Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 2  (Read 46439 times)

Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 2
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:34:37 AM »
>You are Byakuren Hijiri, 18 years old, resident of the city of Mayoiga, caretaker (owner) of Rin Kaenbyou, resident of the Moonside apartments, and third year student of Mayoiga High. A few days ago, you were the most popular girl in school, one of the most well-known and liked girls around town. And then you touched a strange doll, and saw a world not your own. That was the day that everything changed, and you became Magical Lotus, the Hero of the Heart.

>Thus far, your day has been happily demon-free, though hardly an uneventful one. After tackling your math mid-term, and befriending transfer student Sanae Kochiya, you were recruited into the drama club's christmas play, a musical production of "A Christmas Carol". You are slotted to play the role of Bob Cratchit, though drama club captain Yamame Kurodani, informed you that the current Scrooge, drama star Kogasa Tatara, was willing to trade if you wanted.
>After classes were over, you had another checkup with school nurse Utsuho Reizushi, who examined you for any lingering signs of cranial trauma resulting from your fall down the stairs last wednesday. She seemed a bit out of sorts, but she did her job thoroughly, and you checked out to her satisfaction, though you are still slated for an MRI this coming friday. For some reason, proximity to her generated a swirl of yellow color in the jewel on your ring, but unlike with Lily, Kiku, the miko Chie, your slave Rin and your schoolmate Luna Child, whom you met on your way out of school, there was no accompanying sensation from your ring with Utsuho, just the color. You are still uncertain what this could mean.

>Returning home to take a power nap, you found the physical embodiment of the Purpose of the Barrier waiting for you outside your door. It felt that it would be the safest place for it, and you agreed, placing the doll in your room. Following that, you dozen for a little while, and after supper at Minoriko's, you sat down with your Rin to have a talk with her about what you'd been up to over the past few days. Not the mundane parts, the otherworldly parts. Not the least reason being that you sensed her potential to wear a ring from her. Rin practically jumped at the chance to wield the power of the Light, to protect you as you protected her, she said.
>With Rin ringed, you decided to take her and investigate the other shrines, to see if you could make contact with the ghosts of the other animal gods, while Kiku continues the investigation into the issue surrounding Satori and the Tiger shrine. Reisen agreed to give you and Rin a lift to the Shrine of the Black Tortoise, headquarters of Miko Miko Suika, and, after a somewhat unpleasant encounter with a street racer called Motormaster, who seemed interested in purchasing Reisen, the three of you are about to set off towards the Tortoise shrine once more.

>"Yes, let's be off."

>Reisen turns over her bike's engine once again, and Rin settles down behind her once more.
>"I wonder what Patchy would say about this." Reisen wonders aloud.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:58:23 PM by Sourfang, Seeker of Winter »

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part two
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:41:51 AM »
>"Oh, something or other indignant about Motormaster's presumptuousness, I expect. You know she cares about you."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 08:34:47 AM »
Wait, is Motormaster male or female? Because he/she was referred to as both.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »
Who knows man. I've got one or two suspects in mind though, given the subject matter, and the model of ride Motormaster has.

>"We just need to be mindful of things now though, I wouldn't put it past Motormaster to pull something when it's just Reisen. I might sound a bit paranoid, but better safe than sorry."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
I think the pronoun use varied back and forth because it was supposed to be ambiguous what gender the person actually was.

>"We just need to be mindful of things now though, I wouldn't put it past Motormaster to pull something when it's just Reisen. I might sound a bit paranoid, but better safe than sorry."

>Reisen is already feeling shaken. No need to give her more cause to fret about right now, particularly when Motormaster has already seemed unwilling to deal with her directly.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 05:52:09 PM »
>"Oh, something or other indignant about Motormaster's presumptuousness, I expect. You know she cares about you."

>Reisen's face yields a half-smile as she shifts her bike into gear. "Sometimes she does. But I'm still... Well, the only reason I'm with her is because of her parents. And we all know how she feels about them and their... ways."

I think the pronoun use varied back and forth because it was supposed to be ambiguous what gender the person actually was.

Pretty much this. Ambiguity is a bit hard to convey in this medium, and that method seemed better than referring to Moto as 'it'.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 05:56:50 PM »
>"This is true, but I understand they're highly protective of their Patchouli, yes? Does it really seem likely they would be content to leave her without your watchful gaze? At the request of a 'ruffian', no less?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 2
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 06:05:29 PM »
>"Besides, I doubt she'd let it happen herself."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
>"This is true, but I understand they're highly protective of their Patchouli, yes? Does it really seem likely they would be content to leave her without your watchful gaze? At the request of a 'ruffian', no less?"
>"Besides, I doubt she'd let it happen herself."

>Reisen snorts out a chuckle. "Not likely. They like to keep me on as tight a leash as they do their daughter. I doubt they're looking to replace me, not unless they find someone they can control better."
>".. is what I'd LIKE to say, but, I can't be completely certain." Reisen adds after a moment. "If the right offer comes along, if they can find a replacement..."
>Rin nods in quiet assent. "Our lives ain't certain ones."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 07:40:44 PM »
>"Well, you know how Patchouli is about them. She's not likely to surrender as valuable an assistant as you are, especially if they say so."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 07:51:04 PM »
>"Forgive me if this is presumptuous, and I know it is easier to say than to do, but there is little value on worrying about what is very likely to never be. While I cannot guarantee your future - no more than any of ours - I do not think you need feel threatened by that person's wish to own you. And should the future bring something unwished for... well, I suppose I shall just need to find some grounds to challenge her as well."

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
>"Well, you know how Patchouli is about them. She's not likely to surrender as valuable an assistant as you are, especially if they say so."

>"I appreciate the sentiment, believe me. But it isn't really up to her. Neither she nor I have much say in the matter. Which is why I hope this doesn't get back to her." Reisen adds with a  frown. "I'd hate to have her reminded, once again, that she doesn't get a say in my place. She gets that enough from her parents."

>"Forgive me if this is presumptuous, and I know it is easier to say than to do, but there is little value on worrying about what is very likely to never be. While I cannot guarantee your future - no more than any of ours - I do not think you need feel threatened by that person's wish to own you. And should the future bring something unwished for... well, I suppose I shall just need to find some grounds to challenge her as well."

>Reisen's hand almost slips off her handlebars. "You... What?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 08:10:33 PM »
>"I've done it once before." Indicate Rin. "I can do it again."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »
>"And I could hardly stand by and allow a friend to suffer at the hands of a brutish master, no matter how intimidating their stature."

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »
>"I've done it once before." Indicate Rin. "I can do it again."
>"And I could hardly stand by and allow a friend to suffer at the hands of a brutish master, no matter how intimidating their stature."

>Reisen slows once more, and smiles a big smile. "Do you mind if I stop again, just for a second?"

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »
>Nod gently
>"Of course."

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 10:23:47 PM »
>Nod gently
>"Of course."

>Reisen pulls over to the side of the road once again, slowing to a halt. She then dismounts her machine, and you find yourself a touch curious. The rabbit exchanges a look with Rin, and something passes between them, something between slaves that you can't imagine. Whatever it was seems to please Reisen, as she pads around the front of her bike, walks up to stand next to you, and then bends over and gives you a hug. "What a master you are." she says brightly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
>Chuckle, and return the hug. "Being nice like this is in my nature, you should know this by now."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 10:39:27 PM »
>"I have never once thought of either of you as less than myself and I never will."

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 12:15:47 AM »
>Chuckle, and return the hug. "Being nice like this is in my nature, you should know this by now."
>"I have never once thought of either of you as less than myself and I never will."

>"Being nice is one thing." Reisen starts.
>Rin, however, finishes. "Being a good master is somethin' else."

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 12:21:41 AM »
>"I only wish to see you treated with the kindness and dignity of person that you deserve. Matters of legal status are immaterial to this."

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 01:52:30 AM »
>"I only wish to see you treated with the kindness and dignity of person that you deserve. Matters of legal status are immaterial to this."

>Reisen detaches herself from you, her expression somewhat mysterious. She gives Rin that look again. The kasha merely nods.
>"You could be the best owner in the world that never would consider herself an owner." Reisen says.

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 01:57:36 AM »
>"Perhaps it is so because I would not consider myself that. You are friends to be cherished, not property to be owned. Others may think differently, but I will not."

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 02:24:24 AM »
>"Perhaps it is so because I would not consider myself that. You are friends to be cherished, not property to be owned. Others may think differently, but I will not."

>Reisen scratches one of her ears. "What if- No, I can wait. That question might call for a long answer." she stops herself, walking around her bike again and mounting up.

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 02:25:50 AM »
>"I have time for a long answer, if you still wish to ask the question. But it's up to you."

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 02:45:40 AM »
>"I have time for a long answer, if you still wish to ask the question. But it's up to you."

>Sitting down on her machine again, Reisen does consider, then shakes her head slightly. "If it's all the same to you, I think I'd rather ask when we're both back home. Or at least somewhere quieter, and maybe a bit privater, than the side of the road."

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 02:53:40 AM »
>Nod
>"Of course."

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 05:00:03 AM »
>Nod
>"Of course."

>Orin gives Reisen a pat on the shoulder as you get yourself comfortable again.
>As she pulls out back into the road, Rin gives you a small smile. "Dat's one upside to havin' a scooter, there. Never have ta race 'em 'gainst folks like that."

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 05:10:14 AM »
>Chuckle a little
>"I suppose that could be an unexpected upside, yes."

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 05:26:24 AM »
>Chuckle a little
>"I suppose that could be an unexpected upside, yes."

>"You were thinking about getting a scooter?" Reisen asks.