AM »
> Do the people down there seem hostile? Can they see us from up here?
> By the way, what's in our bag anyway, aside from the glowstick?

Spidere

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 01:29:24 AM »
>is there anything noteworthy about the insignificant peasants people below?
>Come to think of it, is there anything noteworthy about ourself?

> You can't make out anything concrete from this far away.
>
> You quickly think about yourself. You can't think of much noteworthy right now, other than your naturally green facial hair.

> Do the people down there seem hostile? Can they see us from up here?
> By the way, what's in our bag anyway, aside from the glowstick?

> You are uncertain if they're hostile. They appear to be completely focused on their task at hand, however.
>
> You dig in your bag for anything noteworthy. You find:
> Leather Book, Rock.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 12:26:49 PM »
> Anything notable about the rock?
> Read leather book.

Spidere

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 12:37:58 AM »
> Anything notable about the rock?
> Read leather book.

> It is a rock.
>
> You flip through the leather book. Almost every page is completely blank, it seems.
> You notice a single page with a drawing of a weird circle, containing other shapes and characters inside of it. You really don't understand any of it.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 01:47:20 AM »
>Wait, do we even know how to read?