Author Topic: Space Fairy Quest - The Legend of the Red Shirt (Complete)  (Read 30109 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Space Fairy Quest - The Legend of the Red Shirt (Complete)
« on: March 19, 2013, 07:22:39 PM »
Congratulations! You've been chosen to serve in the Fairy Kingdom's intergalactic navy!

It is the duty of every fairy to collect every shiny object that fits into our pockets. Until recently this search was limited only to our own planet, but now we can sail into space and touch the stars themselves! (Sadly the stars are a bit too large to fit in our pockets, but we're working on that.)

You, brave fairy, have been selected for your strength, commitment, and sheer adorability. Like all good fairies you'll start at the bottom of the ladder, but with time and effort you can become the captain of a mighty vessel! Of course, odds are you'll serve as a meatshield for the real officials at the first sign of danger, but fairies aren't the sort to ignore nigh-impossible chances! (And it's not like you can die or anything.)

Please sign under the dotted line here with your prettiest signature: the nicest one will be used in our upcoming recruitment ad!

>__________________
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:02:27 AM by Sango Tororetsu »

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Re: Space Fairy Quest - The Legend of the Red Shirt
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »
> check shirt color
> check abilities

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »
> check shirt color
> check abilities
> Shirt? Don't be silly. Fairies wear dresses when they aren't on duty.
Spoiler:
Your dress is red, by the way.
> Your abilities are similar to those of any other fairy. You can fly fairly gracefully, and your earnest smile warms the heart of any non-human within fifty paces. Like all fairies, you are also immortal - when you 'die' you tend to explode in a shower of glitter, only to respawn in the nearest safe area. Or right in the middle of the fray. Sometimes fate has trouble deciding on one or the other.

>PLEASE ENTER NAME: ___________

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:55:14 PM »
> We don't know what our name means, but it's long, so it must be good: EXPENDABLE

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »
> We don't know what our name means, but it's long, so it must be good: EXPENDABLE
>Your name is Expendable Collateral! But that's way too long for most fairies to pronounce, so normally you just go by the name Penny.

You are currently standing at the So-Long Station, where the Fairy Kingdom's cruisers depart for their inter-stellar voyages. As ordered, you've brought only what the letter told you to bring - your dress, some of your shiniest belongings (in case you get homesick) and a name tag so the captain doesn't have to learn your name yet.

A small desk next to the departures area is labeled NEW RECRUITS. A young fairy with glasses too large for her head is seated at it, and turns to you.

"Um, can I help you? If you're looking for the little girl's room, it's on the other side of the station. Or there are some bushes outside if you can't wait that long..."

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 12:22:58 AM »
>Announce your presence... with GUSTO! And enthusiasm. And all that other fun stuff.
>"..and I'm here because the paper with the words on it told me to be here!"
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 12:45:44 AM »
"Um, can I help you? If you're looking for the little girl's room, it's on the other side of the station. Or there are some bushes outside if you can't wait that long..."

> A lady wouldn't use a bush!

> Do we actually have to go to the bathroom?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:30:41 AM »
>Are those glasses shiny?
>Claim them if they are!

Fightest

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 08:13:05 AM »
>Claim them if they are!

> I dunno man, they're already claimed by another fairy. Is this kosher?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 08:45:05 AM »
> Do we actually have to go to the bathroom?
>No. Like a good girl, you went to the bathroom before you left.

>Claim them if they are!
>Sadly this fairy has taken precautions for this exact reason. She's wearing the infamous Dull-U-Bore brand of glasses, so un-shiny that no fairy would ever consider taking them. She probably needs them to see, but even she seems to wince from wearing them.

>Announce your presence... with GUSTO! And enthusiasm. And all that other fun stuff.
>"..and I'm here because the paper with the words on it told me to be here!"
>You jump onto her desk and declare your will to the heavens! YES I AM VERY GLAD THAT I HAVE BEEN FORCEFULLY CONSCRIPTED INTO THE NAVY.

"Ah, a new private. Let me see that name ta-whooooooa." The fairy examines your name tag, and her eyes swirl about in her skull. "S-So many letters..." She checks her list of recruits, and crosses you off under BIGWORDS MCLONGNAME.

"Well, uh...miss, you'll be on the crew for the FKS Sunshine. That's the biggest ship in the fleet, the one that goes out into uncharted space. Y'know, where no fairy has fluttered before and all that stuff." She smirks and points to the tunnel behind her. "Good luck. Docking bay's the first one on the left."

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:29 AM »
>The biggest? Wow!
>Of course, only the biggest spaceship can fit a name of your magnitude!
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Fightest

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 10:23:07 AM »
> Left's the one on the right, right? These ports and starboards are really confusing.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »
I wonder if Miss McLongname will be surprised to find out we've taken her place.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »
>The biggest? Wow!
>Of course, only the biggest spaceship can fit a name of your magnitude!
>Indeed! You take pity on any fairy whose name couldn't be used in the final round of a spelling bee. When you meet someone with a name like Luna or Ash, you can't help but feel a little bit superior to them.

I wonder if Miss McLongname will be surprised to find out we've taken her place.
>Oh, that's not the worst name anyone's ever called you. You've been known as Little Miss Alphabet, ABCDEFG(and so on), and You Expect Me To Pronounce That Seriously What Is Wrong With You.

> Left's the one on the right, right? These ports and starboards are really confusing.
> As you attempt to recall whether right is left and left is wrong, you step out into the docking bay. Half a dozen of the best ships the fairy navy has stretch out in front of you, each one more marvelous than the one before it. It's amazing what you can do with enough duct tape.
But to your side (your, uh...left? right? hard to tell.) is possibly the fanciest ship of all. It's twice as large as either ship next to it, and the metal planks have been coated with some of the best glitter money can buy. A flagpole pops out from the bridge, waving a red flag with a golden sun as its emblem.
"Hnnnnnnnnnngh-!"
From your position, you can also see another recruit attempting to pry a plank off of the hull. You are relatively sure that is a crime of some sort, but you're not sure if you can blame her. It is really pretty, after all...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:13:07 PM by Shiroukanken Le Bel Sakuya »

Fightest

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 12:33:41 PM »
> Pfft, as if we'd fall for that. The real shiny things are inside the ship.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 03:43:16 PM »
> Can we actually spell our own name?

> How many l's do we think colateral has?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 05:17:02 PM »
> Can we actually spell our own name?

> How many l's do we think colateral has?
> You have a little booklet with it written down in big letters in case you forget. Which happens rather often.
> Uh...off the top of your head, about seven?

> Pfft, as if we'd fall for that. The real shiny things are inside the ship.
> You step through the tunnel into the ship's airlock. The door closes behind you with a satisfying hiss. There's some impressive tech here, but the walls are laced with crayon markings. Most of them are along the lines of 'BLOSSUM WUZ HEER', but occasionally you see a picture of a kitty or a bunny in surprisingly fine detail.

>The doorway into the actual ship is closed. As you step forward, an image flickers onto the distant screen, too grainy for you to make out.

>"WELCOME TO THE FKS SUNSHINE. PLEASE STATE YOUR BUSINESS."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 05:24:01 PM »
>"Hi!"

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »
> "What's a...bees-knees? Is it shiny? And I have one? Where is it?" Pat yourself in search of the bees-knees.

Fightest

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »
> "I'm Expendable!"

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 07:14:25 PM »
> "I'm Expendable!"

> "EXPENDABUBBLE" "But my friends call me penny. Do you want to be my friend? Do you have shinies?"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:19:17 PM by Gappy »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 07:25:07 PM »
> "What's a...bees-knees? Is it shiny? And I have one? Where is it?" Pat yourself in search of the bees-knees.
>You try in vain to discover your bees-knees, but all you can find are regular knees. Maybe this computer is malfunctioning.

>"Hi!"
> "I'm Expendable!"
> "EXPENDABUBBLE"
>"Error! No recruit 'Expendable Expendabubble' found. Defaulting to 'Expendable Collateral.'"

The machine whirrs for a few seconds before the hologram flickers to life. This time it's easier to make out - the AI has taken the form of a girl roughly your age, in a close-cut leotard and a visor hanging over her forehead.

"Welcome to the crew, Miss Collateral!"

Oh god. She actually pronounced your name correctly. No-one has ever done that before.

"I am the ship's Artificial Data Analyzer, but you may call me Ada. I serve as an advisor for Captain Blackwing."

The door into the ship opens, and Ada drifts down it as she beckons you along with one finger. "You are due to meet with your commanding officer in approximately 274 seconds. Please follow me."

She doesn't seem to have a material form, and there's no-one else around, so you could probably sneak off to look around the ship if you felt like it...

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »
> How do we know how to pronounce our name correctly? Can we do that?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 07:58:10 PM »
>Wave our arms through her.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 08:14:30 PM »
> How do we know how to pronounce our name correctly? Can we do that?
>Well, the Fairy Queen pronounced it for you when you chose the name for yourself. And the Fairy Queen knows everything. You learned how to pronounce it by copying her intently.

>Wave our arms through her.
>"Please stop disturbing my photons," Ada says quietly. "They're perfectly fine where they are."

>Ada's trip leads you to a junction between the corridors. Other than the occasional doodle, all you can see is metal, but thankfully every surface seems to be shiny. You're standing at a crossroads: in front of you is an area marked LIVING QUARTERS, which Ada is currently floating towards. To your right (left?) there's a sign for the KITCHEN, and to your left (right?) you can find the ENGINE ROOM. You're not sure what's behind you - you were too busy touching Ada in inappropriate places to pay attention to what you passed.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »
>If this is a kingdom, is there a king? If not, shouldn't this be a queendom?

Fightest

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
> Let's be perfectly frank, the CO is likely to have the most shinies. Let us learn from them.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
> "Are 'Liv-in Coo-arse-ers' and 'Ann-ginny Room' my crewmates?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 12:33:21 AM »
> Prepare to go where no man has gone before.

> What's a man? More importantly, are they shiny?

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 08:12:59 AM »
> What's a man?

>A miserable pile of secrets.