Author Topic: Rewrite Mafia (Game Over - Town and Third Party Win)  (Read 72983 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Rewrite Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #360 on: May 23, 2013, 11:33:44 PM »
I still think huh what is off this game but I can see there's no chance of wagoning him today.  I'll be able to make a more solid case or rethink my opinion during D2 however.

I'll look at Affinity and SS again since it seems that those are the only candidates for the lynch at this point.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #361 on: May 23, 2013, 11:36:21 PM »
Votecount

Affinity(5): BigBangMeteor, SilentShaman, Raikaria, Zakeri, huh what
SilentShaman(4): BT, Bardiche, Validon98, Serela
Raikaria(1): Affinity
Not voting (2): I have no name
With 11 votes in play it takes 6 to lynch.
There are ~2.5 hours remaining in the day.

« Reply #362 on: May 23, 2013, 11:37:12 PM »
Thought over stuff further, waiting for IHNN's post.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #363 on: May 23, 2013, 11:51:33 PM »
woah I didn't realize there was actually a full wagon on affinity

Go me, I though SS was still far and away the leading wagon, hence Apathy.

Although really, there's nothing for me to add to the SS case. :T I don't really -object- to an Affinity lynch, it's just that I'd like a Kay lynch more.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #364 on: May 23, 2013, 11:58:18 PM »
(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻

##Unvote

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #365 on: May 24, 2013, 12:07:31 AM »
SilentShaman:
-First half of content is focusing on the voteblock.  Don't like how nothing else was mentioned then, but for a majority of voteblock-oriented posts that was all that was going on.
-Votes Bard for hard defending Serela.  Hard defending isn't scummy IMO, but that's subjective.
-Says that being asked to give reads and giving a lot of null reads is scummy.  On D1 you can't expect a lot of solid reads...which is exactly why Bard was voted, for defending Serela for "a really extreme defense for it to just be based on ED1 thoughts"
-"If someone does something that looks suspicious, it should be considered after whatever provoked it is over. If the intent of something seems scummy, that's not something that should be ignored or dismissed as being "over"."  I already posted I disagree with this statement, at least not without reconsidering things as other things happen.
-switches to Affinity on a Not Me Over Me.  Null since anyone would do that.
Overall I can't really say that I think this lynch is much more likely to flip than the average player right now.  The Bard vote was weak and the amount of time spent on the voteblock is disconcerting.

Affinity:
I can't see Affinity as scum right now.  I don't see why he's a wagon.  I thought he was a bit scummy before but upon looking at his posts again it's really due to reaching different conclusions from the same facts.

##Vote: SilentShaman  (L-1)

Why are people finding Affinity scummy, right now?  I don't see any arguments in the recent parts of the thread.

« Reply #366 on: May 24, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
 8) LYNCHER WIN 8)

:smug: LYNCHER WIN :smug:

8) LYNCHER WIN 8)

:smug: LYNCHER WIN :smug:

8) LYNCHER WIN 8)

##Vote: Kay (L-0)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #367 on: May 24, 2013, 12:11:25 AM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #368 on: May 24, 2013, 12:18:27 AM »
Final Votecount

SilentShaman(6): BT, Bardiche, Validon98, Serela, I have no name, huh what
Affinity(4): BigBangMeteor, SilentShaman, Raikaria, Zakeri
Raikaria(1): Affinity
Not voting (0): Nobody
With 11 votes in play it takes 6 to lynch.

"What cruel fate is twisting causing us such pain?"
"I swear on my pride that I shal-"
In the middle of his rant, SilentShaman was shot down by a figure in the shadows.
"... You're too loud."
SilentShaman - Yoshino, Self-proclaimed Delinquent(Vanilla Townie) was lynched D1!

It is now Night 1, you have 24 hours to send in any night actions that you may or may not have.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:59:53 AM by Momiji Inubashiri »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
Re: Rewrite Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #369 on: May 24, 2013, 11:56:30 PM »
"This is..."
Zakeri's eyes widened. The identities of their enemies were none other than...
"I need to tell everyone before-"
Unfortunately for her, she had already been surrounded.
Zakeri's muffled scream was heard by none that night.
Zakeri - Lucia, Humanity's Future(Vanilla Townie) disappeared N1!

Votecount

Not voting(10): Shadoweh, huh what, Serela, BT, I have no name, BigBangMeteor, Validon98, Raikaria, Bardiche, Affinity
With 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

You have ~72 hours remaining in the day.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:45:50 AM by Momiji Inubashiri »

« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »
one of bard and bt is scum seeing as they're both still alive

also BBM is not kotarou apparently

also ##Vote: IHNN

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #371 on: May 25, 2013, 12:05:51 AM »
##Vote Shadoweh
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #372 on: May 25, 2013, 12:14:10 AM »
I don't think Shadoweh would've NKed her #1 defender tbh. she's probably town.

« Reply #373 on: May 25, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »
probably not gonna write a real post until tomorrow, just a heads up

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #374 on: May 25, 2013, 12:16:47 AM »
OH MY GOD HE'S LOOKING FOR ME

I really appreciate you trying to run me up while I was afk, because you would have felt pretty silly when I flipped. Then again after that lyncher win celebration I'm really not sure that was an accident. <_< I.. really should have realized Zakeri would die Night 1. Checking to see if Serela is a horrible person:

##Vote: Serela DON'T STEAL MY VOTE SERELA

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2013, 12:19:01 AM »
Then again after that lyncher win celebration I'm really not sure that was an accident. <_<
i wonder if motktown would have the balls to lynch me instead of letting me coast if i claimed harmless neutral wwwww

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2013, 12:23:34 AM »
I wouldn't call a town-focused lyncher to be a harmless neutral. >_> You keep your ass away from me mister, I'm watching you.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2013, 12:24:21 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Shadoweh

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2013, 12:26:46 AM »
Why are people finding Affinity scummy, right now?end of D1  I don't see any arguments in the recent parts of the thread.
Would still like this answered, if people still find him scummy.

I?ve already mentioned I dislike huh what from D1 due to the oneliners everywhere.  The average amount of lines per post is 2, which isn?t bad if the content is good, but that?s where HW falls flat.  His reasoning is almost entirely nonexistent (see here for an example, the line on Serela is the closest he came). 
Worth noting: I'm inclined to think this game only has 2 mafias, since it's 12p + a voteblock. Probably with a third party too because :roles:.
His focus on roles is not beneficial to town on D1, or D2, or any day.
He?s called NNR vigbait and a confused Validon someone he?d vig.  Directing a theoretical vig/influencing where they shoot is helpful?how?  It?s not, this isn?t Popcorn mafia.  Yet.
His end of D1 consists of suspecting anyone and everyone who had been suspected, as seen in these ending posts.  Worth noting that here HW did not suspect Affinity but switched to him over SS, someone he called scum several times, due to SilentShaman?s claim.  This looks to me like going with the flow of the game posts a lot to seem active and the few ?original thought processes? are role shenanigans and not actual scumhunting.

##Vote: Huh What

This post implies that he?s a lyncher, though here he claimed PGO (and said it was a serious claim).  I highly doubt that these would be together even in a Dormio setup, but this is just the icing on the cake that I believe HW is doing all he can to try to survive over finding scum.  Even his opening post of D2 is like that, ?PoEing? scum to Bard/BT, going back to the Kotarou character/role shenanigans and making a blanket vote on me, possibly because I expressed suspicion of him D1.  Purpose of this paragraph?  I believe the lyncher thing is a gambit to keep people from voting him as "he's fulfilled his win condition" and the PGO claim is another gambit to keep people from wanting to kill him at night.
Well your case is going to fall apart when the person I've been voting all day flips scum so :colbert:.
The person you were voting all day did not flip scum.  Either way, my case has nothing to do with the alignment of the players you were voting but the way you went about doing so.

In terms of other scumreads, I need to read through D1 again to see if I can glean anything but HW is where the lynch today should go people.

« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2013, 12:26:53 AM »
seriously though I'm not a lyncher. end of d1 I figured out Kay was town but also figured out everyone around would handwave my reasons as WIFOM so I went "fuck helping town" and hammered

i dunno if affinity was scum though

##Unvote
##Vote: IHNN

he had a bunch of reasons to find me suspicious but then only posted some jabs at my ed1, did nothing to convince people i was scum and then just took snipes at the main targets of the day which is Pretty Bad.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #380 on: May 25, 2013, 12:28:38 AM »
Votecount

Shadoweh(1): Serela
Serela(1): Shadoweh
huh what(1) I have no name
I have no name(1): huh what
Not voting(6): BT, BigBangMeteor, Validon98, Raikaria, Bardiche, Affinity
With 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

You have ~71.5 hours remaining in the day.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:45:42 AM by Momiji Inubashiri »

« Reply #381 on: May 25, 2013, 12:28:46 AM »
Also I'm not actually PGO if anybody cares, but targeting me does nothing.

« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
Also, Shadoweh, if you're actually Koutarou then it's in your best interest to let me survive to N2 8)

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2013, 12:30:12 AM »
Ralkaria should be playing solitaire and not mafia if he is to insist about me 'manipulating' BBM's vote so rabidly despite my words.  At least there you can be bound by your own logical perspectives without repercussions.  Please get it into your head that a target is viable regardless of the number of votes on him at the time.

I still did suspect BBM towards the end of yesterday, but I tried to go on Rai cause I didn't like his votejumps.  Lack of consistency in voting is a very big thing to me, even more than a stubborn vote maintained throughout the day (BBM).  Switching my vote doesn't mean that I've gotten tired of him or anything.

Why should I have hammered when huhwhat and others said that he wanted time to read me and SS, and IHNN hasn't made his read yet?  I'm not one to get in the way of town discussion, and Rai using it as yet another point against me is grasping for straws.  Bleh, I'm so exasperated at his attack on me I think I have to look away for a bit.  It's like a lump of saturated fat.

And if my cases on BBM and Ralkaria haven't interested you, Bard, then I'm pretty sad.  I'll make up for it by agreeing that Shadoweh's sudden defence of me, while appreciated (towards Zak, even) doesn't ring true given that I'm her only suspect for most of D1.

Let me think.

===

@ninjas: huhwhat, what do you think IHNN could have said against SS if you think he was just taking snipes at him.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2013, 12:32:10 AM »
he had a bunch of reasons to find me suspicious but then only posted some jabs at my ed1, did nothing to convince people i was scum and then just took snipes at the main targets of the day which is Pretty Bad.
Misrep, I mentioned your ED1 but also your end of D1, and you exaggerated focus on roles.
Let's see, what post describes what I want to say here?
Oh right.
not reading the posts of his #1 suspect.
Hypocritical a bit maybe?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #385 on: May 25, 2013, 12:32:37 AM »
##Unvote Shadoweh

« Reply #386 on: May 25, 2013, 12:33:07 AM »
issue is more than as town he should've been focusing on making me a viable lynch target instead of just posting some outdated reasons to suspect me then saying "yeah these people everybody thinks are scummy are pretty scummy"

« Reply #387 on: May 25, 2013, 12:34:02 AM »
id probably consider reading your posts if i was town and wanted to lynch mafia but i basically have this game in the bag and would rather coast

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #388 on: May 25, 2013, 12:35:09 AM »
Also: I voted SS because between SS and Affinity I found SS a lot more likely to flip scum since when I posted, there was 0 chance of a wagon on HW which was and is my main scumread.  If my reasoning on SS seems a little flimsy that's because I will admit it is somewhat flimsy-but at that point my vote was only going to end up being for consolidation and would be useless if not on one of 2 people.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #389 on: May 25, 2013, 12:36:54 AM »
id probably consider reading your posts if i was town and wanted to lynch mafia but i basically have this game in the bag and would rather coast
Non-town post right here IMO.  Why are we not lynching this in the...pixelated...duck...face...thing yet?

issue is more than as town he should've been focusing on making me a viable lynch target instead of just posting some outdated reasons to suspect me then saying "yeah these people everybody thinks are scummy are pretty scummy"
Well when the entire game thus far is D1 and I went through the entire D1 to try to make a case, not sure how you can consider my reasons "outdated".