Author Topic: Touhou Perfect Lunatic clears  (Read 56141 times)

Touhou Perfect Lunatic clears
« on: January 20, 2013, 04:11:02 AM »
Basic conditions: no-miss, no-bomb, Lunatic difficult. Some games require an extra condition to make a run "perfect".

EoSD:
SOC - ReimuB - 303,674,810 - Replay
水月 - ReimuB - 298,883,760 - Replay
Clio - ReimuB - 264,675,760 - Replay (played using a Sega Saturn controller) - Video

PCB: (no border breaks)
HS参謀 - ReimuB - 1,611,841,260 - Replay
pndsng - ReimuA - 1,475,211,220 - Replay - Video
KYO - SakuyaB - 1,412,962,030 - Replay - Video
hayamin - ReimuB - 1,198,075,140 - Replay
水月 - SakuyaA - 1,194,134,680 - Replay - video

IN: (all Last Spells captured)
Clio - Ghost Team - Final B - 5,445,795,380 - Replay - Video
水月 - Border Team - Final B - 4,280,131,220 - Replay - Video
Clio - Ghost Team - Final A - 4,194,921,460 - Replay
***YZ*** - Border Team - Final B - 4,022,998,120 - Replay
水月 - Border Team - Final A - 3,831,197,110 - Replay

MoF:
ASK - MarisaC - 2,114,373,490 - Replay
水月 - MarisaC - 2,062,404,990 - Replay - Video
MB - ReimuB - 1,762,504,510 - Replay
水月 - ReimuC - 1,755,915,920 - Replay - Video
SOC - ReimuB - 1,658,960,110 - Replay
KYO - ReimuB - 1,658,738,770 - Replay
PWG - ReimuB - 1,630,796,690 - Replay
Y.S - ReimuA - 1,575,430,460 - Replay - Video
coa - ReimuB - 1,557,191,130 - Replay

SA:
えなめる - MarisaB - 2,333,446,970 - Replay (timed out Stage 5 midboss Orin for scoring purposes)
MB - ReimuA - 1,474,812,210 - Replay
水月 - ReimuA - 1,349,848,540 - Replay - Video
Nindel - ReimuA - 1,334,688,950 - Replay - Video
coa - ReimuA - 1,228,557,590 - Replay
ごぼう - ReimuA - 1,185,122,120 - Replay
SOC - ReimuA - 1,183,116,170 - Replay

UFO: (no-UFO summoning by default)
アイスプライス - ReimuA - 2,316,317,130 - Replay (UFO summoning for scoring purposes)
shin - ReimuB - 396,986,370 - Replay - Video
水月 - ReimuA - 389,545,640 - Replay - Video
EOH - ReimuA - 368,859,450 - Replay
coa - ReimuA - 363,476,340 - Replay
くらげ - ReimuA - 360,654,630 - Replay

GFW:
clock_eu26 - 67,138,120 - Route A2 - Replay - Video
ns - 64,402,120 - Route B1 - Replay - Video
ns - 63,829,090 - Route A1 - Replay - Video
ns - 62,105,840 - Route B2 - Replay - Video

TD: (no trance)
SOC - Youmu - 490,024,200 - Replay - Video
ns - Reimu - 475,445,530 - Replay
水月 - Reimu - 459,355,380 - Replay - Video
みぞる - Reimu - 457,910,170 - Replay
coa - Reimu - 439,564,790 - Replay
ASL - Reimu - 427,059,460  - Replay (timed out Miko's second-to-last card due to RNG issues)
ひなぶ@7bitm - Reimu - 418,148,810 - Replay

DDC:
水月 - ReimuA - 843,987,590 - Replay - Video
にしゅびー - SakuyaA - 746,533,160 - Replay - Video

PC-98
PoDD:
Zil - Yumemi - Video (took hits, but never died/bombed)

Thanks Ranko Hoshino for uploading many runs onto Youtube. :toot:

Notable Close Calls
EoSD:
水月 - ReimuA - 346,973,980 - Replay - Died to Thousand Needles Mountain

PCB:
Minogame - ReimuB - 1,180,568,270 - Replay - Border broken at Stage 6 opener spam

IN:
SOC - Scarlet Team - Final B - 4,675,071,290 - Replay - Failed Last Spells: Reimu, Kaguya's 5th
seto - Magic Team - Final B - 3,607,348,380 - Replay - Failed Last Spells: Mystia, Reimu, Reisen, Kaguya's 2nd and 5th

MoF:
F-D - ReimuA - 1,698,090,710 - Replay - Bombed at Moses' Miracle

SA:
水月 - ReimuB - 1,262,300,490 - Replay - Died to Small Demon's Revival

UFO:
HECATE - SanaeA - 347,916,820 - Replay - Died to Devil's Recitation
EOH - ReimuB - 356,479,270 - Replay - Died to the very last moment of LFS

DDC:
ASL - SakuyaA - 723,960,760 - Replay - Died to Shinmyoumaru's first spell
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:33:28 PM by Wriggle »

Re: Touhou Perfect Lunatic clears
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 04:15:15 AM »
That 水月guy is quite something.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:42:49 AM »
That goldfox replay is a savestate TAS.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:12:14 AM »

An unmarked one? Is there a story behind that?

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 08:25:47 AM »
The guy wanted to cheat some reputation to himself, posting it to several boards and youtube.

Some people on /jp/, me included, watched both the videos and the replay. In addition to his dodging style being completely ridiculous - as if he had never seen the patterns before, but got lucky -, there were other things. First hint of something fishy is that the score doesn't exceed 2B. For a person with enough knowledge and confidence to NMNB the game, a basic survival score of 3B should be reached. The condition of NMNB could actually push it well beyond 4B without the player doing anything fancy, given IN's system.
In the videos, there were several idioticly low spellcard records and whatnot.
He also started the run with four extra lives or so. I'd assume someone good enough to NMNB a game played with normal rescources.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 08:28:07 AM »
I think there's another one for SA. I haven't watched it to confirm though. It was in a folder than Riz sent me on YouTube sometime last year in response to a comment I'd made.
http://score.royalflare.net/th11/replay11/th11_ud103d.rpy

That folder also included a few of the replays on this list (including the other one I linked), a near-perfect IN Lunatic replay that only failed Remote Rabbit, and a perfect TD replay (file name th13_ud0351.rpy, in-game player name "ns") that doesn't seem to be on Royalflare.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 08:50:33 AM »
The guy wanted to cheat some reputation to himself, posting it to several boards and youtube.

Some people on /jp/, me included, watched both the videos and the replay. In addition to his dodging style being completely ridiculous - as if he had never seen the patterns before, but got lucky -, there were other things. First hint of something fishy is that the score doesn't exceed 2B. For a person with enough knowledge and confidence to NMNB the game, a basic survival score of 3B should be reached. The condition of NMNB could actually push it well beyond 4B without the player doing anything fancy, given IN's system.
In the videos, there were several idioticly low spellcard records and whatnot.
He also started the run with four extra lives or so. I'd assume someone good enough to NMNB a game played with normal rescources.

Oh, quite interesting, thank you for the background information!
Though I have to wonder, how come it isn't flagged? I'm not overly familiar with that replay site, has no one ever bothered flagging it or is it being deemed legit by whoever is in charge there?

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 08:54:03 AM »
The replay site is poorly managed, to put it kindly. 

edit for clarification: those in charge appear to have no idea to tell if a replay is legit and are unresponsive to notifications.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:57:50 AM by K.B. »
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »
The replay site is poorly managed, to put it kindly. 

edit for clarification: those in charge appear to have no idea to tell if a replay is legit and are unresponsive to notifications.

I see, that is regrettable, considering how frequently the site is being used. Thank you for the explanation.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 03:38:54 PM »
Ah thanks, I just removed it. Yeah, I also suspected, especially by the way he dodged Kaguya's spellcards. But I wasn't sure.

Oh, quite interesting, thank you for the background information!
Though I have to wonder, how come it isn't flagged? I'm not overly familiar with that replay site, has no one ever bothered flagging it or is it being deemed legit by whoever is in charge there?
I doubt anyone still moderates that thing. I've marked some obvious EoSD Extra TAS, and some stolen replay, and months have passed and they're still unmarked.

I think there's another one for SA. I haven't watched it to confirm though. It was in a folder than Riz sent me on YouTube sometime last year in response to a comment I'd made.
http://score.royalflare.net/th11/replay11/th11_ud103d.rpy

Just confirmed it is and included it, thanks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:13:11 PM by Wriggle »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 07:27:40 PM »
I've at least recorded Shin's perfect UFO Reimu B run. I'm thinking about recording the other runs too, now that they've been posted here.  :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiWFa21GIGQ
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 08:23:50 PM »
savestate TAS.

Did he say what savestate program he used?
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 08:27:05 PM »

Considering that he would have to ignore or deny the accusations, that seems unlikely.
Still, this has got to be the best reaction to that comment, haha.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »
He never replied.

-

And honestly, I couldn't care less what he used. And neither should you.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 09:34:03 PM »
And honestly, I couldn't care less what he used. And neither should you.
Well, TAS runs made to look legit and be passed off as legit are evil and should really not be done.
TAS runs made for the sake of being impressive and entertaining and pushing the game to its very limit, like the entire purpose of TASvideos are awesome and wanting to know how to make one of those is fine.

Judging from Bang Jan's uploads and such, I'd say he falls into the latter.

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:45 PM »
Yeah that's the kind of TAS I like. Because of that, I'm a big fan of Kopiapoa and his TAS videos. :3

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 08:21:06 AM »
And he'd need a slowdown program for that, not a savestating program. Or, if he'd do what Kopiapoa does, both. And a huge amount of patience and effort, actually good TAS replays are not made without tons and tons of effort. Take the TASMAFU PCB Replay for example, or Kopiapoa's EoSD Extra stuff.

-

As far as I can remember, Bang Jan would want a savestating program to practice single Spell Cards without having to go through an entire stage.

I think he - and many others of you, when it comes to asking from me - could use some practice in patience. Forget the savestating, sit down on your computer and enjoy the ride, the entire thing.

-

Also, discussing cheating methods and naming them is a thing I'd rather not do, and I do believe that the moderating side on this forum chimes with me on this. While the one asking might not have any malicious intentions, someone else could have, and I have no intention in making life easier for possible cheaters.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:23:06 AM by Vee »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:44 AM »
And he'd need a slowdown program for that, not a savestating program. Or, if he'd do what Kopiapoa does, both. And a huge amount of patience and effort, actually good TAS replays are not made without tons and tons of effort. Take the TASMAFU PCB Replay for example, or Kopiapoa's EoSD Extra stuff.

-

As far as I can remember, Bang Jan would want a savestating program to practice single Spell Cards without having to go through an entire stage.

I think he - and many others of you, when it comes to asking from me - could use some practice in patience. Forget the savestating, sit down on your computer and enjoy the ride, the entire thing.

-

Also, discussing cheating methods and naming them is a thing I'd rather not do, and I do believe that the moderating side on this forum chimes with me on this. While the one asking might not have any malicious intentions, someone else could have, and I have no intention in making life easier for possible cheaters.

Music to my ears! Not to mention, when going for timeouts of, say, VoWG, I think using savestate programs would give the user a psychological advantage on top of significantly reducing the amount of time that has to be invested into the achievement. In general, it gives you an advantage over players who choose not to use savestate programs.

As a result, personally, I'd definitely not hold a timeout of VoWG achieved through means of savestate practice  in as high a regard as one done without use of any third-party tools. Then again, I'm not a fan of any third-party tools in general, regardless of what they do.

Slightly off-topic remark - these abbreviations are getting out of hand. What in god's name is "TASMAFU" supposed to mean? I get the TAS part, but what about the rest?

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »
Probably since TASMAFU is not an abbreviation. It's a replay name.

Touhou abbrevations I know of:

NB - No Bombs
ND/NM - No Deaths
NBB - No Border Breaks
L - Lunatic
E - Easy
N - Normal
H - Hard
GAME NAMES - I assume you know these
SoEW - Shit game don't play this
NF - No Focus
TAS - Tool Assisted Slowdown
NV - No velociraptors Vertical
NH - No Horizontal
NT - No Trance
NUFO - No UFO summons

Kaweii otoko weeabooze shit:
NR - No border breaks
NV - No UFO
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:17:49 AM by Vee »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 11:00:22 AM »
Probably since TASMAFU is not an abbreviation. It's a replay name.

Ooh, now that's one mystery solved, thank you! There are some abbreviations left which I can't quite remember, but I'll just ask the next time I see them.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 11:56:03 AM »
TAS more commonly refers to tool-assisted speedrun. But in a Touhou context it's generally tool-assisted slowdown or tool-assisted scorerun. Or there's always the general term tool-assisted superplay, which I think was invented to justify the use of the term TAS for tool-assisted non-speedruns over lesser-known terms like TAW or TAP or simply TA or something.

Anyway, I think someone should make a list of Touhou-specific abbreviations commonly used in this forum. There seems to be a tendency to refer to a lot of things using acronyms here, and I remember getting confused in the past about what a lot of them meant, particularly spell card names.

I mean:
PWG = Peerless Wind God
VoWG = Virtue of Wind God (yes pretty much everyone knows this one)
RTG = Radiant Treasure Gun
LFS = Legendary Flying Saucer
SFN = Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana

...I think I'll start doing this, actually. Perhaps at some point I'll create a reference thread or something.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:05:32 PM by Karisa »

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 02:41:31 PM »
I had to go fight Aya to find out what PWG meant at first. :V

UBS - Unseasonable Butterfly Storm
DBDB - Double Black Death Butterfly
DBF - Danmaku Bounded Field
BoLaD - Border of Life and Death
IS - Imperishable Shooting
SG - Scarlet Gensokyo

Oh and about the savestate thing, I believe savestating for a specific spellcard would be kinda unfair as I'm pretty sure the RNG-based spellcards would end static. The static/aimed ones would be okay though.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:00:48 PM by Wriggle »

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 04:30:46 PM »
I personally take these perfect runs with a grain of salt. Cheaters can't be fully eliminated.

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 04:53:23 PM »

SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTION!
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:59 PM »
SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Why, thank you for taking the time to read the several responses to your question.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Drake

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »
I personally take these perfect runs with a grain of salt. Cheaters can't be fully eliminated.
definitely not any projection going on here nope no sirree

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:51 PM »

because those players totally just did it out of random and didn't need to grind their asses off for them. I bet people like 水月 have more playing hours in ONE game than you or I do in all of them combined.

a NMNB run is definitely something only the very best (or very luckiest :V) can achieve through legit means. every such run deserves some hell of recognition.