Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 244017 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #810 on: June 03, 2013, 12:04:14 AM »
Maybe but it wouldnt really be cool if you could have a sdm crew and nothing else... I say that as an sdm fanboi btw, and yes i realize the first game had this... It was glorious =p. but yeah, non sdm fans got kinda jipped in that regard.

Eientei fans could make a nearly full Eientei team (minus Tewi) and Moriya fans could make a Sanae Kanako Suwako team. You could also have a Yakumo family team (and it'd even affect one of Yukari's attacks). And er... I guess Team 9, but I think most of Team 9 returned here, anyways, for some reason.

Honestly I think it would have been better if the roster ditched more of the old characters to make a full team of new characters possible instead of this strange mishmash they have at the moment if it had to do with "the old characters got enough time in the spotlight already". Though I believe at the time of development, Ten Desires hadn't come out yet which means that would basically just entail having a mostly full Myouren cast, I suppose.

Sahgren

« Reply #811 on: June 03, 2013, 12:34:23 AM »
If that's the complete list, then I feel like it's a little too small in general. I don't mind having a team that doesn't make much sense, but I think that a lot of people will be disappointed that they couldn't play as their favorite character. As is, it seems to hit a lot of the more popular characters, but at the same time not enough of them for if they're just aiming for whom is most popular.

I also agree with the surprise at how many characters are returning from the first game. From what I've seen in the demo, the returning characters aren't all that different  from how they were before (aside from Rinnosuke... Poor Rinnosuke), so it gives off a "more of the same" feeling.

« Reply #812 on: June 03, 2013, 01:05:28 AM »
Actually, someone pointed out that there's an achievement for recruiting 36, I think it was, characters. My list is only 30, so presumably 6 more characters will get added. That, or my assumption about the _ss portrait is just wrong, as there's a lot more characters in the file that don't have one.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #813 on: June 03, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »
that's good to hear, I'm a bit choked about no SDM.
Btw, remi was great in laby1. Her only fault was lack of variety of spells to use, but that wasn't unbalanced in any way, she was a very good character IMO. Most people don't think she's as great as I do sure, but  few people seem to think she's less than average still.

Also, I too was pleased to see Hina. Back when Touhou pocketwars Evo was doing the vote for character thing, Hina was my choice, and I didn't have to think about it for a second.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #814 on: June 03, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »
Also, if you played the demo all the way through, you would have run into a certain event on 3F
Spoiler:
where you fight a boss with the assistance of both Yukari and Yuyuko (yes, you take control of them, and they have a full set of spells),
which may further suggest that that current image group isn't the final roster of playable characters. On top of that, there's quite a few people you run into with rough portraits through the three floors, and I'm pretty sure none of them are in that list.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #815 on: June 03, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »
Also, if you played the demo all the way through, you would have run into a certain event on 3F
Spoiler:
where you fight a boss with the assistance of both Yukari and Yuyuko (yes, you take control of them, and they have a full set of spells),
which may further suggest that that current image group isn't the final roster of playable characters. On top of that, there's quite a few people you run into with rough portraits through the three floors, and I'm pretty sure none of them are in that list.

Ok thats it, full cast or bust! =p.

Id like to see hatate though, poor girl is nearly forgotten in the game world, and her twintails are just too delicious qq.

« Reply #816 on: June 04, 2013, 12:11:25 AM »
Ok thats it, full cast or bust! =p.

Id like to see hatate though, poor girl is nearly forgotten in the game world, and her twintails are just too delicious qq.

She is in TPW2!

Also is has there been any other news regarding a demo or any news at all?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #817 on: June 04, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »
Well considering they just released a new demo of ThLaby2 at Reitaisai...

Uh, apart from that though, no, as far as I'm aware.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #818 on: June 04, 2013, 02:29:38 AM »
Image translations: http://puu.sh/36lJI

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #819 on: June 05, 2013, 05:22:22 PM »
I'm gonna get the ball rolling on a wiki page. If anyone wants to help out or compile known info for easier recording, knock thyselves out. A lot of what I'll have here is guesswork and gleaning, so feel free to fix anything I mess up on or misinterpret.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:55:50 PM by Earthsiege »
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #820 on: June 08, 2013, 02:30:11 AM »
So, I've been having fun transcribing menus and the likes for LoTH2, put some (very) basic translations to know a bit what the heck I'm doing while playing, as well as transcribing the story itself. I wish I could translate it by myself, but seeing as my japanese is, well, lacking, I don't trust myself that much in it. But, if anyone would be interested to have all that story in text format, since ITH doesn't seem to want to cooperate with the game, I can share the file, or if you just want it to know a bit how to work your way around the game. Either way, it's making me practice my reading so, it's not all wasted effort. Otherwise, I can always put it on the wiki if you guys make one.

Also, do I really see at choice2 between Mokou and Kaguya? I can already feel my heart weeping at the decision T_T
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #821 on: June 08, 2013, 07:33:28 AM »
There's a SECOND one? Crap. Geez, and I only just started on the first. Messed around a bit to get a feel for the game and then went and got the "full cast level 1" save from the top of the thread.

What's the cap on the stuff you spend skill points on? Does it only go up to level 10, or is it something like 99 or 999?
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #822 on: June 08, 2013, 08:32:41 AM »
There's a SECOND one? Crap. Geez, and I only just started on the first. Messed around a bit to get a feel for the game and then went and got the "full cast level 1" save from the top of the thread.

What's the cap on the stuff you spend skill points on? Does it only go up to level 10, or is it something like 99 or 999?
There isn't a cap.
If there is , you won't be reaching it, ever. It goes past level 999 and by then you'll need like more than 1m3 SKP per level,

The Krve

« Reply #823 on: June 08, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »
Also, anyone knows who made Lab's music ?
I've heard them in a lot of games (mostly in fangames, doujin games , once in Cosmic Break). I really like his style but I can't really track him down.
Edit: nvm
http://www.rengoku-teien.com/
The circle is relatively obscure outside of Japan , so you won't find all of their works on youtube or other popular sites.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:19:27 PM by kevodanh »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #824 on: June 08, 2013, 02:22:37 PM »
There isn't a cap.
If there is , you won't be reaching it, ever. It goes past level 999 and by then you'll need like more than 1m3 SKP per level,
I was confused why you were saying this until I realized you were talking about, uh... "parameter" levels. It's kind of confusing to call them skill points now that characters have skill points used for leveling up actual skills, too. >.o

This is going to be a thing in conversations. :T
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #825 on: June 08, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »
So, I've been having fun transcribing menus and the likes for LoTH2, put some (very) basic translations to know a bit what the heck I'm doing while playing, as well as transcribing the story itself. I wish I could translate it by myself, but seeing as my japanese is, well, lacking, I don't trust myself that much in it. But, if anyone would be interested to have all that story in text format, since ITH doesn't seem to want to cooperate with the game, I can share the file, or if you just want it to know a bit how to work your way around the game. Either way, it's making me practice my reading so, it's not all wasted effort. Otherwise, I can always put it on the wiki if you guys make one.

Also, do I really see at choice2 between Mokou and Kaguya? I can already feel my heart weeping at the decision T_T

I don't have confidence translating the actual story script, but I can probably translate all the menu texts, if you have them.

« Reply #826 on: June 09, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »
who is considered the "best best" offensive character in the game? Imo are eiki with her piercing move, nitori with her gun and rinnosuke with world shaking military rule

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #827 on: June 09, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
Def not cootiesuke.

Nitori is prob the best in non-situational damage (except for phys immune enemies)
Flan prob best dps for non-switching using starbrow... But good luck keeping her alive if you intend to spam it: note her levi is also highest for group burst unless fire resist.

Mystia prob the best for non situational fast-casting no-sideeffect group burst.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #828 on: June 09, 2013, 11:28:16 PM »
mystia is probably best for general random battles because she has strong PAR on nice attacks, but she's certainly not the best for damage overall

Nitori is hands-down the best for bosses in most situations, they overbuffed her nuke

Honestly for non-switching scenarios, if you have someone out who can keep her ATK buffed, Aya I feel is certainly the best. However, she doesn't have the SP until a little into Plus to really do this, and a lot of Plus Disk bosses have WND resist, so... (Yet, even the ones with only like 150 WND resist, Aya is still a worthy attacker whose damage will compare to other murder options)

sooo that kinda takes Aya down a notch, but she's pretty underappreciated

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #829 on: June 10, 2013, 01:47:22 AM »

I don't have confidence translating the actual story script, but I can probably translate all the menu texts, if you have them.

Well, I've done most of the menus already, but if there's anything that you don't see on my files that could use translations go ahead and have fun, I know items and some achievements, as well as parameters in the Magic Library and Hakurei Shrine I haven't done. (and story)

And for anyone else interested, the file will have 2 docs, one with menus and story stuff, the other with all skills of the thirteen available characters in the second demo, working on the spells currently. I've put both the japanese transcriptions and the english translations, so feel free to correct what sounds wrong, I'm still not that great at it, but it should give a readable descriptions for skills.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mdss5daj8oxgktm/loth2_translationstuff.rar

Credits on the skills to you Regalstar for Reimu, Marisa, Keine and Rinnosuke, and Fishin for Rumia, Kogasa and Youmu
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #830 on: June 10, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »
Some corrections from your character data:

貫通攻撃 ?Piercing Attack:
   防御能力が極端に高い敵に攻撃する場合、
   防御能力を無視してある程度のダメージが確実に通るようになる。
   (Against enemies with extremely high defenses, some defense-ignoring damage will still go through.)

嫉妬心を操る程度の能力 ? Ability to Manipulate Jealousy:
   敵味方に能力低下状態のキャラが多ければ多いほど、スキル取得者の能力が上昇   する。
   For every unit (ally or enemy) under the effect of debuffs, the skill holder's abilities will increase.

Also, I was hoping that a Chinese translation patch for LoT2 can be done as well. I can handle all the translations (if there are thing I can't translate, I can get help from people), but I am hoping that the actual patch itself can be put together here along with the English patch.

« Reply #831 on: June 10, 2013, 12:18:03 PM »
Chinese translation patch for LoT2

Hmm. I don't know if that'd work with the exe as-is. LoT1 at least uses Shift-JIS encoding, and I honestly don't know enough to know how well that'd handle chinese characters, but I imagine there'd be some difficulties. I also have no idea how to change the encoding either. My text-replacement tool would probably work, but I can't guarantee it.

Did anyone ever make a Chinese translation for LoT1?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #832 on: June 10, 2013, 08:27:04 PM »
Hmm. I don't know if that'd work with the exe as-is. LoT1 at least uses Shift-JIS encoding, and I honestly don't know enough to know how well that'd handle chinese characters, but I imagine there'd be some difficulties. I also have no idea how to change the encoding either. My text-replacement tool would probably work, but I can't guarantee it.

Did anyone ever make a Chinese translation for LoT1?

No. LoT1 is almost unknown in Chinese crowd after about half a year, and I'm hoping that LoT2 avoids the same fate.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #833 on: June 11, 2013, 06:59:31 PM »
It was down to pretty much only Suwako. If I switched someone in, most likely both Suwako and the new character would die. If I didn't, then my only chance would have been to get off another Croaking Frog Eaten by Snake. So I took the risk and got it off one last time.
Maribel fell.
The only thing I managed to get out was, "Holy..."
In other words, I FINALLY beat Maribel at Reimu 151! I already went ahead and recruited Mystia and collected the other treasure on F20 like the Genocide Cannon and whatnot. I'm just two items away from the 100 item star: That sword dropped by the Genocider and the Great Question Mask. And I know about the Version 2 bosses and the Bloodstained Seal and the Boss Rush and all of that. So much more left to do. But hey, I finally did it.

EDIT: Oh hey, by the way, I'm utterly confused with what to do with LoT2. I beat Youmu, I have Kogasa and Momiji, but what the hell do I do with Rumia, Parsee, or the block of ice?
SECOND EDIT: Ah, scratch the ice. I had to just have had beaten Youmu.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:37:41 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Sahgren

« Reply #834 on: June 11, 2013, 11:54:30 PM »
For Rumia:
You need to bring Rumia 3 of the Manga Meats (according to Fishin), which can be identified by the HP + 3 (regen, was it?). No clue about Parsee, however.

Speaking of Rumia, who the hell thought it was a good idea to give Demarcation a hit rate?
If you really want Rumia, you can buy Manga Meats from Nitori's shop.

For Parsee:
She joined me the first time I went to her with a full party of 12. Unless I'm missing someone, you'll have that many characters right after beating the 3F boss.

Edit: Removed spoiler tags. The demo has been out long enough for them to not make much sense anymore.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:01:34 AM by Sahgren »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #835 on: June 12, 2013, 12:14:54 AM »
Ah, I bought the wrong items then (I thought it was the HP +12% ones, not the HP regen +3 ones). I'll have to grind up the gold again later.
On another note, I just beat Hibachi at Reimu 159. Holy crap, Hibachi moves FAST. I'm not really looking forward to Bloody Papa or the Twin Hibachi.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

The Krve

« Reply #836 on: June 12, 2013, 08:56:39 AM »
Anyone got any clue what Parsee is ?
Some kind of MND tank that shrugs off status effect and capable of inflicting status as well ?
And what's up with her 4th spell ? I can't seem to do damages with it.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #837 on: June 12, 2013, 09:45:49 AM »
I should link some of the posts with LoT2 info in the OP. If someone can be so kind as to gather them up for me :)

The Krve

« Reply #838 on: June 12, 2013, 10:20:26 AM »
I should link some of the posts with LoT2 info in the OP. If someone can be so kind as to gather them up for me :)
-Translation (currently) :
   -http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13990.msg984423.html#msg984423(kuilfrayt)
   -http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13990.msg982350.html#msg982350(RegalStar)
-Information on the percentages on the right : http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13990.msg981434.html#msg981434
-Wiki : http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou_2 (needs some polishing)
-Developer's site: http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/
-Main page: http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/THL2/top.htm
-More insight on the game's evasion system: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13990.msg975579.html#msg975579
-There are a total of 13 characters in the current demo , with Yukari and Yuyuko confirmed as playable. For more WMG , go to: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13990.msg980384.html#msg980384
-Latest demo is 0.121 and the poison damage will make you cry.
Aaaaand that's all I've got.

« Reply #839 on: June 12, 2013, 12:15:55 PM »
Ripped menu images for any kind image editors that are willing to help me make a quick partial patch: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13990.msg981537.html#msg981537