Author Topic: One Shot Collection: Gensokyo and the Gyms  (Read 3050 times)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
One Shot Collection: Gensokyo and the Gyms
« on: April 21, 2013, 11:22:36 PM »
Well... A Touhou and a Gym Leader/Elite 4 member meet up in one way or another. What happens next depends on who it is and personality.

I have a Wriggle-Aaron story, a Rumia-Sabrina story, and a Prismrivers-Agatha story. Each one is very different from the others. I may or may not write more of these, as they're all one shots with no relation to one another besides the common theme.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:56:55 AM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Re: Gensokyo and the Gyms
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 11:28:01 PM »
Wriggle-Aaron :
[/b][/u]

Italics are conversation in Buggish.

Turnback Cave:

?Dang. I?ve been losing a LOT lately. A lot. I?m sick of everyone torching my bug types! Sick of it, sick of it! But man, things haven?t been so good... I wish I had a way to win...?

Aaron walked on, lost in thought when...

THUD! A girl fell a little way ahead!

?Huh? What? Who?s this??

She was humanoid, and around the same height as him... she had on blue jeans, and a white shirt. She had green hair, much like himself. Her eyes were a beautiful blue. But that wasn?t what her most striking feature was. Her most striking and beautiful feature was, to him, the two antennae jutting from her skull...

?What... are you... Don?t worry, I?ll get you to safety!?

He then called out his Pokemon, including his Vespiquen. Together, they Flew back to Aaron?s house, carrying the mysterious girl with them.

Aaron?s House:

The girl sat up and moaned. ?Ugh... Where... am I? Last thing I remember was us all flying away from that shrine maiden... A HUMAN!?

The girl suddenly lunged at him, displaying a couple of fangs and an expression that made him cold with fear. What-Wha-Wha...

Vespiquen and Skoripi reacted, with Vespiquen hitting with Attack Order, and Skourpi using Poison Tail. The girl flew up and dodged, and began to try to turn them against him.

Listen to me! Why do you serve him? I bet he?s been treating you terribly, making you fight battles for him, that kind of thing. she said to them.

You?re wrong. Aaron loves us like his own kids. In fact, I think to him, we ARE his kids. No one else but him shows this much care. Vespiquen responded.

That?s right. I have always loved bugs. See what I mean? Aaron responded, catching the girl aback.

How the heck do you know the language of us bugs?! she asked, shocked.

I told you. I LOVE bugs of all sizes and shapes. Naturally, I had to learn how to communicate. Aaron said back.

?OK, I guess I might as well speak Japanese, then. My name?s Wriggle Nightbug. I thought you were just another human... but very few show kindness to us bugs. I get revenge all the time... because in the world I come from, we EAT humans.? Wriggle, as he now knew her name was, stated.

?And I must say, you?re certainly very pretty. I bet most people hate you for those antennae. Me, I?m the opposite. They?re the perfect compliment to your outfit and I think they look great. I think I?m in... *cough cough*? He cut himself off abruptly.?

Did he cut himself off from saying that? Vespiquen remarked to Skorupi

Oh, be quiet. Fine. Wriggle... I think I?m in love with you! The antennae, the grace... it?s all so amazing! Aaron gave up the pretense of not caring and had rapt adoration in his eyes.

?You... love me... for the same reasons others hate me?? Wriggle asked. ?You?re kinda weird,,,?

?I assume there is more to you than meets the eye... And I?ve been doing a horrible job lately... We?ve been humiliated by Fire types in battles lately.?

Don?t cry, Aaron. Please, not again. It?s not your fault. We try, and we fail. Vespiquen stated.

?But it IS! We can?t seem to win anymore! If only we could somehow dodge those moves... I cry when I see you all humiliated by Fire types. Because in the end, it reflects badly on bugs in general!? Aaron was legitimately angry now.

Seriously? He doesn?t care about the fact HE?S losing? Just that it makes bugs look bad? Wriggle said to Aaron?s Pokemon, incredulous.

Yes.
Amazingly.
Never met a trainer like him until now.
He takes those losses really hard.
He feels like he let us down.

So you all unanimously say this. I have an idea for helping him... Wriggle decided that since he wanted a team that could dodge, she would help him obtain that goal. In fact... She?d never met anyone like him. It?s like we were made to be together... she thought.

Over the next weeks, Wriggle trained his Pokemon in the art of dodging. Although they were slow at first, they learned fast. Of course, she had laughed at his expression when she first used danmaku. She also challenged them to fight while dodging. She hadn?t that this much fun in a long time. Indeed, the Spell Cards were quickly proving to be effective training, as after being hit a couple of times, they were down. But eventually, they began to dodge and fire back. These sessions could go on for hours as they tried to score a hit. And Aaron just sat back, cheering both sides on.

Then, she approached him, and asked: ?I really enjoy sparring with your Pokemon. Next time you have a battle... can I join the fight? I want to help you!?

He said: ?I don?t know. I don?t want you to get hurt. Don?t feel forced into it or anything...?
She said: I?ve made up my mind! I want to battle alongside your team!
He chuckled. I suppose that?s ok. You seem to come from a place where battles are much harder than those here, so you?ll be my trump card. K?
?Sounds good to me.? she said. And she meant it. It was exhilarating to be able to win... and fun to dodge at the same time. The only problem had been the pesky issue of not being able to eat humans... but it turned out there was a lot of other meat out there that also tasted good, and wouldn?t get all of humanity to descend on oneself.

Pokemon League:

?The match between Firebreather SparkBoy and Elite 4 Aaron will now begin!?

?This will end jus? like the res? of our battles! With yer bugs toasted! Yeh might as well give meh that spot, because yeh ain?t doing it any favors. Bugs. Weakest things on th? planet. The idea o? them being a part of th? final challenge? PAH! It?s downright stupid! Look a? these guys! GO! Charizar?!?

Charizard came out, roaring and breathing fire everywhere.

?BEGIN!?

?Vespiquen! Use Attack Order!?
?Yeh fool. Charizard, burn those bugs and the honeycomb, too! Wahahahahahahhaa!?

The flamethrower seared through Vespiquen?s worker bees and struck her, taking her down.

?AH HA HA HAH! Yeh stan? no chance agains? the blazin? inferno!?

Wriggle clenched her teeth. Sitting out in the stands watching this was cruel... She prepared to fly in, but Aaron shook his head.

Not yet, my friend. You?re our last resort. You?ve trained them, and they have pride. If you came in now, you would rob the rest of us of satisfaction. Trust me, if we can get down to the last one... Well, we?ll see.

?Come out! Drapion!?

?Charizard! BLAST BURN!?

Drapion! Dodge and use Poison Tail!

With seemingly no prompting from Aaron, Drapion easily dodged the Blast Burn and smashed a powerful Poison Tail at Charizard...

Now Hyper Beam!

Following up immediately after with a Hyper Beam, removing Charizard from battle.

?Yes!?

?URRRRRRGH! No matter, ma SECOND pokemon will desTROY yeh! Prepare to meet teh ULTIMATE fire type! They are ma last, and they?ve never let meh down! GROUDON! I choose yeh!?

Here goes... Wriggle... are you sure you want to fight this thing? Aaron asked.

It?s big, fiery, and SLOW. This?ll be a cinch.

?I substitute my Drapion out!? Aaron said. ?Wriggle... make your entrance.?

A cloud of fireflies erupted from the stands. It came to rest at the field, where the cloud slowly dispersed, revealing Wriggle, smiling at the thought of pounding Groudon into the ground.

?What in tarnation is DIS! It looks lik? a gurl!? SparkBoy said.

?Gee. You?re certainly good at STATING THE OBVIOUS.? SparkBoy?s mouth dropped even farther open as Wriggle spoke to him.

?It... It TALKS?!?
?My, my... how rude to call me an it. I look like a girl because I AM a girl. And, you, my friend, are going to be taught a lesson for insulting us bugs!?

She flew into the air and began to fire danmaku at his Groudon. Being a HUGE target, she smiled as it thrashed in pain. It wasn?t long before it went down... and then she lost control. She swooped down, fangs out, heading for SparkBoy?s head.

?Skorupi! String Shot, quick!? Aaron shouted, realizing what Wriggle was about to do.

The string shot caught her and dragged her back over to Aaron. ?Sorry... I just lost control. I?m kinda hungry right now...? she said to him.

?We REALLY need to prevent you from eating any challengers.? Aaron responded back. ?Anyway, I couldn?t help but marvel at your flawless handling.?

?Like you said, I?ve been through worse.? Wriggle responded.

Word spread fast (matches were televised, after all), and people adapted. They came up packing first smaller pokemon, and then faster ones. But none could compete with Wriggle?s skill. Aaron?s team never reached her level, but they, too, grew stronger.

Wriggle became somewhat of a celebrity, signing autographs, and occasionally showing off a spellcard. She also made new ones. When Aaron went up against Cynthia, she was astonished at Wriggle?s display of dodging, as Wriggle singlehandedly defeated her entire team.

?Wriggle? Do you miss home?? Aaron asked.
?I have friends back home. But it?s no matter. I enjoy this world, and feel that things became more meaningful.? Wriggle responded.

At the same time, Team Rocket, Galactic, Aqua, and Magma all began to notice their members in Sinnoh mysteriously disappearing on operations.

Because Wriggle was more than Aaron?s battling partner. She partook as a vigilante without anyone?s knowledge. She would do night flights, and woe to anyone who committed a crime when she was nearby. Those who did never saw the sun again...

Her coming was a good thing for Sinnoh. A very good thing. It cleansed the world of many Galactic holdouts... The crimes were reduced... And Aaron became number 1. The end.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »
Rumia-Sabrina:

NOTE: This is the ANIME Sabrina. Not the one from the games. They're two completely different people in personality.
NOTE2: Warning: Dark and Edgy

A girl... lost long ago to the shadow of despair. Our tale begins with Sabrina... Before she made contact with Ash... before her emotions were restored... She found a girl whose appetite, combined with her psychic abilities, enabled her to forget her own troubles... at the expense of the losers who battled her.

The girl?s name... was Rumia. Long ago, she was born of the darkness. She consumed the darkness which dwelt in people?s hearts... and the people themselves. At one point, she had tremendous ability. But her power was sealed away by a charm that she could never remove.

The Psychic Whose Emotions Were Lost... and the Youkai Who Once Fed On Villages... a deadly combination for Saffron City.

The two met in the darkness of her gym. One day, her other half... was not the only pair of eyes glaring at her. There was a second pair... With her psychic abilities, she probed the mysterious creature?s mind. She found echoes of a once great power... and a ravenous hunger. When she went to the fridge, she found the creature eying her like she would eye the fools who incurred her wrath.

Then it spoke: ?I?m hungry. May I eat you??

Sabrina laughed. ?I?m sorry. You may not. I?m guessing you eat humans??

The thing stared at her. ?You speak of humans... as though you are not one.? it said. ?But you are no youkai. Why, then, are you so distanced from your own kind??

In answer, Sabrina psychically tore off the cover from her ?toy box.? ?Satisfied? I was born with this curse... everyone treats me like a freak.?

?Ah... not so unusual where I came from. But why are you so... emotionless about eating humans? Isn?t that creepy to you?? It seemed truly curious.

?Humanity kicked me out long ago. I care not one whit for them anymore.? Sabrina replied. ?And if you truly desire them...?

She opened the lid on the box. Inside were two young Trainers, who had lost at her gym and been transported here... to her playroom. This was the only thing that gave her life meaning anymore... Torment. Torture. The fools who lost at her gym lost their dignity, and eventually their life...

?My, my... When you said you didn?t care about humans... you weren?t kidding... May I?? the creature asked.

?You may have one. The other?s mine.? Sabrina rejoined. The two didn?t stand a chance...

Things went on like this for a while...

The creature?s name was Rumia. One day, it left. Sabrina was too cold, too uncaring. And it was one of Rumia?s older memories... she would cherish the time she spent with that human.

END.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
Agatha-Prismrivers:

NOTE: The ending may be sad to some.

Italics = Thoughts

Ever Grande City:

"Use Perish Song!" Agatha shouted. Yet another foolish trainer had come in with 1 Pokemon, not reviving any beforehand. As she went to use it, she could have sworn that she saw a girl playing the piano. When she looked again, they were gone.

That was weird... I wonder, am I hallucinating? Agatha thought.

Agatha shook the thought off. "Use Dark Pulse!" The attack nailed right into her opponent's Machamp.

As the turn concluded (She dodged the attack), she thought she saw the piano girl again, accompanied by another girl playing a trumpet. Again, they weren't there when she went to look closer.

These hallucinations must stop... Agatha was getting worried.

The trainer used a Hyper Potion.

Poor fool... He doesn't know what Perish Song does, does he? He'll learn soon enough...

"Use Shadow Ball!"

The attack slammed into Machamp, hurting it again. Being super effective, Machamp stumbled.

The Perish Count fell to 1, and she saw the first two, plus another playing a violin. However, this time, they wouldn't disappear. The door by the entrance seemed to have some sort of barrier by it now, and the exit had been blocked by some sort of cherry tree. Blossoms blew by in a wind that had certainly not been there before.

The three stopped playing their instruments. Looking directly at her, they spoke.

"Your Pokemon make wonderful Lyrics. Hi, I'm Lyrica Prismriver."

"What a Merlin! Hi, I'm Merlin Prismriver."

"Melodious sounds. Under the clear moon. I'm Lunasa Prismriver, nice to meet you."

"The Perish Song is something we long to master. So hearing it, we crossed dimensions to see you, whose Pokemon know it. We brought you here to ask a favor. You are a ghost type trainer, are you not?"

"What... Why..." Agatha couldn't believe what had happened. One second, she'd been employing a perfectly usual tactic on a brazen fool. Now, she stood in a mysterious place, talking to three girls with instruments.

"Why? We're poltergeists." Lyrica responded.

"We're the Prismrivers!" Merlin proclaimed:

"The Musical Poltergeist Ensemble!" Lunasa explained.

"And we aim to deliver a KNOCKOUT show!" They all exclaimed in unison.

"Well, we SAY we're going to ask you..." Lyrica said.

"But you don't really have a choice." Lunasa finished.

"Welcome to Hakugyoroku! This is the land where the dead live! We brought you here, and we can send you back to that challenge room if you help us. If you don't... You'll join the residents soon enough." Merlin laid down the threat.

Blackmail. But if I wish to live... "Alright, so what's the favor?" Agatha asked, resigned.

"Simple. We join your team. We can fight much better than your Pokemon, as we can easily dodge attacks which hit a lot of others."

"And that Perish Song will eventually become usable to us."

"Also, as far as anyone else knows, you're just standing there. We'll be right outside after this battle. Time to go back."

And she was back in the challenge room. She looked out and decided to finish this guy.

"I switch out my Banette! Come out, Banette!"

"Use Foresight!" Machamp sucessfully hit Banette with Foresight, and then it went down.

"Eh? WHAT?!"

"Machamp is unable to battle! The victory goes to Elite Four Agatha!"

As much as she wished to take pleasure in that victory... She couldn't.

I have no clue what will become of me... What will those girls do?
She worried.

She walked out, and sure enough, the second she walked out, she heard a piano. Then a trumpet. Finally, the violin. They played a fanfare that sounded like it belonged in a game with swords, armor and crystals.

A.N. It's the fanfare from Final Fantasy IV!

"Did you like? We call that 'Adventure Style Victory'!"

"We do so enjoy victory fanfares, we've got a few."

"We hope the next one we play will be after we do battle alongside you!"

"How will you fight?" Agatha asked.

They smirked.

"These instruments do much more than make sound."

"They're great for focusing energy..."

"Into attack patterns! Meet our attack types on the field next time."

They proceeded to disappear.

"Ugh... What did I get myself into?" Agatha asked.

She came back to the Elite 4 building to meet the next challenge. This challenger was no blockhead, and proceeded to switch out constantly, as well as hammer her team. She was down to her last Pokemon, but right as she chucked it, she felt a mysterious force clamp down on the Poke Ball, keeping it shut. At the same time, a red beam APPEARED to originate from it, and Lyrica came to the center of the field.

"Heh heh. I bet you didn't expect that entrance. Now just stand back, and let the Prismriver deal with this."

"What is that? You never had that Pokemon! How can it talk?" the challenger asked.

"Trade secret." Lyrica said back.

She began to float and play her instrument. Only, as her fingers touched the keys, bullet like projectiles began to fly out. The trainer stood no chance, and his party was swiftly defeated.

"Fool." Lyrica said.

For that time, the league was impassable. One day, Agatha vanished. There were no signs of a struggle. All that remained were empty pokeballs.

For, when they left, having learned the Song, they had decided to present her a concerto, with the song at the end. The haunting melodies transported them back to Hakugyoroku... The concerto attracted Yuyuko. And so Agatha joined her beloved Ghost Pokemon at Hakugyoroku...

END.