Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 244280 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #780 on: May 29, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »
New Labyrinth of Touhou demo released on his site. This should be the same as what was released at R10, and should have up to 3F. There was a mention about some huge bug with save data, but I think this version should have that fixed. Maybe someone that can actually read could confirm this.

The links on his blog seem to be getting hammered, so here's a mediafire mirror:   http://www.mediafire.com/?9l59dl5vkdm4x8v

The list of character portraits inside img1 hasn't changed at all, although there's more actually portraits now. Aya isn't just Reimu with the word "Aya" written on her anymore.

If we assume that only characters with all three portrait types (x_L.png, x_S.png, x_SS.png) will appear in game, the list of playable characters is probably:

Akyuu
Alice
Aya
Chen
Cirno
Hina
Kaguya
Kasen
Keine
Kogasa
Komachi
Kourin
Marisa
Minoriko
Mokou
Momiji
Mystia
Nazrin
Nitori
Parsee
Patchouli
Reimu
Rin
Rumia
Satori
Tensi
Utsuho
Wriggle
Youmu
Yuugi

Pretty sure this includes everyone playable already, although Akyuu is kinda odd in this list.

(Edit: Added mf link above)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:16:31 PM by qazmlpok »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #781 on: May 30, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »
I expect that list to grow since i don't see any sdm characters other than patchy. There is no sanae either. Not that I'm complaining about it per say, just that it is odd he'd make nearly the entire sdm cast playable from the start/floor 1, then not have them at all in the next. And sanae... Shes just one of those characters you would expect to see in any fan game with such a large cast.

Unless you just mean for this demo?
Thats a huge list for 3 floors though dang.

Sahgren

« Reply #782 on: May 30, 2013, 07:04:46 PM »
Thanks for the link.

That is an amazing step up in the art from the first game. I don't feel like I'd be required to insert my own art anymore.

« Reply #783 on: May 30, 2013, 07:13:12 PM »
I expect that list to grow since i don't see any sdm characters other than patchy. There is no sanae either. Not that I'm complaining about it per say, just that it is odd he'd make nearly the entire sdm cast playable from the start/floor 1, then not have them at all in the next. And sanae... Shes just one of those characters you would expect to see in any fan game with such a large cast.

Unless you just mean for this demo?
Thats a huge list for 3 floors though dang.
No, that is what I expect to be the roster for the full game. It is conjecture, but I'd say it's pretty likely to be accurate.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #784 on: May 30, 2013, 09:48:26 PM »
Just beat the new demo and there's an...unusual boss-fight in it that really pleasantly surprised me. Don't want to spoil it and take that moment away, but I hope there's going to be more things like that in the final version.

To anyone who is also playing: I think I'm missing a character and I'm really curious as to who it may be (Mystia or Wriggle are my best guesses). At Kourindo, she'd be in the slot to the left of Parsee. Is that character recruitable in the demo? If so, how do you get her?

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #785 on: May 30, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »
I'm pleasantly surprised that there's music in this demo now. Also,
Spoiler:
I found Remilia and her sketchy portrait

EDIT: And good music, at that.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:16:32 AM by Rukoto »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #786 on: May 31, 2013, 01:36:20 AM »
Are the tracks Touhou remixes or unrelated like the original tracks like dark a liar, the floor tracks, etc? Yes I know some are generic library sings liek the Youmu boss fight but some were unique and amazing =).

Sahgren

« Reply #787 on: May 31, 2013, 04:04:18 AM »
I ended up getting stuck at the floor 3 boss. I know I should just grind, but I'm lazy since it's a demo.

A question: How do you recruit
Spoiler:
Parsee
and
Spoiler:
Rumia
? There are others I haven't been able to recruit either, but those two annoy me since they appear early.

Are the tracks Touhou remixes or unrelated like the original tracks like dark a liar, the floor tracks, etc? Yes I know some are generic library sings liek the Youmu boss fight but some were unique and amazing =).

I'm pretty certain they're Touhou remixes for the most part. A lot of them sound really familiar.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:08:15 AM by Sahgren »

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #788 on: May 31, 2013, 04:49:36 AM »
Spoiler:
Parsee
and
Spoiler:
Rumia
? There are others I haven't been able to recruit either, but those two annoy me since they appear early.
You need to bring
Spoiler:
Rumia
3 of the Manga Meats (according to Fishin), which can be identified by the HP + 3 (regen, was it?). No clue about
Spoiler:
Parsee
, however.

Also, so far I'd have to say the FOE track is my favourite.

Spoiler:
Speaking of Rumia, who the hell thought it was a good idea to give Demarcation a hit rate?

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #789 on: May 31, 2013, 08:18:43 AM »

Spoiler:
Parsee
?

She joined me the first time I went to her with a full party of 12. Unless I'm missing someone, you'll have that many characters right after beating the 3F boss.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #790 on: May 31, 2013, 02:18:02 PM »
Spoiler:
Speaking of Rumia, who the hell thought it was a good idea to give Demarcation a hit rate?
Their previous (Non-touhou) game had a similar issue that got fixed, so hopefully...

Although I have to wonder about an elemental healing spell. It'd be interesting if character resist had a reverse effect, though. (More of the appropriate resist making it heal more) As long as resist doesn't make it heal LESS though, s'fine.

What ARE the numbers like, anyway? I haven't gotten around to the demo and she was bork'd in the last one.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #791 on: May 31, 2013, 06:33:52 PM »
Well, with Reimu doing a fully defensive build (157 MAG, assuming her heal is pure MAG-based), she heals for about 100 to the party with ~3300 ATB gauge post-use. Rumia, with a full MAG build (again, assuming pure MAG like before, which she has 305), heals for about the same with around ~4500 ATB post-use. It definitely heals for a lot more this time around, but the accuracy is annoying. I haven't noticed Reimu missing at all, and her healing spell is elemental as well.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
help how do I save myself from instant death
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:25:20 PM by Rukoto »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #792 on: May 31, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »
Oh boy, do I have questions about LoT2 (I' not going to ask about Maribel in LoT1 right now even though she's kicking my ass because I know it's somewhat of a luck thing). Two things:

What are those percentages on the right? I have absolutely no idea what they do.

What does any of this do? I understand they upgrade stuff, but I don't know what it all does, particularly the thing I have highlighted and the thing below it (everyone has it and they translate to "Ambition" and "Combat Experience," if my text hooker is right), but I don't understand any of it. Help?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #793 on: May 31, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »
There were some translations done on this stuff earlier in the topic (page 14), but that was for the first demo.

« Reply #794 on: May 31, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
Actually, would anyone be interested in working on an image patch for the demo? I'd need a translator and an image editor for the graphic files, but I can post them if there's interested volunteers.

I'd rather not start work on the text yet, since even if the text doesn't change the positioning will, but the images will probably remain the same until the final release.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #795 on: May 31, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »
I cant but ill just throw in the obvious and say any work done in that department will most likely be useable for the full version when its out =).

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #796 on: May 31, 2013, 11:01:11 PM »
Uh... that translation page didn't give anything about the results screen stuff. Seriously, what is all of that stuff on the right? It seems to go up if you keep winning battles in a row without leaving the dungeon, but other that that I don't know what they do.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #797 on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:10 AM »
I would guess that is the bonus drop rate and extra experience . Feel free to correct me.
And ahhh , such soothing music.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #798 on: June 01, 2013, 04:47:47 AM »
Ahh, about the music... does it start where it left off after a battle? That was a downer with laby1. You couldn't really appreciate the entire tracks in-game because each battle would reset the stage exploration music, which are often 2-4 minutes, while the time it takes to get into a battle was more like 10-20 seconds.

« Reply #799 on: June 01, 2013, 07:03:19 AM »
agh, none of my save files from the first demo are working (the blog post says that all files except the first one shouldn't transfer, but even that doesn't work for me).  I'll have to try it on my laptop later.

What are those percentages on the right? I have absolutely no idea what they do.

What does any of this do? I understand they upgrade stuff, but I don't know what it all does, particularly the thing I have highlighted and the thing below it (everyone has it and they translate to "Ambition" and "Combat Experience," if my text hooker is right), but I don't understand any of it. Help?
EXP bonus, money bonus, and drop bonus respectively

There should be translations of what the skills do and whatnot on pages 14 and 16, mostly 14.  What text hooker are you using, though?  ITH dropped tons of characters randomly for me.

The Krve

« Reply #800 on: June 01, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »
How do you get out of the 1st floor again ?
I have explored every corner and all that's left is Parsee and that icy rock ( which I can't do anything to )
Edit: NVM , I pressed the wrong button.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:30:24 AM by kevodanh »

« Reply #801 on: June 01, 2013, 02:36:56 PM »
0.12 patch posted for the trial. Just a change to the exe

My best guess of the change log from google translate:

Fixed a bug where you'd create an item and not actually get it
Fixed bug where saying "No" to a prompt still does it
Fixed a bug where boss information wouldn't show up in the encyclopedia
Something incomprehensible: "May not tampered or toying subtly the performance of friend or foe"
Other misc fixes

I might be getting the 2nd one wrong as well. Might just be "If you choose not to do something, it didn't tell you that you didn't do it".

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #802 on: June 01, 2013, 03:11:21 PM »
Actually, would anyone be interested in working on an image patch for the demo? I'd need a translator and an image editor for the graphic files, but I can post them if there's interested volunteers.

I'd rather not start work on the text yet, since even if the text doesn't change the positioning will, but the images will probably remain the same until the final release.

I can probably handle anything that isn't in-game script.

« Reply #803 on: June 01, 2013, 03:39:07 PM »
I can probably handle anything that isn't in-game script.

Awesome, thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qc6k0z6zo6z2v3r/

Here's the images. This should be everything with Japanese text, including stuff like the Attack/Spell/form change menu options that have both English and Japanese text. I have no opinion as to whether those should be left alone or changed to just English. This also includes the floor titles up to 6F. I'm assuming that's as far as he's gotten.

A lot of the text is white text on a transparent background, so don't be surprised if a lot of them look blank.

Still going to need a volunteer for the image editing, but for the most part it's just purely typesetting and not redrawing or cleaning anything.

« Reply #804 on: June 01, 2013, 08:10:39 PM »
Huh, I can't get my old save files working, even on my laptop (though new ones work fine).  Does anyone have a save file around the end of 1F that they wouldn't mind uploading?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:29:11 PM by Fishin »

The Krve

« Reply #805 on: June 02, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »
0.121 patch is online.
Fixed some bugs. Pretty sure Motivated Heart and Hands-on Experience work properly now.
Bad news is the guy is increasing poison damage that allies receive.

Sahgren

« Reply #806 on: June 02, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »
0.121 patch is online.
Fixed some bugs. Pretty sure Motivated Heart and Hands-on Experience work properly now.
Bad news is the guy is increasing poison damage that allies receive.

Does he mention by how much? It makes the game harder, but I will admit that I didn't much notice (or care) when one of my characters got poisoned.

« Reply #807 on: June 02, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
Hmm... I wonder what other peoples' opinions on that roster are. Personally, while I find it a noble enough idea that they decided to get lots of representation from as many different "groups" as possible, overall I find the roster very... unexciting for the simple fact that you'll end up with some kind of rainbow pimp gang no matter who you bring into your party. For example, if you're trying to make an SDM themed group, you can't. There's only Patchouli. If you're trying to make a Moriya themed group, you can't. There's only... er, nothing. If you're trying to make an Eientei themed group, you can't. There's only Kaguya (though you can at least make a Kaguya Mokou Keine group, I suppose).  If you're trying to make a Myouren group, you can't. There's only Nazrin. No Yakumo team is possible, or hell, even an Oni team since Suika's not there. I guess you can make a "mostly finished" Satori family team (but no Koishi) or something.

But mostly, in the end, while there is at least one character from every "group" in the roster (...with the exception of Moriya, hehehehe), you'll end up with a disparate party of Patchouli teamed up with Nazrin teamed up with Kaguya teamed up with Komachi and kinda thinking these girls interacting with each other is something straight out of a ridiculously random fanfic.

But maybe that's just me. Dunno how others would feel.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #808 on: June 02, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »
Maybe but it wouldnt really be cool if you could have a sdm crew and nothing else... I say that as an sdm fanboi btw, and yes i realize the first game had this... It was glorious =p. but yeah, non sdm fans got kinda jipped in that regard.

In any case i think more period would be better, but recognize that the roster size is already very good so im not gonna complain with it.

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #809 on: June 02, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »
Hmm... I wonder what other peoples' opinions on that roster are.

Skipping my 100th fanboyish fit over Hina being included, I'm a little surprised many of the LoT1-cast have been kept. I'm always hoping for a sequel to be very distinguishable from the predecessor in content (but not dropping in quality of course). Apparently Nise Eikoku Shinshidan wants the game to seem familiar to players of the first, would explain the many returners. I can live with that, though, as I've seen a good bunch of things I like from the demo.
That aside, who I'm really missing are Ten Desires characters. There is an alarming lack of those and a Miyako-Seiga bossfight would have been so fitting for this kind of game. They would have been a great duo of a warrior and a mage. And all the synergy-effects they could have had as characters...