Author Topic: Rewrite Mafia (Game Over - Town and Third Party Win)  (Read 73534 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Rewrite Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:24 PM »
Your best bet for understanding the thread is, well, reading the thread. People "explain what's going on" by causing the goings on. You're gonna have a hard time playing mafia if you don't want to read the thread, that's pretty much fundamental.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2013, 08:40:33 PM »
But you guys are all quoting like one post. There's seven fricking pages here. Where the hell is this post everyone keeps using as evidence against Shaman?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »
So for example you can get your own opinion on the Shaman wagon by checking the arguments against her, then checking if they hold water by reading what they're talking about (basically factchecking), then also checking the other wagons and establishing a mental priority list. This is probably hard to parse but if you read the thread it'll all come on its own I think.

Cut: Uh, I don't think it's "one post", but the arguments are about the Bardiche vote (and handling of) and why it's likely to come from scum.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2013, 08:44:35 PM »
Okay, I found the post Bardiche used that mentions the two seperate posts... except the link to the second post that doesn't mention Bardiche in Shaman's defense is broken, so... yeah. Time to dig through this fricking kudza thread despite the fact I should be doing other things right now. >.<

« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2013, 08:48:01 PM »
I still like my vote being on Kay. She rests her vote on Bard and responds to questioning about it, but she doesn't really consider any further content of Bard's or attempt to push her case. It makes the vote look like it's just there so that we think she's Doing Stuff. Bard's recent post put it pretty nicely.

@Zak: I made the post blatantly charged on purpose in hopes of a more telling reaction. The theorized role could've belonged to town or scum imo.

@BT: Don't know what to tell you, aside from the voteblock reaction Raikaria generally gives me townvibes. Rather than worry about whether Shadoweh has some bastard restriction I'd rather just hear her state her take on the reactions to the voteblock.

Would probably vig Validon due to how much he's playing up excuses / confusion.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:38 PM »
Actually give me the chance to read the fucking thread. Then I'll give my opinions. I'm not playing up my confusion. This is real, because I've only been able to passively glance at the thread without actually giving a lot of thought to it. Give me a goddamn break.

« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2013, 09:11:07 PM »
Also, Affinity, your reasons for dismissing the case on Kay ignore a lot of what's actually suspicious about her; namely, doing little to actually push the case on Bard, poorly justifying why his defense has scum intent, not keeping up with the rest of his posts, etc. I mean yeah scum could've voted somebody else, but that doesn't mean there's no reason for scum!Kay to have voted Bard.

« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »
Still would like Kotarou to nameclaim, btw.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2013, 09:12:33 PM »
I personally did not want to jump on it at first because I felt it would just seem like I was jumping on without adding much. At this point, I don't even know if I should be on it anymore. I should really just go through and reread everything in the thread, but I honestly don't want to. Of course, by not rereading it, I won't understand everyone's reasons for who they are voting for (they all mention certain posts about how they act, but that doesn't clarify a whole lot for me because I don't remember every post).
I'm not trying to be hostile either, I just wanted a little bit of clarification. I have absolutely no idea what's going on right now, so I'm not really being hostile towards anyone. I'd probably be able to better contribute if I actually understood what the hell was going on.

It's this that makes you proper vigbait. Regardless of alignment, if you don't understand what's going on and don't want to actually read the thread, you're playing up your confusion by giving a condition to clear for you to understand what's going on and by then declaring you rather not satisfy that condition.

You're of no help to town so long as you keep posting about how you don't understand anything.

Regardless, the post I talked about is here; I accidentally linked SS's profile because -> show all posts is the RiI tool of choice.

Going all ragey isn't appropriate at this point. There's been eight pages and you haven't been able to give content beside "everything confuses me" (dumbed down). At this point, even if you aren't new, you might as well be considering you don't seem to understand how to play the game (at least here). At MOTK, such people get to LYLO and are taken advantage of by scum. For town, it's advantageous you die before LYLO.

Also huh what you voted Affinity after I did and now say you agree with my case on Kay (SS I assume?). You're not trying to buddy to me, right? D: (I'm not Kotarou!)

« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2013, 09:20:10 PM »
Kay is SilentShaman, yeah. 12 characters are a bitch to type when somebody also has a 3-letter nick. Also your case on her said most of what I wanted to say this morning before I actually said it.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2013, 09:20:53 PM »
Okay, from what I understand of the Shaman wagon, he (she?) voted Bardiche because of "hard defending Serela," and that was it. No explanation. That does seem a bit scummy because it was not giving a lot of time for a response considering by then, the whole Serela debacle should have been over. In fact, it was over. So that does in fact seem suspicious.
There's also huh what. I read all of the conversation related to asking exactly why there was a sudden switch from Serela to another person (Scherzo, iirc), and yet I never saw huh what give a strong defense. All of the "defense" was merely a sentence or two that didn't really prove anything. So that makes me suspicious as well.
At this point, I'm not going to give a vote, but I'm getting off of Affinity's back for now until something else pops up.
##Unvote

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »
Also, LYLO?

Bardiche

« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2013, 09:24:55 PM »
Also, LYLO?

... Are you honestly a veteran Mafia player?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »
I said I played one game, and that was never used.

« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »
yo Bard, how are you reading BBM?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2013, 09:38:36 PM »
You Only Live Once
LYnch or LOse

He played some one epicmafia game.

I'm feeling okay about his first effort.

Time to snooze? Time to snooze.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2013, 09:40:30 PM »
Votecount

SilentShaman(3): BT, huh what, Bardiche
Affinity(2): BigBangMeteor, Serela
BigBangMeteor(1): Affinity
Bardiche(1): SilentShaman
Shadoweh(1): Raikaria
huh what(1): Zakeri
Not voting (2): I have no name, Validon98
With 11 votes in play it takes 6 to lynch.
There are ~28.5 hours remaining in the day.

I Have No Name replaces Schezo effective immediately.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:43:52 PM by Momiji Inubashiri »

« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
IHNN/Kay double wagons imho.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »
Sticking to this absurd Early Day 1 case with no further involvement in the game and blatantly ignoring the recent proceedings has all the makings of scum trying to park their vote somewhere and lurk actively throughout the day.

This line. After looking through more stuff on Shaman, this is why I'm suspicious. Shaman hasn't even come up with a really good defense for the vote on Bardiche. It was something about the whole Serela thing that should not matter at this point. The whole voteblocking debacle is over. And Shaman hasn't said squat about recent stuff, so you know what?

##Vote: SilentShaman

You wanted me opinion on the wagon? You got it.

Bardiche

« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »
I said I played one game, and that was never used.

Then please say you are a newbie to this, because you're pretty much a newbie at one game. And that's all right! It's totally okay to be new. Just remember that holding hands is a null tell, both scum and town gain from it.

Basically, LYLO means Lynch or Lose (LYnch or LOse). It's a state of the game when there is one more Town than Scum, or Scum can effect two kills at night... either way, you must lynch scum or else lose the game. It's important for scum to keep clueless newbies alive until that stage, because you're easier to impress and goad into voting Townies to effect a mislynch. This happens to everyone at some point.

I'm pretty sure Validon is Town. Like, 98% sure. Scum would instruct their buddy and Validon looks like he'd be moping pitifully in the scum QT for people to tell him what's going on. I also don't think he's so cunning a scum he'd fake it. He reminds me a lot of Serela, without wanting to shoot him in the face during RVS.

yo Bard, how are you reading BBM?

Not too terribly bothered by him. His persistence to Affinity seems like someone who REALLY wants Affinity dead and I'd imagine scum to be less solid on lynching one person. Of course, if that behaviour persists it's an easy votepark and excuse to tunnel. Scum stand to gain a lot from that ease.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2013, 10:28:33 PM »
Then please say you are a newbie to this, because you're pretty much a newbie at one game.

I did. When I joined.

Well, I've played one game of Mafia before, just on another forum. And even though I'm signed up for another game on there, I'm willing to play two games at once. ^^;

What's worse is that "one game" was an Epic Mafia-style game, so this kind of game is absolutely new to me. And don't think I'm going to let people hold my hand. I've had to take care of a lot of rl stuff recently, so my head hasn't been entirely in the game, hence my confusion. If I was completely focused on just this, I'd be less willing to let people convince me what to do. I'm not stupid. I trust no one at this point, but unlike some people, I'm less likely to throw out a random lynch because I'm worried I'm going to hit a townie. Given the odds, my fears are justified.

tl;dr: I've not been able to focus on this, so don't jump to conclusions that I've been faking my confusion.

« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »
Zak's case would have been good for post-RVS but not for this stage and there's no sign of him looking at the rest of the happenings / huhwhat's other posts. Entrance Bad.
It's basically the case I wanted to push but couldn't because I wasn't in the game yet. The other stuff that happened since then doesn't seem as important to me.

Quote from: Validon98
How do I read thread?
There's a lot of corners you can cut if you know how to do so. If you're looking to refer to a single person, you can just read only that person's posts. If you're looking for vote changes, just bounce between votecounts and search between where the change happens. Reasons are also usually in the vote post or surrounding the post, and if you can't find the reasons in those posts, you can ask them to reexplain their case. People will also link directly to the post most of the time to make it easier to read.

Quote from: Huh What
I made the post blatantly charged on purpose in hopes of a more telling reaction. The theorized role could've belonged to town or scum imo.
The thing is that you seem more interested in targeting roles. You also seemingly pushed a case based on a ton of logical leaps that don't follow in order to trip up Serela. It feels pretty jarring to put the blame of something that was clearly a separate action onto something that happened in the thread.

Still would like Kotarou to nameclaim, btw.
Also, super wary of this.

The way Bard reacts to Val is offputting, but not indicative of alignment to me. I do agree with his assessment as of post 229

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2013, 12:09:21 AM »
Thread reading advice.

Duly noted. I just want to say that based off of how you've all been reacting to my posts, you think I'm just someone who'd listen to what people say without thinking. Well, you confused my lack of focus on the game for that kind of stupidity. I will say again, I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FOCUS ON THIS THREAD MUCH. So don't think for a moment I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I was just behind everyone else information-wise. Now I'm not. So there you go.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2013, 01:10:22 AM »
Just got here, haven't exactly had time to read thread yet (I skim every post in a game I'm not in once).

IHNN/Kay double wagons imho.
This is bad.  Person with no content to their name and new player (decision on if their play is scummy or not to come when I have time to catch up) gets nowhere fast and looks like trying to push "easy" lynches.  Just an initial feeling, we'll see if it lines up with the rest of his play thus far.

Will have actual content post by tomorrow evening, hopefully tonight.

« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2013, 01:11:57 AM »
it was a joke. because youmu avatars.

also Kay isn't really a new player, she's been playing mafia (though probably at a lower level) on another site for at least a year

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2013, 01:14:43 AM »
also Kay isn't really a new player, she's been playing mafia (though probably at a lower level) on another site for at least a year

And who implied that she was? Don't worry, this has nothing to do with any suspicions I have, it just seems out of nowhere. ^^;

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2013, 01:35:09 AM »
Oh, and speaking of being a "new player," I was asked earlier if I was "from Epic Mafia." I said yes, but I didn't realize at the time that Epic Mafia itself was a forum board. No no, I'm also a member of the Talkhaus, and they have some Epic Mafia-style games going on there. I'm sure no one really cares, but I wanted to clear that up for whatever reason. You can ignore this post if you want. ^^;

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2013, 01:51:41 AM »
huhwhat, Shadoweh, since I (now) officially have no time for this, can you help me figure this out? Rai's response to the voteblock doesn't scream -town- to me if it's not a scum utility and so far he's been mediocre. (huhwhat is also a townread - originated from that post that asked me to reconsider Rai)
I thought his response was townie enough. I think it's more likely for a townie to try and figure out a role, because they're lacking in information, then for scum to do more then flail their arms and go WHAT'S GOING OOOOOON AAAA \O/

Also it's five days too soon to devolve into nameclaims and role shenanigans. Last time I was the protagonist, there was a scum looking to turn them into a third party lover, so there's precedent for it being a bad idea to say who that is. (I also just noticed huh what claimed PGO. Role shenanigans that got lost in other shenanigans!)

Awh Validon is growing up. We'll believe you through results, just don't tell us about how much focus you didn't have. Information!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2013, 01:56:20 AM »
Validon: IHNN did in the above post.

Shadowmeh, thoughts on the Kay wagon right now? not like you can vote her but lol
also what do you think of the less suspected players, like me, bard, bbm and hell, even zak. your thoughts seem kinda unmemorable this game, maybe it's because you have no vote.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2013, 02:00:25 AM »
Validon:You being new is okay, but please stop going "Oh my god I'm new stop being mad at me!" every time someone posts :c Half of Page 8 of the game consists of this. Okay, if I was being literal, maybe one-third, but still. It's okay though, we forgive you :D

Somehow I thought more was going to happen while I was at work.

So guys, you know what's hilarious? The reason I'm about to
##Unvote ##Vote SilentShaman
is pretty much exactly what Validon said. Bard defended himself with reasons that make complete sense in a townie perspective, Shaman more or less ignored it as much as possible, and hasn't really talked about anything else; certainly not anything very relevant apart from a few small pokes at Raikaria.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore