Author Topic: Misadventures of the ⑨th Degree (A Walfas Comic)  (Read 7300 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Misadventures of the ⑨th Degree (A Walfas Comic)
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:18:51 PM »
If this is the wrong section, please let me know. I doubt it though, because I looked and saw that there was a walfas comic in this section in the past...
Anyways, here are the first two issues of my comic, Misadventures of the ⑨th Degree, starring Cirno and Team ⑨. (Sorry if they are hard to read (the forum shrunk them), you may have to right click on them and click "view image" to read them better)

Issue 001: Boredom

Notes:
Spoiler:
I couldn't really think of a way to start the comic, so I just started it off like this.

For those who don't know, Cirno' substitution of "I" with "eye" is a meme referring to one of Cirno's lines, which when translated or read wrong comes out to "Eye am the strongest".

Issue 002: Enter Mystia

Notes:
Spoiler:
I know the background is stretched in panel 6, but I needed it to look like the same background from a different angle, this was the best I could do.

For those of you who are new to Touhou or just don't know, the joke in this issue is that Yuyuko (pink-haired girl in the blue dress) is quite fond of eating Mystia and because of that Mystia was hiding from her. (Until Cirno blew her cover, that is.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:20:59 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Misadventures of the ⑨th Degree (A Walfas Comic)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 12:27:07 AM »
Issue 003: Options

Notes:
Spoiler:
Initially I was going to zoom in on Mystia and her surroundings, but I didn't want to re-pose everything.

Panel 3: According to this, Mokou is Mystia's competition.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:29:27 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 02:14:08 AM »
I like your sense of humor!

Also your willingness to work with 6 panels instead of the usual 3 or 4. :V

Also also, I think comics and the like are supposed to go in Alice's Art Atelier. No need to worry though, the mods will move it for you if you ask.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:16:47 AM by Puppy Puppy Puppy »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:13:58 PM »
Also also, I think comics and the like are supposed to go in Alice's Art Atelier. No need to worry though, the mods will move it for you if you ask.

I'm actually not quite sure about that, it's sort of hard to choose the section a comic goes in because comics are right on that border between Art and Literature. There are also a couple of comic topics in this section, so I'll just keep the comic here for now, unless a Mod comes by and says otherwise.

Anyways:

Issue 004: Argument

Notes:
Spoiler:
Panel 6: For those who don't know, the Wriggle Kick is a meme spawned by Imperishable Night. The meme comes from the habit of players moving to the top of the screen to collect powerups. Sometimes, this is timed perfectly with Wriggle's arrival on screen, Wriggle collides with and kills the unlucky player who happened to be up where Wriggle appears. This makes it look like as if Wriggle kicked the player, thus Boot Sign ~ Wriggle Kick was born.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »
You know you don't have to leave notes at the bottom explaining the punchline, right? You are in a forum for Touhou.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »
The explanations are primarily for the noobs who recently got into Touhou.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
I've been in Touhou for a while, and I didn't know about the "Wriggle Kick". I find it humorous, especially the origin. I've had a Parsee Tackle before in SA, though...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
Issue 005: Breaking the Fourth Wall

Notes:
Spoiler:
Panel 6 is the first time I'm using OCs (Original Characters) in the comic. I will continue to use OCs, albeit very sparingly. I prefer to use the Touhou characters anyway, since this is a Touhou comic.

For those who don't know what Breaking the Fourth Wall means: Breaking the fourth wall is when a character states that he/she is in a tv show/comic/book/game/etc. like Cirno and Wriggle do in panel 5.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:42:22 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

oso

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:56 AM »
Issue 005: Breaking the Fourth Wall
Notes:
Spoiler:
Panel 6 is the first time I'm using OCs (Original Characters) in the comic. I will continue to use OCs, albeit sparingly. I prefer to use the Touhou characters anyway, since this is a Touhou comic.

I think it would be much better if for panel 6 you used Touhou characters only. Perhaps have Sukia create an oni shaped door through the "4th wall" of the shrine and have Reimu order her to repair it.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 03:43:14 AM »
I think it would be much better if for panel 6 you used Touhou characters only. Perhaps have Sukia create an oni shaped door through the "4th wall" of the shrine and have Reimu order her to repair it.
I think using OCs in this comic is fine, but only as some random characters to fill up some random roles.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 08:35:35 PM »
Issue 006: Hi Rumia.

Notes:
Spoiler:
I was originally going to have Rumia in the trash can, rather than behind it, but create.swf does not have a prop for an open trash can.

Also who puts a trash can in the middle of the forest anyway?!?!

Issue 007: Flashback!

Notes:
Spoiler:
Panel 6: callback to Issue 005, in which the fourth wall is broken for the first time.

Panels 2 and 3: Have you ever had a flashlight shine into your eyes? Think about how that feels for a youkai of darkness.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 10:14:55 PM »
And another member of Team 9 falls victim to Flashlight Spark.