Author Topic: Derp thread IV: Easy mode deaths edition  (Read 90999 times)

Re: Derp thread IV: Easy mode deaths edition
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2013, 07:35:43 PM »
So I played DDC with Marisa-B no-bombs for this week's tournament.
And couldn't even clear in normal mode.  :V

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2013, 03:39:33 AM »
Just played UFO for the first time. I captured all but one of Murasa's spells, then died twice on Sinker Ghost because I wasn't paying attention. I ended up game overed to Shou's first nonspell, because I decided to go STRAIGHT into a curvy lazor.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:48:17 PM by Blue »

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2013, 11:42:29 PM »
I guess this might as well go here because I seriously have no idea what I was doing.

Lost NMNB Remilia by dying twice to Scarlet Gensokyo. I have no idea why I made some of those decisions on that spell. Apparently my body wasn't ready for NMNB yet or maybe Remilia's destiny manipulation just kicked in and said nope :V

Oh well, it was a satisfying run still considering I sometimes die 5 times to this loli.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2013, 09:13:53 AM »
I guess this might as well go here because I seriously have no idea what I was doing.

Lost NMNB Remilia by dying twice to Scarlet Gensokyo. I have no idea why I made some of those decisions on that spell. Apparently my body wasn't ready for NMNB yet or maybe Remilia's destiny manipulation just kicked in and said nope :V

Oh well, it was a satisfying run still considering I sometimes die 5 times to this loli.
Look on the bright side - you've been spared from losing your first near-NMNB to the very last wave.

« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2013, 05:45:55 PM »
UFO, Stage 4 midboss

Okay, I can do this! I see the gap in the barrage and I will come ALIV- *collides with random fairy* FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
Tried Marine Benefit LNB due to Malky's recent LNB clear. Gameovered at Mikoto's 2nd to last spell. Silly deaths which include:

-1 Miss stage 2 with death at RAINBOW WORMS nonspell
-1 Miss stage 3 with death at first boss nonspell (???????????????)
-Death at 2nd death fairy in stage 4, even though I already have a set path through it and capture it 100% of the time
-Failed Supergrazing the death fairy at stage 5
-Death(s) at stage 5 midboss spell. (???????????????????????????)
-2 Miss Megumi, both deaths were at last spell, even though my capture rate is about 100% at ths point normally
-RAM MIDBOSS MEGUMI IN STAGE 6
-Amazing captures of the 1st, 2nd and 4th nonspells, only to die at all the easy stuff like the first spell, 3rd nonspell and 4th Reimu spell (??????????????)

I could really easily get this LNB, just need to actually dodge the bullets.

Spoiler:
brb doing perfect stage 6 attempts again
  :V

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2013, 12:45:36 AM »
I died twice on Byakuren's second spell(I CANNOT remember what it's called). The first time, the first laser caught me before I noticed, and the second time, I was clipped by a butterfly. With full bombs. At least I still got the 1cc.

Oh right, this was UFO Normal with ReimuA. Should have remembered to say that first.

EDIT: Well, I died by crashing into a fairy bullet from UFO Normal's Stage 1 opener. That was just really stupid.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:32:11 AM by Blue »

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »
Died from Alice's "Scarlet Sign: Red Haired Dutch Dolls" on PCB normal. I myself wondered how I could screw up such an easy card...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »
Hai I played Ten Desires and died by Seiga's spellcards due to randomly deciding to face plant into a bullet not once BUT TWICE. I feel so smart right now! *cough*  :colonveeplusalpha:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2013, 09:04:17 AM »
Tried MoF again today. Was a pretty good run, didn't lose a single life until I got caught off-guard by Monster Cucumber. Then I managed to not die at all all the way through Stage 4 (quite an accomplishment as I usually game over here). Nice. Then I died 4 times to Aya....And got finished off by Sanae.

At least on the second credit I managed to capture Gray Thaumaturgy for the first time (I HATE THIS CARD), but I died twice to Wonder "Daytime Guest Star" because of hitbox miscalculation >_<. Kanako didn't give me too much trouble this run, and I didn't game over to Gods' Bullcrap Porridge for the first time :V. Misayama is evil, but I got through by bombing. And game over'd to Miracle of Otensui. At least that's much better than my previous runs.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »
See, kids, this is what happens when you attempt to take on the easiest Touhou final boss after a long hiatus. :getdown:
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2013, 02:23:07 PM »
UFO Normal
-> Perfected Stage 1
-> Derpd a few times in Stage 2, but collected as many lives as I can
-> Entered Stage 3 with 5 lives
-> Died 4 times to Ichirin

Wut? Also, damnit "Heavenly Sandbag". Unzan, STOP COVERING THE BULLETS WITH YOUR FIST!!!

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »
See, kids, this is what happens when you attempt to take on the easiest Touhou final boss after a long hiatus. :getdown:
Kaguya is quite terrifying final boss for Normal, as far as I can tell.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2013, 07:18:09 AM »
Playing DDC Normal SakuyaB... Wow, 212 million by Kagerou? That's 262m as long as I capture everything! ...wait, I died to Kagerou's 2nd yet again. And I thought I was finally reasonably consistent at the Normal version of that card by now. (Finished with 129k PIV though, due to spending the 3 extra bombs on Kagerou's 2nd.)

Several hours later... Not particularly good stage 1 and 2, so I took a risk by using up one more bomb than usual on Sekibanki's final, for 114k PIV going into stage 3. Stage 3 was surprisingly good despite the missing bomb (which usually results in a game over), 209 million at Kagerou... captured everything this time... oh look, 259m. Not what I was hoping for, and I'm definitely not satisfied with the earlier stages, but it's higher than my previous record. Time to submit this to Royalflare... wait, where's the replay? Did I somehow forget to save it? It seems I did. First time that's happened in a long time...

« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2013, 05:56:17 PM »
In I believe Phantasmagoria of Flower View, I kept losing to Cirno (at least 3 times) but defeated Reimu fairly easily on my first try.  :V Is it supposed to be like that? I really don't think so.

Jmyster

• Knives
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2013, 06:10:54 PM »
Ha, reminds me. First time I played PoFV I got my ass handed to me by THE LAW when I played Reimu.

I then switched to Cirno on a whim and proceeded to beat the game flawlessly. THE STRONGEST  :yukkuri:

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »
DDC Marisa A on normal, havin a pretty good run fo rteh most part, then I Die to Sekibanki's 2nd Spell Card Twice and then once to her last Card, which I then proceed to perfect Stage 3 :V
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2013, 04:38:41 AM »
...Went from 6 lives going into Stage 6 UFO Normal with MarisaB to a game over on Air Scroll. Died TWICE to Byakuren's second spell. I also died from a bullet hidden in a life piece. That takes skills.

...This was after capping almost all of Shou's spells.

KuroArashi100

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2013, 07:39:21 PM »
I wanted to unlock Eirin's Last Word.
*Throws self at Apollo 13 Hard 98 times using mostly sweetspot getting nowhere close doing it the normal way*
The 99th time I decided that I was going to do it the normal way, and die to it. (Sometimes I do weird things like that.)
And then I captured it without any incredible amount of effort.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?
For my current skill level, it is a pretty large achievement, but it still feels like a loss...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:46:32 PM by KuroArashi100 »

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2013, 06:28:11 PM »
>Trying to score on TD normal
>Entering stage 6 with 2 lives, TD is easy even on normal so let's do it!
>Died to Miko's laser of 17 articles
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:35:58 PM by Yomihime »
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2013, 01:46:45 AM »
NNB run of MPP, 2 miss stage 3, 1 miss 4m, 1 miss 5... 6 miss stage 6, game over on final.  Oops  :derp:

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »
8th 2MNB now  :ohdear:

Would anyone like to place bets on how many 2MNBs I'll manage before I finally achieve a 1MNB or NMNB?  :derp:
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2013, 10:43:37 PM »
Would anyone like to place bets on how many 2MNBs I'll manage before I finally achieve a 1MNB or NMNB?  :derp:

1.32兆

« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2013, 09:57:49 AM »
I wonder what this stationary mini-sun tastes like? *pichuu~n*
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2013, 05:33:41 AM »
Download Phantasmagoria Trues.

Die to Aya twice on Standard.

Seriously you have to try to be this bad.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2013, 12:35:28 AM »
So I'm trying to get back into Touhou after a long-ass hiatus, right?

Bad idea.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2013, 01:54:37 AM »
Koishi in SA, nuf said
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2013, 03:49:56 AM »
THIS IS THE REASON WHY I HATE TEN DESIRES.
Beautiful fail. The best part is when you go into trance and Marisa is just sitting there in stunned silence.

Oh also, if Youmu's opening nonspell was a spellcard, I would have like 0/1mil captures/tries. Yes I bomb it all three times it appears. Hey, the rest of the game is easy...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:47:27 AM by Space Flower »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2013, 02:00:24 PM »
Oh also, if Youmu's opening nonspell was a spellcard, I would have like 0/1mil captures/tries. Yes I bomb it all three times it appears. Hey, the rest of the game is easy...

Funny thing to note is that it barely changes between difficulties. So it's pretty hard on Easy, but when you get to Hard, you'll go "why didn't this change since Normal?"