Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Rumia Quest VI; Cont: Reaching for the Sky  (Read 35048 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
[COMPLETE] Rumia Quest VI; Cont: Reaching for the Sky
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:38:39 PM »
Previous Thread here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13932.0.html

>Yeah, let's head over to two-tone with Renko and introduce ourselves.
>"...You're the one in charge here, right? I'm Maribel, Maribel Han. This is my friend Renko Usami." Gesture towards Renko as we mention her.

>Ready ourselves for the inevitable 'you look like Yukari'.

> You ready yourself.

> "Oh, I believe I've not met you before. Are you a newcomers to Gensokyo?" the woman asks, with a smile. "I am Byakuren Hijiri, head of the Myouren Temple. I am a Magician-Youkai."

> She indicates to the other monk. "This is Ichirin Kumoi, a youkai with the power to control Nyuudou. The cloud is her Nyuudou ally, Unzan."

> The indicated monk bows.

> "The tiger youkai is the second in command of the temple, Shou Toramaru, an avatar of the god Bishamoten. She is on watch for Shades, since her pagoda, a relic of Bishamoten, can incinerate them effortlessly."

> The tiger youkai does not respond, being busy on lookout.

"This mouse is Nazrin, Shou's follower. She is also a treasure hunter."

> Nazrin waves.

> "The sailor is Captain Murasa Minamitsu, who is actually a vengeful ghost of a shipwreck. As long as you don't go near large bodies of water while she is around, you'll be OK."

> "Hey, they're safe on a boat if I'm the Captain of it." Murasa says, slinging her anchor over her back.

> "The one in black is Nue Houjuu, a... well... Nue. She's a trickster and doesn't like humans too much, as well as having no interest in Buddhism, but she's one of my allies none the less."

> "Great to hear that Hijiri." Nue says.

> "The Tanuki is Nue's friend, Mamizou. She only came into Gensokyo not too long ago herself. She's a moneylender."

> Mamizou twirls and transforms into Renko, although she still has a tail.

> "I must say, I like this hat." Mamizou says, still in Renko's form.

> "The one in pink with blue hair is Kyouko, she's a disciple at the temple, and also does the cleaning. She's a yamabiko, so she can be a little loud."

> "HELLO!" the yamabiko shouts, before covering her mouth. "Sorry..."

> "And the karakasa over there is Kogasa Tatara. She's one of Rumia's friends, she just lives in our graveyard to surprise people."

> Kogasa dosen't even seem to notice Byakuren is talking about her, and instead flies over to the woman and the zombie.

> Byakuren notices this, looks at the pair, and sighs.

> "Well, I can't stop her if she's renewing her magic on that Jiang-Shi... that would be denying the life she gave to it. Nor should I really stop her if she wants to pay respects to Yukari. She's a Taoist Hermit, and the Toaists and Buddhists do not get along. Her practice of dark magic only serves to make me dislike her more." Byakuren says.

> "Did she raise that Jiang-Shi?" Renko asks.

> "Yes." Byakuren answers.

> Wow... she didn't point out the obvious. Finally someone in Gensokyo with some tact.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:23:46 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Rumia Quest IV; Cont: Reaching for the Sky
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »
>Sigh. "Yeah. We got here today, and a lot's happened since."
>Then smile in an extremely faint way. "But at least you didn't point out the obvious, which is a small bit of cheer."
>Then glance over to Mamizou. "Well, it's Renko's favorite as well. So that's no surprise."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:49:30 PM »
>Sigh. "Yeah. We got here today, and a lot's happened since."
>Then smile in an extremely faint way. "But at least you didn't point out the obvious, which is a small bit of cheer."
>Then glance over to Mamizou. "Well, it's Renko's favorite as well. So that's no surprise."

> "I imagine so. There are two things Gensokyo never is. The first is safe, and the second is boring." Byakuren says.

> "I was there only a couple of days ago, when we found out she had a descendant at all. I was at her deathbed. I know better than to need to vocally put two and two together, especially since I have lost loved ones, long, long ago." Byakuren says.

> You look over to Mamizou, who is spinning the hat on her finger. "It's so cool, too bad it'll turn back to my leaf when I transform back."

> "You look stupid doing that Mami." Nue teases.

> "No, I look awesome." she says, putting the hat back on her head, and tipping it.

> "OK, that looks better than the spinning hat thing you were doing."

> "I must apologize if this seems strange to you. Headgear is a big deal in Gensokyo fashion." Byakuren says.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 08:54:22 PM »
>Take off our own hat and look at it. "...I never knew that this hat was a gift from 'her' though...People kept saying that I looked just like her...But I don't want to be compared to her."
>Then put it back on. "It is my favorite hat though, that won't change."
>Come to think of it, do we know how Renko came by her hat? If we can ever get out of this place, we might be able to get an extra or two.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
>Take off our own hat and look at it. "...I never knew that this hat was a gift from 'her' though...People kept saying that I looked just like her...But I don't want to be compared to her."
>Then put it back on. "It is my favorite hat though, that won't change."
>Come to think of it, do we know how Renko came by her hat? If we can ever get out of this place, we might be able to get an extra or two.

> "Comparisons are inevitable, unfortunately. That's how people judge others, by what they know. It's a fact of life. People compare Sanae to Reimu, because they are both Mikos, for example. People compare Marisa to myself, as we are both magicians." Byakuren says.

> "You shouldn't change just because you found something new out. Be yourself." Ichirin says. Unzan nods.

> You know how Renko came by her hat indeed! You gave it to her for her 19th birthday! You ordered it online.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 09:02:35 PM »
>Smile slightly. "You know, if she likes that hat so much, there's a way she can get one for herself. It needs me to be able to get back outside of Gensokyo though. After all, I was the one who got Renko's hat for her."
>Well, they've got a point. Even if our powers grew, we're still us. Not Yukari....Not that Mokou would say we aren't though. Stubborn hothead.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
>Smile slightly. "You know, if she likes that hat so much, there's a way she can get one for herself. It needs me to be able to get back outside of Gensokyo though. After all, I was the one who got Renko's hat for her."
>Well, they've got a point. Even if our powers grew, we're still us. Not Yukari....Not that Mokou would think otherwise though.

> "Well, Yukari would pop into the human world for brief periods, a few minutes, every now and then." Byakuren says. "Maybe once your powers grow, you can."

> You're not quite sure what Mokou was attempting to say to you. Was she saying you need to follow in Yukari's footsteps? Did she want you to stop moping around and hating Yukari so much? Was she just angry and took offense due to her old-fashioned ways?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
>"That's just it, that's how I got here in the first place. I have no idea why I can't get back out. I should be able to, but.."
>Immortals, so confusing. Her brain's clearly been addled by dying so often or something.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 09:09:30 PM »
>"That's just it, that's how I got here in the first place. I have no idea why I can't get back out. I should be able to, but.."
>Immortals, so confusing. Her brain's clearly been addled by dying so often or something.

> "The Hakurei Barrier was designed to be one-way. It's also a lot easier to enter a world of magic from a world without it, if you are magical, than it is to exit." Byakuren explains. "I've done my fair share of magical dimension hopping. I was sealed in a place with even more magic in the air than this place once, and I couldn't break out, regardless of what I did. Although, I did get significantly stronger because of the higher magic in that environment."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 09:13:01 PM »
>Sigh. "So we're stuck here until I can get strong enough...? If I'd known this was going to happen, I wouldn't have brought Renko..."
>We can still adjust borders at least, so maybe we can use that to get people to stop telling us we look like Yukari.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »
>Sigh. "So we're stuck here until I can get strong enough...? If I'd known this was going to happen, I wouldn't have brought Renko..."
>We can still adjust borders at least, so maybe we can use that to get people to stop telling us we look like Yukari.

> "Don't worry. If what Mokou said is right, combined with what Byakuren just said, being here should make us stronger. Both of us." Renko says.

> You could, but it's hard to see borders on yourself, and you don't accidentally want to pull the border of life and death or something equally important and ruin yourself.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »
>Stare at Renko a bit, as if she was some sort of head-scratcher of a riddle. "But my power used to only be seeing boundaries, I can't even begin to imagine what yours could become."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 09:22:40 PM »
>Stare at Renko a bit, as if she was some sort of head-scratcher of a riddle. "But my power used to only be seeing boundaries, I can't even begin to imagine what yours could become."

> "I know, I mean, what can I do now? Tell time and location by looking at the stars." Renko says.

> The spirit with Reimu seems to look towards Renko upon hearing that, and floats over.

> "Hello. Mima. Magician with mastery of cosmic magic." the spirit says.

> Reimu comes over.

> "What are you plotting Mima... these two haven't even been in Gensokyo ten hours and you're already plotting something aren't you?"

> "How rude. I just wanted to introduce myself to the young lady in the shite shirt and black hat." Mima says, sounding wounded, but obviously faking the insult.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 09:28:04 PM »
>Oh brother. Here we go again.
>"Another person who has an ability to do with the stars I see."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 09:31:26 PM »
>Oh brother. Here we go again.
>"Another person who has an ability to do with the stars I see."

> "Not so much an ability, more an... acquired magic. It's my school of magic, and it is the ultimate 'Black' magic, it's power is unparallelled!" Mima boasts. "I'd show off, but the Yama is just over there, and I don't want her to start lecturing me on all that. Or worse getting mad enough to try and get me across the Sanzu."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »
>"...You're a lot like Marisa, aren't you? She talked the same way about that laser of hers."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 09:33:13 PM »
>"...You're a lot like Marisa, aren't you? She talked the same way about that laser of hers."

> "I'm her mentor." Mima says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »
>Well, that certainly explains that. "I can definitely see the similarities. If you had blonde hair, you'd almost be a dead ringer for her."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 09:40:20 PM »
>Well, that certainly explains that. "I can definitely see the similarities. If you had blonde hair, you'd almost be a dead ringer for her."

> "Why would I need the same hair color to be her teacher? Besides, Marisa is a redhead anyway. Like Reimu's purple. They just changed their hair colors."

> "M-Mima! Stop telling everyone I actually have purple hair!" Reimu protests.

> "Besides, I'm nothing like Marisa. I hardly even teach her anymore, so she started stealing everyone else's spells. She's turned more into a 'laser magician' than a 'cosmic magician', but I don't mind." Mima says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 09:47:26 PM »
>"I was talking about how similar you two would be in both appearance and behavior. I suppose people would only be able to tell the two of you apart at that point would be the outfits."
>....This is just like us and looking like Yukari.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »
>"I was talking about how similar you two would be in both appearance and behavior. I suppose people would only be able to tell the two of you apart at that point would be the outfits."
>....This is just like us and looking like Yukari.

> "What, and the fact I don't have legs?" Mima says, swishing her ghost tail around.

> "Let's not forget my wings." she adds, unfurling a pair of wings that can only be described as daemonic.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 09:57:41 PM »
>...Eep?
>"...Yeah, that too."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 09:58:57 PM »
>...Eep?
>"...Yeah, that too."

> "You look impressed. Good." Mima says.

> The sun has almost set.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 10:04:34 PM »
>"Hey, uh, weren't the Shade things dark-based?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 10:05:47 PM »
>"Hey, uh, weren't the Shade things dark-based?"

> "Yes. However, between my cosmic magic, the tiger's relic, and the Yama, no Shade would achieve anything coming here." Mima says.

> "Don't forget me..." Reimu says.

> "Oh yes, and those Hakurei powers."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:40 PM »
>"...Is it me, or does it seem like people have been forgetting about her lately?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »
>"...Is it me, or does it seem like people have been forgetting about her lately?"

> "I'm doing it on purpose." Mima says. "We're not forgetting about her, we're IGNOREING her."

> Mima gets smacked over the head by Reimu's gohei.

> The sun sets, and the Yama clears her throat.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 10:13:11 PM »
>Let's listen to what she has to say.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 10:22:33 PM »
>Let's listen to what she has to say.

> Everyone stops talking and acting, even the Necromancer, and Kogasa.

> "We are gathered here today to remember the late Yukari Yakumo, a unique type of youkai, a youkai of boundries, who was beyond any of our understanding. Most of us would rarely have seen her, if at all, but we all heard of her. We have all been effected by her, in fact, by all regards, she is a hero. If not for her, there would be no Gensokyo. Not only that, but she gave up her life to save another dimension." Eiki says.

> "While her motives, plans, and even actions were not always clear, she always had a reason for every cryptic message, every little action, and everything she even didn't do. No-one could understand Yukari, for she was that far ahead of everyone else. Even I, who sees actions in black and white, had to wade through a sea of grey to judge Yukari."

> "However, now, Yukari has passed, as she lived. She is now reunited with her best friend from times of old, forever. She would not wish for everyone to linger on her passing, indeed, she was carefree enough that she didn't even seem to care too much that she was dead. She would want everyone to move on without her, and make Gensokyo an even better place."

> "She may have been... not on the best of terms, with everyone in Gensokyo, due to her being, somewhat different and beyond understanding, as well as carefree and easygoing, even lazy at times, but, she still touched everyone in Gensokyo, and will have had an effect on every single being in this world. Even the fairies."

> Eiki pauses, and the graveyard suddenly flowers into red flowers around Eiki, as she places her rod into the ground.

> "May she rest in peace." the Yama finishes.

> "Would anyone else like to say anything?" she says, picking her rod back up.

> Shou fires some thin, golden lasers from the light in her pagoda, which... curve and seek out some moving shadows, which burst into light.

> "Don't worry, I got em." she says.

> "Curvy lasers..." Renko says, sounding confused.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 10:46:41 PM »
>"We're in a world of magic, ghosts, demons, and who knows what else, and you're bothered by curving lasers?"