Author Topic: Final Fantasy 9 Mafia (GAME OVER: SCUM WIN)  (Read 54927 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Final Fantasy 9 Mafia (Day 6)
« Reply #840 on: February 12, 2013, 02:52:41 AM »
Serela wins a LYLO for the first time in forever, if ever!
It was MYLO not LYLO, doesn't count.

gg

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Final Fantasy 9 Mafia (GAME OVER: SCUM WIN)
« Reply #841 on: February 12, 2013, 02:54:08 AM »
I don't care Dormio I am having my moment! The pizza is even coming out of the oven in like 10 seconds, it is so just in time.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #842 on: February 12, 2013, 02:55:29 AM »
Most useless character from FF9
most useless mafia player.
it makes sense!
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #843 on: February 12, 2013, 02:55:53 AM »
Graveyard: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/QjXS2jKApRsEB
Since Serela handled the other 2 QTs.

Role PMs:
Quote from: Affinity's
You are KUJA, SCUM WATCHER and SORE LOSER along with Serela and Dorian.  You may communicate with them in this quicktopic at any time.  One night you were approached by a mysterious man who asked you if you wanted to take revenge on those who defeated you.  Obviously you agreed, but you didn't expect a game to be made of it.  Ah well, best let the show start!  Every night you may either commit the factional kill or choose one player to watch, learning who, if anyone, targeted them last night.  You may not do both the same night unless you are the last Mafia alive.  Being a sore loser, when killed you cast Ultima in at any one person on your wagon when you were lynched, killing them instantly.  However, being a good sport you will not do this if it would result in a a win before the next day starts (i.e. LYLO or MYLO)  You win if at least one member of the Mafia is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Action syntax:
##Kill [player]
##Watch [player]
##ULTIMA [player]

Safeclaim:
You are LANI, TOWN WATCHER.  As a bounty hunter, when you heard about the chocobo idol recently found in Madain Sari, you had to get it to sell for profit.  Every night you may choose one player to watch, learning who, if anyone, targeted them last night.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Quote from: Serela's
You are BAKU, SCUM ONE-SHOT STRONGMAN alongside Affinity and Dorian(scumbuddies).    You may communicate with them in this quicktopic  at any time.  You are also the LEADER OF THE TANTALUS THEATER TROUPE.  One day you grew tired of thieving and wanted to retire, but couldn't afford to leave your crew knowing about your identity, so you dropped a line to 2 of the people known to hold a vendetta against anyone who knew you.  Every night you may commit the factional kill, or use your most powerful attack in battle, the ##BWAHAHA to get a guaranteed kill on your target at night, if you can reach them.  You may also communicate with your troupe, consisting of Shadoweh, Darkoda and SasAmra-san in this quicktopic at any time. You win if at least one member of the Mafia is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Action syntax:
##Kill [player]
##BWAHAHA [player]

Safeclaim:
You are MARCUS, TOWN MEMBER OF THE TANTALUS THEATER TROUPE.  Zidane told you he found a letter outlining a feast to celebrate the discovery of a Chocobo Idol.  Now Tantalus has planned to steal it. You may communicate with your troupe, consisting of Shadoweh, Darkoda and SasAmra-san in this url=http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/nxpV62jFEXxM6]quicktopic[/url] at any time. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Quote from: Dorian's
You are QUINA QUEN, SCUM TWO-SHOT MIMIC alongside Serela and Affinity.  You may communicate with them in this quicktopic at any time.  You went to Madain Sari because, like Cleyra, it had yummy sand.  Many other yummy-yummies were found there due to the feast. A man approached you and asked if you'd "dispose" of some "garbage", and you agreed.  Twice over the course of the game you can gain 'eat' the lynched player to gain their ability.  This must be decided by 24 hours into the day. You win if at least one member of the Mafia is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Action syntax:
##Kill [player]
##Eat

Safeclaim:
You are Quina, TOWN MIMIC.  You gain one use of the power of each lynch after their flip, but you must choose to do so the night before.  You went to Madain Sari because, like Cleyra, it had yummy sand.  Many other yummy-yummies were found there due to the feast.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!
I very much liked this role.

Quote from: Shadoweh's
You are ZIDANE TRIBAL, TOWN MEMBER OF THE TANTALUS THEATER TROUPE.  While wandering around Lindblum Castle you found a letter probably not meant for you outlining a feast to celebrate the discovery of a Chocobo Idol.  Naturally you told Tantalus about it and now you've planned to steal it.  You may  communicate with your troupe, consisting of Darkoda, SasAmra-san and Serela in this quicktopic at any time.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Quote from: Dormio's
You are GARNET TIL ALEXANDROS XVII, also known as DAGGER, the TOWN TRACKER.  You received an official invitation to a party to celebrate a lost treasure being recovered, which you told the castle guard about so they know you've left.  Once per night you can cast Scan on another player to see who, if anyone, they targeted that night.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Action syntax:
##Track [player] or ##Scan [player]

Quote from: BT's
You are EIKO CAROL, TOWN DOCTOR.  You're not quite sure why everyone started coming to Madain Sari, but you don't mind the company.  Something feels a little off about some of the people though.  Looks like some will need your protection, whether they want it or not!  Once per night you may select one player to protect from being killed that night.  You will not be informed if your protection was successful.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Action syntax:
##Doc [player] or ##Protect [player]

Quote from: rawr's
You are ADELBERT STEINER, Captain of the Knights of Pluto and PX's TOWN LOVER.  Upon the death of PX you will commit suicide.  You decided to investigate the party that the Queen mentioned, and found yourself surprised at how many people you knew were there.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Quote from: PX's
You are THE FEARED GENERAL BEATRIX WHO ONCE KILLED ONE HUNDRED KNIGHTS SINGLE-HANDEDLY, CAPTAIN OF THE ALEXANDRIA GUARD AND rawr's TOWN  LOVER.  Upon the death of rawr you will commit suicide.  You decided to investigate the party that the Queen mentioned, and found yourself surprised at how many people you knew were there.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Quote from: Zakeri's
You are CID FABOOL IX, TOWN Regent of Lindblum.  You are also quite the INVENTOR.  You had decided to visit Eiko in Madain Sari only to find the place packed.  Immediately you feel something is wrong and decide to get to the bottom of it for the good of Gaia.  Each night you can choose to tinker in your workshop to try to create an offensive device, a defensive device or a strategic device to give to any other player.  You only have the parts to create one of each device.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Action syntax:
##Invent [offense, defense, strategy] [player]
Offense was a nightvig, defense was a bulletproof, strategy was a roleblock.

Quote from: ActionDan's
You are MIKOTO.  You left the Black Mage Village to visit the Moogles in Madain Sari only to find the place packed.  Immediately you feel something is wrong and decide to get to the bottom of it for the good of Terra.  Despite this being role madness, you are a VANILLA TOWNIE.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!
Every night however, the soul of the NK would 'pass through' Mikoto as sort of a conduit towards the Iifa Tree or something.  ActionDan would gain the use of the NKed players' power, once, during the next day/night cycle only.  That jerk Serela had to go kill the role before it could be used though, I would have liked to see how it played.  Same for the inventor actually.

Quote from: Darkoda's
You are BLANK, TOWN MEMBER OF THE TANTALUS THEATER TROUPE.  Zidane told you he found a letter outlining a feast to celebrate the discovery of a Chocobo Idol.  Now Tantalus has planned to steal it.  You may communicate with your troupe, consisting of SasAmra-san, Serela and Shadoweh in this quicktopic at any time.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Quote from: Conqlaris's
You are VIVI ORUNITIA, TOWN INNOCENT BLACK MAGE.  You've been hanging out with Eiko lately and you woke up this morning to a bunch of familiar faces in Madain Sari.  Something was amiss though, so you decide to investigate.  At any point during the game should you feel you need to prove your innocence send the mods a PM and post "##INNOCENT" in the thread.  Once seen the mod will confirm you as town.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Quote from: Amra's
You are CINNA, TOWN MEMBER OF THE TANTALUS THEATER TROUPE.  Zidane told you he found a letter outlining a feast to celebrate the discovery of a Chocobo Idol.  Now Tantalus has planned to steal it.  You may communicate with your troupe, consisting of Shadoweh, Serela and Darkoda in this quicktopic at any time.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Quote from: NNR's
You are FREYA CRESCENT, TOWN 2-SHOT COMMUTER.  You went to Madain Sari while checking over Gaia again to see if you could find Fratley.  You didn't find Fratley, but you did find you old traveling buddies.  Something doesn't seem right though.  Twice at night you can jump into the air to render yourself untargetable by night actions.  You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.  Happy hunting!

Action syntax:
##Jump / ##Commute

Night Actions:
N1:
Kuja/Affinity                 Watch Conqueror- no visits
Baku/Serela   Kill         ActionDan- SUCCESS
Garnet/Dormio           Tracks PX- went nowhere
Eiko/BT                          Protect BT
Mikoto/ActionDan     Nothing!
Freya/NNR                    YES, Jump/Commute/whatever

N2:
Kuja/Affinity                Watch BT- Was visited by BT, Dormio
Baku/Serela                Kill BT w/ BWAHAHA-SUCCESS
Quina/Dorian             Eat Freya D2-Jumps N2
Garnet/Dormio          Track BT- Vistied BT
Eiko/BT                         Protect BT- pierced

N3:
Kuja/Affinity                Kills rawr-SUCCESS
Quina/Dorian             Eat D3-"I NO CAN EAT"/no act N3
Garnet/Dormio          Track Affinity- result, visited rawr

N4:
Quina/Dorian              Kill Shadoweh
Garnet/Dormio           Track Dorian-visited Shadoweh

N5:
Baku/Serela                 Kill Dormio
Garnet/Dormio           Track Darkoda -DEAD

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #844 on: February 12, 2013, 02:56:28 AM »
Night actions/Role PMs?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #845 on: February 12, 2013, 02:57:00 AM »
When I was walking back with my pizza I walked by the fire alarm and it went off right in my ear oh my god
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #846 on: February 12, 2013, 02:58:23 AM »
I was about to post with maizono faces but I realized the game was over and I didn't need to anymore

No regrets because I was able to ##GoPlanet :V

Serela was actually really town-looking so good job! At least I got to lynch two scum beforehand, I think it was my first time I actually did lynch scum `_`

I guess I confirmation-bias'd way too much in the end `_` although I probably wouldn't have thought Serela in the end, it was really a toss-up between Amra/Darkoda the newbies. Having the mod-confirmed town role made me not care about looking scummy as much, but I ended up looking town to everyone??? so I didn't get any good opportunity to use my role >:(

« Reply #847 on: February 12, 2013, 03:06:15 AM »
town is a bunch of scrubs, i bet i could have called 2/3 the scumteam in my sleep

oh wait :smug:

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #848 on: February 12, 2013, 03:11:15 AM »
good job Serela!  You were the coolest person this game regardless of alignment.

I wish I had just claimed vanilla townie and tried my best.  Oh well.  Darkoda needs to have a better idea of how to play mafia. 

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #849 on: February 12, 2013, 03:13:38 AM »
Night actions/Role PMs?
#843.
town is a bunch of scrubs, i bet i could have called 2/3 the scumteam in my sleep

oh wait :smug:
This was hilarious.  Actually this whole game was hilarious EXCEPT THE D3 ACTIVITY LEVEL  >:(

« Reply #850 on: February 12, 2013, 03:17:09 AM »
Having the mod-confirmed town role made me not care about looking scummy as much, but I ended up looking town to everyone??? so I didn't get any good opportunity to use my role >:(
honestly giving conq innocent child is just redundant

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #851 on: February 12, 2013, 03:32:28 AM »
Debating posting the link to my thoughts QT since it isn't exactly the nicest string of texts on the internet.

I probably won't though since people might get offended by it or something. Personally I wouldn't say it's offensive but it does throw a few choice words at a few people from the game.

I guess people who really want to read it can PM me I guess
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:55:56 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #852 on: February 12, 2013, 03:35:09 AM »
quick votes.

bad.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #853 on: February 12, 2013, 03:40:42 AM »
other maizono images i never got around to using:

<- I should've used this one when Shadoweh posted that I made Maizono look creepy but it slipped my mind and I did the three happy faces instead. darn!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #854 on: February 12, 2013, 03:45:45 AM »
Oh my god Polly you are the best.

Me and HW had a PM happiness exchange when you replaced in.

« Reply #855 on: February 12, 2013, 03:48:10 AM »
actually that wasn't because of polly (though it can be retroactively) i just was bored and felt like sending you a pm with 200 :toot: s

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #856 on: February 12, 2013, 04:07:18 AM »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #857 on: February 12, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »

« Reply #859 on: February 12, 2013, 04:33:51 AM »
Probably would have been better to get someone for votecounts since the earlier part of the game needed it. I can't really say anything about the setup itself but it was a fun setup!

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #860 on: February 12, 2013, 06:32:48 AM »
ggwp

dreaming about mafia
i'm so sorry, i really am  :ohdear:

:*

Also oh my god oh my god oh my god I've never won in lylo before even though I almost always get there! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.
Magical Madness 2 as a recent example, among others i cant be bothered to dig up right now, just to deflate your victory. 8) (well played though)

also, polaris was a great impersonator
related:
[22:29:01] <Conq> did you think polaris was me the last half of the game or something :v
[22:29:11] <Hero999> Yes
[22:29:23] <Hero999> I mean I only figured out it was polaris about....5 days ago
[22:29:36] <Hero999> and only just realized the reason he was using that avatar
[22:29:54] <Hero999> because the whole time I seriously thought it you the whole damn time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:34:45 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #861 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07:16 AM »
How to get a town read as scum or ...

[08:23]   <Dorian>   Also: "On another side note: Based on our avatars are we now the ?Komeiji sisters scum team?, if that isn't a good omen then I don't know.^^"
[08:24]   <Shadowmeh>   Should have known komeji's were scum
[08:25]   <Shadowmeh>   can read minds and didn't know who the scum were
[08:29]   <Dorian>   It was actually more the other way around, the point that Dormio posted half of my conclusion about PX as I was still busy phrasing the questions to get me there was kinda scary.^^;;

Damn it Dormio, get out of my head!
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #862 on: February 12, 2013, 07:10:02 AM »
did serela forget about imp

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #863 on: February 12, 2013, 07:44:27 AM »
GOOD JOB Serela

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #864 on: February 12, 2013, 02:35:42 PM »
Magical Madness 2 and IMP didn't end in lylo

MM2 I think was in lylo the day -before- the last day, but :V

Anyway now I have to go to work

edit:Actually IMP was lylo, huh. WELL NO ONE NOTICED.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:40:54 PM by Serela »

« Reply #865 on: February 12, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »
edit:Actually IMP was lylo, huh. WELL NO ONE NOTICED.
i have a 100% winrate when in LYLO with shadoweh :)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #866 on: February 12, 2013, 03:40:26 PM »
Looking at IMP, endgame was 4p but it was declared LYLO and not MYLO so ???

« Reply #867 on: February 12, 2013, 03:41:39 PM »
Chaore doesn't let town No Lynch, iirc

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #868 on: February 12, 2013, 10:13:16 PM »
i have a 100% winrate when in LYLO with shadoweh :)
MY EVERLASTING HATE

ALSO GOD DAMNIT SERELA. I will remember next time. "Maybe I'm just improving! :D" NO IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE SCUM

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #869 on: February 12, 2013, 11:38:30 PM »
Don't worry he'll definitely revert back to the roleclop if I ever need to rely on him as a buddy